PDA

View Full Version : Pursuits of Alchemy (Arena) - Battle in the Arena for new 5-set Alchemy Talismans!

Ruby_LOTB
03-24-2019, 12:02 AM
Earn Gnosis Soul Fragments, Iron Coins, and Gold by achieving milestones in the Arena!

From now until March 30th at 5 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of wins in the Arena before the event is over:

Every 10 Wins: Iron Coins x50, Gnosis Soul Fragments x50, Gold x10,000
Every 25 Wins: Iron Coins x100, Gnosis Soul Fragments x100, Gold x15,000
Every 50 Wins: Iron Coins x150, Gnosis Soul Fragments x150, Gold x25,000
Every 100 Wins: Iron Coins x300, Gnosis Soul Fragments x200, Gold x50,000

There is no limit to these rewards! Please note that these items will be granted when you complete your Arena battle, and will stack if you meet multiple requirements.

For example, when you reach 50 wins, you will earn the rewards for 10 wins, 25 wins, and 50 wins at the same time; this results in combined rewards of 300 Iron Coins, 300 Gnosis Fragments, and 50,000 Gold.

Use Gnosis Soul Fragments in the Event Store to purchase limited time items including ALCHEMY TALISMANS our latest 5-set talismans!

Alchemy Talismans are blue Talismans with a 5 set effect. Equip them to grant Invincibility to all allies for the first turn of battle. These talismans also transform Negative Effects on all allies into Beneficial Effects every turn and permanently reduce a random stat on all enemies by 5% every time you attack.

See the full list of limited time Event Store items below:

3⭐ Alchemy (Sorcery) Talisman x1 (1000 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 5 per event)
Skill Shard x1 (100 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 3 per event)
Ironite x25 (100 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 3 per event)
Frontier Coins x 100 (150 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 1 per event)
Cosmic XP Shards x10 (100 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 1 per day)
Cosmic XP Runes x5 (150 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 1 per day)
Talisman Soul Fragments x25 (50 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 20 per event)
Catalyst Soul x1 (300 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 3 per event)
Legendary Soul x1 (500 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 1 per event)

IMPORTANT: Gnosis Fragments can also be used to make Gnosis Souls, which will drop a 3⭐ or 5⭐ Gold Idol. Gold Idols can be sold for a high price, but cannot be used to purchase the items available for Gnosis Fragments. Converting Gnosis Fragments into their Souls and/or opening those Souls is not reversible, so please avoid converting your Gnosis Fragments until after this event is over.

Finally, we have a couple additional deals on offer for the duration of this event!
[list]
Alchemy Talismans are also obtainable from the store for Ironite or IAP. You can get two talismans to finish making a set for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Alchemy Talismans), and if you’d like to get a full set of the talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an IAP.
Eternity Relics are purchasable with Gold in the Event Store!

Eternity Relics grant players up to a 50% increase in HP, Attack and Magic stats in the Arena for a limited time. There are two kinds: Eternity Arms (Increase Stats on your Arena Offense Team) and Eternity Armor (Increase Stats on your Arena Defense Team).

Please note: Each Eternity Relic can be purchased twice and will expire 2 weeks after they are purchased (Note: Earning additional levels of these Relics will refresh the timer!). These Relics will not increase stats in the Gauntlet.

SteveHarris
03-24-2019, 12:11 AM
Sorcery!? C'mon. Get your shit together, because it's everywhere.

Amarthir
03-24-2019, 12:17 AM
Sorcery!? C'mon. Get your shit together, because it's everywhere.

I don't mind sorcery, since it's a 5 set, I'd rather have the extra durability for my character and just use an attack Cosmic for the last slot.

About the event, I would have preferred they just did it the normal way with the Talismans and iron coins like it's been for the past few months. This event feels....less than what is preferred. Not exactly something I'd like to get into on my first day back from my vacation.

bort
03-24-2019, 12:26 AM
First: arena events are the *worst*. You need to play constantly to get 200 wins without spending ironite, and the amount of players that don’t set a weak defence only makes this harder.

Second: because the arena is terrible in general regarding efforts v rewards, most people don’t play it other than whats necessary, but do power up their relics for the gauntlet. Combine this with point #1 (arena sucks) + (non-weak defences) and you have tonnes and tonnes of players at every stage of arena with difficult to beat defences.

This increases the frustration in playing arena events

Finally: in order to get the rewards this week without spending 500 ironite to finish it is 400 wins, double the usual requirement.

Overall just terrible.

A simple change from “win x arena matches” to “play x arena matches” would make all the difference in these shitty arena events.

tl;dr: I hate arena events and if anything is going to make me quit this game (again), it will be them

kkkreg5
03-24-2019, 12:30 AM
Definitely less IC for wins.

No one said there would be math involved with this "game"! I don't want to have to think if I'm playing...

Ruby_LOTB
03-24-2019, 01:56 AM
Quick clarification on minimum Arena Wins to receive enough Gnosis Fragments to purchase Talismans:

After 100 Wins total gets you 1,400 Gnosis Fragments total (1 Talisman)
After 150 Wins total gets you 2,000 Gnosis Fragments total (2 Talismans)
After 225 Wins total gets you 3,000 Gnosis Fragments total (3 Talismans)
After 300 Wins total gets you 4,200 Gnosis Fragments total (4 Talismans)
After 375 Wins total gets you 5,000 Gnosis Fragments total (5 Talismans)

In summary, you need 375 wins for enough Gnosis Fragments for the entire set of Talismans

Esquatcho
03-24-2019, 04:05 AM
Hey, I get that the arena events are the toughest to grind through as its all so manual.

But I'll keep saying it: If you dont want to do it, then dont do it!

Im probably just going to do a bit more than usual, grab some FC/IC and talisman soul frags and then fiiinnallllyyyy catch up on some much needed farming for gold!

Yes it would be good to get every new item easier, but realistically its not going ot happen. We all need to get just get used to playing part of events, saving up and then committing to a full event every so often (at least those of us not willing to spend the big $).

MuzakMaker
03-24-2019, 05:29 AM
Hey, I get that the arena events are the toughest to grind through as its all so manual.

But I'll keep saying it: If you dont want to do it, then dont do it!

Im probably just going to do a bit more than usual, grab some FC/IC and talisman soul frags and then fiiinnallllyyyy catch up on some much needed farming for gold!

Yes it would be good to get every new item easier, but realistically its not going ot happen. We all need to get just get used to playing part of events, saving up and then committing to a full event every so often (at least those of us not willing to spend the big $).

I want to agree with you so badly. The problem is most of these events, like this one, introduce something that becomes necessary as the devs keep introducing new things that,instead of re-balancing what we have, ratchet up the difficulty or add new mechanics that either break the game or become necessary to complete things.

I miss being able to log in and do whatever I wanted in the app, but now it seems if I'm not engaging in the current event I just get further behind.

Muzzleloader
03-24-2019, 06:15 AM
Muzak, the game has definetly turned into pay to collect game. You are either collecting for fun or to stay competitive at the higher levels. The current arena event will cost you 600 ironite to earn the 5 set talisman set if you didnt save SoW from the current dungeon event. That doesnt include the time to win all the required battles.

The game is trying to see which resource they can make you deplete the fastest. Another way to deplete your resources is to release all the new souls and evo materials to make you reach max slot capacity. They then make it neccessary to use or sell those resources just to be able to play, then increase the slots after you consumed the excess resources.

The rate at which new toons/talisman are being released is making everyone grind just to acquire/evolve them without having time to enjoy the new toys. I dont know how newer players have time to earn gold and evo material to evolve all the new talisman let alone the older frequently used talisman.

SinGularity-8786
03-24-2019, 08:21 AM
the higher the rate of putting in new stuff the less i grind for it. why spending time/Money today when tomorrows update makes it useless?...

URock
03-24-2019, 08:44 AM
So...do I waste my SOW for a blue (arena event) or for a green (gauntlet) talisman-set, that I don't know on what toon to use?
Maybe I collect more SOW for a better event? Seems that NAVIGATOR wants us to waste all of our materials.
URock says: NO WAY!

slauki
03-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Quick clarification on minimum Arena Wins to receive enough Gnosis Fragments to purchase Talismans:

After 100 Wins total gets you 1,400 Gnosis Fragments total (1 Talisman)
After 150 Wins total gets you 2,000 Gnosis Fragments total (2 Talismans)
After 225 Wins total gets you 3,000 Gnosis Fragments total (3 Talismans)
After 300 Wins total gets you 4,200 Gnosis Fragments total (4 Talismans)
After 375 Wins total gets you 5,000 Gnosis Fragments total (5 Talismans)

In summary, you need 375 wins for enough Gnosis Fragments for the entire set of Talismans

375 is some serious time commitment. usually 200-300 wins were always enough to get the specific rewards, i think this was tough but doable. more than 300 should never be a requirement imo, this is just too much...

for everyone who wants to put in a lone eddie defense. please put a defense with 4 random guys at L100 instead without talismans. this way the attacker will get more gold and ironite drops

Intimidator
03-24-2019, 10:19 AM
I always have a week defense up but I didn’t realize that putting up 4 level 100 allies got the attacker more gold and ironite. So I changed this right away, let’s hope that more troopers will do this also.

Ip4
03-24-2019, 11:01 AM
one more good event for skip,i am not interested in this new talismans and don't want to lose ironite,thinking to only buy catalyst souls and 3xironite from store only...

good thing in this stupid events is we can save ironite for maybe upcoming good events...

GotN
03-24-2019, 11:09 AM

You can’t be serious about that!!! 375??? 300 had been too much and players addressed that to you. Then you changed it to 200. That was a really good step! Thank you very much! Really!! And now you make it 375?!? Again a bad event. Third out of the last 4 I think! We have to reach rank S in gauntlet to get a full set of talisman instead of AAA, we have to give tons of gold for opening souls we can get nothing new from and get only crap,.... aso... Again this game has gone another step down!

Blade
03-24-2019, 11:17 AM
My thoughts:
The new system for rewards is pretty good. I said a long time ago that a few extra rewards between the big milestones would be good for motivation. With e.g. 195 victories you were in a really bad position.
Fragments as rewards that can be used for different items is also a good idea because every player can choose rewards according to his own needs.

BUT!
375 is really a rude move. The jump from 200 victories to almost double is not justified. You could argue that the new set is powerful - and should be more difficult to get since it's a set of 5. I'm going a bit along with that. Therefore, I would have considered 250 wins to be appropriate.

But with 375 wins, the absolute majority of players are excluded. Estimated at 95%. Do you just want to have players with no life, no family and no job? Is that really the target group? Looks like it, which is just sad.
Unfortunately the Arena stats are still bugged, so you can't see how many wins you had last week. It's been that way for ages! So I can't say exactly what I had last week. But it was definitely not 375 - it was more like 250-275 and I finished in 5th place. This wouldn't even be enough for 4 talismans this week, which shows how out of place the 375 are.

edsel
03-24-2019, 11:24 AM
Labyrinth talismans were originally advertised for March offerings, I was looking forward to these for this event. Why the bait and switch? I hope they are available soon, much better than these Sorcery versions of a 1st round invincibility effect5380

Liu
03-24-2019, 11:35 AM
Breaks for talismans:

Victories: 100
IC: 1500
Frags: 1400

Victories: 150
IC: 2100
Frags: 2000

Victories: 225
IC: 3200
Frags: 3000

Victories: 300
IC: 4500
Frags: 4200

Victories: 375
IC: 5300
Frags: 5000

Breaks in 50 victory steps:

Victories: 50
IC: 600
Frags: 600

Victories: 100
IC: 1500
Frags: 1400

Victories: 150
IC: 2100
Frags: 2000

Victories: 200
IC: 3000
Frags: 2800

Victories: 350
IC: 5100
Frags: 4800

Victories: 300
IC: 4500
Frags: 4200

Victories: 450
IC: 6600
Frags: 6200

Victories: 400
IC: 6000
Frags: 5600

Victories: 450
IC: 6600
Frags: 6200

Victories: 500
IC: 7500
Frags: 7000

Note that you can go for 4 talismans and buy the last for 500 ironite.

hold
03-24-2019, 11:35 AM
You can’t be serious about that!!! 375??? 300 had been too much and players addressed that to you. Then you changed it to 200. That was a really good step! Thank you very much! Really!! And now you make it 375?!? Again a bad event. Third out of the last 4 I think! We have to reach rank S in gauntlet to get a full set of talisman instead of AAA, we have to give tons of gold for opening souls we can get nothing new from and get only crap,.... aso... Again this game has gone another step down!

Totally obvious what's going on here. As you can buy 2 for 500 ironite all they want is squeeze ironite out (well for the most players that will be the only option or just skip it).

hold
03-24-2019, 11:38 AM
Note that you can go for 4 talismans and buy the last for 500 ironite.

if you tap on it in the store it says you get 2 for 500 ironite ...

HuckFinn150
03-24-2019, 12:01 PM
I'll pass on this event. I don't even know what to to run then on, and don't really want to change up my setups.

Muzzleloader
03-24-2019, 03:39 PM
If you want the new set of talisman it will cost you 600 ironite if you either win all 375 battles or win 225 and purchase the remaining 2 talisman. That excludes any SoW you have from the dungeon event.

You earn 175 free Sow during the week, so you would need to buy 5 Sow refills to have 225 battles. This excludes any gauntlet battles you may want to play. Second you would need 20 refills to win all 375 battles.

This would be a much better event if it became a 2 week event so you could play both arena and gauntlet without spending too much ironite and at a reasonable rate of play. Winning 55 arena battles a day can be quite a strain on your time.

MuzakMaker
03-24-2019, 03:44 PM
for everyone who wants to put in a lone eddie defense. please put a defense with 4 random guys at L100 instead without talismans. this way the attacker will get more gold and ironite drops

Is there a way I can tell that they don't have talismans? The nice thing about the lone eddie defense is I know for sure I can beat them. A team with 4 L100s could easily become a loss for me since I haven't been able to pull anything to keep me competitive in the current meta.

HuckFinn150
03-24-2019, 03:49 PM
I'm dropping mine too a lone Eddie. Mostly because I'm tired of arguing with the system constantly changing my teams to a lone Eddie....

Alvorada
03-24-2019, 04:43 PM
My thoughts:
The new system for rewards is pretty good. I said a long time ago that a few extra rewards between the big milestones would be good for motivation. With e.g. 195 victories you were in a really bad position.
Fragments as rewards that can be used for different items is also a good idea because every player can choose rewards according to his own needs.

BUT!
375 is really a rude move. The jump from 200 victories to almost double is not justified. You could argue that the new set is powerful - and should be more difficult to get since it's a set of 5. I'm going a bit along with that. Therefore, I would have considered 250 wins to be appropriate.

But with 375 wins, the absolute majority of players are excluded. Estimated at 95%. Do you just want to have players with no life, no family and no job? Is that really the target group? Looks like it, which is just sad.
Unfortunately the Arena stats are still bugged, so you can't see how many wins you had last week. It's been that way for ages! So I can't say exactly what I had last week. But it was definitely not 375 - it was more like 250-275 and I finished in 5th place. This wouldn't even be enough for 4 talismans this week, which shows how out of place the 375 are.

same here.

URock
03-24-2019, 06:51 PM
I did only a few arena fights to buy some cosmic fragments to get...my 3rd white T1 Cosmic Talisman...yeeees...awesome...I'm feeling so big now!

Esquatcho
03-25-2019, 02:16 AM

Ah, good point!

Also, while Im not going for the talismans, Im quite enjoying the additional IC in the arena! Just about to hit 50 and quite excited for the drop to come!

Esquatcho
03-25-2019, 02:20 AM
Is there a way I can tell that they don't have talismans? The nice thing about the lone eddie defense is I know for sure I can beat them. A team with 4 L100s could easily become a loss for me since I haven't been able to pull anything to keep me competitive in the current meta.

Should be fine as long as you pick lower level L100 chars, like golden sons/souless demons/bomber boys etc. Up above 1500 they rarely are seen in the arena, so its a good bet they'll be without talismans....

satani
03-25-2019, 06:18 AM

just attack either teams, where i can guarantee an easy win (like weak defenses with a 3* eddie only) or pick easy lv100 enemies. (golden sons, bomber boys, some valkyres).
I'd say, just avoid any of the following in no particular order:
any of the new gods of powerslave (horus, osiris, ....)
any shinobi (blue is the easiest to beat, but her shock may cause some damage)
any derby demon or banshee
any alchemists
any other night city character (blue hellraiser, prime killer and similar)

If you avoid any of these, you'll find the easy teams.

Heavy1974
03-25-2019, 06:49 AM
pass this one

Blade
03-25-2019, 08:51 AM
I did only a few arena fights to buy some cosmic fragments to get...my 3rd white T1 Cosmic Talisman...yeeees...awesome...I'm feeling so big now!

Yeah, welcome to three white T1 club! It's great, isn't it? Woohoo... /irony

aidinia
03-25-2019, 09:23 AM
just attack either teams, where i can guarantee an easy win (like weak defenses with a 3* eddie only) or pick easy lv100 enemies. (golden sons, bomber boys, some valkyres).
I'd say, just avoid any of the following in no particular order:
any of the new gods of powerslave (horus, osiris, ....)
any shinobi (blue is the easiest to beat, but her shock may cause some damage)
any derby demon or banshee
any alchemists
any other night city character (blue hellraiser, prime killer and similar)

If you avoid any of these, you'll find the easy teams.

If I avoid any of these, I don't get any team to play -_-

I get that you guys don't like the event and won't do it, but you could still change your defence, I've been finding 1 in 10 of teams had no talisman or no characters.

I usually like the events for the challenge and not the rewards, more like for having something specific to achieve, I think something like "Lose 100 arena battles" would had been different, and in my case challenging (because I only have the characters that I use, I sacrifice everything else :P )

Esquatcho
03-25-2019, 09:49 AM

I get that you guys don't like the event and won't do it, but you could still change your defence, I've been finding 1 in 10 of teams had no talisman or no characters.

I usually like the events for the challenge and not the rewards, more like for having something specific to achieve, I think something like "Lose 100 arena battles" would had been different, and in my case challenging (because I only have the characters that I use, I sacrifice everything else :P )

What level are you hanging around? Around that 1700 to 2100 range there are quite a few. Especially if you include retributions you can get a decent proportion of matches 'easy'. Id be thinking around 60-70%?

satani
03-25-2019, 10:05 AM

i'm always playing with easy defense. Even in non-pvp-season-events. I get enough one-hit-kills back to keep myself in duellant 1.
I don't think, i'll go for the talismans. I rather try go get as much cataclyst souls as possible and try my luck.

aidinia
03-25-2019, 10:06 AM
What level are you hanging around? Around that 1700 to 2100 range there are quite a few. Especially if you include retributions you can get a decent proportion of matches 'easy'. Id be thinking around 60-70%?

I've never been in other than 1700 to 2100 :(
I just got, evolve and power up some dices to set a team xD

kgk56
03-25-2019, 11:50 AM
Yeah, welcome to three white T1 club! It's great, isn't it? Woohoo... /irony

Well, You're still not in the 5 T1 Club :)

Tim28213
03-25-2019, 12:16 PM
What is the deal with putting up an easy defense with 4 characters instead of the single Eddie?
I didn't know there was a bonus to the attacker if you have this set up vs a single Eddie? Can anyone explain this?

Liu
03-25-2019, 12:54 PM
What is the deal with putting up an easy defense with 4 characters instead of the single Eddie?
I didn't know there was a bonus to the attacker if you have this set up vs a single Eddie? Can anyone explain this?

Slauki gave a reason in a previous post in this thread. For your convenience:

slauki
03-25-2019, 01:00 PM

the rewards are calculated in relation to the enemies team. check the next time you play against a lone eddie you will get 450ish gold. a full l100 weak defense will give you approx. 1500 gold. and in addition to this, the more enemies the higher the chance of ironite and sot drops as well...

kgk56
03-25-2019, 02:03 PM
the rewards are calculated in relation to the enemies team. check the next time you play against a lone eddie you will get 450ish gold. a full l100 weak defense will give you approx. 1500 gold. and in addition to this, the more enemies the higher the chance of ironite and sot drops as well...

True that

I liked the Coalgiver with the 3 L100 Dices :)

4V1ct0ry
03-25-2019, 04:12 PM
I also put a weak team up now instead just a single 3* Ed.
Never realised the difference in awards.

I still don't get why there are players below the top 300 that use a strong defence. It's not that the change of ending up higher in ranking is there.... just saying, I'll pass Banchees and Ferryman's because it just takes way to long... so if more players skip them there are less defence battles to take.
So in the end weaker defence can even bring you further up in ranking I think.

Mizrael
03-25-2019, 09:10 PM
Let’s not forget, that aiming for the 375 victories in order to get the 5 set puts you on hold with progressing in getting new cosmic talismans or getting lucky and pull the right catalyst out of a pool of like 10 different ones to maybe, possibly, hopefully evolve them further than 2* one day (or better said in a few years)...

I have made the mistake and bought 5 soul shard fragments and a catalyst soul before realizing how much would the Alchemy set cost, so that puts me to around 475 victories to get...easy-peasy!!!

not a bad ide overall! but the prices are again so ridiculously high that the rewards are out of reach for even the most HC players, not mentioning casuals or new players...

Well...but you can always get yourself one for 20$....(see the elephant in the room?)

Symbiote
03-25-2019, 09:57 PM
Ok.., i have to say.., i still hate arena events..,
The pricetags aren't any better.., and we need to much grinding.., which is in Arena boring af..,

But the new way of getting rewards is a nice thing.., i like it to get every 10 fights a little bonus.., and every 25th win and so on...

Would be cool, if we could see the defense team in the attack list.., or an autofarm mode for Arena. xxxD
Since some of us can just play Arena on Auto it could help this useless and boring grinding. :D

MuzakMaker
03-26-2019, 02:11 AM
Thanks for all of the input on teams to avoid. I was already avoiding those set-ups but I was hoping that maybe I missed a way to see talismans on the defense.

That being said I also updated my defense to be one of my dup 5* eddies that I was saving for the next sacrifice event with 2 Sac hearts and a gold idol all leveled up to 100.

Natasmai
03-26-2019, 12:03 PM
if you are willing to spend the 500 ironite, it "only" takes about 210-225 (i forget exactly) wins for a set of talisman. Not that I want to spend 500 ironite on that, but i want to spend 500 ironite way more than i want to gouge my eyes out playing any more Arena....

Muzzleloader
03-26-2019, 12:28 PM
Natasmai, you are going to spend 500 ironite if you buy the reanaing 2 talisman or if you play arena. The extra 150 wins may cost you 450 ironite for refills if you win all the battles, a little less if you clear your battle lists. You wont earn the ironite if you buy the talisman, but most players winning all 375 battle probably dont need the ironite for relics.

Blade
03-26-2019, 01:17 PM
The cosmic materials are also interesting! Hard decision for most players. When will these Talis show up in Gauntlet or somewhere else? So is it an all-or-nothing decision? Getting a full Tali set PLUS some cosmic materials is near impossible - for normal beings! The top is going completely crazy!! #1 already has >10k points, #2 close to 9k, #3 has 6.5k .... this is insane! How much time do they have?? I can't believe it!

Olevipoeg
03-26-2019, 01:55 PM
I must admit, I really really hate this event. But last time I ignored Arena event, it had tower talismans for prize. And now I have some regrets about ignoring it.

Blade
03-26-2019, 02:03 PM
I must admit, I really really hate this event. But last time I ignored Arena event, it had tower talismans for prize. And now I have some regrets about ignoring it.

No, they came from a fragment event. The one with the Magus Convict! I did not trade the frags for the towers and I don't really regret it. They are just ultra annoying on defense, but I'd prefer things that help me in the offense. But that's just my opinion :)
Also, St Patrick did not give me any of these annoyers.

Natasmai
03-26-2019, 02:11 PM
Natasmai, you are going to spend 500 ironite if you buy the reanaing 2 talisman or if you play arena. The extra 150 wins may cost you 450 ironite for refills if you win all the battles, a little less if you clear your battle lists. You wont earn the ironite if you buy the talisman, but most players winning all 375 battle probably dont need the ironite for relics.

Absolutely true, but it comes down to spending ironite to play more miserable Arena bullshit, or just buy the talisman and end it.....Its an easy decision for me.

The cosmic materials are also interesting! Hard decision for most players. When will these Talis show up in Gauntlet or somewhere else? So is it an all-or-nothing decision? Getting a full Tali set PLUS some cosmic materials is near impossible - for normal beings! The top is going completely crazy!! #1 already has >10k points, #2 close to 9k, #3 has 6.5k .... this is insane! How much time do they have?? I can't believe it!

I have no Cosmics worth evolving, but i'm sure the day i finally get a good cosmic, I am going to regret not chasing these evolution materials harder :-/ oh well.

I hate Arena period, this event sucks from the perspective that we have to play arena at all..... However, the design and concept of this event I think is a HUGE win, and I say well done to the devs for this one. The scaling rewards that let you decide how far you want to go is fantastic and the amount of rewards is pretty good. The only bad parts of the event is of course tying it to arena, and the costs of the talismans and other purchases.

Blade
03-26-2019, 02:22 PM
It is not only about evo material, also cosmic frags are availabke for our next T1 white ;)

From the opening post:
Talisman Soul Fragments x25 (50 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 20 per event)

400 per Talisman Soul = 16 times the 25 frags, at 50 Gnotchi frags each = 16*50 = 800 for one new tali

HeadOnFire
03-26-2019, 04:38 PM
the higher the rate of putting in new stuff the less i grind for it. why spending time/Money today when tomorrows update makes it useless?...

This, exactly. The devs are systematically destroying their own game. LotB's lifespan will basically be determined by how long it takes the fanbase to notice the trend

Ip4
03-26-2019, 07:17 PM
is this worst talisman ever?
https://i.ibb.co/tmWyHpJ/93-C427-CD-CE44-4-C79-AC3-A-77-F961-DB1-BE5.png

scott-5496
03-26-2019, 07:37 PM
If you stick it on a character with high special base stat (do they just work from base stats?) or one with high special talisman it might be a monster in terms of generating fury - maybe not the best but I do think each of these will have a place where they are useful. I am sure there are a few characters that scle of special too that it might work on?

I think anything other than white would be good fo rme - I did get a purple one I think but nothing great but it does serve a purpose.

4V1ct0ry
03-26-2019, 08:31 PM
Joy... just took a look at the where to find evolution runes for cosmic talismand and it mentions "monthly evolution events".... now that's something I'm not looking forward to

Symbiote
03-26-2019, 10:44 PM

Maybe this "Game" is their whole live? :D And it fits to NFs crazy imagination of making goals for Events..,

This, exactly. The devs are systematically destroying their own game. LotB's lifespan will basically be determined by how long it takes the fanbase to notice the trend

I wouldn't say the devs at all, the guys ABOVE the devs are destroying..,

And do you know why? Because they don't do this whole thing with love.., it's all about overpriced digital bullshit and money!!

You see, that the artists do it with love.., all what you see and all the Characters, and Artworks and Environments are looking awesome..,
And i could imagine that the devs maybe are just forced to do it as fast as possible instead of clean updates and bugfixes..,

It's very sad.., but this are reasons why i won't never ever support games like this.., real money for digital bullshit.., nope!
And yes, i know that every company needs money to go on with things but i believe there better ways than something like this. ;)
It's for a reason my only smartphone game. xD
But don't get me wrong, i still like this game, but the love i had when i started early 2017 for it is gone..

There are a lot other indie game developer or open source software developer out there i spent/donate money for.., because they give us something solid, communicate with their "customers" and do it with LOVE.
And for the Software.., i am willing to donate money to companies who gave me and MANY other people out there, FREE software to make Art or whatever.

Happy "Customers" and fair prices will bring more money in my honest opinion.., but yeah..,

If this game shuts down.., everyone who wasted their money will maybe be very upset. ^^'

But these kind of games are just an easy psychological game.., and sad but true.., it works very well..,

Amarthir
03-27-2019, 01:15 AM
Just got a hold of the Alchemy talismans... Yep they're basically The Alchemist's basic turned into a talisman set. They're basically better angel talismans so say goodbye to ever having debuffs.

Stormseye
03-27-2019, 02:00 AM
Just got a hold of the Alchemy talismans... Yep they're basically The Alchemist's basic turned into a talisman set. They're basically better angel talismans so say goodbye to ever having debuffs.

Yup. Now add Greed talismans to your KP and you are ready to destroy!

Esquatcho
03-27-2019, 11:56 AM
is this worst talisman ever?
https://i.ibb.co/tmWyHpJ/93-C427-CD-CE44-4-C79-AC3-A-77-F961-DB1-BE5.png

Yeah IP, I got a white T2 that looks very similar to that. Im going to put it on my gunner dog (cosmic+2greens+random 3 set reds). multiple turns + all the extra special should help get off furies like mad. Golden pharaoh dog might like it too, a set of purples + 2x mystical greens + cosmic and you have a fair bit of extra attack compared to normal + the additional fury.

gogosox40
03-27-2019, 02:06 PM

So do you think it is worth it grinding for them or spending the fragments on the other things?
I'm not even in the top 500 in the arena so that's something to think about too

Amarthir
03-27-2019, 02:17 PM
So do you think it is worth it grinding for them or spending the fragments on the other things?
I'm not even in the top 500 in the arena so that's something to think about too

I think they are, you could definitely make some pretty nasty combo's with them. It's just a matter of who you should try them on.

Ip4
03-27-2019, 02:29 PM
use Ancient Mariner against this new talisman...i skip alchemy talisman and preparing for upcoming from gauntlet rewards...devs really forcing 5 set talismans because cosmic talisman...lol

slauki
03-27-2019, 03:39 PM

does anyone know if they are also cleansing silver debuffs? if not they are not comparable with the alchemist at all...

Amarthir
03-27-2019, 05:06 PM
does anyone know if they are also cleansing silver debuffs? if not they are not comparable with the alchemist at all...

I've seen them cleanse a few silver debuffs, but I've also seen it NOT cleanse things like exhaust or perfect sleep. I'll have to do more testing to be sure.

Unless one of the very kind developers could answer our question??

Stormseye
03-27-2019, 05:39 PM
Same as Amarthir, today I saw them cleanse Doom and Perfect Corruption but not Seal or Exhaust. Every red negative effect is cleansed though.

rags-6094
03-27-2019, 05:42 PM
I couldn't be bothered with the time and wasted IC for this event so I bought a set of Alchemy instead, I have placed them on my Madam in Arena defence, go and try them out for yourselves if you can find me... I'll give them a try too I'm sitting around the 90's to 100's...
Cheers

edsel
03-27-2019, 07:50 PM
Running a set on Madam as well, her passive is acting like a set of Radiants blocking offensive buffs that are popping up everywhere because of Warlords. Very effective thus far.

Amarthir
03-27-2019, 11:12 PM
Running a set on Madam as well, her passive is acting like a set of Radiants blocking offensive buffs that are popping up everywhere because of Warlords. Very effective thus far.

Not a bad idea. I did a couple test runs and they work pretty well on her. Not sure if this will be my new team but we'll see.

HuckFinn150
03-28-2019, 02:11 AM
I pulled an Owl Cultust and am leveling him up now. He is currently at 5* and level 52. He is running my only set on NotB and surprisingly he's not been killed yet. I'm running him with Benji and Ferryman. I'm out of sand of war now, but at least I am at a good stopping point in Gauntlet. These events are doing nothing but draining my resources. I don't think I will be able to participate in the next event. A funny thing happened when I opened the game tonight. It at its usual buggyness. I got a screeen showing 7 Deadly Gifts and a chance to get Pharaoh Eddie. It wouldn't let me claim the first gift and disapeared after I tried reloading the game. Did anyone else get this?

Bakura
03-28-2019, 03:55 AM

I like what you said, so I went looking for other possibilities. MARINER blocks invincibility which the Alchemy talis grant, and he reduces benefits by 1 turn, so most of the critical strike effects are only 1 turn, so he should void it out similar to Radiants, plus you can equip the Frontiers on him.
I found the toons with the Alchemy set (unless they have a high HP cosmic talis) are easy to terminate due to low HP.
Speaking of Warlords.... you should know.
I tried every way to Sunday and could not beat your team.... used Radiants too. I think you have NOTB Eddie, he'd disable passive too. I tried 4 or 5 times..... congrats.... besides Gremlin, I never had my ass handed to me as much. LOL..... I actually have a list to remind me who I need to use the Radiants with my assassin Banshee against. Your names on there..... but I just wrote "move on".
Good job man!

Highace
03-28-2019, 06:05 AM
A funny thing happened when I opened the game tonight. It at its usual buggyness. I got a screeen showing 7 Deadly Gifts and a chance to get Pharaoh Eddie. It wouldn't let me claim the first gift and disapeared after I tried reloading the game. Did anyone else get this?
This has happened to me about twice. I couldn't claim anything and once I restarted, it was gone. This game sure can surprise infinitely with it's bugs.

Blade
03-28-2019, 10:55 AM
But you guys remember that there was this 7 deadly gifts "event", don't you?

Back to topic:
A lot of buyers out here, very sad to see how quickly people forget how badly they were treated.

The talisman set is ok, but no real game breaker as far as I see it by now. Had an annoying fight when the new set on madam always converted debuffs into endure every round, but so far I did not lose one single match because of them. I still wonder if it's worth to try to get enough fights for one set.
In general I noticed another slight AI defense boost, as M Lilith gets way more extra turns (without acc up) compared to the last weeks, enemy Alchemist turns golden buffs into debuffs almost every time as well as FFE with his fury. Not so cool taking into account the many other overpowered teams and talisman combinations out there.

scott-5496
03-28-2019, 11:29 AM
I have noticed my magus Lilith seems to be getting more extra trusn at the moment - maybe just RNG of course but I was sure I was getting more in the arena than I did last week.

R1ck
03-28-2019, 12:18 PM
Also noticed that, magus Lilith is taking up to 6 turns

Blade
03-28-2019, 12:55 PM
I have noticed my magus Lilith seems to be getting more extra trusn at the moment - maybe just RNG of course but I was sure I was getting more in the arena than I did last week.

Not your Lilith of course, only the AI defense :)
Same as Primordials know where to put the PI on the own team and the perfect corruption on the enemy team...very RNG ;)

Natasmai
03-28-2019, 01:21 PM
Not your Lilith of course, only the AI defense :)
Same as Primordials know where to put the PI on the own team and the perfect corruption on the enemy team...very RNG ;)

the number of times i have had my own primordials put PI on my Iron Maiden Eddie, preventing him from using half of his own abilities..... SO frustrating

Liebhild
03-28-2019, 01:51 PM
In general I noticed another slight AI defense boost, as M Lilith gets way more extra turns (without acc up) compared to the last weeks, enemy Alchemist turns golden buffs into debuffs almost every time as well as FFE with his fury. Not so cool taking into account the many other overpowered teams and talisman combinations out there.

That boost was introduced with the last update. Since that update my alchemist max. deletes 1 yellow buff (offense alchemist of cause almost all).

Since the latest update the "antirelicsboost" was also increased, battle a team, buy some relics, and try to battle the same team again and you will see the difference.

HuckFinn150
03-28-2019, 03:19 PM
I've noticed that here in this event the alchemist is able to remove doom and cleanse the whole team with his basic move. I didn't think anything would remove doom. I guess I was wrong...

Stormseye
03-28-2019, 03:59 PM
I've noticed that here in this event the alchemist is able to remove doom and cleanse the whole team with his basic move. I didn't think anything would remove doom. I guess I was wrong...

Alchemist has always been able to transform Doom and every other negative effect. I will echo what others have seen though. Magus Lillith’s are swinging on average 4 times, AI FFE fury is transforming at 95% against offensive teams while atacking teams are only transforming 60%. The same holds true for AI controlled Alchemists. They will transform offensive Golden Effects with 90% success while attacking players are only achieving 40% success rates for transforming enemy Golden Effects.

rags-6094
03-28-2019, 04:54 PM
The Alchemy Talisman seem to be randomly cleansing silver buffs but always clear red buffs, even the invincibility buff is not guaranteed against the foes we face in arena...

druid138
03-29-2019, 01:06 AM
Keep an eye on your event rewards . . . After an hour of the game not loading, I was able to get in a few minutes ago. I hit an arena win milestone and received no event rewards for it.

Update: I just checked the achievement tab and it shows one less win than it should, so maybe the rewards will come with my next win. The win #s had been in synch at reset, so one of my recent wins must not have counted toward the achievement.

Update: Yep, rewards came with the next win. So just a small glitch of a single win not counting toward the achievement.

edsel
03-29-2019, 12:53 PM
The new talismans on Madam have improved my defence rate up to 55%. They are making a great impact and are worth getting.5384

Liu
03-29-2019, 01:18 PM
I'd say the troublemaker in your def is NotB ed though. I read your post and just wanted to test your def for the heck of it. My offense was able to penetrate most defs without much trouble; your ed one shot them ... grats, not gonna touch you again xD

Stormseye
03-29-2019, 02:21 PM
Madam is so far the best candidate for Alchemy set though I have been looking at other interesting allies like Aset, Speed of Light Eddie, Assassin Corrupt Rescuer, Musashi, Magus Golden Son to put on my second set and see how they work.

kgk56
03-29-2019, 02:29 PM
The new talismans on Madam have improved my defence rate up to 55%. They are making a great impact and are worth getting.5384

I have the alchemy set on Madam too : they are quite impressive on most formations (sadly she have a low HP & I don't have the HP+15 cosmic one)

SinGularity-8786
03-29-2019, 02:38 PM
you are not. just visual

Stormseye
03-29-2019, 02:45 PM
Yes I am pretty sure it is visual as I fought your full defense this morning too Kgk56.

kgk56
03-29-2019, 02:51 PM
OK thanks guys ... but just wonder ... since the beginning of the week I had an not so bad rate and more wins than loss ... how comes that since this morning I lose all the matches ?

Stormseye
03-29-2019, 03:37 PM
"Blocker" teams and anyone not running KP/Prisoner teams, I have a pretty good chance to beat. The AI, of course, always determines who will win when you start the match anyway. Beginning of the week you are also facing off against 1500-1900 teams which usually do not have the relics, talismans or newest characters to build their attack teams so your team's defense will hold. As the week progresses your defense will be facing teams that are more on par with your ranking and if you are above 2100 then you will be facing the harder teams. This week is exceptionally tough just to stay in the top 50. I am around 5k and near the bottom of the top 50. Just over 400 battles which under normal circumstances would put me near the top 10-25 but the event causes more people to push more battles to gain the new talisman sets. Rank 10 is currently at 7614. When I won Eternal I was 8365 with 690/749 wins. Those numbers just don't shine like they used to and characters are much more powerful than they were back in November. my hold rate has never been great. Think my best may be around 40%.

kgk56
03-29-2019, 03:50 PM
"Blocker" teams and anyone not running KP/Prisoner teams, I have a pretty good chance to beat. The AI, of course, always determines who will win when you start the match anyway. Beginning of the week you are also facing off against 1500-1900 teams which usually do not have the relics, talismans or newest characters to build their attack teams so your team's defense will hold. As the week progresses your defense will be facing teams that more on par with your ranking and if you are above 2100 then you will be facing the harder teams. This week is exceptionally tough just to stay in the top 50. I am around 5k and near the bottom of the top 50. Just over 400 battles which under normal circumstances would put me near the top 10-25 but the event causes more people to push more battles to gain the new talisman sets. Rank 10 is currently at 7614. When I won Eternal I was 8365 with 690/749 wins. Those numbers just don't shine like that used to and characters are much more powerful than they were back in November. my hold rate has never been great. Think my best may be around 40%.

Strange ... because when I take back revenge, I won 9/10 matchs.
And yes, this week is tough ... I must not be far from your rank (whitch is my worst since months)

Muzzleloader
03-30-2019, 08:11 PM
You only earn 500 gnosis frags at the 100 win marks, you earn 600 IC at the 100 win mark.

Fister
03-30-2019, 08:28 PM
Crap! Before I saw that we could buy new talismans with the gnosis soul fragments I bought 2 sets of talisman souls fragments. Now I lack exactly those 100 fragments to get 4 Alchemy Talismans. I should have read about the event before spending any GSF I Guess.
Well, I guess I might as well spend the rest on TSF as the chance of me getting another 20 wins to get the remaining 100 GSF's is less likely than a snowflake in hell.
Or maybe I should take the 4 I can get with GSF's and Ironite and hope the last one can soon be obtained from gauntlet.

Fister
03-30-2019, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I noticed and deleted the post. Thx anyway.

SinGularity-8786
03-30-2019, 08:43 PM
you get 2 with ironite

Zerynx
03-30-2019, 10:06 PM
Crap! Before I saw that we could buy new talismans with the gnosis soul fragments I bought 2 sets of talisman souls fragments. Now I lack exactly those 100 fragments to get 4 Alchemy Talismans. I should have read about the event before spending any GSF I Guess.
Well, I guess I might as well spend the rest on TSF as the chance of me getting another 20 wins to get the remaining 100 GSF's is less likely than a snowflake in hell.
Or maybe I should take the 4 I can get with GSF's and Ironite and hope the last one can soon be obtained from gauntlet.

I cashed in a soul thinking I'd get a talisman!! I won 200 battles and still didn't have enough for 3 Talismans in the store. Had 2800 WTF ever souls. Then I'd have to pay for the remaining 2?

Should have read this thread before even wasting my time on this dumb event.

Symbiote
03-30-2019, 11:24 PM
I cashed in a soul thinking I'd get a talisman!! I won 200 battles and still didn't have enough for 3 Talismans in the store. Had 2800 WTF ever souls. Then I'd have to pay for the remaining 2?

Should have read this thread before even wasting my time on this dumb event.

Same here.., i did the 200 wins some minutes ago.., but i would need 25 wins to get >3000 Gnosis frags.., my plan was to buy the last two talis for 500 ironite.., soo.., again i wasted my fucking time for this fucking arena bullshit.., to get NOTHING..,
Ok Iron Coins and so are good.., but i don't have the time and motivation for this.., why these fucking shit have to be THIS expensive..,

Meanwhile at the Weekend another Game i have got a DLC.., you guess what? It was completely FREE..,
As a thank you to all their Players.

Yeah.., so this i give up.., 25 wins in 40 minuts aren't doable..,

mikus666
03-31-2019, 01:23 AM
Ended up at 365 in the event tab, so short of the 5000 required to buy all 5 talisman outright. My arena atk and def stats added up to 380 so may have suffered a glith somewhere. So I bought 3 and used 500 ironite for the last two.
Bugger!!

Fister
03-31-2019, 02:02 AM
you get 2 with ironite

Oh man!! I really need to learn to read it all. I purchased the 3 Talismans with the GSF's, but did not purchase what I believed to be one talisman with ironite as I thought can I get one from the gauntlet I surely can get two also. :\

Fister
03-31-2019, 02:08 AM
So I went to the store and to my surprise I could still get the remaining 2 with ironite, yeah!