PDA

View Full Version : Gunner Child Of The Damned

ShaymLey
09-01-2016, 11:00 AM
What do you think about this one?
Heal shield seems really powerful for me and it lasts 3 rounds.
I also like his basic ability, it's effect triggers pretty nicely.
I even consider to max his skills with skill shards, that would increase the basic ability's effect chance from 20% to 50%.
Is he worth spending resources on, or should I focus on other allies?

BillLion
11-05-2016, 12:08 PM
A shame this thread never got any traction -this is me reviving it.

I just got this character a week ago -I've wanted him for awhile. A heavy hitting AOE gunner with strong healing and other boosts -there's a lot to love. I brought him to 5*s fast and have been dumping skill shards into him (and plan to max him out). He pairs insanely well with my alliance general that gives him crit hits. I like him much better than my warrior COTD that came at native 5*s.

I put him as my lead instead of Pharaoh Eddie just for a while so my troopers who don't have him can test him out.

Reeb99
11-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Seems like a decent hitting AoE gunner. I used to have one on my trooper list, but it only had 2/6 talisman slots filled. I didn't really get a good look at it's full potential.

EddieV8-2238
11-05-2016, 10:10 PM
It's good character I use resistance(shield) and invisibility(will) tailsMan on her seems to hit hard with golden stare and heal sheld is good, a moment swapping invisibility talisman with thief

aur0ra85
11-06-2016, 02:25 AM
I fe l the yellow child is probably one of the best characters in the game, almost broken good. Wish I had one.

BillLion
11-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Seems like a decent hitting AoE gunner. I used to have one on my trooper list, but it only had 2/6 talisman slots filled. I didn't really get a good look at it's full potential.

Yeah, that doesn't give you a good picture. He's even more of a beast when pumped with skill shards. It takes a lot for me to put skill shards in non-Eddie characters, but he's worth it.

I fe l the yellow child is probably one of the best characters in the game, almost broken good. Wish I had one.

Hope you get one soon, and in the meantime mine continues to be at your service!

aur0ra85
11-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Yeah, that doesn't give you a good picture. He's even more of a beast when pumped with skill shards. It takes a lot for me to put skill shards in non-Eddie characters, but he's worth it.

Hope you get one soon, and in the meantime mine continues to be at your service!

Thank you sir!

Piece of Mind
11-23-2016, 07:43 AM
So everyone seems to agree this is the best Gunner, so what are some good talisman setups for him? All gold talismans balancing out Atk and Mag?

Schadenfreud-0217
11-30-2016, 02:22 PM
One of the first characters I maxed, been my Leader since... forever. After the last patch I finally got 3 Thief talismans to put on her/him/it.

I'd recommend 3xThief Talisman, 2xBurning Talisman and either 1 Green or another Red. Focus on Physical damage because of your basic attack (the ability is true dmg so it scales with both ATK and MAG).
The AoE basic attack /w Thief proc gives you max fury instantly. I've recently maxed an Angel of Fear (Warrior) and basically they're the fastest clearing crew for auto-play ever (with Soldier Eddie).

Piece of Mind
12-01-2016, 08:34 AM
One of the first characters I maxed, been my Leader since... forever. After the last patch I finally got 3 Thief talismans to put on her/him/it.

I'd recommend 3xThief Talisman, 2xBurning Talisman and either 1 Green or another Red. Focus on Physical damage because of your basic attack (the ability is true dmg so it scales with both ATK and MAG).
The AoE basic attack /w Thief proc gives you max fury instantly. I've recently maxed an Angel of Fear (Warrior) and basically they're the fastest clearing crew for auto-play ever (with Soldier Eddie).

Interesting choice! I've got mine as my champion and I've been trying to max out a set of Invisibility Will and Assassin talismans. The reasoning is to maximize offensive stats while giving a chance to dodge attacks by going invisible (for all his/her shields, the CotD still has defenses made of wet cardboard). Am I losing out by forgoing burn for higher offensive stats, and fury maxing for more survivability?

Schadenfreud-0217
12-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Interesting choice! I've got mine as my champion and I've been trying to max out a set of Invisibility Will and Assassin talismans. The reasoning is to maximize offensive stats while giving a chance to dodge attacks by going invisible (for all his/her shields, the CotD still has defenses made of wet cardboard). Am I losing out by forgoing burn for higher offensive stats, and fury maxing for more survivability?

Well, you can read my thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1739-Guide-How-to-choose-your-character-s-talismans) on choosing talismans for your character, the example is exactly with CotD(Gunner).
Your build would be a glass canon, focusing mainly on surviving long enough to cast your ability for very high AoE true damage. Not sure how it will fare for auto-farming, to me it seems that the build you've chosen would need you to be in control of the character for it to work out well. As you said CotD's defenses are kinda made of wet cardboard and the Assassin talismans won't help very much with that.

I've actually forgone some damage in favor of survivability - got 2 red, 3 yellow and 1 green talisman on my CotD. I've a trooper that recently also got a CotD (Gunner) and I think in the beginning he went with 3 red and 3 yellow talismans but now I see he also switched one to green. All in all I think that CotD is a bit too squishy for you not to use a green talisman in one of the prismatic slots.

Piece of Mind
12-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Well, you can read my thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1739-Guide-How-to-choose-your-character-s-talismans) on choosing talismans for your character, the example is exactly with CotD(Gunner).
Your build would be a glass canon, focusing mainly on surviving long enough to cast your ability for very high AoE true damage. Not sure how it will fare for auto-farming, to me it seems that the build you've chosen would need you to be in control of the character for it to work out well. As you said CotD's defenses are kinda made of wet cardboard and the Assassin talismans won't help very much with that.

I've actually forgone some damage in favor of survivability - got 2 red, 3 yellow and 1 green talisman on my CotD. I've a trooper that recently also got a CotD (Gunner) and I think in the beginning he went with 3 red and 3 yellow talismans but now I see he also switched one to green. All in all I think that CotD is a bit too squishy for you not to use a green talisman in one of the prismatic slots.

Your guide is awesome, by the way. Decided to do some testing with my CotD and stole two Burning and a Health talisman from my Troll. I haven't played much with the new loadout but so far it does seem to have more survivability, and the burn chance helps mitigate the damage lost without the Assassin talismans.

Now I'm wondering what it would be like with three Health talismans...

Nicko
12-03-2016, 04:56 AM
His heal shield is great, but I'm finding his hitting somewhat soft compared to other AoE characters. Guess should expect that with his ATK stat

I have a Thief set, Burning set, and a Guardian on my Lvl 100 CotD - all level 50 - and even with a skill shard Crucify is doing 2600-3200 damage per character. Certainly not awful, but pales compared to a Golden Son, Warrior Troll , etc.

Still - that Heal Shield is great because it not only is an effective defensive shield, it also does nice damage, so will likely keep pumping some shards into him. Seems like the type character who will prove valuable in pvp

Schadenfreud-0217
12-05-2016, 04:15 PM
His heal shield is great, but I'm finding his hitting somewhat soft compared to other AoE characters. Guess should expect that with his ATK stat

I have a Thief set, Burning set, and a Guardian on my Lvl 100 CotD - all level 50 - and even with a skill shard Crucify is doing 2600-3200 damage per character. Certainly not awful, but pales compared to a Golden Son, Warrior Troll , etc.

Still - that Heal Shield is great because it not only is an effective defensive shield, it also does nice damage, so will likely keep pumping some shards into him. Seems like the type character who will prove valuable in pvp

Yeah the basic attack is not a very heavy hitter, but I think Golden Stare + Energize (passive) makes up for it, mine does about 8-12k true dmg.

Now I'm wondering what it would be like with three Health talismans...

I'd say 3 health would be too much of a damage loss imo, even if they're Overwhelming.

Nicko
12-05-2016, 04:19 PM
2600-3200?! Mine does about 8-12k with 2 burning, 3 thief and 1 green (mystical) with full shards. I'd say 12k true damage AoE is pretty awesome.

I'd say 3 health would be too much of a damage loss imo, even if they're Overwhelming.

8-12k? Per opponent? In Underworld madness using Crucify? Or is this in a different level?

My Talisman setup is about the same as yours. Only difference is I have the Guardian Fierce instead of the Green, and if anything that should increase damage

Edit: You said Basic attack is not a heavy hitter. Missed that! And yes, as I pump skillshards Golden Stare is getting pretty powerful...

Witkacy
12-05-2016, 07:29 PM
8-12k? Per opponent? In Underworld madness using Crucify? Or is this in a different level?

My Talisman setup is about the same as yours. Only difference is I have the Guardian Fierce instead of the Green, and if anything that should increase damage

Edit: You said Basic attack is not a heavy hitter. Missed that! And yes, as I pump skillshards Golden Stare is getting pretty powerful...

Nicko :)

Yep, that's true... Yet damage caused by her power move can be even bigger depending of the class of opponents... Against assassins the hits may even score above 16k ;)

http://vpx.pl/i/2016/12/05/Screenshot_2016-12-05-19-47-33.md.png (http://vpx.pl/image/y9eW)

You have to keep in mind that Smokie just loves using her Golden Stare ability, and she's doing it literally whenever she can... So it would be good to pair her with Alliance General who steals power and fury - in case of asking mine has 6x Energy Talismans on him, so I guess she could be feeded with power pretty quickly... Of course it may happen (especially on autoplay) that the General would steal the needed power to use his Grand Strategy ability - yet either way you loose nothing cause when she will be buffed she will cause serious damage with Crucify as well... And when something may go wrong as she's quite fragile as every child seems to be - you can always use The Grim Reaper to resurrect her (that would be fairly easy as well as she fills the fury meter pretty fast with GS) and you can be pretty sure she could lay her vengeance upon remaining bad guys while having enough power :)

Cheers,

W

Aristo4
12-05-2016, 07:57 PM
These are buffed numbers by the generals passive. Gunner COTD is good but not that good.

Witkacy
12-05-2016, 08:19 PM
These are buffed numbers by the generals passive. Gunner COTD is good but not that good.

Aristo :)

Of course! I forgot about this small detail :o But this not changes the fact that they both seem to like their company - besides... everybody loves General, right?

Cheers,

W

Aristo4
12-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Aristo :)

Of course! I forgot about this small detail :o But this not changes the fact that they both seem to like their company - besides... everybody loves General, right?

Cheers,

W

Not so small detail :p I always look to get a general for this passive, since it makes my cyborg fly :cool:
Anyway wanted to clarify this, in case someone didn't notice a ATK up passive was active to get these specific numbers.