PDA

View Full Version : April 2019, Part 2 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

Kaz_LOTB
04-05-2019, 03:22 PM
This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11662-April-2019-Part-2-Tuning-PRELIMINARY&p=96637#post96637).

Esquatcho
04-05-2019, 03:39 PM
Yay for Bass, witch doctor and nomad improvements.... Dong have virtual, but from ppls experience, probably good he gets a bit of a boost. Not sure about all these new high power talismans coming through though.... Its almost like theyll start being more important than the char!

HuckFinn150
04-05-2019, 03:53 PM
Sad to see Eternity nerfed.

edsel
04-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Any chance we get Labyrinth talismans advertised in March update and we got a taste fighting them in recent event dungeon?5407

Ip4
04-05-2019, 04:03 PM
what is perfect disable in viper talismans?

aidinia
04-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Are you gonna change "Claim" on the Vampire or add this feature?
If you change it, which of the current points will change? So far, it hits, heals and extra heals...

Amarthir
04-05-2019, 05:48 PM
what is perfect disable in viper talismans?

Silver Passive Disable

Stormseye
04-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Perfect Disable is a silver version of Disable Passive (i.e. Cannot be removed by most cleanse effects) Perfect Disable falls into the same category as Perfect Sleep in that only a select few allies/eddies can remove it's effects. Alchemy talismans notwithstanding.

Really like the extra boost to Bass Eddie and Witch Doctor. I am loathe to question the extra effect to Greed since they are already a very powerful set. The change to Eternity Eddie was needed BUT it was not nearly as abused as when it was first discovered. I think the direction for a fix should have been better aimed at Prisoner and his Disable Passive ability. His passive is by far one of the most skewed in the game. It follows no rules and has changed the state of the Arena for many months now.

The new talisman sets seem to be quite impressive. I would like to see more 2 set talismans become available if this trend continues.

rags-6094
04-05-2019, 06:05 PM
Perfect Disable is a silver version of Disable Passive (i.e. Cannot be removed by most cleanse effects) Perfect Disable falls into the same category as Perfect Sleep in that only a select few allies/eddies can remove it's effects. Alchemy talismans notwithstanding.

Really like the extra boost to Bass Eddie and Witch Doctor. I am loathe to question the extra effect to Greed since they are already a very powerful set. The change to Eternity Eddie was needed BUT it was not nearly as abused as when it was first discovered. I think the direction for a fix should have been better aimed at Prisoner and his Disable Passive ability. His passive is by far one of the most skewed in the game. It follows no rules and has changed the state of the Arena for many months now.

The new talisman sets seem to be quite impressive. I would like to see more 2 set talismans become available if this trend continues.

Storms eye I gotta ask you, what exactly for you is the problem with Prisoners passive?

For me it's just one thing, his disable passive usurps every other passive character first round, why has the designer seen fit to make a negative buff higher ranking than a positive buff?

Delegreg
04-06-2019, 09:15 PM
I don't feel Duelist needed a nerf. When you see the combination of toons required, it's not that big of a shortcut. I mean only those lucky enough to get eternity and clansman early on can use this trick effectively without spending frontier coins on sekhmet, and other uses (hallowed, etc) are so weak cumbersome, and don't work on auto I don't see why this was a priority. There are many more items requiring a fix and wasting time on this is something I don't get.

Yup
04-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Viper talismans are overpowered.

xxxphantomfreakxxx
04-07-2019, 12:12 AM
As Dalegreg just said this Eternity Eddie Extra Turn little trick is something that not every play is going to be able to do. to really use if effectively players need Clansman or Samurai Eddie, or Sekhmet if a player can save the Frontier Coins for her.

Every game has it's little trick players can do that's a benefit to them and this was this game's

If is a life saver for those to weak to take on Night City, or the Gold and Soul Vault, or those over the top outrageously to hard Madness Levels in Limited Time Dungeons.

Leave the Duelist for Eternity Eddie alone...I mean come on he is not that great a character to being with, Duelist does the one thing his name implies "eternity"

Not only that this trick can't be used in The Arena, The Gauntlet so why nerf it

Natasmai
04-07-2019, 01:10 AM
I don't think eternity eddie needed fixed really, but it can absolutely be used in gauntlet. I use it often with a collection of other fury characters. I always combine it with wrath and Beast, then add in sekhmet or just choose another character that might have a beneficial effect.

Metallicamilo
04-07-2019, 07:02 AM
A better nerf Stat on eternity might have been to change the extra turn feature to a 65 % and no More. It balances itself by letting the player take the chance maybe two times before risking it all. Devs might Wanna rethink that. I mean. I see no eternity eddies on meta and he may never be meta. Why to nerf its abilities so much?

Rain88
04-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Eternity Eddie skill needed a change but he also needed a boost to counter it as he is generally mediocre.

What exactly happened to the tomb, labyrinth and banner talisman from last month's tuning notes? Not that I'm complaining, talisman are being added like crazy nowadays (before it used to be 0-1 new talisman every month) and it's impossible to keep up

Shaolin85london
04-07-2019, 02:43 PM
A better nerf Stat on eternity might have been to change the extra turn feature to a 65 % and no More. It balances itself by letting the player take the chance maybe two times before risking it all. Devs might Wanna rethink that. I mean. I see no eternity eddies on meta and he may never be meta. Why to nerf its abilities so much?

U guys never learn, Every time there is a bug from the side of the players, devs will take care of it without too much rethinking. So, in order to avoid this, I speak to the genius who first reported dualist skill in the forum, may better to stfu because u simply prepared eternity Eddie to get the worst handicap ever. As well all the innocent and handeble imperfection that the bitches had reported through the past months. Now crying it's just pointless as they won't change their minds.

Metallicamilo
04-07-2019, 03:52 PM
U guys never learn, Every time there is a bug from the side of the players, devs will take care of it without too much rethinking. So, in order to avoid this, I speak to the genius who first reported dualist skill in the forum, may better to stfu because u simply prepared eternity Eddie to get the worst handicap ever. As well all the innocent and handeble imperfection that the bitches had reported through the past months. Now crying it's just pointless as they won't change their minds.

I know they won't listen. Or will they? They change the % of the labyrinth talisman after feedback. Anyway, it will never be the same.

thealchemist
04-08-2019, 05:10 AM
Yeah I think something along the lines of at least 50% for an extra turn is reasonable but 25%?! Maybe change it to 1 hit of damage instead of 3?
Eternity looks like going back to the bench permanently and only remaining useful for the assassin season of Gauntlet. I haven't even had him all that long either....

I am also growing a bit weary of all the new talismans. They aren't really bringing anything new for the most part, just stacking mutliple effects/skills which makes them more powerful than most others. I might have to add more talisman slots at this rate :/ Character and inventory management needs a serious overhaul asap. New talismans and skill changes could wait a month couldn't it?

trooper206
04-08-2019, 07:30 AM
I really like the changes on the Witch doctor and Bass Eddie. Good thing for the empowering of Virtual Eddie, even though it will take me a year to get him. I am kinda worried for the talisman "typhoon" though. It is obvious that the whole gameplay gets realy complicated with the addition of overpowered talismans. I guess it is another way for the team to look for revenue, which I can understand, but make our gameplay once again boring and difficult.

What is really sad, is that bugs like arena "disco" bug, and the extreme crashing (only after a couple of minutes one logs in and ruins everything) of the app after when some updates are pushed, are not yet addressed or even discussed. Those bugs and the unjust RNG towards the older players is the worst factor for me of not enjoying the game anymore.

scott-5496
04-08-2019, 10:16 AM
I think we all just need to get used to powerful stuff coming out as that is where they can make some money to keep the game alive - not sure how else they do this to be honest unless there are bigger changes like adverts coming. Every update will be the same as this going forward due to this. New Eddies, new characters and new talisman. Going by the last few major updates it is the definite pattern and I can see why. Not sure I like it at all to be honest but it is what it is. I for one am getting no real luck on souls etc as usual so grinding events are my only real way to get anything new in the game - probably the same for many of us.

So more focus on the new and easier to implement stuff and more out with the fix bugs as that takes time and resource to sort. Same with the many complaints I see on here and elsehwere about tickets not being sorted - it's too much for a small team to sort out when the priorioty is game continuity. I cant see this changing until they sort out the gauntlet awards not working, or game events not tracking and the like. If they dont sort these then more folk send tickets as it is frustrating for them and again I see why but they will struggle to sort them all out. Tickets dont get fixed and by the time that they do then another event has passed or another gauntlet session so more tickets submitted.

There must be something very difficult to fix with the awards as they must know that fixing that would solve the majority of tickets - so the lack of chat from the team on these is the big concern as they dont seem to be fixable. Likely these are linked to the pushing out of the game to different servers/teams/companies - probably linked to the third party thing that was mentioned a while back?

I guess it seems to us that they are not listening to us very much at all and that their priorities are different to ours - they have to be as they all want the game to survive (as do we I am sure) but the money has to come in for this to even have a chance of happening hence fix what is easy or indeed what none of us have considered (because they are then doing something positive and not just pushing new talisman and characters) while the stuff we ask for isn't always looked at or discussed because the fix is tougher and takes more time (if indeed it is fixable of course).

Blade
04-08-2019, 12:17 PM
I think we would all prefer it if this game wasn't a freemium game with all the necessary bad tricks that this industry needs or is based on. "Freemium Industry Procedures" we can say. First and foremost, the people being milked are those who tend to be obsessed with addiction, always need the newest stuff directly, and have no moral idea that a competition should require the same conditions. However, this is always legitimised, because there are these offers in the shop - even for the latest joke talismans, lol! Brave New World!

Back to the topic:
The update looks quite ok, buffs for the nomad and the witch doctor are cool. That a tuning for the newest Eddie is necessary shortly after release is a bit strange, but doesn't matter.
At least 2 bugfixes made it into the announcement, yeah!
Why the pay-only greed set gets another buff I can't understand, but no matter.
The debuff for EE was foreseeable, actually amazing that there was no hotfix for it. I tried the trick when the new SQ came out, but wow, that is so annoying and slow... unbelievable. Extremely rarely I was defeated with the typical combination in the arena, so really not relevant.
The new talismans are of course very strong again. I find it very annoying, but see above "Freemium Industry Procedures".

What we are all waiting for, of course, are the improvements in character/talisman management. Apparently it will take some more time until something happens there.

Ip4
04-08-2019, 04:02 PM
devs you destroy game with new 5 set alchemy talisman....you need to make game better not worst...

Zantarath
04-08-2019, 06:38 PM
Viper talismans are overpowered.

truewords
but it's not like it matter at this point
next time we will have ferryman's passive skill on a talisman in a 2 set for good measure

Muzzleloader
04-08-2019, 07:09 PM
Everytime an OP toon or talisman is released it is going to cause the end of the game. Someone will learn how to defeat the new release or just wait awhile and the new better release will overpower it. In the short term the few who earn it or buy it will have an advantage, but it will become commonplace in the near future.if it is too powerful it may even get nerfed. Primordials ruined the game, now many teams dont routinely use them in arena.

edsel
04-08-2019, 07:27 PM
What we are all waiting for, of course, are the improvements in character/talisman management. Apparently it will take some more time until something happens there.

The code exists to display, scroll and select characters in a block, this should be easy to make a 5wide by 5 tall display instead of the giant showcase image of the character. What good comes from spinning the figure around and eating up all that space where a character gallery could be?
Long skinny lineup of 300+ characters trying to assemble teams for gauntlet must end!

Blade
04-09-2019, 09:26 AM
Even with the 5x5 block it would be a lot of scrolling. I'd prefer more/better options to move, sort and show.

Some ideas:
- On the right to the Sacrifice button there would be 5 buttons, only with the class symbol. If you tap there, you jump to the beginning of the respective class. Could have a 6th one for non-level-100-characters.
- between MY TEAM and RELICS botton at the left border there would be again 5 buttons with the class symbols with the headline botton "show only". If you tip there the 5 buttons become available. By default none is selected. You can add all characters of a class by selecting its symbol there. Maybe this could also go together with the 5x5 block idea above. Could have a 6th one for non-level-100-characters aswell.
- sorting also by name should be possible, as it is default for the team selection right before a battle
- maybe a search field with auto suggestion could help
- Talisman tab gets new buttons called "unequip all" and "move". By holding on a tali for 1 second you select it for multiple selection. If you then tap "move", they are unequipped but kept in cache to equip them all to another character with one tap. This would be needed, as otherwise you could only transfer all tallis between characters with the same color slots.

We all know that a new management system is needed, especially as the number of characters is increasing constantly. I also know that this overhaul is complicated and because of that it should be well thought out and hence perfect so that another change is not needed in the near future. My ideas should be seen as an inspiration, the programming implementation could be more difficult than I imagine, but for that you, NF, are the experts :)

Esquatcho
04-09-2019, 11:38 PM
Everytime an OP toon or talisman is released it is going to cause the end of the game. Someone will learn how to defeat the new release or just wait awhile and the new better release will overpower it. In the short term the few who earn it or buy it will have an advantage, but it will become commonplace in the near future.if it is too powerful it may even get nerfed. Primordials ruined the game, now many teams dont routinely use them in arena.

Nicely put. We have to be careful not to approach things from a 'sky is falling' perspective all the time.

If things were so overpowered, we would be seeing much more of a shakeup at the top levels of gauntlet and arena right? But in reality, irrespective of all the releases, those who grind slowly improve and if you grind slightly more (or pay), you get a head of the pack.

And in all of that, those who dont pay still can get quite close to the very top anyway, so as far as Im concerned, that is the main metric of whether the game really is broken.

Esquatcho
04-09-2019, 11:42 PM
Some ideas:

Yeah a typed search field and some method to group talismans for moving in one hit would be perfect!

druid138
04-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Kaz's original post on this said they were targeting late this week for the update. Maybe we'll see it today?

Kaz_LOTB
04-12-2019, 05:34 PM
Kaz's original post on this said they were targeting late this week for the update. Maybe we'll see it today?

It's looking more like early next week atm, so no update today unfortunately.

-Kaz

druid138
04-12-2019, 05:43 PM

-Kaz

Thanks, looking forward to it!

druid138
04-16-2019, 12:17 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem impossible that the Angel of Death fragment event isn't starting today? Maybe the event was somehow dependent on the update that was delayed, so it is being delayed as well?

Azteca
04-16-2019, 12:44 AM
Anyone know where the frag event is?

Amarthir
04-16-2019, 01:15 AM
I'm rather disappointed the event didn't start today. I dunno if it's cuz of the update delay or if they wanna have it this weekend or next week, I just wanna get to the next sac event so I can get rid of all these dupes I don't want.

Kaz_LOTB
04-16-2019, 02:30 AM
The Lord of Light Character Fragment Event is targeted to start at the roll over tomorrow. There will be an all dungeon weekend to account for the one day delay.

-Kaz

druid138
04-16-2019, 02:46 AM
The Lord of Light Character Fragment Event is targeted to start at the roll over tomorrow. There will be an all dungeon weekend to account for the one day delay.

-Kaz

Thanks for the update, Kaz. I'll take that trade (a one-day delay for an all-dungeon weekend) anytime.

Azteca
04-17-2019, 12:01 AM
Still no frag event...

Mescalero
04-23-2019, 05:15 PM

-Kaz

Has this update gone through yet, as VXI is still hitting like a wet noodle...waiting to decide if I spend some SHards on him or not.

HuckFinn150
04-23-2019, 07:38 PM
I shared him finally and he still didn't hit very hard. I've tried different talismams and not really much difference.