PDA

View Full Version : Raven’s Claw Sacrifice Event - Sacrifice for the Raven Witch!

Leviathan
04-18-2019, 12:07 AM
Earn Corvid Souls from Sacrifices!

From now until April 25th at 5 PM PT, the Corvid Soul has become available! The Corvid Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, with an increased chance of summoning the Raven Witch and an exclusive chance of summoning 3 new Wicker Cultists!

BONUS: Each Corvid Soul summoned will grant 10 Raven Witch Soul Fragments. Collecting 750 Fragments guarantees the Raven Witch!

The first way you can get Corvid Souls is from the Sacrifice feature. You can now get Corvid Soul Fragments or Corvid Souls as a bonus from each tier of Sacrifice, in addition to normal sacrifice rewards:

Tier I sacrifices have a bonus of 3 Corvid Soul Fragments
Tier II sacrifices have a bonus of 13 Corvid Soul Fragments
Tier III sacrifices have a bonus of 65 Corvid Soul Fragments
Tier IV sacrifices have a bonus of 180 Corvid Soul Fragments
Tier V sacrifices have a bonus of 2 Corvid Souls
Tier VI sacrifices have a bonus of 4 Corvid Souls
Tier VII sacrifices have a bonus of 6 Corvid Souls
Vortexes have a bonus of 4 Corvid Souls (in addition to normal Vortex rewards and normal sacrifice rewards)

The second way you can earn Corvid Souls is from our Sacrifice themed Event Challenges. Meet the requirements to earn up to 10 Corvid Souls, Necropolis Fragments, and more!

Finally, the store also offers Corvid Souls for Ironite in the usual bundle sizes of 1, 3, or 10.

Corvid Soul Highlights

Increased Chance:

Raven Witch (5* Assassin): This wicked enchantress is an all enemy true damage dealer who steals Immunity and Immortality. She can also revive your entire team at full HP and grants offensive effects to allies.

Exclusive Chance:

Wicker Wolf Cultist (3* Warrior)
Wicker Ox Cultist (3* Sentinel)
Wicker Owl Cultist (3* Magus)

Gain new abilities as you evolve your Wicker Cultists! Each Wicker Cultist has the unique capacity to gain a Passive ability when they reach 5 stars!

All 3 Wicker Cultists are ONLY available in the Corvid Soul, and after this event, they will only be featured occasionally in Heroic Soul Rotations. If you miss your chance to recruit them now, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Did you know you can double or even triple your rewards for a sacrifice? Doing a sacrifice with a higher amount of essence than the minimum required gives you a chance of getting double rewards based on how much you’ve exceeded the essence requirement.

R1ck
04-18-2019, 12:16 AM
Have done 3 petty sacrifices and no fragments rewarded

Amarthir
04-18-2019, 12:16 AM
Looks like Tier 1-3 doesn't give out soul fragments.

bort
04-18-2019, 12:23 AM
So what’s the reasoning for tier VII rewards? For 10k less essence you get 2 extra event souls along with the rewards from a double tier VI, which is already (probably) better than the rewards from a VII.

Muzzleloader
04-18-2019, 01:12 AM
They always require an ultimate sacrifice for the rewards.

Player1293
04-18-2019, 01:21 AM
I've opened 40 corvid souls and im still missing the warrior wicker wolf cultist. Just my luck

kkkreg5
04-18-2019, 01:38 AM
49 earned souls and only 2 featured. No witch and no Ox Cultist. Something smells fishy...

MisterEly
04-18-2019, 01:51 AM
Opened about 40 souls and didn’t get shit... no featured characters or even a 4*. Oh well, I’m mainly looking for skill shards for my SSE so I can shard some of his basic skills.

Iced_Earth
04-18-2019, 01:56 AM
76 souls got me 2x raven witch, 1x mpdk, whole cultists (nice idea with earn passives at lvl 5 btw) and some 4* dupes. Im fine, thanks devs

Amarthir
04-18-2019, 01:58 AM
93 souls acquired from Sacrifice and free souls and did not get the Raven Witch. I did get a bunch of the new cultists so... I guess we'll see how they pan out.

Props for making Raven Witch a book of souls character and not sticking her in the heroic or exclusive pool.

Gotta say damn, Raven Witch's fury hits the Lord of Light for a flat 50k and she doesn't have any damage boosters.

Player1293
04-18-2019, 02:40 AM
I know its early but does anybody know what their 5 star passives are?

Amarthir
04-18-2019, 02:49 AM
I know its early but does anybody know what their 5 star passives are?

Red and blue transform golden effects on one random enemy into burns at the start of battle.
Green cleanses silver effects on up to 2 allies at the start of battle and gives everyone cleanse for 1 turn.

Not very impressive if you ask me.

Yup
04-18-2019, 02:59 AM
Overall they are on par with old cultist.. just slightly more updated based on the current trends, but they are NOT game-changers. It's like getting demon spawns.. sure they may have some specific use for some specific achievement in the future, But you aren't going to use them regularly.

Player1293
04-18-2019, 03:34 AM
those passives are disappointing.

Volrath
04-18-2019, 04:03 AM
Dropped 66 souls so far, got all the new cultists but no witch yet. It looks like this will be the first event where I'll get the new character just by collecting the 750 fragments. I also love the idea of 3-star characters getting passives as they level up. Good event all around.

MetalKing
04-18-2019, 04:29 AM
What are your recommended talismans for the witch?
Also-lets have all the characters with no passives earn one when evolving them. I love this new twist!

Yup
04-18-2019, 04:35 AM
Three purple slots.. so Labyrinth :)

I thought about reaper, but her skills make Reaper less valuable on her.

Ip4
04-18-2019, 05:22 AM
garbage event...many red eyes but offcourse no red eyes

vpachev
04-18-2019, 06:33 AM
garbage event...many red eyes but offcourse no red eyes

WHAT?! :D

Got the witch with about 60 souls, I guess I will get a dupe by collecting frags.

Dumb move by me sacrificing three wolves by mistake...

fanghorria
04-18-2019, 07:26 AM
I got the witch after just one exalted sacrifice! First time in my few months of playing I get an event character from a soul not a 750 frags

kgk56
04-18-2019, 07:33 AM
66 souls, no Witch and I'm missing the Ox Cultist.
Oh well I still have enough souls in my book to get her with the frags

Edit : got her with the frags (and still 200 left, maybe I go for a 2nd)

rags-6094
04-18-2019, 07:55 AM
Fortunately I saved all my worthwhile 4 & 5* characters for this event, I have sacrificed well over 75 event souls and managed 2 x 5* characters, but no witch! Thankfully the frags got me over the line...

I have set the witch up as King for a little while if anyone of my troopers wants a demo.. Fully skill sharded and maxed, with maxed Hex and Mark Talismans, she seems to clean up the sentinel lord of lights at level 10 most of the time....
I’m still farming for the new 5 set otherwise there’d be on her...

Liu
04-18-2019, 08:19 AM
Fortunately I saved all my worthwhile 4 & 5* characters for this event, I have sacrificed well over 75 event souls and managed 2 x 5* characters, but no witch! Thankfully the frags got me over the line...

I have set the witch up as King for a little while if anyone of my troopers wants a demo.. Fully skill sharded and maxed, with maxed Hex and Mark Talismans, she seems to clean up the sentinel lord of lights at level 10 most of the time....
I’m still farming for the new 5 set otherwise there’d be on her...

Please put an eddie again :/

Deathbat6120
04-18-2019, 08:39 AM
80+ souls and no Witch, only the three Wickers. Makes a change to actually be able to get enough souls for the fragments though. Overall, not that bad of an event. Liking the new idea of 3* characters getting passives once levelled, could be cool to implement that for others with no passive!

URock
04-18-2019, 08:52 AM
Raven Souls so far: Iron Maiden Eddie :cool:, Wicker Wolf and Wicker Owl

chrismt
04-18-2019, 10:30 AM
Great event. Having necropolis fragments as part of the rewards was a nice touch too. Collected 87 souls. No 5* but had enough fragments to get raven

GotN
04-18-2019, 11:17 AM
I have set the witch up as King for a little while if anyone of my troopers wants a demo..

Thanks trooper! Will test her later on, but she seems quite useable. And ofc I don’t have her- so far... let’s see...

scott-5496
04-18-2019, 12:13 PM
Yeah, nice event so far.

Got her through frags - as usual my luck sucked.

Got two of the new Wicker guys so just missing one of them which I am sure will turn up eventually.

Still bashing through souls and had a few vortex so far. Still no Virtual or Iron Maiden Eddie and nothing else I was looking for but that was to be expected.

nitro
04-18-2019, 12:59 PM
I had big luck.
Open first soul and i got witch.

90mphyorker
04-18-2019, 01:07 PM
74 souls opened so far and pulled the Witch 3 times. Guess luck was on my side today.

R1ck
04-18-2019, 01:49 PM
86 souls opened and no witch, only two kind of cultists. Got the witch through fragments and I think event is over for me. Will get the other cultist when appears on heroic souls.

They made boring every event for me with the gold restriction, prefer to save for leveling my talismans.

Fight4life
04-18-2019, 03:50 PM
Got the witch in the first 5 souls or so. Then a second within the next 50. Also all the cultists. Along with a prisoner. With other souls I got assasin chopper as well, so all in all, not a bad event for me :)

bort
04-18-2019, 05:06 PM
Opened maybe 90 frags, only managed to pull 2 of the cultists. Had to dip in to my reserves and sac a 99 stack of legendary souls. Got 3 new 4* I was missing but none of the 5*'s :(

Also out of 99 legendary, only two of them were 5*

Highace
04-18-2019, 05:21 PM
Gathered up the 75 souls thanks to the 3 tier 7 sacrifices I had prepared beforehand. Of course I got 2 five stars who weren't her in the progress but I fortunately did get the 3 cultists, along with Virtual XI Ed from a sentinel mythical! Overall a pretty successful event for me, though not as wild as the previous 2 sac events.

Mizrael
04-18-2019, 05:49 PM
So what’s the reasoning for tier VII rewards? For 10k less essence you get 2 extra event souls along with the rewards from a double tier VI, which is already (probably) better than the rewards from a VII.

Yeah...the devs are not very good at math. i usually do one T VII for the event challenge and then i retreat to 18K sacrifices...
I don’t care about the other rewards (and there is not much more in a T VII pool), so do i want to get 8 souls for 36K essence or 6 for 50K? hmmmm...a tough decision, isn’t it?!

Esquatcho
04-18-2019, 11:45 PM
Finally dropped a witch after 63 souls.... Not sure if I should keep going or not tbh. Only missing the sentinel wicker cultist. That said, the necro frags are kinda good....

I still have to smash out a full set of labyrinth talismans so maybe Ill focus on that for a bit and come back to the sac a little later in the week.

Maybe if Im bored out of my brain, Ill dump all my 1* souls and see if I cant get that last wicker without spending huge coins/ironite (just mind numbing time).

rags-6094
04-19-2019, 03:08 AM
I don’t know why but I can’t help but keep sacrificing even though I have the main event character now, glad I did as I have picked up the Assasin Pharoah Dog King and Virtual XI Eddie, all three wicker characters as well...
A very good event for me! Only one more 5* I can get now from normal soul drops...! Gunner Pharoah Dog King....

Cefiar
04-19-2019, 04:16 AM
Dropped 99 Corvids once I got them (all at once) and got 1 raven witch, 2 of the 3 cultists (missing the warrior one), and a bunch of other stuff.

In the process picked up enough fragments for another raven witch, and about 1/3 the way to another one.

Will probably go through some more sacrifices to see what else I can pick up, as I'm still missing Virtual XI Eddie.

Banished
04-19-2019, 07:35 AM
End of sac event for me.

Received the witch (with the frags) and the 3 cultists.

Got Iron Maiden Eddie with a corvid soul, finally.

Also got magus and warrior robots.

And 35 skill shards (not bad)

surprisingly: the warrior robot to sacrifice, although it is a 4*, it's 240 instead more than 1000 for a 4* when sacrificied. bug I guess.

thealchemist
04-19-2019, 10:27 AM
I was at just under 86K in the event challenges, just did my 2nd Tier 7 yet I'm still at just under the 86K.....wtf? I'm still sitting on 4* characters to sac so should get to the 150K easily enough, as long as THEY COUNT.

Blade
04-19-2019, 10:59 PM
Dear devs, would you please add G/A souls into the sacrifice reward pool? There must be something wrong. Taken together this and the last sacrifice event I got exactly 0 G/A souls as rewards from many many tier 5 and 6 sacrifices (plus the two T7 sacs for the achievement) and several vortexes. Last month one vortex gave some G/A souls, but that's it. This is beyond bad luck and needs a closer look I guess. Thanks!

Peter
04-20-2019, 01:09 PM
The pentagram behind her is disturbingly not upside down ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ -)

Shaolin85london
04-20-2019, 04:04 PM

I guess she performs white magick link to Wicca witchcraft I guess...

Natasmai
04-20-2019, 04:21 PM
Dear devs, would you please add G/A souls into the sacrifice reward pool? There must be something wrong. Taken together this and the last sacrifice event I got exactly 0 G/A souls as rewards from many many tier 5 and 6 sacrifices (plus the two T7 sacs for the achievement) and several vortexes. Last month one vortex gave some G/A souls, but that's it. This is beyond bad luck and needs a closer look I guess. Thanks!

ive gotten tons of G/A souls. usually 2 each 5 or 6 tier sac and occasionally from vortex as well. they are in there....

Im glad it isnt just me...

Mizrael
04-20-2019, 04:24 PM

Yeah! the G/A souls at a real scarce since they “improved” the rewards. where you would get 20 G/A souls before you now get 1-2 G or A souls instead and some stupid 50 soul fragments of which you need 500 to build 1 soul out of.

a real IMPROVEMENT indeed...(but then again they can’t openly say “we fuck you big time up the rear once again and you will thank us for it”, can they?)

Amarthir
04-20-2019, 05:20 PM
Yeah! the G/A souls at a real scarce since they “improved” the rewards. where you would get 20 G/A souls before you now get 1-2 G or A souls instead and some stupid 50 soul fragments of which you need 500 to build 1 soul out of.

a real IMPROVEMENT indeed...(but then again they can’t openly say “we fuck you big time up the rear once again and you will thank us for it”, can they?)

This improvement was mainly to give us a better chance to get Epic and Mythical souls and it does just that. I've gotten more 4* dupes than I ever did with the old rewards and those epics add up when you are putting 10 or so of each class in there.

As for specific class wise yeah I think they should put some more emphasis on Gunner souls and assassin souls in the higher ranking and they should take out the fragment rewards and put those in the lower tiers instead, but hey 50/50 chance they'll actually do it right?

MetalKing
04-21-2019, 06:33 AM
Very nice event. I managed to acquire two raven witches, my first mystic Eddie, the red ninja, blue hellraiser, two of the new wicker characters, blue maclo, and a bunch of duplicates as well. The raven witch is on an arena team that I threw together with the wrong talismans, some characters that aren't fully sharded or leveled, and still am doing well.

Rory
04-22-2019, 07:07 PM
I got the witch eventually, with 75 corvid souls, 2 of which I bought with ironite (I accidentally converted some 300-odd corvid fragments by misfingering convert instead of claim). Got all 3 of the cultists eventually, had like 3 of the wolf ones, 2 owl ones, and 1 of the ox ones. And got a 5-star eddie from one of the corvid souls, but was a duplicate of an eddie I already had.
So, 68 of the corvid souls were 3 or 4 star characters that were p.much only good for throwing right back into the sacrifice. Is that about usual for these kind of events ?

I was a bit :| though when I encountered a team in the arena that not one, not two, but three Raven Witches. I was like "random chance my foot!" for a moment, lol.

Ironstyle
04-22-2019, 08:16 PM
In my opinion, yes, that's pretty average for the sac events. It really depends on how many toons you already have and what you're chasing. For me, I got the witch, missing the owl, and got Virtual XI Ed and M Soulless demon.

Blade
04-22-2019, 08:52 PM
I also think this is about average. My drops were a bit better this time: I sacrificed enough to get 75 event souls. Opened them all at once and got 3 5* characters - this is far above average (about 1 out of 100)!! It was a Mystic Ed, a warrior CoDT and the Raven Witch!! So together with the frags, I have 2 Witches now. The player with 3 Witches (maybe we fought the same one? 2 times level 1 and one level 100?) maybe got 2 dropped from the souls or he/she sacced so much to get 150 event souls?

Anyway cool event, getting the event character with guarantee is always a nice thing...on the other hand, PvP will be flodded with the Witch.

Still my only concern is the drop rate of G/A souls. As I sad before, 2 sac events in a row with a lot of sacrifices taken together gave 0 rare G/A souls from rewards and only ~5 from one vortex. This needs to be adjusted in my opinion.

Natasmai
04-23-2019, 11:30 AM
I was a bit :| though when I encountered a team in the arena that not one, not two, but three Raven Witches. I was like "random chance my foot!" for a moment, lol.

I saw 2 witches from corvid souls and an additional 2 I created from frags, it isnt that hard to get her at all. This is how an event should be run. The more you play, the more "extra" characters you will have to sacrifice and also, you will learn to store all souls until the sac event so you maximize the chances of getting the event souls and frags. It also helps to stock up on gold to be able to sacrifice. I blew about 18M gold (plus all the gold you earn during the sacs) from about 28M down to 10M. I am now already back up to 20M just in the last few days playing arena.

infinite dreamer
04-23-2019, 01:23 PM
Just did a tier 5 sacrifice (just over 18000 essence) and didn't receive any corvid souls with the rewards. Any one else having any issues like this?

kgk56
04-23-2019, 01:57 PM
I got 2 Witches from frags but none from souls (talk about luck) & I'm missing the Ox cultist.

I too encountered that team with the 3 Witches but only one was maxed.

Btw, should I sac my 2nd Witch or keep her ? (I usually don't keep dupes, I had already sac in the past 2 Shogun, 1 Charlotte, 1 Gunner Krampus, 3 Coalgiver ...)

infinite dreamer
04-23-2019, 02:41 PM
I have 3 witches (1 from a soul, 2 from frags) and I'm half way to a 4th with frags. I'm probably going to keep 1 dupe, but I'm not sure yet. The 3 cultists are on my arena defense team.

Blade
04-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Why do you guys keep on saccing? Especially after having 3 witches already?

@kgk: it's a difficult thing, I also have changing opinions. In the beginning I thought I will just keep 1 of each characters, never shard a dupe and treat every char as a real individuum that can only exist once. I made an excuse for gunner Lilith when she was dominating to have one for defense and one for attack with different talis setups (Prisoner proof and not). So far she is the only excuse regarding sharded dupes. But I keep many dupes, mainly to store additional talis that would exceed the inventory just because so many are released and I'm a hoarder :)
Really crazy that you missed the Ox out of 150 souls!!!

infinite dreamer
04-23-2019, 03:09 PM
I don't like using ironite on SOW, so I'm using the sacrifice pit to fund the current arena event (definitely not up to 500 battles), but the extra rewards like iron coins are nice. I had a good stash of precious souls from the previous dungeon event that helps fund the sacrifices. If I have any extra SOW later in the week, it will fund the gauntlet changeover for a bit. And it gives me a chance to build up and stockpile mythical and heroic souls. I'm also still looking for a gunner pharaoh dog king and warrior apma robo scout.

Blade
04-23-2019, 03:20 PM
I don't like using ironite on SOW, so I'm using the sacrifice pit to fund the current arena event (definitely not up to 500 battles), but the extra rewards like iron coins are nice. I had a good stash of precious souls from the previous dungeon event that helps fund the sacrifices. If I have any extra SOW later in the week, it will fund the gauntlet changeover for a bit. And it gives me a chance to build up and stockpile mythical and heroic souls. I'm also still looking for a gunner pharaoh dog king and warrior apma robo scout.

Good points, sir!
You are right, the current arena event is very ironite costly. It's heartbreaking to see the decline after the costly LoL event. But the iron coins and also the cosmic frags and catalysts are nice, so I am halfway there. I need to rebuild Ironite after that.
Unfortunately sacrifice doesn't give me any rare G/A souls but apart from Virtual Ed, the only 2 missing characters that I can get from souls atm are from those classes :/ I really hope they change the probability of souls distribution soon! So I'll wait till next month's sac event.

P.S. really happy to see the beautiful assassin Prison Cook in heroics soon :D

infinite dreamer
04-23-2019, 03:33 PM
Good points, sir!
You are right, the current arena event is very ironite costly. It's heartbreaking to see the decline after the costly LoL event. But the iron coins and also the cosmic frags and catalysts are nice, so I am halfway there. I need to rebuild Ironite after that.
Unfortunately sacrifice doesn't give me any rare G/A souls but apart from Virtual Ed, the only 2 missing characters that I can get from souls atm are from those classes :/ I really hope they change the probability of souls distribution soon! So I'll wait till next month's sac event.

P.S. really happy to see the beautiful assassin Prison Cook in heroics soon :D

I hear ya, it's always good to see a missing character show up in the heroic rotation. Would like NOTB Eddie to show up there, but it may be awhile! G/A souls used to drop so often back in the day and now I only got a couple on vortexes and on an occasional tier 6. I think I've gotten maybe 10-15 this sac event.

URock
04-23-2019, 08:48 PM
After 75 Ravensouls I got her with fragments. I got all the other new toons + IM Eddie. Nice event!