PDA

View Full Version : April 2019, Part 3 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

Kaz_LOTB
04-19-2019, 12:34 AM
This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11702-April-2019-Part-3-Tuning-PRELIMINARY&p=97335#post97335).

Patrice-1201
04-19-2019, 07:04 AM
So Mystic is getting a great overhaul and glad to see that there will be ways to get better Cosmic Talismans, although I'm sure that it will be a serious grind to get to these but at least it's not just RNG based!

@Kaz, when will you guys have a fix for the Arena Win loop, that destroyed my 100% winning streak last week :-(

Lthepostman
04-19-2019, 09:44 AM
I really can't understand where the game is going with all these talismans and skills...it seems that in any why you are trying to make all the characters unvulnerable, able to dodge anything, uberoverpowered. PVP is nearly impossible if u don't catch up with the latest talisman/character and it seems that everything is up to who has the most invincible combo...cause compared to the old days all strategies went far beyond the concept of OP.

Blade
04-19-2019, 11:24 AM
- Really good buffs for several characters!

- relative quick fix for the perfect accuracy bug with Osiris

- I also like the new ways to get cosmic talis, but if they don't show up in a higher frequency, it will take forever to get enough frags!
Calculation: A normal one drops 100 epic frags, an epic one drops 50 mythical frags. To get 1 mythical you need 1000 frags. 1000/50= 20 epics needed. To get 20 epics, you need 20*600= 12.000 frags. To get 12.000 frags, you need 12k/100 = 120 Talis! Recently we get 1-2 Talis per month, let's take 1.5 to calculate... 120/1.5= 80 months! So I think we will see more events about them and maybe these frags can also be integrated into the sac rewards pool?

- But please, guys, slow down the pace of talisman crazyness! Give us some time to learn about the newest talis and how to use them and especially, how to work against them (if possible at all).
I agree with the postman, as it is just becoming ultra crazy now. I really loved the old times where the team skill combination, with a little strategic help from the tallis, was the thing to go to win or lose a fight. Now we have Labyrinth, which is ultra annoying and in the next weeks we see 4 new sets and with Eternity the next ultra powerful assassin 5 set! Honestly, I would have been ok to stop with talis when the 6-sets came out.
BTW, it would make sense nowadays to convert the old 6-sets into 4-sets, as these new 5-sets are much more powerful/overpowered as the olf 6-sets

- lack of disco-bug-fix. I just had it yesterday several times (which might be connected to fluctuating wifi-quality in the train also!?)

Patrice-1201
04-19-2019, 01:57 PM
Honestly those new Talismans and new characters have to stop for a long holiday. This is getting crazy and ridiculous

slauki
04-19-2019, 02:15 PM
seems that talismans and chars are need at this pace to keep the game going, which worries me a bit about the health and the sustain of the game.
let'S be honest, the meta is a damn mess and it get's worse with every new ultra rare op talis/char we get. and they come in really fast pace.
just a comparsion: in msf we get 2-4 chars per month. here he we got 7 in one event....(no talisman system in msf)

Muzzleloader
04-19-2019, 02:52 PM
The pace of releasing toons/talis at this rate has been going on for a year. I dont see anything that will change this, since people are still chasing the great thing. I seen this awhile back at let my nephew run my account. I am missing 20+ toons and the list continues to grow. If you miss out on the new great thing just wait a few weeks and another will be chasable.

Just wait until the cosmic talisman really kick in and confuse the arena to a greater mess than currently exists. Newer players with a little luck and dollars can content in the top 100 in the arena. Along with the disco dance arena can be quite frustrating .

Kaz_LOTB
04-19-2019, 03:09 PM
@Kaz, when will you guys have a fix for the Arena Win loop, that destroyed my 100% winning streak last week :-(

The Arena hang is actively being worked on. It has proven quite difficult to reproduce in-house at will however, so better logging is being developed to attempt to track and get more information about it as there are no consistent common factors that appear to trigger it (i.e. character, talisman, or effect combos) in many of the cases that have been reported through CS. If anyone happens to have a way they have found to reproduce this issue 100% of the time, then that would be very valuable info for our engineer to capture.

The pace of releasing toons/talis at this rate has been going on for a year. I dont see anything that will change this....

We have been taking in the feedback and do agree that fewer events and releases of content would be ideal. It's a goal we are working towards in the coming months.

-Kaz

SinGularity-8786
04-19-2019, 04:12 PM
Feels like getting buried under a giant pile of talismans at the moment…

Stormseye
04-19-2019, 04:44 PM
The Arena hang is actively being worked on. It has proven quite difficult to reproduce in-house at will however, so better logging is being developed to attempt to track and get more information about it as there are no consistent common factors that appear to trigger it (i.e. character, talisman, or effect combos) in many of the cases that have been reported through CS. If anyone happens to have a way they have found to reproduce this issue 100% of the time, then that would be very valuable info for our engineer to capture.-Kaz

https://youtu.be/w8DEDWUAQc4

I can upload as many videos as you need.

Kurzgesagt
04-19-2019, 05:25 PM
The Arena hang is actively being worked on. It has proven quite difficult to reproduce in-house at will however, so better logging is being developed to attempt to track and get more information about it as there are no consistent common factors that appear to trigger it (i.e. character, talisman, or effect combos) in many of the cases that have been reported through CS. If anyone happens to have a way they have found to reproduce this issue 100% of the time, then that would be very valuable info for our engineer to capture.

We have been taking in the feedback and do agree that fewer events and releases of content would be ideal. It's a goal we are working towards in the coming months.

-Kaz

Kaz, the game already has a lot of content, and I would say it is currently one of the most complex I play, and in the long run I do not know how good this will be for everyone.

I have seen many people saying that we currently have a lot of talismans ...
Then a suggestion: a mega-event where it would be possible to obtain all the talismans already released. That would help a lot.

rags-6094
04-19-2019, 05:32 PM
I would second that suggestion but don’t stop there, allow in the same event all the components required for us to level up both normal and cosmic Talisman including gold and runes.

Amarthir
04-19-2019, 05:33 PM
I really would like to see a fix for the sorting bug in Gauntlet. You can't use the sorting options to change your roster at all, when I click on class, star, level or Eddie all it does is switch a couple of Eddie's in the same class around. Nothing is changed at all.

https://youtu.be/yewKf9Ibe4E

Muzzleloader
04-19-2019, 06:02 PM
Kaz, the new content in dungeon events has been a nice diversion to the game while allowing rewards to be earned. The increase in gold rewards in NC has brought back interest in playing it besides grinding just to complete the challenge.

The overwhelming amount of new toons/talis has became a burden on alot of players. It has become a game to grind for the new OP release. We cant even have time to use the new toons except for the most powerful. Its has became collect and move on.

The amount of resources to upgrade all the new talisman let alone to collect all the subtypes of older talis is a great burden on new to mid level players.

Gauntlet is a great idea, but if you dont keep up collecting all the new releases you just cant compete against the defensive team combos that are thrown at us. I know it is a fine line between it being to easy or difficult.

It would be nice to slow down the new released toons/talis to allow some to catch up and be fun and not just a grind would be much appreciated. I know you need to make a profit to continue to offer this game. I dont know how to make a balance between making a profit while catering to the wants for such a diverse player base.

Kaz_LOTB
04-19-2019, 07:24 PM
https://youtu.be/w8DEDWUAQc4

I can upload as many videos as you need.

Do you know if this example a 100% repeatable (i.e. are you able to replay that exact same battle and get the same result each time?) If so, please DM me your account name and the exact time you started the battle that caused the hang. This would be great info to pass along to the team to aid in uncovering the source of the problem sooner.

Thanks.

-Kaz

Yup
04-19-2019, 07:27 PM
Kaz yes...

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11698-Disco-bug

Check my PvP history (yup-3338)

04/17/19 Approx 8:11pm Pacific Time against "Alfonzo"

2 or 3 battles all with the same disco bug ending.. there were 2 in immediate succession - a win, then a loss.. then a few minutes later another win endign in dsco. All my battles around that time stamp ended in the Disco bug. An hour later, things were fine again.

Ancient Mariner
04-19-2019, 07:28 PM
The overwhelming amount of new toons/talis has became a burden on alot of players. It has become a game to grind for the new OP release. We cant even have time to use the new toons except for the most powerful. Its has became collect and move on.

The amount of resources to upgrade all the new talisman let alone to collect all the subtypes of older talis is a great burden on new to mid level players.

Gauntlet is a great idea, but if you dont keep up collecting all the new releases you just cant compete against the defensive team combos that are thrown at us. I know it is a fine line between it being to easy or difficult.

It would be nice to slow down the new released toons/talis to allow some to catch up and be fun and not just a grind would be much appreciated. I know you need to make a profit to continue to offer this game. I dont know how to make a balance between making a profit while catering to the wants for such a diverse player base.
Word. I was thinking the same and I couldn't have said it better...

As someone else lately said in several occasions, this almost seems to have become a job rather than a game, with all the time needed to catch up with the continuous addition of new characters/talismans.

It would be better if there was new content to play instead, with less time expirations by the way, which is another thing that forces you to play without breaks.
To have fun a game should give you the time to play in peace, something like new missions or worlds to play, without the usual "until one week" thing.

Now that's something i would really appreciate

GrimDusk
04-19-2019, 11:14 PM
I like that Eternity Talismans basically aren't allowed on the Ferryman because they'd be too broken.

Yup
04-19-2019, 11:32 PM
I don't know.. inflict enemies with Crave and, well.. they could still work :)

Stormseye
04-20-2019, 02:30 AM
Kaz

If it happens against a team it will happen against the same team every time. I tried twice against that team and once against another team but I only recorded the 3rd battle. I then hit my free refresh and restarted the game. I did not go back to the Arena for a few hours and when I logged back it, I was no longer having the bug and have not had not it in about 50 battles. If I get it again i will record all battles against that team or teams.

BenjaminBreeg
04-21-2019, 12:19 AM
What I'd like to suggest as help for new players would be something like a glossar, where you could find all talisman sets, where they can he obtained and what the effect is. I think it would be great to have all the information in one place, especially for new players/ old players who started again and missed something

Metallicamilo
04-23-2019, 04:23 AM
Shawl. Of Stix?? What is that?

Also, a good motivation can be renewing the missions tab with fresh items with every two or three months rotations or however neccesary. They can include the most relevant items from previous Months.

Yup
04-23-2019, 06:20 AM
Shawl. Of Stix?? What is that?

Ferryman's passive -- basically if you put them on Ferryman, you help the enemy.

scott-5496
04-23-2019, 11:15 AM
Nice to see Mystic getting a set of boosts - always liked his look and he has decent skills too - just did not hit much at all. There seems to be a positive trend towards updating the old Eddies and I am all for that. It also hopefully means we can have less character chasing each month and get some quiet time to actually get to know new characters and talisman. I agree with others who suggest this as it is long overdue - even if it was month about it would be good.

Also agree that we need to see new missions in the missions screen - get these refreshed each month or too with some decent rewards.

Talisman are all well and good but the more that come out (liek characters) the more issues and conflicts can arise. I think the game needsd a cooling off period for a few weeks or months - keep new stuff comig of course but to a lesser degree as at the moment it is constant and just a drain on most of us. The Arena event, while decent enough, is a time drain if you want to hit targets - I am sure some of us will do it of course but I am not sure that many can do it.

Liebhild
04-23-2019, 12:40 PM
With that actual NF-defense-cheating Labyrinth-talisman are simply stupid.

Take away that stupid cheating!!!!! So that 60% are 60% and not 90%!!!!!

Same with AB, I think they nerfed her, but their cheating eats away the nerfing (of cause only on defense)

Blade
04-23-2019, 12:55 PM
(of cause only on defense)

That's the real problem, yes! The AI loves to smash through all my blocks, passives and labyrinths easily and I need to play 10 minutes to kill one labyrinth wearer... boring!

Bakura
04-23-2019, 07:16 PM
Feels like getting buried under a giant pile of talismans at the moment…

That's freakin' hilarious.
The rider is Nodding Frog, the Jackass is all of us spending money/time/resources to get the latest Carrot which is the newest toons/talismans!
THE TRUTH HURTS...... but we all keep on gettin' on..... don't we! LOL

gogosox40
04-24-2019, 11:57 PM
I knew I should have waited to cash in my 3 catalyst souls and my 1 talisman soul. Just did it this afternoon. Damnit

kgk56
04-25-2019, 10:50 AM
Did they nerf the alchemy talisman ? it doesn't cleanse doom anymore :(

Blade
04-25-2019, 11:23 AM

I am sure they never did. Otherwise the description would have something like "including silver effects" in it.

kgk56
04-25-2019, 12:13 PM
I am sure they never did. Otherwise the description would have something like "including silver effects" in it.

I use 'em from the beginning of the release and I'm sure the set cleansed the doom silver effect

Bakura
04-26-2019, 12:06 AM
In the newsfeed, they posted the tuning changes update. It stated they fixed Doom effect from being recognized as a non-silver effect. So the fact Alchemy cleansed it was because it saw it as a regular (red) neg. buff.
It sux.... Ferryman kicked my ass a few times until I figured out what was wrong. Man, Alchemy was my favorite talis until this.
Why do they fix all the things right about this game , but not what is wrong?

kgk56
04-26-2019, 08:19 AM
It sux.... Ferryman kicked my ass a few times until I figured out what was wrong. Man, Alchemy was my favorite talis until this.
Why do they fix all the things right about this game , but not what is wrong?

Totally agreed

Bakura
04-26-2019, 01:31 PM
The Doom from Ferryman, is 2 turns, and most use Hex talis (50% chance to reduce/increase neg. duration,) ....But the AI turns it to 1 turn 9 times out if 10, which means you need to cleanse it IMMEDIATELY. Alchemy used to cleanse it..... so now your toon better be able to.
I've been using Beast Ed in the PvP, his Doom is 5 turns..... that's a slow boat to nowhere.
I use Hex also.... rarely reduces duration. They need to adjust BE's Doom duration, even 3 would be better. And the AI after this tuning update seems a little more biased. I had a KP up against a team with no disable, reg. or perf. All the toons and talis, I have used myself....... but for some reason KP passive did not work. Didn't remove any buffs.... it ended in a tie.
I also saw AB get immunity a whole turn before she went, after another toon.
When you play nearly 500 battles for this arena event..... you notice some foul play by the AI.

Liu
04-26-2019, 01:44 PM
Musashi's powermove doesn't work vs doom on allies as well (or any other silver effect for that matter)

it clearly states "cleanse negative effects, including silver effects, from all allies". I've experienced some losses due to neither musashi nor alchemy clearing doom any longer. How is it possible they fix everything to our disadvantage so fast, while gauntlet still doesn't provide proper rewards ? still waiting for a response from support btw.

Bakura
04-26-2019, 03:27 PM
Musashi's powermove doesn't work vs doom on allies as well (or any other silver effect for that matter)

it clearly states "cleanse negative effects, including silver effects, from all allies". I've experienced some losses due to neither musashi nor alchemy clearing doom any longer. How is it possible they fix everything to our disadvantage so fast, while gauntlet still doesn't provide proper rewards ? still waiting for a response from support btw.
Yeah, something is up. I'm not b!tchin' , I love the game and support it ($). But, after every update it's like " ok, .... what's up now?" I understand programming code (a little) , all kinds of variables are affected when you alter other parameters. My Musashi worked ok, and I believe you ... so something weird, like a bug or AI preference, is happening.
I could name a bunch of scenarios, but for one, none of my Primordial buffs showed up during a whole battle, even after the enemy's KP was gone..... nuttin'. Weird stuff going on...not only do they raise the bar to 500 to get rewards, then they screw with ya by making it more difficult. LOTB is like a hot chick who cheats on ya.... she does ya wrong, but she's so smoking hot you just can't stay away. 😃

Zugzwang
04-27-2019, 04:09 AM

-Kaz

Please stop releasing so much “content” because it breaks existing “content.” Also please don’t sell things for real money that are known to be broken before being released. It’s bad form. Spend some time fixing known issues (and there are a lot) before adding more issues. Other than new worlds like Silent Planet or Isle of Avalon, the game has enough characters, Eddies and talismans to last awhile. The problem is that what’s already been released doesn’t work correctly. It may not make money directly to fix issues, but it will keep the game from being unplayable and going belly up.
Rather than be out of work, wouldn’t the team like to keep the game running? Again, please fix what’s broken first.

Yup
04-27-2019, 07:21 AM
... as famously posted.. ."Characters make money" .... that's where they profit. There's no money in bug fixing. If you don't like the bugs, leave.. someone else will start playing and they'll never miss you. And if you aren't spending $$$ they really could not care less if you stick around or not. This isn't a "game".. there's no end.. no "winning"... no goal to reach..... it's purely a profit machine. Yes as artists/developers of course they care about quality. No one like releasing something they know if faulty.. but the profit machine dictates where future work hours are placed.. and bug fixing is typically VERY low on the list. Unless it's a bug which can potentially cut into the profits (i.e. player-beneficial bugs).

It's a "game" to you... functionality of the "game" is paramount..... it's a "cash register" to them.. profitability and return on investment is paramount to them.

Zugzwang
04-27-2019, 10:39 AM
... as famously posted.. ."Characters make money" .... that's where they profit. There's no money in bug fixing. If you don't like the bugs, leave.. someone else will start playing and they'll never miss you. And if you aren't spending $$$ they really could not care less if you stick around or not. This isn't a "game".. there's no end.. no "winning"... no goal to reach..... it's purely a profit machine. Yes as artists/developers of course they care about quality. No one like releasing something they know if faulty.. but the profit machine dictates where future work hours are placed.. and bug fixing is typically VERY low on the list. Unless it's a bug which can potentially cut into the profits (i.e. player-beneficial bugs).

It's a "game" to you... functionality of the "game" is paramount..... it's a "cash register" to them.. profitability and return on investment is paramount to them.

Here’s just part of where what you posted is wrong.

1. People WILL eventually stop replacing people that leave and it will be sooner rather than later if the product is shit, which means no more “cash machine” which would be the end of the game. Fix the known issues or more and more people will stop playing.

2. They released and sold Reaper Talismansfor real money knowing full well they were faulty (did nothing. Not one single thing). Just like the children’s book in the movie Elf missing the last 2 pages.

3.I do spend money and support the game so stop being an apologist for the business model when other games that use the same model (which is any mobile game) actually work. I don’t care if the devs were allowed to charge a million dollars for a single item. I just wouldn’t buy it. But when they charge $10 for Talismans that they know won’t work that’s dishonesty and pretty disgusting.

4. I never said or thought there was a goal reach. The fun is supposed to be in playing—when the game works correctly. And there needs to be new content for that to happen and I don’t mean toons and talismans only.

But thanks for your “explanation” of how the game works! I haven’t been playing since day 1 or anything and had no idea. Lucky you explained that for me!

Bakura
04-27-2019, 11:31 AM
Well, this new update, just days after the release of the Reaper talis, fixed the 1st round bug..... but they still aren't worth $10.
As for Yup's comments, there's some truth there. It didn't seem he was defending NF, just telling the sad truth of how it is. We've been posting frustrations on the forum for some time now.... for the most part it doesn't change much. Corporate greed dictates everyone else's roles and integrity, that runs this game. Employees who love gaming and Iron Maiden, still have to focus on what the corporate bosses at the top want....$
I bet the moderators here on the forum understand or agree with some of our posting, but ultimately have to keep their jobs and do what is commanded. I've been there, stuck in the middle, with integrity.... caring about the customer, but greedy corporate wants you to say & do whatever to get the money. Most big companies now figure with nearly 7 billion people on the planet, that if they could just get one purchase from each, who cares if they are happy and comeback.
On the LOTB FB page, sooooo many people complain about problems and having to spend money. Like they think it should all be free. Here's the truth... no corporate business cares about your happiness, they just want your money.
I saw a video by a developer online, giving a talk to other developers at a conference.
He warned about lack of game content and catering to the "whales." Whales are the few mobile gamers who spend thousands a year while the many spend $0 in these freemiums. He was asking developers to have integrity, good gaming content, and make money on "micro transactions" , smaller dollar purchases. He said, like Zuzwang was saying, going after money alone, is the reason so many mobile games fail. The customers catch on, and there eventually won't be anymore.
I agree. Spending $100-$150 for ironite to get 750 frags for toons (ie. Ferryman, NOTB Ed) is unreal. $5 or even $20 (Gangland Ed + coins and shards) is more feasible.
Sadly, I think Mr. Harris and the rest of the band have just sold rights for NF to use the Iron Maiden content and they really aren't aware of what's going on, besides being consulted on some ideas (Bass Eddie.)
Either way, not sure what's the difference in NF and Navigator, but once the startup logo changed we, began to see so many more bugs, talis, and toons.
Check out the South Park episode on Freemium Gaming.
Just my opinion. Talking with you guys is like therapy..... thanks for letting me share.
"Hi, my name is Bakura, and I'm an Iron Maiden mobile gaming-aholic"
:D

Zugzwang
04-27-2019, 01:18 PM
I’ve seen the the Facebook posts complaining about everything under the sun but I wanted to reiterate my complaints here. I don’t just complain to complain and I rarely do it, but it needs to be able to be said here as many times as we want to say it. If it doesn’t work and warnings aren’t heeded then we will see what happens but there has to be a balance between things. Shitting out so many new characters and talismans at the cost of adding new bugs is something that doesn’t have to be. They can put out TONS of new stuff that doesn’t break things. That’s what’s I don’t understand. They don’t QC anything after Night City. They should wait 30 days of testing each new thing before making it live. The Reaper Talismans prove they didn’t spend 1 day. They didn’t simply not do one of the stated effects—they did none of them. None. Think about how easy that is to catch. In all situations with any variable I tried, the talismans did nothing. That’s just sad and the devs should be reminded about it even if it’s been fixed. Oh and see how quickly it was fixed? Yea so they can put it back out for sale. But you did see how fast something can be fixed when resources are directed to fixing it.

Lastly, I am a “Whale” as they call it. I have the money and I enjoy the game and have spent an amount of money most people would consider insane on the game. I love Iron Maiden and the game can be fun if there is something to play for.

Recently I was screwed out of a Gauntlet win by a server reset (unscheduled) and just stopped playing. I usually don’t play for rank but this time I was and was strategizing I season of just throwing together teams. That 1 loss kept me from any chance of 1st place which is what I was aiming at. I don’t need Iron coins or anything else— that time I just wanted to compete and see what place I could get. Support said they don’t have the capacity to reset that loss and give me back the toons (which I’m not sure is true or not—maybe it is). But it shouldn’t be. They should have that ability. What’s left to play for besides 1st place in Gauntlet when you have already won an eternal in arena and all PVE Levels. I have one of every toon and talisman except maybe 1 or 2 not including cosmics which who knows how many there are. Nothing left to play for to me if that experience happens and it’s not the first time it’s happened. I just didn’t care as much before but this last time was the umpteenth time it’s happened. So when that happened I realized how far behind the infrastructure of the game is compared to how much is being churned out. I’ve seen players complain for YEARS about losing arena battles due to crashes and resets but all they need to do is play a couple more battles to get the points back. In Gauntlet you can’t and I hadn’t even started the battle yet. I was in the selection screen when I got the message that the game needed to be restarted.

Other players like Patrice agree—with the new “content” it’s too much and too fast. For me it’s not about not being able to keep up with it all because I can. Easily. Its about what’s left behind, and that’s the quality of the game. The new content of the week shouldn’t break more content and keep old problems from being focused on. They are not a huge corporation even though it’s worldwide. The amount of players is relatively small and the team is small. I’ve seen a group picture of them. So the whole corporate greed thing is an idiocy that will backfire. They don’t have the legs to stand on long enough. The game would need to grow more and become more stable (and not lose progress for players without reverting back to the last known state on a crash) before they would be able to really cash in. Micro transactions don’t make much from the bulk of players because the experience doesn’t warrant it yet.

HuckFinn150
04-27-2019, 02:38 PM
I feel somewhat the same. I've don't a lot in the time I've been playing and I feel there's not enough whatever to hold someone's interest for very long. In just over a year for me I've completed all the world and have all the characters I want as of now and only really play about 6 regularly. I'd love new world rather than new toons to replay world that I can go through with one Eddie without and difficulty. They did good by modifying ailing kingdom, but didn't go day enough. They should have added the new characters through the other levels as well. I can't enjoy them even with lowly Mummy Eddie. Plus, they could have made a new level upping the difficulty to give more challenge to higher players. Maybe it's not meant for us to continue after a certain completion of the game and missions. Maybe we should bow out and just keep our collection until a time when a change brings us back. Who knows......

Zugzwang
04-27-2019, 03:06 PM
I’m mainly bitching about bugs and only secondarily bitching about lack of non character/talisman content. I get what you’re saying but I also know that takes time and we just got Night City 4-5 months ago. Just want to not lose battles due to crashes. There is a way to implement this while at the same time having a way to differentiate between a player closing or backing out of a battle and rightfully losing it vs a battle that has not been started or is in progress when a crash happens and have the game state reset to before that when the game is restarted and the player logged back in. It’s like that with other aspects but not battles. Bottom line is if the connection is lost for any reason on the game server side it should revert back to the previous state. The arena disco ball bug is a perfect example. Can’t reproduce it in order to fix it? Ok then at least implement a way that ain’t doesn’t cause a loss of sands of war or a loss to the player. If people had that they would just play the battle again and the bug most likely wouldn’t happen. Take them a minute. Look at the bigger picture than an issue. Look at overall problems that the issues exacerbate and fix them is what I think should happen.

HuckFinn150
04-27-2019, 03:15 PM
I agree on the bugs as well. I just didn't mention them as you said it better than I could. The bugs should be too priority before all else. That should go without saying, but here it seems to be beyond their grasp. I want to think they are doing their best, but so much needs to be addressed and with the next best thing it just compiles into a gigantic mess that is uncontrollable, it seems.

Zugzwang
04-27-2019, 03:45 PM
None of us know the revenue they bring in but it’s only beyond their grasp because they choose not to do it because it doesn’t make money. I wish more people spent a little so they had the money to dedicate people to fixing problems which apparently they don’t.

Bakura
04-28-2019, 12:00 AM
You guys have alot of good points. I feel ya!
As far as the bugs, I just experienced alot of effe'd up sh!t in Pvp. Since yesterday's update .... alot of weird stuff is happening. KP not removing buffs, enemies with invincibility taking damage, toons reviving with no immortality or buffs/talis that grant it.
It's weird. But all in all, the money we spend and the game as it is..... in the end it's just a game. In real life we have bigger fish to fry!
Zuzwang sounds like he hit the summit.
I hit 2nd and 3rd place two weeks in a row in Pvp, completed all levels of the game and skull quests, have most toons and ALL the talis, so Gauntlet is the only mountain left climb, not sure if I care. Keeping up with the Jones' is all there is. But I have time to kill and a lil' money to spend, so for now, they have my interest.
As they say..... "It's all for fun"

Yup
04-28-2019, 04:51 AM
Please go back and review forum history...

There's NOTHING being posted here which hasn't been posted at LEAST once a month since inception... but .. yeah.. you go ahead and think YOU'RE the one to change things.

Zugzwang
04-28-2019, 06:21 AM
Look dude. I never said anywhere that I was “the one to change things” nor do I think I am. Do you realize how insecure you sound with replies like that? I sounds like attention seeking to me.

I’ve seen plenty of the posts you’re referring to over the years even though I don’t live on this forum all the time like you might.

That doesn’t mean I can’t come here and complain about my personal experience or the game in general and post what I think would be good ideas to improve the game. You obviously don’t know what I think because you’ve failed to grasp the point of my posts. Who are you to police my posts anyway?

As for “inception”— I’ve been playing since day 1 and my forum name has been changed once—not that someone being here longer than someone else matters. I didn’t just show up recently but I’m also not going to spend all my time reading every post, so stop with the “go back and read that it’s been said before” nonsense. Your replies are contrary and apologetic to the problems with the game and are trying to negate my valid point without offering anything new yourself— even if it’s been made made a million times before. Do you think you’re the first one to say “hey someone else had that to say already”? My points are my own. You don’t even have one other than to say that since I and others have already mentioned these problems before that it should not be posted again, so why keep commenting?

By the way, I’ve beaten you in the arena and seen your setups. You’re nothing special... but... keep thinking YOU’RE the best player the game has ever seen!........ See how stupid that sounds?

If you think that simply because you’re a regular here on these forums that you’re a great player, well good for you. I seriously doubt it, but if you are it has nothing to do with how often you read or comment here. It also doesn’t give you the right to tell people they shouldn’t post something because it’s been posted before or because YOU don’t like it—just scroll past.

You’re comments added nothing to the thread anyway.You’re just acting like an entitled baby. All you did in your condescending replies was make excuses for the problems with the game and tell me things as if I didn’t know how they work and you are educating me. Lmao @ you bro.

Alvorada
04-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Talking for myself and for myself only.

Characters don't make money. I don't care how OP is the new and shine toon or talisman.

I spend my money when I am happy. When I can play smoothly and have a good time gaming, I buy whatever is been selling.

The amount of my spenditure is inconstant, when I got pissed by bugs, I close my wallet, as the time goes by with no bugs, I resume buys.

So to me, bug correction make money. Probably my money is irrelevant on NF/navigator accounting, I just want to share my opinion, not convence anyone.

scott-5496
04-29-2019, 09:42 AM
Things can get a bit nippy on here at times folks - people can take things the wrong way and things escalate until things start to look daft. We just all need a platform like this to say what we want (within reason I guess) and readers can take it how they want. It is all just opinion and perception so lets all try to chill a little with each other....vent as much as you want but surely there is no need to make it personal. We can ll have our own say on topics raised for sure so lets just do that and as others have said - if you dont like things being said just scroll on by and listen to some Maiden!

Things get to me too, for sure. At the moment it is clear that there are issues in many areas of the game - most of these are linked to quality control and lack thereof by the looks of things. To me it is my single biggest issue - they really need to fix this and there should be little to no excuse for things not working if they are tested properly - sure little things can always slip through but 95% of stuff should be sound before it is released. I have never got why they let this happen - if it is resource then stop releasing so much stuff every month. If it helps take a month off doing event after event and new character after new character after new tally etc etc. Take a few weeks to concentrate on the bugs and the quality control. For one thing it will cut support tickets down to a level you can handle as it seems lots are not getting their tickets dealt with - I have been fine on this by the way and they always seem to help me out though my tickets are very few and far between to be honest.

Personally have no problem with folks spending either (as raised lesewhere) I have in the past and I do from time to time - they game needs spend or it dies. Of course there will be a minority who can spend as they please, others can't and have to think about it or just don't - that is their right to do as they please and none of us should judge anyone on something as silly as if they spend or not - we are free to do as we please and I guess we are free to have our own views on what is good/bad/fair etc etc in the game and what players do with their money. Again. it is all just an opinion/perception - it is not a world fact or world view just what one person thinks and as such lets just take it as that when someone vents or has an opinion.

One thing we share is a love of Maiden so lets keep with that as our core forum value and let each other have their say and try to keep it off personal attacks or tit for tats - it get us all nowhere in the end.

Cheers folks.