PDA

View Full Version : Bloodied Banner (Arena) - Battle in the Arena for new 4-set Banner Talismans!

Leviathan
04-21-2019, 12:08 AM
Earn Banner Talismans, Iron Coins, and Gold by achieving milestones in the Arena!

Banner Talismans are a yellow talisman with a 4 set effect. Equip them to grant a random Shield to all allies for the first turn of battle. These talismans also remove a beneficial effect from the enemy and heal the equipped character for 5% of their Max HP every time an ally takes damage.

From now until April 27th at 5 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of plays in the Arena before the event is over:

Every 10 Plays: Iron Coins x25, Talisman Soul Fragments x10, Gold x10,000
Every 25 Plays: Iron Coins x50, Frontier Coins x25, Gold x15,000
Every 50 Plays: Iron Coins x100, Skill Shard x1, Gold x20,000
Every 125 Plays: Iron Coins x250, 3* Banner Talisman (Onslaught) x1, Gold x25,000
Every 250 Plays: Iron Coins x400, Catalyst Soul x3, Gold x30,000

Win or lose - every play counts toward these event rewards! Please note that this event caps rewards at 500 Arena plays total. Any battles after 500 plays will not grant additional rewards.

Please note that these items will be granted when you complete your Arena battle, and will stack if you meet multiple requirements. For example, when you reach 50 wins, you will earn the rewards for 10 wins, 25 wins, and 50 wins at the same time.

Finally, we have a couple additional deals on offer for the duration of this event!

Banner Talismans are also obtainable from the store for Ironite or IAP. You can get one talisman to finish making a set for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 1x Banner Talisman), and if you’d like to get a full set of the talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an IAP.

Eternity Relics are purchasable with Gold in the Event Store!

Eternity Relics grant players up to a 50% increase in HP, Attack and Magic stats in the Arena for a limited time. There are two kinds: Eternity Arms (Increase Stats on your Arena Offense Team) and Eternity Armor (Increase Stats on your Arena Defense Team).

Please note: Each Eternity Relic can be purchased twice and will expire 2 weeks after they are purchased (Note: Earning additional levels of these Relics will refresh the timer!). These Relics will not increase stats in the Gauntlet.

We are also introducing a brand new type of pack to the store! Banner packs contain 10 Souls which guarantee 3★-5★ Characters of ANY class, with an increased chance for a 5★ featured character and an exclusive chance at a full Talisman set.

Each banner pack will have a different featured character and talisman. The first 3 we are introducing are:

TRUE LEGACY SOUL PACK- Increased chance for Iron Maiden Eddie and an exclusive chance for a full set of Mimic Talismans.
SINGING SOUL PACK - Increased chance for The Madam and an exclusive chance for a full set of Fortune Talismans.
EMBALMED SOUL PACK -Increased chance for Pharaoh Dog King (Assassin) and an exclusive chance for a full set of Warlord Talismans.

We will be offering a variety of Banner Packs in future events, so keep your eyes on the store for new offers!

bort
04-21-2019, 12:22 AM
Every 10 Plays: Iron Coins x25, Talisman Soul Fragments x10, Gold x10,000
Every 25 Plays: Iron Coins x50, Frontier Coins x25, Gold x15,000
Every 50 Plays: Iron Coins x100, Skill Shard x1, Gold x20,000
Every 125 Plays: Iron Coins x250, 3* Banner Talisman (Onslaught) x1, Gold x25,000
Every 250 Plays: Iron Coins x400, Catalyst Soul x3, Gold x30,000

Win or lose - every play counts toward these event rewards! Please note that this event caps rewards at 500 Arena plays total. Any battles after 500 plays will not grant additional rewards.

Hooray! Its almost like the devs are listening

...I take that back. 500 matches to get the talismen?!?

Highace
04-21-2019, 12:27 AM
450 battles actually, 500 for bonus catalyst souls. Still, that’s far too many so I’m considering skipping out on this set and just doing a few battles.

GrimDusk
04-21-2019, 12:29 AM
Nope. It's 500. 125 x 4 equals 500. Too much effort for talismans that aren't that great. I set a weak defense, but whatever.

druid138
04-21-2019, 12:37 AM
Lots of good in this event, but 500 fights for a full talisman set is too many, in my opinion.

In any case, lone Coalgiver Eddie defense for me. Good luck everyone!

Amarthir
04-21-2019, 12:42 AM
The fine print says that wins and loses will count so in my opinion that excuses the requirement. Plus I could use 500 frontier coins, 6 Catalyst souls and another cosmic talisman. The other rewards are dreadfully subpar.

Just did the math and looks like you get roughly 10k iron coins outta all this so that's pretty rad. Guess it ain't so bad.

Volrath
04-21-2019, 12:47 AM
Wow, 500 fights? I can't say I see myself getting that. And I probably shouldn't be spending ironite on the fourth talisman either, not after I used so much to get the Labyrinth set.

Enjoy my Egypt-themed defense, everyone (don't worry no gods, just anubises. Anubi?)

Liebhild
04-21-2019, 01:29 AM
We have been taking in the feedback and do agree that fewer events and releases of content would be ideal. It's a goal we are working towards in the coming months.

-Kaz

Thanks for listening to the players. Only 2 timeconsuming events.

I think all those NF-[moderator] are avoiding every mirror

Azteca
04-21-2019, 02:16 AM
New banner packs are a total scam.

HuckFinn150
04-21-2019, 02:39 AM
I have too many talismans at the moment. Plus, I'm down to 10 SOW. So I can't really participate enough to get a full set. I did my daily battle and the event tab shows every 25 battles gets a talismam. Either way I can't do it. I need to use my sands for gauntlet.

90mphyorker
04-21-2019, 02:40 AM
Anybody else not getting the rewards? Thought I wasn’t after hitting 25 battles and just confirmed it after 50. Recieved no Skill Shard, Frontier Coins on the same as before and Iron Coins only went up by 10.

Amarthir
04-21-2019, 03:27 AM
Got my first 100 fights in there. Done for the day till tomorrow. Not a bad event I think. It's less stressful that you don't have to win them all now so you can just go for anyone. Course I only have one loss so far in 101 battles soo... (。◕‿◕。)

URock
04-21-2019, 06:06 AM
500 fights? No, thanks! Nice weather out there, so no reason to waste life with this boring "AI-playing".
Next month 1000 fights?

Yup
04-21-2019, 08:03 AM
Seems shameful to ask for 500 fights in 6 days when you can only naturally accrue roughly 25-30 SOW a day. (180 fights in 6 days) Goals SHOULD be reachable without any great need t0 spend a lot. Some spending incentive is understood, but 3 times natural levels is considerable. 300 fights would have incentivized some spending and been more player-friendly.

Rain88
04-21-2019, 09:23 AM
Seems shameful to ask for 500 fights in 6 days when you can only naturally accrue roughly 25-30 SOW a day. (180 fights in 6 days) Goals SHOULD be reachable without any great need t0 spend a lot. Some spending incentive is understood, but 3 times natural levels is considerable. 300 fights would have incentivized some spending and been more player-friendly.

Certainly. These arena events are the most time consuming (as you can't do autoplay). The requirements used to be 300 for a long time, which was tolerable. Then this requirement was decreased for like an event or two, which was great. Then the last 2 events requires 500!!! It seems like devs can't make up their mind.
At least the loss would count now but it doesn't affect much the time consumption of this event.

Hopefully the next events will go back to 300 (even 400 is somewhat manageable)

Iced_Earth
04-21-2019, 09:45 AM
no need to do that event and wasting sot, we need them for gauntlet. the talismans seems a bit useless.

SinGularity-8786
04-21-2019, 10:15 AM
i did 9 (nine) arenafights so far. Made me rank #90 at the moment. Looks like no one is participating in this event...

Symbiote
04-21-2019, 12:57 PM
From fucking 300 to 200 where EVERYONE thought you listened to us players.. to now 500..,

Are you serious?

Fuck off, i skip this bullshit.

I'm already thinking the devs aren't trolling us, they are trolling themselves.., maybe they are such SM guys? xD They like all of our Hate and Complains, because they are masochistic.., and to get them they need to be sadistic to us Players. hahahaha

Like others said, spring is here, the sun is shining.., no need to waste my time for such crap. x'D
For everyone who is enjoying this awesome weather, have a good time guys. :)

Edit: Ok, i thought we need 500 WINS.., but it's just play Arena, win or loss doesn't matter.., maybe this is ok, but for my personal taste it's still too much to waste my time for.

Muzzleloader
04-21-2019, 01:47 PM
I dont see any problem with the arena event. If you play 125 battles that is an extra 1K IC. You can use the rest for gauntlet if you so choose. Along with the IC you would earn 120 tailisman frags and a little FC.

Bakura
04-21-2019, 02:06 PM
Yeah, 500 battles is a lot. One can get stressed and burned out with all the pvp battles. At least we had some SoW from the sacrifices (I had about 80.)
Still.... the Banner talis seem kinda weak, plus..... as others have said, save it for the Gauntlet....... Necropolis seems way more important to focus on at the moment. Granted we can get IC in both, so Im not avoiding the event, but after Reaper and Labyrinth talis, it's like "slow down on the talis." They come out faster than I can get them and power them up to max.
An idea for a cool talis set is one that acts like "passive disable" to use on any toon, or at least disable an opponents talisman passive.
My fav is the Alchemy set..... Im kicking myself for not getting a second set.
Good Luck Troopers....... enjoy the nice weather.... go get some Vitamin D from the sun!:cool:

Azteca
04-21-2019, 02:42 PM
Not sitting in all day playing AI arena battles. Rather play pokemon go in the sun with my friends.

Blade
04-22-2019, 10:20 AM
500 battles are really a lot, even though not only wins count. Still you need to sit at the phone very very long. Given the first real hot weather in Europe, this is a bad timing. Will still try to do it and set a fun defense. But still don't know if I will get 500 battles. I really liked the reduction to 200 wins until the second last PvP event.

Volrath
04-22-2019, 01:21 PM
I didn't realize right away that losses counted towards the total, but even so 500 is still more than I'll be able to manage. If I'm aiming for 300 wins, I tend to lose....maybe 30 to 40 times? So even with that in mind, it's still a ton of work. So I'll probably stop at 100 or so, I don't really want any of the talismans if I can't get the whole set.

Natasmai
04-22-2019, 03:14 PM
I didn't realize right away that losses counted towards the total, but even so 500 is still more than I'll be able to manage. If I'm aiming for 300 wins, I tend to lose....maybe 30 to 40 times? So even with that in mind, it's still a ton of work. So I'll probably stop at 100 or so, I don't really want any of the talismans if I can't get the whole set.

You realize that you can go in with a lone low level eddie, push autoplay and let the other team beat you? It takes way less time to do that than try to win some of these battles. I hand the phone off to my little girl and let her lose me a ton of games when Im busy. I just told her click this that and push this play button... have fun.

She jams through a ton of games in no time.

fred10141988
04-22-2019, 03:33 PM
TRUE LEGACY SOUL PACK- Increased chance for Iron Maiden Eddie and an exclusive chance for a full set of Mimic Talismans.
SINGING SOUL PACK - Increased chance for The Madam and an exclusive chance for a full set of Fortune Talismans.
EMBALMED SOUL PACK -Increased chance for Pharaoh Dog King (Assassin) and an exclusive chance for a full set of Warlord Talismans.

We will be offering a variety of Banner Packs in future events, so keep your eyes on the store for new offers!
[/list]

They sucks!

I spent 900 irons to buy EMBALMED SOUL PACK and got no any talisman.

Muzzleloader
04-22-2019, 03:57 PM
Event souls and soul packs are the worst purchase you can make in this game. The only time the event souls are worth it is when then give event frags for the featured toon.

blade685
04-23-2019, 11:40 AM
500 is really too much for 4 talismans, i will not reach it

blade685
04-23-2019, 11:44 AM
Event souls and soul packs are the worst purchase you can make in this game. The only time the event souls are worth it is when then give event frags for the featured toon.

+10...........

R1ck
04-23-2019, 12:26 PM
Although I like the idea of losses counting to get the rewards I don't like it has to be 500 battles. Just because don't like to spend ironite on arena. I would have preferred 300 wins which probably will do this time.

Bakura
04-23-2019, 03:40 PM
You realize that you can go in with a lone low level eddie, push autoplay and let the other team beat you? It takes way less time to do that than try to win some of these battles. I hand the phone off to my little girl and let her lose me a ton of games when Im busy. I just told her click this that and push this play button... have fun.

She jams through a ton of games in no time.
That's awesome, I can imagine your lil' girl having fun earning Daddy some IC etc.
That's funny ... but ingenious... if you have the ironite.

Natasmai
04-23-2019, 03:58 PM
I built up a ton of ironite and SoW from the sac event (spent a lot of gold) then Ive earned a ton of SoT and Gold from the arena event. IMO these events have been doing a reasonable job of balancing resources lately.

I will be hitting 500 battles here in a few minutes... think i have about 8 left

Ip4
04-23-2019, 04:19 PM
I have near 15 battles in this boring arena events...using all resources for gauntlet battles...

Horus-2545
04-23-2019, 08:31 PM
Well, I guess you don't credit for disco inferno Arena ending. I've had 3 straight--on 2 different devices. This is going to make getting to 250 challenging. 500 would be a lot of work. Not worth it for these talismans.

Natasmai
04-23-2019, 10:47 PM
For those interested, I wasn't aware of this, but you are limited to 500 only.

I'm afraid to say this and jinx myself, but I haven't seen the disco bug in months. recently got a new phone and played all 500 of this event on the new phone, still no bug.

Amarthir
04-24-2019, 12:36 AM
Made I'd on my own to round 300 before I decided I didn't care anymore and that I'm just gonna autorun the rest of it.

Yup
04-24-2019, 01:25 AM
I auto run it always... around 230 battles.. and that's after 2 (costly) refills.

This event costs WAY TOO MUCH since there's currently no real way to earn extra SOW and the refills are horrible at only 60 - and the natural cap is 10.. I mean.. 10 REALLY? still?? why not 20-25 at least? The ONLY possible saving grace is the fact that losses count towards the goals.

satani
04-24-2019, 05:25 AM
i reached 250 fights on one device. Now i got the required 5 ice ashes for developing 1 cosmic talisman, but i lack the 2* runes. Now i have to wait to get them and i can get one of these to 3*.
on the other devices, i'm close to 250, but i think, getting the 4 talismans i pretty costly and i won't do it. i'm running low in ironite on two devices already, plus they are onslaught.

Blade
04-24-2019, 07:52 AM
and the natural cap is 10.. I mean.. 10 REALLY? still?? why not 20-25 at least? The ONLY possible saving grace is the fact that losses count towards the goals.

Completely agree. We saw an increase for the SoT cap recently, which was very nice but also very late. Should have been done when BNW came out. In my opinion that cap increase is overdue for SoW since the introduction of Gauntlet.

kgk56
04-24-2019, 08:15 AM
I personnaly think it's not half bad event : I got a new talisman (T1 purple ATK x MAG), lots of IC (almost have done with Assassin relics), and soon reaching the 500. I have seen worse

MetalKing
04-24-2019, 11:48 AM
For some, the event might not fill their needs. For me, however, it's a great event. I can earn sow from the daily quests, farm frontier coins, and earn some talismans along the way. I'm 65 frontier coins from Alexander. I also found out the team I just threw together specificly for the event and have been using is quite good.

Muzzleloader
04-24-2019, 02:34 PM
I dont see where anyone can really complain about the arena event. By adding losses to count toward the goals it just adds to the nice IC that is possible to earn. The talisman frags and SS can be helpful to many players.

Horus-2545
04-24-2019, 02:39 PM
Yeah--I really don't think this is too bad of an event. I made 250 yesterday, and because I played so many teams, I stumbled upon a really good offensive team. You get a lot of IC (which I could use) and FC. It is certainly a lot more work than a dungeon event. It even gives some shards--which from my perspective is the hardest commodity in the game to obtain. Even this past sacrifice event was pretty stingy with the shards.

Blade
04-24-2019, 03:10 PM
The fact that also losses count give a lot more options how to deal with this event, depending on your goals and e.g. how much time you have. Still 500 fights need to be done and without auto-replay it means a lot of sitting, watching and tapping. I can understand that many people don't like it and hence don't participate. But if you watch TV in the evening or play something at the computer, it's easy to do auto arena battles alongside.
I found some fun in getting smashed down to low ranks around 1000-2000, where I have not been for years. If my fun defense gets not beaten up enough, I can even decide to lose some matches on purpose to drop down. It is really interesting to see the team setups "down there" and the fights are normally ultra quick of course, so one can even level up 1-2 characters if needed.
Downside of this is the high SoW demand and that you only get 10 IC per win instead of the 13-15 I normally get, but this is evened out by the rewards, at least a bit.
To me the cosmic stuff is most valuable in this event (and of course the IC along).

Yup
04-24-2019, 05:36 PM
The problem is if you have a life that precludes you playing 24/7 or at least 1-2 hours 3 or 4 times a day.. you simply don't have the time for events like this. It's not like you can put the "game" away for 16 hours and even come close to the achievements. In general, it REQUIRES you to play at least a few minutes within every 10 hours to empty some SOW so they refill. And if you don't use mega refills, you'll most likely not get a talisman set.

The lower achievements are good. It's the 500 needed for talismans that's bad. The 250 for a catalyst soul is good. The talismans should have dropped every 50 or even 75 battles.

But, from what I've read here. the talismans kind of suck anyway.

Rory
04-24-2019, 07:04 PM
I found some fun in getting smashed down to low ranks around 1000-2000, where I have not been for years. If my fun defense gets not beaten up enough, I can even decide to lose some matches on purpose to drop down.

I've been purposefully losing as well. Got down to the rank of "the damned", lol. Couldn't drop any further because of my worst eddie being a 3-star level 6 Run to the Hills Eddie. even with no talismans, he's tough enough that I stop losing.

Then I put my normal team back on, and shoot back up the rankings, lol. I keep a 1 eddie defence though, so other people can earn more iron coins by defeating me.

I have a huuuuge stack of sands of war though. I think it's because outside of events, and the daily mission, I don't really play the arena, and it just piles up faster than I use it. Had 1100 piled up, currently 900ish. This is the most I've spent in the arena. Think it's because of the "losses count for event goal" thing.

Muzzleloader
04-24-2019, 07:24 PM
Rory, if I were you and had the time I would use those SoW during this event. It would be a way to earn a cosmic talisman and a few cosmic evo materials. The IC you earn you could buy relics or other purchasable items or save them for future events. I dont know if you want a set of talisman from the current event.

Rory
04-24-2019, 07:44 PM
Yep. That's what I've been doing. Am about 330ish battles into the event. so, only 170ish left to get all the rewards. Definitely seeing what some people have mentioned, about the amount of concentration or time required to keep pressing the buttons though.

Diamondhead2112
04-24-2019, 08:06 PM
I’m going for 250 for the catalyst soul then stopping. The talisman set doesn’t seem worth the effort.

Warlord
04-24-2019, 11:59 PM
have finish every event... but this one heck no.. 500 is way to much 300 for the Tails would be great and have extra rewards to keep going..

Natasmai
04-25-2019, 12:07 PM
Yep. That's what I've been doing. Am about 330ish battles into the event. so, only 170ish left to get all the rewards. Definitely seeing what some people have mentioned, about the amount of concentration or time required to keep pressing the buttons though.

you literally have to push "battle" then "battle" then "autoplay"

I did it while i was working (desk job at a computer). It took almost no attention or effort at all. You win, or you lose... still counts. And you dont have to "play" the fight.

I do not understand AT ALL why anyone is complaining about this event (ok, i understand that not everyone has the ability to play at work like this, but still...). Other than having to buy SoW if they didnt earn enough during the sac event... I didnt need to buy any, but I did need to buy it now that i am trying to finish up my gauntlet. Once you get above AAA it gets pretty costly per fight.

Lthepostman
04-27-2019, 12:08 PM
Ok I think it's time to implement an autoplay for pvp that lasts through battles without having to touch the screen everytime, including an option to repeat the same battle in case you loss. It is absolutely needed for events like this. 500 battles are a lot, even including losses. I know that another autoplay system would make the game even more mechanical, but grind events somehow require this.

Kurzgesagt
04-27-2019, 03:22 PM
Ok I think it's time to implement an autoplay for pvp that lasts through battles without having to touch the screen everytime, including an option to repeat the same battle in case you loss. It is absolutely needed for events like this. 500 battles are a lot, even including losses. I know that another autoplay system would make the game even more mechanical, but grind events somehow require this.

I'm totally against implementing autoplay in PvP. In PvE matches it is quite useful, since it is a dull thing to have to make everything with the cell phone always in hand and disturbing you in studies and work, but in PvP? PvP is the essence of LotB for me. All you do in this game is for duel against other players in PvP. Putting up an autoplay system will leave the game completely uninteresting.

MuzakMaker
04-27-2019, 07:49 PM
I'm totally against implementing autoplay in PvP. In PvE matches it is quite useful, since it is a dull thing to have to make everything with the cell phone always in hand and disturbing you in studies and work, but in PvP? PvP is the essence of LotB for me. All you do in this game is for duel against other players in PvP. Putting up an autoplay system will leave the game completely uninteresting.

Maybe for you PvP is the essence, but to PvP is just a place to display how lucky you are or how big your wallet is. If you didn't get the everything from the last event you might as well not even try for anything above Duelist 1.

I don't even touch PvP outside of the events aside from my 1 battle a day to complete daily challenges. An autoplay of sorts would definetly be useful for X number of battles events but when they require wins, I'm not trusting my few sands of war to this game's AI.

Yup
04-27-2019, 08:04 PM
I already auto PvP.. you simply have to hit the auto button after the match loads. It would be great if there was an option to simply turn on auto PvP... hit the "battle" button, then wait for the end screen.

Rain88
04-27-2019, 09:34 PM
The autoplay definitely won't work and won't solve anything for these events. Instead, it's very simple, decrease this ridiculous 500 requirement

rags-6094
04-27-2019, 09:58 PM
The autoplay definitely won't work and won't solve anything for these events. Instead, it's very simple, decrease this ridiculous 500 requirement

What? Really? 500 is a half what was once attainable! I just did it and was surprised to see all the achievements grey out upon completion....
I will admit it does cost a bit, not everyone is willing to give up that many sow refills in ironite or the time.

I have never autoplayed my way through the arena before, but AI really does work, it has already made its mind up before the game has started who is going to win anyway so it’s fruitless to manually try to change the outcome, I would say it is at least equal to the best attack stat I’ve ever achieved... not as much fun though:(

Bakura
04-27-2019, 11:31 PM
At least this event (500 battles) was win or lose, it counted towards event achievements. I mostly did manual battles and did auto on 30+ battles with a lone Gangland Ed, just to hit the mark, still powering up the Banner talis. The IC are worth it for those of us still trying to get ALL the relics. For less advanced teams, I can see how auto isn't beneficial, I only do it at the lower ranks, but for Troopers who have been here since day 1 ( Stormseye, Yup, Rags, etc.) who have all the relics, they are powerful enough that auto play would be a benefit.
Good Luck to all Troopers!!!

Symbiote
04-28-2019, 11:32 AM
What an awesome Event!

I did a total of 7 arena fights, 6 wins, and one loss just to test if it counts.

Really nice Event guys, from 300 to 200 to 500. AWESOME!

Lthepostman
04-28-2019, 01:27 PM

Honestly I find it hard to see pvp as a valuable and entertaining part of the game at the moment. Always the same 6-8 characters, with the same talismans. All the teams (below rank 250) are nearly equally strong and you just try to get the luck of the coin toss. No real planning and effort in the whole thing. I only see some light in the gauntlet, where at a certain point you are forced to use different combinations, and in special events where a some kind of strategy is required. I put all my hopes in future updates, like the silent planet. Anyway 500 hundred battles are way too much. I know that you could lose, but it's absurd to force players to lose to complete an achievement. I tried to do it seriously but stopped near 350 and couldn't complete the entire set. This really pisses me off :mad: