PDA

View Full Version : Detuned characters??????

HuckFinn150
04-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed a detuning of characters? I've noticed my hardest hitting on having more difficulty winning in all but the easiest of situations. I've not changed anything since last week and have not had trouble until just now when I was doing my skull quests.....

Amarthir
04-21-2019, 07:59 PM
Depends on who you mean.

Yup
04-21-2019, 09:46 PM
They "tweak" things with EVERY update. Sometimes not characters specifically (although they do that as well), but how ATK/DEF of the Ai teams relate to players in terms of Relics or just general strength. What may be fairly easy now can be more challenging after the next update. Since April's update just happened.. well.....

Note they'll also use upcoming talisman sets on AI teams that players can not gain.

HuckFinn150
04-21-2019, 10:42 PM
I've been running the skill quests with NotB Eddie, Ferryman and Prisoner. All have been strong enough to run with no issues on auto since I got the Eddie. Today even the Talismam Horde and Gold and Souls gave me a struggle. I couldn't auto any longer and it seemed it took 3 run each section to advance. Yesterday I could advance with Eddie and Ferryman basic move only. I never needed to use the Prisoner before today and today struggled to keep him and Eddie alive.

kkkreg5
04-21-2019, 11:43 PM
I run Benny, KP and Prisoner. Safe to auto all except Gold & Soul Vault.

HuckFinn150
04-21-2019, 11:57 PM
I was running Benji and switched to NotB once I leveled him up. I've always been able to auto since getting the Gold And Soul until today. That's what threw me off and made me wonder if something happened last night it this morning. I switched Eddie to Crusader and was able to auto again, but even her struggled. I'll try Benji again tomorrow and see how he does.

Amarthir
04-22-2019, 01:19 AM
I started using Benji Raven Witch and Set for the Vault. Haven't had a loss yet since Set has Labyrinth talismans.

For all other skull quests I use navigator eddie, Raven Witch and Killer Prime. Never had a loss before.

HuckFinn150
04-22-2019, 01:32 AM
I noticed even my FFE doesn't hurt as hard. I've yet to aquire the witch due to an error in the game and my thinking it would be fixed before the event ends. I never wanted Set. I couldn't get beyond the bird dog. I've not had any issues going through the skull quests until today. I've not purchased not going to purchase the temporary relics, and feel this is what has changed. I'll know as soon as they are gone. I'm not interested in the new events other than the witch. I'll have to wait until she comes in heroics or some other soul, as my stole was depleted due to the game bug and my over zealous desire to get her. Oh well, live and learn. I'm about done with the game as it is. I think it's time for a long break..... Time will tell.

Bakura
04-22-2019, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I've been noticing the last couple of weeks that FFE, especially his fury move, seems weak and converts buffs to negs less than before.
And for the same reasons and issues you and others mentioned, I find myself not playing this game as much. Getting less for the money, un-fixed bugs, items/toons not working as described.
Geez, Ass.Banshee still puts on perf. immortality AFTER she attacks, when the description states otherwise....... sucks against sleep/ thorn shields, and Ass. Hellraiser etc.

Yup
04-22-2019, 03:35 AM
Best I can figure is EACH and EVERY battle has a difficulty setting ranging between something like 1 and 4... each time the battle loads it randomly picks the difficulty level. These levels don't vary widely, but they do vary in difficulty/accuracy, ATK, DEF, etc. This is why a battle one time can be dead easy, the next time much more difficult all while you use the same characters.

Blade
04-22-2019, 10:10 AM
I can't confirm a damage reduction for my characters. But with one of the recent updates, the AI accuracy buff was increased a bit (and maybe the player's one was reduced by some 5%). Magus Lilith extra turns were a very good hint for that.
I also think there is something true with yup's theory, as sometimes fights against the same players and characters turn out differently regarding difficulty and proc rates.
@huck: the raven lady is in all souls of the right type. I would think that mythics have the best drop chance given the relatively small character pool for assassin!
Also when I looked through your team's I noticed that many wear non-maxed Talis and often of the wrong damage type. Your NotB Ed (I want him too bad!!) only has yellow and purple Talis, these don't help very much to survive if you don't bring a blocker! The very last SQ is hard and as far as I have seen it is not possible to win it without giving the AI some turns on auto play, so your builds must be able to take some damage!
Cheers

Blade
04-22-2019, 10:13 AM
I forgot: Bakura, are you sure? I could not test it against these shields you mentioned, but in many other situations (also the new Labyrinth Set) it works fine for me, giving the Immunity first!

HuckFinn150
04-22-2019, 10:56 AM
@blade I've tried him with strike and other talismans, but the Angel and Hex seen to do more damage for me. Not sure what to run. I try to max each skill and get the special as well. Yes, not many of my realise are maxed. Still working on that task. I have enough to max a team if needed, but only gauntlet have I had to do this. I've been working on upgrading to the new talismams for all my toons. It seems the old ones like holy, strength etc. don't work that well anymore. I might have been mistaken here.

Blade
04-22-2019, 11:11 AM
In my opinion, NotB Ed is very good for PvP so I would not use him for farming. Navigator (Chance/Fate) is still the optimum for me as he is quick and reliable in doing damage to all enemies. Only Beast Ed is similar but he likes to use his power move that does not deal damage too often. I want quick farming as I don't have that much free time.
You can build NotB to deal huge damage, but then you need to bring a blocker, otherwise he dies. Also the Talis setup should always fit to your other allies and their setups. Soo many options, chose what fits your strategy. And try to avoid boosting wrong damage type, also for your shared Champion! Hope that helps!

kkkreg5
04-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Best I can figure is EACH and EVERY battle has a difficulty setting ranging between something like 1 and 4... each time the battle loads it randomly picks the difficulty level. These levels don't vary widely, but they do vary in difficulty/accuracy, ATK, DEF, etc. This is why a battle one time can be dead easy, the next time much more difficult all while you use the same characters.

Gotta agree with this and I suppose this is why I can't auto Vault. I'll get 3-4 wins, then a loss and there goes 50 ironite for a revive... so still play Vault manually.

Natasmai
04-22-2019, 03:29 PM
Gotta agree with this and I suppose this is why I can't auto Vault. I'll get 3-4 wins, then a loss and there goes 50 ironite for a revive... so still play Vault manually.

Dont ever pay 50 ironite to revive in that skull quest.... just lose and rerun it. 8 SoT is way cheaper than 50 ironite!

I use Benny with Angel & Titan, KP with Warlord Immunity & Sustaining, and Prisoner with Primordial for the Vault and auto every time. I have had the occasional weird failure, but it is usually when the entire enemy team focuses on eddie and is able to remove all of his buffs somehow. I haven't really paid attention close enough to figure it out, but it is maybe 1 in 20 runs.

Regarding the original topic, I didnt have any issues with Skull Quests, but I normally farm my troopers on Night City Savage Reapers Madness. I use FFE + KP + any guy to level up. Those 2 characters can clear Savage Reapers by themselves without fail. Yesterday I couldnt clear it at all, no matter what i tried. I even added other max level characters. Eventually I added Prisoner and I was able to auto-farm all night no problems.

So definitely something weird there.

kkkreg5
04-22-2019, 04:15 PM
Dont ever pay 50 ironite to revive in that skull quest.... just lose and rerun it. 8 SoT is way cheaper than 50 ironite!

I use Benny with Angel & Titan, FFE with Warlord Immunity & Sustaining, and Prisoner with Primordial for the Vault and auto every time.

I learned my lesson.

Do you switch Edds mid run? I'm guessing you meant KP not FFE...

Natasmai
04-22-2019, 05:23 PM
I learned my lesson.

Do you switch Edds mid run? I'm guessing you meant KP not FFE...

Ooops, yeah KP not FFE

Yup
04-22-2019, 06:05 PM
For the vault I'll use NotBE, KP and the Witch.... No losses (yet).. can swap the Witch for Baroness, Musashi (alchemy), Osiris, etc. The Witch just makes it faster.

And yeah.. NEVER revive in a skull quest. They don't "lock" if you lose. You can rerun it.

Blade
04-22-2019, 08:56 PM
After I played all SQ on auto today, I did not see any problems - don't know what's going on then. Vault is done with Alex, KP and Ferryman, everything else with Navi, KP + random character (e.g. non-eddie-troopers).

In the beginning I also thought SQ would be locked if you lose, but it isn't. Hence revive is not needed - given you don't use a Trooper there!

HuckFinn150
04-22-2019, 10:21 PM
I switched to Benji, Freeman and Prisoner and was able to auto vault. I added NotB Eddie as my champion so people can try him out. I'm open to suggestions, but after numerous combos I stopped at Angel and Hex.

ian16
04-22-2019, 11:58 PM
Hi guys , my team for vault is pretty simple and effective and i use for NC farming too : KP (warlord/sust./immu.) DDE (mark/fate) M Lilit (fortune/immu) maybe my defensive relics made a good diference but i never get close to lose in vault or any other NC level or difficulty. (all on auto)

Bakura
04-23-2019, 03:59 AM
I forgot: Bakura, are you sure? I could not test it against these shields you mentioned, but in many other situations (also the new Labyrinth Set) it works fine for me, giving the Immunity first!

Yeah, Ass. Banshee's immunity seems to work ok against Labrynth, but as I said previously certain characters like Ass. Hellraiser and certain shields, immunity is applied after the attack (too late.) I've attached a pic showing her up against Madame's sleep shield.
Sidenote: I've got issues editing posts from my phone. I posted this before, but forgot to include your quote, when I went to edit, just tapping my text causes instant delete.
I had a comment on the FFE fury move, but don't feel like typing it all again.
I say this, cuz others thought the Devs were deleting posts, but it's just operator error on a Samsung.:(5451

Killer-Frost
04-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Vault run I use Virtual XI Eddie (primordials) Killer Prime (mark/energy) and set (labyrinth, cosmic). Haven't lost once with this setup. If i really didn't want to lose, id switch with grim reaper eddie for alchemy talisman. But that point hasn't happened yet due to XI's ability to grant perfect force shield along with the already OP labyrinth talisman.

Blade
04-23-2019, 12:50 PM
Yeah, Ass. Banshee's immunity seems to work ok against Labrynth, but as I said previously certain characters like Ass. Hellraiser and certain shields, immunity is applied after the attack (too late.) I've attached a pic showing her up against Madame's sleep shield.

Thanks for sharing! This should help the devs to fix this issue! We could collect more details in this thread for situation where it works correctly and where it fails. So everyone is invited to participate!

Blade
04-23-2019, 06:37 PM
I have to take back my post saying that I see no difference in the skull quests. My standard team that never lost before just failed in the Vault and also the next try needed a lot of luck to get through (on auto). Something is happening under the hood!

HuckFinn150
04-23-2019, 07:36 PM
That's what I think

HuckFinn150
04-24-2019, 09:20 PM
Strange, now I can't even get through the Vault on manual. Yesterday I could auto it with Benji, Prisoner and Ferryman. This game has become so unpredictable.

HuckFinn150
04-24-2019, 09:35 PM
I went back in and was able to go back to basic moves with NotB, Prisoner and Ferryman. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I can auto again......

druid138
04-24-2019, 09:36 PM
I have to take back my post saying that I see no difference in the skull quests. My standard team that never lost before just failed in the Vault and also the next try needed a lot of luck to get through (on auto). Something is happening under the hood!

I lost twice on the Vault today. I assumed it was just a fluke, but maybe not?

Yup
04-24-2019, 11:21 PM
Like I posted :) each battle has it's own difficulty level. It's random as to how hard the battle may be. The difficulties don't swing wildly, but they do enough to cause things to not work as anticipated.

It could be anything like...

1) AI strength matches player strength + 20% accuracy
2) AI has 15% more relic boost per relic than player + 15% accuracy boost
3 ) AI has 50% more relic boost per relic than player + 15% accuracy boost

There's no telling.. but fight the SAME battle with the SAME characters and the SAME talismans enough times and it's clear that the AI teams are changing in strength to a degree, above and beyond any accuracy boost. Not enough that it's readily apparent. But enough to possibly cause a loss every now and then.

The skull vault seems to be the biggest battle doing this, or with the largest difficulty swing. I can auto it for days.. then lose, sometimes more than once. There's no other cause for the loss than the fact that the battle itself has boosted the AI team in some way - made them stronger, made them smarter, something.