PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Prisoner Passive

Horus-2545
04-22-2019, 06:23 PM
I just had an arena battle. I was against Assassin Banshee, Magus Lilith, Madam and Breeg
I had Alex Eddie, Musashi, Prisoner and Sentinel Derby. Fully sharded. Solid talismans.
I had just had to draw against that difficult team (Lilith had Fortune and Sentinel talismans). So, I tried the Prisoner, thinking it would shut down the Banshee and Lilith passives. No such luck. I could no damage. Any thoughts?

Yup
04-22-2019, 06:49 PM
The Prisoner's passive only hits ONE random enemy each turn after the first turn (and there's no buff to tell you WHICH enemy it may be present on - BUG). If that enemy has Immunity or Perfect Immunity (PI), the passive will fail. Since A Banshee grants PI every turn, it is possible to NEVER disable a passive after the first turn if you don't have an ally capable of removing PI. And in that instance you must remove PI on the RANDOm enemy The Prisoner want's to disable. So ... it's a crap shoot unless you can remove PI from all enemies before the prisoner's passive per turn kicks in. Nothing on your team removes PI (unless the Derby Demon does, I can't remember her abilities specifically).

Also if Lilith has Fortune talismans, any passive disable which may be present is removed the moment she takes damage.

Natasmai
04-23-2019, 11:50 AM
The best thing to do with Fortune is apply heal block with one toon, then do a single massive attack with a second toon. A multi-hitter will give that many more chances of the fortune talis to cleanse the heal block and then you are back to square one, so it has to be a single big hit.

Obviously this means you either need to disable or kill the banshee first. So in the fight you describe, you need to remove PI on both the assassin banshee and Lilith with one character, passive disable the banshee with a second, heal block lilith with a third, and finally, kill lilith with your final character.

This is why Arena is complete garbage. they release all these OP toons and talisman and it makes it impossible to kill 1 character without a perfect built team. then what happens if you need entirely different abilities to kill the rest of the team?

personally, right now the most annoying thing is (obviously) Labyrinth Talisman. Ive run across multiple teams with 2 toons with these talisman and it is so dumb. You need to have a multi-stunner than can reliably stun them every turn so that you can just take as long as it takes to finally kill them. Im assuming stacking burns would do it, as I dont think the burns damage is prevented?

Horus-2545
04-23-2019, 08:41 PM
Natasmai--you have that figured out! And thanks Yup! I hate dealing with Blue Lilith teams, but this one with the Banshee and then Breeg. Impossible. I'm wondering why anyone would have such a defense in an arena event. I must be the only player stupid enough to even try to go against that team, but at least it is good practice for some of the impossibilities in the Gauntlet. :) OP talismans kind of ruin the game.