PDA

View Full Version : Absent Dawn (Skull Quest) - Battle in Skull Quests for a set of new Viper Talismans!

Leviathan
04-25-2019, 12:27 AM

Earn new 5-set Viper Talismans!

From now until May 1st at 5PM PDT, complete Event Challenges in Skull Quests to earn a full set of Viper Talismans, and other valuable rewards!

Viper Talismans are red talismans with a 5 set effect. Equip them to reduce all damage taken by 60%, and gain a 75% chance to counter an enemy when attacked. These talismans also give you an 85% chance to inflict Perfect Bleed on each enemy for 2 turns every turn, and a 35% chance to inflict Perfect Corruption and Perfect Disable on each enemy for 2 turns every turn.

During this event, Skull Quests will also be granting 1 bonus reward, in addition to normal level rewards. Bonus rewards include, Ironite, Gold, Necropolis Soul Fragments, Skill Shards and more!

Looking for another set of Viper Talismans?

Viper Talismans are also obtainable from the store for Ironite or IAP. You can get two talismans to finish making a set for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Viper Talismans), and if you’d like to get a full set of the talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an IAP.

Update - April 26 9:00am PT The Viper Talisman and Gangster Packs should now be showing up on Apple devices! Thank you everyone for your patience. If you are not seeing the packs appear, try force closing and reopening the game. This should get them to pop!

Yup
04-25-2019, 12:31 AM
As stated before.. Viper talismans are overpowered.

But I will say that the fact that pretty much everyone at a certain play level (with the skull quests unlocked) will get a set without any additional effort is a plus.

rags-6094
04-25-2019, 12:37 AM
So have you bought your set yet Yup?

Yup
04-25-2019, 12:39 AM
Nope :) Are they for sale too? Not in my "store"

rags-6094
04-25-2019, 12:39 AM
Yeah not too bad either, the 675 ironite makes it worth while to me..

I just read that too but when I checked they were there...
Maybe their gone now I’ll check after I’ve farmed a few troopers...!

Yup
04-25-2019, 12:41 AM
No idea what you're referring to :) I don't see Viper's anywhere other than the event rewards listings.

oh....

Important Note: The Viper Talisman Packs are not currently displaying properly in store. We have temporarily removed these items while we work on a solution. We will update this post when we have more information!

rags-6094
04-25-2019, 12:44 AM
Under events tab in store, mine are still there, I’m looking at then right now!

Yup
04-25-2019, 12:45 AM
Maybe on Android.. not on my iOS device though.

rags-6094
04-25-2019, 12:50 AM
Just bought the pack, trying them out now, I suspect your right, way over powered. I’ll set Alex as my trooper so you can check em out...

Yup
04-25-2019, 01:02 AM
yeah overpowered.. perfect bleed, perfect passive disable, perfect corruption every turn... yeah.. overpowered. And that's not even taking any damage.... (because I ran Powerslave where everyone is dead in 1 hit:) )

But Like I posted, everyone will have a set by the end of the event... if they ever show up in the store for everyone, then many will have 2 sets. So is that 4 instanced of Perfect Bleed for 2 turns, 2 instances of Perfect Corruption and Perfect Passive Disable for 2 turns?? If they stack giving a 60%+ chance of these silver buffs being inflicted, people are going to biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, like they did with primordials.

rags-6094
04-25-2019, 01:06 AM
I’m taking a leaf out of your book and run my troopers on Night city these days, I want to pull in a stack of gold after the sac event pulled my gold stash down a fair bit...

My problem with these 5 set Talisman is I don’t have a completed cosmic Talisman to complement any one of my characters.
I’m kinda wondering if the lack of red eyes on my maxed Talisman characters is a disadvantage to me...?

Leviathan
04-25-2019, 01:13 AM
Hello everyone!

The Viper Talisman Packs have been switched back on for Android players. Due to an issue with Apple, the Viper Talisman packs are not yet showing for iOS users. We hope to have them showing in the store on Apple devices as soon as possible. Stay tuned for further updates.

rags-6094
04-25-2019, 01:16 AM
Another example of Androids superiority (just joking)....lol:D

Yup
04-25-2019, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the update, Leviathan.

@Rags.. I'm actually running Powerslave/BNW recently because I have no 2 star evo runes damnit!!!! And they drop at horribly low rates everywhere.

rags-6094
04-25-2019, 01:30 AM
I feel your pain I’m running very low on 3 * purple runes atm....
B.t.w your defence right now showed total domination of me last time I tried....
I didn’t even survive one round...
The last thing we needed was those with notb ed having access to a 5 set warrior Talisman....

Yup
04-25-2019, 01:33 AM
Well he can't :) NotB has 2 purple, 1 yellow slot. But... Sehmet... Deadalus... Samurai... Alex... yeah the meta will change :) Charlote.. immunity to silvers and then casting those.. yeah.... she's gunna be seen more often.

rags-6094
04-25-2019, 01:34 AM
That’s good to know! Many Thanks! I may be competitive for a little while longer then....!:cool:

Muzzleloader
04-25-2019, 01:34 AM
I remember a few months back when I suggested to have talisman with disable passive, the comments were they were not needed. Now everyone will want a set.

The purchasable toon was such a great hit you will be seeing them in the future.

I am still reading the board, but dont really miss the game. Just keeping up for my nephew. He's playing arena, but not much more than the few troopers left.

rags-6094
04-25-2019, 01:38 AM
What do you mean just the few troopers left ML?

R1ck
04-25-2019, 01:55 AM
Gangland Eddie for usd 20, anyone has him already.

Yup
04-25-2019, 02:07 AM
Well.. there's nothing new for IOS people.. seems they hosed the store aspect for this rollover somehow.

rags-6094
04-25-2019, 02:13 AM
It’s a 3* Eddie (gunner I think) costs a fair bit considering what little else you get with it...
Only available for 5 days, hopefully it will turn up on the normal souls soon, as stated earlier today... for me I think I’ll wait for this one...

Yup
04-25-2019, 02:49 AM
hopefully it will turn up on the normal souls soon

Don't be too sure. that wolfhound still hasn't appeared anywhere.

Muzzleloader
04-25-2019, 02:51 AM
If you look at the challenges they are different for each skull quest, not cummulative.

GotN
04-25-2019, 09:23 AM
Thanks for putting the 5th talisman in the vault surely many haven’t opened. Strong get stronger, weak fell behind...

SinGularity-8786
04-25-2019, 09:57 AM
Where will this lead to? What will be next? Do i need an additional screen in the future just to read all the descriptions on actions, passives, talismans etc...? :cool:

kgk56
04-25-2019, 10:53 AM
Well those viper will replace the alchemy set ... I suspect it were nerfed : it doesn't cleanse doom anymore :(

Natasmai
04-25-2019, 11:34 AM
It’s a 3* Eddie (gunner I think) costs a fair bit considering what little else you get with it...
Only available for 5 days, hopefully it will turn up on the normal souls soon, as stated earlier today... for me I think I’ll wait for this one...

That offer popped up for me last night and then immediately disappeared. Hasnt returned since. Maybe it was a mistake and it is something that should be released next month? I havent seen any info on the eddie character posted either?

Thanks for the update, Leviathan.

@Rags.. I'm actually running Powerslave/BNW recently because I have no 2 star evo runes damnit!!!! And they drop at horribly low rates everywhere.

I have been farming Savage Reapers in Night City (very first battle) on Madness. It drops a good amount of 4star talismans to sell and it seems to drop the 2 star colorless evos for talismans pretty often as well. Might be a reasonable middle ground for you between good gold return and still getting the materials you need.

For other people... its a pretty easy farm for a night city run, for those who have trouble farming night city.

I gives about 22k gold per 8 SoT

Shaolin85london
04-25-2019, 11:48 AM
If you look at the challenges they are different for each skull quest, not cummulative.

Well those viper will replace the alchemy set ... I suspect it were nerfed : it doesn't cleanse doom anymore :(

Actually a fix for doom itself did occur:

Blade
04-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Actually a fix for doom itself did occur:

Good point! Likely, this was the reason why doom sometimes was cleansed by the Alchemy set, kgk! But it never should do so.

Mizrael
04-25-2019, 11:55 AM
so...when can we actually expect those challenges everyone talks about? there sure ain’t any on my version...

Shaolin85london
04-25-2019, 12:08 PM
Alchemist back on track I guess

kgk56
04-25-2019, 12:17 PM
Good point! Likely, this was the reason why doom sometimes was cleansed by the Alchemy set, kgk! But it never should do so.

This sucks ... was among my defense against Ferryman as it was cleansed all the time (not sometimes)

gogosox40
04-25-2019, 03:44 PM
Thanks for putting the 5th talisman in the vault surely many haven’t opened. Strong get stronger, weak fell behind...

Actually you can buy 2 viper talismans for 500 Ironite in the store so they essentially can get the full set

GotN
04-25-2019, 04:46 PM
Actually you can buy 2 viper talismans for 500 Ironite in the store so they essentially can get the full set

Where do you see this? No viper talisman here for ironit! But Gangland Ed is also not in my store, so I’m not wondering about this. Is nobody else having this issue? DEVS can you please look into this?!?

Yup
04-25-2019, 04:57 PM
I'm still not seeing anything here either GotN -- they CLEARLY have not fix the iOS issues.... 8+ hours later.

Muzzleloader
04-25-2019, 04:57 PM
The talisman are under the event tab in the store. Gangland Eddie is not in the store, it is under the gangster pack on the right side of the main screen.

Yup
04-25-2019, 05:04 PM
Muzzleloadder... not for iOS.. only on Android. Apparently only Android users get the new stuff.

Muzzleloader
04-25-2019, 05:15 PM
Yup, do you have the skull quest missions?

Yup
04-25-2019, 05:25 PM
Yes I have the events... but there's no Ganster Ed on the home screen and no Viper talismans in the store. All my "purchasable" items look the same as they did before yesterday's rollover.

Leviathan posted that there was an issue with Apple.. but I'd have thought 8+ hours later they'd have sorted it by now.

R1ck
04-25-2019, 05:58 PM
The Talisman hoard skull quest I just cleared didn't count in the event tab. Anyone with the same problem? Will have to send a ticket, suppose.

Mizrael
04-25-2019, 06:06 PM
Yes I have the events... but there's no Ganster Ed on the home screen and no Viper talismans in the store. All my "purchasable" items look the same as they did before yesterday's rollover.

Leviathan posted that there was an issue with Apple.. but I'd have thought 8+ hours later they'd have sorted it by now.

Seems like even the iOS versions differ...
All i have is the commercial popup in the News, but no challenges and neither do i get any extra rewards from SQ. maybe because i don’t know what i’m supposed to accomplish?

Muzzleloader
04-25-2019, 06:13 PM
Mizrael, the missions are to compete each skull quest X number of times, no restrictions. The event lasts one week, I believe the top 3 skull quests need to be completed 6 times.

Yup
04-25-2019, 06:24 PM
Seems like even the iOS versions differ...
All i have is the commercial popup in the News, but no challenges and neither do i get any extra rewards from SQ. maybe because i don’t know what i’m supposed to accomplish?

Interesting. I assume you relaunched the game since the rollover?

I have the challenges and am halfway through most of them. But that's the only new aspect since yesterday's rollover.

Mizrael
04-25-2019, 06:35 PM
The game is so unstable atm. that it resets on its own every 2min. in various menus, before arena battle, during arena battle, after arena battle aso.

I even shut the phone down to clear the cache and keep checking the app store every hour for possible updates...
Nothing!

Player1293
04-25-2019, 06:45 PM
Still no packs or gangland Eddie offer. should I redownload?

Leviathan
04-25-2019, 07:37 PM
Still no packs or gangland Eddie offer. should I redownload?

Hello Player1293,

If you are on iOS the Viper Talismans and Gangster packs are not yet available due to an issue with Apple. We hope to have them showing in the store on Apple devices as soon as possible. We'll update this thread when we have more info!

Player1293
04-25-2019, 07:50 PM
ok thanks!

Natasmai
04-25-2019, 08:02 PM
I got a great idea! Lets create a bunch of "for cash only" items that we can sell to hopefully make enough money to keep the company afloat for another month or two!

*puts them in store, but no one can actually buy them*

Well, that didnt work, no one bought them... :-/

The incompetence apparently doesnt just affect the players it would seem.

Mizrael
04-25-2019, 08:42 PM
I got a great idea! Lets create a bunch of "for cash only" items that we can sell to hopefully make enough money to keep the company afloat for another month or two!

*puts them in store, but no one can actually buy them*

Well, that didnt work, no one bought them... :-/

The incompetence apparently doesnt just affect the players it would seem.

HAHAHAAA! Well put!

Hand on heart: I have never in my life seen a developer studio which had so little idea about their own game after almost 3 years of constantly working on it...besides of the Neartoskillsofa Frog studios that is, of course. (and i have played mmos on servers run by one man!)

Yeah,yeah,blah blah,fanboys (before you start to blame it on apple and pear): it’s not just the inability to put the new files into the servers (i was dreading every monthly update for over two years with hopes that i will be able to log back in at all).
it’s also the lack of understanding of the mechanics of the game. as a few examples: first blood skill (ancient bug which was around for years), prisoners passive, every new Eddie since the BoS tour (super OP or a “collection filling bench warmer”...nothing in between), release of the alpha Primordial set along side with the Eclipse set (both 5 tali sets but one could grant Shroud to the whole team and the other just to the wearer?! were they designed by the same person? is he sane? is he blind?), all the new sets adding more and more chaos into the buff xmass tree festival, the new P2W feel to the game, aso, aso...

Thanks again for putting it short, Natasmai ;)

Edit: on a positive note...i reinstalled the whole app and can see the event challenges now. sadly i have finished all for today before and now it says “0/6 and 6 days left” so i guess i’m screwed...

Yup
04-25-2019, 09:00 PM
ya know.... it COULD be that Apple has an issue with how their "loot box" is working.....

GotN
04-25-2019, 10:54 PM
If you are on iOS the Viper Talismans and Gangster packs are not yet available due to an issue with Apple. We hope to have them showing in the store on Apple devices as soon as possible. We'll update this thread when we have more info!

Hey Leviathan,
Now I have an icon on the right side of the main screen showing Gangland Ed, but if I press on it, there are just evolution packs.

Yup
04-26-2019, 03:26 AM
Still nothing with today's rollover???

Are iOS users going to get extra time to acquire these items they can't even see?

rags-6094
04-26-2019, 04:10 AM
That’s a bit unfair Yup for you and anyone even remotely serious about arena in particular.
Sorry to hear IOS users still getting a rough deal... perhaps some form of compensation or more time for the event is in order? Though I doubt this is any fault of the LOTB developers more likely apples fault...

Yup
04-26-2019, 04:35 AM
At this point, I'm left to believe Apple has an issue with the pay-for-play aspect of this "game" -- which, honestly, they should.

Navigator Games has been selling enough stuff that I can't imagine this is due to an unforeseen technical problem at this stage.

.. and they've now got another issue.. how do they compensate iOS users? Are Android users going to whine if iOS users get something they don't? Are iOS users going to less enchanted if they aren't compensated. I do wonder how many iOS users even realize there's an issue though. I wouldn't have were it not for the forums.

rags-6094
04-26-2019, 04:41 AM
I use android Samsung S8+ for now, have done for the past 2 years, but nearly due for a new device... still thinking about that.
But I also have a wifi only iPad that I recently purchased for work purposes, so I have been playing my sons account on that.
Technically there could be quite a lot of users with a combination of both device types like me, heck I’m writing this on the new iPad right now!

Blade
04-26-2019, 08:46 AM
If you guys still don't have the event, it needs to be extended! This is necessary as you need to finish the higher SQs 6 times and the duration of the event was 7 days...
Extending an event should not be too problematic, so hopefully everything will be fine for you guys!

scott-5496
04-26-2019, 09:27 AM
My event is working fine in iOS - it is in events screen and I am getting the progress as it happens I think so no problems there, for me anyway. What I do not have is the Gangland Eddie buy pack option or anything new in the store as Vipers are not showing up (if indeed others on Andriod have options for vipers in the store?)

I think it is purely this that iOS are missing at the moment - is that correct guys?

Cheers

kgk56
04-26-2019, 09:37 AM
My event is working fine in iOS - it is in events screen and I am getting the progress as it happens I think so no problems there, for me anyway. What I do not have is the Gangland Eddie buy pack option or anything new in the store as Vipers are not showing up (if indeed others on Andriod have options for vipers in the store?)

I think it is purely this that iOS are missing at the moment - is that correct guys?

Cheers

On android, we have the Gangland Eddie (for 22€) & the Vipers on the Store (the set for 22€ et 2 talismans for 500 ironites). So yes, it missing on iOS

GotN
04-26-2019, 09:38 AM
Can confirm this Scott. Absolutely the same here. Gangland Icon showing now less than 1 hour for purchase and still no pack with new Eddie. Really hope they will extend or reopen it for iOS players.

Yup
04-26-2019, 09:53 AM
I'm not even seeing the pack here... never have.. so....

They should just GIVE iOS users the Gangland Eddie, not the "offer to buy" -- actually give us the Eddie himself without a purchase.

Blade
04-26-2019, 10:22 AM
Already out of protest nobody should buy the package

Mizrael
04-26-2019, 10:53 AM
I'm not even seeing the pack here... never have.. so....

They should just GIVE iOS users the Gangland Eddie, not the "offer to buy" -- actually give us the Eddie himself without a purchase.

Agreed! and 2 sets of Vipers all FREE!
After the complete reinstall i did get the events and realized that 6days is actually 7 in LotB, so it’s all fine since i wasn’t planning on buying anything anyway...

But there still might be players who didn’t reinstall the game and might miss out on the SQ event.

Natasmai
04-26-2019, 12:19 PM
Just reached first battle in the second SSS tier in Gauntlet... Can confirm Vipers are insane, all the 5 sets are insane and shouldnt even be in the game. It is absolutely retarded now. I have no idea how those guys at the top of the gauntlet ranks manage to ever get more than 62 wins. this is like 5 gauntlets in a row for me with 62 wins.

The team is:

NotB Eddie - Labyrinth
Charlotte - Viper
Madam - Alchemy
KP - warlord/sustaining/(forget the last set, maybe immunity?)

I had 2 guys with labyrinth plus assassin banshee and a blocker and got wiped in 2 turns.... not sure the labyrinth works the same for me as it does for the AI (hahaha of course it doesnt)

Blade
04-26-2019, 12:40 PM
Wow, that's hard! Thanks for sharing, Natasmai!

It's a real pain how quickly the newest overpowered stuff is directly appearing in the Gauntlet. On the other hand second SSS is very high, so to me it is ok that it get's very hard there. Still out of line and again, that they (Vipers) appear directly after release is cruel. One could have waited until Gauntlet rollover to implement the newest stuff.

I would have selected a similar team as you, but as you say....the AI boost just laughs about our strategy.

Good reason to again stop Gauntlet at AAA or S, let's see if I am motivated enough on sunday to do so.

Leviathan
04-26-2019, 04:10 PM
Thank you everyone for your patience. The Viper Talisman and Gangster Packs should now be showing up on Apple devices! If you are not seeing the packs appear, try force closing and reopening the game. This should get them to pop!

Natasmai
04-26-2019, 05:16 PM
Wow, that's hard! Thanks for sharing, Natasmai!

It's a real pain how quickly the newest overpowered stuff is directly appearing in the Gauntlet. On the other hand second SSS is very high, so to me it is ok that it get's very hard there. Still out of line and again, that they (Vipers) appear directly after release is cruel. One could have waited until Gauntlet rollover to implement the newest stuff.

I would have selected a similar team as you, but as you say....the AI boost just laughs about our strategy.

Good reason to again stop Gauntlet at AAA or S, let's see if I am motivated enough on sunday to do so.

I had a ton of problems with SS this time around, 3 or 4 losses. SSS was actually pretty easy with no losses and no real difficult talismans. most of the teams were random dudes. it frustrates me to have such a reasonable SSS and then 2nd SSS is like "F**k you!" I also think it should be hard at that level, but they power scale is insane from one to the next.

Yup
04-26-2019, 08:30 PM
As suspected Viper Talismans are overpowered. Just came across a team with them on Alex Ed.... 75% chance to counter my ass! It is 100% chance to counter. There was not ONE instance in 3-4 battles where there was NOT a counter.

Mizrael
04-26-2019, 09:14 PM
As suspected Viper Talismans are overpowered. Just came across a team with them on Alex Ed.... 75% chance to counter my ass! It is 100% chance to counter. There was not ONE instance in 3-4 battles where there was NOT a counter.

It’s not just the counter. it struck me like a lightning after i’ve read the description again: “Hang on! so...lets imagine having two of those and a purple bat?! 2x85% for perfect bleed and you get infinite turn with full power, which means unlimited fury...”
Basically you only need one set and the Bat! it doesn’t even matter what eddie or other 2 chars you stick it on. the possibilities are limitless. add some char with a 5 power skill and you cast infinite whatever...

It’s really astonishing that these devs keep designing such OP talismans and characters without putting any thought into it!

I would be careful spending 20$ or even a penny of real money on that set. because it’s only a question of time before it gets nerfed to the ground. and there will be no money back or a sorry from these noobs.

Sorry...i know...i was supposed to just keep it shut and exploit it while it lasts ;)

Stormseye
04-26-2019, 09:24 PM
Just faced off against Alex with Viper set. Quite tough. Was able to win the first match but the next person won out in the end. Inflicting Perfect Disable on my Ferryman. You think my Domination/Warlord Alex was tough. Wait till everyone is running Vipers on Alex, Charlotte, Sekhmet, Hallowed Eddie, Killers Eddie...

Muzzleloader
04-26-2019, 09:34 PM
Dont worry, it wont be too long before they roll out an OP talisman to counter viper. Maybe they can sell them got $25. At least they are only giving the purchased tailsman only a week before the free ones are earned.

gogosox40
04-29-2019, 01:53 AM
Just completed the evo material hoard right at the new day roll over and it did not count to the event. It says it 4/6 completed with 2 days left. I made a ticket. Now don't know if I should get the 2 talismans for 500 ironite in case devs don't give me the rewards.

Muzzleloader
04-29-2019, 02:04 AM
2 days, actual means today and 2 more full days. You will have 2 more chances to earn the talisman. They gave 7 days to earn 6 wins.

gogosox40
04-29-2019, 02:15 AM
2 days, actual means today and 2 more full days. You will have 2 more chances to earn the talisman. They gave 7 days to earn 6 wins.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I always get confused how they do the days since the new day roll over happens at 7pm CST.

Yup
04-29-2019, 02:54 AM
The last day will show an hours countdown after the daily rollover. So.. if it reads 2 days.. you have 2 days, 1 day, 24 hours... so really 3 days. The counter simply doesn't show hours until the last day.

It's easier to think of it in terms of "rollover" rather than "days" --- 2 rollovers, 1 rollover, end on rollover

kgk56
04-29-2019, 08:28 AM

So that's why you buy 'em ?

Liu
04-29-2019, 09:18 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I always get confused how they do the days since the new day roll over happens at 7pm CST.

They use a floor function for the counter, i.e. remaining time rounded down to the next integer in days. When the floor returns 0, they show an hh:mm counter instead. Server time is gmt+0.