PDA

View Full Version : What the crap?!

Lord Schmeb
04-26-2019, 12:24 PM

He’s on my trooper list somehow.

Blade
04-26-2019, 12:33 PM
Why are you wondering? He is also my trooper and it's clear that he just bought the 22€ pack to get this Eddie. I refuse to do so because I reject this policy. I even thought about removing the Trooper from my list.

GotN
04-26-2019, 12:44 PM
I also have 2 of them in my trooper list. For me this offer didn’t even appear (like for all iOS users I guess), but I don’t care about it, cause NF is not worth my money!

Btw...
https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11722-So-Gangland-Eddie

infinite dreamer
04-26-2019, 01:27 PM
I bought him because I had a few google play cards to use. I figured I'd max him out and make him my trooper Eddie for a day or so to see if anyone thinks he's worth it. I think he's an average Eddie who will probably be sitting on the bench a lot. I'll switch back to Navigator Ed very soon. This is the only mobile game I've ever played, so I don't know what to make of pay only characters. I know I've spend a lot on downloadable content for ps3 and ps4 games over the years though.

MetalKing
04-26-2019, 04:48 PM
Perhaps someone needed the ironite and other materials that came in the offer. This character could be a good supplemental character for a starting player that has the disposable income to spend. Its not a required purchase but might help you get a good start.

HuckFinn150
04-26-2019, 05:34 PM
@Infinite Dreamer I played yours last night out of curiosity. I find him to be a Doomsday minus fury. He hits hard. I don't hold anything against those who by stuff, I've been guilty of it as well. I quit buying for to coming to my senses lol. Plus, this game is getting to overwhelming about getting you to buy the latest and greatest. I have really all I want and all that is cannon (I think), so I'm not really interested in much ride. I've never been competitive enough to get to the top. I just enjoy the game, but it's also getting old.

Nicko
04-27-2019, 11:55 AM
I even thought about removing the Trooper from my list.

You considered removing a perfectly good trooper who gives you the opportunity to play an Eddie you don’t have because he supports a game financially so you don’t have to?

No offense - but that just seems silly. I get that there is a movement who thinks they can inspire a mass boycott of NF so the company crumbles and makes drastic changes to stay afloat. But trying to force that boycott on your troopers - or penalize them because they don’t think like you do - just isn’t cool.

I have two troopers with him as their champion - Shelltlight above and Patrice - and he’s been fun to play. I’m holding off on buying him until I find out the plan for him in BoS (I haven’t read anything about this yet but may have missed it) but man - lighten up Blade!

Horus-2545
04-27-2019, 02:09 PM
I don’t mind really when people buy characters. Talisman strength seems to be the imbalance now with Labyrinth especially. Ridiculous. What is BOS?

infinite dreamer
04-27-2019, 02:14 PM
I don’t mind really when people buy characters. Talisman strength seems to be the imbalance now with Labyrinth especially. Ridiculous. What is BOS?

Book of Souls

Blade
04-27-2019, 03:18 PM
No offense

I'm not taking this personally, don't worry! We are here to discuss and exchange opinions, right?
I am in fact a convinced supporter of the boycott movement and would like to see more of those who no longer want to be kidded join in. I myself supported the game financially, most recently and for the last time in November. What has happened to this game in recent months is extremely worrying. I do not need to list it, right?

In this particular case, it is about the fact that an Eddie is now being made available for money only. Eddie, the icon for which we landed on this game alongside the music and the art. As I've already written elsewhere, before it was a lousy wolf, now it's an Eddie. Those who confirm, support and ratify this development (besides the umpteen other points) by buying this package, don't really have my full respect anymore. Everyone has the freedom to handle it as they please, of course. I kept both Troopers, but it just made me think.

Nevertheless, to say it with Molière, it remains clear that "we are not only responsible for what we do, but also for what we do not do."

May everyone find enough joy in this game, it's getting increasingly difficult! Cheers

GotN
04-27-2019, 05:17 PM
True words

I’m 100% with you here Blade. I don’t judge anyone who buys this package. I also want this Eddie very much! But as you said, seeing the game heading a bad way for a long time now I WILL NOT GIVE NF MY MONEY ANY LONGER!! Sometime you have to be strong to reach a higher goal. We all should be that. In my eyes it’s a sign of weakness purchasing this package. Sorry!

Yup
04-27-2019, 06:16 PM
$20 is cheaper than a movie out, cheaper than just about ANY other form of entertainment which can last many hours in a day for several days....

Yeah I don't like the trend, but it AIN'T changin folks.

I bought the pack.. needed ironite to finish the Arena events... so why NOT get an Eddie for my $20 along with the ironite.

It would be one thing if it was a 5 star, way overpowered, Eddie which changed the entire meta of PvP... but it's a 3 star with no fury and won't be used much at all.

You can complain, boycott, etc all you want, but there are thousands that never purchase anything, don't view the forums, and don't care. They'll still support this "game". And Devs don't care as long as the profits keep rollin in. Realize that in most of these types of "games" it's only 5%of players or less that ever spend anything anyway. As long as you have users buying ironite and refilling, refilling, refilling, refilling so they can be at the top of PvP, the "game" will be financially fine.

Your BEST choice if you don't like how things are going to to NOT play at all, delete the app and never look back.

hold
04-27-2019, 06:39 PM
$20 is cheaper than a movie out, cheaper than just about ANY other form of entertainment which can last many hours in a day for several days....

Yeah I don't like the trend, but it AIN'T changin folks.

I bought the pack.. needed ironite to finish the Arena events... so why NOT get an Eddie for my $20 along with the ironite.

It would be one thing if it was a 5 star, way overpowered, Eddie which changed the entire meta of PvP... but it's a 3 star with no fury and won't be used much at all.

You can complain, boycott, etc all you want, but there are thousands that never purchase anything, don't view the forums, and don't care. They'll still support this "game". And Devs don't care as long as the profits keep rollin in. Realize that in most of these types of "games" it's only 5%of players or less that ever spend anything anyway. As long as you have users buying ironite and refilling, refilling, refilling, refilling so they can be at the top of PvP, the "game" will be financially fine.

Your BEST choice if you don't like how things are going to to NOT play at all, delete the app and never look back.

The last movie I saw with that many bugs was Starship Troopers ...

Yup
04-27-2019, 08:02 PM
But you STILL watched it :)

Rory
04-28-2019, 09:30 AM
Realize that in most of these types of "games" it's only 5%of players or less that ever spend anything anyway.

I was talking with someone the other day, and they linked a 5-year old article from Forbes, which linked to a report (https://www.swrve.com/company/press/swrve-finds-015-of-mobile-gamers-contribute-50-of-all-in-game-revenue) about mobile device gaming, and 0.15% of players accounted for 50% of purchases.

50% !

TheoShodi
05-01-2019, 06:35 PM
Devs need to keep his "Whales" happy, they will keep doing this "promotions" and "events" for them and only for them. Im surprised this game dont have a VIP Levels for how much the player spent in the game.