PDA

View Full Version : May Event Schedule

druid138
05-01-2019, 12:36 AM

Some serious Hallowed Be Thy Name content coming, it looks like!

slauki
05-01-2019, 12:43 AM
or a pay to win hallowed eddie with passive :)

rags-6094
05-01-2019, 07:22 AM
I haven’t noticed that featured/recurring menu before, looks like a very full month!

druid138
05-01-2019, 08:07 AM
The scenery in the event image is very familiar (https://www.dan-mumford.com/iron-maiden-hallowed-be-thy-name) . . .

Yup
05-01-2019, 08:09 AM
I haven’t noticed that featured/recurring menu before, looks like a very full month!

I think they couldn't fit it all in one list anymore. :) And perhaps don't want anyone to think some of the events (or similar events) will happen again next month.

dragonmat89
05-01-2019, 08:13 AM
Sun and Steel might be *another* limited Samurai Eddie to coincide with the beer launch...? Or maybe just a second chance at getting the Emperor Eddie. Not sure how else they could link to it...

Events with no description in brackets make me nervous as I think they're going to be resource drainers again like the Pharaoh one.

URock
05-01-2019, 10:39 AM
This month:

- 1000 arena fights to get a new talisman-set or toon?
- a new Eddie I won't get?
- a new useless toon EVERYBODY gets?
- new bugs because of not testing new items/features?

Ip4
05-01-2019, 12:12 PM
UROCK I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU;same stupid things every month, copy/paste system...i lost interest in game and playing only if i have free time...

Volrath
05-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Interesting way to separate the lineup. On the whole, the featured events look like more fun even though I'm not sure what they all are. The dunegons and the time rift events are usually pretty good. Also intrigued about the Book of Souls event. I hope it's similar to that event where you could use common souls as currency for stuff, that was great.

I'm guessing there will be some sort of alternate Hallowed Eddie with a passive ability. There might also be an additional character with a similar theme. The Hangman?

But if the devs are right and they will be cutting back, please start with the Arena ones. Maybe every other month instead of every month? I complained about the number of fights required last time and someone suggested that I just lose all the fights on purpose to hit it faster. There's logic to that, but if I'm in a situation where I'm just throwing fights one after another burning through sands of war, I'm not sure what the point of playing is.

The evolution event is a big whatever, it's a background event that's usually open for a long time so at least you don't have to rush. But I don't think I'll be evolving all those talismans again. I have several 5 star ones just shy of level 50 that I can do, but the real pain in the ass is going from 3 star to 4 star. You have to do a lot and those two-star evolution runes takes a long time to accumulate especially in combination with meeting requirements for concurrent events. Plus it's just a ton of money.

Love sacrifice events and I love the Gauntlet, even though it's super frustrating sometimes.

AhabsHarpoon
05-01-2019, 03:10 PM
This month:

LOL!!!!
I'm waiting for the event that will repair all the bugs in my Purge challenges....

GrimDusk
05-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Holy shit I have that book of souls tour shirt, I should’ve realized! I hope it’s actually a new Eddie, Executioner Eddie.

As for my other events predictions, let’s take a look.

The Angel and The Gambler: I believe this’ll be some sort of event where you use up souls to gain new souls or other valuable items.
Immortal’s Respite: It’s definitely not an Eddie dungeon, however I’m curious as to who could possibly be considered an “immortal.”
Sun and Steel: I believe Emperor Samurai Eddie will return here, along with some other ninja/samurai characters.
The Gallow’s Pole: This is likely Executioner Eddie and possibly the Priest in the background of that art. Although, what does “Time Rift” mean?
Undying Spirit: Absolutely no clue.
Arena of Souls: We will get rewarded special souls for fighting in the Arena.
Scales of War: Spend resources to evolve Cosmic Talismans.
Warrior Hierophant: I believe that the Executioner Eddie event will include other corrupted religious characters, and the hierophant is one of them. This is the Lord of Light Fragment event.
The Bell Tolls: More ways to get Executioner Eddie, I’m guessing.
Towerfall: We fight in the gauntlet and get special rewards.

That’s a lot of events; hopefully they’re all good!

infinite dreamer
05-01-2019, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't be upset getting another set of Tower Talismans in the Gauntlet event. They come in handy sometimes.

Mizrael
05-01-2019, 11:19 PM
The Gallow’s Pole: This is likely Executioner Eddie and possibly the Priest in the background of that art. Although, what does “Time Rift” mean?

Time Rift means that button on the top left hand side (cosmos/time rift), where you get to LoL,BNW and where the special dungeons usually appear...

URock
05-02-2019, 06:29 AM
First event is live and it's a shame!

Mizrael
05-02-2019, 06:56 AM
Yeah...we get 1/4 of one soul by finishing all the event challenges and need to open 250 Rare souls to get a full soul?

GL to get both Eddie to you all!!!

Natasmai
05-10-2019, 12:37 PM
now the question is, will there be a "spend coins and gold in a store" event? I want to buy the Angel and Gambler frags and such, but Im afraid to spend FC...

Muzzleloader
05-10-2019, 01:07 PM
I would guess that next month will be the coin spend event if they follow the pattern of. Evolve talisman, spend coins, evolve toons on a monthly rotating schedule.

Blade
05-10-2019, 01:14 PM
[Level & evolve characters] and [level & evolve talismans] alternate monthly. I have not seen such a fixed schedule for spending gold/IC/FC so far.

infinite dreamer
05-10-2019, 01:22 PM
That is what I'm debating. I got the Gambler, but I'm thinking I should wait for a spend FC coin type event to pick up the Angel. Buying Angel will cost almost 1/3 of my FC.

Natasmai
05-10-2019, 03:07 PM
[Level & evolve characters] and [level & evolve talismans] alternate monthly. I have not seen such a fixed schedule for spending gold/IC/FC so far.

Yeah I agree, I dont think the spend event was associated with the evolution events. I just wonder if that spend event was a once and done thing or if it will become recurring.

The Devs could let us know, but...

Blade
05-10-2019, 03:16 PM
I am quite sure that these spending events will show up from time to time, as it was the case for rare souls recently. It is a great opportunity to get players to buy something during these events, if the players resource management results in a shortage in the needed items/coins etc. Hence it makes sense not to have them with a fixed schedule but as a surprise.

Maiden68
05-10-2019, 03:19 PM
This month:

Looks like you got it Figured Out!! Plus there's More...

- your Not guaranteed any new items, talismans or Eddie's
- don't expect to Not pay and Lose every week whilst the event is on
- 5000 repeated runs and Farming won't get you Jack!
- do expect to spend all your Gold on leveling low end Talismans your "guaranteed" since you will have Nothing to Level them with!!
- and since Luck is 99% of any game...
Good Luck anyway! =D

Maiden68
05-10-2019, 03:27 PM
The scenery in the event image is very familiar (https://www.dan-mumford.com/iron-maiden-hallowed-be-thy-name) . . .

That's the art work when Iron Maiden did a tour / show with "GHOST"....

Maiden68
05-10-2019, 03:32 PM
or a pay to win hallowed eddie with passive :)

Yeah ... The only passive being... If you got money that is...