PDA

View Full Version : Vipers Vipers everywhere ...

hold
05-13-2019, 06:51 AM
Be very careful with the newest Gauntlet iteration ... for me since Level C it's infested with Vipers.

I lost a fight in C (first time ever) because I went half-hearted in. I thought a green Harpy, Edward the Great, Warrior Bombs and WIckerman can't be too tough in this level. So I didn't switch talismans but all my chars were fully sharded and had level 50 talismans (but not the fancy ones). I also have tons of relics.

Turns out Edward the Great (2 green, 1 blue) has Vipers and so do the Warrior Bombs. Gauntlet is even more annoying now that you have to do the painful talisman switches even in lower levels. Also great morality boost for newcomers I guess.

It's not a major issue as you can clear the stage and have a lost fight - getting all your characters back in the next stage. It's the bloody cheating. So as "nobody ever said this before": Can we stop the cheating of putting impossible setups in Gauntlet? So fair play ... I am talking nonsense here - still NF in charge.

In Level B 2nd or 3rd fight was a Samurai also carrying talismans. So I assume the rest of the stages are infested with them as well. Lucky me I need only 95 more frags for the Nekrothingy ... will be a quiet 2 weeks I guess as I certainly will not bash my head against walls. Run my troopers on the sideline and stop at AAA, S or SS ... let's see how much more they are cheating.

I read it recently: No - 3*, 4* or 5* doesn't matter anymore. It's the newest overpowered talis and toons you need regardless of the stars. That's basically spot on.

Blade
05-13-2019, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the warning and your great post - I can fully agree.
Talisman management is still not updated so shifting them around is still very annoying. Introducing the newest characters and tallis even to the low tiers is more than a challenge - especially vipers as there is such a limited way of counters available.

And the bloody cheating... so true! I wrote in the Dungeon thread:
"Apart from that the Dungeon is nice but also heavy and the next April Fool's Joke is introduced by applying the same "rules" from AI Gauntlet to the Dungeon which means characters wearing talis sets that they should not be able to wear. For me, there's no reasonable justification for that."

Liu
05-13-2019, 08:23 AM
"Apart from that the Dungeon is nice but also heavy and the next April Fool's Joke is introduced by applying the same "rules" from AI Gauntlet to the Dungeon which means characters wearing talis sets that they should not be able to wear. For me, there's no reasonable justification for that."

I totally agree on the point that ai toons should be restricted to their color slots as well, no matter which game mode. That being said, there is "reasonable justification": it makes the dungeon more difficult. In a dungeon I don't find it as mean as in gauntlet. You can do a few trial runs, see what's there and try to build a proper team. In gauntlet however, you can't. Your scouting team needs to be strong enough to survive coin toss, and you can't reuse it.

hold
05-13-2019, 08:45 AM
I totally agree on the point that ai toons should be restricted to their color slots as well, no matter which game mode. That being said, there is "reasonable justification": it makes the dungeon more difficult. In a dungeon I don't find it as mean as in gauntlet. You can do a few trial runs, see what's there and try to build a proper team. In gauntlet however, you can't. Your scouting team needs to be strong enough to survive coin toss, and you can't reuse it.

I won the coin toss ... but even there is "no AI boost" every single ones of those f*ckers countered after any of my attacks.

Esquatcho
05-13-2019, 08:46 AM

And the problem Ive found is that if you send in the 3* scout party you stuff your ranking (if that matters), but you also rarely get the first go meaning your team is wiped before you even get a good feel for the talismans available!

scott-5496
05-13-2019, 09:51 AM
We should not need to scout a team if my view - the gauntlet needs to play by the rules of the game or how can we call this is a fair game - to be startegic and to think what is best to win you need to know what you can face to a degree so I think , like many others, that defence teams should only be able to wear appropriate talisman sets otherwise everything is a 100% gamble - there is no fun in that at all - we need less RNG and more trnsparency in the game play. If they need to make it harder then there has to be better ways to do this - even a boost to the AI is fine as at least we know what that actually means (as we face it already in battles). With the newer five sets too they can still 'cheat' a littl eby applying T3 Cosmics to any taht can wear them - but agin they should only be allowed one Cosmic per character.

For me this is one of the critical factors that needs fixed in the gameplay, otherwise we are RNG all the way pretty much and the game loses any strategy and thought that we once could use. They have made the gameplay to much of a lottery - we need to pair this back and get back to playing a game that makes more sense and follows some rules that we all know in terms of talisman placement and possibilities. It might help, for example, if there was a talisman cost much like the party cost figure - at least then we can see where the talisman ranks....but again we need to be able to at least guess at what the talisman might be that we face. At the moment we have little to no idea at all and that is just stupid and makes the game mostly luck based.

Still my single biggest issue with the gameplay I have to say.

Metalsquire
05-13-2019, 08:37 PM
Couldn't agree more with the above. This has been an ongoing issue- and is not fair.

I just don't understand why they do this sort of thing, it makes no sense to me- I would have thought they should be trying to get us to spend by making things hard, yet achievable.

I used to really enjoy Gauntlet, and regularly spent and PURCHASED ironite to achieve twice round the SSS- last round. Not any more, I'm really not interested in, what should be, impossible combinations on characters and once I encounter them, I really can't be bothered.

Anyway, in short, the above practises are just ANNOYING, and are starting to really switch not just me, but it would appear plenty of others off too

edsel
05-13-2019, 09:02 PM
Dude 4 teams on grade B with Viper. Ouch and I had my first Draw in Gauntlet which counts as a loss, they should give a rematch or something else other than losing your team and counting as loss. This is, however challenging and frustrating, the best feature of the game.

URock
05-13-2019, 09:45 PM
Not to play is the only thing they understand! We should all stop playing until they listen to us.

blade685
05-13-2019, 09:47 PM
i just play level A or AA now in gauntlet, i hate it with his cheated teams ^^

Natasmai
05-14-2019, 12:55 AM
I'm just playing last game in level C now. I had no wipers or weird combos that I saw. In fact I'm basically one shotting most of them with characters that don't even have talismans. Many of the enemies haven't shown equipped talismans either.

Ill keep a closer watch on level B moving forward.

Olevipoeg
05-14-2019, 05:55 AM
I met one char with Vipers on round C. And 2 on round B. And one AAA: Rainmaker(Flash and Nightmare) Warrior Lilith (Vipers) Gunner Lilith(Angel) Icarus(Life).

Natasmai
05-14-2019, 11:32 AM
i have 1 or 2 battles left on B now, most of my enemies still arent even showing talisman. I do get the occasional invisibility or energy set.

The variation in matchups from one player to another is absolutely ridiculous. I guess they dont want someone to go first and map it all out for everyone else, so i get the variation concept. But the level of difficulty shouldnt vary that much.

Esquatcho
05-14-2019, 11:46 AM
i have 1 or 2 battles left on B now, most of my enemies still arent even showing talisman. I do get the occasional invisibility or energy set.

The variation in matchups from one player to another is absolutely ridiculous. I guess they dont want someone to go first and map it all out for everyone else, so i get the variation concept. But the level of difficulty shouldnt vary that much.

I wonder if they build the teams based on previous performance? ie if you go deep into SSS they ramp up the difficulty next time?

If so, Im not sure if I'd be so upset...

If it is completely random, then thats not cool!

Muzzleloader
05-14-2019, 12:17 PM
I just complete level B. I had 4 battles that had vipers, one had 2 sets on the opponents. Each opponent had the appropriate color types of talisman. At least for myself there was no surprise talisman combos.

Tim28213
05-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Corrupt General in B with Vipers. I won the battle, but I was so disappointed to see that character with those talismans that I just don't care about seeing how far I can go anymore.

For the first time in over 3 years I intentionally left my iPad at home today.

Natasmai
05-14-2019, 02:24 PM
I wonder if they build the teams based on previous performance? ie if you go deep into SSS they ramp up the difficulty next time?

If so, Im not sure if I'd be so upset...

If it is completely random, then thats not cool!

No i have completed the first 10 SSS battles every gauntlet for months now. I get 62 wins every time. I cant beat the first battle of the second SSS yet. So I get plenty deep. Unless they make the early battles easier for me because they know I can just clear up to SSS anyway? dunno...

I cleared B now, I one shot the entire enemy team with my KP attack, didnt even look at the talismans they were wearing. I didnt see a single strong set of talis or any real characters either. Most I saw was paralysis, invisibility, energy, stuff like that. Nothing more than 3 sets.

Level A looks a bit tougher character wise, but I havent played any yet.

edsel
05-14-2019, 03:01 PM
5501guess what talisman sets are on these clowns

Blade
05-14-2019, 03:21 PM
I'd say Labyrinth, Viper, Alchemy, Eternal, Valor and Primordial. And I mean all of them on each character as the mighty T5 cosmic wizard occurred and melted each set into 1 cosmic each :P

Ip4
05-14-2019, 04:47 PM
SS is nightmare,i found minimum 4 hard team like first battle in SSS...

what or who is good against viper on Charlotte?

4V1ct0ry
05-14-2019, 04:58 PM
Lol... a full shared team almost got defeated in freaking D because of Vipers..
They where on a Child of the Dammed
Didn't see that coming :s
So yeah... they are everywhere!

Yup
05-14-2019, 05:49 PM
Any toon that stuns or freezes helps with vipers. -- now having 15 toons that do that, and allies that also remove Immunity/PI when needed, is another matter since every feakin battle has Vipers.

My biggest bitch about the Gauntlet is that rankings are co-opped when they shouldn't be. If a player makes to SSS they should be locked into SSS. I mean it's not an easy task to get there at times. Just because some other player has 5 more toons or gets some lucky turn of the dice, that should NOT cause someone to drop in rankings. It's NOT like PvP where users are battling against users. It's player vs Ai.. so if you beat the AI.. you should retain that ranking. Imagine working through NotB.. you win.. but because some other player won in a shorter time period your win doesn't count..... it would be infuriating. The entire tier system is deeply flawed in the Gauntlet. If another player's performance is to alter rankings, then the teams in the Gauntlet should be PLAYER TEAMS the same as in the Arena and NOT these overpowered, only devs have Vipers/CosmicsT3/Labyrith/Alchemy everywhere, and have them for every stinking fight.. battles. If I can't use the same toon twice in a tier then..... NEITHER SHOULD THE AI GAUNTLET TEAMS. And talisman color slot restrictions MUST be honored by the AI.

In other words... Gauntlet ranking should SOLEY be based upon points you acquire and my ranking should NEVER change merely because you have 5 more points than me. SSS at 500-549pts = rank 1, SSS at 450-499pts = rank 2, SSS at 400-449pts = rank 3, etc. And no other player performance alters your rank once it's achieved.

Muzzleloader
05-14-2019, 06:24 PM
It is a good way to make the top players to purchase SoW. If you dont rush to get to he top early you may be of a lower ranking. This way you cant just use free SoW throughout the entire event and expect a high ranking.

Yup
05-14-2019, 06:34 PM
But that could also be accomplished by shortening the time frame. If the gauntlet only lasted a week then one would have to refill SOW to acquire enough points for a given rank.

Or setting points to high numbers which could not be achieved without a "more than natural SOW" number of battles.

There are multiple ways things could be configured to encourage refills without the need for player rankings to be coopted.

Esquatcho
05-15-2019, 04:04 AM
In other words... Gauntlet ranking should SOLEY be based upon points you acquire and my ranking should NEVER change merely because you have 5 more points than me. SSS at 500-549pts = rank 1, SSS at 450-499pts = rank 2, SSS at 400-449pts = rank 3, etc. And no other player performance alters your rank once it's achieved.

I dont disagree with you here, but I guess the point is that Gauntlet was meant to be a form of PVP. So if you arent compared against other players on rank, then its not really PVP anymore. Its more like a complicated dungeon....

Yup
05-15-2019, 04:42 AM
But it's NOT PVP (Player vs Player) that's my point. It's PvAI.

Liu
05-15-2019, 07:15 AM
If the gauntlet only lasted a week then one would have to refill SOW to acquire enough points for a given rank.

Please don't give them ideas ... I find 2 weeks stressful enough already :/