PDA

View Full Version : Sun and Steel - New Login Calendar + Return of Samurai Emperor Eddie!

Leviathan
05-15-2019, 12:20 AM
Samurai Emperor Eddie is back in Legacy of the Beast to celebrate the release of Trooper Sun and Steel - a new saké infused lager! This noble 5★ Warrior is one of our most requested characters, and is being re-released for a limited time in support of the Sun and Steel launch.

From now until May 21st 5 PM PT, complete event challenges to earn Steel Sake Soul Fragments, and new Sun Talismans!

Sun Talismans are yellow Talismans with a 2-set effect. Equip them to gain Perfect Immunity and a random Beneficial Effect for 1 turn if Invincibility is present at the start of your turn.

In addition to Sun and Steel event challenges, we have also launched the Sun and Steel Calendar!

From now until May 25th at 5 PM PT, a special event calendar is available! **Every day you log in will earn you a free reward from this calendar, with a massive pile of goods earned on the final day, including a FULL SET of Steel Talismans + Steel Sake Souls!

The Steel Sake Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, with an increased chance of 4 Shinobi Maidens and an exclusive chance of Samurai Emperor Eddie!

Each Steel Sake Soul summoned will also grant bonus rewards of 10 Samurai Emperor Soul Fragments.

Collecting 500 Samurai Emperor Soul Fragments guarantees Samurai Emperor Eddie!

Exclusive Chance of:
Samurai Emperor Eddie (5★ Warrior): This limited edition version of Samurai Eddie comes fully skill sharded and armed with the Shogun passive, replacing the regular Samurai Eddie’s fury attack. Shogun makes your Eddie unstunnable and heals all allies after every action in addition to granting Physical Damage Invulnerability and an innate ability to Counterstrike!

Samurai Emperor Eddie is ONLY available in the Steel Sake Soul.

Check out more on Samurai Emperor Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post. (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10934-Samurai-Emperor-Eddie-(Warrior-Type))

Increased Chance of:
Kurenai, Shinobi Rogue (4★ Warrior): A Physical damage brawler that can revive herself and allies while inflicting powerful negative effects, such as Blind, Exhaust, and Timebomb.

Ichiyo, Shinobi Medic (4★ Sentinel): A high health healer capable of stunning enemies and granting beneficial effects, such as Invincibility and Class Advantage to allies.

Ibuki, Shinobi Ranger (4★ Gunner): A true damage dealer that can remove all damage blocking and invincibility effects while inflicting Crave, Furious Burns, and dropping the opponent’s SPECIAL stat down to zero!

Kokú, Shinobi Bandit (4★ Assassin): A durable support that removes beneficial effects, inflicts Perfect Death, and makes her team immune to all burn and stat reduction effects. She can also revive one ally for every Golden Effect she removes from an enemy while granting Endure and heals to her team!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Steel Sake and Samurai Emperor Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments.

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store:

Get a FREE 10 Samurai Emperor Eddie Soul Fragments to start you off!
Purchase Steel Sake Souls in packs of 1, 3 and 10!
Various talisman packs are also available, including Steel Talismans and the debut Sun Talismans!
Grab the Sun and Steel Packs from the Limited Time Offer Store in the Cosmos! Each pack contains daily Ironite, Sands of Time, Starlight Relics and more! Starlight Relics grant a limited-time 50% boost to various character stats in the Gauntlet. Purchase both packs for a full 100% stat increase!

Please note: These Relics expire 2 weeks after being earned (Note: Earning additional levels of these Relics will refresh the timer!). These Relics will not increase stats in the Arena.

IMPORTANT: Please be aware that a “day” for our game starts and ends at 5 PM PT (the same time when many other features reset themselves). You’ll need to log in on 7 different days across this month to get all rewards before the calendar goes away. Additionally, these rewards are in addition to other login bonuses (like our usual 24 day monthly calendar).

infinite dreamer
05-15-2019, 01:14 AM
So far I used warrior Hellhound for immunity to allies, gunner Cheering Wickerdeer to raise attack, sentinel Pyro Soldier to raise allies MR, warrior Mayan Priestess to raise allies Def and MR. I'm trying warrior Pyro Soldier to see if he grants allies regen HP with his passive.

JudgmentDay86
05-15-2019, 01:44 AM
Assassin Banshee does both increase DEF and MR. Two for one!

bort
05-15-2019, 01:47 AM
Well hurray for me and everyone else who converted their emperor fragments previously.

Natasmai
05-15-2019, 01:51 AM
wickerman and sentinel general both give ATK and DEF as a passive, it took no time at all. Hellhound passive immunity is working well. I am using hallowed eddie, he does ATK up, Echo, immunity, regen, and extend bene's. You could use trooper, he covers MR up, DEF up, Counter, and immunity.

Dont forget about life talis and inspiration talis.

infinite dreamer
05-15-2019, 01:58 AM
Angel of Death grants allies counterstrike and the blue Robo Scout gives a chance to extend beneficial effects with his passive (warrior Annubis gives a chance to do it on his basic, I'm running through my troopers, so I'm focused on non-Eddie effects)

Amarthir
05-15-2019, 01:59 AM
Pretty easy challenges, already done with them all and put in my 10 souls and surprise surprise I didn't get the Eddie.

Well hurray for me and everyone else who converted their emperor fragments previously.

Doesn't matter. I hear there's a difference between the old ones and the new ones.

infinite dreamer
05-15-2019, 02:01 AM
Doh, Angel of Death only grants counterstrike if any allies health drops to zero. Realized after a couple runs!

Muzzleloader
05-15-2019, 02:09 AM
Gunner lilith with life can give immunity, regen and extend beneficial effects.

Red Mayan gives MR and def up.

Nomad gives attack up.

Natasmai
05-15-2019, 02:22 AM
Echo talis doesnt seem to work

Muzzleloader
05-15-2019, 02:35 AM
Crimson Pharoah dog can grant echo.

FBomb
05-15-2019, 02:56 AM
If only they would fix the Purge missions bug... can't get my Crimson Pharaoh dog yet.

Amarthir
05-15-2019, 03:14 AM

For some reason they don't. A good way to get echo quickly is to use Bass Eddie and 2 Children of the Damned (Gunner or Magus) with Energy Talismans.

Yup
05-15-2019, 04:39 AM
Doomsday and Hallowed can also grant Echo. And G Hellboy starts with echo each battle.

Mizrael
05-15-2019, 04:46 AM
Pretty easy challenges, already done with them all and put in my 10 souls and surprise surprise I didn't get the Eddie.

Doesn't matter. I hear there's a difference between the old ones and the new ones.

Yeah...it’s a different soul! i had 300/500 and now have to start from scratch...

Esquatcho
05-15-2019, 06:36 AM
The frags always die when you finish an event dont they? I mean I dont think I've ever seen a case outside of charlotte/mariner/FFE etc that have been reused after an even, right?

Beddie
05-15-2019, 06:41 AM
Same with Sential Banshee

Liu
05-15-2019, 07:11 AM

And rightfully so. You need to apply the buff echo. Echo talismans don't provide that buff, they provide a passive.

Fight4life
05-15-2019, 07:21 AM
The Count grants echo and counterstrike to all allies on his powermove

trooper206
05-15-2019, 10:09 AM
Ok. guys, a few characters and talisman combinations can get you through those challenges easily, if you have them of course.

What I used was a combination of the Count (power move counterstrike-echo) and Gunner Lilith with Life and Inspiration talismans. So there goes echo,counterstrike, immunity and some regen along with extend beneficial effects.
After that I used Warrior Mayan Priestess with inspiration, and life talismans, along with Sentinel Alliance General. So there goes ATK/MR/Def UP.
Lastly I used Magus Gemini Castor to cover Regen HP on all allies

Hope it helps a bit.

Liu
05-15-2019, 10:10 AM
Just so you know, the odds of pulling emperor from the event soul are 0.04569%. For those who haven't noticed: You can check the odds by tapping the info icon in the BoS. Just to understand how insignificant these odds are, here's your chances of getting the dude from opening x souls:

x: odds
10: 4.477%
50: 20.467%
75: 29.072%
100: 36.746%
500: 89.874%
1000: 98.975%
So yeah, I guess nobody will pull him.

Also @Devs: can you please remove info on obsolete souls from the BoS ? It's a pain to scroll to the bottom ><

Esquatcho
05-15-2019, 10:46 AM
So yeah, I guess nobody will pull him.

False.

2k ppl @ 10 souls - 20k souls, so 20 ppl will get samurai ;)

Or maybe some will get 2! lol

Banished
05-15-2019, 10:55 AM

Same here...

Bakura
05-15-2019, 11:19 AM
During that Shogun soul event last September, it was the first time I shelled out serious cash. I really wanted Musashi.... he was worth it. So opening 75+ souls I got 3 emperors, and dupes of all the Shinobi maidens.
So, it's nice to get an event that I don't have to try for any new toons.
After the last 6 months of endless new toons & talis, I'm broke and burned out.
Tired of chasing the dragon.
This Emperor is cool, being fully sharded from the start.
Now, if they will just re-release NOTB Ed.

Natasmai
05-15-2019, 12:23 PM
For some reason they don't. A good way to get echo quickly is to use Bass Eddie and 2 Children of the Damned (Gunner or Magus) with Energy Talismans.

So I tried something like this in a gauntlet fight last night. I dont think the child passives stack. I wanted to have 6 extra energy if i won the coin toss, so i built a team with both Child's and also gunner rockets. started the battle and won the coin toss and only had 4 energy. Just curious if that is correct?

And rightfully so. You need to apply the buff echo. Echo talismans don't provide that buff, they provide a passive.

I think the talisman reads "gain echo for X turns" So it isnt a permanent passive, I believe it is granting the buff. NO??? I'd have to log in to check for sure.

EDIT: Scratch that, I looked it up. you are right it is just a passive. I was thinking of counterstrike. Good call Liu!

Blade
05-15-2019, 12:43 PM
Nice little event, challenges are rather easy and needed numbers are lower than in the past - good job! In addition some free gifts just for logging in is great - thanks for that!

Thanks also to Liu for pointing out the low drop rates! Nothing new, but still important to remember once in a while to adapt your expectations!

So do these event souls really give different frags - when opened - than in the original event? I mean this would be so stupid! I thought they would add these special Eddies to the stores some time. But reappearing events could also be an option....that would only make sense, if we deal with one type of character frags!?

Volrath
05-15-2019, 01:33 PM
Good stuff, I like the emphasis on combining talisman effects. The event challenges are pretty easy, I got a lot of them before my sands of time ran out. The warrior mayan priestess buffs both DEF and MR so thanks to her I grabbed the two Sun talismans super quickly!

Esquatcho
05-15-2019, 01:38 PM
Anyone found the best use for Sun Talismans yet? Im thinking assassin soulless demon? meh....

Only time I can see them being most useful is one one char played in conjunction with an invincibility granting char.... It just doesnt seem like many options using will sun talis on a char that gives themself invincibility.... And cant use with steel unless you are happy to 'spend' a cosmic too.

Mizrael
05-15-2019, 02:41 PM
So do these event souls really give different frags - when opened - than in the original event? I mean this would be so stupid! I thought they would add these special Eddies to the stores some time. But reappearing events could also be an option....that would only make sense, if we deal with one type of character frags!?

Sadly yes. I had 300/500 saved up from last year and i was rather disappointed, after claiming the free fragments this morning, to see that they added an “eddie” word...
So there are “Samurai Emperor Soul fragments” and “Samurai Emperor Eddie Soul fragments” :(

Maybe next year?

Rigo
05-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Next year?
Emperor Samurai Soul fragments
Emperor Soul Samurai fragments
Eddie Samurai Emperor Soul fragments

Iced_Earth
05-15-2019, 03:13 PM
use the sun talis with steel. warrior undead rescuer is the way to go

Deathbat6120
05-15-2019, 03:54 PM
Got the table of characters all sorted for you all. Apologies for the Immunity sections being a bit messy, copy/pasted from the guide since there's just too many to write out manually without it taking forever. Hope it helps!

Natasmai
05-15-2019, 05:11 PM

Anyone found the best use for Sun Talismans yet? Im thinking assassin soulless demon? meh....

Only time I can see them being most useful is one one char played in conjunction with an invincibility granting char.... It just doesnt seem like many options using will sun talis on a char that gives themself invincibility.... And cant use with steel unless you are happy to 'spend' a cosmic too.

My first thought was using it anywhere you have a toon with the alchemy set. get invincibility from alchemy, get sun buffs... but yeah in all not terribly impressive, but it is only a 2-set

Bakura
05-15-2019, 05:42 PM
Deathbat-6120
Thanks for your work. Great job.

P.S.Assassin Gambler Ed does "Echo."
I'm not complaining, just adding to the list for your next update.
Thanks

URock
05-15-2019, 07:32 PM
Finished the challenges and bought the first pack of 10 Steel Sake Souls and...tadaa...Samurai Emperor Eddie! This time I was lucky \m/

Yup
05-15-2019, 07:48 PM
Finished the challenges and bought a 3 pack of souls.. waaa waaaa.. nothing but 3 stars and probably my 10th sentinel Shinobi (sacrifice meat) -- seriously doubt I'll spend more ironite to collect frags for a character I will probably never use anyway. He's not like a "fantastic" Ed.

Quick work....

Crimson Dog with Counter. (Counter and echo)
S Shinobi (HP Regen)
Ed the Great (Extend Buffs)
Musashi (with alchemy to clear debuffs)

As challenges complete....

Replace with a billion other characters for Immunity/PI -- W Hellhound is fastest for Immunity, A Banshes for PI -- If you even still need these. These were completed without me even trying.

Replace with Red Priestess (DEF/MR up)
Replace with Allied Gen (Atk Up)
Replace with G Lilith (Extend Buffs -- if she has Life talismans that'll chip away at Immunity quickly as well)

I ran it all in the Immortal Hard dungeon to also chip away at those events.

Muzzleloader
05-15-2019, 08:35 PM
Yup, you already did 800 dungeon battles? That's alot ow battles in a day.

surfingwithdje
05-16-2019, 12:17 AM
Cool little event but the new eddie is always too much hard to get, you should use the same fragments... it's more possible to get the 500 fragments during 2 events than during only one...

Esquatcho
05-16-2019, 03:30 AM
Maybe next year?

Id burn 'em into precious and hope for a 5* golden idol!

Meanwhile I dumped my 10 sake souls...

2 x 4* dupes! Woot!

#beatingtheoddsstill

kgk56
05-16-2019, 09:27 AM
Event done ... only 3* dupes (in fact I have collect all the characters in the game except those in my signature so I wasn't excepted much)

Mizrael
05-17-2019, 06:16 PM
Aggggrh! i was stupid enough to buy a 10 pack for my hardly earned ironite (at least i don’t go berserk and spend $$$ on this slot machine anymore) again and got jack shit! so i have 300/500 and 210/500 Emperor fragments in my collection now but no fucking Eddie!

Bakura
05-17-2019, 06:26 PM
Aggggrh! i was stupid enough to buy a 10 pack for my hardly earned ironite (at least i don’t go berserk and spend $$$ on this slot machine anymore) again and got jack shit! so i have 300/500 and 210/500 Emperor fragments in my collection now but no fucking Eddie!
Yeah, I had just. About 1000 ironite and did the same for the new Esoteric souls..... didn't get squat.
I wasn't gonna, but someone said they opened 30 souls and got the new Ex. Ed, magus heiro , 2 other heiros and a hallowed Ed & a crusader Ed.... I was like "wtf?"
Motivated me to try. Now I'm stuck with hardly 100 ironite.... and already spent out for awhile.
I got a Heiro from 7 Rare G/A souls I had saved.

Yup
05-21-2019, 08:07 PM
I hate this event....

I have 400 frags -- so that's ? 10 frags per soul.. 40 souls.... or was it 5 frags per and 80 souls??? Anyway..... no Emperor.... after all those souls... so.. do I spend the ~$30 to get ironite TODAY so I can buy the 10 remaining souls that will give me enough frags - because I KNOW the frags will be useless after today (other than converting them). As this event has shown, saving the frags means nothing. Devs aren't that thoughtful. - -but also knowing FULL WELL that the chances of those last 10 souls dropping the Emperor seem to be greater if things follow past events.....

... all this for a character I probably won't even use in a week.......

PASS........ Improve the odds devs!!!!! And come on already.. put Emperor in Warrior/Rare souls....

wipp
05-21-2019, 08:19 PM
I opened almost 30 and got nothing.then i went back to the store and baught one single soul hrs later and pulled emperior

Metalsquire
05-21-2019, 08:25 PM
Yes, I was also EXTREMELY disappointed that the Emperor fragments did not accumulate with the previous ones.

bort
05-22-2019, 03:56 AM
What was the last login reward? My phone bugged and replaced the reward with other popups. I have no doubt I got it; just unsure what "it" was.

Yup
05-22-2019, 04:38 AM
Glad they seemed to have extended this beyond the last rollover. Good.

@Bort.. complete Steel talisman 3-set (skilled), 5 Sun and Steel Souls.. 3 skill shards.. some Frontier Coins.. and I think maybe a bit of gold? Not sure after frontier coins.

Natasmai
05-22-2019, 11:15 AM
same thing happened to me, i was wondering what the final reward was. I saw the extra 5 souls and new the talisman set was part of it. thanks for the info Yup

blade685
05-22-2019, 12:07 PM
i m at 160 frag and will not reach 500 with ironit for samurai (5000 used for blue hierophant loot)

Bakura
05-22-2019, 01:43 PM
I wonder who paid the $19.99 for a set of Steel talis, and then days later they give everyone a FREE set (not to mention, they are free for trooper badges.) 😎

Blade
05-22-2019, 01:51 PM
same thing happened to me, i was wondering what the final reward was. I saw the extra 5 souls and new the talisman set was part of it. thanks for the info Yup

Same here! Thanks for sharing, Yup!

I wonder who paid the $19.99 for a set of Steel talis, and then days later they give everyone a FREE set (not to mention, they are free for trooper badges.) ��

Good that you did not mention the badges :D Classic NF move to tell people that they dived into that trap completely - lol!

Yup
05-22-2019, 08:08 PM
Well, in all fairness they did give out the "Skilled" class , which is the, uhm, let's say "less useful", class for warrior talismans :)

FYI... since they extended the event, and my 30 days of ironite had stopped, I did get enough souls to get enough fragments to get Emperor Ed... Now all I'm missing is Daedalus.

I am kind of sick of White T1 Cosmics though.... It's becoming 4 times the chore to get them, but the same reward as pulling 3 star toons from rare souls. You would think, given the trouble to get the frags, they'd drop higher tier cosmics a tad more often.

Bakura
05-22-2019, 09:03 PM
I agree.
I was hoping to get the 4 two star cosmic runes in the store with the extra warrior Heiro frags, BUT they limit a one time purchase. WTF..... why should they care if I get more? I would have used more Ironite to farm frags, to trade for runes.... which leads to buying more Ironite for $. They shoot themselves in the foot.

Muzzleloader
05-22-2019, 10:09 PM
I didn't pay attention about the one time offer only. I wanted 4 T2 evo runes. I wouldn't have grinded as much as I did.

Esquatcho
05-23-2019, 12:17 AM
Well, in all fairness they did give out the "Skilled" class , which is the, uhm, let's say "less useful", class for warrior talismans :)

FYI... since they extended the event, and my 30 days of ironite had stopped, I did get enough souls to get enough fragments to get Emperor Ed... Now all I'm missing is Daedalus.

I am kind of sick of White T1 Cosmics though.... It's becoming 4 times the chore to get them, but the same reward as pulling 3 star toons from rare souls. You would think, given the trouble to get the frags, they'd drop higher tier cosmics a tad more often.

At least with the cosmics you get the epic frags now, meaning over time you will get better ones (hopefully!)