PDA

View Full Version : The problem with dodge...

Lthepostman
05-18-2019, 06:39 PM
I think that we all agree that dodge is one of the most annoying thing in pvp since the Assassin Banshee came out and labyrinth talismans have just enhanced this problem. So more or less everything in this game has its counter but dodge hasn't. There's nothing you can do about it, you can only hope that the hit you are landing will actually deal damage. In my opinion it's time to put an and to this and the thing I thought was: let's make Accuracy and especially perfect accuracy up do this job.

It would make sense that an extremely accurate hit could not be dodged so why don't we make those buffs also affect the enemy dodge chance. For example if you have the perfect accuracy up buff the enemy cannot dodge your attack, and if you have the regular accuracy up his dodge chance is reduced by 50%.

I actually thought that maybe another buff, or a new attack feature like "inevitable" could be introduced, but boosting accuracy up would make some toons more interesting as they could shake meta a bit.

Same thing can be said about Blockers. I think that some toons could have "stealthy" attacks that cannot be protected against. In this sense newer toons with inevitable and stealthy attacks might really be game changing.

Liu
05-18-2019, 07:49 PM
There are counters. Has been posted on the forum. Ass banshee + blocker is not being used often because its actually not a strong defense. Also I dont see a problem with labs. just makes characters live longer, but not necessarily dangerous. Vipers are much more dangerous. I dont see the need to introduce extra abilities that bypass blockers the only thing it does is creating more bugs. Just use passive disable and you're good to go.

HK-47
05-18-2019, 11:48 PM
I think that Labyrinth talismans should have a time limit, say 3 turns. Otherwise I'm there for a couple minutes attacking away at one character, wearing him down for ages. Another way would be to have burn effects actually work on the talisman set, ideally by the same rules as a regular hit.

rags-6094
05-19-2019, 12:30 AM
I actually think the original post here is a good idea, particularly if the attacking team is manually playing and manage to hit the opposition with perfect hits. This assures the winning team will be based on skill and timing from the player rather than how much luck or money they have.
Might need to rethink how that would work on auto though...

Yup
05-19-2019, 01:52 AM
Ya'll should realize MOST new 4-6 set talismans "dodge" to a degree.. banners, (the new yellow 5 set.. light-someting), (the green 5 set that looks like a rocket ship or A), vipers, labyrinth, tomb... they all "reduce damage by X%".

I think the only really annoying aspect is vipers on Charlotte due to her "heal on basic" ability... But once you get around that.. none of the sets are a real issue. And they are introducing counters to a degree.. Gunner Hierophant gets extra turns by attacking an enemy wearing Labyrinths.. etc.

Muzzleloader
05-19-2019, 02:27 AM
That's a new angle on enticing players to get the new greatest thing. Create a talisman that is a pain in the butt, then create a toon that gives an advantage to attack a toon wearing that specific talisman. Now we need a talisman that gains an advantage against a specific toon.

Maiden68
05-22-2019, 04:34 AM
How about make it to where You can ACTUALLY get a "set of Talismans complete" instead of one or two out of a 5 or 6 set every Stinking time!!!

Stormseye
05-22-2019, 05:37 AM
I think the only really annoying aspect is vipers on Charlotte due to her "heal on basic" ability... But once you get around that.. none of the sets are a real issue. And they are introducing counters to a degree.. Gunner Hierophant gets extra turns by attacking an enemy wearing Labyrinths.. etc.

Musashi can also be a pain with his heals and I don’t feel like they lowered the counter on Vipers one single %.

EnricoPalazzo
05-22-2019, 06:43 AM
What I'd like to see is a talisman that disables talisman effects, either as a passive skill or on hit.
That would shake things up for sure.
Currently, disable and passie disable are abundant, and talismans have become more decisive than the toons wearing them, but you cannot see talismans before you enter a PVP or Gauntlet battle.
Having a talisman set that can disable talisman effects would be really interesting.

Yup
05-22-2019, 07:55 AM
Musashi can also be a pain with his heals and I don’t feel like they lowered the counter on Vipers one single %.

But Musashi won't revive a whole team right when he's down to a freakin sliver of HP left. :) I HATE when that happens the one time I can't stun or silence here and .. another 5 minutes fighting.. I generally win, but it's still annoying.

I thought the same thing about a talisman disable Enrico... but then.. what's disabled??? I mean are the HP +15% boost also disabled? There's such a wide range of what talismans do... I think it would need to be targeted. Something like "disable all talisman damage blocking effects" or something.

scott-5496
05-22-2019, 09:30 AM
I am never even sure when disable works or not these days - there are so many convluted talisman concoctions out there that yu never iknow what you are going to face even though most of the time you do. I tend to steer away from teams that look strong and have a Prisoner but I have taken on a few in arena and they have been one or two round kills - they looked like a killer team but their talismans were rubbish! Nice tactic though!

Prioner just knackers my attack 50% of the time if he has super strong buddies alongside him so I just leave them and move on as I cant be arsed with the gamble and the time to change my team. Now, when I get my disable on the defence team with Gambler it is usually lights out in one big hit....which can be fun to watch!

I do like the idea of perfect hit or one of the accuracy buffs helping to overcome certain tallies but I fear that that would cause the uprising of a new meta as loads of characters and tallies have that sort of buff I think.

We just all have to get used to the OP chase - I was lucky this time and actually got Gambler so for once I am in a good place with RNG! I even got the gunner Hierophant this time too and he seems to be decent....nothing else of course but hey ho that's the way it goes!

Lthepostman
05-26-2019, 03:11 PM
Now that we need to complete 300+ battles on pvp for current event I dare you all to say that Dodge is not an issue :p It's already time consuming by itself, as the number of battles is high and little to no people at all are using a weak defense. Add in a set or two of labyrinths per match, and it will be twice as annoying. And does it even make sense that dodge also applies to dots? The one thing I don't like is the fact that you CANNOT counter that in any way and waste 1-2+ minutes to kill the last toon with labyrinths.....

Yup
05-26-2019, 04:33 PM
It's no more an issue now than it was a week ago. It just takes a bit of practice to learn how to get around it.

Esquatcho
05-26-2019, 11:18 PM
It's no more an issue now than it was a week ago. It just takes a bit of practice to learn how to get around it.

True, but there is no doubt in my mind at all that the total number of battles in the arena have dropped due to the average length of battle increasing. So getting the wins + getting enough VP is now much trickier.

I do think it spreads the top out a bit more, but still makes it a little crappy for the mid-pack