PDA

View Full Version : Went Looking for a T-Shirt, Wound Up Here!

Tengu316
05-23-2019, 05:05 PM
Hi, everybody! My in-game is Tengu316 and I'm in the US. I was looking for a Legacy tour shirt, and Google popped the game up. :D

Been playing for a couple of weeks, have no clue what I'm doing (very much in "what does this button do?" mode), but having a blast anyway (and the tips/guides help tons)!

Nice to be here! \m/

Diamondhead2112
05-24-2019, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the funny farm

HuckFinn150
05-24-2019, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the machine. Best advice to start with is to don't get overwhelmed and remember it's a great game at the core. Don't be in a rush to top, just enjoy. Ask questions as you get them. The forum is a great place to help keep your sanity lol.

Amarthir
05-25-2019, 12:49 AM
Best bit of early advice I can give is play your skull quests and don't use your ironite on souls. There's a 90% chance most of the time that you'll get a 3* character.

Save your duplicate 4* and 5* characters for sacrifice events, that way you get more bang for your buck. Don't sacrifice someone who you only have one of, it could be a while before you see them again.

Don't buy into talisman hype, almost all new Talismans are introduced in the pay store and all of them eventually are offered for free after a month or so.

When you get to Powerslave, which is the last mission in Kingdom of the Sands, you should practice autoplaying that mission on madness level once you have the characters to do it.

Muzzleloader
05-25-2019, 02:11 AM
Some more advice play arena or gauntlet as much as possible to earn Iron Coins. Use all your SoW even if you lose in arena, you still earn 1 IC for a lose.

Be careful on how you spend your resources. Gold, toon evo materials and rune evo materials. At first gold seems plentiful, but it can be a limited factor later on in the game.

If you have any questions on what toons and rune combos just ask.

Yup
05-25-2019, 05:31 AM
Enjoy the full Sands of Time refills when you "power up". Once you get to level 100, there are no more free refills, ever. :)

Maiden68
05-25-2019, 05:56 AM
Enjoy the full Sands of Time refills when you "power up". Once you get to level 100, there are no more free refills, ever. :)

What!?!? I never heard that!! Then what the Hell you supposed to do after that??
:rolleyes:

Yup
05-25-2019, 11:11 AM
..wait for things to refill.

It's frankly STUPID that there's no SOT refill at the daily rollover.

Liu
05-25-2019, 11:15 AM
..wait for things to refill.

It's frankly STUPID that there's no SOT refill at the daily rollover.

No that'd be unfair for europe based players as they would lose 80 sot of natural refill while they sleep, while those in australia and the us can use such a refill to the fullest. if you want this refill, let us put it at sydney 2 am, that would put the smallest possible amount of players at a disadvantage. right ? ;)

Olevipoeg
05-25-2019, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the funny farm

I really like this jacket but the sleeves are much too long. :)

Yup
05-25-2019, 09:56 PM
No that'd be unfair for europe based players as they would lose 80 sot of natural refill while they sleep, while those in australia and the us can use such a refill to the fullest. if you want this refill, let us put it at sydney 2 am, that would put the smallest possible amount of players at a disadvantage. right ? ;)

2 refills a day.. 1 at midnight GMT and 1 at noon GMT. ... if not a full refill then half a refill twice a day. :)

Muzzleloader
05-25-2019, 11:31 PM
You can a a refill anytime you want, its only 30 ironite.

They increased the SoW from 80 to 120 per refill without changing the cost. There wasnt much said about generous increase.

Tengu316
05-28-2019, 10:05 PM
Thanks, everybody, for the warm welcome! And BIG thanks for the advice -- already paid off for me (and kept me from being stoopid)! ;)

Wound up with an Eddie I have ZERO clue about getting to work so... off to ask questions! Thanks again!

scott-5496
05-29-2019, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the madness. Have fun and ask away on the questions - that is what we are here for in many ways. Never be scared to ask what might seem like a daft question. I wish I knew about this forum when I found the game as it took me a while to get some of the basics like how to get a set effect to work on talismans - I never got the 3 set/4 set thing for weeks! Yeah, I know what an ass!

Tengu316
06-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Man, you guys ROCK! Thanks to all the advice you gave me, I managed to clear out Underworld on Madness and doing much better in Arena/Gauntlet. I'm having a real blast now! Thanks again!

koeni-8626
06-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Hi Tengu,

hope you still enjoy the game ;-) you are lucky you found the forum quite soon, I played for months in the "do random stuff" mode before I started to do it properly!

If you give me your account name, I can add you as a trooper ;-)

cheers,