PDA

View Full Version : Towerfall (Gauntlet) - Complete Challenges for NEW 6-Set Brave Talismans + MORE

Leviathan
05-27-2019, 12:05 AM
Complete specific challenges in the Gauntlet for valuable rewards!

From now until June 9th at 5PM PDT, complete event challenges in the Gauntlet to earn rewards such as Cosmic Evo Materials, Talisman Soul Fragments, Ironite and more!

You can also earn a full set of Brave Talismans by completing class-specific Gauntlet Battle event challenges!

Brave Talismans are green talismans with a 6 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip them to grant a random offensive or defensive buff to self for 2 turns whenever you take damage.

Finally, we have a few deals available to help your Sentinels survive the battles ahead!

We have 2 Sentinel Gauntlet Packs on offer in our Limited Offers store in the Cosmos! The Sentinel Soul Pack provides Ironite, 5⭐ Green XP Shards, Rare Sentinel Souls and a Sentinel Legendary Soul to fill in and power up your team! The Sentinel Talisman Pack provides Ironite, 5⭐ Green XP Runes, Skill Shards and a full set of both Titan and Heal Talismans!
Grab the “Brave Talisman Finisher Set”. If you are having trouble collecting all 6 talismans from the event challenges, you can buy 2 Brave talismans for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Brave Talismans)

Zugzwang
05-27-2019, 12:46 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zyrpbvfcslrhfb/Gauntlet%20Server%20Error.MOV?dl=0

Leviathan PLEASE for the love of God help me in Gauntlet. I got a loss counted on the 4th battle due to a server error. Sent in Ticket and video. Please tell me it can be reset now. I was told it;s being worked on.

This LITERALLY happens to me every week. I'm suprised I made 2nd place. How can I ever hope to make 1st if I lose to this? I'll lose enough as it is. Last time it was 3 battles. Now it's already 1 to no fault of my own. Please can you reset my Gauntlet completely? No point in playing otherwise.

Thanks.

Esquatcho
05-27-2019, 03:49 AM
Outside of buying them, where can you get heal talismans!?

Yup
05-27-2019, 04:51 AM
They drop randomly from skull quests.. that's the only place I'm aware of.

Yup
05-27-2019, 04:53 AM
This LITERALLY happens to me every week.

Happens to many of us regularly... trick is.. when the app starts getting sluggish and "stuttering".. quit the app and relaunch it.

1 loss will not prevent you from ranking high in the gauntlet.

Beddie
05-27-2019, 08:49 AM
Is this the first event for the gauntlet where you got achievements

Liu
05-27-2019, 08:55 AM
Is this the first event for the gauntlet where you got achievements

towerfall was live with the gauntlet season 2, i think on its last 2 weeks. event goals were the similar, but you had to use blue talismans. also you had to win 5 battles with warrior toons and 10 with magic toons (if i recall properly). had the same name, so you can search the announcements section for the previous towerfall event.

kgk56
05-27-2019, 09:12 AM
Easiest achievements to get the 6 talismans

Blade
05-27-2019, 10:14 AM

That's right and I absolutely like it, so almost all players can grab a set. However, it is not very surprising that the set isn't that great then :)

Banished
05-27-2019, 11:08 AM
Outside of buying them, where can you get heal talismans!?

I got mine from skull events or satellite events

SinGularity-8786
05-27-2019, 11:19 AM
Would be nice to have at least a chance to complete achievements while events are running…
Win Gauntlet Battles With Specific Talismans (Eternal/Sacrificial) feels the same like Avengers needed some weeks ago… or spend 700 Frontier Coins event.
OK sacrificial is my own choice not to waste 750 Frontier Coins on... but only got 4 Eternal so far from 2 Dungeons (over 1k runs each) and St.Paddy-event.

Yup
05-27-2019, 12:12 PM

IF you have the wherewithal to note the achievements before diving in. Fairly easy to tick them off all by grade B or A --- which is nice, for a change. But if you waited until you were at grade C or B to check the achievements.. well.. that could put some players in a pickle.

MuzakMaker
05-27-2019, 01:01 PM

The actual playing of the gauntlet battles was easy but without a decent talisman management system it took way more effort. Swapping talismans on 4 characters and then making sure they got the right ones back, took more time than the actual battles.

SteveHarris
05-27-2019, 01:04 PM
Not all my class specific wins are being counted. I've had to restart the app several times and keep running sentinel well past 10 wins for them to count.

hold
05-27-2019, 01:19 PM
Not all my class specific wins are being counted. I've had to restart the app several times and keep running sentinel well past 10 wins for them to count.

95% of the challenges don't count here ... am I surprised? Not really ... I would be surprised if stuff would start working for a change ...

ill
05-27-2019, 01:48 PM
I'm randomly getting credit or not. First round nothing. Second round I get credit on 2 of 3 matches. 3rd match nothing. I'm using the selected talisman on all blue or green teams. Looks like I get credit for everything or nothing. Still having fun tho! Thx for putting together the event.

gogosox40
05-27-2019, 02:18 PM
Not sure if I want to play a battle yet if people are not getting credit for the accomplishments or not. I'll wait a few days

Rigo
05-27-2019, 02:43 PM
Played one with Magus ,not count.
Played Heal, Eternal, Power, Advantage talismans , not count.
All of them 0/*

Volrath
05-27-2019, 03:11 PM
Easiest 6-set talisman I ever got. Although I'm not thrilled they're all Mystical type. Whoever has them won't be doing all that much damage.

Liu
05-27-2019, 03:26 PM
Easiest 6-set talisman I ever got. Although I'm not thrilled they're all Mystical type. Whoever has them won't be doing all that much damage.

I actually prefer msytical over ward/overwhelming as the hp gain is quite substantial, while the damage boost of the other 2 sub-types is small compared to other talisman colors. I reckon they work well on toons that scale well with max hp and/or def/mr, such as pharaoh/ramesses. That being said, when I have to chose between either eternal or brave set, I much rather equip eternal.

Tim28213
05-27-2019, 06:46 PM
I can confirm that not all of the events are being counted properly. I had 8 count for sentinel and the 9th didn't register even after restart.
There is no point in putting in a ticket. They won't do anything about it. The event will be long over by the time they even read it. I don't even get apologies in the replies to the last few old tickets they responded to.

Esquatcho
05-28-2019, 03:50 AM
Is it worth me spending 500FC on 2xsacrifice talismans to get 30xheroic legendary frags / 2x2*cosmic runes / 25 comsic frags?

Im thinking no as sac talismans arent that great anyway, but keen to hear other peoples thoughts!?

MetalKing
05-28-2019, 06:23 AM
Grab the “Brave Talisman Finisher Set”. If you are having trouble collecting all 6 talismans from the event challenges, you can buy 2 Brave talismans for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Brave Talismans)"
The set of 2 Braves are not in my store at all

Yup
05-28-2019, 06:44 AM
Not in mine either.

Liu
05-28-2019, 07:11 AM
Is it worth me spending 500FC on 2xsacrifice talismans to get 30xheroic legendary frags / 2x2*cosmic runes / 25 comsic frags?

Im thinking no as sac talismans arent that great anyway, but keen to hear other peoples thoughts!?

I had the same choice. To me the answer is very clearly no. We can see how the fc store has been bloated recently, and how prices have been inflated. Sacrifice talismans seem totally useless to me. Therefore, an investment of 500, or in my case 750 fc, for 8.75% of a cosmic souls that's gonna end up a white t1 anyways is not worth it. All these cosmic materials can be gained from other sources, albeit slowly (but probably faster than the massive amounts of fc needed nowadays).

thealchemist
05-28-2019, 09:38 AM
Yep the count error seems to be happening for a lot of us. I am missing a win with sentinel only, possibly on some of the talisman ones too but hard to be sure as I haven't recorded how many times I have done each. It shouldn't be too big of a deal, just a major pain as inventory management sucks big time.

scott-5496
05-28-2019, 09:42 AM
Think it all worked 100% as it should for me on my account.

dragonmat89
05-28-2019, 09:43 AM
I've noticed that missed counts seem to be when you also get one of the other awards, e.g. completing a tier or completing a class requirement in the same round as completing a talisman requirement.

Beddie
05-28-2019, 06:43 PM
So can we agree that this has been the shitty month for Events in 2019

Muzzleloader
05-28-2019, 07:42 PM
I dont think the events were that bad at all this month. If you realize everything isnt free and easy and complete what you are comfortable with, the events can give valuable rewards.

The current gauntlet is relatively easy for mid to upper tier players.
The current arena event is very nice and easy. Earn 100 wins and earn precious cosmic evo materials
The sac event was a standard event that gave a talisman set and normal rewards.
The LoL was easy and the rewards were great, especially the purchased rewards.
The cosmos event was easy to complete.
The dungeon event was as normal with the possible exception of a very difficult and tedious madness mission.

Yup
05-28-2019, 07:46 PM
There was a talisman set from the sac event? I though it was only assassin frags. Did I miss something?

edsel
05-28-2019, 07:55 PM
There was a talisman set from the sac event? I though it was only assassin frags. Did I miss something?

Events tab at bottom show 5 set meant for Ferryman5565

infinite dreamer
05-28-2019, 08:10 PM
I thought this set (Eternity) wasn't supposed to be used on Ferryman because it will heal enemies and cleanse doom?

Yup
05-28-2019, 08:26 PM
Oh.. HA! Went by so fast I forgot :)

I thought this set (Eternity) wasn't supposed to be used on Ferryman because it will heal enemies and cleanse doom?

Exactly... although.. just for fun, i threw mine on one of the Ferryman's I have. :)

bort
05-28-2019, 08:40 PM

I found ferryman on offence to be near-useless as he overwrites 1-turn doom with 2-turn doom.

ill
05-28-2019, 08:59 PM
Woohoo, counter is working!

MetalKing
05-29-2019, 11:44 AM
Leviathan or Kaz, can we check on the 2 brave talismans availability in the store for ironite? Thanks.

Olevipoeg
05-29-2019, 12:27 PM
Oh.. HA! Went by so fast I forgot :)

Exactly... although.. just for fun, i threw mine on one of the Ferryman's I have. :)

It could be wonderful combo for doing event goals. Sadly i cannot use it, cause i went accidently over talisman inventory limits and never got full eternity set.

Killer-Frost
06-03-2019, 01:19 PM
The brave set for purchase on the store foe ironite isn't available. Can someone help? I actually have thoughts using it

MetalKing
06-03-2019, 07:59 PM
The brave set for purchase on the store foe ironite isn't available. Can someone help? I actually have thoughts using it
They advertised it but didn't put it in the store. I ended up spending my ironite for a warlord, but would have gotten more ironite to finish the brave set.

Symbiote
06-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Oh man.., this stupid bullshit Gauntlet Bug crap..,

I swapped all the fucking talisman, to try to fight against this damn Benjamin Breeg Team and this Ninja Bitches..,
But then triggering my Benjamin Breeg MR/DEF down Debuff stopped working.., they don't had any Immunity up or something else..,
With only Benjamin and Sentinel Banshee left and this fucking 10304503404024% Trigger Chance for the fucking AI.. i rage quitted this bullshit..,

Now i can swap all this fucking Talisman back to my other Character.., WHOOP what a fun..,

You wanted to give us Quality of Life improvements?
With this tap, tap, tap, for the class., it's better yeah, but it's no real improvement..,
Quality of Life improvements.., ahahahahaha... you're so funny.., It's more a Quality of Poop improvement... lol

What would, if you guys at NF would just fix this crap, and BALANCE this god damn game instead of making Talisman after Talisman? Mh? No?
Yeah.., i never played a game, which was so fucking annoying like this one because of this unbalancend, unfnished features full of bugs..,

Wow.., sorry guys here in the forum.., i needed this... xD

URock
06-07-2019, 03:02 PM
I didn't received the event-quest-reward for reaching level AAA. Bug or what?

Amarthir
06-09-2019, 06:05 AM
Did some last minute gauntlet running since I figured out I was only 100 frontier coins away from getting the Ferryman and finished SS. It was all pretty easy for me, didn't suffer any losses but Christ the talisman management is just plain awful. Having to constantly swipe around is gonna give me carpal tunnel syndrome.

But hey at least I finally have the Ferryman now so I'm pretty happy about that plus tomorrow I'll get Necropolis as well.

Esquatcho
06-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Did some last minute gauntlet running since I figured out I was only 100 frontier coins away from getting the Ferryman and finished SS. It was all pretty easy for me, didn't suffer any losses but Christ the talisman management is just plain awful. Having to constantly swipe around is gonna give me carpal tunnel syndrome.

But hey at least I finally have the Ferryman now so I'm pretty happy about that plus tomorrow I'll get Necropolis as well.

Necropolis? I thought theyre radiants currently?

Edit: LOL! Just realised you meant the char, not the talismans! And thats because Im getting him tomorrow aswell. /smh