PDA

View Full Version : Strafing Run (Dungeon) - Debut of 4 New Characters including Aces Bomber Eddie!

Leviathan
06-05-2019, 12:09 AM

Aces Bomber Eddie and the Corrupt Feldmarschall are making their Legacy of the Beast debut.

These characters are fully skill sharded, special edition versions of Aces High Eddie and the Corrupt General, and are exclusive to the Soaring Soul.

From now until June 10th, 5 PM PT, go airborne and battle in the Strafing Run dungeon! The Strafing Run Dungeon comes with it’s own unique storyline (viewable the first time you complete Normal difficulty), and is packed with easter eggs!

The first time you complete one of the 3 floors available, you will be granted with set rewards including Soaring Souls and Purge Talismans. All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide Gunner Bomber Boy Soul Fragments, as well as a chance of up to 2 bonus rewards, including Primordial Talismans.

Gunner Bomber Boy fragments can be used in two different ways!

Trade in Store!
Trade the Bomber Boy Fragments you earn in the dungeon for items in the Event Shop. The following items are available:

Soaring Soul x1 (320 Gunner Bomber Boy Fragments, UNLIMITED)
Soaring Soul Pack (3 Souls) x1 (880 Gunner Bomber Boy Fragments, UNLIMITED)
Soaring Soul Mega-Pack (10 Souls) x1 (2500 Gunner Bomber Boy Fragments, UNLIMITED)
Heroic Legendary Soul 1x (750 Gunner Bomber Boy Fragments, 1 per event)
Gold 50,000x (50 Gunner Bomber Boy Fragments, UNLIMITED)
Rare Soul x1 (100 Gunner Bomber Boy Fragments, 10 times per event)

Obtain a Gunner Bomber Boy - Not Recommended until AFTER event!

Use 400 Bomber Boy Fragments to claim a Gunner Bomber Boy Soul. The Gunner Bomber Boy Soul is guaranteed to grant a 4★ Gunner Bomber Boy.

Converting Bomber Boy Fragments into their Souls and/or opening those Souls is not reversible, so please avoid converting your Bomber Boy Fragments until after this event is over.

After the event is over you can then claim a Bomber Boy Soul in order to add to your character pool (he’s great in the Daily Challenge dungeon!), or have fodder for your next big Sacrifice. Alternatively, you could convert these fragments into Precious Soul Fragments!

Soaring Soul Details

The Soaring Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, with an exclusive chance of getting the Corrupt Feldmarschall and Aces Bomber Eddie, and an increased chance of receiving the Gunner or Magus Pyro Soldier!

This Soul will drop as part of the first time victory rewards in the Strafing Dungeon, and you can earn Soaring Soul Fragments, as well as a FULL SET of Avenger Talismans, by completing Event Challenges.

Soaring Souls can also be purchased in the store using Gunner Bomber Boy Fragments.

Each Soaring Soul summoned will also grant bonus rewards of 10 Corrupt Feldmarschall Fragments, and 10 Aces Bomber Soul Fragments.

Collecting 750 Corrupt Feldmarschall Soul Fragments guarantees the Corrupt Feldmarschall, whereas 500 Aces Bomber Soul Fragments guarantees Aces Bomber Eddie.

Exclusive Chance

Aces Bomber Eddie (5★ Gunner): This special edition version of Aces High Eddie comes fully skill sharded and armed with the Spitfire passive, replacing the regular Aces High fury attack. This ability grants Eddie Perfect Immunity for the duration of the battle, and reduces all damage taken by 60%! Spitfire also removes Immunity and Perfect Immunity and inflicts 3 Marks on any target with the Labyrinth or Viper Talisman set equipped every turn.

Check out more on Aces Bomber Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post. (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11887-Aces-Bomber-Eddie-(Gunner-Type))

Corrupt Feldmarschall (5★ Magus): This special edition version of The Corrupt General comes fully skill sharded and armed with the Warmonger passive, replacing the regular Corrupt General fury attack. This ability grants him complete immunity to Magic Damage, as well as Perfect Immunity for the duration of battle! It will also Exhaust and Drain 1 power from each enemy that is stunned at the start of your turn every turn.

Please note that these characters are not currently available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit them, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Increased Chance

Pyro Soldier (4★ Gunner): A magic damager who can support your team by granting Perfect Accuracy and Perfect Heal Shields, and by inflicting Sleep on enemies.

Pyro Soldier (4★ Magus): A physical damager who inflicts True Burn and Time Bombs, and can increase the duration of negative effects on enemies.

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help:

We have 2 Power up deals on offer! These packs provide Ironite, a bit of gold, 5★ XP Shards to power up a new Corrupt Feldmarschall or Aces Bomber Eddie!
Grab an additional boost of Bomber Boy Soul Fragments to trade for more items in the Event Store. This Fragment Mega Pack also contains Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!
Get a full set of Avenger and/or Purge Talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, as a one-time only offer!
We have 3 Talisman Finisher packs on offer! Having trouble completing your Primordial, Avenger or Purge Talisman sets? Head to the store and grab the corresponding finisher pack!

edsel
06-05-2019, 12:59 AM
Awesome work guys

HuckFinn150
06-05-2019, 01:11 AM
Store really jumped in price for this event...

Stormseye
06-05-2019, 02:38 AM
Madness
Speed of Light Eddie - Alchemy/Cosmic
Alchemist - Angel/Immortality
Ferryman - Hex/Mark
Madam - Alchemy/Cosmic

Just under 3 min no losses on auto.

infinite dreamer
06-05-2019, 02:46 AM
That's a quicker team than I'm using for magus auto on madness:

7th Son (labyrinth & cosmic)
Derby Demon (viper & cosmic)
Ferryman (hex, immunity & cosmic)
Mariner (eternal)

HuckFinn150
06-05-2019, 03:30 AM
DDE can almost solo the hard level. I did it with Doomsday (shroud, tranquility), ibuki (mimic, warlord), Osiris (holy, piercing, crystal) and Redan (prime, predator and true) although she never took a first swing.

Stormseye
06-05-2019, 03:37 AM
Could swap out the one of the alchemy characters and use a multihitter with Inspiration talismans will probably make it faster but im done already.

GrimDusk
06-05-2019, 04:05 AM
So Ferryman is essentially necessary for the madness level to go quickly? Because currently this takes forever using 7th Son, Alchemist, Madam, and M Lilith.

bort
06-05-2019, 04:20 AM
That's a quicker team than I'm using for magus auto on madness:

7th Son (labyrinth & cosmic)
Derby Demon (viper & cosmic)
Ferryman (hex, immunity & cosmic)
Mariner (eternal)

I'm at about 4 minutes with this team

Olevipoeg
06-05-2019, 06:12 AM
DDE can almost solo the hard level. I did it with Doomsday (shroud, tranquility), ibuki (mimic, warlord), Osiris (holy, piercing, crystal) and Redan (prime, predator and true) although she never took a first swing.
The Eddie in last fight has nasty habit of sniping your Eddie.

Fudjo
06-05-2019, 06:22 AM
Here's my current Madness autofarm team:

Angel Eddie: Light, Cosmic
Killer Prime: Immunity, Sustaining, Warlord
The Ferryman: Immortal, Hex
The Madam: Alchemy, Cosmic

Small sample size so far, but it appears to be about 2min per run.

Yup
06-05-2019, 06:31 AM
Madness Magus.... (Can auto without issue.... but is much faster manual for 15 runs)

Crusader (true damager)
M Derby Demon (Physical Damager)
Ferryman (Random Damager - Buff remover - Doom)
Madam (to clear buffs on enemies)

------------------

Madness Auto (average 1min)

Gambler
A Hierophant
Musashi (Alchemy)
Killer Prime

-------------------------------

Devs.. I appreciate the colorless rune drops in this grind event. Thank you for considering that.

There are some visual errors.. iOS....

Sometimes enemies don't actually go away and will show up as "phantoms" still standing there even though you can't hit them. This was much more prevalent running an all Magus team.

There's a "layering" bug. . The player character on the right has the health bar and buffs *under* the enemy health bar and buffs on the left.

Also the angle of the dungeon is too great. I can't even see the leftmost enemy because the player character on the right blocks it almost entirely.

None of these issues seem to actually effect game play, but they are clear errors in the visuals.

satani
06-05-2019, 06:44 AM
as i read in the title "earn bomber boy fragments", i instantly thought of the LOL Magus Bomber Boy Event.
But well, a dungeon to get me to complete my third primordial set is ok.

To the new characters:
I like the idea of "old" characters getting a new version.
In my souls from clearing lv normal and hard i got the gunner pyro, but haven't checked by now what he does.
The alternative corrupt general looks good.
And the alternative aces high... a new/old eddie.
Haven't seen the moves of the magus pyro yet.

Mizrael
06-05-2019, 07:02 AM
Obviously, very little time went into actually testing the new dungeon...
camera angle too low-hard to see the enemy characters; waves being finished with enemies still standing; targeting the second near side enemy results in the target circle moving one enemy further once you initiate the attack; targeting the first near side enemy results in your character “laying down” and performing his attack animation vertically...

As Yup said, it’s nothing game changing and only visual. but it still proves that no QA has been done by the devs.

Liu
06-05-2019, 07:09 AM
odds, that you will pull at least 1 highlight after opening x souls:

5*
Expected number of Souls: 63
Souls: 5, chance: 7.79%
Souls: 10, chance: 14.98%
Souls: 25, chance: 33.35%
Souls: 50, chance: 55.58%
Souls: 75, chance: 70.39%

4*
Expected number of Souls: 19
Souls: 5, chance: 24.1%
Souls: 10, chance: 42.39%
Souls: 25, chance: 74.81%
Souls: 50, chance: 93.65%
Souls: 75, chance: 98.4%

compared to previous events, this event soul has odds that are about as double as high as previous event souls.

druid138
06-05-2019, 07:16 AM
This event reminds me a lot of the Ferryman grind, which was one of my favorite events ever. The new Aces Bomber and (especially) Corrupt General look great.

Other than the initial runs on each difficulty, I've only run Madness. Below are some estimates based on what I've seen so far, specific to Madness.

1300 (exactly) frags in 110 runs = 11.8 frags per run

I'll assume 14 runs per SoT refill, including natural accumulation plus drops.

So, 165 frags per SoT refill.

We need 2500 frags for a 10-pack of souls.

So, about 15 SoT refills or 450 ironite for a 10-pack . . . Half the cost of buying the 10-pack directly with ironite, plus you get all the other loot (including some ironite to offset the 450 cost).

It seems worth it to go all in on this one . . .

druid138
06-05-2019, 07:22 AM
Also, we've now seen an alternative Fury-less Eddie for every class except Assassin. I'm really hoping for an alternative Beast Eddie next month to coincide with the Tour kickoff.

trooper206
06-05-2019, 07:53 AM
Devs, thanks for the awesome dungeon, as well as the themed story that came with it!! This time people have the chance to spend ironite to collect souls and goodies, and if you have enough may be you can get the new characters. Thanks for this event. However, most of us will not earn a character who may turn to be an arena game changer. I mean we can now clearly see the tactic behind this. We earn so hard talismans like viper and labyrinith and after a month you one shot us with an exclusive chance character that renders them obsolete. Well, to me this is really low, but hey, who cares?The meta on this game turns to be a wild goose chase and I personally cannot support that for various reasons.

Symbiote
06-05-2019, 09:23 AM
The only thing i can say about this Event is after playing this dungeon, that the environment looks AWESOME!!!
Your Artists are doing a very nice job! <3

Edit: For the Class specific runs for the Event Achievements it would be nice to get after so many months a class restricted Auto-Replay.., i mean.., i don't know a lot of programming, but this code can't be that hard?

Aaron-5401
06-05-2019, 09:58 AM
I got the corrupt feldmarschall after just 3 event souls. First event character since day one! Looks awesome

URock
06-05-2019, 10:03 AM
"So, about 15 SoT refills or 450 ironite for a 10-pack"

x5 to get the new Eddie...

kgk56
06-05-2019, 10:05 AM
4 Souls & I pulled the Feldmarshall :)

URock
06-05-2019, 10:05 AM
Madness
Ferryman - Hex/Mark
Madam - Alchemy/Cosmic

Just under 3 min no losses on auto.

My team is very often dying in the first wave...(Speed of Light Eddie with oracle talismans)!!!

What are "Alchemy" talismans?
Edit: found them, but how to get them???

blade685
06-05-2019, 10:36 AM
4 Souls & I pulled the Feldmarshall :)

4 souls and 3* shit only ^^

HuckFinn150
06-05-2019, 10:46 AM
The Eddie in last fight has nasty habit of sniping your Eddie.

I guess that's where the system changes things. I watched it on auto and none of mine ever dropped health under 75% on any character. So, it was never an issue with the boss. I noticed the shroud working on my Doomsday almost constant.

SinGularity-8786
06-05-2019, 10:52 AM
@URock
alchemy was the first 5-set-talisman in march arena-event. Sad to say at the moment no chaance to get them.

Muzzleloader
06-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Instead of alchemy try fortune and inspiration. I dont have 2 sets of destiny so that was my alterantive.

scott-5496
06-05-2019, 11:02 AM
Went with:

Gambler
Ferrymen * 2 (both have Hex - one has Warlord and one has Sustain and a Cosmic)
The Madam (Alchemy and Csomic)

All with the usual talisman.

Not even sure I take any damage at the end of each round as I seem to be full health at the start of each and usually get rid of the last wave taking no damage due to shields from Alchemy.

Really liked the addition of the story side and the environment is really pretty spot on and appreciate the additional stuff in this one like all the planes flying in the background and the different planes in the background - an old Spitfire and Lancaster I think? But as others have said test it first folks - the angle is wrong as you can't see the other team and what buffs they have and there has been a few 'dead' on the defence still standing after they are wiped out which is rather odd!

All in all this looks like a cracking approach to an event like this. The rewards are plenty and it looks like with some insane farming you can get one or two of the exclusives even if it has a high ironite cost - thankfully I have a lot to use so wil be going deep into this one i think. Madness farming seems an easy one this time too as my team seems immune to damage.

So, in short congrats on a fine looking dungeon - shame about the angle of battle though. Rewards are pretty decent and varied and if you have ironite to burn you can do! Lots to get and buy if you want to.

URock
06-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Madness Magus:

Crusader Eddie (Shadow/Advantage)
Alchemist (Eclipse)
Ferryman (Hex/Tranquility/Cosmic)
Madam (Warlord/Fortune)

URock
06-05-2019, 11:10 AM
"From now until June 10th, 5 PM PT, go airborne and battle in the Strafing Run dungeon! The Strafing Run Dungeon comes with it’s own unique storyline (viewable the first time you complete Normal difficulty), and is packed with easter eggs!"

...what "easter eggs"???

scott-5496
06-05-2019, 11:31 AM
"From now until June 10th, 5 PM PT, go airborne and battle in the Strafing Run dungeon! The Strafing Run Dungeon comes with it’s own unique storyline (viewable the first time you complete Normal difficulty), and is packed with easter eggs!"

...what "easter eggs"???

There is stuff in the background you can 'find'. Reference to 'Ed Force One' on Hanger. Devil/666 picture on the Lancastern. Not sure if it is one but there is also 'UFO' on the side of a spitfire and they play in Maiden at gigs. Cardiff Simulators (Cardiff Avaition) also mentioned on a board and Bruce is CEO of that company - they lease planes out and do engineering/repairs and training of pilots I think.

kgk56
06-05-2019, 11:53 AM

...what "easter eggs"???

Kinder Surprise :)

slauki
06-05-2019, 11:58 AM
excellent event guys very good job on this one. even with a little story inside, this almost looks like new content :)

Muzzleloader
06-05-2019, 12:10 PM
What's the best non class specific team for madness has been found?

gogosox40
06-05-2019, 12:20 PM

Yes, especially for one without FFE, angel, gambler, notb, KP, or ferryman. LOL. :)

Volrath
06-05-2019, 01:15 PM
The airfield looks fantastic! I like the "Bruce Goose" hanger, hopefully flies better than the Spruce Goose.

I doubt I'll get the new characters, so I think I'll save the fragments for that Heroic Legendary to increase my chances of getting Redan next week.

URock
06-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Nice graphics, lame event as always. 800 boring auto-runs (really devs?) to get a few souls with such low chances to get something new or buy refills to play more boring auto-runs to get all the fragments needed.
I opened 7 of the new souls and got only a warrior bomber boy. This new gunner bomber boy is useless and the primordials with DEF/MR (only IF they drop) are lame.

Summery: another Eddie+toons I will get maybe next year when they return

Stormseye
06-05-2019, 03:04 PM

Alexander - Viper/Cosmic
1-Sentinel Troll - Inspiration/Greed (such an underrated character)
2-Maclo, Ball of Death - Greed/Warlord
3-Assassin Hierophant - Eternity/Random Yellow

Similar build to my daily dungeon and the key is to put the allies in the correct order to maximize their abilities. Best time on auto is 56 seconds average time is under 1:30.

Muzzleloader
06-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Stormseye, I dont have maclo. I'll try and replace with something else and see how it goes.

Stormseye
06-05-2019, 03:28 PM
You could use Killer Beast or someone who can remove beneficial effects. Without buffs the enemies are pretty wimpy. You can even inflict Doom on the final Boss. Someone asked to make a team without FFE/Ferryman/KP and the like so if have those it should be faster but I was offering some alternative choices.

Also sent you a trooper request since I have spot open and we are not troopers for some reason.

Yup
06-05-2019, 04:43 PM

Gambler (Labyrinth)
A Hierophant (Tomb/Grail)
Musashi (Alchemy)
Killer Prime (Warlord/Sustaining/Tranquility)

~1min per run.

Most battles won with Gambler and Heirophant... Musashi to clear that odd invincibility/perfect health buff every now and then.. KP to mop up if needed and remove gold buffs at start.

Muzzleloader
06-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Yup. I tried stormseye team without maclo using a few different toons all about 2 minutes. I may try your team, but dont have Musashi.

My all magus team only took 2 minutes also.

trooper206
06-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Gambler,KP,Madam,and Charlotte with the usual arena tali set ups have given me from 0:39 to 1:40, on auto. I will agree with Yup, it is excellent that the devs allowed evo crystals, fc's, tali evo shards etc.. I cannot help but commend the team on the excellent job on the graphics, easter eggs, and overall launch. GREAT JOB NF. Although it is most likely that I lack the needed ironite to earn enough frags, you gave us players -like in the Ferryman event- the chance to gather frags and convert them to event souls. I couldn't ask for more, even though as I said it needs a big amount of ironite. Overall, thanks a lot.

For Magus only a little tip: Crusader(trap/warlord/sustaining)/Madam (alchemy/cosmic),Magus Derby demon with VALOR made the difference here/Ferryman(Hex/Mark). I did it on manual because I wanted to finish off quickly, every battle took me from 2:30 to 4:00.

Grunf
06-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Madness
Ferryman - Hex/Mark
Madam - Alchemy/Cosmic

any suggestions if one doesn't have Ferryman and Madam, with what more common toons this Magus madness can be done?

also i dont have alchemy, hex and mark talismans sets

thanks in advance

edit:
my blue team, lvl 100

Eddies:
Carriage Rider
Crusader
Grim Reaper
Seventh Son
Speed of Light
Wickerman

Allies:
Angel of Pain
Child of the Damned
Corrupt General
Corrupt Rescuer
Hellraiser
Kari, Valkyrie
Lady Azov
Lilith
Mayan Priestess
The Alchemist
Undead Rescuer
Minazuki, Shinobi
Sacro, Robo
Wicked Owl Cultist

trooper206
06-05-2019, 05:22 PM
any suggestions if one doesn't have Ferryman and Madam, with what more common toons this Magus madness can be done?

thanks in advance

edit:
my blue team, lvl 100

Eddies:
Carriage Rider
Crusader
Grim Reaper
Seventh Son
Speed of Light
Wickerman

Allies:
Angel of Pain
Child of the Damned
Corrupt General
Corrupt Rescuer
Hellraiser
Kari, Valkyrie
Lady Azov
Lilith
Mayan Priestess
The Alchemist
Undead Rescuer
Minazuki, Shinobi
Sacro, Robo
Wicked Owl Cultist

I would go with Crusader who deals true damage, Angel of pain who reduces beneficial effects by one turn, Alchemist with angel talis and mark or fate, and lilith with fortunes or if you don't have fortunes put destiny on. However, I think it will be tricky and time consuming. I wish you luck.

Amarthir
06-05-2019, 06:47 PM
My runs take 4-5 minutes each since I don't have the Ferryman but it still works on auto

Seventh Son Eddie: Labyrinth
Derby Demon: Viper
Hierophant: Light
Madam: Alchemy

The event itself is okay I guess. My arena team can clean up madness in about a minute with no issues so I guess it just takes alot of ironite to get what you want. The rewards are cool, you get colorless xp shards which are rather valuable and you also get sands of war, those will cut down on ironite needed for other stuff.

Symbiote
06-05-2019, 07:05 PM
Oh wow this time i was the lucky one. Out of the first stack of 7 Soaring Souls i got Ace's Bomber Eddie.
After i good day i came home, and snacked the 7 Souls and then this.

That's cool. :D

druid138
06-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Other than the initial runs on each difficulty, I've only run Madness. Below are some estimates based on what I've seen so far, specific to Madness.

1300 (exactly) frags in 110 runs = 11.8 frags per run

I'll assume 14 runs per SoT refill, including natural accumulation plus drops.

So, 165 frags per SoT refill.

We need 2500 frags for a 10-pack of souls.

So, about 15 SoT refills or 450 ironite for a 10-pack . . . Half the cost of buying the 10-pack directly with ironite, plus you get all the other loot (including some ironite to offset the 450 cost).

I just hit the 2500 fragment mark on run 211 (excluding the 3 initial pass runs), right in line with the figures quoted above.

CrazyHarry-2514
06-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Frustrating event, when you don't have the toons, the talismans nor the relics level to auto-play in Madness.
I was able to beat it once manually but have to resort to auto-play it in hard mode.

after 1 day
250 wins => 1300 fragments and about 2min/run counting loading time. if I do the math I will have to play non-stop 3.5 day (2500 wins needed) to get the Eddy only.

It is mainly the 1st wave that is the issue for me, all other waves are OK, for example with the Executioner, the last wave ends in 1 turn.

for the Gunner team I recommend Hallowed Edd with Siege passive, he won't get any damage from Ace Bomber Edd so no head shot risk (happened from time to time when I was using Doomsday)

SinGularity-8786
06-05-2019, 08:56 PM
First event with KP for me. Speeds it up a lot. Last events madness took manually ~20min.

rags-6094
06-05-2019, 09:23 PM
I’d be satisfied with a Magus Bomber Boy but to spite being a foe is not featured... that’s a bit odd!

Natasmai
06-05-2019, 09:31 PM
My runs take 4-5 minutes each since I don't have the Ferryman but it still works on auto

Seventh Son Eddie: Labyrinth
Derby Demon: Viper
Hierophant: Light
Madam: Alchemy

The event itself is okay I guess. My arena team can clean up madness in about a minute with no issues so I guess it just takes alot of ironite to get what you want. The rewards are cool, you get colorless xp shards which are rather valuable and you also get sands of war, those will cut down on ironite needed for other stuff.

the runs are rewarding multiple SoT each, plus whatever ironite I have been spending on SoT refills, has been returned in rewards as well. I would say this is a resource positive event for me. It is also the first time ive actually saw the value in running madness on farms. anyone thinking they arent interested in "spending" the ironite for this reward needs to buy a refill, run the full stack of SoT and then compare their before and after on ironite. this is the best event i have seen in a long time.

druid138
06-05-2019, 09:43 PM
the runs are rewarding multiple SoT each, plus whatever ironite I have been spending on SoT refills, has been returned in rewards as well. I would say this is a resource positive event for me. It is also the first time ive actually saw the value in running madness on farms. anyone thinking they arent interested in "spending" the ironite for this reward needs to buy a refill, run the full stack of SoT and then compare their before and after on ironite. this is the best event i have seen in a long time.

I totally agree. I haven't been tracking SoT and ironite drops. But, I have bought 15 refills so far for 450 ironite, yet my ironite balance is close to what it was when the event started (within 100 for sure).

rags-6094
06-05-2019, 09:46 PM
I absolutely agree!
I have been picking up rare souls and skill shards too, that’s on hard level.
I have made back probably 40 to 50% of ironite spent not to mention sow and sot rewards.

From my first 6 souls I finally picked up a non event character in Execution Eddie, gotta be happy with that!
I’ll save all remaining souls until I have completed the final Magis class quest and all 800 completed, which should happen in the next hour or so. Very nice work Lotb team!

slauki
06-05-2019, 09:52 PM
if everyone is happy about the event they fucked something up :D

Muzzleloader
06-05-2019, 09:53 PM
Rags, what team are you running to be able to complete 800 madness runs in one day.

Yup
06-05-2019, 10:33 PM

thanks in advance

edit:
my blue team, lvl 100

Eddies:
Carriage Rider
Crusader
Grim Reaper
Seventh Son
Speed of Light
Wickerman

Allies:
Angel of Pain
Child of the Damned
Corrupt General
Corrupt Rescuer
Hellraiser
Kari, Valkyrie
Lady Azov
Lilith
Mayan Priestess
The Alchemist
Undead Rescuer
Minazuki, Shinobi
Sacro, Robo
Wicked Owl Cultist

Crusader (True Damager and Ally Buff Cleanser)
Alchemist (Healer and cleanser)
Angel of Pain (reduce enemy buff length)

Then the problem you have is Gold Buffs. Nothing on that list will remove/steal/prevent gold buffs and there are a lot of them in Madness.

M Hellraiser may be good due to his Perfect Corruption passive at start. I don't recall if he'll remove gold buffs, but he will remove blue buffs, which can help.

Or throw in M Lilith to beef up defense via blocking to outlast all the enemy reviving that takes place in madness.

In my experience, you can pretty much forget about using SOL, Wickerman, and Carriage Rider for any event. They just aren't resilient enough for events. You can help them with some talisman setups - i.e. Labyrinth on 7thSon - but out of that list Crusader is the strongest, then 7thSon, then GRE.

----------------

No clue how Rags got 800 runs in already. I burned SOT all yesterday and overnight (all madness).... I'm only around 300 runs.

Grunf
06-05-2019, 11:04 PM
thanks for tips Trooper206 and Yup, i'll try those suggested setup tommorow on manual

i agree with you Yup, dont have any toon that can assist me with removing golden buffs, but i hope that slowly i'll manage it.

cheers

Yup
06-05-2019, 11:50 PM
If you have Radiant talismans and can throw those on a Magus character it may help. Or Necropolis talismans to inflict permadeath.

GrimDusk
06-06-2019, 01:23 AM
It seems Ace's Bomber Eddie is the best variant, overtaking Pharaoh Ramesses. His passive is quite good and Aces High Eddie was already pretty good for an older Eddie.

ericgallucci
06-06-2019, 01:30 AM
The first three clears give purge talismans which give a 25% of stealing a golden effect, not great but better than 0%

Mizrael
06-06-2019, 06:48 AM
i agree with you Yup, dont have any toon that can assist me with removing golden buffs, but i hope that slowly i'll manage it.

cheers

You could put Inspiration set on Speed of Light Eddie (if you have one). His “Tainted Attack” will then get rid of pretty much everything...

Liu
06-06-2019, 07:12 AM
Did they publish the droprate for the featured talisman somewhere ?
I'm on 550 runs and I've only gotten 1 so far. I've assumed the droprate is about 1%, but each person I've talked to so far nowhere near this.

druid138
06-06-2019, 07:24 AM
I'm on 550 runs and I've only gotten 1 so far. I've assumed the droprate is about 1%, but each person I've talked to so far nowhere near this.

I've seen 2 of them in 394 runs, all but 2 on madness.

Olevipoeg
06-06-2019, 08:16 AM
I've seen 2 of them in 394 runs, all but 2 on madness.
I got one from normal yesterday when I did warrior runs.

Iced_Earth
06-06-2019, 10:14 AM
rags would you share ur team ?

kgk56
06-06-2019, 10:22 AM
Bought my first pack of 10 souls : pulled the 2 pyro :) only missing the Eddie now

Yup
06-06-2019, 10:45 AM
REALLY wish they'd fix the crashing on auto-play....

I'm just over 300 runs and have picked up (I think) 5 Primordials. Full discloser I might have had 1 in stock already. I don't think so, but I tend to hang onto big set pieces.

Bakura
06-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Anyone really think this Bomber AH Ed is worth all this effort?
I see they gave him an overhaul and the passive looks cool, but once disabled, is he a contender in PvP?
Would one replace Gambler on their arena team?
We may never know until we see him in action, but I wanted to get Trooper' s advice.
I personally don't see him as a game changer, but I could be wrong.
I figured Ferryman would be junk if his passive was disabled, so I didn't try too hard to get him (didn't have the $ either.) I was wrong because it's not always easy to do.
I don't want to be wrong about this BAH Ed.
What do you guys think?

Yup
06-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Like ALL the no-fury Eds (other than Alex), he's not a PVP contender above a certain level. His ability to hit Labyrinth and Viper wearers is good.. but, much like Aces, he's an easy kill in spite of a good attack. He is merely not "well rounded" enough. I have him full power, fully sharded and have tried a few various talisman set ups on him.... meh... swapped out talismans for lesser-used sets and will use him in lower level gauntlet battles, but that's about it.

I also have the Field Marshal . and he's as useful as the Corrupt General, maybe slightly more. The main thing I've ALWAYS disliked about CG is the sheer fact he has a relatively weak fury. And he always seems to use the fury meter before the Ed or other more powerful characters use their fury. So basically you get CG without the fury aspect and some slight defense bonuses.

gogosox40
06-06-2019, 12:26 PM
Got enough frags and bought a 10 pack and got the bomber Eddie and gunner pyro. Still gonna battle for the evo runes and hopefully some FC. Just need 25 more to finally get Killer Prime KP.

Fudjo
06-06-2019, 02:58 PM
Like ALL the no-fury Eds (other than Alex), he's not a PVP contender above a certain level.

Your attack team has Gambler Eddie. ;)

scott-5496
06-06-2019, 03:24 PM
397 runs so far and I have 3 new Primordials so far. I have got loads of these already so not my main chase here. Think I will go for souls and frags and see where we go as my ironite is rarely used these days and have plenty to use up!

I have not seen the new Eddie or General in action yet - they both seem decent to me but maybe not game changers in the way you mention them but certainly useful for Gauntlet etc. Ferryman has weaknesses for sure but in PVE he pretty much cleans up with little to no damage being taken. My farming team has Gambler, Ferryman *2 and Madam and they very rarely take much of any damage at all. Time to complete Madness is around 1 minute 30-40 secs or so...maybe not the fastest team to be fair but it works 100% so far (actually I did get one defeat!).

Yup
06-06-2019, 05:01 PM
Your attack team has Gambler Eddie. ;)

Never stated it didn't. Not sure how that's relevant :)

scott-5496
06-06-2019, 06:04 PM
Gambler is a great Eddie for PVP for sure - it is the first time on this game that I have had the leading meta event Eddie so i am running with it as hard as I can until the meta moves on! Long live the Gambler! Hell after getting him I was not far off another event soul so I bought the remaining frags in the shop and actually got the Angel version too - that kind of good shit rarely happenes to me in this game so I decided that day to not bother gambling on anything like crossing the road or going past my front door and stayed in door for a week out of fear that a comet might hit me or lightening or some other freak of nature......

Bakura
06-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Gambler is a great Eddie for PVP for sure - it is the first time on this game that I have had the leading meta event Eddie so i am running with it as hard as I can until the meta moves on! Long live the Gambler! Hell after getting him I was not far off another event soul so I bought the remaining frags in the shop and actually got the Angel version too - that kind of good shit rarely happenes to me in this game so I decided that day to not bother gambling on anything like crossing the road or going past my front door and stayed in door for a week out of fear that a comet might hit me or lightening or some other freak of nature......

Ahaaaaa, see....he gets it!

infinite dreamer
06-06-2019, 07:00 PM

344 runs, mostly madness and I've gotten 3 talismans. As far as characters, so far I've pulled the blue pyro soldier.

hold
06-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Roughly 400 runs and 2 defeats in madness but 1 run in between 1 and 2 minutes:

- Doomsday - Labyrinth / Cosmos
- KP - Warlord, Sustaining, Immunity
- Ferryman - Hex, Immunity
- Prisoner - Primordeal

rags-6094
06-06-2019, 07:36 PM
I finished this event. All 800 runs done, most in normal level but probably 25% in hard level.
I got just the two primordial and I won’t be buying into that 500 ironite crap to finish off the set. I’ll either sell them or forget about them till they are offered again in another 6 months time.

So rather than throw in one or two souls as I earn them, I thought I’ll do something a little different for me and save them all up for one big dump, that is less the first 6 which were easily attainable.
So I used my saved frags and purchased the 10 pack, this I added to the 6 x I had earnt at the end of all the events.

Threw in 16 souls in one go..... all 16 x souls came back as 3* star crap just like normal.
It’s ok I will get over it, but what I was thinking about after was that the soul drop odds have always been extremely poor this we all know, but I guess there would have to be double the characters now to when the game begun, which means twice as hard to claim a new soul, and with so little reference to what exclusive chance really means? Well I must of really pissed someone off, it’s been a very long time since I gained the event character during the event....

So tired of being on the losing end of Lotb....

Segoy
06-06-2019, 07:37 PM
Does anyone have problem with blue Bomber Boy in the 2nd wave on Madness (first from the left)? He resists 98% of all types of damage and dies painfully slowly, sometimes killing my team (on auto) all by himself, when they are trying to kill just him, as last man standing. It takes 20+ turns just to kill this single guy. He blocks all three damage types, Stops all my team all the time, goes Vanish.... over and over again. What's wrong with this guy? Any help on this, please? Thank you.

On a side note:
I play the game since its release (occassionaly in the past, more in maybe last 12 moths) and all I can see is the gap between players widening - those who have the current strong characters get even stronger (auto madness farming = more frags, more talis, more resources (auto hard in this event returns only about 40 % of Ironite invested in SoT full Refill, yet you claim that auto madness provides surplus of Ironite)), etc.

My best characters until I got Gambler (had stack of rare souls + bought 1 set of frags) were Hallowed Eddie (great Jack of all trades, I still cannot praise him enough (and I don't understand how you can have more of him for sacrifices)), asassin Shinobi, assassin Krampus and red Derby Demon. Only recently I got Icarus and green Maclo. Hallowed/Gambler E, Icarus, Maclo and Krampus are my best team for everything. And despite I have some other strong characters, too, they are "old ones" and not able to compete with the current setup. They are just not strong enough to complete madness requirements in whatever event. You guys are gaining speed, we are falling behind.

This is not whimping, its just to correct the "easy-peasy" mood of the senior members I see here whenever I read these forums - it is far from easy for not "professional" player.

And yes, I stopped paying hard cash for anything in this game after I bought EUR 110 package with attempt to get Madam (when she was released) and got only useless thrash.

hold
06-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Does anyone have problem with blue Bomber Boy in the 2nd wave on Madness (first from the left)? He resists 98% of all types of damage and dies painfully slowly, sometimes killing my team (on auto) all by himself, when they are trying to kill just him, as last man standing. It takes 20+ turns just to kill this single guy. He blocks all three damage types, Stops all my team all the time, goes Vanish.... over and over again. What's wrong with this guy? Any help on this, please? Thank you.

He is not a big fan of my team ... goes down latest in round 2 - I quote fro above:

- Doomsday - Labyrinth / Cosmos
- KP - Warlord, Sustaining, Immunity
- Ferryman - Hex, Immunity
- Prisoner - Primordeal

Amarthir
06-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Just hit 500 wins and well I got 5 Primordials and an endless amount of sands of war and colorless 5* xp shards so that's where the real rewards are at. Still have 1,500 ironite to burn in this event, and I'm considering plundering it all to get the Eddie and the General since the events this month don't sound too ironite intensive, other than possibly Viral Frontier and Rites of Passage.

scott-5496
06-06-2019, 08:41 PM
I hear what you are saying Segoy - it can be tough if you dont have the characters/talisman for sure. My kids have accounts but dont have strong enought team for Madness so they either farm hard or normal - that is the way to go. For me it is a waste of time trying to push yourself to complete madness if you cant - just leave it and move on. Farming Hard or Normal, while not as effective/efficient is still a good way to get to your goals in the event. Just aim for an auto team that can clear without fails and set it off and let auto do the rest.

Sometimes it is just a bit of luck that you have the right tallies and characters to do stuff - I kept two Ferrymen - they can be rubbish on PVP but in PVE like this they can be a great part of a team - one of mu kids managed to get a Raven Witch and just that one gain has made everything else a bit easier for him.

It may be that you can get a manul team sorted for madness - no idea if you can or not but you must have decent tallies and plenty relics I think. More about surviving in madness level so you need to gear up for that if you have not got characters like Raven Witch or Ferryman or other really strong characters/blockers.......in my mind madness level should be really hard - sometimes they make so even I and others struggle to get an auto team - if that happens I drop down to hard and let it run on auto.

rags-6094
06-06-2019, 08:44 PM

On a side note:
I play the game since its release (occassionaly in the past, more in maybe last 12 moths) and all I can see is the gap between players widening - those who have the current strong characters get even stronger (auto madness farming = more frags, more talis, more resources (auto hard in this event returns only about 40 % of Ironite invested in SoT full Refill, yet you claim that auto madness provides surplus of Ironite)), etc.

My best characters until I got Gambler (had stack of rare souls + bought 1 set of frags) were Hallowed Eddie (great Jack of all trades, I still cannot praise him enough (and I don't understand how you can have more of him for sacrifices)), asassin Shinobi, assassin Krampus and red Derby Demon. Only recently I got Icarus and green Maclo. Hallowed/Gambler E, Icarus, Maclo and Krampus are my best team for everything. And despite I have some other strong characters, too, they are "old ones" and not able to compete with the current setup. They are just not strong enough to complete madness requirements in whatever event. You guys are gaining speed, we are falling behind.

This is not whimping, its just to correct the "easy-peasy" mood of the senior members I see here whenever I read these forums - it is far from easy for not "professional" player.

And yes, I stopped paying hard cash for anything in this game after I bought EUR 110 package with attempt to get Madam (when she was released) and got only useless thrash.

What hold said is the way to deal with part 1 of your post.

Perspective is a big part of the game, I can’t see how original players have a massive advantage and an ever widening gap between those who have and have not, I have seen some regular forum members here that weren’t original, become forces to reckon with, some put in the hours, some put in the money, some do both.
There’s still a large number of original members here that remember what the arena top contenders list consisted of on a week to week basis, the top 100 now used to be the top 25. There’s that many awesome players with plenty of depth that need only to make the decision to do the work and they can be No.1. 75% of them lifted their game in the past 12 months.

We’ve all been lacking for characters or Talisman or both at some time in the game, money will only get you so far.
I don’t mean to sound unsympathetic towards the newer player base, but we can only play with the characters and Talisman we’ve been given,earnt or purchased, play to that level!

We must be very close to LOTB’s 3rd Birthday, hopefully everyone will score well from the coming celebration/shananigans...

Muzzleloader
06-06-2019, 08:49 PM
Running madness does not supply a surplus of ironite. It appears that way for the first few hundred runs with the rewards for missions complete. Then you start to burn ironite. The last event similar to this was ferryman. It took 1500+ runs at a net of 2800 ironite to achieve. The rewards were tremendous, the featured toons, 50+ SS, 550 SoW, 250 3* colorless runes, unknown FC and colorless shards, not counting the endless hours.

If you have the time to burn and ironite these events are worth the effort.

Bakura
06-06-2019, 09:11 PM
Great observation. Its probably not always as easy as it seams for them either.
I'm not a senior member, but I've been playing catch up since July '18, spent ALOT of time & more money than I should. I feel I hold my own. I complete 99% of achievements/events, and have ranked just under eternal multiple times. I'm not boasting but what is "professional?" I've got most of the toons and all the talis, and just when I think I have "gotten up on the porch with the big dogs" and I feel I can downshift and glide for awhile, I then realize as soon as I get comfortable, I know I'll fall behind. What if I miss that meta changing toon or that new talis set "everyone" has? PvP is the proving ground and we all know it. If you want to stay in the top 50, or 100 even, can one afford to miss an event.
Navigator counts on this, the Fear of Missing Out. Usually it means not being included, but if we miss out on game changing essentials, will we miss not being included in the top rankings? You know, the ones the gamers on the FB page complain they'll never achieve for free.

URock
06-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Noob development:
the first wave on madness is sometimes so overpowered and kills my whole team, but the boss wave can be done with a single Alexander Eddie!

Yup
06-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Noob development:
the first wave on madness is sometimes so overpowered and kills my whole team, but the boss wave can be done with a single Alexander Eddie!

They've been doing that the last several dungeons... I guess if you must lose, better to lose early???

And @Sego that Magus bomber is wearing Labyrinth talismans.. that's why he doesn't take much damage.

HuckFinn150
06-07-2019, 02:59 AM
I just wish the view would be corrected. I have to select the most right toon to even see when to tap. Half the time I can't even see who I'm striking.

Liu
06-07-2019, 07:11 AM
It’s ok I will get over it, but what I was thinking about after was that the soul drop odds have always been extremely poor this we all know, but I guess there would have to be double the characters now to when the game begun, which means twice as hard to claim a new soul, and with so little reference to what exclusive chance really means? Well I must of really pissed someone off, it’s been a very long time since I gained the event character during the event....

Exclusive means you will only get it from this soul. The odds are layed out in the BoS info tab. There's a 2.54% to draw a 5*. This is about double as high as it used to be. The last event soul also had higher odds. When you are pulling a 5* there is a 63.38% chance it's going to be a highlight, i.e. either eddie or feldmarschall. It works similar, but with different numbers for 4*. Therefore your chances of getting the highlight are NOT affected by the size of the soul pool. I've posted the odds of pulling at least on highlight in a previous post - for your convenience:

odds, that you will pull at least 1 highlight after opening x souls:

5*
Expected number of Souls: 63
Souls: 5, chance: 7.79%
Souls: 10, chance: 14.98%
Souls: 25, chance: 33.35%
Souls: 50, chance: 55.58%
Souls: 75, chance: 70.39%

4*
Expected number of Souls: 19
Souls: 5, chance: 24.1%
Souls: 10, chance: 42.39%
Souls: 25, chance: 74.81%
Souls: 50, chance: 93.65%
Souls: 75, chance: 98.4%

Also note that random means random. Some, see fudjo, get 4x5* highlights in a 10 stack while others don't get a highlight for months. It's been like this for me as well. A high probability doesn't guarantuee you'll get anything, and a low probability doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get nothing. It just means, that if you open a very large amount of souls, the frequency of drawings of a 5* will converge to the probability of drawing a 5*.

scott-5496
06-07-2019, 11:27 AM
This event seems, for me anyway, to be a no lose event. I ttok a note of most of my resources prior to starting the event and all of them are better than they were by a long way in most cases and virtually neutral on ironite used - I have farmed madness of course and also done other stuff like daily dungeons/quests etc so that will have helped but so far I am almost ironite neutral after collecting 6161 frags, gaining around 4.5M gold, 220 SoW and various other stuff on top of that from the loot you get.

Defo a win, win this one even if I wil be down a little on ironite, it wont be much - maybe a hundred or so.

Natasmai
06-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Running madness does not supply a surplus of ironite. It appears that way for the first few hundred runs with the rewards for missions complete. Then you start to burn ironite. The last event similar to this was ferryman. It took 1500+ runs at a net of 2800 ironite to achieve. The rewards were tremendous, the featured toons, 50+ SS, 550 SoW, 250 3* colorless runes, unknown FC and colorless shards, not counting the endless hours.

If you have the time to burn and ironite these events are worth the effort.

you are right, since i hit the 800 wins I have seen the ironite slowly declining. Still awesome that you can at least clear all the achievements and be at roughly break-even on resources.

I got 4 primordial in the first 800 runs. I have gotten a TON of them since then. I have no idea how many runs im at anymore but every time I check I have another 1 or 2 talisman in the collection. All runs have been done on madness except for maybe the first 150 or so were on hard.

URock
06-07-2019, 01:49 PM
I farmed madness until I got the 2500 fragments and I bought a 10pack of event souls. I pulled the Magus Pyro Soldier.
No more motivation to go on, because madness takes too much time and auto-farming the whole day is stupid and boring.

Iced_Earth
06-07-2019, 01:51 PM
5605r

43 souls, really happy. Event is done for me

scott-5496
06-07-2019, 02:24 PM
Nice haul there dude. 4 Eddies! This is the thing with RNG you can get 4 and loads get nothing - it really is a weird one!

URock
06-07-2019, 02:48 PM
...facepalm...fck rng

Beddie
06-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Why does no one auto farm on normal

Liu
06-07-2019, 03:13 PM

Because the talisman drop is presumed to be unrelated to difficulty. If your objective is to maximize talisman drops you probably want to run on normal.

Mizrael
06-07-2019, 04:40 PM

You get 3-6 bomber boy fragments for 6 SoT on normal and 10-18 for 10 SoT on madness...
that’s my only reason.

raka71
06-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Almost 3 years I play (first day) and finaly I get event toon. Open 40 souls and I get bomber Eddie, 2x blue pyro and 2x yellow pyro. 780 runs , I get 2 talis. autofarm 80% on madness ,time 45 sec- 1 min i 30 sec

Fudjo
06-07-2019, 05:38 PM

If you're looking to get the event toons, farming on Madness is the most efficient in terms of Ironite-to-fragment ratio.

If you're looking for talismans, farming on Normal is the most efficient because the talisman drops aren't tied to the difficulty level.

Yup
06-07-2019, 06:16 PM
Am I wrong or is this the first frag event for a character that's been around for quite some time. I mean the Gunner Bomber Boy isn't new is he?? His abilities definitely aren't in line with new character abilities have been recently.

trooper206
06-07-2019, 06:25 PM
Please,fellow troopers, don't get me wrong or that I am whinning big time. This game is punishing players who are committed to it from day one. The way the RNG works is scandalous and provocative towards the players. Not only there seems to be a HUGE boost for newer players to get event characters with a few souls, but what is really infuriating is that players with may be 30 souls are earning the event characters not only once ,but twice or more. On the other hand, players like me, are grinding for years like crazy and have only won one or two times a highlight character through event souls. In this event I have wasted more than 50 (!!) souls to get lame characters, 3 4*,and of course the 3 star galore collection. Sorry but this stinks. I will spend all of my ironite but I will earn the two 5*, it is a personal bet this time. Just fix the way the RNG works!!

Yup
06-07-2019, 06:34 PM
FYI... 70 souls or more.. only the 2 pyro soldiers here. I got both the Ed and the Field Marshall via the frags - they haven't dropped from a soul.

I would agree that it seems the longer you play the less favorable "RNG" is in giving you event characters.

rags-6094
06-07-2019, 06:54 PM
I had a bit of a whinge a few pages back about not scoring event characters during the event.... then last night who should jump out but the event Eddie!
Still no other characters though.
Aces bomber Eddie seems to be loaded with some cool skills and his passive is designed as an anti Labyrinth/Viper
Two questions for those that have acquired him, 1. What’s your thoughts on him used in arena would he be competitive?

2. What Talisman to run him with? I’m using light Talisman atm but I’d say there’s something better...

Yup
06-07-2019, 06:55 PM
I tested him Rags.. the boost against Labyrinth/Viper isn't enough to make me want to use him. He is still a relatively easy kill. But that's just my opinion.

infinite dreamer
06-07-2019, 07:04 PM
602 runs, mostly madness. Received 6 talismans so far. Got magus and gunner pyro. No 5* event characters yet. I may need to pick up the pace if I'm going to get them via fragments. 2 things I like about these dungeons are all the rewards along the way (nice variety of stuff) and the characters are guaranteed for anyone who wants to grind (and spend the ironite). Props to those of you who have acquired the event characters, whether by pulling or grinding (that sounded better before I wrote it).

rags-6094
06-07-2019, 07:13 PM
I tested him Rags.. the boost against Labyrinth/Viper isn't enough to make me want to use him. He is still a relatively easy kill. But that's just my opinion.

I tested him too against some worthy comrades, The first one or two he seemed to die pretty quickly, then if the dice rolls his way, he can get multiple turns and clean up Labyrinth blockers and viper laden characters like their not even there.
I think it would be worth a bit more research, I might have to trade another character and put a blocker in my team again..

All I did for the test was use my current defence of Charlotte/Alchemist/Madam and replaced Alex with Bomber...

trooper206
06-07-2019, 07:16 PM
FYI... 70 souls or more.. only the 2 pyro soldiers here. I got both the Ed and the Field Marshall via the frags - they haven't dropped from a soul.

I would agree that it seems the longer you play the less favorable "RNG" is in giving you event characters.

Your case is worse than mine.Such a time consuming grind for 70 souls, should have gotten you at least a 5* highlight. I will also get the characters through frags, as well. It is just sometimes you can feel how unjust is RNG, and it can piss you off a lot.

kkkreg5
06-07-2019, 07:17 PM
Like Yup, acquired ABE and Feldmarschall via frags but here's the kicker... I dropped the ABE soul then the very next set of event souls dropped another ABE! The RNG is designed not to benefit long time players since these players have probably already spent money. Your chances of pulling event characters are lessened even more if you've spent dollars. It may be "random" but it IS manipulated.

trooper206
06-07-2019, 07:28 PM
Like Yup, acquired ABE and Feldmarschall via frags but here's the kicker... I dropped the ABE soul then the very next set of event souls dropped another ABE! The RNG is designed not to benefit long time players since these players have probably already spent money. Your chances of pulling event characters are lessened even more if you've spent dollars. It may be "random" but it IS manipulated.

But the thing is...newer players who are no money spenders are strongly favored as well. I don't know if NF throws a "hook" that way to make them spend cash in the future,but after that long of a time playing the game, I believe most of us have figured out that something is indeed manipulated, RNG concerned...

As far as you drop luck after having earned the characters through frags, well what can I say man?I would be pissed a little, if it happened to me ;) I am glad,however, you scored a second one. I am always happy when people earn characters.

Bakura
06-07-2019, 07:44 PM
I'm still on the fence about trying for these event characters, besides M. & G. Pyro, don't we already have these toons?

Sure BAH Ed has a new passive, but the original AH was updated recently so the passive is the only thing new. Feldmarschall too. Granted, I agree with what Yup previously said about the passive for Feldmarschall being better than CG's fury, but still..... these toons are just rehashing old stuff.

I don't want to kick myself in the next weeks or so when they premiere brand new Ed & ally, cuz I wasted resources on this rehashed stuff.

Amarthir
06-07-2019, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty happy right now, bought my fifth 10-pack and got the Corrupt Field Marshal then got aces bomber from the fragments so lucky me.

Yup
06-07-2019, 09:01 PM
575 runs.. I have 6 Primordials now.... so....

URock
06-07-2019, 09:02 PM
How is it possible to farm so many fragments in 2 days? Impossible for me, because every run needs 3 minutes plus loading time.

wipp
06-07-2019, 10:08 PM
How is it possible to farm so many fragments in 2 days? Impossible for me, because every run needs 3 minutes plus loading time.

Im not sure either. I played for past few days for 3 souls that amounted to nothing

Amarthir
06-07-2019, 10:24 PM

My runs usually only take 1 minute and it's Gambler Eddie, Charlotte, Madam and Killer Prime

URock
06-07-2019, 10:33 PM
So...no Gambler + no Labyrinth Talisman = no new Eddie
Awesome event 😂

wipp
06-07-2019, 10:42 PM
Remember the labyrinth event? It cost 2500 frags for one. How people ended up with 2 sets is beyond me. I played the whole event and couldnt afford one tal

URock
06-07-2019, 10:51 PM
Because of all these motivation killers the game is still dying. So many players left this game and the social media sites showing less and less interest in this RNG-AUTO-FARM game.
In the beginning it was a nice classic round based adventure game with the best music.
R.I.P.

wipp
06-07-2019, 10:58 PM
I agree, whats left for us vets is a boring arena, and gauntlet. Unless your into doing the same thing over and over 800 timez. To me thats not fun, its annoying

druid138
06-07-2019, 11:34 PM
So...no Gambler + no Labyrinth Talisman = no new Eddie
Awesome event ��

My Madness auto-farm team is FFE (Eternals), Charlotte (Vipers), KP, and Ferryman. It takes about 1.75 minutes per run on average. I've lost maybe 6 times in 800+ runs.

I have also run it with Sekhmet or Prisoner (Radiants) instead of Ferryman with pretty similar results.

Good luck!

Yup
06-07-2019, 11:38 PM
Remember the labyrinth event? It cost 2500 frags for one. How people ended up with 2 sets is beyond me. I played the whole event and couldnt afford one tal

$19.99 for set 2 -- if you need ironite anyway... might as well get the set along with some ironite.

rags-6094
06-07-2019, 11:46 PM
Can any of you guys tell me, running Madness level Strafing dungeon, after the achievements have been met. Can you still earn the odd bit of FC as prizes at the end of each run?

Muzzleloader
06-08-2019, 12:02 AM
Yes, you earn the same rewards as before. FC, SoW, SS souls

rags-6094
06-08-2019, 12:09 AM
That’s what I thought.
I have been saving every scrap of FC I can for Ferryman, now I’m 15 FC short and it won’t pay out FC to me anymore...

Yup
06-08-2019, 12:40 AM
Yes Rags... Skill Shards, FC, and other items still drop randomly. And I am over 130 SOW now just from this event and I've burned 10-15 per day - So next gauntlet start will go faster :).

rags-6094
06-08-2019, 12:56 AM
Yes Rags... Skill Shards, FC, and other items still drop randomly. And I am over 130 SOW now just from this event and I've burned 10-15 per day - So next gauntlet start will go faster :).

I’ve collected 156 Sow and a heap of skill shards, dead set I have never seen skill shards rain like they are right now.
I jumped up by about 30 or 40 ss during this event...

I saw a bit of FC early but nothing since and I only need 15 more! Grrrrr!

druid138
06-08-2019, 12:57 AM
I’ve collected 156 Sow and a heap of skill shards, dead set I have never seen skill shards rain like they are right now.
I jumped up by about 30 or 40 ss during this event...

I saw a bit of FC early but nothing since and I only need 15 more! Grrrrr!

Try a few more refills, and you should get those last 15!

rags-6094
06-08-2019, 01:21 AM
Yeah I’m nearly on my third set of 10 souls so 7500 frags, I am having heaps of trouble with my connection too this morning, takes forever to load and on the odd time it does it keeps kicking me out again.

Working again ok right now though... so is there any alternative way to earn quick FC other than paying for it??

druid138
06-08-2019, 02:02 AM
Yeah I’m nearly on my third set of 10 souls so 7500 frags, I am having heaps of trouble with my connection too this morning, takes forever to load and on the odd time it does it keeps kicking me out again.

Working again ok right now though... so is there any alternative way to earn quick FC other than paying for it??

If you're close to an alchemist soul, you could do some sacrificing . . . But the dungeon is probably the best route right now.

druid138
06-08-2019, 02:03 AM
Also, the new daily dungeon sometimes drops FCs.

rags-6094
06-08-2019, 03:33 AM
Ok firstly old rags can’t count! I needed 65 not 15 (2435) but since I last did a post I have put on 30 FC and I only need about 150 frags for another 10 pack, maybe I’ll nab the gunner or magis characters on offer?
I did think of the possible FC from the new key related world but that turned out to be nothing this time round...

I should be able to pace it with farming Strafing run.. thanks for the suggestions b.t.w!

Esquatcho
06-08-2019, 11:10 AM
5605r

43 souls, really happy. Event is done for me

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, that is a great haul! Maybe too good perhaps even... Id be worried the next event I wont get anything! ;)

Esquatcho
06-08-2019, 11:33 AM
I've been away all week, but finished the difficulty level challenges but have only gottend a couple of hundreds runs in. Anyway, 7 souls dropped and.... Aces High! Woot!

Got a magus bomber boy too.

Suppose after reading this mammoth thread Im going to have to grind to the end now to see if I can get some sweet FC and SS!

infinite dreamer
06-08-2019, 03:11 PM
I got lucky and pulled a Corrupt Feldmarschall. Just about have enough fragments for the Aces Bomber Eddie. It is a nice looking dungeon.

Highace
06-08-2019, 04:26 PM
Awesome event for me. Had to get all 75 souls for Feldmarschall but in the progress, obtained well over 800 FC, millions worth of extra gold, a second primordial set, over 600 SoW, an additional heroic legendary, over 75 rare souls and finally, a good supply of 2* rainbow runes. Also got plenty of those new Pyros, plus 3 Bomber Eds. In the end, I'm very happy with this dungeon. Hopefully they'll do more fragment based ones in the future.

bort
06-08-2019, 06:49 PM
I got lucky and pulled a Corrupt Feldmarschall. Just about have enough fragments for the Aces Bomber Eddie. It is a nice looking dungeon.

I got it the other way around so I still had to grind the whole thing out.

This is the kinda dungeon I can get behind; grind to get the souls vs buying them straight out with ironite.

Amarthir
06-08-2019, 07:57 PM
I sure wish the Corrupt General/Feldmarschall could deal more damage and had better stats. Mine is maxed out sporting roughly 3,900 on his magic stat and even with magic penatration against Cursed enemies he barely cracks 12,000.

rags-6094
06-08-2019, 08:30 PM
I hope he gets a tweak then because I was going to grind out the remaining frags for him...
Fair bit 1/3rd still collect...
After my whinge the other day I somehow managed to nab 2 x Bomber Ed’s but still no sign of the pyro soldiers

MetalKing
06-08-2019, 08:35 PM
At least 4 souls dropped, only 3 stars so far. Question-should I buy the 3 pack of souls or spend the fragments on a legendary heroic?

Muzzleloader
06-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Out of 55 souls , 1 rainmaker and 1 golden pyro. If you have my luck this time, no souls would be worth buying. Many have had better results. It's just a roll of the dice if you get anything good. I pulled 11 primordials, even though I didnt need them.

Yup
06-08-2019, 11:19 PM
I sure wish the Corrupt General/Feldmarschall could deal more damage and had better stats. Mine is maxed out sporting roughly 3,900 on his magic stat and even with magic penatration against Cursed enemies he barely cracks 12,000.

Don't worry. I'm sure the Magus Witch is around the corner and can sport the new 6-set magus talismans that blocks 90% of damage and inflicts Perfect Crave, Perfect Heal Block, Perfect Stop, Perfect Passive Disable, Perfect Silence, Perfect Corruption, Perfect Sleep, and the new Perfect Stun whenever damage is taken while cleansing all allies and granting them Titan Shield, Perfect Health, Perfect Immortality, and Perfect Immunity each turn.

HuckFinn150
06-08-2019, 11:29 PM
Characters become obsolete too fast. So far I've only pulled dupes aside from gunner pyro. Good drops, but nothing I'm seeking. I'm not really wanting to drop all resources for these here today gone tomorrow events and characters.

Muzzleloader
06-08-2019, 11:57 PM
These types of events may be the best overall reward farming grinds. The gold, SS evo runes, colorless shards, FC, SoW are worth all the ironite that you can spare. The toons may not be earth shaking, but you cant grind anywhere else for a better mix of rewards.

Beddie
06-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Marks kill him easy

4V1ct0ry
06-09-2019, 08:44 AM
In all honesty.... I really liked this event.
I only spend around 1200 Ironite or something and got lots of stuff in return. Over 250 SoW, a new Eddie, a new set of Primordial and around 200 ironnite or so.
Even farming on madness this time was easy.... so no complaints from me at all. At least we didn't need to buy souls for over 5K ironite this time and it was possible to get the new Ed by just doing the event.
I hope this set a trend for future events.

Mizrael
06-09-2019, 11:52 AM
In all honesty.... I really liked this event.
I only spend around 1200 Ironite or something and got lots of stuff in return. Over 250 SoW, a new Eddie, a new set of Primordial and around 200 ironnite or so.
Even farming on madness this time was easy.... so no complaints from me at all. At least we didn't need to buy souls for over 5K ironite this time and it was possible to get the new Ed by just doing the event.
I hope this set a trend for future events.

Well i’m not sure about that...
i farmed madness day and night for the whole week, collected 5000 fragments, opened 34 souls and got FUCK ALL! one magus pyro soldier...
i don’t give a shit about the resource gain. yes it was more a win and all...but i had to watch the fucking phone all day long for potential crashes or defeats, making sure there was a socket around, keep charging it and then i finally decide to collect the fruits of my hard work and get one fucking 4* event character?! [Moderated] honestly!

HuckFinn150
06-09-2019, 01:12 PM
This is why I didn't play that much. For me it's not worth it for another bench warmer. I'm mean I haven't played Aces High more than twice in over 3 months, and there is was in Gauntlet only. So why go after another without furry. Although, I have to say I play emperor more than samurai and the same with Shadow and wickerman Eddie's. Maybe I'm missing something.... Either way oh well....

Saigrim
06-09-2019, 01:13 PM
I have to give credit to NF on the artwork of this dungeon. Beautiful. I hope after the event it makes another appearance elsewhere.

I also hate to mention this directly after Mizrael’s post, because that’s usually how it goes for me, but for once I managed to pull all event toons after 36 souls. That has never happened. Really makes a guy happy seeing the characters actually drop instead of buying them with fragments. Not really a fan of the fragment style event though, as the amount of time you have to keep your phone running is ridiculous. I’m not in my twenties living in my mother’s basement. I have a job, a home to maintain, places to go, activities to fulfill, what have you. Not sure I would have made enough fragments to purchase them with. I was actually resigned to the fact I probably wasn’t going to get the Feldmarschall through fragments even though I have the ironite for the sands.

All that said, I just thought is was high time to give NF some credit as I have been known to mostly bitch about them. Enjoyed this particular event, and when they go like this it makes me feel better when I buy a few things from the store. Need more ironite over time packs. (Hint, Hint)

CrazyHarry-2514
06-09-2019, 01:19 PM
Frustrating event, when you don't have the toons, the talismans nor the relics level to auto-play in Madness.
I was able to beat it once manually but have to resort to auto-play it in hard mode.

after 1 day
250 wins => 1300 fragments and about 2min/run counting loading time. if I do the math I will have to play non-stop 3.5 day (2500 wins needed) to get the Eddy only.

It is mainly the 1st wave that is the issue for me, all other waves are OK, for example with the Executioner, the last wave ends in 1 turn.

for the Gunner team I recommend Hallowed Edd with Siege passive, he won't get any damage from Ace Bomber Edd so no head shot risk (happened from time to time when I was using Doomsday)

Collected my 4th set of 10 Souls yesterday evening, together with the 11 I got from the rewards it made 51 out of which I got 1 Blue pyro soldier and 1 Ace's Bomber. So I ended up with 2 Ace's Bomber. Other than that the only notable char I got is the Gunner Iron Maiden Eddie.

In terms or resources: it cost me a bit more than 1100 Ironite and a lot of time.
I still did a few more runs to get the legendary Heroic soul, just in case. I won't do the extra effort to get the Feldmareshal though, I'm already close to the 2000 runs and I'm fed up. It would have never been possible without the autorun. I went 2x to bed with 1200 SoT and collected the rewards in the morning... but didn't sleep well, was too worried it would crash during day reset which happens on 1AM CET.

One improvement would be to have the possibility to let the app run in the background like fitness apps Strava and Runtastic, that way I could still use my phone, for other things. If that was available I would have gone for the Feld.

In terms of additional rewards 2000 runs in Hard mode, I cannot complain:
- About 18M Gold
- About 600 FC
- About 20 Crystal Shards
- 10 primordial talis
- a lot of colorless shards
- 650 SoW (which is ridiculous since I don't have good toons to play well in PvP)

Blade
06-09-2019, 06:33 PM
I have to give credit to NF on the artwork of this dungeon. Beautiful. I hope after the event it makes another appearance elsewhere.

So true! The artwork of the dungeon is awesome, really very well done!
Apart from that we are much more on the fairplay side this time compared to the last dungeon we had. This time only wave 1 is crazy (I honestly don't understand completely what is happening there and if everything is as it should be, at least the Prisoner did not help here and should my Killer Prime not prevent all these revivals?) and the one with the Labyrinth guy can be annoying and decides if your run takes 1 or 3 minutes.

I also like the concept that we can get the event characters with a guarantee if we aren't lucky with the souls before reaching the needed amount of frags. This is only the third dungeon with these conditions (gunner Krampus and Ferryman are the others). Downside is, as said above, you cannot use your phone for days (and nights) for normal stuff. I was busy during the first event days, so I am a bit behind and just reached the 800 runs today.

Muzzleloader
06-09-2019, 06:47 PM
They made it a little easier the last day by giving a reduced rate if you convert 10 souls. 2500 frags instead of 3200. The only thing I pulled was a rainmaker and several golden pyro. It cost a net of 1500 ironite to earn 65 souls. The extra rewards were worth it besides the time it took.

That first wave with revives and extra turns could add alot of time to the battle. One round I counted 11 extra turns, luckily they didnt do much damage or the battle would have been much more difficult. The blue pyro usually went down in the second round, otherwise it could drag on.

rags-6094
06-09-2019, 08:12 PM
So for the last moments of farming this awesome looking dungeon, what did people finally decide was their best or fastest team at farming it?
I put in Bomber Eddie before I had him (I have 3 of him now) I used FFE, I currently use KP, Charlotte and Alchemist rounds are taking on average 54 seconds but my best was 22 seconds... I should mention that’s on hard, I did do a bunch on madness but though the prizes are better they just take too long..

Muzzleloader
06-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Madness, fastest 1:10 average 1:50. Gambler, KP, charolette, madam. I cleared several runs without madam, forgot to add after using troopers. Another toon may have been faster, but I had zero losses.

rags-6094
06-09-2019, 09:14 PM
So ML do I take it from this point on I am talking to ML junior as opposed to ML senior of past forum chats or does your Uncle still chat on the forums occasionally ?

Muzzleloader
06-09-2019, 10:03 PM
If its advice being given it is the original.

I ( junior ) am the one commenting on most game play. He may start again if the game changes as NF promised or something special is done with the upcoming anniversary. He is giving me advice, but 95% of the game play is done myself. After playing his account, I dont think I would want to start over.his account has too many toons/talisman and a boatload of resources.

I can do alright in the arena, but i havent figured out how to choose the proper setups in gauntlet.

Saigrim
06-09-2019, 10:06 PM
So for the last moments of farming this awesome looking dungeon, what did people finally decide was their best or fastest team at farming it?
I put in Bomber Eddie before I had him (I have 3 of him now) I used FFE, I currently use KP, Charlotte and Alchemist rounds are taking on average 54 seconds but my best was 22 seconds... I should mention that’s on hard, I did do a bunch on madness but though the prizes are better they just take too long..

Gambler / Angel and Venom
Killer Prime / Warlord, Trap and Sustaining
Charlotte / Viper and 1 Dominance
A Hierophant / Immortality and Serenity

Auto Madness, 1:01 - 1:35, and never lost a single time with this set up. I went to bed with 2500 SoT loaded. Longest run I had set, and when I woke up it was still going. Lol. In all the times I actually watched it I don’t think a single character went below 80% health.

rags-6094
06-09-2019, 10:41 PM
Gambler / Angel and Venom
Killer Prime / Warlord, Trap and Sustaining
Charlotte / Viper and 1 Dominance
A Hierophant / Immortality and Serenity

Auto Madness, 1:01 - 1:35, and never lost a single time with this set up. I went to bed with 2500 SoT loaded. Longest run I had set, and when I woke up it was still going. Lol. In all the times I actually watched it I don’t think a single character went below 80% health.

That’s an interesting Talisman combo on A hierophant I should give that a go! I wasn’t one of the lucky ones to score gambler, I have Angel instead.. still good but no gambler.
I’m gonna put in a last effort to acquire the Feld Marschall or whatever it is they call him.
It just seems so close currently sitting on 520/750... I know I know it’s a fairly lofty goal and ironite heavy for a character I can do without.. but It will be maybe the only time I can say I scored every character on offer in an event. Though even that’s not true I don’t have the gunner pyro soldier yet either... what the hell!

Muzzleloader
06-09-2019, 11:25 PM
Did you see in the store they have a 10 pack of souls for 2500 bomber frags instead of 3200. That will save some grinding time. If I knew I would have saved until the last day.

Saigrim
06-10-2019, 02:16 AM
That’s like the third time someone’s mentioned ten packs for 3200. Not sure what’s going on for some of you, but from the very start of the event it’s always been 2500. For me anyhow.

zamasu
06-10-2019, 02:16 AM
At Kaz or other Devs.

How long will the Gunner boy have an increase essense value?

Debating if I should just keep the excess fragments and claim the guy or buy more event souls with it...

Esquatcho
06-10-2019, 03:04 AM
At Kaz or other Devs.

How long will the Gunner boy have an increase essense value?

Debating if I should just keep the excess fragments and claim the guy or buy more event souls with it...

My guess is that it will drop after the event.... The A Hierophant was increased during the event, but I just checked and it is worth the same as any other Assassin 4* now....

wipp
06-10-2019, 03:04 AM
That’s like the third time someone’s mentioned ten packs for 3200. Not sure what’s going on for some of you, but from the very start of the event it’s always been 2500. For me anyhow.

Same here, always been 2500. Maybe confuzing the one soul for 320?

rags-6094
06-10-2019, 03:49 AM
I think they have been talking about a past event of similar type that increased frags cost at some point after the event was over or all but over... I mustn’t have paid much attention as I don’t recall it so clearly...

Esquatcho
06-10-2019, 06:03 AM
OK, so with the end of the event drawing nigh, I reckon I could perhaps get enough frags for another 10-pack.

Im only missing the general really (have aces and the pyros).... So what is the best use of my frags:

a) Get the 10 pack of souls, try my luck and convert remaining aces frags etc to precious
b) Convert the 2500 bomber frags to precious directly (after getting one gunner bomber boy)
c) Get a heap of bomber boys for the next sac-fest

Thoughts?

rags-6094
06-10-2019, 07:09 AM
I’m doing exactly that right now, you may end up with spare Bomber Eddies if your lucky, their great for the next sac event.
I’m almost at the point of getting another 10 pack now but it won’t be enough to claim the field Marshall through frags I’ll have to do it again plus three...
I’d stick to hard level for speed. I think I’ll need at least 450 (3x150) of ironite to get it done... good luck!

scott-5496
06-10-2019, 09:27 AM
Great event for me and still going at it as was lucky to have aload of ironite in reserve but in the end have spent very little of it through normal play and the loot from the battles. Probably down by a few hundred and I am now not far off a second Field Marshall (my first one was from an event soul but was pretty close to the frags needed target to get him anyway).

Got the two Pyros and Eddie (fragments) os my usual poor luck on souls. I always seem to need to grind away to the bitter end though this time I have the new characters but I am pushing on as the loot has been really decent for a change on this. Loads of SoW, ironite, upgrade material, gold as well as 13 primordials (though to be honest I have loads of these already from previous events).

The phone has been on almost 24/7 though so just plugged in and set on auto. In all those battles one solitary defeat on madness which was just odd! My two kids accounts have been harder as they dont have the teams to auto madness and struggle to do hard but they too have picked up a fair bit on auto over last few days.

For me this has been a really good event and for once I have the new characters as they are released and all I have had to do is play it a lot and spend a few hundred ironite so I have to be happy with that!

Continuing with it until it ends I think to get soem extras such as the Heroic soul in the shop and maybe some rare souls but will see how it goes as just got a fe more battle to get my second Marshall - not even sure i need him to be honest but why not!

Killer-Frost
06-10-2019, 12:16 PM
This is the first event in which I actually earned and got all the new characters debuting in an event. I got lucky and looted the general after saving up for a 10 pack to summon 17 in total (missions for event). Then I just kept buying 10 packs since I was decent on ironite and wanted that Aces bomber eddie, but during the process I looted another general. And the last 10 pack I needed to get Aces Bomber to claim from fragments I get a dupe during the summoning of the last 10 pack, during which all I got all the pyros as well. This was an amazing event, and the story, although short, was very entertaining, especially to see my preferred eddie doing an interaction with the Allied general. I farmed all day and even left my phone on autoplay at night and I'm just happy to say it paid off. The loot you get from autoplaying for a few days straight is awesome. Looking forward to seeing similar events unfolding in the upcoming events and months to come :)

URock
06-10-2019, 12:46 PM
I'm on my way to the last 10pack of event-souls to get the Bomber Eddie with fragments. I opened 42 souls and all I got was the magus pyro soldier. Shit rng as always.

Volrath
06-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Well we're reaching the end and I'm walking away with both the blue and yellow Pyro Soldiers. Complete set! I think it's funny how the yellow one can put people to sleep with a frickin FLAMETHROWER.

scott-5496
06-10-2019, 01:43 PM
Maybe it has a sleeping agent in the gas! LOL

Muzzleloader
06-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Maybe they could have a laughing gas thrower or add the funniest joke from Monty Python.

Bakura
06-10-2019, 06:16 PM
I was skeptical about doing this event, put off until a few days ago.....BUT, this event was pretty awesome.
I got the Event's main 2 characters, also G. Pyro, enough primordials for a 3rd set, tons of Gold/Skill shards/SoW/FC's (about 1000), and a Legendary Heroic soul.....
All for like 450 ironite. I was amazed at how it kept replenishing the ironite.
The only downside was it consumed my phone for a few days..... but It was worth it.
Thanks NF.

Yup
06-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Maybe they could have a laughing gas thrower or add the funniest joke from Monty Python.

Light Grenade.... (Mom & Dad Save the World)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCeD2gF9jUo

R1ck
06-10-2019, 07:13 PM
It has been a good event for me, this time i had enough ironite to get both characters, although had to get them from fragments.
Only run madness about 1200 times without a defeat being my best time 0:33 and 1:10 average.
My phone had to be plugged in all the time at work and used an emulator at home. A lot of time but the rewards were good, about 50 skillshards (around 1200 on stock), 11 primordials, 500 SoW (for 3 weeks of Arena; sacrifice event is coming but something tells me it will be like past month with gunner souls), around 700 FC, lots of colourless shards ( which are good for current event upgrading characters.

Overall a nice event and hope there are more of this kind and no the ones where you spend your ironite to get 3* characters.

URock
06-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Only got Bomber Eddie through fragments and the magus pyro soldier. Fck rng!

Blade
06-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Everybody OK to extend the event for a day or two? :)
Despite heavy grinding in the last days I am short in fragments due to missing the first 2 days of the event, bitter!

wipp
06-10-2019, 10:36 PM
That would be ok with me blade, im not finished either. I need my phone for the real world

Muzzleloader
06-10-2019, 10:45 PM
Are we getting an arena or LoL event tonight?

druid138
06-10-2019, 10:52 PM
One of the best events ever, just like the Ferryman grind. But, this one was probably even more generous.

I committed right away to farming all 750 frags, and I made it with a couple hours to spare. Here are my numbers (all on Madness difficulty):

95-100 SoT refills bought with Ironite
14 Primordials
~800-900 FCs

I spent ~3000 Ironite on SoT, but my current balance is only about 400 less than when the event started. Ironite drops were very generous.

I got the Eddie via frags and the two new Pyro Soldiers from souls. The Feldmarschall also came via souls about halfway into the event, but I decided to hit 750 frags anyway, since the overall farming returns were so good.

Also, each SoT refill took on average 40 minutes to autoplay. With about 100 refills, that worked out to about 4000 minutes, or 66.6 hours. A great number for sure. And, also a hell of a lot of farming over a 6-day period. Not to mention the extra time needed for SQs, Arena, Gauntlet, etc.

Nice job, LotB Team. I hope we see more of these kinds of events, just not too often. Also, it was great that you offered souls directly for Ironite, which wasn't the case for Ferryman. I was fortunate that my real life allowed me to commit to this event this week, but there are definitely times when that would be impossible. So, having an alternative to farming is great.

Esquatcho
06-11-2019, 02:18 AM
Dropped my last 10 pack and a dupe aces high instead of the feldtmarschall... Oh well, cant complain really! Twas a good event!

Olevipoeg
06-11-2019, 06:23 AM
I tried Feldtmarschall and Gunner Pyro together - sleep for everybody.

Segoy
06-11-2019, 06:43 AM
Summary of "hard" farming (+ my general thoughts on the game):

Well, I wasn't able to farm on madness, only hard, and my returns are:
Runs appx. = 1650
frags = + 8367
FC = + 405
Gold = + 6.83 mil (but I did Skull quests daily, plus paying for evolving talismans and characters, too)
SoW = + 500~
Primordials = + 7
SS = didn't keep track on those, but had 0 at the beginning and now have 7
didn't keep track on shards and evo material
Ironite app. = -1200 (though only maybe -700 if I forgot to count in the 500 for 2 Primordials I bought from store at the beginning of event. Not sure, sorry).

Ironite-wise farming on HARD didn't bring the same resuply values as at MADNESS, but I am very happy for those 405 FC and primordials (had only 5 in total before, including buying the 2 pcs from the Store for 500 Ironite).

I was farming +- 18 hours a day.

What sucks is that all I was able to achieve was to buy 30 souls in total for the frags (2500*3 + 1x common Rare soul for final 100 frags (I bought the Legendary Heroic for 750 frags, too)). Adding these to the 11 souls I've got from first passing the dungeons and the fragments from challenges (I wasn't able to do the all magus madness mission) gave me 41 souls total. That really sucks because that left me 9 souls short to get ABE for frags per soul. Unless he will drop from the souls, no Eddie, not to mention Fieldmarshal. (haven't opened them yet as I have full character inventory, waiting for the better-than-last-month sacrifice event).

Since I wasn't able to do the all magus madness mission, I didn't get the third Purge talisman and had to buy it for 500 Ironite (auch!).

This is the widening gap I wrote about in my first post.
(I read all your replies and by all means I understand and pay respect to the time/money you invested in being "stronger" players).
But what NF does is essentially making "recreational" players eventually quit the game. This is due that unless you are not willing to either spent considerable amount of hours every single day, or buy exceptional talisman sets/event souls pack for real money, you will not be able to remain (even a little bit) competitive. And by competitive I mean to have a chance to get these talismans/characters, too.
OK, NF/you can say that there are events when recreational players can get the new talisman sets even only through fulfilling the challenges (not necessarily only for cash). However, without the currently best talismans and the newest characters, these challenges are still just not possible - like now me not being able to do the madness magus challenge. Because of this very reason I only have e.g. 2 Viper talismans (out of 5) since that was all I was able to get out of the challenges. (Now they are just occupying space in my Talisman inventory.)
The same with last Radiant talisman in Gauntlet. This time I hit historical record and finished in Grade A, one game won therein, too (patting on my back). Thus I've got only 2 radiant talismans, 55 Necropolis (have 205/500 total) and 70 FFE frags (have 195/1000 total). OK, talismans were my fault, since I should have reached Grade A also 2 weeks ago (but some of us have lives, right?). But for the characters - given the fact that the Gauntlet season runs for 3 (4?) two-week periods - to get enough frags for specific character (Charlotte/Mariner/Necropolis), it is just not possible for me to get any of these Gauntlet characters - since even if I reach record high A grade every time, I will only be able to get up to 3(4) times 55 frags of the character, amounting to 165 (220) frags tops.

And so on, and so forth.... (Lord Farquad, Shrek 1)

Summary:
All of this, plus discrimination of older/paying players in terms of "RNG" when dropping the event characters made me rethink my need to play this game.

I love it (as a true Iron Maiden fan), but I see I will get nowhere much further without sacrificing way too much more of my time (have job and two small children and thus almost no time) or of my cash savings.

The only thing keeping me still logging in is the upcoming event with the start of the tour (I even had the ticket for Rock in Rio concert, but at the end I will not be able to attend) - in hope there will be some fre.... rewar..... less expensive loots for casual players. Then, I guess, it will be over.

Thanks.

URock
06-11-2019, 07:51 AM
Nodding Frog won't listen. Just play a "little" and don't worry about moneymaking development!

Blade
06-11-2019, 08:00 AM
One of the best events ever, just like the Ferryman grind. But, this one was probably even more generous.

I committed right away to farming all 750 frags, and I made it with a couple hours to spare. Here are my numbers (all on Madness difficulty):

95-100 SoT refills bought with Ironite
14 Primordials
~800-900 FCs

I spent ~3000 Ironite on SoT, but my current balance is only about 400 less than when the event started. Ironite drops were very generous.

I got the Eddie via frags and the two new Pyro Soldiers from souls. The Feldmarschall also came via souls about halfway into the event, but I decided to hit 750 frags anyway, since the overall farming returns were so good.

Also, each SoT refill took on average 40 minutes to autoplay. With about 100 refills, that worked out to about 4000 minutes, or 66.6 hours. A great number for sure. And, also a hell of a lot of farming over a 6-day period. Not to mention the extra time needed for SQs, Arena, Gauntlet, etc.

Nice job, LotB Team. I hope we see more of these kinds of events, just not too often. Also, it was great that you offered souls directly for Ironite, which wasn't the case for Ferryman. I was fortunate that my real life allowed me to commit to this event this week, but there are definitely times when that would be impossible. So, having an alternative to farming is great.

Very good summary!
The needed time to grind this event was really heavy, too much for me, as I could not really play the first 2 days of the event. I still thought I would make it in time, but I was wrong. My 68 souls gave some nice drops (both new Pyros), but another Eddie instead of the Marshall, so I will have to wait for him to show up in heroics or somewhere else.
Again, it was a great event, very rewarding and the new Dungeon design was just fantastic! For me, personally, it is very sad not being able to finish the grind although I wanted to. And for those players that could not farm madness - no chance at all! So in my opinion a slight reduction in the needed amount of frags (equals time) would be very welcome to not exclude too many players and maybe add an option to buy some souls with ironite - maybe restricted to a certain number of boughts, if the general idea was to only give players that can grind madness >50-60 hours the chance to get enough event soul.

kgk56
06-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Nice event, got the Feld Marshall & the 2 Pyro with the event souls and the Eddie with the frags ... + a lots of goods (a complete set of talismans as well, +550SOW ...)

dr0cx
06-11-2019, 02:23 PM
I farmed the raid as much as I could, but ended up with 490/500 for Eddie and 490/500 for Field Marshall.

I spent over 1000 iron coins for extra time and it wasn't enough. Will these come back ever?

Beddie
06-11-2019, 07:16 PM
I farmed the raid as much as I could, but ended up with 490/500 for Eddie and 490/500 for Field Marshall.

I spent over 1000 iron coins for extra time and it wasn't enough. Will these come back ever?

Big Oof my dude

Esquatcho
06-12-2019, 04:05 AM

Oof, that hurts man. I feel for you, but its looking unlikely....