PDA

View Full Version : Talisman Value Thread

Zugzwang
06-10-2019, 12:02 AM
So I wanted to ask what people think of Talismans when broken down into the following categories and whether or not they think that the category directly correlates to its power/value etc.

1. Talismans dropped from worlds in story mode. Lets use the 2 worlds furthest along in the story as an example. Underworld (Thief/Boost & Assassin/Void) and Night City (Flash, Nightmare, Ruin).
2. Talismans dropped from Brave New World. Lets use the talismans only dropped on the highest levels for an example. (Strike & Echo) (Immortal & Enduring) (Immunity & Shell)
3. Talismans that can be purchased for Trooper Badges.
4. Talismans that can be purchased for iron Coins.
5. Talismans that can be purchased for Frontier Coins.
6. Talismans that are dropped during events or can be purchased for real world currency.

I personally do not keep any talismans dropped from the story mode at all.
I do keep the talismans listed for worlds VII-X in Brave New World except Enduring.
I keep one set of each talisman one can purchase with trooper badges.
I keep one set of each talisman one can purchase with Iron coins.
I keep as many sets as I can afford of each talisman one can purchase with Frontier coins.
Of course I keep everything I get from events or end up purchasing with real money.

I also do not keep talismans on any toons except my arena team and currently have 371 of the 500 max with all of them sitting in inventory (except the arena team.)

Am I crazy? Does anyone else see the benefit of being very selective with talismans like this? Am I missing some of the drawbacks of doing this? Yes I have to swap talismans A LOT, but when I sold all the maxed talismans I earned over the years that didn't want to keep, I ended up with a lot of gold (I currently have over 200 million gold.)

Thoughts?

Zugzwang
06-11-2019, 03:21 AM
Guys, guys, don’t everyone reply at once— it makes the thread too hard to keep up with! ;)

Liu
06-11-2019, 06:53 AM
I try to have builds ready for use, I generally don't keep talismans in my inventory. Makes it easier for gauntlet since I don't like to invest a lot of time in equipping talismans. I usually try to put the op sets where they have the best synergies, e.g. viper on charlotte. Sometimes I'll swap them if I encounter something in gauntlet that warrants it. The remaining toons get default builds, e.g. destiny/advantage or fate/energy. It's usually good enough. Of course you can maximize effectiveness with your approach, but it's not worth the time imo. The talismans I keep in my inventory are usually either those that haven't been maxed, those where I'm not sure where to put them, and the shitty ones that I don't want to sell for various reasons.
In terms of value:
1. Only nightmare
2. echo, advantage, immunity, quake
3. destiny, each month all 6 cause, as I said, I like ready to go toons
4. fate (no longer buying fate atm), angel
5. I've only ever bought one set from the FC store, got some of them through events. Generally dont find them very useful. Marks are ok on toons like ferryman or wrath
6. thats usually the op stuff thats highly valuable or has synergies with very specific toons.

Yup
06-11-2019, 07:08 AM
I tend to keep everything.. and sell off when needed. There's no harm in storing them... and I place the best possible build for a character I can when i get the character. Then I may move things around. Since talismans on characters are a storage method, I can keep 3 or 3 times as many as the simple roster will allow. I also HATE having to shift talismans around.. it's drudgery.. So I prefer knowing that each and every character I have is as good as it can be at the moment. I have several 4, 5 or 6, sets that are sitting in storage because they don't make sense to put on any character right now.. ... I mean a Radiance set on a wickerdeer is kind of silly.. but I do have Rage or Comet sets on wickerdeers :) And there are times.. like Charlotte.. sure I've got Vipers on her.. but, well, I don't really use her for anything other than the gauntlet.. so i know where they are cna can swap them off of her if needed.

Esquatcho
06-11-2019, 11:16 AM
Yeah, my strategy is keep everything, full sets on chars, incomplete or clear selling talismans in inventory. Upgrade the most valuable ones I have still to be upgraded each day (or event). If I run out of space, I sell the crappiest stuff.

The only thing I try to stick to though, is keeping the right types. So I throw any 2 set non-mystical greens for eg. 3 set greens, I tend to throw all the mysticals instead.

1) Only keep nightmares
2) I keep all those mentioned, except shell (I like health & advantage better)
3) Trooper badges, I'd like to get more, but right now SS and eternity frags are what my badges go on
4) I have used to complete sets as many are great, but IC is getting pumped into relics
5) Always have another char to save for. Currently saving for Ferryman
6) Yep, these are gold. But I can never justify buying talismans... That said, I do with I had a set of alchemy very often! lol

Natasmai
06-11-2019, 11:51 AM
I have enough nightmare sets now that i sell those, great gold from farming night city. anything above that i keep but i also have stopped buying any from FC or IC or trooper badges. I mostly just sell what i get on drops now, but i have a TON of talisman. I have over 300 full maxed talismans. I keep my arena teams equipped, i keep my farm team toons equipped, and I have a few others equipped. All other full maxed talismans are unequipped and ready to use in gauntlet. I play a team, i unequip that team and i prepare the next team. Doing this, I dont find talismans to be a terrible grind when playing gauntlet. All of my other talismans that arent maxed out are just stored on lower end, 4 star or less toons. I also am collecting 1 of every character, so I have a lot of 3 & 4 star toons. I think im sitting at around 320 individual toons. I dont keep ANY dupe toons. (well i keep them until the sac event, and usually slowly max them out while farming)

Muzzleloader
06-11-2019, 12:00 PM
There may be advantages to have multiple sets of talisman so you can complete some missions a little faster. It is wise to have a few sets that are at level 39 and 49 so you can easily complete the evo missions. Slowly evolve dupe talis that you may use in the future, so it is not a big gold drain to complete the mission.

HuckFinn150
07-04-2019, 12:30 PM
Has anyone found a used for the brave talisman? I've not found a single character they will be if any use on. Any suggestions?

Olevipoeg
07-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Has anyone found a used for the brave talisman? I've not found a single character they will be if any use on. Any suggestions?
Ramesses in Gauntlet, in S and lower rounds, if you want to minimize talisman swapping. But yes, the set is practically useless, Frontier or Eternal sets are better.

HuckFinn150
07-04-2019, 01:48 PM
That's what I was afraid of. I have eternals in Ramsey's, so I'm not really looking to switch him. I guess I'll hang onto them and see if another skill type comes out