PDA

View Full Version : Viral Frontier (Frontier Key) - Debut of Virus Eddie

Leviathan
06-16-2019, 12:08 AM

Infect and dominate! Virus Eddie is making his Legacy of the Beast debut.

Virus Eddie is a 3* Warrior that deals additional true damage for each negative effect on the enemy. This multi-target damager can inflict HP Drain on enemies for 2 turns, revive an ally with full HP, and give HP Regen to all allies. He also passively removes one beneficial effect from all enemies and inflicts Passive Disable on a random enemy for 2 turns every time he takes damage.

From now until June 21st, 5 PM PT, claim new Frontier Keys and unlock the Viral Frontier Dungeon! This Dungeon comes with its own unique storyline (viewable the first time you complete Normal difficulty), and let’s you work towards a GUARANTEED Virus Eddie!

Even if you are unable to secure enough character fragments to earn this character during the event, the Viral Frontier Dungeon will be available again in the future. That means you’ll be able to keep collecting Virus Eddie fragments at a later date, so be sure to hold on to everything you earn!

How to earn Virus Eddie Fragments!

Step 1: Complete Event Challenges in Brave New World.

Battle in Brave New World, and apply positive effects to your team to complete Viral Frontier Event Challenges! These challenges will grant a variety of rewards, including Viral Frontier Fragments, Talisman Soul Fragments and Cosmic Evo Runes!

You can earn up to 1000 Viral Frontier Fragments from Event Challenges.

Step 2: TRADE Viral Frontier Fragments for Viral Frontier Keys in Store!

Head to the Event Store and trade in the Viral Frontier Fragments you’ve earned for Viral Frontier Keys!

50 Viral Frontier Fragments = 1 Key

You have the chance to gain up to 20 Keys total during this event.

As soon as you claim your Key from the Event Store, the Viral Frontier Dungeon will unlock in the Time Rift!

IMPORTANT: Purchasing another Viral Frontier Key while there is already a Viral Frontier Dungeon open will reset both the dungeon’s countdown timer AND play attempts (i.e. Obtaining another Viral Frontier Key when there are 6 hours, and 4 playthroughs remaining in the Viral Frontier Dungeon will reset the timer to 16 hours, and 15 playthroughs).

Step 3: BATTLE in the Viral Frontier Dungeon to EARN Virus Eddie Fragments

Head to the Time Rift and battle in the Viral Frontier Dungeon! Once it is unlocked, this Dungeon will be open for 16 hours total, and can be played through 15 times during that period. The Dungeon will close again once the 15 playthroughs are completed, or when the 16 hour limit is reached (whichever occurs first).

The first time you complete one of the 3 floors available, you will receive set rewards including Frontier Coins and unique Cosmic Evo Materials like, Starlight and Black Rain. All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide Virus Eddie Soul Fragments, as well as a chance of up to 2 bonus rewards, including Ironite.

750 Virus Eddie Fragments = 1 Guaranteed Virus Eddie

See full Virus Eddie character details in his forum post! (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11923-Virus-Eddie-(Warrior-Type))

**Important: Virus Eddie is not currently available in any other Souls.

Tips for Completing Brave New World Challenges!

Check out this blog full of designer tips on how to clear the Brave New World Dungeons: https://ironmaidenlegacy.com/conquer-the-brave-new-world-essential-dungeon-running-tips/
These event challenges require a number of beneficial effects. Help out your Troopers by setting any of these characters as your Champion:

Shaman Eddie (Attack Up and Magic Up)
Sentinel Derby Demon (Attack Up and Magic Up)
Sentinel Soulless Demon (Defense Up and MR Up)
Pyro Soldier Warrior (Defense Up and MR Up)
Bass Eddie (Magic Up and Echo )
Lady Azov (Echo )
Gunner Corrupt Rescuer (Titan Shield)

Short on Virus Eddie Fragments?

Get the Fragment Mega Pack and receive 175 Virus Eddie Soul Fragments! This Pack also contains Iron Coins, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!

thealchemist
06-16-2019, 01:49 AM
Can we open and play the virus dungeon whenever we use the key or is it only available during this event? With all the grinding required for this I am wondering where I am going to get the time to play yet another dungeon?

Oh and does Perfect Titan Shield count towards Titan Shield Challenge I wonder? I am thinking of Virtual XI Eddie's basic would help get through that one nicely. I am going to assume though that no it doesn't...

GrimDusk
06-16-2019, 01:50 AM
I shit you all not I had a dream a few months back of an Eddie who looked exactly like this one.

Muzzleloader
06-16-2019, 02:09 AM
There's not much grinding for this event. Green pyro and wickerman can take care of attack up, magic up, mr up and def up with there passive. If you use a titan shield talisman set on 1 toon for each of 100 battles, that's taken care of.

Amarthir
06-16-2019, 02:09 AM
This team will get you everything you need.

Wickerman
Sentinel Pyro Soldier
Sentinel Maclo Bot

Bass Eddie will give you Echo but you gotta manual that stuff.

thealchemist
06-16-2019, 02:20 AM
I'm going to try Allied General, S. Pyro for all the up stuff and W. Pharaoh Dog for echo. Then just run my characters with Titan Shield in one go I guess.

Update - one run on GoL VIII gave 20 for all the up stuff and 11 echos. So 20 runs should cover all the up challenges.

Leviathan
06-16-2019, 03:09 AM
TEMPORARY EVENT PAUSE

Due to an error with the Virus Eddie Soul, the Viral Frontier event has been temporarily paused while we work to deliver a fix.

We will notify everyone once the event is running again. Please note that your current event progress will not be affected!

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

kkkreg5
06-16-2019, 03:11 AM
temporary event pause

due to an error with the virus eddie soul, the viral frontier event has been temporarily paused while we work to deliver a fix.

We will notify everyone once the event is running again. Please note that your current event progress will not be affected!

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

smh........

thealchemist
06-16-2019, 03:23 AM
Was the error due to a virus? :p

Yup
06-16-2019, 03:24 AM
Oh and does Perfect Titan Shield count towards Titan Shield Challenge I wonder? I am thinking of Virtual XI Eddie's basic would help get through that one nicely. I am going to assume though that no it doesn't...

Yes.. S Maclo Bot with it's passive titan works.

Crimson Dog and S Maclo is all I've run thus far... face it at frag drops of 5 each (madness) for a 750 frag toon.. it's gunna take a while... 220 runs at 20 SOT each -- 4400 SOT... then add the SOT needed to farm BNW for key frags....

Not a great event just looking at SOT cost and time required (even at less than 1 minute runs).. so much time needed.... gotta farm BNW.. then farm Virus.. just ridiculous amounts of SOT and time input... and given that it's not an event you can just "set it and forget it" since you need to farm multiple locations within a time/run constraint..... Not a "player centered" event in my opinion. But.. they have done away with event souls.. which may not be all that bad.

And My team is wiping out Virus ed with no problem in the Madness dungeon.

Picked up a cosmic dungeon key soul farming BNW. Haven't dropped it yet.... the last 2 cosmic dungeons I opened gave the meager rewards every single run.. there was no "good first run".. they were all just the 5 talismans soul frags and some gold.

Bakura
06-16-2019, 03:31 AM
Wow... This pause is a buzz kill. Literally!
Anyway... did 5 runs on BNW sentinel L10, was 2/3's done. Here's my team:
Carriage Rider-Alchemy/Green
Ass. Bat-Reaper/Sustain
W. Mayan Priestess-Fortune/Sustain
G. Corrupt Rescuer-Viper/Green

C'mon NF what's going on here?

Yup
06-16-2019, 03:34 AM
@Bakura.. DON'T point that stuff out in their public forum!!!!!!!!!!

Bakura
06-16-2019, 03:36 AM
@Bakura.. DON'T point that stuff out in their public forum!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I didn't see it as a bug.
The talis make it possible.
Anyway .... it's gone.

fred10141988
06-16-2019, 03:37 AM
I hope this pause won't refresh event achievements......

Leviathan
06-16-2019, 03:41 AM
I hope this pause won't refresh event achievements......

Hi Fred,

No need to worry, this will not affect your event progress. It's simply a pause while we work on our fix. Once the event is turned back on, your progress will be as it was prior to the pause.

thealchemist
06-16-2019, 03:41 AM
Yes.. S Maclo Bot with it's passive titan works.

Crimson Dog and S Maclo is all I've run thus far... face it at frag drops of 5 each (madness) for a 750 frag toon.. it's gunna take a while... 220 runs at 20 SOT each -- 4400 SOT... then add the SOT needed to farm BNW for key frags....

Not a great event just looking at SOT cost and time required (even at less than 1 minute runs).. so much time needed.... gotta farm BNW.. then farm Virus.. just ridiculous amounts of SOT and time input... and given that it's not an event you can just "set it and forget it" since you need to farm multiple locations within a time/run constraint..... Not a "player centered" event in my opinion. But.. they have done away with event souls.. which may not be all that bad.

And My team is wiping out Virus ed with no problem in the Madness dungeon.

Picked up a cosmic dungeon key soul farming BNW. Haven't dropped it yet.... the last 2 cosmic dungeons I opened gave the meager rewards every single run.. there was no "good first run".. they were all just the 5 talismans soul frags and some gold.

That's good to know. I don't have the macro scout but once the up challenges are done I will probably switch over to Virtual XI with crimson dog and g. hellraiser to complete the last two. And yeah I think it might take more than one event to get this new Eddie. I am not that fussed really when I get him. It does say it won't be available in another soul FOR SOME TIME so he will be back, either in heroic rotation or store, etc eventually.

Decepticon15
06-16-2019, 04:43 AM
Awww.... I saw the key for frontier coins... Assumed the new viral keys were like the other keys and claimed souls. 400 frags down the drain... Smh

thealchemist
06-16-2019, 05:30 AM
2 game reboots for new game data and the event challenges are back up....anyone want to be the lab rat and test it for us to see if its working okay?

Leviathan
06-16-2019, 05:30 AM
Hello everyone!

The Viral Frontier Event is live once again!

As a thank you for your patience while we submitted our fix, please accept this gift of 150 Ironite: https://tinyurl.com/y6hpfo3f

**Please note: You must have Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast downloaded on your device for this gift to work.

Some Android OS's may be unable to receive this gift using the link, use this code instead:

Y86Y5-2VY5Z-4SJ64

Enter the code into the 'Redeem Code' section of your Settings menu to receive your Ironite!

rags-6094
06-16-2019, 06:15 AM
Ok so I restarted the game, I used 50 frags to purchase a key, it opens the dungeon for 16 hours and I can play as much as I want. Why then do we have such lofty goals in BNW when you only need a few hundred frags to buy repeated keys?
Is it simply for the prizes? The prizes aren’t too bad I guess, but between the two (BNW and the dungeon) that’s a hell of a lot of grinding...

I have been playing the hardest level and it only pays 5 frags per round thus far, and the 3* Eddie is a lofty 750 frags that should keep everyone busy for a while!

Amarthir
06-16-2019, 06:17 AM
Fun fact

3 frags on normal at 10 SoT per run

4 frags on hard at 15 SoT per run

5 frags on madness at 20 SoT per run.

It's actually cheaper and more conservative to play normal mode and save ironite. Takes 250 normal runs to get him and there's 20 possible keys to get, and 15 runs per key times 20 is 300 runs so you can do the whole thing on normal for about 630ish ironite.

rags-6094
06-16-2019, 06:20 AM
The game keeps removing half my characters from the attacking team and stops at the end of each round, the auto replay function is not working....

rags-6094
06-16-2019, 06:25 AM
On normal level it’s working ok... Thanks Amarthir for the heads up, I’ve taken your advice!:cool:

Esquatcho
06-16-2019, 07:12 AM
Just grinding BNW now. Hallowed + Wickerman + S Pyro + G CR is doing the trick. Even was bothered to put echos on the CR, but not sure if its doing anything! lol

Esquatcho
06-16-2019, 12:26 PM
OK so the big question is whether the other mats on madness level in the virtual dungeon offset the better SoT to virus frags of normal level?

Actually, no, my first and biggest question is: Is virus worth the grind!?!?

The challenges Im doing as I need a heap of runes from BNW anyway.... But the is the dungeon grind even worth doing?

I guess he might be useful for the weekly dungeon?

Muzzleloader
06-16-2019, 12:32 PM
What team works in the new dungeons? I havent entered yet so I want to get my toon/talis combo ready.

Cefiar
06-16-2019, 12:33 PM
Dungeon worked for a while (guessing 15 runs, was on auto) but now doesn't work for me.

When I go into it (says I have 13+ hrs left) and select "Enter" to select the specific dungeon, I get a screen with no characters on my side or the opponents side. The "Battle" button is flashing with 3 SoT next it, the title in the top left says "Kingdom of the Sands" and the time next to it says "00:00:00". Also the back button in the top left of the game doesn't work and I have to use the system back button (Android) to get out to a menu in the game.

Restarting doesn't help. It's like the 15 runs didn't expire the dungeon properly and the game is confused. If I have to wait 16 hrs each time I play through the dungeon, I'll never get the fragments.

SteveHarris
06-16-2019, 12:52 PM
A quick way to get the echo challenge is to have Doomsday Eddie future basic with Assassin spider. He grants entire team echo if enemy is suffering from crave which assassin spider inflicts with it's passive. This can be done multiple times per battle and the challenge was completed for me within 10 battles.

Deathbat6120
06-16-2019, 01:29 PM

Here you go, guys \m/

Bakura
06-16-2019, 02:13 PM
Viral Frontier Dungeon
Madness Team -Auto
(avg. time = 2 mins.)

SOL Ed-Fortune/Inspiration
KP-Greed/Warlord
Charlotte-Viper/Cosmic
Musashi-Alchemy/Cosmic

No deaths so far!

Intimidator
06-16-2019, 02:15 PM
Thanks Deathbat. \m/

Esquatcho
06-16-2019, 02:22 PM
Legendary as always deathbat!

infinite dreamer
06-16-2019, 02:25 PM
What team works in the new dungeons? I havent entered yet so I want to get my toon/talis combo ready.

I've been doing a mix of all 3 dungeons. Once in a while the madness dungeon drops ironite and frontier coins. I've been auto-ing madness with:

Gambler (labyrinth & cosmic)
KP (warlord, sustain & immunity)
Charlotte (viper & cosmic)
Set (eclipse)

Usually takes 2-3 minutes.

Update: Switched Set for Assassin Hierophant (fate & chance) Fastest 1:28

Thank you once again Deathbat!

dr0cx
06-16-2019, 04:26 PM
Get Echo and Titan shield for cheap

Any Eddie with viper tali's
Ass Angel of Death
Magus Robo Scout

Cast echo with ass Angel of Death, get 12 power
Select Robo Scout, cast Titan Shield
Repeat

blade685
06-16-2019, 04:28 PM
dungeon expired after 1 hour wtf?
it is 16 hours after the reset and not after opening key???

Muzzleloader
06-16-2019, 05:25 PM
I had a dungeon time out after 30 minutes.

FBomb
06-16-2019, 06:05 PM
Some Android OS's may be unable to receive this gift using the link, use this code instead:

Y86Y5-2VY5Z-4SJ64

Enter the code into the 'Redeem Code' section of your Settings menu to receive your Ironite!

My Android shows the code as being invalid.

Yup
06-16-2019, 06:09 PM
Fun fact

It's actually cheaper and more conservative to play normal mode and save ironite. Takes 250 normal runs to get him and there's 20 possible keys to get, and 15 runs per key times 20 is 300 runs so you can do the whole thing on normal for about 630ish ironite.

Yeah but madness will also drop skill shards, frontier coins, and evo runes. I haven't run enough of Normal and Hard to know if they do that as well.

Any way... got him.. He's a 3 star, which I didn't read and wasn't expecting. 750 frags for a 3 star seem way steep to me. But anyway. He's decent.. Can hold his own (with my relics) in GOL X. Can wear Primordials of you're so inclined. I threw Mimic and Warp on him. He does decent damage EXCEPT his past basic move which removed Immunity.. it does very, very, very, very weak damage.

Beddie
06-16-2019, 06:32 PM
I severely dislike how they brought back the enemy attacking first shit from the Virtual XI dungeon

kkkreg5
06-16-2019, 08:37 PM
So is it 16 hours or 15 plays, or whichever comes first? Why make so effing complicated?

EDIT: So it is which ever ocurrs first and the keys should be used one at time. I didn't think they could find a way to make it more boring... I was wrong. I guess it's limitless...

fred10141988
06-17-2019, 02:14 AM
Fun fact

What if all I want is Virus Eddie (not skill shards, ICs... etc), should I chose playing normal for frags?

20 possible keys for 300 runs = 900 frags.

Natasmai
06-17-2019, 02:28 AM
So if i got this right, you use the green frags to buy keys to earn red frags for the 3* Eddie. Once I get the 750 frags and I have the Eddie, all of the remaining green frags can be converted to precious or souls that make gold idols. The green frags have no other use besides the keys and the red frags have no use at all besides the Eddie?

Beddie
06-17-2019, 08:12 AM
1.Complete event missions
2.Claim keys in event
3.Play unlocked dungeon to get virus fragments
4.??????????
5.Profit

Liu
06-17-2019, 08:21 AM
What if all I want is Virus Eddie (not skill shards, ICs... etc), should I chose playing normal for frags?

Yeah was thinking the same, though I'd stop at 750 frags. However, that would require 250 runs meaning 2500 sot (not accounting for sot returns). I'm not sure if I want to spend 21 refills for another bench warmer ...

Esquatcho
06-17-2019, 09:17 AM
Yeah was thinking the same, though I'd stop at 750 frags. However, that would require 250 runs meaning 2500 sot (not accounting for sot returns). I'm not sure if I want to spend 21 refills for another bench warmer ...

He might be the best option for the weekly dungeon and there is always a possibility of more 3* needed dungeons in the future.... But yeah, many new chars are gauntlet or event specials only.

Still, he also looks pretty cool!

@anyone who's got him, is he really worth chasing? Are his moves cool? Or SoL-esque?

Liu
06-17-2019, 09:34 AM
He might be the best option for the weekly dungeon and there is always a possibility of more 3* needed dungeons in the future....

Right, hadn't thought about it. The current options aren't impressive. I've been using storm so far since he works better for me than SoL. This new Eddie might actually work well with radiant / immunity. Gonna try that next weekend, thanks for the input !

Muzzleloader
06-17-2019, 12:26 PM
SoL with fortune does the special dungeons with ease. I havent tried any other option so i dont know how well destiny does. I run the same team on daily and weakly without any defeats.

Esquatcho
06-17-2019, 12:34 PM
Out of interest, if you go look at the virtual eddie shards and click the (i), does everyone else also have the 'expired' comment on the frags? Im assuming it doesnt stop anything as I seem to be getting frags still, but just interested if its just me or not....

koeni-8626
06-17-2019, 12:41 PM
Out of interest, if you go look at the virtual eddie shards and click the (i), does everyone else also have the 'expired' comment on the frags? Im assuming it doesnt stop anything as I seem to be getting frags still, but just interested if its just me or not....

yes, I also have, or rather had that. Keys and dungeon still worked fine however and also "cashing" in my new Eddie :-)

koeni-8626
06-17-2019, 12:45 PM

Here you go, guys \m/

Saw that one to late, but anyway made it through, thanks to your incredible excel list :-)

big thanks for this btw!

kkkreg5
06-17-2019, 02:05 PM

Been strictly running Normal and can confirm Skill Shards and FC's are dropping here. With 5 more runs left, I'm at 667 of 750 frags for Virus. Unless the Froggies shut off the faucet, I should be done today using Ironite for the occasional SOT refill.

fred10141988
06-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Been strictly running Normal and can confirm Skill Shards and FC's are dropping here. With 5 more runs left, I'm at 667 of 750 frags for Virus. Unless the Froggies shut off the faucet, I should be done today using Ironite for the occasional SOT refill.

Thanks for your suggest. I will run Normal.

FBomb
06-17-2019, 06:21 PM
Is there a way to "stack" the playthrough attempts by purchasing multiple viral keys at a time or do I have to constantly come back after 15 runs to open up a new set of 15?

infinite dreamer
06-17-2019, 06:41 PM
Is there a way to "stack" the playthrough attempts by purchasing multiple viral keys at a time or do I have to constantly come back after 15 runs to open up a new set of 15?

Not positive, but I don't think they stack. After finishing each set of 15 runs, I had to go get another key (and put my team together again because they didn't save each time I had to get a new key or refill ironite).

blade685
06-17-2019, 07:04 PM
Not positive, but I don't think they stack. After finishing each set of 15 runs, I had to go get another key (and put my team together again because they didn't save each time I had to get a new key or refill ironite).

same here :rolleyes:

Blade
06-17-2019, 07:12 PM
Did the first run in the virus dungeon and got no frags...is that normal for the story mode run?

Edit: none of the 3 levels gave frags for the first clearance, but after that I got 5 frags for madness. Plus 4 x 4* colourless xp shards...hmm not good for 20 SoT! More info: against some waves we go second, be prepared!

Liu
06-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Did the first run in the virus dungeon and got no frags...is that normal for the story mode run?

Yes - no frags for completing each difficulty the first time.

Yup
06-17-2019, 07:30 PM
But you do get the cosmic evo rarities for first runs... (and first runs only)

Blade
06-17-2019, 07:32 PM
Thanks for your confirmation, Liu!
Hm it is a bit strange then, also that you cannot go to madness directly. 300 runs in total times 5 frags = 1500 frags = 2 Eddies.
This WOULD make some sort of sense (if getting a 3* Eddie two times makes sense at all). But ok, so exact 750 frags are the way to go...

Blade
06-17-2019, 07:35 PM
@ yup: thanks for killing my hope for some good rewards lol
I was happy to see the first rewards, but looking at the reward info for the dungeon shows no more of the precious stuff unfortunately. This would have made this dungeon way way better!

SinGularity-8786
06-17-2019, 09:50 PM
To those of you having troubles with the team-set-up. Had the problem too. Clearing App's Cache and Data helped me. After doing this team did not reset anymore.

Esquatcho
06-17-2019, 11:44 PM
To those of you having troubles with the team-set-up. Had the problem too. Clearing App's Cache and Data helped me. After doing this team did not reset anymore.

Cheers, will give it a go thanks!

Esquatcho
06-18-2019, 06:51 AM
Woooowwww... OK so had my arena team do the virtual dungeon on madness 70 times in auto, not even close to losing. All of a sudden I've lost 3 times in a row!

Has the dungeon increased in power all of a sudden!?

Edit: OK, back to my wining ways... That was super weird!

Anyway, for those interested, the below are the rewards for a full refill, less 60 for those losses (wtf) in madness:
85 ironite (over half the fill back, woot!)
1 SS
33x5* colourless shards
24x4* colourless shards
10x3* colourless shards
A few 3* runes (didnt track unfortunately, but it says 'new'!)
handful of rare souls
a little FC (<100, but didnt track very well either)
50ish SoW

A bit of extra time invested certainly, but am thinking its still probs worth running madness for the ironite returns compared to normal. Also should have spare viral frontier coins for conversion to idols, for moar $...

So while technically running normal is better viral eddie frags per unit of ironite, I actually think madness ends up much better overall.

blade685
06-18-2019, 10:21 AM
madness really better now?

Muzzleloader
06-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Madnes almost always gives better rewards per SoT. It just depends on how much SoT you are willing to spend.

If on madness you get a 50% SoT return then 250 battles will cost about 600 SoT.

On normal I am getting about a 30% return of Sot then 250 battle will cost about 400 SoT.

This doesnt take into account the rewards or the time invested. I know you recieve better quality and amount of shards. On normal I know I pulled a few SS, I dont know about FC or the amounts. I didnt keep track of the actual amounts. I know I earned more than 120 SoW by what I spent and what I have in the bank. This is after 180 battles.

Blade
06-18-2019, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the tip! So far I am too lazy to clear data and download it again. Clearing cache alone does not help unfortunately! The reset is really annoying!. It is always the team I used recently to level up in powerslave, leaving one spot open. The weird thing is that the team I use for the dungeon is still somehow selected - at least they appear selected (darkish) in the team row, but are not chosen for the team setup. Really strange!

Woooowwww... OK so had my arena team do the virtual dungeon on madness 70 times in auto, not even close to losing. All of a sudden I've lost 3 times in a row!

Has the dungeon increased in power all of a sudden!?

Edit: OK, back to my wining ways... That was super weird!

Anyway, for those interested, the below are the rewards for a full refill, less 60 for those losses (wtf) in madness:
85 ironite (over half the fill back, woot!)
1 SS
33x5* colourless shards
24x4* colourless shards
10x3* colourless shards
A few 3* runes (didnt track unfortunately, but it says 'new'!)
handful of rare souls
a little FC (<100, but didnt track very well either)
50ish SoW

A bit of extra time invested certainly, but am thinking its still probs worth running madness for the ironite returns compared to normal. Also should have spare viral frontier coins for conversion to idols, for moar $...

So while technically running normal is better viral eddie frags per unit of ironite, I actually think madness ends up much better overall.

I have not observed a jump in difficulty, everything runs smooth here and I have not seen a loss. But some waves are annoying, especially if they start and Charlotte does not counter often. This can extend the duration from the usual ~1.75 minutes up to ~3 mins.
Thanks for sharing your results! I was really disappointed yesterday after the first few runs, but indeed there drop some nice amounts of Ironite and SoW on madness once in a while. However, there are also many runs with very poor rewards like the 5 frags plus some colourless shards and that't it. I have also seen some additional frag drops, which was surprising. One run gave 7 another one 6. This might result in 1 or 2 runs less needed for the 750 in the end!

infinite dreamer
06-18-2019, 01:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many talisman key souls has everyone pulled while grinding the BNW dungeons for the viral frontier fragments?

Blade
06-18-2019, 01:36 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many talisman key souls has everyone pulled while grinding the BNW dungeons for the viral frontier fragments?

5 keys! So exactly the 5% drop rate here

Edit: maybe it were 4 keys, now I am not so sure how many I had before the event started.

Chaosego888
06-18-2019, 01:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many talisman key souls has everyone pulled while grinding the BNW dungeons for the viral frontier fragments?I pulled 3 in 120+ runs

Alvorada
06-18-2019, 02:33 PM

zero and I already got Virus Eddie.

Natasmai
06-18-2019, 02:42 PM
zero and I already got Virus Eddie.

You must run LoL X to get the key souls.... If you did, then ouch, tough luck!

I think I got 4 (maybe had one before the event grind). Ironically, I have run the 4 + initial free run and I have only seen Warrior and Assassin.... kind of irritated I cant just clear them all and get the bonus rewards out of the way.

Muzzleloader
06-18-2019, 02:44 PM
Nada out of 100 BNW battles.

R1ck
06-18-2019, 03:30 PM
I have done only 40 battles on level X and have gotten 3 keys. Already finished my farming on BNW.

scott-5496
06-18-2019, 04:45 PM
Yeah, the event is done now and quite happy with the input and output of it all. He should be a strong 3 star I think.

pnthrfan
06-18-2019, 07:01 PM
Anyone else have their win counter stuck in Brave New World battles? I'm stuck at 25 and I had run quite a few before I realized it. I have been working on my Echo/titan shield runs and those counters are working.

Stormseye
06-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Event done. Took about 48 hours of playing. Spent about 400 Ironite give or take. Farmed BNW X. Did not even need to finish all the achievements to get him.

I like him and have been beating a few teams in Arena. He is not ready for defense yet but he does well with the right classes.

Farm team of Madness dungeon

Sentinel Troll - Greed/Inspiration (imho the best dungeon ally to use. He destroys all beneficial effects on enemies)
Ferryman - Hex/Mark
Alexander - Viper/Cosmic
Madam - Alchemy/Cosmic

Average time 2:00 minutes (to midnight)
Best time 1:19 on auto.

Despite spending ironite, the returns on the dungeon are huge. Over 100 SoW plus other stuff. I would like to see more events like this.

Esquatcho
06-18-2019, 11:23 PM
I got 1 key for all the BNW runs to finish the challenges.... bit disappointed tbh!

That said, knowing my luck I'd get all the same colour anyway and it wouldnt be worth running! lol

Bakura
06-19-2019, 04:59 AM
Anyone else see the update to Virus Eddie? Didnt see a post to discuss, so I'm mentioning it here. I knew something was up.... his HP earlier was like 39000+, now its 8000+.
The update post said he was drawing stats from the Boss in the Virus Dungeon, that's why Hp was high and his attack was weak. He hits like a champ now, but Hp is 8k or so.
It just messes with your head when you could have sworn you saw something different before..... anyway, you're not crazy , they did change him.

thealchemist
06-20-2019, 04:29 AM
Well seeing how the event was suspended early on due to a bug with the soul that doesn't surprise me to see a change to Virus Eddie.

I completed the event last night. Only down side to the event was the amount of keys to purchase and having to reset every damn time! If they ever go down this road again I hope they make the keys about 100/200 frags and limited to 30/60 runs per key instead of the 50 frags/15 runs bs. Grinding is hard enough as it is why make it even harder? Unless you want even more players to leave the game? :(

crapmaster
06-20-2019, 09:14 AM
dungeon expired after 1 hour wtf?
it is 16 hours after the reset and not after opening key???

Happens to me too. Does anyone know why or have a workaround? Very annoying to have to get new keys all the fricking time.

blade685
06-20-2019, 09:23 AM
Happens to me too. Does anyone know why or have a workaround? Very annoying to have to get new keys all the fricking time.

it is 16 hours but only 15 runs to be close
You must open another one after 15 runs

crapmaster
06-20-2019, 09:34 AM
it is 16 hours but only 15 runs to be close
You must open another one after 15 runs

Aha, great. Didn't see that one!
Thanks for quick reply!

blade685
06-20-2019, 09:48 AM
Aha, great. Didn't see that one!
Thanks for quick reply!

me too at the beginning ^^

Blade
06-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Oh yes, it was all a bit too complicated with that cascade of exchanging frags and keys, but at least this 16 hours or 15 runs thing was written clearly in the event description. 15 runs was a bit annoying, especially as the team setup was not saved. Moreover there should have been the option to open more keys at once in order to get 30, 45 etc. runs without a break and re-arranging the team.

Apart from that I thinkt his event was ok. Guaranteed reward Eddie, 3 difficulties to get there with known drop rates so that everyone could set his/her own strategy. The random rewards were ok but I see it as a missed chance to give the playerbase some more evo materials for the cosmics. This would have been a good fit, as the number of possible runs was limited anyway.
I did all runs (after the first ones of course) in madness. When I had enough frags for the Eddie, I still had 500 green frags for 2 gold idols. Probably I will just convert the 100 left over, as I think the dungeon rewards aren't THAT good to do more runs - especially as the next grindfest is already going on... number 4 in a row now!

kgk56
06-20-2019, 01:40 PM
When I had enough frags for the Eddie, I still had 500 green frags for 2 gold idols. Probably I will just convert the 100 left over, as I think the dungeon rewards aren't THAT good to do more runs

Maybe you should keep the frags, as said, the dungeon will come back sooner or later (and maybe with better rewards?)

Blade
06-20-2019, 02:31 PM
Maybe you should keep the frags, as said, the dungeon will come back sooner or later (and maybe with better rewards?)

Thanks kgk for pointing that out! I completely forgot...

Here from the opening post as a reminder for other players:

"Even if you are unable to secure enough character fragments to earn this character during the event, the Viral Frontier Dungeon will be available again in the future. That means you’ll be able to keep collecting Virus Eddie fragments at a later date, so be sure to hold on to everything you earn!"

Esquatcho
06-20-2019, 11:10 PM
"Even if you are unable to secure enough character fragments to earn this character during the event, the Viral Frontier Dungeon will be available again in the future. That means you’ll be able to keep collecting Virus Eddie fragments at a later date, so be sure to hold on to everything you earn!"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

Edit: Oh well, at least it was only 100 frags

gogosox40
06-23-2019, 05:24 PM
Looks like they put the Viral frontier key in the frontier store for 250 FC.