PDA

View Full Version : Rites of Passage - Battle for Grail and Penance Talismans!

Leviathan
06-23-2019, 12:22 AM
Earn Renewal Fragments to trade for valuable rewards, including Grail and Penance Talismans!

From now until June 29th at 5 PM PT, complete repeatable Event Challenges to earn rewards including Gold, Precious Soul Fragments, and Renewal Fragments!

Use Renewal Fragments in the Event Store to purchase Grail and Penance Talismans!

Grail Talismans are green talismans with a 2 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set for a 50% chance to cleanse negative effects when you take damage!

Penance Talismans are red talismans with a 2 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to have a 35% chance to inflict Passive Disable on up to 2 enemies for 2 turns every turn!

IMPORTANT: Renewal Fragments can also be used to make Renewal Souls, which will drop a 3⭐ or 5⭐ Gold Idol. Gold Idols can be sold for a high price, but cannot be used to purchase the items available for Renewal Fragments. Converting Renewal Fragments into their Souls and/or opening those Souls is not reversible, so please avoid converting your Renewal Fragments until after this event is over.

Finally, we have a couple additional deals on offer for the duration of this event!

Want another set of Grail, and Penance Talismans? We’re offering both of these sets as one time only purchases.
Get a guaranteed 5⭐ character! Pick up the Mythical Soul Pack to receive a Mythical Soul, Skill Shards, Ironite, 1500 Frontier Coins and MORE!

---

Edit: June 22nd 10:45pm PT

Hello Troopers!

We've made some updates to the Rites of Passage Event. The first is we reduced the total requirements for the Frontier Coin event objective from 6000 to 600 to make this objective feasible for more players. Secondly, we've replaced one challenge that was not tracking properly related to playing Gauntlet events. This has now been changed to "Sacrifice a total of 9,000 Essence (Repeatable 10 times)".

Fudjo
06-23-2019, 12:49 AM
What exactly do you mean by"repeatable"? I spent 1 million gold on talisman leveling and only got credit for one 100k gold spending challenge.

EDIT: Whoops, I missed the 10/10 indicator thing. All good here.

surfingwithdje
06-23-2019, 01:40 AM
Gauntlet wins are not counted for me :/ I cleared level S (8wins) and my count is still at 0/4
Dje-8079

jeff-3007
06-23-2019, 02:31 AM
Gauntlet wins are not counted for me :/ I cleared level S (8wins) and my count is still at 0/4
Dje-8079

Same here. Not counting Gauntlet wins.

rags-6094
06-23-2019, 02:46 AM
Could it be that you are completing 5 wins at a time and the counter resets to 0?
I can’t test mine on gauntlet I have already got as high as I can and won’t waste the IC on another battle.
But all the other counters are operating fine... just saying...

kkkreg5
06-23-2019, 02:48 AM
Could it be that you are completing 5 wins at a time and the counter resets to 0?
I can’t test mine on gauntlet I have already got as high as I can and won’t waste the IC on another battle.
But all the other counters are operating fine... just saying...

My count is still 0/4 after completing grade C.

Froggies strike again...

R1ck
06-23-2019, 02:48 AM
Seriously they want us to spend 6000 FC for some fragments. Ridiculous

AhabsHarpoon
06-23-2019, 02:57 AM
I too am getting no Gauntlet Battle credits and trooper badge spending is not calculating correctly either... typical...

Muzzleloader
06-23-2019, 03:19 AM
This is the spending event that I kept saying to save for. I just bought my angel. The game has definetly became a management of resources.

Leviathan
06-23-2019, 05:50 AM
Hello Troopers!

We've made some updates to the Rites of Passage Event. The first is we reduced the total requirements for the Frontier Coin event objective from 6000 to 600 to make this objective feasible for more players. Secondly, we've replaced one challenge that was not tracking properly related to playing Gauntlet events. This has now been changed to "Sacrifice a total of 9,000 Essence (Repeatable 10 times)".

MuzakMaker
06-23-2019, 05:57 AM
Hello Troopers!

So I take it actually fixing the objective was too hard or do you just want us to pay for one of the sets? With the gauntlet reset tomorrow that would have been achievable for most players. Sacrificing 90000 essence isn't especially so soon after a sacrifice event.

But hey, maybe your banking on how much people disliked that sacrifice event and that they still have some toons left to sac or souls (plus the coins) to open.

Ip4
06-23-2019, 08:48 AM
finished sacrefice 10/10 only because ironite rewards...others are boring...

URock
06-23-2019, 11:55 AM
There is another Sacrifice event coming right? I wait because I'm short to full vortex.

R1ck
06-23-2019, 01:34 PM
Hello Troopers!

Thanks for changing the amount of FC required.

Talking for my self I DO have 6000 FC but was not going to spend them just for one set of talismans.

Either way I will be missing irons coins so will choose which challenge to complete and get one set of talismans only.

kkkreg5
06-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Hello Troopers!

Leviathan,
I spent 650 FC last night BEFORE the requirement change. Why didn't it track correctly?

Rory
06-23-2019, 02:58 PM
There is another Sacrifice event coming right? I wait because I'm short to full vortex.

not in June, I think? The "June Events" page shows "Champion's Atonement" as the sacrifice event, and we've already had that.

bort
06-23-2019, 03:09 PM
Hello Troopers!

I had spent 3600 FC and it only counted for (1) spend 60 frontier coins. Additionally, I completed a tier VI sac to complete the previous challenge, but now am seeing I have only completed 1/10 of "sac 9k essence"

Clearly this is not an intended interaction.

MuzakMaker
06-23-2019, 03:20 PM
I had spent 3600 FC and it only counted for (1) spend 60 frontier coins. Additionally, I completed a tier VI sac to complete the previous challenge, but now am seeing I have only completed 1/10 of "sac 9k essence"

Clearly this is not an intended interaction.

I hope NF eventually realizes that no event is better than a bugged event. Not only would a break from events be good for us players it seems like it would be good for the dev and QA teams.

FBomb
06-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Agreed! Slow it down you guys! Too much content means too many bugs... Give us some breathing room...

Sidney
06-23-2019, 09:55 PM
Yeah... I spent trooper badges for SS and got nothing other than the shards... Bugged...

druid138
06-24-2019, 01:08 AM
LoL battles were counting fine yesterday, but my two SoT refills after today's reset didn't register. Am I alone?

Muzzleloader
06-24-2019, 01:44 AM
Druid, did you already run all 50 battles?

druid138
06-24-2019, 01:51 AM
Druid, did you already run all 50 battles?

Nope. 21 yesterday. And it still shows 21 after two SoT refills today.

I see a server reboot coming in 9 minutes. Maybe that is part of the reason (plus the Fates I'm seeing in gauntlet ranked rewards)?

druid138
06-24-2019, 02:09 AM
Nope. 21 yesterday. And it still shows 21 after two SoT refills today.

I see a server reboot coming in 9 minutes. Maybe that is part of the reason (plus the Fates I'm seeing in gauntlet ranked rewards)?

Yep, server reboot seems to have solved it.

Mizrael
06-24-2019, 09:16 AM
Huh?! i claimed some precious souls in the morning and suddenly i have a renewal soul in my inventory? luckily there are still enough fragments to claim for all 4 talismans. strange...

The only possible way i can imagine is, that the claim all button claims all fragments available?

Nifelheim
06-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Frontier talismans are in the shop for frags?!? No mention of this, I suspect FFE frags, like the alchemy talismans/frags last event... I would like a 3rd set, or 2nd FFE better?

Natasmai
06-24-2019, 01:45 PM
Frontier talismans are in the shop for frags?!? No mention of this, I suspect FFE frags, like the alchemy talismans/frags last event... I would like a 3rd set, or 2nd FFE better?

Yeah I just claimed my FFE frags for a soul so I can sacrifice it in the next sac event and then those show up in the store.... pretty pissed off that I didnt see an announcement either. I dont "need" another frontier, but it would have been nice to pick up a few sets.

infinite dreamer
06-24-2019, 02:07 PM
It's insane how fast they're cranking out talismans. I should end up with a lot of sacrifice fodder later while trying to acquire NOTB Eddie from heroic souls.

pnthrfan
06-24-2019, 02:27 PM
I'm having the same issue this morning. My wins in Cosmos and Lord of Light are not counting correctly.

iPoop
06-24-2019, 11:44 PM
Hello Troopers!

Leviathan, what about us poor bastards that spent 3500 Frontier coins when the objective was 6000? When you scaled the objective back to 600, my progress against the objective scaled with it. So after spending 3500 Frontier coins, I show only 5 out of the 10 repeats accomplished. I should be 10/10 for the event objective...

Yup
06-24-2019, 11:47 PM
I wondered where the Gauntlet rewards went.. I swore I saw them before the rollover (and was at the end of my run so I wasn't going to get any of those). And yeah. 6000 FC was a "ha.. they must be kidding" moment.

Liu
06-25-2019, 06:38 AM
I wondered where the Gauntlet rewards went.. I swore I saw them before the rollover (and was at the end of my run so I wasn't going to get any of those). And yeah. 6000 FC was a "ha.. they must be kidding" moment.

Hello Troopers!

scott-5496
06-25-2019, 11:52 AM
Event roll outs over recent weeks and months have been the worst I have seen for issues and foul ups.I wonder what on earth is going on in the NF offices as there has been a notable dip in events working as they should. I think we need to all just nto hit events for the first few hours or somthing as they jsut always seem to be broken or wrong in some way.

Olevipoeg
06-25-2019, 11:56 AM
Most event challenges events are not repeatable anymore. At least for me.

Muzzleloader
06-25-2019, 12:10 PM
You only get 10 repeats then it locks you out of rewards.

kgk56
06-25-2019, 12:35 PM

& You don't need to do all events to get the both sets

Tim28213
06-25-2019, 12:57 PM
The wording of this event was not clear. Nowhere in the event description did I see that the repeatable tasks were limited to only 10. I set up a huge overnight run and woke up a lot irritated when I finally figured out I had wasted a bunch of ironite because I didn't see the restriction on "repeatable".
As I get older my eyes get worse and I tend to read the event descriptions on my computer to know what I need to do because sometimes the game text on my phone is so small it's just hard to read. On the events page the word repeatable is in parentheses, all caps, white, and bold. the 0/10 is off to the side, looks grey, not bold, and I didn't even notice it until I was searching for why the hell my all night auto run didn't generate more of the resource I was chasing.
(REPEATABLE 10X) might have been clearer and saved a few people some frustration.
(REPEATABLE) SPACESPACESPACESPACE 0/10 just wasn't clear.

Yup
06-25-2019, 01:09 PM

Yeah what's your point?? I saw Leviathan's comment and responded.

Just sort of looks like you want to be a dick for some reason.

Blade
06-25-2019, 01:27 PM
As this event also has Arena battles as challenge, I post this here about the recent bugs instead of opening a new thread (also these bugs aren't really new):

I've had a lot of Arena fights in the last two days and I have to say that Arena is almost without any fun at the moment.
It's not just the stupid Singulary Talisman. This set leads to endless long fights and mostly a draw. A counter against Viper was welcome, but this set is unbalanced. Question: what is the counter against it? Bug-using? I reject that. And if you could really use the effect, it doesn't work (invisible PD by Prisoner still takes place).
This leads directly to the countless bugs: Almost all "current" characters (especially their passives) and Talis sets (or their interaction) are affected. Especially Prisoner/Killer (partly Gambler) and their effect on Charlotte and Madam. In addition: Labyrinth, banner and partly Greed and Warlord (healing before the beginning of the fight?). Freeze and Stun can appear suddenly after an attack from nowhere (no shields involved, at least not visible).
On top of that comes the possibly amplified AI boost. It is simply unbelievable when the opponent gets 4 extra turns through the warlord set in a row (!), while as a player you can almost wait in vain for a single extra turn. The same applies to the damage avoidance with e.g. labyrinth.
Not that it's all new, but it should be mentioned again.
I know, meta comes and goes. But the bugs seem to stay! Almost every new release makes the problems even worse!
Please devs, take the time to clean up the code and solve some basic problems! Thanks a lot!

Olevipoeg
06-25-2019, 01:37 PM
Thanks! Mystery solved.

Yup
06-25-2019, 02:07 PM
PvP hasn't been "fun" for months. The AI boosts are simply ridiculous and NOTHING can be planned or strategized. It is a complete crap shoot above a certain level (about 50). My full powered, full relic teams get handed their assed by a team with half the relics. I fight again and wipe them out with literally 2 hits. Makes no sense. Lower levels seem to be more predictable.

Natasmai
06-25-2019, 02:20 PM
while we are on the subject of things that arent properly announced....
They are selling all 3 types of Frontier talisman sets in the event tab of the store right now for 50 FFE frags each (250 frags per set) 1 set limit of each type. This is not announced ANYWHERE. I just used my frags to convert to a duplicate FFE for sacrifice when the next event rolls around. I had the soul just sitting in inventory. Luckily, I decided to do a support ticket to see if I could get the frags back and they not only did return the frags and remove the soul, but they responded within 12 hours of my ticket.

I was able to buy missing talisman to fill out some partial sets i had and pick up a set of Mystical, which I dont think were available before now.

In case anyone else had not noticed!

scott-5496
06-25-2019, 02:27 PM
I just got my second a week or two ago so had it for a while which is a shame as could have done with these - I can get a few for sure and hopefully they stay there for a while so I can get a full third/fourth set.

Liu
06-25-2019, 02:54 PM
Yeah what's your point?? I saw Leviathan's comment and responded.

Just sort of looks like you want to be a dick for some reason.

Because a post requires at least 10 characters I posted 10 dots. Your post seemed like a question, thus I referenced Leviathan's post.

R1ck
06-25-2019, 03:42 PM
They are selling all 3 types of Frontier talisman sets in the event tab of the store right now for 50 FFE frags each (250 frags per set) 1 set limit of each type. This is not announced ANYWHERE. I just used my frags to convert to a duplicate FFE for sacrifice when the next event rolls around. I had the soul just sitting in inventory. Luckily, I decided to do a support ticket to see if I could get the frags back and they not only did return the frags and remove the soul, but they responded within 12 hours of my ticket.

I was able to buy missing talisman to fill out some partial sets i had and pick up a set of Mystical, which I dont think were available before now.

Thanks for the heads up, they didn't even take an hour to exchange it.

kkkreg5
06-26-2019, 02:04 AM
Big "THANKS" to Andy at Support. Took care of both my problems (Heroics & FC Challenge) today.

gogosox40
06-26-2019, 03:44 PM

I have a set of Overwhelming already and have a incomplete set of ward (currently have 3 of them) I would like to finish the set but I am at 830/1000 for frags on my 1st FFE. Do I complete my 2nd set and delay the arrival of FFE for another month or just wait?

wipp
06-26-2019, 11:44 PM
Ffe is worth way more to me than frontier tals

Esquatcho
06-27-2019, 02:57 AM
^ What Wipp said. Especially as you already have one set. The worst that happens is that you have to move them around a bit.

Segoy
06-28-2019, 05:59 AM
FFE frags vs. Frontier Talismans:
And what would you advice to me? I have only 265 FFE frags total so far (no FFE claimed yet). But I am tempted by these Mystical Frontier talismans (I would be able to purchase the whole set). But then - I will be pretty much back to point zero in terms of collecting FFE frags.

What would you advice? Talismans or gathering the frags for the first FFE?

I usually reach only rank 1500+ in Arena (to get those 5 Eternity frags) and level A in Gauntlet.

Thanks a lot.

The Educated fool
06-28-2019, 06:25 AM
I would say you'd be best to save your frags for FFE, Segoy. He is an exceptional character, and the Frontier talismans are not particularly impressive, given the progress it would cost you. My two cents. :cool:

druid138
06-28-2019, 07:06 AM
I would say you'd be best to save your frags for FFE, Segoy. He is an exceptional character, and the Frontier talismans are not particularly impressive, given the progress it would cost you. My two cents. :cool:

I could not agree more. I have 2 FFEs and would still rather work towards a 3rd than buy the talismans. He is such a useful character, especially in gauntlet. If you're working towards your first, it's a no-brainer in my opinion.

Liu
06-28-2019, 07:15 AM
I could not agree more. I have 2 FFEs and would still rather work towards a 3rd than buy the talismans. He is such a useful character, especially in gauntlet. If you're working towards your first, it's a no-brainer in my opinion.

How do duplicates help with gauntlet ? Am I missing something ?

@Segoy:

Given you will never perform better than A (ofc you will, just bare with me for the heck of it) it'll take you roughly 22 weeks longer to get FFE. If you feel frontier talies would help you a lot right now it may not a be a wrong decision to get them considering how much longer it takes until you can make use of FFE. Get some minor improvement today or delay a major improvement that it still far away. Also FFE is outclassed by NotB and Gambler. If you got any of either FFE will have niche, i.e. gauntlet, use only.

druid138
06-28-2019, 07:33 AM
How do duplicates help with gauntlet ?

The right ones can really speed things up through AAA.

Segoy
06-28-2019, 08:09 AM
How do duplicates help with gauntlet ? Am I missing something ?

@Segoy:

Given you will never perform better than A (ofc you will, just bare with me for the heck of it) it'll take you roughly 22 weeks longer to get FFE. If you feel frontier talies would help you a lot right now it may not a be a wrong decision to get them considering how much longer it takes until you can make use of FFE. Get some minor improvement today or delay a major improvement that it still far away. Also FFE is outclassed by NotB and Gambler. If you got any of either FFE will have niche, i.e. gauntlet, use only.

Hi Liu, Druid138 and Educated Fool,

Thanks for your split ( :)) ) advice. I have the Gambler, but not NotB.

I definitely long for FFE, but in my slow progress it seems that a small help via talismans (they seem to me quite useful, plus Mysticals give a huge plus in HP) may carry me to higher gauntlet/arena ranks.

It is a headache, I guess I will have to flip a coin shortly before end of the event...:)

Thanks once again.

Olevipoeg
06-28-2019, 10:17 AM
The right ones can really speed things up through AAA.
Naah. I had enough frags for another 2 FFE and we just had 2 Sentinel Gauntlet tours. I never needed another FFE. We have POM, BB, Visions and Pharaoh. Unsharded FFE is not so good and it takes 26 shards to bring it full power. I have had some losses in gauntlet because I put talismans on wrong dupe Eddie. :)

The Educated fool
06-29-2019, 03:27 PM
FFE is one of only two dupe Eds I've ever sharded (the other is F'N Visions :cool: ). Never thought I'd see the day I'd shard a dupe Ed, but those two have sped up my progress more than once, and these days, Skill Shards grow on trees anyway. :cool:

Segoy
07-01-2019, 01:45 PM
Well,

Thanks to all of your advice. At the end I found I have 3 Frontier talis "stored" at a low value character, so I bought only the remaining ones - made a compromise.:)