PDA

View Full Version : Rise to Power (Boss Run) - Brawl with Bosses for valuable rewards!

Leviathan
06-27-2019, 12:04 AM

Battle with bosses in the Cosmos for valuable rewards!

From now until July 2nd at 5PM PDT, complete event challenges to earn rewards such as new Talisman Epic Soul Fragments, rare Cosmic Talisman evolution materials and more!

Collect 500 Fragments to obtain 1 Talisman Epic Soul! The Talisman Epic Soul guarantees a T2 Cosmic Talisman.

You can also earn Cosmic Talisman specific evolution materials such as the Onyx of Ruin, Demon Seed and Ashes of Ice during this event. Duel and inflict negative effects on The Killer Beast to earn these rare items!

Want to earn even more powerful Cosmic Talismans? Head to the Event Store to see the following offers:

Pick up the Talisman Epic Soul Pack, for some Ironite, Gold, 1 Talisman Epic Soul and more!
Need Cosmic Evo Materials? Grab the Talisman Legendary Soul Pack for tons of T1-T3 Evo Runes, Cosmic XP Runes and 1 Talisman Legendary Soul

Ezz
06-27-2019, 01:31 AM
No T1 1 star evo rune rewards? 👎🏼
Additional cosmic talisman are worthless if they cannot be evolved.

R1ck
06-27-2019, 01:34 AM
Agree, too many cosmic talismans and no Evo material.

Yup
06-27-2019, 01:40 AM
Additional cosmic talisman are worthless if they cannot be evolved.

Well stated.

Worthless crap that can't be evolved. So many T1s I've started selling them for the measly gold they are worth.

Like buying a Ferrarri but never putting gas in it or tires on it. Sure looks pretty.. doesn't do dick though.

Esquatcho
06-27-2019, 02:58 AM
Well stated.

Worthless crap that can't be evolved. So many T1s I've started selling them for the measly gold they are worth.

Like buying a Ferrarri but never putting gas in it or tires on it. Sure looks pretty.. doesn't do dick though.

I just put them on low level chars that only get used in the powerslave grind, events or low level gauntlet

blade685
06-27-2019, 07:04 AM
the complete list of objectives:

The Wicker Man:
Defense Down 5 times
Magic Burn 5 times
Magic Down 10 times

Horus:
Heal Block 15 times
Mark 15 times
Permadeath 20 times

Beelzebub:
Lower Power Generation 20 times
MR Down 20 times
Block Beneficial Effects 25 times

The Beast:
Attack down 25 times
Accuracy Down 25 times
Crave 30 times

The Killer Beast:
Curse 30 times
Bleed 30 times
Time Bomb 30 times

Yup
06-27-2019, 07:22 AM
I just put them on low level chars that only get used in the powerslave grind, events or low level gauntlet

Why even bother with that when an actual 2 set will do the character better? I mean 1500--1700HP vs 6000-8000HP for a 2 set.

Point is the lower T1s are fairly easy to acquire now... T2 and T3s are VERY FREAKIN RARE and may as well not even exist much of the time... when I do see a T2 it's a white or blue T2 with just slightly better stats than the white/blue T1s. (The epic I pulled from this event was a White T2 with the D+15% augment -- nothing special).

The level of general frustration at not having enough of those damn evo runes is becoming palatable. Now, I'm not loading firearms and lighting torches or anything. But it's making the whole thing seem rather futile overall. Items which can not be evolved after MONTHS... are really just crap. Imagine having all teh Eddies take a year to get skill shards on??? yeah.. kind of makes you feel like the hamster on a wheel we all actually are. It's is NOT "slow progression" it's "game stagnation". There is a marked difference.

What I did...

The Wicker Man:
W Priestess For Magic Burns. She's only needed for a couple runs if she hits Wickerman first.
Holy Smoke Ed.. his Def Down move can be used without doing any damage
Nutcracker.... hit a character OTHER than Wickerman to lower magic on Wickerman. If you hit Wickerman, you'll just kill him.

Horus:
G Chopper -- just sits there casting permadeth
A Harpy - Just sits there casting Mark
GRE - Use his Heal Block Move and it clears every battle.. then hit Horus with it.. and use Chopper to finish off Horus.

Beelzebub:
SOL Ed - His move to block beneficial effect will also remove Beelsabub's immunity
Field marshal - MR down
A Corrupt Rescuer - Lower Power
(Block beneficial effects needed a couple more runs so I swapped Field Marshall for S Undead Rescuer)

The Beast:
M Bat - Accuracy Down - or Crimson Dog
Doomsday (with Angel talismans to prevent the stun when the beast switches to assassin)
A Banshee - ATK down

The Killer Beast:
Killer Prime - Inflicts Curse as passive - Or M Undead Rescuer
Doomsday.. bleed and time bomb - Or Iron Ed to complete bleed faster then switch to DD.
A buff cleanser (alchemy talismans) - Or W Banshee for Bleed and ATK down.

-- I'm still working on the time bomb achievement.. using Doomsday's fury to cast the bombs and A Lilith's power move to convert gold buffs to bombs. If I had the Assassin Trickster I'd use him for time bombs.. but I don't have him because he's otherwise kind of useless.

Cefiar
06-27-2019, 12:21 PM
The problem with the cosmic talismans IMO is that there are too many components that are needed to evolve them.

I don't mean numbers as much as all the different types of components.

Too many things to keep track of, in a game that already had too many things to keep track of well before these things came along.

wipp
06-27-2019, 12:48 PM
S derby demon is a good time bomb caster also

HuckFinn150
06-27-2019, 02:25 PM
I quit trying for the cosmic talismans. Too time and resource consuming to Mee with. I have about 5 and I've only been able to get 2 of them evolved into 2* talismans. I started just using an oddball talisman with the Stars I need to fill the odd positions. The game seems to be going in the direction you'll have to have these, but I'm no longer chasing the brass ring...

Tim28213
06-27-2019, 03:22 PM
Savage Reaper (w) is also good for Time bomb if you have him.

HuckFinn150
06-27-2019, 05:37 PM
NotB Eddie can Inflict bleed and still get an extra turn

infinite dreamer
06-27-2019, 05:55 PM
NotB Eddie can Inflict bleed and still get an extra turn

I just finished my last challenge (bleed) using NOTB Eddie, warrior Banshee and assassin Artillery Dog. I turned in the fragments and pulled a blue T2 Special +25% cosmic talisman. I already had a blue T1 of the same kind.

Good tip on the warrior Savage Reaper for time bomb Tim. Thanks!

Yup
06-27-2019, 06:44 PM
S derby demon is a good time bomb caster also

Thanks for that. I missed that ability on her.

The problem with the cosmic talismans IMO is that there are too many components that are needed to evolve them.

I strongly agree with this too. And, they are all the way to the left of the list and should you HAPPEN to have 5 of something rare.. you can spend a hour or more searching for WHCH cosmic they are needed for and then WHICH characters you may have those cosmics on. To throw in so many items when the inventory system just plain sucks is annoying. If there was a list of all cosmics.. tap on the cosmic it shows which character it's on, if any.. and it shows the necessary items to upgrade/evolve... and how many of those you have.

I find it very hard to believe that the current state of the inventory system is the best the team can develop. It was fine with 80 characters and 200 talismans (which were all either 2 or 3 sets) but now that there are so many characters and so many talismans and so many "set" variations from 1 to 6 it's been convoluted exponentially...... it's just painful.

Once a character is at 5 star level 100 with all skill shards.. all I care about are talismans. Why can't I sort "My Team" on talismans.. and see all the talismans that I have - tap to see which character that talisman is on, rather than having to tap each and every character to find 1 talisman I'm looking for?? It's backwards at a certain point.

My Team > Characters (current state)
My Team > Abilities (Vertical lists of characters on the left. Tap a character, it's abilities are listed on the right)
My Team > Talismans (Shows talismans in a vertical list on the left.. tap a talisman the character appears on the right.
----------------------------------Sort list by "set" number by default but with cosmics first. So... Cosmics/6 Set/5 set/4 set/ etc.
----------------------------------It would also be helpful to adjust art so type can be discerned without the need to tap a talisman..
----------------------------------merely a little (O) or (B) or (W) in the icon for overwhelming, bullwark, will, etc.
----------------------------------(Safeguard/Skilled can present a problem rename one of these types so it's not an "S") -
----------------------------------this would also GREATLY help when selling talismans)
My Team > Runes (shows ALL rune upgrade materials in a vertical list on the left.
------------------------------Tap a rune, a list on the right appears for what can use that rune.
------------------------------Sort list by item rarity first so cosmic evo material is at the top.
------------------------------Put a * or something next to talismans in use on a character tapping those pops up the character info screen.)
My Team > Shards (Shows all shards in a list on the left - tap a shard, a list appears on the right for all
------------------------------characters that can use that shard - full power characters screened back similar to the sacrifice chamber)

Muzzleloader
06-27-2019, 07:02 PM
Yup and others, these would be great questions for the Q and A session.

Muzzleloader
06-27-2019, 07:29 PM
The best team I found against Lord of the Flies is IE and DDE, KP and W savage reaper. Reaper goes first to get 1 time bomb, then IE to apply bleeds, and KP to do damage and passive apply curse. Second round use DDE fury to apply time bombs, kill the team with KP.

Yup
06-28-2019, 01:08 AM
Yup and others, these would be great questions for the Q and A session.

Forgive me. but I really doubt anything solid (which is not already developed or in development) will come out of the Q&A. Sure they may leak something they are planning on releasing next month.. or that they are currently working on for September/October.... etc. But the whole "Q&A" format seems.. well.. like smoke and mirrors. They farm these forums already for ideas and content. I struggle to think of what they will actually answer.. I mean will they actually admit to the AI boost we all know is present? Heck no!!!! So it's kind of all merely a "publicity stunt" to make the unaware FEEL involved.

RE Time Bombs on Killer Beast......

Thanks to wiz.. S Derby Demon.. at least 2 or 3 time bombs per battle. Finished it off quickly with Gambler to kill the dogs and S Desert Guardian (blocker) to keep the derby demon alive longer. She was WAY more reliable that Doomsday or A Lilith.

bort
06-30-2019, 07:39 PM
So two things to note:

1) My T2 talisman was utter garbage; white +25 spec. Thems the brakes I guess.

2) T2 and T3 talismen should not require T1 mats to evolve to 2*. It creates a massive 1* cosmic evo mat shortage and basically means that any T1 cosmic is not going to get evolved past 1*. If this doesnt change, T1 mats must be made *much* more plentiful in order to not be a bottleneck.