PDA

View Full Version : Character Fragment Event, featuring the DEBUT Sentinel Crimean Soldier

Leviathan
07-09-2019, 12:11 AM

Crush the Lord of Light for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed 4⭐ character!

From now until July 11th, 5 PM PT, each battle in the Lord of Light dungeons has a chance of dropping Sentinel Crimean Soldier Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4⭐ Sentinel Crimean Soldier!

The Sentinel Crimean Soldier joins the cast as a new 4⭐ Sentinel in Legacy of the Beast. This single target damage dealer can remove Immunity and inflict Perfect Disable on his enemy. He is also able to passively grant himself Perfect Hit, and grant Immunity to Burns to all his allies!

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle, so don’t be afraid of that 200 requirement! Additionally, you can earn as many Sentinel Crimean Soldier Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

SPECIAL EVENT ADDITIONS:
Trade extra Sentinel Crimean Soldier Fragments for additional rewards in the Event Store!

250 Sentinel Crimean Soldier Soul Fragments will get you 50 Talisman Soul Fragments, whereas 375 Sentinel Crimean Soldier Soul Fragments will get you a Gate Talisman in the subtype of your choice!

Gate Talismans are blue talismans with a 4 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to grant Immunity to Magic Damage. This Talisman set will also transform Negative Effects on your character into a Random Beneficial Effect! Gate Talismans also permanently Increase the MAX HP of all allies by 2% whenever you take damage!

You'll also be able to trade in extra Common Souls for Skill Shards! See the Event Store for full details!

In addition to this, for the duration of this event, the Lord of Light dungeons also have the following changes:

Lilith Soul Fragments are available from all floors of the Lord of Light dungeons! Lilith Soul Fragments are a recurring fragment that is periodically featured in events, and may require you to collect them from multiple events in order to have enough to redeem a soul. Collect 500 for a guaranteed 5⭐ Lilith!
All Lord of Light dungeons will also have a 3x chance of dropping Rare Souls! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get more Rare Souls while getting your guaranteed 4⭐ character!
As part of our 3rd Anniversary bonuses, all Lord of Light Dungeons will also drop 2x the regular amount of Evo and XP Shards!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up a Sentinel Crimean Soldier:

Get a FREE 10 Sentinel Crimean Soldier Soul Fragments to start you off!
Grab the “Sentinel Experience Pack”! This provides Ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5⭐ XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Sentinel Crimean Soldier!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with a Sentinel Crimean Soldier, including Angel Talismans, as well as debut Blight Talismans!

Blight Talismans are green Talismans with a 2-set effect. Equip them for a 25% Chance to inflict a Random Negative Effect on enemies when you take damage. Blight Talismans will prevent the wearer from using Power and Fury Skills. This makes them an ideal set for equipping to characters while running challenges that require you use only Basic Skills.

Angel Talismans are yellow talismans with a 3 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to Cleanse yourself and Heal all allies for 5% of their Max HP every turn!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Sentinel Crimean Soldier Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, this character is not available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit him, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Yup
07-09-2019, 12:59 AM
Props for the common soul spending in the store... much appreciated. It would be nice to have something like this for ALL LOL events where hundreds or thousands of common souls are gathered.

Fudjo
07-09-2019, 02:06 AM
Props for the common soul spending in the store... much appreciated. It would be nice to have something like this for ALL LOL events where hundreds or thousands of common souls are gathered.

Agreed! It's a nice touch!

Bakura
07-09-2019, 06:50 AM
Hey Nodding Frog,
Can you make the Assassin Krampus available in the store again, too.
I know people wanted you to put the Gunner version back, and you did, but then you took away the Assassin version.
I actually wanted the change, please put both so everyone is satisfied.
To make stuff available and then take it away immediately, isn't right.
Also, where is the Trooper Dungeon key. What's going on, you guys are confusing everyone.
Like the never ending wave of events isn't confusing enough.

Beddie
07-09-2019, 10:29 AM
Is there better odds of frags dropping at higher levels?

scott-5496
07-09-2019, 10:53 AM
Is there better odds of frags dropping at higher levels?

Never very sure but I think there is a better chance the higher you go - that always seems to be the way to go if you can. Early on in the game I had to auto farm so I would auto farm as high as I could in LOL. Nowadays that is not an issue for me due my roster but just go the highest you can as that usually provides more addition a loot though not sure that it gives you always more frags for the character - there has been sveral threads looking at drop rates and it seems to vary a bit.

Muzzleloader
07-09-2019, 11:06 AM
The higher the level in any aspect of the game give better rewards per SoT. The actual drop rate may not be any better, but you get more frags per SoT. Some reasons for not battling at the higher level would be you cant consistently win the battles, time restraints especially on the dungeon events, or you only need the rewards for a number of wins.

gogosox40
07-09-2019, 12:54 PM
So with these Gate Talismans...
Arcane HP/Magic/MR
Power HP/Magic/DEF
Sorcery HP/Magic/DEF/MR.
Is there really a bid difference between MR & Def? Isn't MR just a specific Defense against Magic only and DEF is a DEF against all types of damage?
Is there any preferred one over the other? Don't know which one to get.

Symbiote
07-09-2019, 01:00 PM
God damn it..,

Am i the only one who ist total fucked up with these Event over Event crap, with new Characters and Talis all the time?
Especially if there is another Event going on..,

I would love to make a survey about this state of this Fulltime Job "Game" but i don't know how i could make a survey here..,
i am going next week to a festival and i already know, i will miss so much fucking things..,

The same for the last Event.., there are no alternative Ways to get these fucking fragments to buy ONE Character in the store.., if someone can't pass only one fucking goal he is fucked..,
The same for this crap 500 Frontier Coins use.., they are sooooo rare.., and now we are forced to waste 500 for something just to get one character..,

And btw. the 10 Anniversary Souls i used.., only 4* and 3* Crap..,

IT IS TOO MUCH!!!
Maybe i'm the only one, because i don't have fun anymore since months with playing this "game" 24/7...
My only thought day by day is: "Oh i need to start this damn app because i have to work for goals for rewards i can't use because i need the next day to work more on other achievements.., oh do i have a real life? Nooooo, i only live for NF crap of 24/7 Game" lmao xxxD :D

Really i'm just hoarding and collect all the new Characters and Talisman but i don't have time or just fucking motivation, to manage all of this, because there are just Events with new ones..,

mmh.., sorry but i needed to say this.., yeah i know i'm bit ragy. :D
We need a survey..,

But yeah.., the only good thing in this Event is that we can buy Skill Shards with all this hoarded common souls.

Muzzleloader
07-09-2019, 01:19 PM
My survey is: why play the game if you hate it so much and do so much complaining?

Blade
07-09-2019, 01:52 PM
So with these Gate Talismans...
Arcane HP/Magic/MR
Power HP/Magic/DEF
Sorcery HP/Magic/DEF/MR.
Is there really a bid difference between MR & Def? Isn't MR just a specific Defense against Magic only and DEF is a DEF against all types of damage?
Is there any preferred one over the other? Don't know which one to get.

MR is against magic damage, DEF is against physical damage, nothing can prevent true damage. As we have so many characters doing random or a combination of damage types, I do not recommend to only focus on one. Only expection might be if you plan to use the tali on a character that you only use in let's say warrior LoL, as all enemies there do physical damage.
Sorcery does give less MAGIC (which is important to deal magic damage), but on the other hand it gives more HP, MR and DEF.
Try to find a strategy that suits your playing style. I have found mine with as balanced stats as possible.

About the drop rates:
I linked one very old post from Sparton last month (or the month before) saying, that the drop rates increase with difficulty level. Not much but they do or at least did and I do not think that they changed it.

Symbiote
07-09-2019, 02:50 PM
My survey is: why play the game if you hate it so much and do so much complaining?

My intention of a survey was, to show, if we, the players are happy with this thingy like it is now or not and what wishes they have.

And when i started playing this game January 2017 it was a lot of fun, but less stressful. We had more time for ourselves to just start this game, play it for a session and have fun with it..,
Now it is just a grinding machine with new Talis and Characters all the time, but there is no time to manage all of this or just play it and have fun with it..,

And as i said, maybe i'm alone with this opinion, but in the other Event threads a lot of people are saying the same, that is just to much and not everyone has no life and play this game 24/7 you know. I think many of us have family, friends, jobs, a REAL LIFE and want to USE their phones for what they are for. And not just to block your phone all day long just for a "game" we don't play because it plays itself alone. ;)
I need to lay down my phone on a fan to cool it down.., it's like a second PC i need to cool, because it gets hot af, because my phone needs to recharge all day long and run only for this "game"..

And i'm not complaining, i'm saying my opinion.., because things changed so much in a way i don't like anymore, and this was why i said a survey would be nice to show what the players would love to see, and what's too much, or don't like and so on.
But when i'm a bit stressed then i say it how i said it.., like i said, i know it was a bit furious. :D

And you could just say something about my question at all, do you like it, how it is now? Event over Event over Event and have no time to play it for real?

Lord-7618
07-09-2019, 03:16 PM
Symbiote, I get what you mean and I totally agree with you in many things (specially with "Now it is just a grinding machine with new Talis and Characters all the time, but there is no time to manage all of this or just play it and have fun with it")
The fact is that altough I sometimes find it stressing I still enjoy the game, and surely there are (like me) others players that love the event over event over event.. but to me the problem is in the period of time for each event.
The solution that I think will make everybody happy (and my answer to the survey) is to have all month to do all events, so we can choose how we want to play, and surely we´ll have time to check the new talis and characters and rediscover the real fun we had time ago. And for sure we won´t have "surprises" with the need of resources.
Anyway, I don´t think that this will ever happen..

ericgallucci
07-09-2019, 04:37 PM
Normally its smart to raise both MR and DEF evenly but since this Gate set grant's immunity to magic damage I would say go with Power subtype as DEF would be more beneficial or Sorcery for the HP bump as well.

Segoy
07-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Symbiote - I fully agree with everything you said. Howgh!

I've been playing the game since its very release, but more "seriously" only for last 12 months. And during this last year it evolve so much into forced full time job, that it is very little time to fully enjoy/appreciate it now.

My proposal would be to have only up to 50 % of events we have now (in total per month) and that they will be advertise always two or three days in advance before their actual start. Also, they should be in the well known and repeating periods of time only - e.g. Thursday-Sunday.

HuckFinn150
07-10-2019, 11:27 PM
My intention of a survey was, to show, if we, the players are happy with this thingy like it is now or not and what wishes they have.

And when i started playing this game January 2017 it was a lot of fun, but less stressful. We had more time for ourselves to just start this game, play it for a session and have fun with it..,
Now it is just a grinding machine with new Talis and Characters all the time, but there is no time to manage all of this or just play it and have fun with it..,

And as i said, maybe i'm alone with this opinion, but in the other Event threads a lot of people are saying the same, that is just to much and not everyone has no life and play this game 24/7 you know. I think many of us have family, friends, jobs, a REAL LIFE and want to USE their phones for what they are for. And not just to block your phone all day long just for a "game" we don't play because it plays itself alone. ;)
I need to lay down my phone on a fan to cool it down.., it's like a second PC i need to cool, because it gets hot af, because my phone needs to recharge all day long and run only for this "game"..

And i'm not complaining, i'm saying my opinion.., because things changed so much in a way i don't like anymore, and this was why i said a survey would be nice to show what the players would love to see, and what's too much, or don't like and so on.
But when i'm a bit stressed then i say it how i said it.., like i said, i know it was a bit furious. :D

And you could just say something about my question at all, do you like it, how it is now? Event over Event over Event and have no time to play it for real?

I went back to playing got fun. I only play 8 troopers a day and don't chase the brass ring anymore. I still get lucky and grab a new toon occasionally. I only last week got Angel Ed. It seems better and I now see many new toons out and think many aren't cannon. I don't know there as the band has so many songs and albums. I find I and having fun again and only playing about an hour a day. I stopped all buying things with real money and it still works. So you're not alone in your feelings on this game. Play on and enjoy

MetalKing
07-11-2019, 01:33 AM
I think the gate talismans would work good on this guy, because he has an ability that gives himself a negative effect and they transform a negative into a positive. Any thoughts?

rags-6094
07-11-2019, 03:03 AM
I think this is another example of me not reading properly... but where did the Gunner and Magis Crimean Soldier come into the game?
Were they added when the New Trooper Eddie was added?

Yup
07-11-2019, 03:24 AM
Thing is you really don't have to run things "all day long". Especially with auto-replay (if it doesn't crash). The last few days I've actively played the game maybe 1-3 hrs in the evening. I've gotten a 4 set of talismans.. 2 more cosmic talismans (both repeats).... the 3 available skill shards for common souls.... So I can put the app down. If anything I may load up SOT and auto-run LOL for more frags.. but there's really nothing mandatory about it.

Same thing about the Trooper achievements. Yes I did them in 2 days.. but there was no time limit (thankfully the corrected the misguided FC Trooper key). I could have spent then next months two on those achievements.

I hardly play PvP at all anymore. I will for a couple hours after rollover, then once a day for the daily rewards.. maybe 2-3 fights. But that's about it.

Same goes for Gauntlet. The rollover period is so long that it's essentially forgotten about a couple hours after rollover. I get to where I get then ignore it. If there's a decent award I'm a little more focused, but overall I'm very casual with it.

I think most of the stress to "get it done" is self induced. Or due some fear that store items will be removed or frags will no longer be available... Honestly, if they put a countdown timer on temporary store items, that would alleviate a lot of that for players. So you know you still have 48 hours to purchase... 4 hours.. 20 minutes...

Yup
07-11-2019, 03:26 AM
I think this is another example of me not reading properly... but where did the Gunner and [Magus] Crimean Soldier come into the game?
Were they added when the New Trooper Eddie was added?

Yes. You got/get frags from the Warfare souls along side the Trooper fragments and W Major frags - each soul was dropping 3 fragment types... then it was a crap shoot as to which Crimean you'd pull. 50/50 chance between M and G. I pulled 4 Magus before the Gunner dropped.

Segoy
07-11-2019, 05:42 AM
Honestly, if they put a countdown timer on temporary store items, that would alleviate a lot of that for players. So you know you still have 48 hours to purchase... 4 hours.. 20 minutes...

Yes, Devs - please implement the countdown timer in the store, please.

Esquatcho
07-11-2019, 06:47 AM
I went back to playing got fun. I only play 8 troopers a day and don't chase the brass ring anymore. I still get lucky and grab a new toon occasionally. I only last week got Angel Ed. It seems better and I now see many new toons out and think many aren't cannon. I don't know there as the band has so many songs and albums. I find I and having fun again and only playing about an hour a day. I stopped all buying things with real money and it still works. So you're not alone in your feelings on this game. Play on and enjoy

Yeah glad to hear it man! I am a huge fan of the game break. Sometimes taking a step back and reducing your own expectations is all it takes to get enjoyment again!

Fwiw, it works for relationships too ;)

Symbiote
07-11-2019, 02:20 PM
4 hours.. 20 minutes... 420. hehe. :rolleyes:

Edit: lol and i posted it at this time... :O