PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Dungron Keys

Muzzleloader
07-10-2019, 12:22 AM
The option to purchase trooper dungeon keys with trooper frags has been removed from the store. Is this permanent or just another glitch? They are still available for FC, but I don't want to spend that for trooper dungeons.

druid138
07-10-2019, 12:25 AM
The option to purchase trooper dungeon keys with trooper frags has been removed from the store. Is this permanent or just another glitch? They are still available for FC, but I don't want to spend that for trooper dungeons.

I was just writing basically the same post. The Balance of Power event announcement post made it sound very much like the trooper fragment option was permanent.

Sidney
07-10-2019, 01:45 AM
I was under the same impression. I knew I needed a few more so I used some ironite to buy a 10 pack of souls to get me 250 of them so I could get the new Ed this week... Hopefully this is just a bug!

druid138
07-10-2019, 01:46 AM
I was under the same impression. I knew I needed a few more so I used some ironite to buy a 10 pack of souls to get me 250 of them so I could get the new Ed this week... Hopefully this is just a bug!

Yep, I definitely chose a strategy based on the assumption that the Trooper Fragment option was permanent.

Blade
07-10-2019, 07:53 AM
The key is back now, but for Frontier Coins instead of Trooper Soul Frags. I was not prepared for that change and feel ripped off now.
I guess many players would have adapted their strategy and done more runs for the achievements before that change. Disappointing!

Olevipoeg
07-10-2019, 08:16 AM
Well for 200 trooper soul fragments you get 100 FC. So NF just upped cost of opening trooper dungeon 7x. Business as usual, move along nothing to see here.

Lord-7618
07-10-2019, 08:43 AM
Iīm afraid it wasnīt well detailed, I mean that the possibility of using the trooper fragment was only during the event. I adapted as well my strategy and now I donīt know what to do, because it might be a bug, who knows. In case it isnīt I hope that FC will be more avaiable (sac rewards, more alchemist drop fragments, increasing limits in trooper store..)

Olevipoeg
07-10-2019, 08:55 AM
25 FC could have been ok price. 175FC is just outrageous.

Muzzleloader
07-10-2019, 11:13 AM
I guess if you snooze you loose in this game. It was to good to be true with the dungeon only costing 50 trooper badges. It may be a long time before i get Cav Ed or the major.

Blade
07-10-2019, 11:45 AM
I guess if you snooze you loose in this game. It was to good to be true with the dungeon only costing 50 trooper badges. It may be a long time before i get Cav Ed or the major.

It was not a snooze (even if I like the rhyme)! Again bad communication led to this situation. My plan (and I guess this holds true for many others) was to continue the trooper dungeon grind as soon as the BNW event (and now the LoL event) was over. It was neither stated that the currency would change (I rather assumed it was a typo or mix-up that the key should move to the FC store than that the currency would change), nor that the price would increase so heavily. This "game" is becoming more and more a micro (character setup) and macro (resources, time planing) management slot machine. Unclear communication really does not help here. But well I know, it's just a game, right?

Muzzleloader
07-10-2019, 12:02 PM
Blade, you are correct. Many didnt have the time, resources or immediate need to complete the Cav Ed challenge. Poor communication and over eventing us may cause many unhappy players along with all the other problems with the game.

If he cost was 25 or 50 FC per key it wouldnt be as bad of an insult. Now only the top tier players can afford to earn Ed/Major, but then they had a good chance anyway.

ReDDy4EddY
07-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Why would anyone pay that much for this dungeon? @Blade that was my plan too, finish the warfare and anniversary events before moving onto this dungeon, with there being achievements added as well it was my understanding this would be something I could at my own pace, not rushing within 5 days... Looks like I will never get Cavalry Eddie or Malakhov unless they plan on doing recurring events where it will cost badges again...