PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Key Store Placement

Leviathan
07-10-2019, 09:26 PM
Hello Troopers.

Thank you for all your feedback regarding the Trooper Key and its Store placement. We want to take this opportunity to provide some additional context around the new Frontier Key feature, and its relation to the Frontier Store. Every Frontier Key offered via an event will be made available in the Frontier Store either during or after that event has ended. As the Trooper Key and Dungeon are part of this Frontier Key feature, this is why they were moved into the Frontier Store after the Balance of Power Event ended.

When a new Frontier Key is launched or is otherwise made available during an event, this will always be your best opportunity to get in as many dungeon plays as possible. Once the event completes, you will still be able to progress in these Frontier Key Dungeons by purchasing Keys from the Frontier Store, albeit at a slower rate.

However, as Frontier Keys are still a new system and our event messaging regarding post-event Trooper Key placement was not clear, we have decided to include an additional purchasing option, in addition to keeping the one that is already available in the Frontier Store.

The Trooper Key will be placed in the Trooper Store after 5pm PT on July 11th. 1 Key will cost 5000 Trooper Badges, and will be available for purchase 3 times a week.

Frontier Keys (like the Viral Frontier and Trooper Key) will also occasionally feature in upcoming events, giving you yet another opportunity to earn. In addition, new content will continue to be added to expand on existing Frontier Key Dungeons, so it will always be valuable to continue to collect Key Souls from events, when available, and use them in the future.

We hope this helps clarify the Frontier Key system, and what can be expected from future events of this type.

Cheers,

The Legacy of the Beast Team

GotN
07-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Am I the only one who totally lost track of all those keys?

URock
07-10-2019, 09:43 PM
So the Trooper Key is available in both stores or only in Trooper Store?
Again confusing...

wipp
07-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Both stores. And the 5000 trooper badges seems fair

Muzzleloader
07-10-2019, 09:50 PM
It is nice that they will allow us to use trooper badges or FC to purchase keys.

The one problem that was not addressed is that they had several events running concurrently which makes it difficult to choose which one takes priority. If they only have 1 grinding event running at a time it may not cause as much trouble.

Kaz_LOTB
07-10-2019, 09:51 PM
So the Trooper Key is available in both stores or only in Trooper Store?

All Frontier Keys (aside from the Daily Challenge ones) will always be purchasable in the Frontier Coin shop. However, in this case, we are going to go ahead and allow players to purchase a Trooper Key from the Trooper Shop as well, since there was a miscommunication to the community about where it would live after the event. So yes, the Trooper Key will live in both places after the next server update.

-Kaz

RobG-9641
07-10-2019, 10:46 PM
I really like the concept of Dungeons to allow players to obtain items/characters at their own pace instead of constant time limited events. Trooper Dungeon definitely needed to go back to Trooper Souls. 5,000 is fair, because after Skill Shards, not much else to buy weekly. Going forward, event rewards could include material needed to unlock/play dungeons with increased rewards within the specific dungeons. Playing at our own pace to get rewards is a very good direction game is taking, and adds variety to what players receive as rewards. Players getting different rewards at different times, will create more variety of team composition both in individual play and Arena... Everyone getting same rewards at same time creates too many clone teams.

Yup
07-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Could replace that 20,000 badge soul with the key :) Anyone still spending 20K badges for that thing?

wipp
07-10-2019, 11:14 PM
I have been hearing talk of the 20k soul but ive never had it in my trooper store. Unless it ws a one time thing and i already used it

Ironstyle
07-10-2019, 11:28 PM
Happy to hear about this update. 5,000 badges seems fair. Thanks for this change!

Yup
07-10-2019, 11:55 PM
I have been hearing talk of the 20k soul but I've never had it in my trooper store. Unless it ws a one time thing and i already used it

yeah 1 time thing... It was high cost for those that had a stockpile of badges when it was released. You probably already grabbed it (sucker! just kidding :) )

By the time I could collect 20K badges I realized I could get a soul for way, way, less if I simply spent badges on frags.

Muzzleloader
07-11-2019, 12:01 AM
Yes the frags may be cheaper, but you could get a 5* in 8 days compared to 4 weeks.

wipp
07-11-2019, 12:03 AM
I usually have at least 15k trooper badges at all times. I do alot of farming

rags-6094
07-11-2019, 12:21 AM
I have to agree 5000 trooper badges instead of frags is not only fair but more frequent, this makes a lot of sense.
Thanks Devs for adding this option, I for one appreciate this improvement.

Cheers!

gogosox40
07-11-2019, 12:43 AM
Anyone notice they have holy smokes and wickerman Eddie frags in the trooper store?
Why would you want to spent badges on those when you are guaranteed those when you 1st play the game.

Fudjo
07-11-2019, 12:46 AM
Anyone notice they have holy smokes and wickerman Eddie frags in the trooper store?
Why would you want to spent badges on those when you are guaranteed those when you 1st play the game.

Because there have been enough numbnuts out there who sacrifice them, then events require them, and they have to ask Customer Service to bail them out.

edsel
07-11-2019, 12:53 AM
Because there have been enough numbnuts out there who sacrifice them, then events require them, and they have to ask Customer Service to bail them out.

Like me. And i shitcanned both gunner and warrior pharoh dogs, wonder if these will ever be available again?

edsel
07-11-2019, 12:57 AM
Like me. And i shitcanned both gunner and warrior pharoh dogs, wonder if these will ever be available again?

I stockpiled frags from even because they were to be used to open Trooper dungeon, guess time to cash them in is now for the barbecue :\5718

SteveHarris
07-11-2019, 01:50 AM
Soooo....I should probably use up all 5,175 of my trooper fragments to claim trooper souls and get a ton of frontier coins then.

rags-6094
07-11-2019, 02:48 AM

Hi Edsel , I never got all the frags to make my golden dog for some reason... I asked and the golden dog soul was given to me.
You can always ask... but I think the devs are a little sick and tired of replacing mis sacrificed and sold souls.

This is probably why they’ve added holy smoke and wicker man to trooper frags.

Muzzleloader
07-11-2019, 02:52 AM
You should only use as many as you need. If you need the FC for a purchase, claim them. If you want to sacrifice some claim as many as you need. It's best to at least partially level them up to maximize their essence value. You need to decide which sac event best suits your game strategy. You can always save for a later date.

Remember to spend your FC wisely, because you never know when you may need some to complete a spending event. The game has become one of resource management and not one of spend as soon as you can.

kgk56
07-11-2019, 08:28 AM
The game has become one of resource management and not one of spend as soon as you can.

Isn't it better like this ? ... it add a little strategic side

Blade
07-11-2019, 09:08 AM
Thanks to the devs for the clarification and for the compromise solution. I also want to thank all that contributed to that discussion in a very civil way, which was not always the case in such heated discussions!

Moreover I want to cite Muzzleloaders post:
"The one problem that was not addressed is that they had several events running concurrently which makes it difficult to choose which one takes priority. If they only have 1 grinding event running at a time it may not cause as much trouble. "

I can see that it is also part of the game to put us players into situations where we have to be strategic and need to decide which way to go. But recently it was really a bit over the top with multiple grind events in a row PLUS several overlaps between these time-intense events. Like many others here I would appreciate a certain reduction in this pressure. There is no need to take away the strategic finding-priority-approach completely, but a certain relief would be very welcome! Thanks!

Wyphy
07-11-2019, 12:14 PM
Two orders of magnitude cost increase?

Said it in the other event thread, I'll say it again : Fuck you devs.

Blade
07-11-2019, 01:32 PM
It will cost 5k Trooper badges, not Trooper soul fragments.
So in the end we will have seen 3 different currencies for the same item, lol, we all love confusion, don't we? :D

It is a compromise. I would have preferred to see the original price back in place, at least for a while.
Per day we can get a total maximum of 2575 trooper badges, if you do run all Troopers and they also run yours. So if 4 don't run yours, you won't be able to buy they key after 2 days (assuming you have 0 in stocks)

Muzzleloader
07-11-2019, 01:35 PM
Kgk, I wasnt complaining about resource management. I was just trying to make a point. Is it better to spend now for a guaranteed reward or save for a potentially better reward. That's the same in real life.

kgk56
07-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Kgk, I wasnt complaining about resource management. I was just trying to make a point. Is it better to spend now for a guaranteed reward or save for a potentially better reward. That's the same in real life.

And it's just a game, ikr?

HuckFinn150
07-12-2019, 12:09 AM
Game is down again.....

Bakura
07-12-2019, 02:26 PM
I originally posted my frustration about the Trooper Dungeon key.... and the information given AFTER the fact.
But anyone who saw that post please disregard......
I just spent all night doing the sac-a-thon event...... I have no complaints.
Thanks Kaz & Nodding Frog.
Keep up the good work!
I am one Happy & Satisfied customer!!!
Today is a great day ! 😉

Sidney
07-12-2019, 03:34 PM
I think it's great that we can buy with Trooper badges now and the price is right on point. The 3 a week is a little disappointing, but after all the grinding I did during the event I should be able to score Calvary Ed tomorrow after the rollover.

Thanks devs for adding this option!!

The Educated fool
07-23-2019, 05:19 PM
So... what's the deal with the Trooper Dungeon itself? Is it still supposed to be possible to get the Trooper talis from it, or is that all over? I have 2/5 from over 200 runs, at the moment. Devs, any word on this?

Muzzleloader
07-23-2019, 05:48 PM
Good luck, I may have pulled 1 talisman out of 400 battles after the trooper event ended. The same seems to be for the infernal dungeon. Dont plan on talisman dropping in either dungeon unless it changes with an update.

Bakura
07-24-2019, 12:15 AM
Same here.
I got Calvary Ed during the event and also like 6 tali sets.
The day after the event, I did the achievement to get Major Malakhov. 400 runs and NOT ONE TROOPER TALI!
I believe NF said they adjusted the drop rates since then. So the fact you got 2, well that's their idea of improvement.
Did Infernal too, got Magma Beast.... and only 1 Reaper the whole achievement.

Natasmai
07-24-2019, 01:56 AM
i have actually gotten about 7 talisman in the last day or so. I believe they tweaked the droprates again. suddenly working after about 400 runs with 0 drops

Ive only seen 1 total reaper as well and i have magma from the achievement.

Esquatcho
07-24-2019, 02:28 AM
i have actually gotten about 7 talisman in the last day or so. I believe they tweaked the droprates again. suddenly working after about 400 runs with 0 drops

Ive only seen 1 total reaper as well and i have magma from the achievement.

That said, I feel that there is something in the code that always gives higher drop rates AFTER you've completed the achievement. Happens for me too with dungeons etc

Muzzleloader
08-20-2019, 02:57 PM
What is the best team using the major?I have some trooper talis, but most of them are skilled. I have time so I may go for the stretch acheviement. The last legendary talisman soul only gave a not so good T2. I dont know if its worth 600 more battles.

Stormseye
08-20-2019, 03:43 PM
Most teams using Major have either Alchemy or Singularity on Major and partner with Charlotte/Gambler plus a random.

Natasmai
08-20-2019, 03:45 PM
Im pretty sure I just used Gambler + Killer Prime and filled in with whoever I needed, even guys i want to level up.

I just used a spare key I had to check. I have Gambler (banner/warlord) KP (sustaining/immunity/warlord) Major (Singularity) and a level 40 prisoner I am leveling for gauntlet with no talismans.

About 30 sec per run on auto, one shot each wave.

Muzzleloader
08-20-2019, 05:22 PM
Just ran a full key without a trooper talisman drop. Anyone getting better results.

Muzzleloader
08-21-2019, 01:19 AM
I just completed under 110 runs today and not a talisman dropped. They give us the keys and the time, but they turned the talisman faucet off. I dont see a reason to keep playing it without any dropped talisman. If 3* evo runes would drop it would be worth going for the stretch goal.

Bakura
08-21-2019, 06:47 AM
Atleast that Infernal Dungeon is dropping 3* colorless runes now.
I seriously had nearly 5000 2* runes, even after powering a bunch of tali sets up to 40. All these events dropping 2*.
We need some balance. It seems even harder nowadays to get 3* in the cosmos. Lord of the Flies has the best drops.

Muzzleloader
08-21-2019, 10:28 AM
Bakura, since when is 3* dropping in the infernal dungeon? I have 8K 2* and will only get more if I play the trooper dungeon.

Yup
08-21-2019, 10:53 AM
Muzzleloader... I ran the Infernal earlier today for the first time since the opening event.. I got some 3 star colorless runes. Only 1 Reaper talisman in 2 hours.. but several 3 star runes (and more 2 star as well).

Seems a shame to have nearly 10K 2 star runes and struggle to get 20 3 stars.

Not to mention the colored runes seem almost non-existent lately.

Bakura
08-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Yeah, it wasn't dropping alot, but it did drop some. I believe one of the tuning updates stated they were going to have the Infernal Dungeon drop 3*.
As far as the reapers, it was a noticeable difference since the magma event.

Yup
08-21-2019, 11:10 AM
Well I ran the entire Magma event and got 0 reapers. Still feel like they ripped off players in that event and should have awarded a Reaper set to anyone with Magma Ed at the end of the event.

Muzzleloader
08-21-2019, 11:18 AM
I ran the infernal and got magma without any reapers, then they drop like flies. Now it seems they may have throttled back on the talisman.

I wanted to catch some trooper talis since I need some to complete sets besides skilled, not one talis in 108 battles. I wish they woul add the 3* to trooper dungeon. It may give some incentive for me to go for the stretch rewards.

Both dungeons drop SS, but the long term players mostly dont need SS.

I guess the best bet for 3* runes is NC. I wish it would be better in BNW, it just does seem so. How many white colorless leveling runes do you guys have. I had to level talisman not needed just to clear space.

Natasmai
08-21-2019, 01:41 PM
I just completed under 110 runs today and not a talisman dropped. They give us the keys and the time, but they turned the talisman faucet off. I dont see a reason to keep playing it without any dropped talisman. If 3* evo runes would drop it would be worth going for the stretch goal.

I played 2 keys yesterday and I got 3 talisman, 2 fierce & 1 skilled. I'm not terribly worried about it, i have at least 5 sets, but it does seem that they are dropping less than a few weeks ago.

Muzzleloader
08-21-2019, 02:49 PM
I'll give it another try. I have the keys, it only cost ironite to purchase SoT.

scott-5496
08-21-2019, 03:34 PM
I have to say I got loads of Reaper sets in the Magma dungeon - I maybe have three or four sets now so there was a lot dropping. I am getting decent rewards in the Cosmic Talisman dungeon - that is where my spare SoT are going just now. Still no great shake on getting really good cosmic talisman but getting OK loot os far. Also doing a bit of BNW and have seen two keys drop there too.

Muzzleloader
08-22-2019, 08:49 PM
250 battles and no trooper talisman. I gave up and went to the cosmic dungeons and started earning useful resources.

Yup
08-22-2019, 09:53 PM
I'm only 200 frags away from a "Mythical Cosmic"... that's 4 epics cached in... which means 10 more regular cosmic souls ... well it was... not sure now that they are playing with values.

Esquatcho
08-22-2019, 10:32 PM
250 battles and no trooper talisman. I gave up and went to the cosmic dungeons and started earning useful resources.

And thats even recently!? I'd log a ticket on that one! Thats definitely not right and not even one means that there is some sort of bug.

Muzzleloader
08-22-2019, 10:44 PM
They were done in the last 3 days. It's not worth a ticket. If they start dropping again I may go for the stretch goal. I have 2 sets of trooper talis but most of them are skilled. I have some extra trooper keys that will keep. I can use my cosmic keys during slow times.

Yup
08-22-2019, 10:57 PM
During the event they dropped in batches...10 skilled.. then 10 fierce.. then 10 safeguard.. they weren't well dispersed at that time. No clue how they are now. I ended up with WAY more safeguard than anything.. .and sold 2 or 3 sets of skilled.

Esquatcho
08-23-2019, 01:42 PM
They were done in the last 3 days. It's not worth a ticket. If they start dropping again I may go for the stretch goal. I have 2 sets of trooper talis but most of them are skilled. I have some extra trooper keys that will keep. I can use my cosmic keys during slow times.

Yeah fair enough. I just finished off my last 100 rounds today and got myself another set. Pretty standard mix between the sub-types too.

Ezz
08-29-2019, 01:16 AM
Did they pull the trooper key from the trooper store? Just went to buy one and it’s not there. I had not bought any this week?

Esquatcho
08-29-2019, 05:58 AM
Did they pull the trooper key from the trooper store? Just went to buy one and it’s not there. I had not bought any this week?

Mine is still there... They only disappear if you have bought them all... Unless you are bugged I guess?

Ezz
08-29-2019, 06:10 PM
Mine is still there... They only disappear if you have bought them all... Unless you are bugged I guess?

They are back today must have been a glitch last night.