PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice Event

scott-5496
07-12-2019, 10:26 AM
Hi all.

Did I miss the announcement and details of the sacrifice event? Can't see anythign on here about it unless I am missing something? We usually get a thread to chat on about it and get details on here about loot for sacrifice tier levels etc?

My news feed link/click crashes the app (need that fixed if possible - I click it maybe 2/3/4 times and it crashes each time but tends to work eventually - really weird one)?

I got the link to work so i have the details but can't see a devs announcement here?

Cheers and good luck sacking folks!

dragonmat89
07-12-2019, 10:43 AM
No announcement on here but it is on on Facebook and the News Feed.

Great event - almost as good as the Iron Frontier event earlier in the year(/late last year?). Emptied the bank of souls I'd been saving (only about a months worth apart form 2-3 months worth of epics which gave me a good few mythicals from frags) and got about 200 Steel souls - I now have + 80M Gold, + 7k FC and + 30k IC as well as a few holes plugged in my Allies collection (including The Killer finally!). Good odds on getting decent amount of IC and FC and the 3* gold idols really stack up quickly - got maybe a dozen 5* so roughly 5% odds.

I'm going to give it a break now but will probably look back to it on the final day (the 18th I think?) and use up whatever I get between now and then to squeeze a few more IC and FC out of the event.

HuckFinn150
07-12-2019, 10:55 AM
I dumped about all of mine with no news or announcements either. Didn't get any steel souls. If it doesn't correct itself in not bothering with it. Too many bugs in the game and I'm to a point of no longer caring...

Stranger
07-12-2019, 11:16 AM
I wonder one thing: there are Alchemy talismans in the store available for Alchemist frags and the Alchemist frags are available only during sac events. But this event doesn't offer any Alchemist fragments! WTF!
Is there any other way to get them? From some souls?

Blade
07-12-2019, 11:26 AM
I wonder one thing: there are Alchemy talismans in the store available for Alchemist frags and the Alchemist frags are available only during sac events. But this event doesn't offer any Alchemist fragments! WTF!
Is there any other way to get them? From some souls?

Vortex gives Alchemist frags, that's the only source as far as I know. But you get them always, not only during sac events.

Stranger
07-12-2019, 11:33 AM
Thanks Blade. Not sure I got frags today from vortex. I'll see if the next one gives them.

EDIT: 20 frags from vortex now. It works.

scott-5496
07-12-2019, 11:38 AM
I did get two sets for two vortex's so they are there for me.

Esquatcho
07-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Ive just about used up all the souls I want to (gotta keep some spare for rare soul events!).

It was no pumpkinfest, but omg gold for days! After soul dumping costs I still made 70mill.

Took all my relics from 4 to 6, with 6k left over.

About 7000 FC and I finally got the killer!

My only disappointments were burning fc for two souls to get dupe gamblers chasing angel eddie (always take the safe way in this game!), not getting much heroic legendary and mythical frags and not getting either virtual ed or the alliance general despite burning a heaappp of green souls.

Still, just for the relics and gold Im very happy!

Tengu316
07-12-2019, 03:17 PM
This is my first sacrifice event so some guidance, please. Thanks to some GREAT advice ("hoarders are winners" is now a bumper sticker on my car), I'm sitting on about 100 of 3-5* characters and eddies but they're kinda low level (lots of 1-50s). Should I wait out sacrificing to the last minute in order to build up their levels or does that matter?

Muzzleloader
07-12-2019, 04:00 PM
I certainly wouldnt sacrifice any 4 or 5* toons that are not duplicates. The higher the level the more essence you recieve in the sac. There is a diminishing return on upgrading toons and their essence. The essence value is linear to the level, but the experience to level them up is not. It depends l. But somewhere between 50 and 60 level are the optimal if you are time and resource restricted..

If at all possible do an ultimate sacrifice, 50K essence or more to maximize your reward mission. Usually it doesnt matter when during the event you do the sacrifices. Only when the rewards are outrageous is it important to get in early before they nerf the rewards.

Tengu, if you have any more questions just ask.

Tengu316
07-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Sweet! Thanks, Muzzleloader! Should have said these were dupes I was talking about (after that weird ability-based event where I was pumping Hourglasses, I'm scared of getting rid of ANY non-dupes! lol). Sounds like I'm pretty much set -- time to rolls the dice and takes my chances! Thanks again!

Yup
07-12-2019, 05:00 PM
Best reward is honestly the Alchemy talismans for Alchemist frags. I REALLY wish there was a 5 star warrior character capable of wearing alchemy talismans (minimum 2 blue slots). Really there's only the W Hierophant, at least that I have.

I managed to double most of my resources.. FC, Gold, IC... via Steel Souls, but there's no one "reward" really that you can strive for (other than the Alchemist frags for talismans). It's a good resource replenishing event. But it's not worth losing high-value characters unless you have duplicates.

Muzzleloader
07-12-2019, 05:20 PM
The sac event is good for resource gathering, but I dont really need any FC, IC or gold. I dont know if i should increase my cache of resources or not.

Is there anything I am missing if I dont sac more than the requiremdnt.

Yup
07-12-2019, 05:34 PM
No... just more FC, IC, and 1 star hearts/idols.

I'd just hit the achievements to get those cosmic frags and catalyst soul... those are the best options. Anything more would be get more steel souls to get more resources (which is really never a bad thing).

I contemplated cashing in all teh mythic/legendary/epic frags I have for souls to sacrifice, but really, those are better served when needed next, not for this event.

jstrickPhoto
07-13-2019, 01:10 AM
This sacrifice event has been fantastic. Since I started the Cavalry Eddie event right at the beginning in the first hour, my first run gave me so many trooper souls that I had been stockpiling Tropper Eddies, Lady Azovs, Warlords and all the Crimean fellas. On top of that, after the Anniversary stuff and Sentinel Crimean event, I had about 300 souls banked.

It took me 2-1/2 hours last night clearing out all of the souls I had and in sacrificing, I kept get more plus the bonus sacrifices you get now-and-then. I got a 3rd Killer Beast and 3 new Eddie's I'd been waiting for. Earned 49 skill shards and over $50M plus over $3k in Frontier Coins care of these Steel Souls.

But now I'm short on Talismans and have no souls to keep sacrificing :)

Olevipoeg
07-13-2019, 08:05 AM
Great event. I'm not really big Arena fan, so IC come very hard to me. Now I have maxed most of my relicts. And people beware, my Pumpkins are fully sharded now. :)

Iced_Earth
07-13-2019, 09:54 AM
yup, major malakhov can wear 6x blue talis.

Ancient Mariner
07-13-2019, 12:30 PM
With the steel souls that this event gives i reached 136 millions gold and i'm not done yet...a few sac events ago i had to stop cause i ran out of gold, while now i don't even know what to do with all the gold i'm hoarding and it seem i can't help but increasing it until the event ends lol

I hope there will be more ways in future to spend all this gold they made us earn

Muzzleloader
07-13-2019, 12:36 PM
The question would be do you need more gold, FC, or IC. At some point it may be better to save souls for a future sac event. This event isnt the best at rutrning non steel souls it's a resource gathering event.

Ancient Mariner
07-13-2019, 01:47 PM
The question would be do you need more gold, FC, or IC. At some point it may be better to save souls for a future sac event. This event isnt the best at rutrning non steel souls it's a resource gathering event.

well actually the answer is simple, as the steel souls give all of the 3 resources you mentioned :)

Muzzleloader
07-13-2019, 01:59 PM
The answer isnt simple. What are you going to do with 136MM gold. IC is earnable at a good rate, FC at some point doesnt become that hard to acquire. There aren't many sac events that give heroic soul frags or others. If you are sitting on 500 heroic souls then they dont become relevant anymore. Legendary souls also become irrelevant at some point also.

wipp
07-13-2019, 02:18 PM
Great event. I'm not really big Arena fan, so IC come very hard to me. Now I have maxed most of my relicts. And people beware, my Pumpkins are fully sharded now. :)

I was rooting for u in gauntlet last week. Did u get first?

Olevipoeg
07-13-2019, 02:35 PM
I was rooting for u in gauntlet last week. Did u get first?
Nope. I lost one fight in lower round because of server restart. I still achived maximum possible wins, but in last few hours Alekos got also 98% ( 95 wins and one loss ) and I was pushed to second place. I really don't know why actually. I got the same amount of wins and losses 3 days before.

Fudjo
07-13-2019, 03:46 PM
The answer isnt simple. What are you going to do with 136MM gold.

Fully level the talismans for 68 of your toons.

Yup
07-13-2019, 04:43 PM
yup, major malakhov can wear 6x blue talis.

Very true. But I've already got him set with a 6 set which won't allow his passive to be disabled so everyone always gets Perfect Health :) .... and putting Alchemy on a suicide hitter seems.. well... fool-hearty :)

kkkreg5
07-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Thanks to the Trooper Frags Fiasco 2019 (over 35,000) I was able to triple my gold, finish all relics with IC to spare and accumulate over 60k in FC. Great event for me...

wipp
07-13-2019, 05:20 PM
Very true. But I've already got him set with a 6 set which won't allow his passive to be disabled so everyone always gets Perfect Health :) .... and putting Alchemy on a suicide hitter seems.. well... fool-hearty :)

I dont have him but wouldnt a revive tal work like imortal or endure so u cant drop below one percent on his suicide move?

Muzzleloader
07-13-2019, 05:26 PM
Fudjo, you would need 3000 3* evo runes. Now that would be impressive for a true hoarder.

gogosox40
07-13-2019, 06:50 PM
How many alchemy sets does one Need?
I already have 2 but have enough frags to get 2 more.

Yup
07-13-2019, 07:22 PM
Well I pulled al I could from the frags.. sitting on 5 sets now. Goal is to get a set on each class of character, preferably a 5 star character (for cosmic dungeons).... Kind of stuck on Warrior though since W Major is the only 5 star warrior with 2 blue slots.

Note the W Hierophant can also wear Alchemy Talismans.. but he's a 4 star character. I was kind of looking for a 5 star.

I dont have him but wouldnt a revive tal work like imortal or endure so u cant drop below one percent on his suicide move?

If'n he don't die.. his passive of removing buffs and putting everyone to sleep doesn't work. So he kind of HAS to die (and revive) for that move to mean anything. Some PVP players don't realize this.. if he has Endure or Invincibility when he uses that move.. it hits like a gnat and is practically meaningless. But.. you can't always control him getting/not getting Endure/Invincibility or when he'll use the power move in PVP (Barring Blight talismans which I don't have [not worth $10]). I've been testing him on my PvP D team this past week.... but it's hard to tell home much of an issue this is for my team. Alchemy talismans do grant Invincibility at start.. so if he's using that move.. it may not mean anything at times.

And he'll only revive once. This is also why I think the (Blue 6 set to disable passive disable) that I have is best served on him so his passive is never disabled. Thus far, only 1 set of those exist in my inventory.

I do have 2 of the Majors though.. so I might use one just for the cosmic dungeon... but I found recently that Calvary Ed with Troopers (granting PI and Echo), Charlotte with Vipers (healing, buff stealing, countering, and reviving if needed), and Sehkmet with Echos (Buff removal and extra turn fury) is really all you need for the W Cosmic Dungeon. I kept losing every few runs using Alex Ed or any other W Ed. Once I swapped out Calvary Ed with Troopers.. no losses thus far. So.. I may not need the W Major for the Cosmic Dungeon.

Olevipoeg
07-13-2019, 07:46 PM
Well I pulled al I could from the frags.. sitting on 5 sets now. Goal is to get a set on each class of character, preferably a 5 star character (for cosmic dungeons).... Kind of stuck on Warrior though since W Major is the only 5 star warrior with 2 blue slots.

If'n he don't die.. his passive of removing buffs and putting everyone to sleep doesn't work. So he kind of HAS to die (and revive) for that move to mean anything. Some PVP players don't realize this.. if he has Endure or Invincibility when he uses that move.. it hits like a gnat and is practically meaningless. But.. you can't always control him getting/not getting Endure/Invincibility or when he'll use the power move in PVP (Barring Blight talismans which I don't have [not worth $10]). I've been testing him on my PvP D team this past week.... but it's hard to tell home much of an issue this is for my team. Alchemy talismans do grant Invincibility at start.. so if he's using that move.. it may not mean anything at times.

And he'll only revive once. This is also why I think the (Blue 6 set to disable passive disable) that I have is best served on him so his passive is never disabled. Thus far, only 1 set of those exist in my inventory.

I do have 2 of the Majors though.. so I might use one just for the cosmic dungeon... but I found recently that Calvary Ed with Troopers (granting PI and Echo), Charlotte with Vipers (healing, buff stealing, countering, and reviving if needed), and Sehkmet with Echos (Buff removal and extra turn fury) is really all you need for the W Cosmic Dungeon. I kept losing every few runs using Alex Ed or any other W Ed. Once I swapped out Calvary Ed with Troopers.. no losses thus far. So.. I may not need the W Major for the Cosmic Dungeon.
My team was:
Alex(Dominance Sustaining Cosmic)
Charlotte(Viper Cosmic)
Sekmeth(Redemption Sustaining Cosmic)
Killer Beast (Labyrinth Cosmic)
Full auto, never failed.

Yup
07-13-2019, 07:59 PM
I ran the same team. It won most of the time. I'm just lazy and don't want to move talismans around... and really.. the losses were due to everyone but Alex being Frozen in that first battle.

If you have him, you should try swapping Alex for Calvary with troopers, it goes WAY faster (more runs in the hour)

Now we need an event or dungeon that drops 3 star colorless evo runes well. Seems all the Cosmic/Trooper/Viral dungeons only drop 2 stars well. And trying to farm NC or BNW for them means you'll get less than 20 for every 600 SOT spent... really low rates.

Amarthir
07-13-2019, 09:48 PM
Had a massive sac a thon today, purely in the interest of getting more relics and now I've maxed out my Warrior and Magus relics with only Def/MR for Sentinel, Attack/Magic for Assassin and Attack/Magic/Fury for Gunner. Globals are last on my priority.

Made myself way over 10k Frontier coins and actually blew a few thousand on trooper eddie souls to keep the souls coming.

The only thing that irks me is after all the Gunner and Assassin souls I've pulled I'm still missing my G/A Hierophants, Executioner Eddie and Gunner PDK. Bloody infuriating it is.

scott-5496
07-15-2019, 10:31 AM
Great event for me - no down sides at all. Gains (as I mentioned elsewhere):

I am well over 200M gold for the first time - so far a gain of around 80M (spent some on level up the 1 star sac hearts to max 1 star and stopped there) as well as some sac fodder being levelled up too.
I have really hit the relics very hard with this event and still going as I was likely a long way behind a lot fo folk as I tend to not do loads of arena of Gauntlet - tend to stop at SS or earlier. So far that is has been really good for me as really hit a lot of the coloured relics I needed so getting close to completing them all now which is nice and saved me a lot of time! Not sure on how much I spent in IC that dropped but around 50k or so.
Got some characters I was missing and one or two good dupes as well as countless new sac fodder - new to me: Magus Crimean, the two new Golems, Executioner Eddie and two Assassin PDK at last.
Gained over 1k Ironite.
About 11k Frontire Coins
Three sets of talisman as well from The Alchemist frags from Vortex drops.
350ish SoW.
And finally I must have gained around 70+ Skill Shards too btu used some on the new allies and Eddie! Mist be sitting at arounf 1.050 in total now.