PDA

View Full Version : July Events Pacing

GrimDusk
07-15-2019, 12:05 AM
Is it me, or were the first half of events this month paced kinda poorly? We had the Cavalry Eddie event, then the evolution event, the anniversary event which wasn’t really anything special, all within a very short amount of time. Then we had the gauntlet event, which really isn’t an event, and now we have this sacrifice event with no forum post.

bort
07-15-2019, 12:12 AM
Is it me, or were the first half of events this month paced kinda poorly? We had the Cavalry Eddie event, then the evolution event, the anniversary event which wasn’t really anything special, all within a very short amount of time. Then we had the gauntlet event, which really isn’t an event, and now we have this sacrifice event with no forum post.

I was thinking that this wasnt the entirety of the anniversary event. I half-expect an anniversary sac event later this month.

Yup
07-15-2019, 01:19 AM
Players were complaining that events were coming too fast and back to back a month ago.

Devs stated they planned to slow things down a little.

I don't mind the current pacing.

I also think they didn't plan on the Trooper Dungeon being completed in a couple days by some.

Muzzleloader
07-15-2019, 01:45 AM
The events besides the trooper dungeon wasnt that fast paced. Besides the LoL frag event, they all could have been done with free ironite.

The trooper dungeon fiasco made a few rich in resources, while confusing many on the exact cost. The trooper dungeon has stopped dropping talisman or at least they are dropping at the same rate as past dungeon evemts.

I dont understand why they dont have grinding events run concurrently with sac events. The sac events usually dont take to long to complete, excluding the pumkin and heart sacathons.

bort
07-15-2019, 03:08 AM
I dont understand why they dont have grinding events run concurrently with sac events. The sac events usually dont take to long to complete, excluding the pumkin and heart sacathons.

That right there is the idea.

Most of the sac events have been 'meh' for me, but that might be because I recall the pumpkin endless sackathon too fondly.

I'd like a "goal" character thrown in for sac events though, that would be nice.

Yup
07-15-2019, 05:46 AM
I don't know.. I picked up 3 more sets of Alchemy talismans this sac event.. doubled gold, IC, and FC as well. I don't think it was a bad event at all.. or even really "meh".. unless there are characters you are chasing.

scott-5496
07-15-2019, 10:17 AM
Actually agree with you here Yup - great event that sac event - well fo rme anyway. I had hoarded a lot as previous few have been pretty poor in terms of what I migth gain. This one is a winner all round for me once I got going on it.

I am well over 200M gold for the first time - so far a gain of around 80M.
I have really hit the relics very hard with this event and still going as I was likely a long way behind a lot fo folk as I tend to not do loads of arena of Gauntlet - tend to stop at SS or earlier. So far that is has been really good for me as really hit a lot of the coloured relics I needed so getting close to completing them all now which is nice and saved me a lot of time! Not sure on how much I spent in IC that dropped but around 50k or so.
Got some characters I was missing and one or two good dupes as well as countless new sac fodder - new to me: Magus Crimean, the two new Golems, Executioner Eddie and two Assassin PDK at last.
Gained over 1k Ironite.
About 11k Frontire Coins
Three sets of talisman as well from The Alchemist frags from Vortex drops.
350ish SoW.

Still going too so not sure where I will end up but for me this one has been a big win for me on all counts. No downsides other than taking a long time to sac 30+ stacks of common souls!

Other than having a new event character to go for (which is weird not to have one) this has been a winner!

bort
07-15-2019, 11:44 AM
I don't know.. I picked up 3 more sets of Alchemy talismans this sac event.. doubled gold, IC, and FC as well. I don't think it was a bad event at all.. or even really "meh".. unless there are characters you are chasing.

I may not have a lot of gold, but I started with 60m + 25m in unsold gold idols, own all of the FC characters, and don't particularly care about IC that much, so the benefits of the sac event are just not what I'm after. I have a rather large cache of souls and frags to redeem, and this game has taught me to hoard, hoard, hoard, so I am reluctant to dump them to get those things. I have two sets of alchemy already, and a third would just sit unused, so no real point for me in getting more. I have the frags for it now, just chose not to pick it up. I do like that you can buy them with alchemy frags, so good job nf on that.

Right now i'm not even selling golden idols because I fear that the next event nf is going to pull is going to revolve around selling them - that is how much they've ingrained "hoard all your resources" into me

gogosox40
07-15-2019, 02:45 PM
Technically after reset today should start the 2nd half of the month accordingly to the calender.
So maybe the 2nd half list will be released today??

Yup
07-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Funny thing is after you get the relics.. there's really nothing to spend IC on.. I mean 700 a week on skill shards, but that's about it. I'm sitting on 40-50K IC at the moment.

Fudjo
07-15-2019, 03:16 PM
Funny thing is after you get the relics.. there's really nothing to spend IC on.. I mean 700 a week on skill shards, but that's about it. I'm sitting on 40-50K IC at the moment.

I stopped spending ICs and Trooper badges on Skill Shards about a year ago 'cause I was getting piles of them from sacrifice events. I got another couple hundred from the current event and I'm currently sitting on 350 Skill Shards after fully sharding all of my toons. I have 100K ICs to burn, so I figure I'll start stockpiling Eternity fragments to cover the possibility that they have an Eternity dungeon event that costs Eternity fragments, much like the Trooper dungeon originally cost Trooper fragments. No idea if it'll happen, but what else do I have to spend ICs on?

Yup
07-15-2019, 04:09 PM
Well I still grab the 2 a week with IC since cost is minimal.. and yes I already have a triple digit stockpile :) Badges..... I tend to pick up SS or Destiny talismans.. Destiny on Mystic or Mummy can help..... heck even on the lowly 3 stars that are otherwise kind of useless :)

Lord-7618
07-15-2019, 04:10 PM
I stopped spending ICs and Trooper badges on Skill Shards about a year ago 'cause I was getting piles of them from sacrifice events. I got another couple hundred from the current event and I'm currently sitting on 350 Skill Shards after fully sharding all of my toons. I have 100K ICs to burn, so I figure I'll start stockpiling Eternity fragments to cover the possibility that they have an Eternity dungeon event that costs Eternity fragments, much like the Trooper dungeon originally cost Trooper fragments. No idea if it'll happen, but what else do I have to spend ICs on?

Remeber when the sands of time were raised fronm 80 to 120? It was before the current tipe of events. So I think that in this game you never get tons of something without a reason, surely somethig to do with IC is close at hand.
This event is being awesome for me. Got nearly all relics, I´ll get the ones left for sure, and then I´ll start to save IC. The event isn´t over for me, "sacrifice is going on tonight";)

calizario
07-15-2019, 08:26 PM
Remeber when the sands of time were raised fronm 80 to 120? It was before the current tipe of events. So I think that in this game you never get tons of something without a reason, surely somethig to do with IC is close at hand.
This event is being awesome for me. Got nearly all relics, I´ll get the ones left for sure, and then I´ll start to save IC. The event isn´t over for me, "sacrifice is going on tonight";)

You're right and I say more. It is not standard NF to grapple the resource players without having something up their sleeves.

URock
07-15-2019, 09:09 PM
I hope that from now the events slow down a little bit and that the Frogs will do testing before releasing new toons and talismans.
Less events but better gaming at all would be very nice...

PS: we don't need "new" toons, we need tuning on the old ones...

scott-5496
07-16-2019, 10:07 AM
I hope that from now the events slow down a little bit and that the Frogs will do testing before releasing new toons and talismans.
Less events but better gaming at all would be very nice...

PS: we don't need "new" toons, we need tuning on the old ones...

I would love to see older allies getting some love - there are some decent older allies that can still do a great job given the role that new talisman can play these days - in many ways talisman is king at the moment (though you do need decent characters of course). Maybe do a themed month or week where a set of older allies get some upgrades - no reason why some rockets cant be great or indeed some worms or imps! It would be nice to see more of the class/star restricted events or locations opening up - I am sure there could be some useful and interesting challenges set up on each world where you can only use a limited roster.

scott-5496
07-16-2019, 10:16 AM
We also need some information on upcoming events as we are well past half way in the month now?

Anything due devs? Just wondering of the forum announcement person is on holiday when you see how long it took for the sac event annoucement to surface on here - it was elsewhere so it must have just slipped off the radar.

Cheers

Blade
07-16-2019, 11:33 AM
I am also waiting for some news! Especially as I still have a very small faint of hope, that the 2x drop % bonus for rare souls is still coming like it was the case for the last 2 birthdays. Was there something recently that I might have missed, as I had very limited time since friday and could not read here and could barely play my troopers and a few Arena matches. Please give me an update, if there was something! Last thing I saw was the change for the Trooper Dungeon key and that the sac event started. Thanks!

Volrath
07-16-2019, 01:16 PM
The sacrifice event was great. Would have loved to have all those iron coins a little earlier, but oh well. I guess I'll save them for the next "use all your resources" event.

In this case, I was actually relieved that other events were concurrent with the Trooper dungeon one, because that one was a total mess. It was fun at first farming frontier coins but once they fixed that it was just blah. Too much work to keep going and borderline impossible to win using all the trooper characters (Bastion and Warlord need to be buffed or something jeez).

I'm curious to see what's coming for the second half of the month since we've done most of the monthly staples already. Gauntlet Season 4 for sure and probably an arena event that I will ignore. Other than that, who knows?

Blade
07-17-2019, 08:44 AM
So the info for the second half is online:

The background looks like a broken Arena, lol :) It seems like this will be a month without Arena event, which is really great!!
Looks like we will have an event to get more Frontier Keys, maybe with more new characters? I mean most of us probably have Virus Ed already, right?
No idea what eternal encounter could be, maybe applying buffs/debuffs?
Also there is unfortunately no hint that the 2x drop bonus for rare souls will come back, which is really sad :( This was the best part of the last 2 anniversaries!
However, the last event of the month will be a BoS event...hmmm
Greed and Gold could be a comeback of the Green Talisman and maybe a chance for higher gold drops? But very limited options, as it is connected to the Skull Quests

scott-5496
07-17-2019, 09:52 AM
Interesting line up of events (hopefully).

I wonder if Quantum Quandary is a Purgatory Eddie (quantum meean something like in two places at once and Purgatory is sort of not 'heaven' and not 'hell'...clutching at straws maybe!

More greed talisman is fine by me as they are decent.

Eternal Encounter might be a boss run againt the Eternal characters and their minions but doubtful on that as that seems too literal a jump!

Frontier Key is fine for me as only a little away from Virus and have not done any dungeons on it for a while as was focused on the other events (still going with sac event as getting closer to doing all of my reolics so that migth be almost achievable over next day or two.

Soon I will have Cavalry Eddie as that is where all of my spare SoT have been going last week or so and then will take a look at getting the Major and Virus Eddie....eventually!

infinite dreamer
07-17-2019, 05:39 PM
I really appreciate that things have been kind of mellow for the past week and a half. I just returned from vacation and all I felt compelled to do while away was run through my troopers (didn't miss any badges). I just have to get caught up on gauntlet before the next changeover, but the break from grinding away was really nice. 2nd half of the month looks interesting.

Yup
07-17-2019, 09:52 PM
I really appreciate that things have been kind of mellow for the past week and a half.

Amen brudda ;)

URock
07-18-2019, 11:58 AM
https://im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-1-c1168fe9eba6.gif
https://twitter.com/i/status/1151723323711266816

gogosox40
07-22-2019, 03:46 PM
Was there any reason why the LOL dungeons were open all weekend long? When the Hell and Fire started it seems like it reset the LOL. Or am I wrong?

GrimDusk
07-23-2019, 02:48 AM
So Eternal Encounter? Is that happening?

Olevipoeg
07-23-2019, 06:05 AM
Heroic rotation just happend. Virtual XI and Magus Hierophant are 5 star chars.

scott-5496
07-23-2019, 09:05 AM
I am missing the Magus Hierophant so going to have to get my lucky finger working! Yeah, no chance, no luck but will try!

scott-5496
07-23-2019, 09:08 AM
Look like a busy end to the month if we have three events still to go - more doubling up or indeed trebling up! Oh joy!

Blade
07-23-2019, 09:29 AM
Look like a busy end to the month if we have three events still to go - more doubling up or indeed trebling up! Oh joy!

I'd say it depends what Eternal Encounter is about to be! Skull Quest and BoS events usually don't require a lot of time/grinding.
I also need the blue Pope, but I will wait to open souls, as we have 2 weeks for that and then it is august already...

GrimDusk
07-24-2019, 02:18 AM
They postponed the interesting event for two boring ones? That doesn’t seem like the smartest decison.

Alvorada
07-24-2019, 05:38 AM
I liked the break. We have time to spend on dungeons or gauntlet.

About the coming months, I would like to see events overlapping, but under certain "rules".

In my opinion, events could be classified in two groups:

a) sacrifice, BoS, evolution, skull quest, spending.

b) grinding, arena, dungeon.

There is not problem in lauch 2 events of diferent groups at the same time.

In the other hand, 2 events of the same group create stressful rush or a boring empty.

With a litle adjusment, the same amount of events could coexist way better.

URock
07-28-2019, 07:33 AM
What about the last missing event? I thought they would start today? I mean:

QUANTUM QUANDARI (Book Of Souls) ?

thealchemist
07-28-2019, 08:15 AM
The 2nd half of this month has been refreshing. The beginning of the month was overwhelming to me, I didnt even get to do the trooper dungeon initially. Over the past week or so I have started to finally catch up on that but like it has been mentioned, trooper talismans just aren't dropping now. Done about 350 runs with not a single talisman yet. While others got 2 sets initially? :/

I havent bothered with the infernal dungeon yet either as a variant of Beast Eddie isnt that exciting to me. Once I get around to finishing the trooper achievements then I might get to the Infernal based ones. Although not sure I am that willing to spend 250FC for a key, especially when talismans aren't dropping. So will depend a lot on how many runs I can do with the 5 keys I have.

Muzzleloader
07-28-2019, 05:15 PM
I found the last week has been the best in quit awhile. The grinding has came to a halt, it would have been nice to have had the talisman drop rate in the dungeons increased this week so we could have taken advantage of them. Cant ask for too much.

slauki
07-28-2019, 10:18 PM
not sure why people complain about the events, this is the only regular new "content" we can expect, so personally i'd prefer to see more of those. okay the evolution events suck, why do i have to evolve useless 1* toons or talis, this is just dumb. or the applying true burns 20.000 times crap, this is just horrible.
but the playable grinding dungeon events are pretty cool.would be nice if we could see more playable ones imo...

Muzzleloader
07-28-2019, 10:39 PM
I just thought it was nice to be able to take a break from grinding without missing anything. You still can do trooper, infernal or cosmic dungeons if you want.

thealchemist
07-29-2019, 03:26 AM
Well today I bought enough SoT to do a run in the trooper dungeon. Went to trooper store to purchase the key, purchase failed. Tried 3 times. Figured maybe a restart of the game might fix it. After restart the key is fucking missing! So now I have a tonne of SoT that I don't want. Yeah way to go team. I'm seriously thinking about leaving this game all over again. I've put in a ticket but still its not the point. If you are going to add a feature where you need to purchase the key and you have to buy enough SoT BEFOREHAND to maximise your time in said dungeon, they should make sure their store functions as it should. I had a similar problem last week but then I realised that was due to resetting of items in the trooper store. That was bad enough. Why they have timers for items that can only be purchased a said number of times I don't know. This time around though its not due to a reset as I purchased the first 2 keys in a 2 hr period last week and this week I bought one yesterday and today the 2nd key is missing. Fucking annoyed as. For now they can stick all of their dungeons up their god damn arse. Ive over it. Just gonna stick to the cosmos worlds and get through my troopers and thats it. Rant over.

Blade
07-29-2019, 11:51 AM
Oh man, alchemist, really sorry to read that! Things like that can be extremely frustrating!! I try to be positive and say: "Blessing in disguise", as this bug prevented you from doing the dungeon "in vain". Well not completely "in vain", but without talismans! Now you can wait for the update to make the grind (more) worth it! I think you could use the SoT nicely to farm BNW X for some more keys in addition to the runes etc. or to fill your stocks with other items.

I also liked that second half of the month so far, but we all don't know what this missed event would have been.

And I am also looking forward to the last event of the month, as I wait to open heroics because of this!

Natasmai
07-29-2019, 12:40 PM
the facebook group is flooded with people bitching about the slower pace of events and whining about "the people who cant keep up with the games pacing"... The bugs in the game dont bother me nearly as much as all the people constantly bitching about shit that doesnt matter.

Amarthir
07-29-2019, 02:58 PM
For me, I have absolutely nothing to do in this game. Unless there's an event going on. So moments like now for instance, I have nothing interesting to do in this game.

Muzzleloader
07-29-2019, 03:04 PM
That's what is so great, not to be a slave to the game and enjoy other things.

Blade
07-29-2019, 03:09 PM
Arena, Gauntlet, testing all the new tallis and characters for good combos, playing dungeons (well not really an option as the drops are to be tweaked soon), I have several daily and weekly keys for times where I have more time for the game, get your talismans sorted / find "lost" ones on characters that you just used some time for Gauntlet.... just to give you some ideas....

OR (and this is the best suggestion I think)

go out and just enjoy summer time without a "guilty conscience" :)

URock
07-29-2019, 03:09 PM
That's what is so great, not to be a slave to the game and enjoy other things.

THIS!

BTW: I need so much stuff to upgrade all talismans and I like this eventfree time.

Amarthir
07-29-2019, 03:31 PM
Arena, Gauntlet, testing all the new tallis and characters for good combos, playing dungeons (well not really an option as the drops are to be tweaked soon), I have several daily and weekly keys for times where I have more time for the game, get your talismans sorted / find "lost" ones on characters that you just used some time for Gauntlet.... just to give you some ideas....

OR (and this is the best suggestion I think)

go out and just enjoy summer time without a "guilty conscience" :)

I actually have been spending the free arena time to make a pretty cool mostly non meta team to counter the Gambler teams. Pretty proud of it and I can't wait to take them out for a spin in the next arena event. But for now I'm all the way down in The Damned.

And about enjoying the summer, I happen to have recently moved into my first apartment and I'm currently at the library reading Halo The Thursday War while I wait for the last 3 Skull Quests to open

Natasmai
07-29-2019, 04:57 PM
I mean to be fair, I have nothing to do either, aside from playing gauntlet and I am in SSS slowly working my way through. But that is the point. You shouldnt need something new to do (or something new you feel you HAVE to do in order to keep up) every single day. I wouldnt mind a few days a week where all i do is skull quests, daily achievements, daily dungeon, run my troopers, close the game. Its nice to have that option every few days. Also like others have said, just play around with different talis and characters to test them out. I've barely ever done that, always chasing some carrot, never any time to enjoy the taste of it.

Segoy
07-30-2019, 05:11 AM
I am absolutely happy with the slow-downed pace. It was too much to do anything else (either in game or in life). Now I am again earning the nearly spent talisman evo runes (in Game of Death) and trying to get all the skulls in the Night City to unlock that 9th skull quest. Also, I need to resupply Ironite I lost due to those two banner packs.

So, NF, please play it slow now - as it is.