PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet Season Four- Win Battles in the Gauntlet to earn Wrathchild Fragments!

Leviathan
07-22-2019, 12:06 AM

Earn Wrathchild Soul Fragments and other Rare Rewards in the Gauntlet.

Our fourth Gauntlet season starts now and will run until September 29th at 5pm PT. Battle through 11 Grades of Gauntlet, each presenting unique challenges and rewards to earn a place on our Ranked Leaderboard. The Ranked Rewards for Season 4 will feature Wrathchild, in addition to other rewards.

You will have 10 weeks (until the end of Season 4) to earn enough Wrathchild Fragments from the Gauntlet to summon him, after that he will be much more difficult to obtain, as he won’t be featured in any other soul.

Wrathchild is a 5 star Gunner hero-class ally with extremely potent skills. This demon on wheels unleashes vicious random damage strikes, and ensures all members of his gang hit with Perfect Attacks every time. He can also remove Immunity, inflict Perfect Crave and Perfect Silence on enemies, as well as remove negative effects (including Silver effects) from any ally suffering from Perfect or Passive Disable!

Players who make it to Grade A and above will also be awarded Final Frontier Eddie Fragments!

Final Frontier Eddie Fragments can be collected over several Gauntlet seasons. Once you have 1,000 Fragments, you will earn a Guaranteed Final Frontier Eddie.

Final Frontier Eddie is a 5★ Sentinel that is only available by collecting Fragments in the Gauntlet. Check out more on Final Frontier Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10875-Final-Frontier-Eddie-(Sentinel-Type)).

edsel
07-22-2019, 12:37 AM
Hope this biker is worthwhile like Charlotte, last 2 hero class Gauntlet characters are ��

Muzzleloader
07-22-2019, 12:58 AM
The talisman set is nice touch. Dont know why we had space tal8sman 2 seasons in a row.does anyone use the space, havent had time to try they out.

HuckFinn150
07-22-2019, 01:02 AM
I'm still wondering what to do with the hunter talismans ( there ones with the deer). They seem totally useless. I got the wrong rewards and was looking to get this set to make one decent set.

Yup
07-22-2019, 01:05 AM
HuckFinn... Brave.. work well on Characters that increase damage based on Defense.. like Pharaoh Ed.

I wish they'd sort some talismans out.. I've been sitting on 5 Valor talismans for month.... and there's no way to get the 6th. And they REMOVEd the talsimas for FFE frags the same time people get more FFE frags...I don't get it. I was planning on picking up 3 more Frontiers to complete a set.. but nope... now I can't.

Yup
07-22-2019, 01:09 AM
The talisman set is nice touch. Dont know why we had space tal8sman 2 seasons in a row.does anyone use the space, havent had time to try they out.

2 rounds in a row means I now have 34 Space talismans.. I have 2 sets on characters, but can't seem to pick up 3 Star Yellow Evo Runes to evolve them.. not to mention 3 star colorless runes.... Can't test them effectively unless they are all 5 stars.

The 10 I picked up today I'll probably sell because they seem to make it hard to complete sets unless you spend spend spend.

Muzzleloader
07-22-2019, 01:14 AM
When the hunter talisman first came out they were somewhat useful. That was way before everything became OP. The ignite damage really helped.

HuckFinn150
07-22-2019, 02:01 AM
HuckFinn... Brave.. work well on Characters that increase damage based on Defense.. like Pharaoh Ed.

I wish they'd sort some talismans out.. I've been sitting on 5 Valor talismans for month.... and there's no way to get the 6th. And they REMOVEd the talsimas for FFE frags the same time people get more FFE frags...I don't get it. I was planning on picking up 3 more Frontiers to complete a set.. but nope... now I can't.

I don't know that. I thought he was physical damage only. That gives me some ideas now. You'll have to forgive me as I get names of these confused at times (that's why I put a description in) lol.

SinGularity-8786
07-22-2019, 02:38 AM
The frontier talismans for ffe fragments gone ? Yesterday they were in shop and now just after receiving the rewards they are gone…

Bakura
07-22-2019, 06:58 AM
Yep.... this kind of lack of common sense that this company does, is just so repelling. I was thinking of getting 2 more talis for another set. They should keep them in the store for a couple of more days, after we get the rewards. Why even keep them in the store this long if they weren't going to let us trade in the new frags. It's not like someone got frags last gaunlet period and was waiting until the last day to trade them. It just mislead alot of us expecting to trade this week's rewards.
When this kind of stuff happens, it's not because they are stupid..... It's because they don't care.
Any way, Wrathchilds description looks great. But we will see if he's another Mariner/Necropolis.
Some of those AAA battles were rough.
The Alex/W. Heiro/M.Lillith /Madame was sneaky.
I had to use the Gunner pumpkin w/ Frontier/cosmic talis. Iron Maiden Ed was the cure. Also, I actually used the Zone Eater talis w/ the Banshee. :D5855

Rory
07-22-2019, 11:50 AM
How many fragments do you need to get this character? 250 ? 500 ?

Highace
07-22-2019, 01:06 PM
How many fragments do you need to get this character? 250 ? 500 ?

You need 500 for him

Volrath
07-22-2019, 01:11 PM
Welp, Season 4 off to a bad start. My first battle in AA is an insane line-up of Gambler Eddie, Killer Prime, Prisoner and Madam. What, was Ferryman too busy?

I ALMOST won when I threw in my own Prisoner and some other heavy hitters but then the AI decided it was sick of the Labyrinth talismans on my Raven Witch and opted to just ignore them. I wish I could do that. I see what's going on here. Trying to make me panic and drop $30 on that new Gauntlet pack but it's not gonna work you savages.

Blade
07-22-2019, 01:25 PM
I am always late with Gauntlet, so I did a lot of fights yesterday to reach the minimum goal I set for my self. I lost a couple of these fights yesterday because of that cheating AI with its 90% coin toll win, the greedy AI accuracy buff and the cheating talisman combos the enemies have.
Gauntlet used to be great fun and the final resort of the strategic approach this game used to have. Used to!
If there is nothing special as reward I will keep the minimum approach and aim for top 500. I'm not so much into getting screwed.

scott-5496
07-22-2019, 03:47 PM
It does seem generally a littlle tougher this season - I am only starting on it - no defeats but my usual casual attitude to the rounds past A or AA may need to be revised. I even came close to an auto loss in B - I just checked stuff as into my team as usual and nearly paid the price!

Olevipoeg
07-22-2019, 03:53 PM
I reached to AAA. You got to be kidding! Even without Talismans the lineup is murderous. I took easiest team first and found Minazuki with Vipers .... strange humor indeed.

Rory
07-22-2019, 05:24 PM
You need 500 for him

so, getting past AAA 5 times for the 5 rounds this season has ? Hmm.

gogosox40
07-22-2019, 05:46 PM
so, getting past AAA 5 times for the 5 rounds this season has ? Hmm.

I believe you only have to reach AAA and be in the top 2,500 to get the 100 Frags.

Saigrim
07-22-2019, 06:50 PM
I got stopped in AAA before I even started. Four of the six teams had varied combos of Gambler Ed, Assassin Hierophant, Killer Prime, Prisoner, Magus Lilith, and the like. Was totally ridiculous given that one is expected to counter all that with Gunners only. Add the fact they get to use whatever talismans they feel like using, and that's that...

Oh well. Just means I'm done for the next two weeks. Guess my 1700 SoW will be a little dusty by then. I may spend 20 a day on PvP, but not very often.

I thought about getting the starter pack, as I usually do to cut down the timeframe needed to get the new toon, but the packs are getting less and less ironite and being filled with fluff that really isn't worth the battery power to generate it onscreen. That, or maybe this song and dance is about played out.

Olevipoeg
07-22-2019, 07:18 PM
I got stopped in AAA before I even started. Four of the six teams had varied combos of Gambler Ed, Assassin Hierophant, Killer Prime, Prisoner, Magus Lilith, and the like. Was totally ridiculous given that one is expected to counter all that with Gunners only. Add the fact they get to use whatever talismans they feel like using, and that's that...

Oh well. Just means I'm done for the next two weeks. Guess my 1700 SoW will be a little dusty by then. I may spend 20 a day on PvP, but not very often.

I thought about getting the starter pack, as I usually do to cut down the timeframe needed to get the new toon, but the packs are getting less and less ironite and being filled with fluff that really isn't worth the battery power to generate it onscreen. That, or maybe this song and dance is about played out.
If you have feeling some enemy in that round has viper ... it is absolutely correct guess. They all have. :) + Minazuki. Damn, cosmic with viper passive would be really something. I have saved some gunner dupes thinking maybe on one day I will need it. Well, today is the day.

Yup
07-22-2019, 07:43 PM
FML.. Stopped at AAA with the Hallowed Ed and 2 Hierophants.. Even bought Angel/Gambler frags to try and get another Angel Ed.. no luck.. pulled Gambler again.

I had no issue with any other teams.. but that Hallowed Ed battle.. I never got to go first in 5-6 tries... and that entire team starts with Crit strike.

Bakura
07-22-2019, 08:42 PM
Fortunately I had 2 Bomber Ed's. I couldn't have gotten through AAA to S, without him. He shot right through the 3 phys./mag./true shields the Crusader Ed gives his team. My Hallowed Ed w/ vipers didn't do squat. The counterstrike from the vipers only kicked in once. But when the AI has it, it's 100%.

Oh, and the Trooper talis were the only thing stopping the burns from Icarus.

URock
07-22-2019, 10:23 PM
So... same animation as Charlotte. Never thought about WRATHCHILD as a biker-kid. Do we really need a male Charlotte-Biker?

HuckFinn150
07-22-2019, 11:19 PM
So... same animation as Charlotte. Never thought about WRATHCHILD as a biker-kid. Do we really need a male Charlotte-Biker?

It seems most new toons are a copies or variations of current ones. After night City it seems the developers are lacking new ideas. I'm surprised they have not done a Pachendale Eddie since the D-DAY Holiday just passed. I'm also surprised they didn't do more with the Dune theme. All they did was a Sandworm.

Rain88
07-23-2019, 10:19 AM
It seems like the gunner roster is incredibly weak compared to other classes. Never noticed that before.

Muzzleloader
07-23-2019, 11:42 AM
They have many themes still to choose from. Russian sailors, quest for fire toons, women in uniform ( cant wait for the nurses), streetwalker charolette toons, Alexander's world, Genghis Khan, airshipmen. There are so many themes still to choose from, Isle of Avelon has a whole new world.

Natasmai
07-23-2019, 12:11 PM
Fortunately I had 2 Bomber Ed's. I couldn't have gotten through AAA to S, without him. He shot right through the 3 phys./mag./true shields the Crusader Ed gives his team. My Hallowed Ed w/ vipers didn't do squat. The counterstrike from the vipers only kicked in once. But when the AI has it, it's 100%.

Oh, and the Trooper talis were the only thing stopping the burns from Icarus.

Keep in mind there are quite a few gunner toons with that same move. a few eddies plus a handful of regular toons i think, atleast the desert guy has the same effect for sure.

Bakura
07-23-2019, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I used the desert sniper on the following battle. I used the sharded toons first. Those Bomber Eds came fully sharded. The sniper and a few others, I don't have them sharded, but thanks to T2/T3 cosmics, they were powerful enough.

GrimDusk
07-23-2019, 07:58 PM
This is one of the worst gauntlet lineups I’ve seen in a while; AAA is full of shit you’d expect at SS or higher, and it feels impossible. Just because new toons are out, doesn’t mean they should be appearing earlier.

URock
07-23-2019, 08:09 PM
This is one of the worst gauntlet lineups I’ve seen in a while; AAA is full of shit you’d expect at SS or higher, and it feels impossible. Just because new toons are out, doesn’t mean they should be appearing earlier.

Do you mean you are at AAA or you want to reach AAA?
I reached AAA without any problems and this is enough to get Wrathchild.

Muzzleloader
07-23-2019, 08:15 PM
Once something is available it is in the gauntlet. I had a team awhile back 15 minutes after an Eddie was unveiled it was in gauntlet. I changed levels at it was the first in the rotation. The same for talisman, those cosmics can come out of the blue on your opponents. Be careful for what you wish for, probably before you pull it, it will be in the gauntlet.

HuckFinn150
07-25-2019, 11:26 PM
Each Gauntlet I can get to AAA without any loses, but this session has stopped me at AA first battle. Beast Eddie, Sentinel Bot, Prisoner and W Shinobi. The AI already gets the toss and I never get a chance to see the talismans before it kills my entire team. I've used Angel Eddie and Hallowed Eddie both maxed with prisoner, Baroness and others and lost both times. I've never really had an issue with this combo before, but this time they stopped me. Oh well, I'll have plenty of sands for the next session....

Bakura
07-26-2019, 01:41 AM
Yeah, it "feels" like they cranked up the AI difficulty for sure. Once I got over the AAA hump, it was still not too easy but not a nightmare. I had battles on S where I lost 1 or 2 toons. Then SS , first couple of battles were like wtf? Then it eased up. Landed on SSS but gonna play later. After awhile you forget what toons you just used or where a particular tali is.
They really want us to work for the Wrathchild frags. Maybe to motivate us to buy them in the Gauntlet pak.

Here's what Kaz said in the Q&A session about gauntlet difficulty- "The difficulty of the Gauntlet is based on your account strength. This basically allows newer players to at least start to play and enjoy Gauntlet up to around Grade A. At Grade A, difficulty becomes tiered and is the same for everyone (it scales from a given account power level up to the max account power level at SSS, with some variation created by the selection of opponents and filtering of characters and talismans from the list to, as best as possible, avoid repeats)."

HuckFinn150
07-26-2019, 02:16 AM
Sad thing is I've been able to average SS without much difficulty until today. I tried another battle and the team is The Warrior I got the toss and saw the talismans Trooper, Venom and the rest were normal. I've dated teams with these talismans before but not at this level.

bort
07-26-2019, 03:01 AM
The best i've done is finish SSS twice and get halfway through the third.

The thing that stops me from doing that regularly is the poor talisman management. Its just so much of a hassle to constantly be flipping talismen between characters to do a gauntlet battle, rinse and repeat.

Bakura
07-26-2019, 03:25 AM
Totally agree. I went through a level today, 10 battles.... I heard my self subconsciously moan because of the tedious talisman changing. Especially when looking for something particular and you could have sworn you just saw it on another toon.... but which one out of over 200.
I usually put it off for this reason until the last minute. Then only to get the necessary rewards. Started first thing this week, actually got into the upper ranks... if I can keep it, maybe I can get Wrathchild in just 2 gauntlet seasons.
Probably have to buy the 100 frag pak to do it. So, now I have to come up up with $.

Olevipoeg
07-26-2019, 05:16 AM
I had to practice for first SSS fight for 2 hours! Every fight from starting AAA is bloody nightmare. My SS round beginning:

Yup
07-26-2019, 06:32 AM
I find it interesting that we all don't fight the same teams with the same difficulty.

Just seems so "weighted" to an unfair advantage the longer you play this "game".

The best i've done is finish SSS twice and get halfway through the third.

I think that's the best ANYONE can do.. 97 fights now (I believe with the addition of Magma Ed).. then you are out of Eddies. Maybe it's 98 now.

Mateja
07-26-2019, 08:12 AM
I usually can manage to win 3-4 battles in AAA but this time it's just insane.

The last battle is FFE, A. Bat, A. Hellraiser and Icarus. Just when I was hoping to push to S.

Bakura
07-26-2019, 10:03 AM
Look at that pic above.... some real decent characters on the AI side.... and like LOTB said in the Q&A about the AI team having un-natural talisman sets and amounts of talis (ie: Osiris w/ Alchemy)..... that it is a bug. They do not intend that to happen.
Cuz when your trying to plan and conserve for the next battle yet to be revealed.... how can you, when the unexpected is coming. You're like "aww that's easy, rocket dog/child of the damned/Vampire hunter/ Mayan priestess".... then they have all kinds of shields and throwing viper negs on ya etc., and you went in with a B-rate team to try and save your OP toons for worst case scenario. I've learned to always have a healer/cleanser, someone to steal buffs or remove gold buffs/ a heavy hitter or two, maybe a blocker if Eddie is low HP. Every team I use has 1 or 2 toons with Heal green talisman. If possible, toons with Alchemy.
Weird thing though..... after the first 2 bouncer teams, level S was easier than AAA.

Olevipoeg
07-26-2019, 10:14 AM
Look at that pic above.... some real decent characters on the AI side.... and like LOTB said in the Q&A about the AI team having un-natural talisman sets and amounts of talis (ie: Osiris w/ Alchemy)..... that it is a bug. They do not intend that to happen.
Cuz when your trying to plan and conserve for the next battle yet to be revealed.... how can you, when the unexpected is coming. You're like "aww that's easy, rocket dog/child of the damned/Vampire hunter/ Mayan priestess".... then they have all kinds of shields and throwing viper negs on ya etc., and you went in with a B-rate team to try and save your OP toons for worst case scenario. I've learned to always have a healer/cleanser, someone to steal buffs or remove gold buffs/ a heavy hitter or two, maybe a blocker if Eddie is low HP. Every team I use has 1 or 2 toons with Heal green talisman. If possible, toons with Alchemy.
Weird thing though..... after the first 2 bouncer teams, level S was easier than AAA.
I'm pretty good in guessing what talismans what char is using already. I just take the team and try to think what set I'd choose myself to maximize the pain. :)

Blade
07-26-2019, 11:25 AM
Holy moly! That's a hard AAA tier! I am curious to see what I will face, but as said before I am always late in Gautlet.
Another thing: 4 battels on the pic, 2 times HE, 3 Ass Hierophants, 2 red CotD... what a diversity, lol!
Good luck!

Mateja
07-26-2019, 01:26 PM
You're like "aww that's easy, rocket dog/child of the damned/Vampire hunter/ Mayan priestess".... then they have all kinds of shields and throwing viper negs on ya etc., and you went in with a B-rate team to try and save your OP toons for worst case scenario.

That is the exact team and scenario I ran into maybe last gauntlet run or the one before, with Sentinel mayan priestess wearing vipers and VHE appearing to have 10 talismans.

Holy moly! That's a hard AAA tier! I am curious to see what I will face, but as said before I am always late in Gautlet.
Another thing: 4 battels on the pic, 2 times HE, 3 Ass Hierophants, 2 red CotD... what a diversity, lol!
Good luck!

Real diverse yeah, lol. Not even gonna try. Maybe a battle or two just to see what tallies they may have but that's about it. No point wasting time.

Lthepostman
07-26-2019, 05:28 PM
So I had the exact same team as first in AAA and gave it a try. Thats the talisman setup:

MACLO: Greed
Hallowed Ed: Viper
KP: Frontier
Assassin Hierophant: Fate

Tried with Angel Ed, PDK, krampus and osiris. Lost coin toss and lost the game.Fantastic 🎆

Yup
07-26-2019, 08:40 PM
I usually can manage to win 3-4 battles in AAA but this time it's just insane.

The last battle is FFE, A. Bat, A. Hellraiser and Icarus. Just when I was hoping to push to S.

Actually I didn't have a very hard time with most of the AAA the battles.. but then got stopped out at that Hallowed ed with the 2 Hierophants- all other battles are won, but not that one... they always go first and always seem to start with crit strike. I'm out of decent gunner characters and won't even bother trying any more.

Bakura
07-26-2019, 10:18 PM
I'm pretty good in guessing what talismans what char is using already. I just take the team and try to think what set I'd choose myself to maximize the pain. :)
Yes, I think we all try to do that. But what I was pointing out is that it's impossible to do that sometimes, when there is a bug that puts talisman on toons that the toon actually
cannot be equiped with. Also, like Mateja said, a toon w/ 10 talis. There's no way to prepare for that. Granted, we can only try to do our best, and the bug effect can be rare, but still, when it happens, it sux. At least we know from LOTB's own mouth, that it is a bug and not planned.
One nice thing is when they have the Gauntlet lightbringer relics. 750,000 gold per relic. If you have the gold, it's worth it. They make S-SSS a breeze. It's a noticeable difference having 50% increase in Hp/attak/magic.

Rain88
07-27-2019, 09:54 PM
Yeah gaunlet is defintely getting harder. 2nd time in a row getting stuck at first SSS that basically have almost (3/4) the same team : Gambler Eddie, Charlotte (Viper) and the OP of the month Malakhov.

slauki
07-27-2019, 10:22 PM
i'm at ss now and i think this one was unusual hard. aaa and s were usually pretty easy, but not this time. if you check the leaderboard you will see that almost everyone had a few losses which is also unusual at the top tiers.

this indicates it is indeed harder this time. probably because of the new character...they might think thet we will spend more than usual to clear the battles to get warthchild sooner...but who knows

ian16
07-28-2019, 12:09 AM
For sure this is the most difficulty gauntlet rotation i ever played ! I usually complete at least 1 SSS turn but this time i stuck in the first SSS battle w/ a hell of team angel ed/charlotte/malakov/magus crimean soldier ... i noticed almost all in the top 100 have some losses included me haha a few weeks ago i managed my record 80+ streak wins and some guys above 90+ with no losses too , i think that because the new char they increase the difficulty a little bit . Cheers

Olevipoeg
07-28-2019, 07:49 AM
For sure this is the most difficulty gauntlet rotation i ever played ! I usually complete at least 1 SSS turn but this time i stuck in the first SSS battle w/ a hell of team angel ed/charlotte/malakov/magus crimean soldier ... i noticed almost all in the top 100 have some losses included me haha a few weeks ago i managed my record 80+ streak wins and some guys above 90+ with no losses too , i think that because the new char they increase the difficulty a little bit . Cheers
I'm pretty sure, this is the hardest Gauntlet ever. I wanted to fight for #1 place, but got an unexpected loss. So place in top ten would be enough. I just got tired of fighting Gambler Charlotte KP Malakhov and Madame teams. We have heat wave here, so I will go to beach instead.

Esquatcho
07-28-2019, 02:30 PM
Yep its tough alright. Stuck in AAA for good I reckon. First got stuck on a malokov paired with somone insane, then got done several times by a pharaoh/kb/gunner banshee/witch team. Just couldnt keep my alchemy talisman char alive long enough. Best ended up with hallowed with vipers battling against kb and pharaoh, but then they both got physical shield and bleeds from vipers dont kill :(

SinGularity-8786
07-29-2019, 10:42 AM
Immortal Ferryman in Gauntlets S. For over 45 minutes now this Ferryman doesn't take damage anymore. It should loose 5% every turn by freeze or it's own passive. And it's shown he looses 10 hp but it doesn't…

SinGularity-8786
07-29-2019, 10:59 AM
15 minutes and uncounted turns later… still the same.
The actual Gauntlet is hard enough. No Need to loose this way…

Bakura
07-29-2019, 11:35 AM
15 minutes and uncounted turns later… still the same.

The actual Gauntlet is hard enough. No Need to loose this way…
That sux!
Yeah, the freakin' bugs.... arena too.
So many to count. I think one day I'll spend hours sending e-mails w/ descriptions and screenshots.
I used to, but stopped about 6 months ago. Seemed like nothing got fixed.
They know of some of the major ones like toons using wrong talis in gauntlet, but didn't say if it would get fixed. They are probably working on giving Vampire Hunter a new colored cape and a passive to replace his fury, so they can market him as "The New Eddie" in the next event.

Natasmai
07-29-2019, 04:50 PM
To be fair, I would never enter a gauntlet battle with Ferryman on the enemy team without a toon that says "apply passive disable" (or perfect disable) or a set of vipers. Yes according to Ferryman's description, he should eventually die, but he does a lot of damage and I wouldn't want to wait out 10 turns (or how ever many it takes) hoping he killed himself. Also he could be running Hex talisman, then he wouldn't die anyway.

Sure it is a bug, sure it should be fixed, but this was an avoidable loss for sure.

It's the same as Magus Lilith. I won't ever enter a battle against her without a heal block/crave for fortune talis, a permadeath/perfect death for soul protect, and a block beneficial/perfect corruption for Destiny talis. That character is one of the most dangerous in the game because it takes so much effort to build a team that is prepared for all of those possibilities, and then still hope to address the 3 other team members.

bort
07-29-2019, 07:10 PM
The problem with ferrymans passive is that the health he loses per turn is reduced per turn by the same passive.

Once he hits low enough max health, the amount he loses per turn approaches zero.

It really should be that he loses 5% of his original max health.

Bakura
07-29-2019, 07:17 PM
Ferryman's Passive

Esquatcho
07-29-2019, 09:22 PM
Yeah Ferryman only loses a % of existing, so he never loses enough to actually die. Same goes for bleed effects.

Burns are also another way to kill ferryman though

HuckFinn150
07-29-2019, 10:38 PM
I couldn't get past The Warrior in the first battle of AAA. I attempted 10 battles to no avail. It's a first for me. I can usually at least get too SS before I start losing.

Esquatcho
07-30-2019, 08:29 AM
I think this might also be a bit of a symptom that we are needing more top flight gunner allies. We have some great Eddies, but in terms of allies, its been a bit lacking compared to other groups.

Rory
07-30-2019, 09:01 PM
bleh, not going to reach AAA I guess. stuck half way, with not enough gunner or assassin characters to continue.

Feels kind of sucky, cos there's another 8 full weeks till the end of the wrathchild event, and already it looks like I'm not going to do well enough to get the character.

Oh well.

Bakura
08-01-2019, 08:41 AM
bleh, not going to reach AAA I guess. stuck half way, with not enough gunner or assassin characters to continue.

Feels kind of sucky, cos there's another 8 full weeks till the end of the wrathchild event, and already it looks like I'm not going to do well enough to get the character.

Oh well.
Have hope, there's still time. They have been known to make gauntlet character frags available in skull quests and satellite 15 rewards.... also in event challenges too.
Come on LOTB, surprise us!

Blade
08-01-2019, 09:05 AM
Because of lack of time I only did 2 fights so far in this Gauntlet season. Oh this will be a busy sunday!

@Rory: this can happen. Although I have almost all important characters and maxed relics, I could not pass AAA once because of just crazy opponents and due to the class restrictions we players have. But this does not happen every Gauntlet, so you might compensate in the next one(s), as we have 5 Gauntlets per Season!

Olevipoeg
08-01-2019, 01:13 PM
In the very end. When you have nothing left. You will meet old friends...

thealchemist
08-02-2019, 01:01 PM
I lost a battle in AAA going up against a team with Gambler, Malakhov and someone else. If I didn't get G. Krampus from the recent anniversary event I dont think I would have made it past AAA for the first time. I have ended up stuck on my first battle at SSS. A team with Gambler (warlord/angel) killer prime (warlord sustaining) malakhov (singularity - a 6 set magus talisman how nice!) and charlotte with vipers and a freezing cosmic. I had saved all the best 5* characters getting through SS so thought I was in a good position but had my arse handed to me every time. It didn't matter who I brought, charlotte, killer prime, musashi, ferryman, gambler, hallowed, alexander etc and what talismans, just nothing would proc enough on my end with any regularity to give me a chance. And everything would proc for the defense of course. I was lucky to kill k/p and malakhov at best. This to me was the game finally jumping the shark. In the end I was laughing because of just how ridiculous its become.

Natasmai
08-02-2019, 01:41 PM
I lost a battle in AAA going up against a team with Gambler, Malakhov and someone else. If I didn't get G. Krampus from the recent anniversary event I dont think I would have made it past AAA for the first time. I have ended up stuck on my first battle at SSS. A team with Gambler (warlord/angel) killer prime (warlord sustaining) malakhov (singularity - a 6 set magus talisman how nice!) and charlotte with vipers and a freezing cosmic. I had saved all the best 5* characters getting through SS so thought I was in a good position but had my arse handed to me every time. It didn't matter who I brought, charlotte, killer prime, musashi, ferryman, gambler, hallowed, alexander etc and what talismans, just nothing would proc enough on my end with any regularity to give me a chance. And everything would proc for the defense of course. I was lucky to kill k/p and malakhov at best. This to me was the game finally jumping the shark. In the end I was laughing because of just how ridiculous its become.

Malakhov does have 3 blue slots, so singularity is legal, in fact I believe that was who the talisman set was made for.

But I have that same team and I went in with my best setup and got crushed. Im not even going to try to clear that battle. I'll take what i got and move on. I used Gambler KP Prisoner (forget the 4th on my team) and the singularities crushed me.

Blade
08-02-2019, 02:01 PM
...and besides the bugs that team (with some slight variations) is the main reason why I don't play as much arena as usually.

edsel
08-02-2019, 03:16 PM
This run was hardest yet, all the usual names at the top have more losses than previous.1st team SSS is killer-nearly impossible to beat set up plus the non-existent AI boost kicking in their Vipers and mine doing nothing. Same team again 2nd round SSS battle #2 I'm out now before dropping rank trying to beat this nightmare again 5915

Olevipoeg
08-02-2019, 04:01 PM
This run was hardest yet, all the usual names at the top have more losses than previous.1st team SSS is killer-nearly impossible to beat set up plus the non-existent AI boost kicking in their Vipers and mine doing nothing. Same team again 2nd round SSS battle #2 I'm out now before dropping rank trying to beat this nightmare again 5915
4 most overpowered chars currently in game. You cannot use Ferryman, because of Charlotte. You can't use multihitters because of Malakhov. And if you put the same team against it, your team is like bloody silver christmas tree and other team have only gold and blues. And with Singularity Malkhov can steal any buffs including Shroud.

Rain88
08-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Yeah gave up on that after getting that almost same team for the 4th time . So much for those "variations", devs have mentioned.

Blade
08-05-2019, 09:59 AM
So I tried my best on sunday, starting from having done only 2 matches so far.
I went to AAA with no loss. Every ~second team had at least 1 talisman set that does not fit the color slots of the respective char (@ devs: You really cannot reproduce this in house? Can't believe!).
In AAA (gunner only) I identified the hardest team (Gambler, KP, Sekhmet, Ass Banshee), tried with the 2 best counters I have, lost both, stopped playing.
I really don't care to get to top 100 (well actually you need to be top 10 to get 2 Tali sets) or something, AAA is my main goal. But not being able to pass AAA is pretty surprising and frustrating.

Gauntlet is not fun anymore with these conditions!

SinGularity-8786
08-05-2019, 10:10 AM
And now it's Gunner again in AAA...

Please give some gunners then. Gunner FoI, Prisoner, Osiris, PDK, Derby Demon, Hierophant, Minotaur missing so it's getting harder and harder every week.

Blade
08-05-2019, 10:19 AM
And now it's Gunner again in AAA...

That's bad news!!
Probably another rotation where I don't decide to stop at AAA but I just have to. But as the enemy teams are random, maybe I only get cultists, sandworms and meatheads this time, lol :D

SinGularity-8786
08-05-2019, 10:27 AM
Hope to get Derby Demon tomorrow at heroic rotation for at least some more options.

scott-5496
08-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Got to S last time and stopped there as could not be bothered. AAA was OK for me but close in one battle. I was on holiday so had to focus on other events and troopers so been a quiet week on the game. Hopefully I can plug away at the new one - happy to get get to AAA or S and and never bother too much with anythign after those unless I need to (and can!).

Sidney
08-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Yeah... Me too... I can usually get to SS and end up stopping there, but AAA was the limit for me as well on the last Gauntlet. I will admit that I'm light on Gunner Relics since I don't use gunner as much as others, but damn... I couldn't hang...

I wish IC were purchasable for ironite or even better... Trooper Badges!! :-) Hell... make them purchasable for gold as well. I'd really like to get all my relics maxed out...

Olevipoeg
08-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Strange. I met one team in round B round usually placed in SSS. Skills, levels and talismans like in SSS. Doesn't matter anyway. :)

Round A looks like challenge already.

SinGularity-8786
08-05-2019, 12:06 PM
You have exactly the same teams i got there too^^

Yup
08-05-2019, 03:56 PM
I think the teams are the same.. but their talismans and strength gets "messed with" based on the player.

This week, I had no problem with AAA and gunners.. last week.. I couldn't get past AAA.

Be aware S starts with the Gambler/KP/Charlotte/Witch.. and so does SSS.

Blade
08-05-2019, 04:42 PM
I think the teams are the same.. but their talismans and strength gets "messed with" based on the player.

This week, I had no problem with AAA and gunners.. last week.. I couldn't get past AAA.

Haven't we found out that the teams are different for every player by comparing them? I think so! As this has always been a common criticism, as a challenge needs the same challenges to allow for a comparison... But yes, I get it - they want that a second account does not provide a benefit, which is reasonable I think. Point is, challenges should be at least comparable (as far as this is possible).

Natasmai
08-05-2019, 05:04 PM
My very first team in F59265927

Muzzleloader
08-05-2019, 05:15 PM
This was an interesting talis combo, in SS yesterday I came across a golden Pharoah dog with primordial and invisibility. That is a hard combo to anticipate.

Volrath
08-05-2019, 05:39 PM
So far, I've had a Lady Azov with Vipers and Purple Hierophant with Singularity. Really catches you off guard.

Muzzleloader
08-05-2019, 05:45 PM
I can see the primordial set that shouldn't be, but how did he get spaces for invisibility. Unless they have a cosmic augmented with primordial. It wasnt particularly a problem, it just shows anything can go.

edsel
08-05-2019, 07:41 PM

If you rank low one run, the next set of teams are weak. I didn't play for one gauntlet run and because I didn't get a hi rank the next run was way easier than normal. After getting through SSS a couple times that run, the following teams for the next gauntlet run were amped up again. They made this season tougher than ever.

Yup
08-05-2019, 10:32 PM
If you rank low one run, the next set of teams are weak. I didn't play for one gauntlet run and because I didn't get a hi rank the next run was way easier than normal. After getting through SSS a couple times that run, the following teams for the next gauntlet run were amped up again. They made this season tougher than ever.

I'd disagree there. I finished lower than I ever have last round.. this round wasn't by any means "easier" it simply was not so overpowered for 1 fight in AAA. OR perhaps I was more conscience that for Gunner-only.. I need to pay closer attention to AAA.

I've had "season" that I ran all the way to 96 fights.. all Eddies used... and then "season" like last week were AAA stops me dead. I don't notice any correlation to strength based on how I previously finished.

Esquatcho
08-06-2019, 12:54 AM
I'd disagree there. I finished lower than I ever have last round.. this round wasn't by any means "easier" it simply was not so overpowered for 1 fight in AAA. OR perhaps I was more conscience that for Gunner-only.. I need to pay closer attention to AAA.

I've had "season" that I ran all the way to 96 fights.. all Eddies used... and then "season" like last week were AAA stops me dead. I don't notice any correlation to strength based on how I previously finished.

I think that variability after A is much less, but I do think it does affect things. Though it might also be an average of your past x runs.

I do think these gunner AAAs are definitely much harder than others recently! Though I dont have angel, DD or hierophant, so that might have something to do with it. Irrespective, imo, on the whole, gunner appears to be the class with the least depth and nice combos.

SinGularity-8786
08-06-2019, 06:32 AM
Lost cointoss and got totally destroyed by Ass. Hierophant with eternal echo...
Rematch I won cointoss and AI got oneshoted...

Natasmai
08-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Ass Pope has been in A LOT of teams this round.

Olevipoeg
08-07-2019, 08:25 PM
In AAA round I met team Gambler, KP, Sekmeth and Assassin Banshee. Sekmeth wears Alchemy!

HuckFinn150
08-08-2019, 12:01 AM

I just got up AAA and this is what mine looks like.

GrimDusk
08-08-2019, 12:26 AM

I just got up AAA and this is what mine looks like.

Battle 3 is looking to be the worst.

Yup
08-08-2019, 12:35 AM
Actually.. as long as you account for Ferryman, battle 3 wasn't that difficult.

HuckFinn150
08-08-2019, 12:56 AM
I'll save my Prisoner for that battle. I'm just not sure I'll go too far as I get all 4 talisman and fragments as well. From this point it just depends on how bored I am with the rest of the game.

SinGularity-8786
08-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Is there only one teambuild left for AI...?^^
To those of you meeting the same builds. For me it was Pope/1.Space/2.Radiant/Grail both rounds the same talis on Alex/Orbit, Charly/Trooper, Malakhov/Singularity.

Olevipoeg
08-08-2019, 11:18 AM
My AAA, It seems I can't past it this time. Well it's partially my own fault - too high place last time. :) Sekmeth with Alchemy is still very nasty surprise. Now i have to lick my wounds and level up some dupes to try again that last team. Gambler has Tomb and Warlord, KP has Guard and Mark, Sekmeth has Alchemy(!!!) and Assassin Banshee has Banner. I don't have Banner set myself so no test fights.

Bakura
08-08-2019, 02:53 PM
My AAA, It seems I can't past it this time. Well it's partially my own fault - too high place last time. :) Sekmeth with Alchemy is still very nasty surprise. Now i have to lick my wounds and level up some dupes to try again that last team. Gambler has Tomb and Warlord, KP has Guard and Mark, Sekmeth has Alchemy(!!!) and Assassin Banshee has Banner. I don't have Banner set myself so no test fights.
Hey, didn't you finish first last gauntlet period? Which means you got Wrathchild. So what's he like?

*Congratulations on winning 1st place.

Ezz
08-08-2019, 03:48 PM
I really enjoy guantlet but I feel the ranked reward progression is lacking. For instance S to SS and SS to SSS can be pretty challenging yet all u get is a handful more frags.

I’d really like to see some diversity in the reward offerings - something unique at the higher levels to really push me to think about the team/talis I use and make me care if I win or lose. The way it is now I just shrug if I get stuck at S because I won’t get 10 more frags or whatever. I want to feel the agony of missing out on something good when I fail!

Olevipoeg
08-08-2019, 04:48 PM
Hey, didn't you finish first last gauntlet period? Which means you got Wrathchild. So what's he like?

*Congratulations on winning 1st place.

Thanks! Wrathchild is quite good. Not as good as Charlotte, but better than Necropolis or Ancient Mariner. Basic move does descent damage, but remove immunity chance is too low. Last fight i hade in Gauntlet AAA i lost coin toss. Then all enemies had immunity and invincibility and Wrathchildn basic move didn't remove a single immunity. And Gambler killed all. Power move is good, but against KP and Gambler you have to be very lucky if you can use it. Perfect hit for all allies is quite useful.

Volrath
08-08-2019, 05:19 PM
EVERY one of my AAA fights had someone with Vipers, it's ridiculous. I'm getting really sick of having to deal with that. Doesn't look like I'll clear it this time but I gave it my best shot.

Bakura
08-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Thanks! Wrathchild is quite good. Not as good as Charlotte, but better than Necropolis or Ancient Mariner. Basic move does descent damage, but remove immunity chance is too low. Last fight i hade in Gauntlet AAA i lost coin toss. Then all enemies had immunity and invincibility and Wrathchildn basic move didn't remove a single immunity. And Gambler killed all. Power move is good, but against KP and Gambler you have to be very lucky if you can use it. Perfect hit for all allies is quite useful.
Thanks Olevipoeg. Good information.
Enjoy the 2 weeks of being the only trooper in the game to have this new, sought after character. ;)

Olevipoeg
08-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Thanks Olevipoeg. Good information.
Enjoy the 2 weeks of being the only trooper in the game to have this new, sought after character. ;)

Yeah! I'm considering painting my Intruder yellow. :D

wipp
08-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Dam congrats, u have a trooper slot open? I want to try him

chrismt
08-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Actually.. as long as you account for Ferryman, battle 3 wasn't that difficult.

Any advice on who you used ? Lost twice already. Might be my first time in months not getting past AAA

Both ferryman and alchemist have labyrinth + cosmic.
Magus DD has orbit
Angel has persecution and dominance I think

I last tried Doomsday with quantum (but didn’t work) with prisoner (primordials), gunner krampus (alchemy+cosmic) and angle of mercy (destiny and advantage). Prisoner didn’t even apply his passive and was crushed within 2 rounds (so was the rest of my team).
Still have another prisoner.
Thx

Olevipoeg
08-08-2019, 08:37 PM
Dam congrats, u have a trooper slot open? I want to try him
Sorry, currently all slots are filled by active troopers.

Esquatcho
08-09-2019, 07:32 AM
Anyone else notice that the fortune talismans are sorcery type? What the heck? Anyone know if there is any sort of character that would benefit from them? Because I would rather be arcane or power!

Bakura
08-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Anyone else notice that the fortune talismans are sorcery type? What the heck? Anyone know if there is any sort of character that would benefit from them? Because I would rather be arcane or power!
A magus/gunner/sentinel with low HP and high magic attack. I prefer the sorcery especially w/ Alchemy..... they provide higher HP.... all power or all arcane means low HP and easier to get killed. Survivability is everything.... alot of Magus' have low HP anyway.
Just my opinion. Good luck.

Olevipoeg
08-11-2019, 11:06 AM
After 4 tries to AAA last team Gambler(warlord tomb) Kp(guard mark) Sekmeth(Alchemy) A Banshee(Banner), i'm taking a brake for a week. maybe longer. I tried everything and nothing works. That damned Gambler attack ignores Block passive and nothing survives 2nd round because affinity advantage of gambler and negative effects of KP passive.

HuckFinn150
08-11-2019, 06:56 PM
I have yet to venture into the first battle of AAA. So far I'll get the full rewards of the 2500 level and higher. So far for me, I don't see the need to go further.

MuzakMaker
08-11-2019, 07:39 PM
I have yet to venture into the first battle of AAA. So far I'll get the full rewards of the 2500 level and higher. So far for me, I don't see the need to go further.

I just took my best possible team against what I assumed would be the weakest team and only for the IC since I'm still working on relics. Otherwise, I figured it was a safe bet since I've never not gotten top 2500 when hitting AAA and this season seems to make that an even safer assumption given how weak the gunner roster is.

HuckFinn150
08-11-2019, 11:41 PM
That's why I seldom go through the frustration if getting higher. The highest I've ever gotten was SSS but could only stay in the top 400 when I ran out of playable characters. After that I just stepped back and quit try to reach the immortal brass ring.

Muzzleloader
08-13-2019, 01:59 PM
In AAA I can across a team that I thought wouldnt be to difficult, Angel, Maclo, corrupt feildmarshall, gunner minataur. Maclo had penance, alchemy and dominance. Now that is a good combo to have, Fieldmarshall had viper. I forget the rest, I was decimated and gave up in frustration. My season may end in AAA.

infinite dreamer
08-13-2019, 06:37 PM
In AAA I can across a team that I thought wouldnt be to difficult, Angel, Maclo, corrupt feildmarshall, gunner minataur. Maclo had penance, alchemy and dominance. Now that is a good combo to have, Fieldmarshall had viper. I forget the rest, I was decimated and gave up in frustration. My season may end in AAA.

I hear ya, the same thing happened to me. Usually AAA is not a problem, but this AAA I ran into a team of Angel Ed, Ferryman, Magus Derby Demon and Alchemist. After 2 battles against them with what I thought were 2 solid teams, the first team was crushed and the second hung on for a while and couldn't withstand an overwhelming comeback.

4V1ct0ry
08-14-2019, 05:16 AM
Usually AAA is not a problem, but this AAA I ran into a team of Angel Ed, Ferryman, Magus Derby Demon and Alchemist.
Thats the same team stopping me from passing AAA this time. First round I loose the toss... they instantly go for my Anubis. Next round.. my team gets fully doomed.
Next try... again loss the toss.. and they go for the toon with serenity equipped. And there another full doom in the next round. I dont know if the AI is getting smarter since it sniffed out my defense against doom, but that's it for this week.
Hope I get more lucky next time.

GrimDusk
08-14-2019, 05:45 PM
I’m sorry but either gunner characters are weaker or this gauntlet is way harder than the past few have been. Once more, stuck at AAA.

Olevipoeg
08-15-2019, 05:49 AM
I’m sorry but either gunner characters are weaker or this gauntlet is way harder than the past few have been. Once more, stuck at AAA.
It is harder. I couldn't pass AAA this time and I won last round.

Muzzleloader
08-15-2019, 06:10 AM
I think alot has to do with the luck of the draw. Last week many had a rough time in AAA and I breezed through it. This week I have one team left in AAA with impossible talisman. If the talisman bug would be fixed it may not be as hard for many players. Earlier today I had one team left in AAA and was ranked 187. Either many are holding off playing gauntlet this season or are getting their clocks cleaned by RNG. With fewer grinding events you would think there would be more time to play gauntlet.

SinGularity-8786
08-19-2019, 03:16 PM
Gunners only at AAA...really? Again? And again? And again? It's the third time in a row if I remember correctly…

Mateja
08-19-2019, 03:34 PM
AAA colour restriction doesn't change for the entire season and it's always the colour of the featured character as far as I noticed.

Muzzleloader
08-19-2019, 06:17 PM
I hope they are a little easier than the last few seasons. Last season if you made it to SSS you made the top 100. This season you need to reach S and rank 500 to earn a full set of talisman. They are making it harder to earn the rewards.

I just completed my first gauntlet battle and ranked 5600. There are at least 5600 people playing gauntlet

Ezz
08-19-2019, 06:23 PM
I hope they are a little easier than the last few seasons. Last season if you made it to SSS you made the top 100. This season you need to reach S and rank 500 to earn a full set of talisman. They are making it harder to earn the rewards.

I just completed my first gauntlet battle and ranked 5600. There are at least 5600 people playing gauntlet

First round of SSS is pure folly. Not so much the characters but the talismans. I think the team had the effects of what would need to be around 50 talisman to achieve when only 24 slots are supposed to be allowed.

I won’t spoil the fun - but I don’t think a whole lot of folks will get beyond 52 wins this time.

Muzzleloader
08-19-2019, 06:39 PM
The only way I can figure out the opponents talisman is the have cosmics with a 6 set augment. They may also be getting to have 2 cosmics with great augements, otherwise it is impossible to have that many buffs on one character. No use in complaining, they indicated it is only a bug that they are unable to correct or duplicate in the office.

It would have been better if they said it was planned to make gauntlet more difficult with impossible talisman setups.

RobG-9641
08-19-2019, 11:26 PM
I feel Gauntlet is rigged to make certain weeks harder or easier so same players don’t constantly max out on top. It’s like there’s an algorithm where getting to SSS is easy one week and another week AAA is impossible no matter what team talismans are used. Based on what rank you previously reached, algorithm kicks in, let’s you win or lose at a predetermined rank that particular Gauntlet. Players teams don’t change, but defense AI gets unrealistic advantage some weeks and not others. By weeks, I mean each 2 week reset.

Esquatcho
08-20-2019, 04:48 AM
I feel Gauntlet is rigged to make certain weeks harder or easier so same players don’t constantly max out on top. It’s like there’s an algorithm where getting to SSS is easy one week and another week AAA is impossible no matter what team talismans are used. Based on what rank you previously reached, algorithm kicks in, let’s you win or lose at a predetermined rank that particular Gauntlet. Players teams don’t change, but defense AI gets unrealistic advantage some weeks and not others. By weeks, I mean each 2 week reset.

I believe the devs confirmed this in the recent Q&A. That Gauntlet difficulty is based on your strength based on past results iirc....

Lthepostman
08-20-2019, 04:31 PM
Ok true....but I think I aslo read that starting from rank A difficulty should be the same for everyone. I Ranked in top 50 last season and this time even in AA i'm getting all strong teams with meta characters

Volrath
08-20-2019, 05:27 PM

Check out Fight 4. I did a double take when I saw that. It has to be a trick, right? Those little weenies all have vipers or something, right? Nope, Tailgunner took them out in one hit and Bass Eddie didn't last for much longer after that.

In fact, all of my AAA fights this time were notably easy. I'd even say AA was harder. I didn't think I did THAT bad last time, I made it to AAA.

At any rate, I'm glad to have made up my deficit in Wrathchild fragments and am now on track to get him.

Muzzleloader
08-20-2019, 05:42 PM
You sure cant complain about those teams. I havent seen a team that easy past level C.

Bakura
08-20-2019, 07:58 PM
I had the same AAA..... easy peasy!
That #4 seemed like the devs heard all the rants about the previous gauntlet season "All Gunner" level, so they threw in a baby battle for whiners.
Seriously, one 5* Ed and three 2* meatheads. It was like taking candy from a baby. (not that I would.... I love babies) LoL

grigorow
08-20-2019, 08:29 PM

Check out Fight 4. I did a double take when I saw that. It has to be a trick, right? Those little weenies all have vipers or something, right? Nope, Tailgunner took them out in one hit and Bass Eddie didn't last for much longer after that.

In fact, all of my AAA fights this time were notably easy. I'd even say AA was harder. I didn't think I did THAT bad last time, I made it to AAA.

At any rate, I'm glad to have made up my deficit in Wrathchild fragments and am now on track to get him.

What in the f**k is this?- I don't get it. Aren't we supposed to be playing against each other?. How are you battling against that shitt* team while I play this?:

It doesn't make sense. For second week in a row I'm done in AAA. Season 4 of the Gauntlet have been infuriating... f*ck this sh*t.

Serious question: How many cellphones have any of you broken playing this game??

HuckFinn150
08-22-2019, 11:11 PM
Mine's struggling from the screen always being on. I got to AAA and have yet to venture into the first battle. It gives me 4 talisman to mix with the others and maybe I will be able to stick them in a character. I'm going to have to start collecting dupes in order to use some of these talismans. I can't seem to pull the few toons I'm needing to use them. it

chrismt
08-23-2019, 10:21 AM
I had the same AAA..... easy peasy!
That #4 seemed like the devs heard all the rants about the previous gauntlet season "All Gunner" level, so they threw in a baby battle for whiners.
Seriously, one 5* Ed and three 2* meatheads. It was like taking candy from a baby. (not that I would.... I love babies) LoL
My first battle in AA which of course I lost. Had to use all of my best characters to get through that one.

My second battle in AA

I hope the rest will be a bit easier or I might not even get through AA..

Bakura
08-23-2019, 11:21 AM
The difficulty overall has gotten tougher. But I said it before and I'll say it again... you gotta, you gotta, you gotta on every team:
-Have a cleanser (or at least someone granting immunity)
- A healer (especially the Heal talismans)
Either by abilities or talismans.

Always expect debuffs red or silver, and
to have damage and will need to cleanse and fully heal.
I always save my points for cleansing and healing, rarely for special attacks.
When collecting toons, double up on toons who can cleanse or heal or have slots for Alchemy/ Trooper/Heal talis.
Even if it's not a great attacker, it's like having a "medic" on your squad. Also, if possible a toon who revives..... then a toon or talis (orbit) who removes enemy buffs..... lastly a heavy hitter to bring the "pain" a.k.a. a finisher.
Constantly collect toons and teams w/ this in mind.
I have probably 8 or more sets of the Heal talis as basic green that I keep on toons and 4 Alchemy sets I move around.
Survivability is everything!
I get burned out playing so many battles (been doing it since the beta gauntlet) and switching talis at the upper levels, that I don't really go for ranking (I think #37 was my tops.)
I do it for IC or frags or talis rewards. I usually put the last AA and higher off until the last day, which means you can only get so high cuz others are ahead of you. But when I have played, I haven't lost but maybe once, twice at the max on average.
I'm not boasting, just stating that I hate wasting my time and useless repetition.
There's alot of guys who already know this stuff and are better than me, but for anyone new or struggling w/ gauntlet, I hope some of this helps.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL. TROOPERS!
Up the Irons!

Muzzleloader
08-23-2019, 11:45 AM
That's good advice, but for new to mid level players having dupes can be costly. Some toons are not worth being a dupe without sharding them. I know shards aren't as hard to accummulate as in the earlier part of the game. Leveling up dupe talisman let alone all the new talisman can be quite the challenge. With all the new restricted dungeons it's hard to level dupes when you are trying to increase your normal roster. None of this is takes into account you must keep increasing your toon/talis slots.

I know it maybe difficult for newer players not to want to have all the new shiny toys, which alot of them can be purchased with real money. They dont realize the long term players had a real slow go at the beginning building a roster. Those evo resources were real scarce. The game has become one of instant gratification. It has also become one of real resource management. Do you level everything now or wait until the monthly evo challenges.

Olevipoeg
08-23-2019, 01:48 PM
That's good advice, but for new to mid level players having dupes can be costly. Some toons are not worth being a dupe without sharding them. I know shards aren't as hard to accummulate as in the earlier part of the game. Leveling up dupe talisman let alone all the new talisman can be quite the challenge. With all the new restricted dungeons it's hard to level dupes when you are trying to increase your normal roster. None of this is takes into account you must keep increasing your toon/talis slots.

I know it maybe difficult for newer players not to want to have all the new shiny toys, which alot of them can be purchased with real money. They dont realize the long term players had a real slow go at the beginning building a roster. Those evo resources were real scarce. The game has become one of instant gratification. It has also become one of real resource management. Do you level everything now or wait until the monthly evo challenges.
Only dupes I keep are with Block passive. No real need to shard them. I level every char up to level 99 and most talisman to maxlevel-1. :) Event are much easier so. I have noticed, my troopers doing the same.

Symbiote
09-16-2019, 11:01 PM
Yeah.., i didn't receive the rewards for the last gauntlet after the last reset...

Segoy
09-19-2019, 03:36 PM
Hey guys,

This Gauntlet season is coming to an end - any reflection on the Wrathchild? How good it actually is? I will be still missing some frags from the regular end-of-doubleweeks rewards, but if I buy the Gauntlet End Season pack with 100 Wrathchild frags, I might get my first Gauntlet toon. So - is it worth it?

(I am so sorry for myself I had managed to get only 50 frags (total) for Charlotte.:( She is the only Gauntlet character I really miss.)

Blade
09-19-2019, 03:44 PM
I can't comment on Wrathchild as I have not used him so far. However, skills read pretty interesting. Still Charlotte is more important I would say. In the arena store you can buy frags for the Gauntlet characters (50 per week). It might take 2 weeks or so until Wrathchild frags will appear there as well.

Bakura
09-19-2019, 03:56 PM
Hey guys,

This Gauntlet season is coming to an end - any reflection on the Wrathchild? How good it actually is? I will be still missing some frags from the regular end-of-doubleweeks rewards, but if I buy the Gauntlet End Season pack with 100 Wrathchild frags, I might get my first Gauntlet toon. So - is it worth it?

(I am so sorry for myself I had managed to get only 50 frags (total) for Charlotte.:( She is the only Gauntlet character I really miss.)
Dude, Wrathchild is pretty badass..... better than Mariner. I put a 3* T2 yellow cosmic on him with 2 red burn, and the Flash talis, he hits hard and has perfect hit every turn so w/ these talis he throws all kinds of burns on the enemy.
He's probably not in arena cuz he only has yellow slots. Arena requires red, blue and purple 5 or 6 tali sets..... on average..... at least in the top 💯!

Definitely get him.... I used him in gauntlet and skullquest Vault.
Good luck!

HuckFinn150
09-19-2019, 11:44 PM
AAA is my limit again. Due to the bug I was unable to get a lol as of yet and I find I can't win against an awakened warrior lol with vipers and a Miloshovich with vipers as well. So, 2 battles to go and no more teams that can work. I'm still feeling I've been cheated by the last bug. It let me unable to compete by keeping me from sands of time refill and access to the special dungeons to gain the good items. Another nail added....

URock
09-30-2019, 10:15 AM
I got Wrathchild today. What a lame toon. Useless.