PDA

View Full Version : Where do I (We) go from here....

Dutch
09-02-2016, 09:28 AM
First of, this is not a moan as i love this game and it's community (apart from the silly childish behaviour that went on yesterday), i have been playing this game from pretty much the release date)
Ok, so i find myself at lvl 91 (dreading getting to lvl99 where all the free refills seem to stop, hopefully they can increase this 99 lvl cap), i have spent quite some money on this game already but at the moment this seemed to have been a waste.

I have close to 9 mill in gold (which i only seem to add to as i havent got anything to spend it on, i have increased my library slots to 100)

3* shard count ( 1* and 2* i have stacks of 99 in all colours)
- Green 46
- Blue 31
- Yellow 24
- Red 17
- Rainbow 65

I have pulled what feels like well over 300 rare souls (incl the trooper ones) and yet the only 5* i have pulled is the nomad, so i havent got any decent characters to use these shards on, as i have already maxed quite a few characters to 5* lvl 100, the other characters i have dont seem to be worth it compared to what i have as my main team(s).

I have pulled Eddies, a lot of Eddies (all the 3* ones) the only good Eddie i've pulled was a 4* Carriage Rider.

My Eddie count.

Default Eddie - 3
Mummy Eddie - 11
Speed of light Eddie - 12
Run to the Hills Edde - 12
Wickerman Eddie - 2

I hope that something is in the pipeline about dupes as Lamia told us to keep hold of them for a future feature.

Another issue i have are the secret locations. I'm fine with the rubbish drops on the ailing kingdom ones and other daily ones, but after having to wait 3 days for the Underworld madness locations to open up and only see the same rubbish drop is soul destroying, 50k gold, 2 2* yellow shards and an explosive shield (this so far has happened 3x in a row), i get the occasional rare soul which of course turns out to be either a rubbish 3* or a 4* dupe. I have only ever had 1 skill shard drop on me and that was way back in the beginning.

Also, having to farm outside the rift times is pretty much pointless for me now, i dont need the gold, the only thing i can farm for is 3* rainbow evo runes, seeing that Time Rift has rare soul drops is the only reason i grind there so i would suggest adding rare soul drops to some worlds in campaign mode, like Underworld madness or something, i mean, it wont be a big deal surely seeing my luck with them but it keeps it exciting for me just in case i do get a good one drop on me, which is unlikely.

Again, i dont mean to make this sound negative, as i say, i love this game but i'm feeling that i'm nearing the end, which scares me :-).

Fudjo
09-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Wow, only one 5-star character from over 300 rare souls? That's brutal. I wish I could give you my spare Rainmaker!

Apart from farming for more rare souls in the hopes of a 5-star character, I guess the big reason to keep playing is to rack up Trooper points for more Skill Shards. Hopefully we'll see Night City and Brave New World soon!

Kaijester
09-02-2016, 09:44 AM
What? You have two Rainmaker?

Fudjo
09-02-2016, 09:55 AM
What? You have two Rainmaker?

Indeed I do. I was hoping for a Cyborg or a Vampire Hunter. :)

Kaijester
09-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Speaking of 5stars duplicate, I have 3 Pharaoh Dog Kings too...RNG is weird in this game, or our luck..

Cthulhum
09-02-2016, 10:20 AM
I believe these issues are on everyone's minds lately (at least i guess for level 60+ players)...

It's been a couple of months playing and in my case too, it has come down to that point beyond the one of farming, where you don't even see the point of doing that (as no real motive in "keeping getting more characters stronger").

As in regards to the lack in 5* drops, again i will have to say that the game is designed in way allowing lower * characters getting to 5 and to tell you the truth i really appreciate that. Still, when you get some specific characters such as COTD, Nomad or Commander, there is no real point in leveling rest of lower scale characters to 5, as the game gets rather easy after these drops.

Regardless, the real issue in my opinion, is related to the frequency of game updates and events. Overall game support and activity by developers.

I have played some similar games (card battle rpgs), after after dedicating much time with LOTB too, i have come to the conclusion that there is a big difference between asian and western developers / companies in this sector.

Let start by saying that Asian games are very money-hungry, extremely money-hungry. I have played money-hungry games that did not even reward you (the case of 5* characters, etc.) and i have also played money hungry games where they did reward you in these dimensions, but eventually the game became too burdensome to compete without paying.

Common thing in both these cases was the way asian devs kept these games active. It was all about the events. In a weekly basis. Often overlapping with sub-events. Or weekend events. Also with a lot of hype about coming events. You know, it was all about "excitement", typical asian... Of course something like that kept you going...

In the case of LOTB, i have said it before, i don't consider this game as money hungry. The game offers all the means of beating it, while also creating some pretty baddas character combinations.

The game also has quality in terms of graphics and story.

But other than this, i keep getting the feeling that there are about 3 people working on this game. The developer, the graphic designer and Candice from support (i'm joking of course but you get my point). And evidently it has become rather burdensome, to keep up with player demands.

It was also very evident that the Time Rift dungeons were rushed into the game (no back-story and many bugs) along with the few new characters and other than that we were still left with an array of more bugs, after promised that now the bugs would get fixed and then eventually we might see some new content, though not Night City, as with current predictions, i'd say we might expect it by December.

Still i appreciate the fact that the game is not money hungry, but i am also starting to feel that the game might be going under, due what has been discussed (similar) in these forums during the last couple of weeks and it would be a pity, as many of invested quite some time, in one of above-standard mobile game.

What frustrates most i guess, besides the great delays in any kind of update, is the lack of information regarding the future (again comparing to the asian alternatives i mentioned above) and that can mean the end, for many end-game players.

Baba-8301
09-02-2016, 11:16 AM
Agreed, I'm pretty much grinding for rare soldier/assassin souls at the moment. I have had better luck than Dutch with rare soul pulls but not decisively so, so the spare shards tend to get dumped into whichever 1-2* characters look most amusing...

BillLion
09-02-2016, 11:44 AM
I have 5 5* characters (3 natural, 2 that I have evolved) and I'm just working on maxing their talismans for now. I have 2/5 100% done.

After that...evolve more characters?

Good points in this post. I am hopeful the devs are aware and working on game progression even while working out the kinks at the same time.

PerthEddie
09-02-2016, 11:59 AM
I think everyone, both players and devs, have been taken by surprise with the amount of problems that we have seen. While the devs have got to focus on eradicating these you would hope that some work is still being done on the new content. I don't know what the plan was but my gut feeling is that new content would have been close had it not been for the problems. I really hope that these annoying problems can be sorted soon so that the game can then move forward.

As for Dutch's question of what to do next I suppose the obvious thing is to develop some other chars and maybe experiment with different combos? You might find a kick arse team nobody has found or thought of yet?

Jennie-5128
09-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Indeed I do. I was hoping for a Cyborg or a Vampire Hunter. :)

So jealous.
Although, like you, Cyborg is the one I'm after.

Nekroliun
09-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Cyborg and rainmaker are pretty much the coolest imo, i prefer rainmaker thou been aiming for him since day 1

BillLion
09-02-2016, 12:36 PM
An idea in the gap:

Keep the time rift dungeons open on the weekends too but only focus them on rainbow evo shards. That way we can keep working on characters with the possibility of rare souls.

BillLion
09-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Cyborg and rainmaker are pretty much the coolest imo, i prefer rainmaker thou been aiming for him since day 1

Cyborg is my aim! Hope you get your rainmaker to make up for all your lockouts!

Nekroliun
09-02-2016, 12:52 PM
If only you can buy rare assassin/gunner souls with ironite... If so i could prob get him, ive been lucky in this game since like day 1, got an angel of strife on first week and 3 5* in 1 month, and a green axis bomber for my brother on his first day.

After some thought... I would prefer tailgunner over cyborg, he looks much MUCH cooler than cyborg

An idea in the gap:

Keep the time rift dungeons open on the weekends too but only focus them on rainbow evo shards. That way we can keep working on characters with the possibility of rare souls.

I'd say great idea, and maybe make the rainbow dungs full of enemies from every class, fighting that would be an experience

Bryan-3528
09-02-2016, 01:07 PM
...Cyborg is the one I'm after.

Me too.

As far as where do we go from here: My guess is that the devs are still in bug hunting mode as the top priority. Every day or every other day there is a post in some thread about someone still being locked out of the game entirely. It seems the last fixes didn't resolve as many as they anticipated. That's my guess.

For now I am trying to be patient for the big bugs to get resolved, with the hopes that new content will be awesome once the bugs are worked out.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), I still have a ways to go in the game, I dont have an abundance of gold or leveled talisman and havent finished underworld on madness yet. Yes, I am the slow kid in class :)

Kaijester
09-02-2016, 01:13 PM
IMO Cyborg Eddie has poor defense stats but awesome survival skills, while Tailgunner Eddie Fury is just great. I had Cyborg Eddie early and I went thru the campaign with him but nowadays I'm mostly Tailgunner for farming.

Since the hype for Cyborg Eddie here, I will put him as my Champion Trooper until Time Rifts reopen.

Dutch
09-02-2016, 01:25 PM
Guys please go chat somewhere else about all your eddies and let me wallow in my self pity here lol

Jennie-5128
09-02-2016, 01:33 PM
I'd say great idea, and maybe make the rainbow dungs full of enemies from every class, fighting that would be an experience
Thirding this idea.

Kaijester: thank you xx - now all I need is to be able to get into my account ;)

Dutch: a wallowing song for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6xGqk0F0U

Bryan-3528
09-02-2016, 01:58 PM
...now all I need is to be able to get into my account ;)

JENNIE OH NO! You are locked out AGAIN????

Fudjo
09-02-2016, 02:02 PM

Rainbow dungs? Is that like the loot you get from Butt Stallion in Borderlands 2? :)

Jennie-5128
09-02-2016, 02:18 PM
JENNIE OH NO! You are locked out AGAIN????
I foolishly got a new phone, Bryan. A Samsung Galaxy Note 7... at least it hasn't exploded yet ;)

Fudjo: glad it's not just me who thinks that every time someone calls dungeons "dung" :)

maxdeviations
09-02-2016, 02:46 PM
I foolishly got a new phone, Bryan. A Samsung Galaxy Note 7... at least it hasn't exploded yet ;)

Fudjo: glad it's not just me who thinks that every time someone calls dungeons "dung" :)

i think ios has horrible luck with rare souls .. like dutch i have no luck what so ever .. Jennie can you switch to you vampire hunter as champion please ? wanna try him out. thanks :D

Nekroliun
09-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Nah i play on ios and my luck is amazing, i got more 5* chars than i got 4* chars...

Tbh i only got like 2 4* chars : angel of strife/pain

And i got 3 5* chars: allies general/COTD/ the nomad

Rainbow dungs? Is that like the loot you get from Butt Stallion in Borderlands 2? :)

Lol, dat moment when butt stallion poops a legendary...

slauki
09-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Hey Dutch i can feel you, the longterm motivation is low, because they are not good in keep people playing with some special events or the opportunities to develop your team or something like that.

I'm still grinding the whole day to upgrade my 8-9 level 40 talismans, and to earn some trooper points for the skill shards. i'm earning gold like mad, but i cannot do anything with it. because i get 2-3 3* evorunes per day.

everything feels a little pointless, since what will i do with my maximized team? At this state of the game, i cannot do anything with my characters, just sit there and wait for something to happend. There will be new content someday and i'm looking forward to it, but the devs are solely working on bugfixes i think, thats why the game stands still and the hardcore players are getting bored.

on the other hand, it could be that we expect too much. after plaiying for 7-8 weeks nonstop, what do we expect? the hardcore players get out of content pretty soon,
thats quite normal. if we were more casual players than we wouldn't have these issues. there are very few games out there that you can play nonstop without getting
bored and they have anotherstructure like mmorpgs or pvp games like poker or starcraft II. the most other games will get boring after you crush them, and this is
pretty normal i guess.

i had a good time playing this game, but i can feel, that i'm almost done with it for a while. no reason to get sad, that's quite normal i think. mybe we should search
another game, till new content is released and the problems are solved. i 'am sure, that these problems will get better, when the devs can focus on developing the game,
rather than to fix the insane amount of bugs.

that said i agree with someone who said, that the game-team seems to have 3 people who are working on it. the communication from their side is getting very bad.
i haven't heard any announcements for a while about the direction of this game. that could keep me playing, but they seem to be too busy to write down something on this forum....

i will keep playing a little and see what will happend. but it seems, that a break is the way to go...unfortunatly....

Nekroliun
09-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Lets hope night city is 10x harder than underworld madness, im sure the elitists would appreciate that since the game is easy, as some say

Rogue leader-1547
09-02-2016, 03:18 PM
3* yellow (gunner) and 3* crystal (general) evolution shards NEEDED - help!
I've finished the entire game for over a month. I've been through Underworld madness(primarily) and all over the 4 worlds in search of 3* star yellow and 3* crystal (general) evolution shards and found nothing. In fact, I very rarely ever find shards at all. I'm selling 3k plus a day in runes I cannot use as power up runes are almost as rare. I've been to the forum, I've asked my Facebook friends and all are in the same predicament.
All I want to do is finally, finally, evolve my soldier Eddie to level 100. The most important character on my team is the weakest link.
PS Is there a trick to getting the corrupted general? My fave character.

Aristo4
09-02-2016, 03:33 PM
IMO Cyborg Eddie has poor defense stats but awesome survival skills, while Tailgunner Eddie Fury is just great. I had Cyborg Eddie early and I went thru the campaign with him but nowadays I'm mostly Tailgunner for farming.

Since the hype for Cyborg Eddie here, I will put him as my Champion Trooper until Time Rifts reopen.

Ingame name? wanna take a peek at yours.
he's my main guy all that time, and now he'll gonna get all the skill shards,im done with pulling other souls

edit, got 3 slots available if someone wants to borrow, write here before requesting

edit 2, sorry for derailing your thread

zamasu
09-02-2016, 03:44 PM
I fell you Dutch. I've been playing this game non stop for a while and my luck sucks so far, the only 5* characters I've ever pulled has been Visions Eddie and The King Dog. Both of them pretty much useless.

I use all my troopers everyday and at the end of the week I use them to buy souls, maybe I get lucky but nothing. I don't even buy skill shards because I want new eddies so bad.

It is true without new content the game gets boring. I hope we get new worlds with insane difficulties where it can take you months to beat because you have to find really good and clever ways to beat them, the game has been extremely easy so far and we need new and challenging missions to keep up us motivated.

OpticSugar
09-02-2016, 06:41 PM
...I miss the Clairvoyant

ShadowRising
09-02-2016, 07:46 PM
i am enjoying the game, the grind for evo,s of all sorts gets boring after a bit, cant see where the game is easy though rofl, at moment working my way through getting all skulls in battlefield madness, and completing underworld hard. underworld hard is tough on the later battles even with the help of my best troopers with 5 star level 100,s and below. dropped 3 bucks or so on a promo pack thing that was expiring not long after i started, wanting to support the game a bit here and there but think ima going to wait and see how things go. as for rare soul luck i am in the somewhat unlucky boat as well, do have several 4 star chars though.

XcarecroW
09-02-2016, 08:50 PM
I completely agree with you dutch, but my situation is even worse than yours. I am level 100 sitting on 16 milion gold and the count of my 3* shards is 31 red, 43 green, 15 blue, 32 yellow, 49 purple and 118 rainbow, yes 118!!! I have just evolved 2 chars to 100 just because i was running out of shards slots, and maxed like 10 talismans from level 1 to five. I have opened more than 400 rare souls counting trooper souls and just got 2 5* chars, corrupt general in the begining and the great visions eddie, hu. This is ridiculous, ah dont forget my 5 stacks of 99 regular souls sitting in my book of souls unopened.
Yes, it would be a bit better if getting better chars was a bit easier because now for me the point is only farm for rare souls in rift and more money.

aur0ra85
09-03-2016, 01:53 AM
I'm also at end game and my play time is dwindling due to the drop rate. 2mil in the bank, and not even a talisman or 4* character to spend it on due to the Evo shard/rune drop rates. I have 3k in ironite too and nothing to spend it on, Celt more souls that I can't upgrade. So.....
I'm not unhappy with the current content, and most of the bad bugs seem to be patched. I just wish that if I spend an hour farming, I'd get something in return for it. Right now that's not the case.

AmBush-UK
09-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Drop rates and dupes are RIDICULOUS I was under the impression The LEGENDARY SOUL received for completing Underworld madness was a 5*

WRONG ! This is what i got, His stats look ok so it might be ok IF i can get some yellow Evo shards (DAMN RNG IS SO AGAINST ME!)

Ive Never had a 5* drop anywhere, My missus has only been playing a short while and already has Pharaoh Eddie

But other than this, i keep getting the feeling that there are about 3 people working on this game. The developer, the graphic designer and Candice from support (i'm joking of course but you get my point). And evidently it has become rather burdensome, to keep up with player demands.I do wonder that myself, been waiting 20 days, nearly THREE weeks for a response on tickets i submitted .... :(

Atheist
09-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Drop rates and dupes are RIDICULOUS I was under the impression The LEGENDARY SOUL received for completing Underworld madness was a 5*

WRONG ! This is what i got, His stats look ok so it might be ok IF i can get some yellow Evo shards (DAMN RNG IS SO AGAINST ME!)

Ive Never had a 5* drop anywhere, My missus has only been playing a short while and already has Pharaoh Eddie

I do wonder that myself, been waiting 20 days, nearly THREE weeks for a response on tickets i submitted .... :(

A bit irrelevant with the topics main idea but the Desert Marauder is a pretty sweet character to have. His passive ability, 2 first rounds of perfect, makes all these "land 10 perfect hits" quests ez. It's a must to have PvE character for this purpose.