PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Quandary (Book of Souls) - Earn Quantum Fragments in the Book of Souls!

Leviathan
07-30-2019, 12:16 AM

Earn Quantum Soul Fragments to trade for unique items, including Quantum Talismans!

From now until August 5th at 5PM PDT, every Rare, Epic, Legendary and Mythic Soul you open in the Book of Souls, regardless of where you earned it (Skull Quests, bought from Store, earned from Sacrifice, etc) will give you a bonus of Quantum Soul Fragments.

Fragments will be granted in the following amounts:
**Rare Souls (including Class-Rare Souls such as Warrior Rare Souls) drop 15 Quantum Soul Fragments
Epic Souls (including Class-Epic Souls such as Sentinel Epic Souls) drop 35 Quantum Soul Fragments
Legendary Souls (including Class-Legendary Souls such as Gunner Legendary Souls) drop 180 Quantum Soul Fragments
Mythic Souls including Class-Mythic Souls such as Mythic Magus Souls) drop 900 Quantum Soul Fragments

**Please note that neither Heroic Souls, nor event type souls (i.e. Hellish Souls) will provide Quantum Soul Fragments

You’ll also be able to earn Quantum Soul Fragments, and additional rewards, by completing Event Challenges!

The Quantum Soul Fragments you earn can be traded in the Event Store for limited time items including QUANTUM TALISMANS, our latest 6-set talismans!

Quantum Talismans are purple Talismans with a 6 set effect. Equip them to take 40% Reduced Damage. These talismans also Transform Beneficial Effects into their Golden versions for 2 turns at the start of your turn. They also allow you to deal 6 additional hits of damage to targets that have Labyrinth Talismans equipped after each action.

See the full list of limited time Event Store items below:

3⭐ Quantum (Barrier) Talisman x1 (300 Quantum Soul Fragments, 6 per event)
Gold x50,000 (100 Quantum Soul Fragments, 3 per day)
T1 Cosmic Evo Rune x1 (150 Quantum Soul Fragments, 1 per day)
T2 Cosmic Evo Rune x1 (150 Quantum Soul Fragments, 1 per day)
T3 Cosmic Evo Rune x1 (150 Quantum Soul Fragments, 1 per day)
Cosmic XP Shards x5 (100 Quantum Soul Fragments, 3 per event)
Cosmic XP Runes x5 (150 Quantum Soul Fragments, 3 per event)
2⭐Colourless Evo Shard x1 (100 Quantum Soul Fragments, 1 per day)
2⭐Colourless Evo Rune x1 (125 Quantum Soul Fragments, 1 per day)
Skill Shard x1 (300 Quantum Soul Fragments, 3 per event)
Catalyst Soul x1 (500 Quantum Soul Fragments, 3 per event)

IMPORTANT: Quantum Fragments can also be used to make Quantum Souls, which will drop a 3⭐ or 5⭐ Gold Idol. Gold Idols can be sold for a high price, but cannot be used to purchase the items available for Quantum Fragments. Converting these Fragments into their Souls and/or opening those Souls is not reversible, so please avoid converting your Quantum Fragments until after this event is over.

Looking for another set of Quantum Talismans?

Quantum Talismans are also obtainable from the store for Ironite or as an in-app purchase. You can get two talismans to finish making a set for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Quantum Talismans), and if you’d like to get a full set of the talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an in-app purchase.

We also have a Quantum Fragment pack on offer! This pack contains 900 Quantum Soul Fragments, as well as Iron Coins, Frontier Coins, Ironite and Gold.

bort
07-30-2019, 12:25 AM
Quick maths,

Full event will cost 11775 quantum soul frags, or (rounding up):

490 rare
210 epic
41 legendary
9 mythics

Stormseye
07-30-2019, 12:54 AM
Quick maths,

Full event will cost 11775 quantum soul frags, or (rounding up):

490 rare
210 epic
41 legendary
9 mythics

Does that include the achievement rewards too?

bort
07-30-2019, 12:56 AM
Does that include the achievement rewards too?

No, it does not. The cost of "worthwhile" rewards is about 9300, I think.

gogosox40
07-30-2019, 01:56 AM
I already had some mythical and legendary souls stored up.
Used them to get the talismans set and the catalyst souls.
I have no desire to do any of the achievements.
But I noticed arena battles count towards the achievements.

GrimDusk
07-30-2019, 03:14 AM
These talismans seem kinda less than optimal, no? They can only be used on certain characters and I think the golden effects part only works on the wearer. Plus the 6 extra hits aren’t triggering.

Segoy
07-30-2019, 05:18 AM
Aren't Legendary souls supposed to give you mythical soul fragments, when you summon them (and rare souls to give epic frags, epis souls to give Legendary frags)?

I summoned one Legendary today as a daily challenge and to see how it works with the Quantum frags, but only received those 180 Quantum frags, no Mythical frags.

Thanks for advice.

Fight4life
07-30-2019, 05:28 AM
Aren't Legendary souls supposed to give you mythical soul fragments, when you summon them (and rare souls to give epic frags, epis souls to give Legendary frags)?

I summoned one Legendary today as a daily challenge and to see how it works with the Quantum frags, but only received those 180 Quantum frags, no Mythical frags.

Thanks for advice.
No, epic souls gives mythical frags

Bakura
07-30-2019, 05:58 AM
These talismans seem kinda less than optimal, no? They can only be used on certain characters and I think the golden effects part only works on the wearer. Plus the 6 extra hits aren’t triggering.
I'm not impressed. I don't have them "yet," but the description seems weak. Plus, 6 talis, they should have made this a 4 tali set. Or at least a 5 so you could use a cosmic. 40% damage reduction ain't much when you already have low HP. There's no way I see this replacing any other major set for arena use. Unless, having Labrynth becomes a bad thing.
They should have made the turning buffs golden, affect the whole team.
Grim, if you have these and the 6 extra hits to Labs is not working then this makes the 3rd set they released but doesn't work right. Reaper and Singularities also were bugged from the start.

SinGularity-8786
07-30-2019, 08:02 AM
What a deal^^
Gold x50,000 (100 Quantum Soul Fragments, 3 per day)
When 200 fragments are required for a Quantum Soul which guarantees a 3*Gold Idol (300.000) and has a chance for a 5* Gold Idol (1.000.000)...

URock
07-30-2019, 08:57 AM
Question:
how can the Quantum do extra damage on a toon with Labyrinth, when the Labyrinth is blocking damage?

Blade
07-30-2019, 09:26 AM
Hmm I am not really impressed. Basically a good event idea, but the details are a bit disappointing:
- Why the heck do heroic souls not count?
- The talisman set seems pretty weak for a 6-set, should be a 4 or 5 set, as already mentioned
- what I read here means that they even don't work properly!? Anyone can confirm?
- the best part are the cosmic evo runes (and the catalyst soul)

@URock: It would be great if all 6 hits would go through the Labyrinth block, but I guess they don't. If these hits are considered as "normal" hits, then maybe 1-2 might go through. -> question is: how much damage do they deal (if they work at all) ?

URock
07-30-2019, 10:52 AM
@The Developers:

can we pls get some information about how these new Quantum Talismans work?

SinGularity-8786
07-30-2019, 02:26 PM
Blocked, Blocked, Blocked, Blocked… 1-2 hits

Volrath
07-30-2019, 03:24 PM
Well, hoarding souls turned out to be pretty useful. Got the six talismans and 3 catalyst souls (and naturally didn't get any of the stuff I actually need, but it's all good). I would have preferred a new character but oh well. Still have 100+ rare souls to build on for next time.

I agree that we're getting too many five and six talisman sets. I'd prefer more three and two sets that aren't overpowered but offer interesting benefits. The sun and steel combo was a perfect example of this would love to see more stuff like that.

Ip4
07-30-2019, 03:38 PM
can someone post all characters thet is needed for this event?

Fudjo
07-30-2019, 03:42 PM
can someone post all characters thet is needed for this event?

As always, DeathBat's spreadsheet is a huge help:

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10506-I-ve-created-a-handy-guide-to-LOTB-Characters-and-their-Effects!&p=103383&viewfull=1#post103383

What I've used so far:

Passive Disable - The Prisoner
Perfect Corruption - Primordial talismans on the Prisoner
MR Down - Corrupt Fieldmarshall
Taunt - Alexander Eddie (I'm farming NotB Madness, otherwise Mummy Eddie or MACLO should get the job done)
Heal Reduction - Red Starfish
HP Drain - Green Starfish

Ip4
07-30-2019, 03:55 PM
his spreadsheet is very confused for me...thanks Fudjo,who is best for defence down,any passive can do that?

Muzzleloader
07-30-2019, 03:58 PM
I'm also having problems reading deathbat list. Can anyone help me out on ignite. Also my warrior demon spawn passive is not counting toward heal reduction.

Fudjo
07-30-2019, 04:23 PM
Hmm...yeah, Red Starfish is defective. Heal Reduction passive isn't counting for me, either.

Muzzleloader
07-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Warrior golden sun is good for heal reduction.

infinite dreamer
07-30-2019, 04:50 PM
I used a very de-powered team of carriage rider (for MR down and Defense down), sentinel souless demon (for taunt and I put penance talismans on him to help with Passive Disable), green demon spawn (who I used the penance talismans on until HP Drain was done) and now using gunner derby demon (for Exhaust using blight talismans to keep her from hitting with her power move). Blue lilith is good for Exhaust too. The red spawn's passive has been broken for a while, he would've been helpful for heal reduction.

Muzzleloader
07-30-2019, 04:56 PM
Blue hellraiser passive perfect corruption works pretty well. Gives about 12 count per round of powerslave.

infinite dreamer
07-30-2019, 04:58 PM
I'm also having problems reading deathbat list. Can anyone help me out on ignite. Also my warrior demon spawn passive is not counting toward heal reduction.

I haven't tried it yet, but maybe warrior chopper (echo) or sentinel anubis (echo) since their basic is single target for ignite?

Muzzleloader
07-30-2019, 10:06 PM
Manually using warrior chopper and coalgiver ed gives about 15 ignites per powerslave run. That was coupled with warrior golden sun to earn some heal reduction.

Esquatcho
07-31-2019, 06:25 AM
Considering how many we need of them, what would be amaaaaaazing, is if we could get more than one T1 1* evo rune a day from this event! I have T2s coming out my ears because I need T1s to get them to a stage where I can even use the T2s!

Olevipoeg
07-31-2019, 11:27 AM
Manually using warrior chopper and coalgiver ed gives about 15 ignites per powerslave run. That was coupled with warrior golden sun to earn some heal reduction.
Manual is big NO for me. It would take 2-3 hours for 50 runs.

Tim28213
07-31-2019, 12:49 PM
For Ignite I have been running Eddie with Blight Talismans/Penance and warrior Derby Demon. Derby Demon's power move ignites all enemies so she is hitting 4 at a time and her standard move is disable passive. About 2 trooper runs and ignite and disable passive are almost done on auto.

Blade
07-31-2019, 12:50 PM
Considering how many we need of them, what would be amaaaaaazing, is if we could get more than one T1 1* evo rune a day from this event! I have T2s coming out my ears because I need T1s to get them to a stage where I can even use the T2s!

What I don't get: to evolve a T2 from 1* level to 2*, we need 10 T1 cosmic evo runes!? I thought T1 needs T1 stuff, T2 needs T2 stuff... is this a bug or what? Makes no sense but puts even more pressure on these T1 1* evos. Bringing a T1 from 2* to 3* needs 20 (!) 1* T1 evo runes plus 10 2* T1 evo runes. These numbers make the 7 evo runes we can get from this event in total vanishingly small.

kkkreg5
07-31-2019, 02:08 PM
The red spawn's passive has been broken for a while, he would've been helpful for heal reduction.

Used Red Spawn last night for Trooper run and only 1 counted (I'm sure it didn't come from Spawn) so that was waste...

Muzzleloader
07-31-2019, 02:53 PM
I think it works against an opponent who actually tries to heal themselves, not just applying heal reduction as other toons do.

Natasmai
07-31-2019, 06:06 PM
Used Red Spawn last night for Trooper run and only 1 counted (I'm sure it didn't come from Spawn) so that was waste...

His passive isnt broken, it does not say it applies a debuff. It is a global modifier. So it does not count toward achievements. Achievements require a literal debuff to be applied to a character. Use Red Golden Son. Works great, hits all opponents. I think I even added the Future talisman to him to increase accuracy.

Muzzleloader
07-31-2019, 06:13 PM
I had to remove all talisman to run powerslave so as not to kill all opponents. I then added samuri and wicker deer for addition buffs.

Blade
07-31-2019, 09:15 PM
For some effects I went to amolad to not kill too quickly lol :) but then I sometimes lost as I went in really low with unsharded dupes etc. But I like this playing around and finding efficient strategies. Needed numbers for effects are pretty high (at least for some) and I do not have the time to do it manually

Bakura
08-01-2019, 06:07 AM
I completed all of this in BNW level 10.
I got 6 talisman dungeon keys. Not alot of 3* evo runes though.
The enemy is durable enough that your toons can implement multiple buffs/debuffs per round, plus you can use 4 toons to maximize the number of effects to complete challenges.

Ip4
08-01-2019, 10:30 AM
is new 6 set talisman good or bad?no one talk about them...

Bakura
08-01-2019, 11:45 AM
I don't have them maxed yet.
But I believe Grimdusk had them early on, and said the extra 6 hits to Labrynth wasn't working.

ShadowedLies
08-01-2019, 07:12 PM
is new 6 set talisman good or bad?no one talk about them...

So far I haven't noticed any additional hits or misses against labyrinthed toons, so it seems they aren't working.

Yup
08-01-2019, 07:22 PM
like every other talisman set.. they work in the AI's favor..... not the players.

Stop doesn't mean Stop for the AI.. Eternity Talisman on Ferryman in the AI don't do anything different than on any other character... Alchemy's for the AI continue working after revival, not for the player. Warlords for the AI continue granting buffs after revival.. not for the player....

But yeah.. there is "no AI boost".

Esquatcho
08-02-2019, 03:03 AM
What I don't get: to evolve a T2 from 1* level to 2*, we need 10 T1 cosmic evo runes!? I thought T1 needs T1 stuff, T2 needs T2 stuff... is this a bug or what? Makes no sense but puts even more pressure on these T1 1* evos. Bringing a T1 from 2* to 3* needs 20 (!) 1* T1 evo runes plus 10 2* T1 evo runes. These numbers make the 7 evo runes we can get from this event in total vanishingly small.

Yep I hear ya! It doesnt make any sense to me with current drop rates. I've got way more T3s than Ill ever need, but T1s are just an insane bottleneck.

Segoy
08-02-2019, 05:28 AM
His passive isnt broken, it does not say it applies a debuff. It is a global modifier. So it does not count toward achievements. Achievements require a literal debuff to be applied to a character. Use Red Golden Son. Works great, hits all opponents. I think I even added the Future talisman to him to increase accuracy.

Well, I guess it is indeed a global modifier (not applying debuff as such) - NF confirmed it this morning: "Passively ongoing effects that change the state of the battle such as your Demon Spawn's heal reductions do not count as individual applications."

But I disagree with such approach - it should be applied as a debuff (not only because of this event, but generally). I am not aware of any other such "global modifiers" - everything is being amended through visible buffs/debuffs (unless it is a talisman skill). What also doesn't help is that sometime they name the skills in different wording and it is then confusing whether the skill applies or not.

Segoy
08-02-2019, 06:22 AM
Ironite to FC exchange!

Hi guys, I just found in the Store (tab "Resources") that there is currently a new option to trade Ironite for Frontier Coins! One pack for 100 Ironite gives you 100 Frontier Coins. They limited it to 10 packs (each for 100 Ironite(= 100 FC)) per month. So it seems (I hope) it should be a permanent addition. In total, we can get in this way 1000 FC per month, if they don't change their mind.

But IMHO, this is an excellent addition to the store.

URock
08-02-2019, 10:44 PM
The Quantum Talismans are fucking useless! They do NOTHING against a toon wearing Labyrinth!

MetalKing
08-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Ironite to FC exchange!

Hi guys, I just found in the Store (tab "Resources") that there is currently a new option to trade Ironite for Frontier Coins! One pack for 100 Ironite gives you 100 Frontier Coins. They limited it to 10 packs (each for 100 Ironite(= 100 FC)) per month. So it seems (I hope) it should be a permanent addition. In total, we can get in this way 1000 FC per month, if they don't change their mind.

But IMHO, this is an excellent addition to the store.

There is also a way to get frontier coins for trooper badges as well. Still not the currency exchange I suggested, but a step in that direction.
Back on topic, once the event ends, would we still be able to cash them in for cosmic evolution materials, or would that dissapear from the store?

Bakura
08-04-2019, 10:14 AM
like every other talisman set.. they work in the AI's favor..... not the players.

Stop doesn't mean Stop for the AI.. Eternity Talisman on Ferryman in the AI don't do anything different than on any other character... Alchemy's for the AI continue working after revival, not for the player. Warlords for the AI continue granting buffs after revival.. not for the player....

But yeah.. there is "no AI boost".

Dude, all of what you said is an understatement!!!
It's been ridiculous, and is getting extremely worse. How can we compete when the AI just makes up it's own rules as it goes along.
I'll add AI side fully healing with crave to the list.
It's killing any desire to even try to stay in the top 100. The only consolation is knowing we all have the same problem.
Gambler totally destroying fully healed Set w/ maxed T3 freeze cosmic & Labrynth, in one shot. REALLY????
KP going 5 times in a row...... The list goes on and on...... and on.......and on......etc.

blade685
08-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Dude, all of what you said is an understatement!!!
It's been ridiculous, and is getting extremely worse. How can we compete when the AI just makes up it's own rules as it goes along.
I'll add AI side fully healing with crave to the list.
It's killing any desire to even try to stay in the top 100. The only consolation is knowing we all have the same problem.
Gambler totally destroying fully healed Set w/ maxed T3 freeze cosmic & Labrynth, in one shot. REALLY????
KP going 5 times in a row...... The list goes on and on...... and on.......and on......etc.

battles are totally ridiculous in pvp now