PDA

View Full Version : Freedom to Flourish (Evolution) - Earn Cosmic Talismans and Upgrade Materials!

Ruby_LOTB
08-06-2019, 12:00 AM
Earn Talisman Souls from Event Challenges, and summon to claim GUARANTEED Cosmic Talismans.

From now until August 21st at 5pm PT, complete Power Up and Evolution themed Event Challenges to earn a variety of rewards including Cosmic Evolution Materials and Talisman Soul Fragments.

BONUS: Complete Event Challenge Stretch Goals to receive new Evolution Talisman Soul Fragments!

300 Evolution Talisman Fragments = 1 Evolution Talisman Soul

The Evolution Talisman Soul is a unique Soul with contents that will change on a monthly basis (similar to Heroic Souls!).

This month the Evolution Talisman Soul is guaranteed to summon a T1 Purple Cosmic Talisman with the ability to grant the Life set bonus! This ability grants HP Regen for 2 turns at the start of battle.

Note: It doesn’t matter when you earned the soul; the Talisman you will earn is determined when you open the soul, so saved up souls and fragments will change what they can give over time!

You can learn more about Cosmic Talisman categorization, and how to power them up here! (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11328-Cosmic-Talisman-Basics)

We have a few deals in store to help you grow and power up your Cosmic Talisman collection!

Grab the Talisman Soul Pack! Each pack contains 3 Talisman Souls, Cosmic XP Runes, Tier 1 Evo Runes as well as some Ironite and Gold!
Take your Talismans to the next level with the Ultimate Talisman Power Up Pack. Each Power Up pack contains some Ironite and Gold, Colourless Evo Runes, Cosmic Talisman Evolution Materials, and 3 Catalyst Souls!

The Catalyst Soul will summon a guaranteed Tier 1 to Tier 3 Unique Cosmic Evolution material, including: Onyx of Ruin, Demon Seed, Ashes of Ice, Sacred Crown, Book of Life, Tarot Cards, Gambling Dice, Starlight, and Black Rain.
Prepare your team for battle! An All-Class Power Up pack is available now. Pick one up to get Ironite, Gold, a Skill Shard and 20 5* Colourless XP Shards.

Alvorada
08-06-2019, 01:11 AM
Where I see the Evolution Talisman Soul rotation?

wipp
08-06-2019, 01:23 AM
Where I see the Evolution Talisman Soul rotation?

I would also like to see that. I did not buy the cosmic last mth or this mth. I hope they offer a t3 for more frags down the line

slauki
08-06-2019, 02:29 AM
less but more meaningfull events you said?

well these events are the worst of all. mindlessly evolve 1* 2* 3* toons or talis that no one needs for some mediocre rewards.
this is uninspired stupidity at it's finest sorry, but this is the truth ;)

bort
08-06-2019, 02:35 AM
less but more meaningfull events you said?

well these events are the worst of all. mindlessly evolve 1* 2* 3* toons or talis that no one needs for some mediocre rewards.
this is uninspired stupidity at it's finest sorry, but this is the truth ;)

If you measure events in effort v reward the evo events would be the best. They're super uninteresting, but they're dead simple to do. They're also cheap if you level characters to 99 ahead of time as you grind.

slauki
08-06-2019, 02:50 AM
If you measure events in effort v reward the evo events would be the best. They're super uninteresting, but they're dead simple to do. They're also cheap if you level characters to 99 ahead of time as you grind.

yeah ofc i always do that, but this is just mindless and it has nothing to do with playing the game. and the 1* evo stuff is getting rare, so we have to play suboptimal level to grind 1* things after 3 years...feels pretty bad.
personally i prefer the grinding events but that's a matter of taste. you are right, effortwise it's much harder but at least we can play something new.

bort
08-06-2019, 03:03 AM
yeah ofc i always do that, but this is just mindless and it has nothing to do with playing the game. and the 1* evo stuff is getting rare, so we have to play suboptimal level to grind 1* things after 3 years...feels pretty bad.
personally i prefer the grinding events but that's a matter of taste. you are right, effortwise it's much harder but at least we can play something new.

I noticed I'm starting to run out of the 1* stuff; my inventory is listed in the dozens instead of thousands like the other runes. I guess I'll have to run early LoL/BNW or wherever they drop to make up for it

Fudjo
08-06-2019, 03:07 AM
I noticed I'm starting to run out of the 1* stuff; my inventory is listed in the dozens instead of thousands like the other runes. I guess I'll have to run early LoL/BNW or wherever they drop to make up for it

There's an LoL fragment event coming up this month, so it'll be a good opportunity to restock the 1* evo shards.

URock
08-06-2019, 03:43 AM
I wait for a better talisman...maybe next month.

drrchmnd
08-06-2019, 03:59 AM
And a question for the devs... not that I am actually expecting an answer.. have you nerfed the upgrade components drop rate again? Cause it seems everytime there is one of these idiotic upgrade events certain components seem to vanish into thin air not to be seen again or at least not until the event is over.

dragonmat89
08-06-2019, 08:05 AM
Just as a tip - Precious Souls give a better drop rate of 1* characters to evolve than Common Souls do and you can recoup some of the expense of evolving them by selling any Gold Idols you get after evolving them.

scott-5496
08-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Yeah i use precious souls in the same way - I also had a pile of 1 star hearts from the one of the previous events and currently looking for ways to spend gold as I have so much of it now. Works fine for me anyway!

Esquatcho
08-06-2019, 12:20 PM
Just as a tip - Precious Souls give a better drop rate of 1* characters to evolve than Common Souls do and you can recoup some of the expense of evolving them by selling any Gold Idols you get after evolving them.

Except I have 0 1* red evo shards for those damn hearts after the last sacathon! lol. I even had to do a few rounds of red Lord of Light III. It feels bad man!

So dropped a stack of 100 commons. At least you get rare soul shards these days for them!

SamFisher3000
08-06-2019, 02:14 PM

Grab the Talisman Soul Pack! Each pack contains 3 Talisman Souls, Cosmic XP Runes, Tier 1 Evo Runes as well as some Ironite and Gold!
Take your Talismans to the next level with the Ultimate Talisman Power Up Pack. Each Power Up pack contains some Ironite and Gold, Colourless Evo Runes, Cosmic Talisman Evolution Materials, and 3 Catalyst Souls!

Anyone having these purchases available? For me the Ultimate Talisman Power Up Pack contains one Catalyst Soul and the Talisman Soul Pack offers only 2 Talisman Souls.

Yup
08-06-2019, 04:21 PM
They decreased the purchase rewards (and price slightly) but not the advertising for them - they've just copy/pasted previous text..... again.. attention to DETAIL is not high on the list of important things for these devs.. and.. heck.. if they can bilk players out of money by rewarding defective items or less than what was purchased.. that doesn't seem to bother them either.

Volrath
08-06-2019, 05:09 PM
These character evolution events are starting to feel like graduations...a new class of characters who have been kept at level 95-99 getting to reach level 100.

I usually only do the five star and four star character challenges. The rewards are better. For all the hassle of doing the lower starred characters the rewards aren't particularly good.

Muzzleloader
08-06-2019, 05:24 PM
For 20 minutes and blow some unused resources you can earn 75 ironite and 1/2 cosmic talisman for leveling and evolving 1-3* toons in the event. I cant see that so time consuming over seven days not to complete the challenges.

Natasmai
08-06-2019, 07:08 PM
I knocked out the entire event in a few hours in between watching TV last night. I had 0 preparation prior to the event, I dont level characters to almost max or anything like that. When the event hits, I level whatever I have been holding and pop souls until I find what is missing. It costs almost nothing to do, I have almost 300MM gold, 1000's of materials.... It is literally just free rewards.

I will say however, that I now have 1 of almost every character in the game and they are now almost all max 5*. I have nothing under a level 4*. So It may soon get a bit more annoying basically only leveling up sacrifice fodder... but who cares.

Ruby_LOTB
08-20-2019, 12:35 AM
Next Character Evolution event will have updated Event Challenges.
Without giving too much away, you can level up and evolve characters of higher rarity and gain progress for the lower tier requirements.
For example the lower difficulty challenges now say "Power-Up a character of any rarity to Max level" or "Evolve a character of any rarity" instead of specifically asking for you to use low level characters.
Note that this is for the next Character Evolution Event, and the upcoming Talisman Evolution Event does not follow this structure yet, but will be in the future.

scott-5496
08-20-2019, 01:12 PM
Good to know this going forward - I had the same thoughts as Natasmai so this is welcomed. At the moment I have try to save up precious souls and have used those for the low level stuff (hearts and idols) as then you are getting some of it back when sacking or selling them.

I can see how the current approach works for newer guys and it pushes them on to upgrade but this change will be a big help and less of a hassle for long term players with almost full rosters - I am now looking at my dupes of some key guys as my upgrade source so I stil have some play there with those but having this new way is useful and appreciated.

Cheers

Blade
08-20-2019, 01:50 PM
Actually I was fine with the structure as it was, but only for characters. Low * characters are easy to get from regular souls and precious ones - souls that we open anyway. I found it much more annoying for the talismans, as we need(ed) to play stupid low worlds to get these talismans that are otherwise useless. Most good talis don't drop lower than in the 3* version. So I really welcome the change, especially for the tallis! Thanks!

Muzzleloader
08-20-2019, 02:07 PM
One of the biggest problems with the talisman event is for many to earn enough 3* evo runes to meet the stretch challenge. 270 runes is tough if you are keeping up evolving all the newly released talisman.