PDA

View Full Version : Server Maintenance Scheduled for Sunday, September 4th, ~10:00am PST

Leviathan
09-03-2016, 02:15 AM
** ATTENTION **

Incoming Server Maintenance:

We will be performing server maintenance Sunday, September 4th, around 10:00am PST and will last approximately a day.

PLEASE NOTE: The game will be unavailable during this period.

Please check back on Monday, we will update this announcement letting players know when the game is available.

Kaijester
09-03-2016, 02:20 AM
Wow a day...

Eagleknight
09-03-2016, 04:13 AM
Is this just maintenance or will be getting some kind of game update. Like more char slots, new content, a way to deal with 4&5* dupes ect....?

Thanks
Eagleknight-9103

007RAV15-8839
09-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Open dungeon Saturday since we'll miss it Sunday please!

Jennie-5128
09-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Open dungeon Saturday since we'll miss it Sunday please!
This suggestion seconded

slauki
09-04-2016, 09:23 AM
can we expect some changes? that would be real interesting...

BillLion
09-04-2016, 12:42 PM
I assume this is more for stabilization than new content.

Though it'd be great to be pleasantly surprised

slauki
09-04-2016, 01:02 PM
I assume this is more for stabilization than new content.

Though it'd be great to be pleasantly surprised

yeah, you're probably right, but some more information would be nice. it shouldn't be that hard to write down a few sentences...

Jennie-5128
09-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Maybe my account will work again...

ShadowRising
09-04-2016, 05:26 PM
well going to be a long wait rofl, hope something good is coming, the time frame for being down just for maintenance seems excessive, guess we will see.

and good luck jen heres to hoping

Vaseodin
09-04-2016, 06:19 PM

Wow Jennie , I didn't realize you're still out of commission. That's terrible. Here's to hoping this fixes you.

Jennie-5128
09-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Wow Jennie , I didn't realize you're still out of commission. That's terrible. Here's to hoping this fixes you.
This is my second time; silly me got a new phone ;)

It only lasted 6 days the first time and has only been 4 so far this time, so I'm hopeful.

Otaviano
09-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Please do it fast ...... I am missing play the game is the best game I ever played, ok is quite difficult to find a Eddie......
The game is my way out of the reallity since my dog has passed way,..... sooo be fast....

Eagleknight
09-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Hey isn't there a place where the game reps could let us know what was happening? Any one have a link to a that mythical place?

Jk

Dank Brew
09-04-2016, 07:21 PM
A DAY! dang I was ready to play all day today lol. Hopefully they'll get people back who are locked out at least. But an actual update with new features would be cool too of course!

Witkacy
09-04-2016, 08:15 PM
I've used my hard earned and saved ironites for 3 days XP boost and now it comes that 1 day will be lost... If I knew it sooner I could spent them in some other way... Not as a complaint really though requiring being online all the time is a disadvantage... No servers no playing... Just hope it'll be worth waiting :)

AmBush-UK
09-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Finally i get strong enough to farm level 7 on the dungeon All i need is one damn 3* Yellow Evolution Shard to evolve my Soldier Eddie after a month and they close the game for 24 bleedin hours ! :mad:

I would have thought they done it on a less busy time not on a weekend......:( I Do hope they compensate for this and their fixing things not adding more features

MetalWarrior
09-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Now it says, will be available approx 9/06/2016 , 1:00 . that's like 2 days to update with no backup server to sync ! :(

AmBush-UK
09-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Now it says, will available be available approx 9/06/2016 , 1:00 . that's like 2 days to update with no backup server to sync ! :(

Still showing 09/05/2016 18:00:00 for me (I'm guessing thats 05/09/2016 18:00:00 GMT)

MetalWarrior
09-04-2016, 10:42 PM

so, 1 AM PST = 8 AM GMT

Dutch
09-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Mine said that but now it changed to 5/9/2016 1800

Aristo4
09-04-2016, 11:07 PM
09/05/2016 20:00 here - GMT+3

Demoness-9720
09-04-2016, 11:08 PM
There's more bugs in this game than there is in I'm a celebrity get me out of here. Back to the PS4 for me whilst they sort it out....hopefully. :rolleyes:

Demoness-9720
09-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Aw diddums :p

BillLion
09-04-2016, 11:54 PM
I don't mind the down time. It kind of feels like an unexpected day off of work. Enjoy not grinding!

Eagleknight
09-05-2016, 12:00 AM
Weekend bad for game to be down especially a holiday weekend. Any info yet on what's actually being done? Would really be nice for an update from someone in the know. I just hate being a mushroom ��

Aristo4
09-05-2016, 12:09 AM
I demand 500 ironite, 666k gold and 10 rare souls to compensate for the lost day:eek:

aur0ra85
09-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Sounds like an update, devs are always lips sealed on update day lol.
That's where my money goes.

Coletrain
09-05-2016, 03:15 AM
Sounds like an update, devs are always lips sealed on update day lol.
That's where my money goes.

Perhaps a change in strategy then after repeatedly pushing back the opening of the time rifts and having the community be frustrated. Surprise update that we didn't know about beforehand.

Kaijester
09-05-2016, 05:02 AM
Back online :D with 135 ironites freebies, and 1 sand of times.

PerthEddie
09-05-2016, 10:12 AM

I still can't get in :( I think this is a week now.

Aristo4
09-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Back online :D with 135 ironites freebies, and 1 sand of times.

At least we got something

Jennie-5128
09-05-2016, 04:32 PM
I still can't get in :( I think this is a week now.
I'm still stuck at 75% loading bug :(

* hug *

Eptapsyxos
09-05-2016, 08:06 PM
After huge success of the game Metallica consider to hire the company to create a game for them.
Crash them all!!! It will be call the game.

Sidney
09-05-2016, 09:34 PM
If the downtime was spent introducing more bugs into the game than you accomplished your mission. Bonuses for everyone involved!!! I can't count how many times this game has hung on me and I lose the following:
1. The trooper I was using... so no game benefit because I was about to finish a level...and no trooper points. (Glad you had the presence of mind to remember I used that trooper when the game hung and have to wait another day to use him again... That's a nice bonus!!)
2. The Ironite I've invested bringing my team back during the process.
3. The Sands of time that were wasted.
4. And no gold chest of 3* shards that you probably weren't going to award in the first place.

If you are going to have a game with tons of bugs, you can at least nullify everything about that round if the game hangs and doesn't report a Win/Lose at the end. Just leaving the round in a hung state to the point where all you can do is leave the match and make it look like you "Quit" is nonsense!! People spend time and money on this game and you have an obligation to deliver better than this!! I know fixing bugs is an ongoing process but at least TRY and act like you care. How about an "Apology award" every day of 500 ironite and 10 x 3* shards... (Your choice on color but different color every day) until you can get this game into a stable state.

Ranting... I know... But just frustrated!! Make it right!!!

Kaijester
09-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Zero hang for me today, I suggest to check your shards and runes inventory for duplicated stacks and remove one of those. Duplicated stacks had cause multiple freeze upon winning for me.

PerthEddie
09-05-2016, 11:49 PM
I'm still stuck at 75% loading bug :(

* hug *

* hug * back :)

Have you had any updates on your call Jennie? Mine was looked at fairly quick but I don't have the same data corruption that was causing this problem before. I sent an email on Friday asking for an update but not heard anything back at all. I know support are really busy but I can't help but feel frustrated as I really want to play the game!! I am sure it will be fixed soon - just have to be a bit more patient :)

jpmusic
09-06-2016, 01:31 AM
* hug * back :)

Have you had any updates on your call Jennie? Mine was looked at fairly quick but I don't have the same data corruption that was causing this problem before. I sent an email on Friday asking for an update but not heard anything back at all. I know support are really busy but I can't help but feel frustrated as I really want to play the game!! I am sure it will be fixed soon - just have to be a bit more patient :)

I guess if anyone of us here has the right to be mad is Jennie, she has been having issues with the game for quite a while now... :( it's very sad that people that are really interested on playing the game just can't do it. I've been out for two weeks because of Android N, and despite us begging for updates (just a small memo everyday to see how they're doing) we still have no information on how a lot of bugs are being figured out. The last update to the game was on August 19th, I think it's time for a real update, not just small server maintenance stuff.

hanZ
09-06-2016, 10:36 AM
I still experience some crashes/freezes especially in the new dungeon. Yesterday my trooper-points-counter got stuck at 4850, collected more points still 4850 and not able to buy a shard. Drop rates of rainbow-3*-runes, evolution shard, and 3*shards are now at 0.01% (feels like that) - this was an intended "fix", i guess? One step forward and two steps back ....

AmBush-UK
09-06-2016, 10:37 AM
After huge success of the game Metallica consider to hire the company to create a game for them.
Crash them all!!! It will be call the game.

1031 Gotta laugh, afterall games are SUPPOSED to be fun

The Educated fool
09-06-2016, 07:24 PM
I don't mind the down time. It kind of feels like an unexpected day off of work. Enjoy not grinding!

This is the most telling and disturbing quote I've read here for a few reasons. Most notably though, because I can easily identify with it.

As people have said, endless grinding is simply the way this game is (and it's anything but unique to this game and rather more of a core staple of many freemium games in general, I well know) but should the game ever come to feel like work? I know, in the past, that whenever a game came to feel like work to me I took it as a sign to move on to something else, be it another game or otherwise. It's disturbing that this game could have come to feel anything like work to me this soon.

I agree (as has been discussed by many, ad nauseam) that the 3* evolution shard drop rate is the main culprit here... with so many characters that could potentially be levelled up, the drop rate feels really discouraging and prohibitive, and I think it's easily going to be the biggest factor when it comes to explaining why people give up on the game (major bugs aside--I have been fortunate to have avoided any of those so far).

*shrugs* I'm not ready to stop playing by a long shot anyway though, grind or not, so, to topic: the ironite was a nice welcome back gesture. :cool:

OpticSugar
09-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Educated Fool:

I couldn't have said that any better...

BillLion
09-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Educated Fool:

I couldn't have said that any better...

Ditto. I was surprised to feel that way myself that when I posted my comment the other day.

I'm not giving up yet either though. For the time being I'll keep punching the clock and hoping for the best as the game continues to improve and evolve. ;)

Leviathan
09-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone!

Since it was asked here a couple times I thought I'd just clarify the purpose of this most recent update. Sunday's server maintenance was a necessary behind-the-scenes infrastructure improvement, and did not solve any current bugs in the game. Apologies for any confusion regarding this!

I hope that helps.

Vaseodin
09-08-2016, 11:37 PM
This is the most telling and disturbing quote I've read here for a few reasons. Most notably though, because I can easily identify with it.

As people have said, endless grinding is simply the way this game is (and it's anything but unique to this game and rather more of a core staple of many freemium games in general, I well know) but should the game ever come to feel like work? I know, in the past, that whenever a game came to feel like work to me I took it as a sign to move on to something else, be it another game or otherwise. It's disturbing that this game could have come to feel anything like work to me this soon.

I agree (as has been discussed by many, ad nauseam) that the 3* evolution shard drop rate is the main culprit here... with so many characters that could potentially be levelled up, the drop rate feels really discouraging and prohibitive, and I think it's easily going to be the biggest factor when it comes to explaining why people give up on the game (major bugs aside--I have been fortunate to have avoided any of those so far).

*shrugs* I'm not ready to stop playing by a long shot anyway though, grind or not, so, to topic: the ironite was a nice welcome back gesture. :cool:

Wow, exactly on point !