PDA

View Full Version : Fear Inoculum Thoughts

Nuke_Happy
08-30-2019, 11:27 PM
For all of the tool fans hear, thoughts on the new album?

druid138
08-30-2019, 11:34 PM
I'm in quarantine until I can find the perfect time to listen to the whole thing with 100% attention. Do you know if it is available on physical CD in a standard (not limited) edition? I've only seen the limited edition for sale online.

AhabsHarpoon
08-30-2019, 11:40 PM
I'm in quarantine until I can find the perfect time to listen to the whole thing with 100% attention. Do you know if it is available on physical CD in a standard (not limited) edition? I've only seen the limited edition for sale online.

Druid- I'm in the same boat. Got my deluxe CD in the mail and the packaging is REMARKABLE. Waiting till tonight to listen to it uninterrupted with headphones.

druid138
08-31-2019, 12:38 AM
Druid- I'm in the same boat. Got my deluxe CD in the mail and the packaging is REMARKABLE. Waiting till tonight to listen to it uninterrupted with headphones.

Do you know if the deluxe CD is the only option? It's sold out everywhere, unless I want to pay $170 or more. I don't see a standard packaging option anywhere.

AhabsHarpoon
08-31-2019, 04:24 AM
Druid-
I've heard nothing of the sort. Bought the deluxe for $40 and honestly, I'm glad I did. I don't see why they wouldn't but TOOL has always been unpredictable. Wishing you luck in obtaining a CD at a realistic price.

NyBSfP
09-04-2019, 01:05 AM
Been listening to it for days. Blasting in my ears when I saw this actually. Worth the wait and gets better each listen. I did delete the digital version intermissions though - never had much patience for those

Esquatcho
09-04-2019, 04:26 AM
I did delete the digital version intermissions though - never had much patience for those

How did you do that!?

Ironstyle
09-04-2019, 05:40 PM
It's decent. Not their best, but worthy of many listens. I personally feel like Fear Inoculum is the weakest song on the album. The rest are far better.

My biggest issue with the album are the intermission tracks (I feel they are pointless) and the fact that the entire album doesn't seem to veer off of the same tempo, thus making the album 'drag' a little. As individual songs, they are pretty good. I realize this is only my opinion, though. Die hard Tool fans will probably love this album. Since I'm not a die hard fan, I only like it. Culling Voices and 7empest are my favorite tracks.

NyBSfP
09-04-2019, 10:21 PM
How did you do that!?

On iTunes - I just held the track until an option to remove it came up. I may add them back later (show complete album becomes an option to redownload deleted tracks), but for now I just want the songs

NyBSfP
09-04-2019, 10:26 PM
It's decent. Not their best, but worthy of many listens. I personally feel like Fear Inoculum is the weakest song on the album. The rest are far better.

My biggest issue with the album are the intermission tracks (I feel they are pointless) and the fact that the entire album doesn't seem to veer off of the same tempo, thus making the album 'drag' a little. As individual songs, they are pretty good. I realize this is only my opinion, though. Die hard Tool fans will probably love this album. Since I'm not a die hard fan, I only like it. Culling Voices and 7empest are my favorite tracks.

Everyone has their different tastes. I will say, this is not an album you can half listen to (meaning being distracted). If you walk or hike or just chill in the car, blast it and listen. There is so much going on and the songs are so long, it can take a few listens to get it all. The last few minutes of each are usually the cement too

Ironstyle
09-04-2019, 11:05 PM
Agreed. I've listened to it without distractions about four times now. I still feel the same about it. Again, it's certainly a good album, just not my favorite of theirs. I tend to gravitate toward more up-beat tempo stuff anyway, so it's natural for me to not be in love with this album. Despite that, it was still worth every penny I spent and the time listening to it. It will definitely get a few more spins before it gets lodged into the shuffled rotation of all my other music.

kkkreg5
09-05-2019, 12:55 AM

I've heard from the local shoppes that the "regular" CD release will be sometime in November. For now, listening to the iTunes version. I've listened to twice with a few breaks. It's good. For drum lovers, like me, Chocolate Chip Trip is great!!

Ironstyle
09-05-2019, 03:12 PM
I've heard from the local shoppes that the "regular" CD release will be sometime in November. For now, listening to the iTunes version. I've listened to twice with a few breaks. It's good. For drum lovers, like me, Chocolate Chip Trip is great!!

Fellow drum-lover and drummer. Chocolate Chip Trip is awesome. In fact, the whole album, percussion-wise, is hella fun to listen to. Danny Carey is what keeps me going back to any Tool album, to be honest.

druid138
11-13-2019, 11:02 PM
I just got an email about this upcoming physical release. Hallelujah! It won't last long, I'm sure.

https://shop.cosm.org/collections/tool/products/fear-inoculum