GotN
09-21-2019, 08:18 AM

Really NF??? You can’t be serious about that! :mad:

edsel
09-21-2019, 10:05 AM
Wait til Soccer Eddie. LLOOOL

Zugzwang
09-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Released just in time for the Dallas show...

wipp
09-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Brokeback mountain ed

Bakura
09-21-2019, 06:28 PM
Brokeback mountain ed
wipp's favorite movie.... he came out shortly after the movie did.

Btw.... Those of us from Texas support this Ed...... too bad there's not more ironite and a 12 month membership to the NRA included!

wipp
09-21-2019, 07:27 PM
In real life bakura wears a cowboy hat and a moustashe.

GotN
09-21-2019, 07:46 PM
😂🤣😂 hilarious!!!

AhabsHarpoon
09-21-2019, 11:56 PM
When did Iron Maiden sing about Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead????? LAME

Bakura
09-22-2019, 01:06 AM
In real life bakura wears a cowboy hat and a moustashe.

In an alternate life, wipp knows how to spell "mustache."

When did Iron Maiden sing about Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead????? LAME
That's awesome!
Yeah, Rick "Ed" Grimes' fury move is that he mistakes wipp for Shane and kicks his arse for bangin' his ol' lady.....while wearing a cowboy hat and a mustache!
(season2.....minus the mustache)

Bakura
09-22-2019, 01:17 AM
The Lone Star Ed is because, they are recording a live album on this leg of the tour, and there's a part on there where
Bruce says..... "Scream for me Houston.......... SCREEEEEEEEEEAM FOR ME HOUSTON!!!!!!"

(it could happen)
.....wipp!

Nuke_Happy
09-22-2019, 05:02 PM
On a side note, can anyone post his actual abilities? Or a we just going to continue the you-know-what measuring contest of how “Texas” you are?

Yup
09-22-2019, 05:25 PM
here ya go...

He's pretty much on par with the other 3 star eds they've released recently.. Snowball from the Airstrip dungeon.. Gangland... Not quite as good as Ed Hunter though.

Rory
09-22-2019, 07:17 PM
here ya go...

Hmm, perfect accuracy for the duration.

There's a few ally chars with skills that do extra damage or other effects if they have perfect accuracy on them.

Might be a useful combo with them.

Can't remember offhand which characters have that ability though, lol.

GotN
09-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Hmm, perfect accuracy for the duration.

Can't remember offhand which characters have that ability though, lol.

As Passive I think only yellow Minotaur has it.

Rory
09-22-2019, 08:11 PM
Ah, found one of the characters that has it. Assassin Anubis. If they have perfect accuracy, then their basic attack will gain 3 power and an extra turn, then remove perfect accuracy from themselves.

Might be other characters that have abilities like that, which would work well with this Lone Star Ed.

Bakura
09-22-2019, 10:11 PM
On a side note, can anyone post his actual abilities? Or a we just going to continue the you-know-what measuring contest of how “Texas” you are?
I apologize for using this thread to display personal ribbing w/ wipp. We usually keep it strictly for private messages.
I really was intending on defending the new Ed. Even if he sux, I like collecting them.

I'm sure when people make homophobic references to where you're from, you might make a defense, too. 😁

Btw, Iron Maiden is playing my hometown today!

Nuke_Happy
09-23-2019, 12:50 AM
Hell yeah! Also, wasn’t bothered at all, was just interested in the abilities, and wanted to add to the banter!

Bakura
09-23-2019, 07:13 AM
Hell yeah! Also, wasn’t bothered at all, was just interested in the abilities, and wanted to add to the banter!
Cool, 👍!
Yeah, I don't expect much from some of these instant buy Eddies, and I havent gotten this one yet, but his abilities look alot more in depth than some of the previous ones, especially Gangland... he's seriously lacking.
Some of these could come in handy for challenges regarding abilities.

Blade
09-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Honestly this sh!t brings me pretty close to deleting the app. One of the central goals is to collect all characters. To do so, you would need to invest 75 € (20€ gangland, 20€ ed hunter, 10€ tour 2019, 20€ lone star, 5€ sirius) !!! And very likely more to come...

As I wrote in another thread:
This game was a happy free-to-play adventure at the start, went to mild pay-to-win (Arena) to heavy pay-to-win (Gauntlet) and now to pay-to-collect (pay-only-characters) and pay-to-play (expensive dungeons) to squeeze almost all kind of players. Really sad!

@devs: Is there a plan that these pay-only-characters will ever show up in regular souls or e.g. heroics?

Volrath
09-23-2019, 03:40 PM
I doubt the pay characters will ever show up in the game proper, the people who actually put out the money would be pissed. I'd get these Eddies if the price were lower, anything over 10 USD just isn't happening. Especially when the other resources included are so light. You can get more gold and skill shards just from an evening of playing the game normally.

Blade
09-23-2019, 03:49 PM
For talis it used to be that way: Get them for money only first, and make them available some time later. So you can give the spenders an advantage at first, but make some more fairplay and even grounds later on. Would make sense to me to apply the same thing to these characters. But unfortunately this game is getting farer away from fairplay every week. I really appreciate that we have no ads in the game though, but if this is the consequence, I would rather have a video once in a while to generate more income.

Bakura
09-23-2019, 10:33 PM
In the app store the game says "Free to play" and it is... somewhat. This is more of a "bait and switch".... cuz one eventually discovers that a player cannot truely progress fast enough or keep up with the norm (the fear of missing out) unless they make in app purchases.
The developers know this, it's designed this way.

You are in it for fun, they are in it for $.

This is why complaints about having to buy, falls on deaf ears.
As we speak, marketing is devising new ways to keep players engaged, while playing on their emotions, in order to generate revenue.
People need to let go of the idea of free.
Movies aren't free.
PlayStation games aren't free.
Not much in life is free.... except sitting in the corner twiddling our thumbs.

No company cares about you, and are gonna supply your happiness for free.
People pay for happiness.... companies just want your money.
Sad but true.
Im just exposing truth. Once we understand how things really are, we stop getting pissed expecting this game to be something that it is not... free.

What pisses me off is paying good money, and getting a broken product in return. Those arena challenges were not easy when the AI ignores the rules.

Muzzleloader
09-23-2019, 10:54 PM
The game early on was more of a free game while still being somewhat competitive. It is just ramping up on free to play and pay to stay competitive. There are more people playing now. This morning I had only completed level e in gauntlet and was ranked about 9800. It has been shown with money and a few weeks you can be in top 10 in the arena.

The owners need to generate money to continue offer the game. That is how a freemium game operates.

wipp
09-24-2019, 12:20 AM
6291 hurry its only 19.99

Bakura
09-24-2019, 02:56 AM
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣😂😂😂😂😊🤣🤣😂😂😂😊🤣😂😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅 😅😅😅😅😅😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😅😅😅😅😘😅😘😅😅😅😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😁😁😁😁😁😁😁!!!

scott-5496
09-24-2019, 09:46 AM
I may still go for the pack. I dont mind the odd payment and at the moment I am buying the character packs - I really do not mind much but what it does is means that I get the character and spend on nothign else - just not willing to spend too much. I understand for many anything is too much and I get that. But I can, so I do....from time to time on these packs. We all have to hope that others do the same or the game dies - the player base may be expanding with the tour (and the fact Maiden will headline Donington/Download next year with the current set - which may also lead to them doing the same in other countries at their festivals...I would not be surprised as it has went down so well everywhere) but they need all these new guys to buy, buy , buy.

I thin kthis is what we see so many low level players doing pretty well in arena - they are buying (or being very lucky) - so weird to see these low level guys give my level 100 kids accounts a run for the money in the arena as they have pulled a few decent top level characters. You are like WOW and then you play them and they get one hit deaths because they simply have the characters and not the talisman for example.

It is all good though and there is greta fun to be had at the lower levels in the arena this week using my kids accounts.....way more fun than the higher levels that is for sure!

GotN
09-24-2019, 09:51 AM
hurry its only 19.99

OMG 😂😂🤣🤣😂😂 This is in so many ways one of the best parodies I’ve ever seen! Thank you so much for that hard laugh 😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂

GotN
09-24-2019, 10:02 AM
and the fact Maiden will headline Donington/Download next year with the current set - which may also lead to them doing the same in other countries at their festivals

I’m hoping sooo much that they will headline W:O:A again next year. Would pretty good fit in with their tour, as the whole festival is under mayan motto :cool:

Bakura
09-25-2019, 12:28 AM
I may still go for the pack. I dont mind the odd payment and at the moment I am buying the character packs - I really do not mind much but what it does is means that I get the character and spend on nothign else - just not willing to spend too much. I understand for many anything is too much and I get that. But I can, so I do....from time to time on these packs. We all have to hope that others do the same or the game dies - the player base may be expanding with the tour (and the fact Maiden will headline Donington/Download next year with the current set - which may also lead to them doing the same in other countries at their festivals...I would not be surprised as it has went down so well everywhere) but they need all these new guys to buy, buy , buy.

I thin kthis is what we see so many low level players doing pretty well in arena - they are buying (or being very lucky) - so weird to see these low level guys give my level 100 kids accounts a run for the money in the arena as they have pulled a few decent top level characters. You are like WOW and then you play them and they get one hit deaths because they simply have the characters and not the talisman for example.

It is all good though and there is greta fun to be had at the lower levels in the arena this week using my kids accounts.....way more fun than the higher levels that is for sure!

Alot of good stuff in what you said.
I was going to get that $30 pack w/ 100 each of the colored shards..... I figured you'd probably spend that much in ironite and FC coins just to grind for half of what the pak supplies... plus, the time you'd save. But I will opt to get the Brokeback.......hmmm, I mean Lone Star Ed Buckarrooos! Yeee Haw!!!!
Just to keep the collection going.

And yes, the lower ranks of Arena are much more fun. For starters, the AI defense boost is counter balanced by us having most or all of the relics... which means we might have a chance to win... even with the AI ignoring passives etc. (Bugs)
The best part is battling against all kinds of different toons.... unlike the same cookie cutter teams at the top. (Same battle over and over)
I actually used Angel Ed for the Gunner challenge and I kept using him for all the challenges. I got a good experience with him.... never used him that much before. So, I like to change things up, don't care about ranking.... so Angel Ed became my new current Arena Ed. I know Gambler is badass, but I got burned out on him along time ago.
What's funny is when certain toons piss you off so much in PvP, that you actually get a personal hatred for the toon and never want to use them. It took me awhile to get over hating Hallowed ED and Alchemist after last summer. LOL:cool:

wipp
09-25-2019, 01:02 AM
Thanks gotn,glad u got a laugh out of it. Bakura i cant seem to stop using gambler, his passive disable move is worth its weight in gold

Bakura
09-25-2019, 02:54 AM
Thanks gotn,glad u got a laugh out of it. Bakura i cant seem to stop using gambler, his passive disable move is worth its weight in gold

I figured w/ the use of Singularities, it wouldn't be such a big deal anymore. I personally find his attack increase due to negs from KP and Malakhov, to be his biggest feature. His damage w/ negs applied is probably what they nerfed. With that damage and the AI boost..... the whole team gets destroyed.

I think the last couple of times I finished in the top 3 in arena, I used Gambler (since the day he was released)..... I just got burned out on using the same toon for over 1,600 manual battles. Ranking is one thing..... but I try to still have fun, so trying new toons is more appealing. My last Eddie was Flight of Icarus Ed..... he's fun.

Speaking of nerfing Gambler, did they nerf Trooper talis too. They seem different. Labrynth was sucking on my Set and Raven witch, so I stopped using them, but going against toons w/ Labs in this current event, it takes like 10 minutes to wear them down.... I just skip teams w/ Labs.... it's not fun.

Segoy
09-25-2019, 05:06 AM
I just skip teams w/ Labs.... it's not fun.

How do you know what talismans troops will have before entering the actual battle? I can see their talis only in the battle, when it is too late to skip this player/team.

Yup
09-25-2019, 05:18 AM
How do you know what talismans troops will have before entering the actual battle? I can see their talis only in the battle, when it is too late to skip this player/team.

You can't. It's all "best guess".

For example. I tend to skip teams with Major Malkoawhatever just in case the team also has singularity talismans somewhere. He's just annoying unless you can disable passives. .... I can beat the teams, but it takes too long. (Same goes for Dark Lilith but not as much since Charlotte + Orbit talismans nullifies her a great deal)

Bakura
09-25-2019, 08:59 AM
During this Arena event, I battled mostly below the top 100. It was 99% chance that every Raven Witch, Set and a few Killer Beasts, would have Labs.

Also, in the Revenge list, you remember which ones had what, and just skip them if it's just not worth it.
They either boosted the Labs, or most likely the AI's Lab blocking %...... or they nerfed them on our attacking side.
I find my self saying " Really? I have the same toon w/ the same talis and it doesn't work like that for me!"
Btw, mostly using T3 cosmics and have all the relics for arena offense.

Segoy
09-25-2019, 09:25 AM

Both Yup and Bakura - Thanks.

It is good then I am only around position 2500-2700 in Arena.:) (rank at the moment 1726)

Major Whatever - indeed.

No Charlote in my rooster.:(((

Natasmai
09-25-2019, 06:47 PM
I figured w/ the use of Singularities, it wouldn't be such a big deal anymore. I personally find his attack increase due to negs from KP and Malakhov, to be his biggest feature. His damage w/ negs applied is probably what they nerfed. With that damage and the AI boost..... the whole team gets destroyed.

I assume they nerfed that, but I still one shot just about anything with that move. Also, the new Magus Shadowborne stacks a ton of burns, so that helps the neg counter a lot if you are looking for a gambler partner. Obviously, Killer Prime is still partner #1 since he clears most positive buffs and applies his own negs.

Yup
09-25-2019, 06:51 PM
They either boosted the Labs, or most likely the AI's Lab blocking %...... or they nerfed them on our attacking side.

Agreed. Something is much more impenetrable about the labyrinths AT TIMES. Then other times they seem to block net to nothing on the player side.

Nuke_Happy
09-26-2019, 11:21 PM
Somewhat unrelated, but can I just say viper talismans are the shiz. Their negative effects PLUS KP dominate with gambler Ed (trooper experience). Btw do think u could analyze my current pvp team? My ID is EggsBenedict-2385 and I’m running pharaoh Ed,KP, M Derby Demon and AOD

Bakura
10-01-2019, 02:27 AM
300 free ironite
https://tinyurl.com/yxsx8sv6

or enter this code:
WVX5A-47R83-7REQB