PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Strike (Arena) - Battle in the Arena for Fallen Angel Fragments!

Leviathan
09-22-2019, 12:06 AM

Earn Fallen Angel Fragments, Iron Coins and Rare Talisman Key Souls by completing challenges in the Arena!

From now until September 28th at 5 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for completing specific objectives in the Arena before the event is over. Objectives include winning Arena battles using only Basic Attacks, as well as using specific classes.

Fallen Angel Fragments won in the Arena can be used to purchase exclusive items in the Event Store, including the Lord of Light himself! You can find out more in the Lord of Light Mega-Event post.

Winning Arena battles while inflicting specific positive effects will reward you with Rare Talisman Key Souls!

Summon the Talisman Key Soul in the Book of Souls to receive a Talisman Key, which will automatically unlock the Cosmic Talisman Dungeon in the Time Rift!

Be warned! This dungeon is not for the faint of heart. The Cosmic Talisman dungeon cranks up the difficulty and offers up an extra challenge by randomly generating **Natural 5-Star Only Class Restrictions (Warrior, Magus, Sentinel, Gunner, or Assassin ONLY).

See the Challenge menu for full details!

**BONUS: For the duration of the Strategic Strike event, Eternity Soul Fragments you earn from the weekly Arena resets can be traded for Frontier Coins and Eternity Talismans!

Eternity Talismans are purple talismans with a 5 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set for the following effects: Grant Perfect Hit to all allies at the start of battle for 2 turns. Grant Physical, Magic, and True Block to self for 1 turn if Perfect Hit, Regen, or Charge is present at the start of your turn. Remove All Beneficial Effects, including Golden Effects, Stun, and inflict Perfect Disable for 1 turn on a random enemy if Passive Disable is active on any enemy at the start of your turn. Fully heal and removes Doom effects from all enemies if the wearer of this talisman has the Shawl of Styx passive.

Finally, we have a couple additional deals on offer for the duration of this event!

Prepare your team for battle! An All-Class Power Up pack is available now. Pick one up to get Ironite, Gold, a Skill Shard and 20 5* Colourless XP Shards.
Eternity Relics are purchasable with Gold in the Event Store!

Eternity Relics grant players up to a 50% increase in HP, Attack and Magic stats in the Arena for a limited time. There are two kinds: Eternity Arms (Increase Stats on your Arena Offense Team) and Eternity Armor (Increase Stats on your Arena Defense Team).

Please note: Each Eternity Relic can be purchased twice and will expire 2 weeks after they are purchased (Note: Earning additional levels of these Relics will refresh the timer!). These Relics will not increase stats in the Gauntlet.

infinite dreamer
09-22-2019, 01:36 AM
I went with an weak Eddie with a couple Warrior Undead Rescuers to make it easier for people to trigger fury or hit the power move challenges. Good luck everyone!

bort
09-22-2019, 02:28 AM
I like this event much better than the "win x arena fights" style.

rags-6094
09-22-2019, 03:58 AM
Alex put taunt on defences Raven Witch now it’s stuck in a never ending loop. Between my Charlotte with trooper Talisman producing PI and Raven Witch not being able to apply her fury... back to the drawing board for this please Devs!

Amarthir
09-22-2019, 04:12 AM
Anyone else getting a decent amount of connection errors?

Then again my phone's internet has been crap since I moved into my new apartment so it could be me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

URock
09-22-2019, 07:35 AM
I didn't received my rewards from the weekly arena reset. Is there anything I can do except opening a ticket?

slauki
09-22-2019, 08:02 AM
Alex put taunt on defences Raven Witch now it’s stuck in a never ending loop. Between my Charlotte with trooper Talisman producing PI and Raven Witch not being able to apply her fury... back to the drawing board for this please Devs!

this is such a stupid mechanic, how about to put a cap on extra turns like 2? or to decrease the chances of an extra turn with every additional hit, like they did back in the days with assassin troll.

arena is just the worst and least enjoyable game mode for me. top 50 have all almost the same annoying team that takes up to 5 or more minutes to beat, at least for me. 100 wins is okay, but still it feels like a torture with all these additional requirements. i put on good old coalgiver and 3 hearts, hopefully we will see a few fun or/lone eddie defenses again...

Yup
09-22-2019, 08:25 AM
I'm flipping back and forth between a Lone Star + All Shardborne defense and normal defense.. will do so for a few hours each day.

But... I pulled off all the achievements except the 100 wins, in a couple hours and only saw a handful of weaker defenses. At first I though.. "You've got to be kidding" All gunners.. how the hell can that compete.. but, it's actually surprisingly easy as long as you avoid certain characters on enemy teams.

And for the record.. using Trooper talismans on ANY character used for PvP is one of the LEAST strategic moves one can make. :)

HK-47
09-22-2019, 08:35 AM
And for the record.. using Trooper talismans on ANY character used for PvP is one of the LEAST strategic moves one can make. :)

Oh yeah, for sure. I encountered some a couple weeks back in a Gauntlet battle. By chance I had brought along Raven Witch for that fight. He he he he...

URock
09-22-2019, 10:15 AM
Too many strong teams out there (thanks to all egoistic and noob gamers). I hope to earn some achievements in the next days. PvP is such a waste of time, because of lame rewards and all these fckg bugs. The most thing I hate are the active buffs after killing toons. Good to see some intelligent players here, who post these bugs and give strategies and help to get a minimum of fun out of this game.

osiris0000
09-22-2019, 10:17 AM
It could've been nicer if there was an option to buy eternity talismans with ironite like on other events. Usually there is an offer with 500 ironite to get 1 or 2 talismans of the set. I have enough fragments for 3 talismans only, and no other option for a full set.

GotN
09-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Set Coalgiver+2 Hearts+Gold Idol. Wish more would do so. Didn’t see many. Have fun everybody!

Muzzleloader
09-22-2019, 11:59 AM
Does anyone have the problem that after about 3 or 4 battles in the arena the screen goes black when trying to engage in another battle? Then you have to log out and restart the game.

waymo
09-22-2019, 01:00 PM
yeah I've had that loads of times

Ip4
09-22-2019, 01:48 PM
Does anyone have the problem that after about 3 or 4 battles in the arena the screen goes black when trying to engage in another battle? Then you have to log out and restart the game.

Few times everyday,very annoying bug

R1ck
09-22-2019, 02:13 PM
Yes, every three or four fights, very annoying; and they program an event while arena is so buggy.

Ip4
09-22-2019, 02:35 PM
No single defense in arena so i will put my best team than...

wipp
09-22-2019, 03:02 PM
I have a lone ed on

Muzzleloader
09-22-2019, 03:03 PM
I tried a weak defense also, only 4 out of 29 reciprocated the approach. I guess the time of weak defense during events are gone.

wipp
09-22-2019, 03:10 PM
They need to make a universal key good for any dungon.would be nice instead of a talisman key for arena reward

Maiden
09-22-2019, 03:27 PM
lone eddDefense up!

real_schweiger
09-22-2019, 04:18 PM
The "best" Arena challenges as far as I am on the game. I never liked that "win xyz battles", this time it feels fine.
As some users mentioned, the defense of most players is still on top. Probably things will change the next days.
I´m running IM Ed with 3 hearts on defense, hoping to get the accuracy thing in time :D

Happy fighting
Johnny-9737

Muzzleloader
09-22-2019, 04:33 PM
You can use red bomber boy on your warrior team for accuracy up and warrior team. Bomber boy passive gives accuracy up to all allies.

Alvorada
09-22-2019, 04:37 PM
Put weak defense, have fun everyone.

These days I see no point in try to compete on Arena, too many bugs.

GotN
09-22-2019, 04:47 PM
You can use red bomber boy on your warrior team for accuracy up and warrior team. Bomber boy passive gives accuracy up to all allies.

He’s also very good for doing power ability. Costs 4, get 3 back and chance of extra turn :cool:

wipp
09-22-2019, 04:48 PM
I used witch doctor

FBomb
09-22-2019, 06:51 PM
The "best" Arena challenges as far as I am on the game. I never liked that "win xyz battles", this time it feels fine.

Agree 100%! It was so annoying not being able to collect the talisman sets in the past just because you weren't playing the arena all the time. This time it's great!

R1ck
09-22-2019, 07:11 PM
This is shown before the screen goes black and a restart is needed to be able to play again.

GotN
09-22-2019, 07:33 PM
Seen this screen with the many 8888s also several times. Fortunately it went back itself to normal and I didn’t have to restart. Don’t know the reason why. Play on iOS.

Ezz
09-22-2019, 09:15 PM
It could've been nicer if there was an option to buy eternity talismans with ironite like on other events. Usually there is an offer with 500 ironite to get 1 or 2 talismans of the set. I have enough fragments for 3 talismans only, and no other option for a full set.

Yeah I just cashed in eternity frags for a useless sac soul like 2-3 days ago. I don’t have a set of eternities and could really have used these. Now I have no way to get them thanks to bad timing. Weak

rags-6094
09-23-2019, 05:10 AM
If you use Icarus Eddie he has a power move to put accuracy up on the whole team in one go, and he’s a gunner...
Maclo Robo scout sorts out titan shield in just a few battles..

I have been restarting arena about 4 or 5 times a day and I usually only have 10 to 15 battles a day...

Has anybody beat the defence team and then a few if not all of your team spontaneously combusts? This has happened to me dozens of times just recently is this a new Talisman I’m not familiar with or another bug?

Turns my wins into draws half the time...:mad:

Segoy
09-23-2019, 07:42 AM
Yes, I also set Coalgiver (only because he was the very first in line) and 3 hearts. I will be like that until Wed/Thu, then I will start doing the Arena missions myself (I hope to fall down in ranks enough by that time - so please - beat me down:) ).

SinGularity-8786
09-23-2019, 08:37 AM
You should not wait to beat weak defenses. My 2 low accounts show me there are only strong defenses up in mid and low range too.

Inishmore
09-23-2019, 08:43 AM
I think this is the best Arena event so far. Until now I have no bugs and I really like the idea of having to use different teams and setups. I have my cra(p)b defence up and running and will continue to do so for this event.

scott-5496
09-23-2019, 10:01 AM
I have a weak defence too but not seeing many others. Oh well no worries I am sure I will get the event done. Agree with others - this is better than doing 100s to get event targets.

Natasmai
09-23-2019, 12:02 PM
You should not wait to beat weak defenses. My 2 low accounts show me there are only strong defenses up in mid and low range too.

That range you show is still "high end" You wont normally find "easy" teams anywhere above 2500. If you want truly easy teams, you need to be under 2000 rating I would think.

Mateja
09-23-2019, 03:40 PM
I have more of these below. I know that after a few back and forth attacks it usually does this but I've not attacked most of them more than once.

Kinda sucks because I'm finding lone Eds and weak defences only in my defense list.

Volrath
09-23-2019, 03:42 PM
I really appreciate the changes made to the typical arena event. It's actually fun! Got me to try out some new line-ups.

Blade
09-23-2019, 03:45 PM
I have more of these below. I know that after a few back and forth attacks it usually does this but I've not attacked most of them more than once.
Kinda sucks because I'm finding lone Eds and weak defences only in my defense list.

Only 2 revenges per player and 20 revenges in total per day!

Mateja
09-23-2019, 03:49 PM
Oh, didn't know there was a limit to total revenges. Nothing wrong then (except all the bugs that make arena a major pain in the ass hehe).

wipp
09-23-2019, 03:50 PM
As long as i been playing in arena.the cant revenge still confuzes me sometimes. But im guessing its set up that way so players with 2 phones cant piggyback off themselves?

Blade
09-23-2019, 03:54 PM
Oh, didn't know there was a limit to total revenges. Nothing wrong then (except all the bugs that make arena a major pain in the ass hehe).

You're welcome! I would also like to see an increase in that 20/day limit, but this wasn't changed yet.

The changes in that new arena event are really appreciated. First I was sad to see an Arena event on the events list, but with these changes it's fine I think. Was fun to try around some setups and also to see quite a few other fun defenses. Please never ever bring back the old Arena events, thank you!!

Blade
09-23-2019, 03:55 PM
As long as i been playing in arena.the cant revenge still confuzes me sometimes. But im guessing its set up that way so players with 2 phones cant piggyback off themselves?

Yes, that's also the only good reason I see behind that limit!

Mateja
09-23-2019, 04:06 PM
The changes in that new arena event are really appreciated. First I was sad to see an Arena event on the events list, but with these changes it's fine I think. Was fun to try around some setups and also to see quite a few other fun defenses. Please never ever bring back the old Arena events, thank you!!

Agreed on that. I was pretty much ignoring Arena events in the past but this one was pretty fun. Been playing around with some fun builds not including the most op toons and some of them actually worked.
On a side note I noticed that all passives and talisman effects except revives work on the player side as well as the AI after reviving, did I miss it in update notes or is that a bug too?

rags-6094
09-23-2019, 06:57 PM
I made this comment a few pages back but got no response (time differences) has anybody been battling in arena and almost managed a win when some or all of their characters just blow up? No doom, no ghost no particular negative buff applied or defence attacking you even, just as one of my team carries out the final blow the remaining defence team collapses and then a couple or all of my team just explode? Does anybody know if this is a new negative buff or a bug or at least tell me I’m not crazy!

Ip4
09-23-2019, 07:07 PM
Rags is your enemy Dark Lilith?

rags-6094
09-23-2019, 07:10 PM
Could be, I wouldn’t of thought every time though... She’s already dead I use a team for the most part that cannot except silver buffs unless passive disable is active and Alex can’t get PD later in the game...

Alvorada
09-23-2019, 07:18 PM
I made this comment a few pages back but got no response (time differences) has anybody been battling in arena and almost managed a win when some or all of their characters just blow up? No doom, no ghost no particular negative buff applied or defence attacking you even, just as one of my team carries out the final blow the remaining defence team collapses and then a couple or all of my team just explode? Does anybody know if this is a new negative buff or a bug or at least tell me I’m not crazy!

your team was inflicted with mark?

Sometimes I see marks on my team beem trigered while I am atacking. I don't know any passive or talisman capable to do that, but happens sometime.

And offcourse, the true damage caused by marks bypass my orbit talis.

wipp
09-23-2019, 08:00 PM
Dark lilith is what comes to mind for me also

scott-5496
09-23-2019, 08:13 PM
Dark Lilith can hurt you a lot when she dies and revives - it has never killed my whole team or a member of it yet but it gas come close to killing the weaker team member or it may be the person who killed Dark Lilith. It might be that if your team is low in health?

wipp
09-23-2019, 08:17 PM
Im not sure scott.i dont have her but i had 3 of my teammates just explode for no reason that i could see. Its like u die from doom with no mark

Yup
09-23-2019, 08:56 PM
Could also be W Hierophant's passive.... "Absorbs all Physical damage and returns it to all enemies at the end of each turn"

I think there may be a talisman set that does something similar as well. Damned if I can find it though.

I've seen my (beefy and healthy) team self destruct in a similar fashion out of nowhere in the Mayan Dungeon against the Necropolis team.

Esquatcho
09-23-2019, 09:03 PM
Anyone able to confirm if the talismans will be available once we've received our rewards for this week? I've got 125 frags, so will be stuck with 4 if I buy up and they arent avialable after...

Yup
09-23-2019, 09:08 PM
I don't think the talismans are tied to the arena event... other way around.. the current arena event is tied to the LOL event.. meaning... I'd expect the talismans to remain until the end of the LOL event.

Of course, just because I expect it.. doesn't make it so :)

osiris0000
09-23-2019, 09:45 PM
I don't think the talismans are tied to the arena event... other way around.. the current arena event is tied to the LOL event.. meaning... I'd expect the talismans to remain until the end of the LOL event.

Of course, just because I expect it.. doesn't make it so :)

"BONUS: For the duration of the Strategic Strike event, Eternity Soul Fragments you earn from the weekly Arena resets can be traded for Frontier Coins and Eternity Talismans!"

I wish you were right, but what it seems at the event description they will disappear at the reset and many players will be left with half sets (and who knows when they will show up again) Maybe someone will see this thread and push a hotfix or something ;)

wipp
09-23-2019, 10:07 PM
I thought they said they would let us know before they remove things from the store.like a last call,but they removed the nightmoon souls with no warning. I only needed 6 more to get a lol

Yup
09-23-2019, 10:10 PM
Store items REALLY should have a countdown timer.

Muzzleloader
09-23-2019, 10:17 PM
There are working on it, from the Q and A sessions. Store specials from any specific event should also be available several days after the event ends so any one doesnt lose out because them became busy.

purplepeople
09-25-2019, 03:00 AM

I've had it happen to me too a couple of times against a team with FFE with Brave talismans and a Dark Lilith. Dark Lilith has already died, revived, died again, for a couple of rounds. And the Brave revive has already been triggered, then I kill the FFE again and characters on my team start mysteriously exploding. Full health, no marks, no doom, no ghost, just dying. Even Alexander with Orbits, so there's no way that some weird echo of Dark Lilith's passive could even be doing it. It makes no sense.

In fact it happened against that team once after both Dark Lilith and FFE were both down, and all that was left was Charlotte with Vipers. I was down to my own Charlotte, full health, also with Vipers. My Charlotte killed the opposing Charlotte, then exploded too, ending in a draw. No idea why.

zzzoron
09-25-2019, 06:46 AM
I've seen my (beefy and healthy) team self destruct in a similar fashion out of nowhere in the Mayan Dungeon against the Necropolis team.

Same but in the LoL XIII final wave. I think it might be related to having too much "defense against the Dark Arts (silvers). Both times I had extra ( G Annubis, the Ancient Mariner).