PDA

View Full Version : The Cosmos Cup - DEBUT of 5 new Eddies!

Leviathan
09-26-2019, 12:08 AM

In celebration of the South American leg of Iron Maiden’s Legacy of the Beast Tour, we’re introducing 5 new Football themed Eddies!

Complete event challenges and earn Striker Souls for an EXCLUSIVE CHANCE at 5 new Football Eddies, each sporting a different uniform - Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, and West Ham in honour of Steve Harris’s favourite team!

The Cosmos Cup runs until October 15th, 5pm PT. During this time you'll be able to collect the Striker Soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class and has an exclusive chance of summoning any of the 5 Football Eddies!

Striker Souls can be earned in one of three ways:

Complete Event Challenges in the Cosmos to earn Striker Soul Fragments. Getting 200 fragments will earn you a Striker Soul, with up to 10 Souls that can be earned from challenges over the course of the event. Completing event challenges will also allow you to earn a variety of Frontier Keys, as well as Keeper Soul Fragments (Keeper Soul details below)!
Battle in the Cosmos. Each level in the Cosmos worlds is now guaranteed to drop Striker Fragments. See the chart below for details.
The store offers Striker Souls for Ironite in the usual bundle sizes of 1, 3, or 10.

BONUS: Collect Keeper Soul Fragments to get the Football Eddie of your choice. Each Football Eddie is currently available in the Event Store for 600 Keeper Soul Fragments.

Alternatively, if you are unable to earn the 600 Keeper Fragments required to select the Football Eddie of your choice, you can use 500 Keeper Fragments to claim a Keeper Soul. The Keeper Soul will randomly grant one of the 5 Football Eddies.

There are two ways to obtain Keeper Soul Fragments:

Complete Event Challenges. All Cosmos Cup Event Challenges will grant both Striker, and Keeper Fragments.
Summon Striker Souls. Each Striker Soul will grant 10 Keeper Fragments.

You also have the option to trade your Keeper Soul Fragments for a number of limited time items including Skill Shards, Ironite, Catalyst Souls and more.

See the Event Store for all our offers!

CHARACTER DETAILS:

Each Football Eddie has a different class and uniform, but possesses the same set of abilities and stats, including the devastating Fury, MVP. MVP deals 4 hits of Random Damage, Transforms Golden effects into random silver effects, and Grants Ascension and Class Advantage to all allies. It also takes the wind out of enemy defences by reducing their Max HP, and inflicting ATK and DEF Down.

Football Eddie (Chile) (4⭐ Warrior)

Football Eddie (Argentina) (4⭐ Magus)

Football Eddie (Mexico) (4⭐ Sentinel)

Football Eddie (Brazil) (4⭐ Gunner)

Football Eddie (West Ham) (4⭐ Assassin)

Known Issue
Opening a Frontier Key Soul granted via a Master Key Soul immediately after a Master Key Soul is summoned will cause the Book of Souls to freeze.

To prevent this freeze from happening please do the following:

Summon the Master Key Soul (obtainable from Event Challenges)
Exit the Book of Souls
Re-enter the Book of Souls, then summon the Frontier Key Souls you received from the Master Soul

Cefiar
09-26-2019, 12:19 AM
Hi Leviathan,

Is that table right? Seems odd that all the columns have the same values except for Night City. I would have thought they'd scale upwards?

Muzzleloader
09-26-2019, 12:29 AM
They have definetly slowed the pace of releasing toons as they promised in the Q ana A sessions.

SinGularity-8786
09-26-2019, 12:57 AM
Maybe they planned to release one toon per day before QnA. So they slowed down to 20 a month… :)

Cefiar
09-26-2019, 12:57 AM
Well in answer to my own question, the table is correct. I just confirmed the frag drops.

Seems a bit weird, but this means per SoT it's best to farm Wicker Isle. That's solely on SoT though. If you want other rewards, then yeah, farm those other areas of Cosmos.

SinGularity-8786
09-26-2019, 02:13 AM
I use Powerslave. Same rewards same SoT but 5 waves for achievement actions.

Yup
09-26-2019, 04:15 AM
I don't mean to be offensive, but the artwork for these 5 eds.. is not on par with the rest of the app.

Surely the uniforms could have been tattered, ripped, muddied a bit. To look as if they'd been through a "war" of a match....

And the Eds made overall beefier and less "default Poser character" looking.

The Angry birds Eds appear to have MUCH more dev time int he artwork than these 5 IDENTICAL Eds.

Just saying.. it's not like a great deal of dev time when into the 5 variations, so the initial design could have been worked a bit more.

------------

I am an professional artist, just not a game artist. So I assume the artists for your app can take a little constructive criticism.

rags-6094
09-26-2019, 04:34 AM
I must’ve opened 11 or 12 of these souls so far and produced nothing but 3* shit! Why do I bother honestly? I try every time for the last 9 months and not one new character during the event... But I needed some time in the cosmos anyway to farm for much needed resources so it’s not all bad I guess!

Heavy1974
09-26-2019, 05:47 AM
4 Souls, West ham assassin-never been that lucky before

URock
09-26-2019, 05:52 AM
A Football Eddie...5 times...really? Is he shooting balls on enemies? If not: lame design!

Maiden
09-26-2019, 06:07 AM
Most important than anything... thank you for not calling them "Soccer" Eddie xD

Esquatcho
09-26-2019, 06:14 AM
Most important than anything... thank you for not calling them "Soccer" Eddie xD

Hahahahah, agree!

Yup
09-26-2019, 06:15 AM
7 souls... Pulled the Gunner..... No skill shards for him or evo runes for talismans.. but set as champ anyway...

I do have to say.. his animations with the soccer ball.... MUCH better than the actual artwork. Although I still think you could have made the ball a skull or head or something :)

Inishmore
09-26-2019, 06:34 AM

ohhh, how much I agree!!!!!

URock
09-26-2019, 06:35 AM
Football Eddie plays Soccer? Awesome game design!
Football...Soccer...doesn't matter, we know what it is, right?
http://www.uebersetzungalkemist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/lead-1.jpg

Ip4
09-26-2019, 08:09 AM
Why football?

URock
09-26-2019, 08:25 AM
Why football?
Because EVERY possible toon will be developed, no matter if stupid or not.
Wait for: Surf-Eddie, Hockey-Eddie, Motorbiking-Eddie, Rugby-Eddie, Golf-Eddie...look at the tourshirts and you know whats all coming...

URock
09-26-2019, 08:36 AM
Maybe they planned to release one toon per day before QnA. So they slowed down to 20 a month… :)
Made my day :D

URock
09-26-2019, 08:56 AM
This time I'm absolutely not interested into getting a new Eddie.
I need all my Ironite to farm awakening materials. The Football Eddie will be put into hero souls or rare souls.
Event is waste of time.

blade685
09-26-2019, 09:10 AM
soccer eddies now.....ahah

Segoy
09-26-2019, 09:11 AM
1 round of Powerslave with:
Carriage Rider Ed
yello Chopper (enhanced with Flash Tal.) and
red Snowman (Steel and Sun talis)
gave me in challenges progress: +70 in Grant Attack up.... and +46 in Inflict Stun...

Should be done pretty quickly in this way.

Yup
09-26-2019, 09:20 AM
Run anything in the cosmos with Gunner Minotaur and Killer Prime.. that's all you need.

I burned through those 2500 achievements in less than 200 runs in Night City.

Segoy
09-26-2019, 09:37 AM
Killer Prime is a great help, agree.

I don't have have Gunner Minotaur.

Plus I tried to put some lower level toons on this to grind them up in the proces (KP is already at 100). I still need to do the 500 cosmos runs, anyway.:)

scott-5496
09-26-2019, 10:02 AM

Indeed, but they dropped the ball on calling them uniforms! Who else on this planet calls them uniforms? They are strips or at worst kits! If I walked into a shop in the UK and asked for a football 'uniform' I would get laughed out of the place! Small thing but really guys if you are embracing the sport get the lingo right! I know footie ain't big in Canada but come guys!

'Mon the Hoops! Oh and up the Irons!

scott-5496
09-26-2019, 10:11 AM
I am using a few different set ups on my account and the kids accounts.

Phantom Eddie - we all have and are using with .
Horus with Life and Immunity
Sentinel Shinobi

Or for me Phantom
Magus Undead Rescuer with Singularity and Life
KP

Done 56 runs and up to 847 for ATK Up etc and 908 for Stun etc. That is fine for me!

Loads of combinations do well so should be quick - not chasing it too hard as just doing the every day farming/troopers will sort the event targets out no bother.

SinGularity-8786
09-26-2019, 10:21 AM
And don't forget…
There are around 150 countries in the world and they released only just 5 Eddies...
So they are really slowing down and have a great option for the future months... :cool:

dragonmat89
09-26-2019, 10:38 AM
Some maths based on the striker souls/goalkeeper souls for you: if you're tempted to spend 4k ironite on soul packs don't bother; spend it on sands of time and grind Powerslave and you'd be guaranteed to get all five new Eddies at the 600 frag price (it may even end up being cheaper if you pulled Eddies from the Striker Souls). This also doesn't include SoT recharge over time or SoTs given as rewards for each level. It also doesn't include souls or fragments earned from event challenges.

Edit: Obviously grinding Powerslave this many times will take a long time but we do have over 2 weeks to do this...

Ip4
09-26-2019, 10:45 AM
This time I'm absolutely not interested into getting a new Eddie.
I need all my Ironite to farm awakening materials. The Football Eddie will be put into hero souls or rare souls.
Event is waste of time.

Agree,will skip this and continue farming LOL XIV and raven dungeon...

Maiden
09-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Indeed, but they dropped the ball on calling them uniforms! Who else on this planet calls them uniforms? They are strips or at worst kits! If I walked into a shop in the UK and asked for a football 'uniform' I would get laughed out of the place! Small thing but really guys if you are embracing the sport get the lingo right! I know footie ain't big in Canada but come guys!

'Mon the Hoops! Oh and up the Irons!

Hahahaha, and tell me about the arguably "timeout" skill they have, its simple a fun event though! I like it!

I´m doing the event running Powerslave with KP, and a random guy with Alchemist tali set. Around 120 runs and the 2.5k are almost done.

RobG-9641
09-26-2019, 11:43 AM
they dropped the ball on calling them uniforms! Who else on this planet calls them uniforms? They are strips or at worst kits! If I walked into a shop in the UK and asked for a football 'uniform' I would get laughed out of the place!

Being from the US and I don’t follow soccer (there I said it) I did find this interesting. I genuinely had no idea uniforms wasn’t the correct term. As a kid, I learned about the poem Rime of the Ancient Mariner because of Iron Maiden. Today I learned not to call them uniforms because of Iron Maiden. Always learning something new! Up the Irons!

Muzzleloader
09-26-2019, 12:10 PM
At least in the US, uniform is a correct description. Most of the world calls the game football we call it soccer. There is no right or wrong terminology, just a point of view.

Just as Iron Maiden changed the Icarus story. Daedalus's wings didnt burn. Icarus wings melted, are you going to say Irom Ma8den is wrong for using thier own interpretation of the story.

scott-5496
09-26-2019, 01:31 PM
Being from the US and I don’t follow soccer (there I said it) I did find this interesting. I genuinely had no idea uniforms wasn’t the correct term. As a kid, I learned about the poem Rime of the Ancient Mariner because of Iron Maiden. Today I learned not to call them uniforms because of Iron Maiden. Always learning something new! Up the Irons!

Yeah it is an eye opener to many I am sure. Europe has been footie orientated for a very long time! The US and Canada, not so much. They had to go with soccer I guess due to American 'foot'ball - which it sort of isn't as most of it is played with 'hands' as opposed to feet but hey ho!

wipp
09-26-2019, 02:19 PM
Just when i thought the angry birds couldnt be topped.............

blade685
09-26-2019, 02:26 PM
PVP is unplayable now, server down soon?

Natasmai
09-26-2019, 02:47 PM
in America, it is uniform. But yeah, not in europe.

scott-5496
09-26-2019, 02:59 PM
Connection errors are rife this afternoon here in the UK.

Highace
09-26-2019, 03:01 PM
I can currently play but the load times are pretty awful.

HuckFinn150
09-26-2019, 03:36 PM
Iron Maiden is a British band, so why is there not a UK Eddie?

Intimidator
09-26-2019, 03:37 PM
Same here....can’t connect to the server.
At least I pulled the West Ham from the first soul I dropped this afternoon.
Never had that luck before :)

Natasmai
09-26-2019, 03:50 PM
West Ham is there because that is the team that Harris is a fan of and was going to (or did) try out for as a teen.

The other 4 are a bit of a mystery. Argentina, Brazil, and Chile were recently in the final four of the 2019 Copa América, however the 4th was Peru, not Mexico... so i dunno. Maybe someone fuct it up lol.

Or maybe those were just the 4 countries whose "kits" match the class color?

Natasmai
09-26-2019, 03:56 PM
holy crap that's what it is. I just looked it up and all of those countries match the character, so chile is red, argentina is blue/white striped, brazil is yellow, and Mexico has a green kit... Peru is white w/red stripe so it didnt work.... and West Ham is of course purple.

The fact that 3 of the 4 were in the copa final 4 might have nothing to do with it, but it's a heavy coincidence.

infinite dreamer
09-26-2019, 04:13 PM
Also Mexico, Brazil, Argentina & Chile are the final bunch of shows on this leg of the tour.

Ip4
09-26-2019, 04:21 PM
Game not playable after pvp battle,devs we need free ironite...

scott-5496
09-26-2019, 04:24 PM
Footie is a big part of Maiden - they still play when on tour and Harry is a massive fan of the 'Hammers', so that all makes sense - the other four are finalists in Copa America - well Peru/Brasil/Argentina/Chile were but someone must have messed up a guess and included Mexico...or maybe it was the sentinel team!

Muzzleloader
09-26-2019, 04:25 PM
I havent been able to earn any rewards for a battle for the last few hours. Game locks before reward chest.

SinGularity-8786
09-26-2019, 04:32 PM
Same here… But only the last hour. Before it was very laggy with long 'loading' times when chest pops up. But now macl error…
SoT gone… SkullQuest logged for 23:59... and no rewards. In cosmos battles too (no items no xp)

lost_mind
09-26-2019, 04:36 PM
Hey troopers,
Same here in france, hope to be able to play soon again.....

Stranger
09-26-2019, 04:37 PM
It happens always when a new event starts and the Americas are waking up. Then the servers are overloaded. Tomorrow it will be better :cool:

Muzzleloader
09-26-2019, 04:43 PM
Its 11:40 central time so most have been awake for hours. The adults are working and kids are in school. Ive had this problem for about 6 hours.

SinGularity-8786
09-26-2019, 04:44 PM
Enjoy the ShopPopUps. They still work :)

blade685
09-26-2019, 04:51 PM
impossible to synchronize in pvp i stop here, ridiculous support....

Muzzleloader
09-26-2019, 04:59 PM
I found that when the shop popups dont appear immediately upon opening the game then the problems are more likely to occur.

Stranger
09-26-2019, 04:59 PM
Its 11:40 central time so most have been awake for hours. The adults are working and kids are in school. Ive had this problem for about 6 hours.

Yes, that makes sense. Six hours ago was 7AM in New York (for example). IMO this happens always when they release a new event. Here in Europe the game runs flawlesly until it's morning in America. Too many players are up and play.

Muzzleloader
09-26-2019, 05:05 PM
I was having problems before most were awake. We didn't have the problem last evening after reset. That is 7 pm central, so most have the ability to access the game. I usually dont have this problem in the mornings even after reset.

Stormseye
09-26-2019, 05:16 PM
I havent been able to earn any rewards for a battle for the last few hours. Game locks before reward chest.

Odd that I am have two devices going on two accounts and main account working fine while alternate account is getting errors after every encounter. PVP, Cosmos or anything else. No rewards for completely skull quests nor cosmos. All Maclo11 then restart. Both devices on IOS and still happening on only 1 device after updating both devices to newest IOS update. So is the issue account based? Both are on wifi.

DoctorEly
09-26-2019, 05:18 PM
I'm getting MACL11 errors after every battle, both cosmos and arenas. Something has to be wrong on their end...

Anyone with Football Ed think any well of him? He looks interesting. I was wondering why he showed up in every class section in the Collections tab, this is certainly a unique way to do new Eddies.

SinGularity-8786
09-26-2019, 05:23 PM
Still going on...

Amarthir
09-26-2019, 05:26 PM
I've also seen maclo errors. Trying to do my skull quests and having trouble.

Maiden
09-26-2019, 05:29 PM
West Ham is there because that is the team that Harris is a fan of and was going to (or did) try out for as a teen.

The other 4 are a bit of a mystery. Argentina, Brazil, and Chile were recently in the final four of the 2019 Copa América, however the 4th was Peru, not Mexico... so i dunno. Maybe someone fuct it up lol.

Or maybe those were just the 4 countries whose "kits" match the class color?

Im not sure why those only 4 (maybe are the more crowded? o yeah, classes ofc! ...dunno), but besides the Latin America tour celebration, I believe its because Iron Maiden always associated Central and South America with football and passion (which it might be a little sad because those countries are much more than football) somewhere in (I think) Flight 666 they mention that people singing at the concerts looks like people singing at football game (eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoiHX9azZeQ) and they have/had official merch like this one: https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/360/0411/17/iron-maiden-brazil-event-shirt_360_01d6032026ff076d5f03be19bd0b0058.jpg or these: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvE0tkNIUAAfK0Q.jpg and of course.... because Steve <3 http://apuntesderabona.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/steve_harris_2005.jpg

Btw, I pulled out 3 eddies: 2 sentinels, one gunner from about 16 souls...never had I so much luck before...

Stormseye
09-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Those who are having issue might not want to continue doing skull quests or anything that offer rewards as they are not being granted. As I said on Stormseye account everything is working fine but on my other account nothing is being rewarded so I missed out on Skull rewards, Arena rewards, including achievements for arena event and cosmos rewards.

I received Gunner Football Eddie and equipped him with Primordials. His fury animation is quite cool looking. Nothing super game changing and I suspect all the other classes will 3 class type and 3 free so that should give some flexibility in talismans. Fun for farming but I don't see any arena use yet.

Olevipoeg
09-26-2019, 05:37 PM
MACL11 here too after every battle on Android devices. I'll try iPad next.

Stormseye
09-26-2019, 06:22 PM
Server might be down. Was kicked during a run and now just loading on restart. Hopefully will be fixed.

rags-6094
09-26-2019, 06:28 PM
Those who are having issue might not want to continue doing skull quests or anything that offer rewards as they are not being granted. As I said on Stormseye account everything is working fine but on my other account nothing is being rewarded so I missed out on Skull rewards, Arena rewards, including achievements for arena event and cosmos rewards.

I received Gunner Football Eddie and equipped him with Primordials. His fury animation is quite cool looking. Nothing super game changing and I suspect all the other classes will 3 class type and 3 free so that should give some flexibility in talismans. Fun for farming but I don't see any arena use yet.

I managed to score South Hampton Eddie yesterday evening, probably another one not far off. I think their all the same irrespective of class, I have Argentina Eddie on my sons account but he still takes 3 x Yellow Talisman just like South Hampton one...
Still these Eddies could be very useful in Gauntlet..
Now if the game would just load I could get on with the job!

edsel
09-26-2019, 06:38 PM
Rags they are identical everyway except class and shirt. Useful in Gauntlet for sure, 5 more strong Eddies for decent cost. Each takes 26 skill shards so maxing all will eat 130, about all I have left and I need them for 5 Lords and LUCIFER. Doctor Elys post about new characters is all true, I had difficulty believing Soccer Ed but now we know better. He called Dark Lilith and Shardbornes, so prediction for LUCIFER is right on. Now I just wonder about if he will be the event soul character in wave 3 of mega event and if so what is going to be added to the store for purchase - the ??? Next to Assassin Lord.

Stormseye
09-26-2019, 06:48 PM
Servers appear to updated and both accounts working fine now. Pity that the respective Eddies do not have coinciding talisman slots. At least the game is back up. Happy Hunting all.

edsel
09-26-2019, 06:49 PM
They should program Dejavu to play while we encounter server loading errors.

Yup
09-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Wait.. they didn't even bother changing talisman slots??? (I've pulled 2 - but both gunner damnit.. looks like the Liliths all over... all I'm going to get are gunner gunner gunner gunner)

lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy

Sounds like "The boss" came up with an idea and it had to be done faster than it should have been done.

"Okay they are int eh app now, sir. However, thank God you don't actually play the app... because you'd surely realize how quickly we created the art and characters making them, overall, lackluster."

rags-6094
09-26-2019, 07:25 PM
Ahhh so many more questions! I managed to score Chile as well for both accounts, things are on the way up!
Too late for me on skill shards, I used to have a couple of hundred to spare but though I don’t usually nab the latest characters very often, I have been picking up quite a few older characters lately as well as the LOL characters and now South Hampton Eddie skill shards are looking rather depleted...

rags-6094
09-26-2019, 07:28 PM
Servers appear to updated and both accounts working fine now. Pity that the respective Eddies do not have coinciding talisman slots. At least the game is back up. Happy Hunting all.

You mean same colour Talisman as the Eddie class... doh I’m a bit slow at this time of the morning...

Stormseye
09-26-2019, 07:47 PM
I think they are all 3 Gunner/3 free regardless of class. Not sure though as I only have Gunner.

Highace
09-26-2019, 07:51 PM
I think they are all 3 Gunner/3 free regardless of class. Not sure though as I only have Gunner.

They do all have 3 gunner slots.

bort
09-26-2019, 08:41 PM
This event fragment purchasing UI is complete garbage.

There is a dozen (or more) items you can purchase for fragments, with only an icon and a picture to show you what fragments you are spending. Keeper frags and striker frags use the same icon!

It should at least tell you the name of the frag being used when you tap it to confirm purchase, but instead we have to guess

DoctorEly
09-26-2019, 09:57 PM
I pulled the Chile one today. I think this Ed is quite decent for a 4 star. He's a blast to run around with. I was a kid once, and I know what it's like to be hit right in the shins with a football. I just love to watch the guy kick it around, and imagine the "POOMP!" as it hits the enemy square in the chest, knocking the wind out of them. (As well as the subsequent flashback to grade school phys ed.... Hey! There's another Eddie for you lot!)

What kinda bothers me is the inconsistencies in his animations. His attacks and fury are quite fluid and well done, but his victory pose and hurt animations are kinda stiff.

Yup
09-26-2019, 10:03 PM
Clearly this event was "Rushed to market". Showing that the dev team can not maintain the pacing they've set and the pace users have asked them to SLOW THE HELL DOWN.

Muzzleloader
09-26-2019, 10:27 PM
Rags, is it football or soccer over there? Just curious.

Why would they slow down? Now 3* evo shards will really become a premium. With the LoLs and awakenable toons. Then and the shardbornes and football eddies for another 30 3 * colored evo shards each class. The newer players are really starting in a hole for shards and runes.

Stranger
09-27-2019, 08:36 AM
Pulled West Ham today from an event soul :eek: I can't believe it. But I can't evolve him to 5* because of lack of 3* colored stones. They should raise drop rate for this stuff. It's needed to evolving so many new characters and drop rate in LOL is wery small.

rags-6094
09-27-2019, 08:53 AM
Rags, is it football or soccer over there? Just curious.

Why would they slow down? Now 3* evo shards will really become a premium. With the LoLs and awakenable toons. Then and the shardbornes and football eddies for another 30 3 * colored evo shards each class. The newer players are really starting in a hole for shards and runes.

Hi ML it depends who you talk to but by average most of Australia, I’d say we call it soccer. Certainly as a child I played the sport for several years. My Brother coached a few well known (well to Australians anyway) soccer players that have played in the Australian squad over the years, I know he calls it football. We have soooo many codes that all could be called football here it gets a bit confusing!

Yup
09-27-2019, 08:54 AM
Have been effectively locked out for nearly 8 hours.. takes FOREVER for the app to actually load.. when it does.. no battle anywhere completes without an error.. then error, then error.. then "need to restart" message... it's an unplayable loop.

kkkreg5
09-27-2019, 01:56 PM
Not locked out but constant "connection" errors...

Natasmai
09-27-2019, 02:10 PM
SO i got to 500 frags and made a soul for my first soccer eddie... I get Mexico (sentinel)... Ok cool. This morning I got over 500 again.... Do I just go 600 and buy the next one or do i roll the dice and make another random soul and see what I get.... F it I'll gamble... I got a second friggin Mexico. How in the hell can I have an 80% chance at a new one, 20% chance at dup and of course I get the dup...

sigh, my own dumb fault I guess.

Bakura
09-27-2019, 02:36 PM
2x dupe West Hamm from Striker souls.
1x Mexico & 1x Chile from Keeper souls.

Nice fury move.... was tired of passives that the AI in arena ignores anyway.

Plan on collecting 1 of each for Gauntlet.

Muzzleloader
09-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Havent we all learned from the broken RNG for liliths? I decided to keep claiming striker souls to see if I pull the eddies. I'll save the keeper frags and buy what I dont pull. I dont think saving the extra 100 keeper frags is worth the gamble. With 7 blue liliths out of my first 9 tries, I learned my lesson

Olevipoeg
09-28-2019, 09:58 AM
25 striker souls opened and got one Assasin Newborne of Light. 3rd event in row when I got absolutely nothing from event souls.

HK-47
09-28-2019, 11:57 AM
25 striker souls opened and got one Assasin Newborne of Light. 3rd event in row when I got absolutely nothing from event souls.

I'll do you one better. I've opened about 15 and had three red eyes but none were a Football Ed

HK-47
09-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Make that four red eyes without a football Ed

Muzzleloader
09-28-2019, 12:48 PM
It took between 35-40 souls for my first to drop. Then dumped 25 more and 2 more dropped.

Saigrim
09-28-2019, 06:18 PM
Over 60, with two junk four stars period. My worse event luck ever. And I spend money on this happy horseshit.

Hank93
09-28-2019, 08:23 PM
Around 25 souls opened, got A and G through them, W through the 600 frags. So far so good.

Volrath
09-29-2019, 01:18 PM
I've got three - I got West Ham with the 600 frags, figured it'd be useful to have another Purple Eddie for the next Gauntlet season. Then I got the Blue one from a Striker Soul, which was a surprise but then again I've gone through a LOT of these. Decided I'd roll the dice by just using the Keeper Soul and got the Red one. Not sure I'll get the other two, now that I've hit all the milestones it will take longer to get enough frags.

Yup
09-30-2019, 11:40 PM
Geeeez what a grind....

Pulled gunner after only 7 souls...

Finished event challenges.... nuthin...

Grind...

Tried first batch of Keeper frags.. Gunner again.....

Grind, grind, grind ... Gunner again.

Grind, grind... Assassin....

Second batch of Keeper Frags.. Assassin again....

Grind grind grind grin grind grind grind.... nuthin

Third batch of Keeper frags.. waited for 600 bought Sentinel...

Grind grind.. Warrior...

Grind grind... Sentinel...

Grind grind.. Warrior.

Grind Grind Grind.. nuthin...

Now 3 souls away from having enough Keeper frags to just buy Magus......

Watch I'll pull Magus in those last 3 souls...

-------------------------

EDIT: Nope.. had to spend those last 600 Keeper frags to get Magus.

wipp
10-01-2019, 12:15 AM
Anyone else unable to logg in?

Yup
10-01-2019, 02:18 AM
I couldn't at rollover.. waited 20-30 minutes, then it's been fine.

Bakura
10-01-2019, 02:23 AM
300 free ironite
https://tinyurl.com/yxsx8sv6

or enter this code:
WVX5A-47R83-7REQB

R1ck
10-01-2019, 03:03 AM
Pulled one assassin and 3 warriors, still missing 400 keeper frags to buy the 3 missing Eddies, if not got a new one from strike souls.

Segoy
10-02-2019, 07:49 AM
300 free ironite
https://tinyurl.com/yxsx8sv6

or enter this code:
WVX5A-47R83-7REQB

Thank you Bakura. Absolutely appreciated.

Segoy
10-02-2019, 07:51 AM
Geeeez what a grind....

Great post, Yup. I'd laugh it was wasn't so sad...

I am waiting for opening my souls until next sac event as I have all slots occupied and need to clear them first.

dragonmat89
10-03-2019, 12:07 PM
Opened 102 Striker souls from grinding Powerslave (one batch of 17, one batch of 85), got a few 4*s but not a single Football Eddie - I was hoping for at least one of them. Will keep grinding between other events and see if I get enough GK fragments to just buy them at the end of the event.

Bakura
10-03-2019, 04:10 PM
This is just my two cents.....
But it seems like getting a major toon (in this case Football Eddie) is "more likely to happen" when:
1- Done at the beginning of the event... especially within the first 24 hours.
2- When you drop 10 or more souls at a time.

That's my experience, I'm sure others would disagree, but aren't we all just trying to find some sort of pattern to this nonsense.

wipp
10-03-2019, 04:26 PM
If you already opened 102 souls you have over 2000 keeper frags. Buy your first 2 eddies for 500 each.the soul that gives you a random one. After that, either try your luck one more time or start buying the 600 ones. So u need a few more frags but not many.

Natasmai
10-03-2019, 04:28 PM
completely the opposite for me... I grinded powerslave every day since the event launched and popped 25-is each day. I didnt see my first football eddie until about 100 souls dropped now that i bought the last 2 i was missing, i have gotten at least 3 each day.

Natasmai
10-03-2019, 04:33 PM
If you already opened 102 souls you have over 2000 keeper frags. Buy your first 2 eddies for 500 each.the soul that gives you a random one. After that, either try your luck one more time or start buying the 600 ones. So u need a few more frags but not many.

102 souls = 1020 keeper frags i believe which isnt even enough to buy 2 eddies. I did as you suggest. I popped a keeper soul, got mexico. Popped a second keeper next day, Mexico. Finally popped my first eddie from a striker soul for the first time the following day... Mexico. I suggest you not buy ANY eddies NOR use any Keeper frags for a Keeper soul until you are sure you have enough to buy all 5 (or how many ever you still need at that point). By the time you get to the point where you can pull the trigger, buy them all and stop the grind, I bet you will have opened at least 1 or 2 eddies. And I guarantee that the eddies you open will be the ones you already have.

Once you have (600*4)+500 keeper frags, go ahead and pop a keeper soul, then buy the last 4. (obviously adjust as needed if you are a lucky bastard that actually opens Eddies in the Striker souls)

Yup
10-03-2019, 04:37 PM
Geeeez what a grind....

Pulled gunner after only 7 souls...

Finished event challenges.... nuthin...

Grind...

Tried first batch of Keeper frags.. Gunner again.....

Grind, grind, grind ... Gunner again.

Grind, grind... Assassin....

Second batch of Keeper Frags.. Assassin again....

Grind grind grind grin grind grind grind.... nuthin

Third batch of Keeper frags.. waited for 600 bought Sentinel...

Grind grind.. Warrior...

Grind grind... Sentinel...

Grind grind.. Warrior.

Grind Grind Grind.. nuthin...

Now 3 souls away from having enough Keeper frags to just buy Magus......

Watch I'll pull Magus in those last 3 souls...

-------------------------

It doesn't hurt to grind for striker souls and drop them in the BOS to see if you get an Ed... keep grinding until you have enough rags to jsut buy the Eds you don't get from grinding.

I made the mistake of buying the Sentinel Ed too early. I should have waited and I would have been able to buy the Magus Ed earlier and be done with the grind at least 1 mega-refill earlier. Although with NC's final battle taking only 1-3 seconds to complete.. the grind went pretty fast. The loading and victory screens take 5 times longer than the actual battle.

wipp
10-03-2019, 05:22 PM
102 souls = 1020 keeper frags i believe which isnt even enough to buy 2 eddies. I did as you suggest. I popped a keeper soul, got mexico. Popped a second keeper next day, Mexico. Finally popped my first eddie from a striker soul for the first time the following day... Mexico. I suggest you not buy ANY eddies NOR use any Keeper frags for a Keeper soul until you are sure you have enough to buy all 5 (or how many ever you still need at that point). By the time you get to the point where you can pull the trigger, buy them all and stop the grind, I bet you will have opened at least 1 or 2 eddies. And I guarantee that the eddies you open will be the ones you already have.

Once you have (600*4)+500 keeper frags, go ahead and pop a keeper soul, then buy the last 4. (obviously adjust as needed if you are a lucky bastard that actually opens Eddies in the Striker souls)

Ooops your right,sorry i mistook the 20 frag reward for the earned frags

druid138
10-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Leviathan & team - once this event ends, will the Football Eddies be available again in the future, and in what way? Regular souls, heroic souls, other? Thanks!

Discordian
10-08-2019, 10:19 PM
This is just my two cents.....
But it seems like getting a major toon (in this case Football Eddie) is "more likely to happen" when:
1- Done at the beginning of the event... especially within the first 24 hours.
2- When you drop 10 or more souls at a time.

That's my experience, I'm sure others would disagree, but aren't we all just trying to find some sort of pattern to this nonsense.

#1 Yes, but #2 not necessarily. I dropped my very first striker soul and got West Ham Eddie - less than an hour after the event dropped.

I later traded in 70 more souls... for a bunch of crap characters, and ANOTHER West Ham Eddie. :mad:

blade685
10-09-2019, 01:14 PM
#1 Yes, but #2 not necessarily. I dropped my very first striker soul and got West Ham Eddie - less than an hour after the event dropped.

I later traded in 70 more souls... for a bunch of crap characters, and ANOTHER West Ham Eddie. :mad:

welcome to NF game ^^
Always that for me :)
last exemple: i bought W LOL , open the only soul reachable and: another useless W LOL that's so great ^

Aristo4
10-09-2019, 02:32 PM
welcome to NF game ^^
last exemple: i bought W LOL , open the only soul reachable and: another useless W LOL that's so great ^

thats why you end up 3 years now with shit dupes.

Maiden
10-09-2019, 03:11 PM
welcome to NF game ^^

I had the Blue shardborne with the event frags (350 frags I think, was easy to get) then after farming Lol 14 for a while, I had the chance for a random Shardborne (500 frags for redemption soul)... I dont need to tell you what Shardupe I got xD

Bakura
10-09-2019, 07:56 PM
I had the Blue shardborne with the event frags (350 frags I think, was easy to get) then after farming Lol 14 for a while, I had the chance for a random Shardborne (500 frags for redemption soul)... I dont need to tell you what Shardupe I got xD
Yep, same exact story.... just add a third Blue "Shardupe" in a row.

Natasmai
10-09-2019, 08:46 PM
I now have all shardbornes except the red. I have also had an additional gunner and assassin, plus 2 additional sentinel, plus 3 additional magus..... annoying but they are "free"

Blade
10-16-2019, 12:47 PM
Event was fine for me. By normal daily Powerslave routine plus some additional NC farming I ended with 126 souls. These gave me 4/5 Eddies including a dupe warrior. So I had enough frags to buy the one missing Ed. Alongside I got a sentinel werewolf "before release" lol. Now as I have all 5 Eddies I realised they all have exactly the same skills... nice for the collection, but what's the point apart from that? BTW please increase maximum character and talli slots - thanks!

Azagthor
10-18-2019, 03:41 PM
I really enjoyed this event. The longer time period, and the high drop rate of fragments was wonderful. Made every Powerslave run feel valuable, especially as a newer player. While I didn't get any 5* characters from the souls, I gained several player ranks!