PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of the Beast - State of the Nation October 2019 Discussion

Leviathan
10-02-2019, 11:59 PM
This is the main post to discuss the October 2019 State of the Nation.

You can see the State of the Nation details in the Announcements forum post. (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12356-Legacy-of-the-Beast-State-of-the-Nation-October-2019-Update)

Icarus65
10-03-2019, 01:43 AM
Hope you can di this without a hitch, but I'm not optimistic lol

Zugzwang
10-03-2019, 02:09 AM
Now recruiting Clansmen ahead of the upcoming feature. Only requirement is you must enjoy banter. To apply, bend over, put your head between your legs and kiss your own arse.

—an insolent bastard

thealchemist
10-03-2019, 03:20 AM
Clans sounds like another time consuming feature. And their reasoning for introducing frontier keys which can be purchased with frontier coins no less, was to reduce the burden on us with the sheer number of events? Yet 9 new frontier dungeons added in about 3 months! If they really wanted to reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed they would have spaced the number of new dungeons out more and reduced the cost of the keys. Its just another way for them to try to get players to sink more money and resources in the game, its not for our benefit.

All I want in the near future is improved resource management (including evo material, talismans, and book of souls) and bugs like team selection for said frontier dungeons fixed. Its so bloody tedious having to select your team every f'ing time! I'm not excited by any new "content" anymore.

Also how is Silent planet still in the early phase of design? Its been at least 2 years since it was announced?!

Blazpheme
10-03-2019, 05:22 AM
Maybe it would be wiser to hammer out all of the kinks that currently exist in the game before tacking on new elements...

And what about actually slowing things down? All of those Frontier Dungeons could have been released much further apart. Instead, it was a punishing wave of unrelenting fury that vomited forth an onslaught of Keys, Achievements, and Variant Characters. And before the dust could settle, the Awakenable Characters descended (terrible name by the way). Full-scale panic ensued, as players scrambled to acquire these new assets out of fear that, without one, we would surely be defenseless against their almighty powers. Now, while the survivors assess the damage amidst the smoke and ruin (and depleted resources), awaits the next impending assault...

Simply put, it has been an overwhelming year. And I cannot shake the feeling that I might never have enough time nor resources to catch up with everything. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and my dumb ass will keep hacking away at it. I would just rather not feel like someone is taking a hammer to my head while I am doing so.

URock
10-03-2019, 05:41 AM
Clans: I need to play at a specific time when others want to play...hmm...I don't like this forced playing.
I hope that I can be a clan member and play on my own and only the points of all members will be counted together.

Yup
10-03-2019, 06:05 AM
I don't give two-hoots about "clans". If I wanted to play some multi-player app.. I would.. this AIN'T it.

What concerns me is the "clan store"... so there will be items only clans can get... basically removing any and all semblance of "relative equality" and single-player aspects of PvP completely.

To be frank.. Clans may mean I just stop launching this app. If I MUST join some "team" .... then I won't play at all.

Rigo
10-03-2019, 06:32 AM
Clans: I need to play at a specific time when others want to play...hmm...I don't like this forced playing.
I hope that I can be a clan member and play on my own and only the points of all members will be counted together.

I agree.

Rigo

osiris0000
10-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Exciting news. And of course, looking forward to awakened Egyptian gods. Especially Goddess Aset needs some buffs and rework. For example, fury move has no extra turn and no damage to enemies.

slauki
10-03-2019, 09:08 AM
clans are the missing link for a longterm oriented game. now it's the question how they will implement this. but this feature should have been on since the launch of the game. looking forward to this.

Zugzwang
10-03-2019, 10:18 AM

Zugzwang
10-03-2019, 10:27 AM

I wouldn’t have assumed players would need to be online at the same time until they said In- game chat was in real time. This means time zones and/or playing patterns will have to be accounted for when joining a clan.

Zugzwang
10-03-2019, 10:34 AM
As for suggestions on awakenable characters, I think they should be mostly Eddies—especially the older, weaker ones. The other toons are supposed to be there to support Eddie after all right?

scott-5496
10-03-2019, 11:10 AM
I also wonder if it will be just like PVP - not really PVP but teams versus teams that can be chosen by clan members and used by clan members - so each member can set up a team or more and then other clan members can use that as part of the battle environment - that means folks from different time zones can clan together and folk do not have to be awake at the same time to do it - that has to be a possibility as trying to get folks together at the same time is a pain when we are all so different in time zones, family life, work commitments etc etc.

Mario.Ahner
10-03-2019, 11:40 AM
More unfixed bugs than ever, every new toon and talisman is bugged. Bug reports are all ignored. That is LotB State October 2019

dragonmat89
10-03-2019, 12:05 PM
I have three main questions about clans:

Q1) How much extra time would be needed to grind clans on top of everything else?

Q2) If we don't bother with clans would be be at a disadvantage in PVE or other PVP areas? (i.e. would benefits from completing clan challenges have an effect in other game modes?)

Q3) Can we get more character slots again as I get the feeling that this will give us a whole heap more possible allies to fill our rotas with?

Zugzwang
10-04-2019, 12:45 AM

grayflannelsuit
10-04-2019, 12:32 PM
I already do the equivalent of clans on two other games, I really have no appetite for a third.

Volrath
10-04-2019, 01:23 PM
The clans could be something really cool but I share the concerns about potential scheduling issues.

I generally play at the same time every evening, with some auto-running in the morning for demanding events. If I'm required to be "on call," so to speak, I'm not going to be very useful to the cause. I hope that it's a collaborative mode that doesn't require everyone to play at once.

Bakura
10-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Alot of pros and cons here.
I'm up for joining a gang ... uh clan.
Definitely loads of new stuff going on.
The game already feels like a job, but with all the new stuff coming.... it really will be overwhelming.... I'm gonna have to clone myself and play 24/7 to stay current.

*Best comment so far 🤣:

Also how is Silent planet still in the early phase of design? Its been at least 2 years since it was announced?!

wipp
10-04-2019, 04:38 PM
Alot of pros and cons here.
I'm up for joining a gang ... uh clan.
Definitely loads of new stuff going on.
The game already feels like a job, but with all the new stuff coming.... it really will be overwhelming.... I'm gonna have to clone myself and play 24/7 to stay current.

*Best comment so far ��:

So we all get gamer nerd names now?

HuckFinn150
10-04-2019, 05:00 PM
The update in August forced me out of any hope of being current (without spending real money and that's not happening). So, I am on the fringe of delete or lurk in the shadows to play very casually. I've never gotten word from CS to even try and help in a resolution for forcing me to fall behind. At this point I don't expect one either. I don't care what they say, but this game is now geared toward the spenders. I can tell this because, since I quit spending I found it very hard to stay current. Then the update and it nailed me to the floor. So the game is all about the spenders now.

Bakura
10-04-2019, 07:39 PM
The update in August forced me out of any hope of being current (without spending real money and that's not happening). So, I am on the fringe of delete or lurk in the shadows to play very casually. I've never gotten word from CS to even try and help in a resolution for forcing me to fall behind. At this point I don't expect one either. I don't care what they say, but this game is now geared toward the spenders. I can tell this because, since I quit spending I found it very hard to stay current. Then the update and it nailed me to the floor. So the game is all about the spenders now.
I feel ya.
I have less to spend these days, and the game is requiring much more than ever.

Some people won't spend anything, but I think $20 or $30 every few weeks is enough for any game.
Unfortunately, this game is requiring a person to spend $100+ every month to maintain current or upper class.

rulerofallchickens
10-04-2019, 09:05 PM
Well I am looking forward to the clans. I have always wished there was someway to interact with my friends on this game, besides sitting next to each other on our phones talking about it while we play. The using their one trooper once a day isn't very thrilling. I also hear a lot of people complaining about bugs, and I've encountered many over the years, but besides a minor annoyance, I don't see what the huge deal is. Maybe it's just my game is more stable than others. This makes me think it's more of an underlying system problem than a coding problem. Put the game on a better machine, more ram, better internet, run a virus scan on your PC maybe? Besides servers being down, I only get about one bug a month. I doub't I have spent over $50 total on this game in three or so years I've been playing it so I don't think you have to spend $100+ a month to stay current, it's called grinding lol. And there is a nifty autoplay feature that will make this easier for you.

R1ck
10-05-2019, 02:57 PM
I wonder how they are planning to introduce chat while their servers just can't handle today's amount of players just farming. Everyday there are loading problems.

Bakura
10-06-2019, 08:52 AM
Well I am looking forward to the clans. I have always wished there was someway to interact with my friends on this game, besides sitting next to each other on our phones talking about it while we play. The using their one trooper once a day isn't very thrilling. I also hear a lot of people complaining about bugs, and I've encountered many over the years, but besides a minor annoyance, I don't see what the huge deal is. Maybe it's just my game is more stable than others. This makes me think it's more of an underlying system problem than a coding problem. Put the game on a better machine, more ram, better internet, run a virus scan on your PC maybe? Besides servers being down, I only get about one bug a month. I doub't I have spent over $50 total on this game in three or so years I've been playing it so I don't think you have to spend $100+ a month to stay current, it's called grinding lol. And there is a nifty autoplay feature that will make this easier for you.
Wow, you are so cool!
Thanks for pointing out auto-play.... I was lost until all your great wisdom.
And never even spent more than $50 bucks and you're current w/ all the new characters.... you sir, are truely a Lotb gaming legend and a god!

Hey Yup, you hear that. You've been a silly nilly thinking you need to spend any money. I bet this guy has a near identical looking team as yours, and for free, no doubt.

Problem solved people.... The Game Is Not Bugged.... Doom in arena doesn't totally kill enemies in pvp, all because we have crappy devices. It's our phones and tablets..... we suck, that's the problem.
Well, we must all be chickens, cuz you sir are truely The Ruler of All Chickens.
Thank you for being a guiding light and inspiration.... and exception.
You have proven that to be a top contender in arena and gauntlet, and also to have the latest boss toons..... one only needs to grind LoL.

I feel humbled by your experience and great wisdom!

(trolls and devils advocates...... are they really so provoking, or are they just lieing to themselves thinking they can be better than others.... for free.)

AhabsHarpoon
10-06-2019, 02:05 PM
Wow, you are so cool!
Thanks for pointing out auto-play.... I was lost until all your great wisdom.
And never even spent more than $50 bucks and you're current w/ all the new characters.... you sir, are truely a Lotb gaming legend and a god!

Hey Yup, you hear that. You've been a silly nilly thinking you need to spend any money. I bet this guy has a near identical looking team as yours, and for free, no doubt.

Problem solved people.... The Game Is Not Bugged.... Doom in arena doesn't totally kill enemies in pvp, all because we have crappy devices. It's our phones and tablets..... we suck, that's the problem.
Well, we must all be chickens, cuz you sir are truely The Ruler of All Chickens.
Thank you for being a guiding light and inspiration.... and exception.
You have proven that to be a top contender in arena and gauntlet, and also to have the latest boss toons..... one only needs to grind LoL.

I feel humbled by your experience and great wisdom!

(trolls and devils advocates...... are they really so provoking, or are they just lieing to themselves thinking they can be better than others.... for free.)

Bakura- I heard John Cleese in my head while reading your brilliant response. Thanks for the chuckle... ������������

Hartacus
10-22-2019, 09:03 AM
Remove the "use all" on frontier keys. In my sleep-deprived state this morning I lost 19 daily dungeon keys while severely down on ironite. Enraged doesn't begin to cover it...

namaste
10-23-2019, 01:44 AM
Holy fk... this game is rolling out the same shit that the gate did before that went tits up... awakened characters.. clans.. then death of a great game!

MonsterDeAvon
10-23-2019, 10:04 PM
You may not notice or understand the more subtle bugs having to do with character skills. I play the game on iOS, Android and emulators of these operatong systems on a PC with the correct configuration and security updates and the character bugs are the same on all systems. The connection bugs are the same in all systems. Very few of the bugs are system dependent.

Which emulator are you using? Is there any kind of emulator which is no need to pay? Two of my old iPhone 5s is gone by playing this game and now I have eyes problem and I just can't quit the game and looking for emulator solution for PC.

Thanks.

namaste
10-24-2019, 12:51 AM
If you’re referring to the app by Spicy Pony Games — it’s still shows as available on iOS. I’ve never played it but it has a total of 44 reviews to LOTB’s well over 3k. These are people that actually took time out to review these games. So if it’s no longer being updated after releasing some similar content, I wouldn’t correlate any similarities with something negative happening like this game going away. No games are going to be around forever (but I think this game will be relevant at least until Maiden retires and probably even after that!) so you may as well enjoy the games you play while they are around and not worry about it. That’s my thought on it anyway.

I intend to... I love the game, despite all the frustrating shit that goes with it. I was just saying!! The Gate was by Spicy Horse but they are dead and long gone.. not sure why it shows still in iOS App Store but if you try it you will be waiting forever for a server to login. There was a player base similar to this btw. Def not as big as Legend of the Cryptids for example but then what is?

LunarMetalHead
10-24-2019, 01:08 AM
Ok, I don't know if you guys are having this problem but I can't seem to access my Achievements or my Missions.

Is this happening to anyone else?

drrchmnd
10-24-2019, 03:44 AM
Which emulator are you using? Is there any kind of emulator which is no need to pay? Two of my old iPhone 5s is gone by playing this game and now I have eyes problem and I just can't quit the game and looking for emulator solution for PC.

Thanks.

Bluestacks I haven't played with because it won't run on my pc. However there are numerous other emulators on the market that are free. The primary one I use is Memu because it seems to work the best on my antique pc.

drrchmnd
10-24-2019, 04:08 AM

You have hit the head on the nail here for a reason you probably don't know. Anymore the only way to "win" this game is to be constantly farming it. However the only way to effectively farm it is via PC and an emulator. While you can farm on a handheld device it really dosen't work to well unless its always plugged in. Now as far as the bugs and such are concerned. The platform issues (apple and android) get fixed pretty fast because they want people to play and spend money. So that really only leaves software issues. You say you only have an odd issue or two a month tells me you aren't paying any attention to the game and its on autopilot. All you have to do is watch how the talismans interact with characters and produce secondary effects that are not supposed to happen. I can think of at least 4 or 5 right off that havent been fixed. Add to that the passive effects that don't function as well as they should. Or how about perfect crave? Even worse some have been in the game since day 1 and no they haven't been fixed. So is your game more stable because of it being a high end pc with all the latest software etc? No it is because you don't know what you are looking at and are effectively the primary problem with this game. Any game that HAS to have an autoplay/grind feature has problems. Why? Because it means there is an issue with how to introduce and obtain new content. Grinding means you have to work for it sure, but when you click auto and go do something else, yeah you aren't working for it. So instead of patronizing people maybe you should comment with something that is actually constructive.

drrchmnd
10-24-2019, 04:15 AM
Clans... What a fecking waste of coding time, that could have been spent correcting bugs and maybe figuring out a way to do things other than by grinding away with an emulator. Not sure I have anything to add other than how many people actually know the people on their trooper list. And how many people know more than say 5 of the people on their list. Me I know a grand total of zero. I am also thinking this clan thing is going to be a great way to completely frag the game up with if you aren't a clanny you can't get this or do this which means you can't succeed here or so on and so forth. That said if they keep it completely separate from the main story and game play sure why not. Unfortunately I have problems believing that they will keep it seperate.

Natasmai
10-24-2019, 02:33 PM
its obviously not separate. that can be seen already. In the clan only store, available for clan only currency, you will eventually be able to purchase Gold and Red level cosmic talisman.

assuming we can ever actually rank up our clans to the appropriate level and assuming we ever actually get to collect the clan currency.... which you currently cannot do at all.

namaste
11-11-2019, 05:13 AM
I am rather confused how this check in business works.... i have checked in every day yet it shows only 1 check in when others have like 6 or more... not only that, when the jackpot is reached which i assume is when all players have checked in.. we do not get the correct amount of soul coins.

Natasmai
11-11-2019, 06:02 AM
it's still Beta

Esquatcho
11-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Yea it is definitely still Beta. I’ll randomly see “you have joined the clan” messages as well as the off number of check ins. I also never get the jackpot. Just the daily skill coins. Not sure if or when I’ll get the jackpot but I see it growing. from time to time I’ll see what it is. But server stability is more important at this point.

Yep got the same!