PDA

View Full Version : Hello there, I'm Discordian

Discordian
10-07-2019, 10:04 PM
Hey all!

I've been playing the game obsessively for months, but just found the forums the other day, and lurked around for a couple of days before joining.

So I think I've gotten a pretty solid roster together - part by luck, and part through figuring out the game "my own way" - but now, seeing all the genuine experts on here, I can't wait to jump in.

I found this awesome game solely because I love Maiden - I didn't really give a toss about video games, but this one is fun and addictive - and appeals to the collector in me. However, I was an idiot for the first couple of months on here - I was sacrificing everything but my core team for rewards, so I don't even have "basic Eddie"! :P

Um, not sure what else to say here. I play my Troopers every days while leaving my phone grinding, so if anybody wants to trade troopers, it'd be fun to play some from people I can actually talk to - hit me up here. My current trooper is 5* (but not red YET) Lucifer from the current event - banking up over 20,000 Ironite paid off! And in order, my top 5 Maiden tunes:

5) Aces High
4) Run to the Hills
3) Empire of the Clouds
2) Hallowed Be Thy Name
1) Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Oh, and one funny story - when I was in 5th grade, I had to wear a retainer to avoid getting the dreaded braces. But I got the option of having a clear one with a picture in it for $50 extra. I made my parents pay the $50, since I didn't wanna wear the damn thing in the first place. And my picture: since for some reason my cassette tape of Piece of Mind came with two inserts, I cut Eddie the Head out and had that in my retainer. I took it out (often with food scraps on it) to scare lamer classmates pretty regularly. (This WAS nearly 30 years ago).

UP THE IRONS!

Muzzleloader
10-07-2019, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the hampster wheel Discordian. If you have any questions, just ask. There are many who will answer your questions. Wow, on the 20K and lucifer. Now just add time and you can join the grindfest.

Discordian
10-08-2019, 01:56 AM
Well I have one major question - how to grind Frontier XIII and XIV with some combination other than Alex / Orbits.

I have Alex; I was nowhere near getting Orbits.

Anything you can recommend? I searched around the site, but since you can't get the Orbits anymore, that's right out for me...

wipp
10-08-2019, 02:08 AM
You have vipers?

Discordian
10-08-2019, 02:25 AM
You have vipers?

Yeah, full-set, fully pumped to 50 - but those are what I'm using right now, and they're not enough to win without spending Ironite at least once (usually). Which also stops the game from autorunning. Is there a strategy here I'm missing perhaps? Like I said, I've mostly figured the game out for myself for the last several months - I didn't find this community until this weekend past...

wipp
10-08-2019, 02:29 AM
Whats your full id? I will look at your team. Thirteen isnt really hard,you should be able to get through without orbits

Discordian
10-08-2019, 02:30 AM
Whats your full id? I will look at your team. Thirteen isnt really hard,you should be able to get through without orbits

You mean my name on the game? I just used Discordian - I just assumed that anything even remotely Maiden-related was taken (or I'd have gone that route)...

wipp
10-08-2019, 02:32 AM
What are the four numbers after your name?

wipp
10-08-2019, 02:40 AM
Go into the game and look at the top left of your screen,then give us the numbers and we can look

Discordian
10-08-2019, 02:40 AM
What are the four numbers after your name?

Oh! Discordian-2218

Stormseye
10-08-2019, 03:04 AM
Welcome Discordian!

Discordian
10-08-2019, 07:06 AM
Welcome Discordian!

Danke schön!

scott-5496
10-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Saving 20k ironite is a quite something! Well done dude and enjoy your Lucifer. Not got him yet so it is going to take me a long time on him and Dark Lilith! Oh well, back to the grind!

Discordian
10-08-2019, 05:05 PM
Saving 20k ironite is a quite something! Well done dude and enjoy your Lucifer. Not got him yet so it is going to take me a long time on him and Dark Lilith! Oh well, back to the grind!

Well, lots of grinding yeah - but I missed Dark Lillith by a couple thousand Ironite, so I knew the last character would kick butt, so I limited myself to ONLY using Ironite for SOT refills.

And speaking of grinding, I've been doing LoL X for red *** evo shards since the flip - and haven't even gotten a hundred yet! I'm glad I had hundreds banked up, but I severely doubt I'm going to get to 200 - which I was hoping for - and meanwhile, I'm running down the last 2000 ironite I DO still have :(

There needs to be another (free) place to get warrior shards!

Ydex
01-28-2020, 04:44 AM
It's a really nice community, here. When a new member introduces themselves, some of the top players immediately chime in with advice, or to just say, "hello, welcome aboard." I've learned a lot from helpful forum posters, and have tried to pass along what I know, little as it is.

If there ever comes a time to approach this game competitively, we can all make our decisions about how we want to treat each other under those circumstances, but whatever that might look like-- that time is not now. This game does not have a true Player vs. Player mode, and I'll bet you a month of my salary that it never will. Whatever new features are released, we'll still just be fighting each other's Pokemon decks.

Congratulations where they are due-- to those who have had success in the Arena, you've earned it. And to those who are here to offer advice and friendship to our fellow players, you've probably earned something of even greater value. This is my opinion, of such little consequence as it may be.

Wanderer
01-29-2020, 01:55 PM
Welcome Discordian!
Talking about the 3*** red shards, a good place to find them would be The Frozen Wastelands, it's even better for purple and green, but red are on the third place. Not good for yellow or blue shards.

Maybe there are better places but I haven't played many of the dungeons yet.

SoulGravity
02-13-2020, 03:23 AM
Just getting around to a late welcome Discordian, wanna say congratulations on the multiple top wins in arena. I remember our back and forth battles which were fun. Hopefully you got characters that you have been shooting for. Cheers! Hope to catch you on the battle ground ��