PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for fast magus cosmic talisman dungeon?

Cthulhu
10-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Hey everyone,

I have been farming the cosmic talisman dungeons lately. All my classes are strong, with average times below 1:30 and best times below 1:00.

All, that is, except magus.

My current magus team consists of:

Bass Eddie with Celestial + Cosmic
Ferryman with Eternity + Cosmic
Ancient Mariner with Brave
Corrupt Feldmarschall with Singularity

I have seen times as low as 1:20 but also as high as 4:30.

I used to have Mystic instead of Bass, but Bass has a lot of chances to remove beneficial effects and seems to be a better fit.

Any suggestions?

These are the teams I am using on each other instance of the cosmic dungeon. If you have any suggestions for them, feel free to mention them:

Warrior:
Alexander with Orbit
5 purple star Warrior Lord with Valor
Fully awakened Lucifer with Hex+cosmic+a pair of yellows I can't recall right now
Malakov with Singularity

Gunner:
Flight of Icarus Eddie with Light + Cosmic
Osiris with Frontier + Cosmic
Minotaur with Mimic + Penance
Hierophant with Siege + the same pair of yellows I have on Lucifer

Assassin:
Gambler with Labyrinth + Cosmic
Fully awakened Raven Witch with Labyrinth + Cosmic
The Killer with Reaper + Resistance
The Warlord with Reaper + Resistance

Sentinel:
Final Frontier Eddie with Frontier+Cosmic
Necropolis with Viper + Cosmic
Killer Prime with Sustaining + Warlord + Resistance
The Witch Doctor with Greed + Resistance

Xanofar
12-30-2019, 07:51 PM
Mystic Eddie - Celestial
Ferryman - Hex, Dragonscale
The Madam -Singularity
Ancient Mariner - Titan Shield, Snow

Seemed to be going pretty fast for me. To be honest, I just threw something together without a lot of thought for the event quest, but this team ended up going much faster than I expected.

Cthulhu
01-03-2020, 08:42 AM
Mystic Eddie - Celestial
Ferryman - Hex, Dragonscale
The Madam -Singularity
Ancient Mariner - Titan Shield, Snow

Seemed to be going pretty fast for me. To be honest, I just threw something together without a lot of thought for the event quest, but this team ended up going much faster than I expected.

Can you give an approximate average time?

Yup
01-03-2020, 12:45 PM
Scrooge Ed has made a difference here. He's better than either Mystic or Bass Ed for me. But Magus runs are still always slower than other dungeons.

True is, Magus is the weakest of all classes where Characters are concerned. There's no OP Magus character like there are in other classes.

Beddie
01-03-2020, 02:56 PM
Don’t use Eternity on Ferryman

Caesar815
01-03-2020, 03:00 PM
Don’t use Eternity on Ferryman

Why not? What’s the problem here?

Muzzleloader
01-03-2020, 03:00 PM
I havent run cosmic dungeons in awhile. Has anyone tried soccer ed on the blue dingeons?

Beddie
01-03-2020, 03:21 PM
Why not? What’s the problem here?
One of the Ferryman’s best abilities is being able to doom opponents (which would make this dungeon infinitely quicker).
It mentions in the Eternitys passive “remove doom and cleanse all enemy’s if wearer has the shawl of Styx passive” making it counterproductive

Caesar815
01-03-2020, 03:35 PM
It mentions in the Eternitys passive “remove doom and cleanse all enemy’s if wearer has the shawl of Styx passive” making it counterproductive

Ah I see. That makes sense. Thx Beddie.

Cthulhu
01-03-2020, 03:58 PM
One of the Ferryman’s best abilities is being able to doom opponents (which would make this dungeon infinitely quicker).

When the Eternities remove doom, the doom-affected opponents instantly die, it's not a bad thing. These talismans are made for Ferryman. It's just bad wording on the description.

Beddie
01-03-2020, 04:16 PM
When the Eternities remove doom, the doom-affected opponents instantly die, it's not a bad thing. These talismans are made for Ferryman. It's just bad wording on the description.
Really? (In all honestly i’ve Never tried it)

Cthulhu
01-03-2020, 06:01 PM
Really? (In all honestly i’ve Never tried it)

Yes, this is how it works. There are several descriptions that could be better in the game.

Beddie
01-03-2020, 06:20 PM
Yes, this is how it works. There are several descriptions that could be better in the game.
Thanks for the correction

Cthulhu
01-19-2020, 04:25 PM
Just tried the Max Awakened Alchemist on the team, with Scrooge, Feldmarshal, Ferryman.

One key, just 19 effing runs. Whereas the sentinel team with maw awakened horus has a best time of 38 seconds and an average of less than 50 seconds (closer to 40)

The alchemist talisman dungeon achievement will be a bitch...

Puntwothree
02-10-2020, 10:43 PM
Just tried the Max Awakened Alchemist on the team, with Scrooge, Feldmarshal, Ferryman.

One key, just 19 effing runs. Whereas the sentinel team with maw awakened horus has a best time of 38 seconds and an average of less than 50 seconds (closer to 40)

The alchemist talisman dungeon achievement will be a bitch...

It is. Especially because the AI is dumb and uses The Alchemist's dumb fury instead of his great normal attack or awesome power move.

I'd advise, but I only have like 5 magus toons total that can run the Magus dungeon (one being max. awakened alchemist, which is bad for speed for these reasons ^^) and one of them is a lvl 1 toon I'll be getting too, someday. Another is Dark Star Clair (sacrificed my regular one), and a third is M. Lilith, who likes to spend her (multiple) turns tapping units lightly on the shoulder. My best time is only like 2:12 and average closer to 3:00, though I think I have gotten about 20 on a key? Anyway, I'll report back when I draw a toon who can equip some more explosive Talis.

Discordian
02-10-2020, 10:44 PM
I put blights on my Max Alchemist to run this dungeon, speeds it up a lot...

Olevipoeg
02-11-2020, 07:53 AM
Are you absolutely sure? I throw out one of my Trooper because he put Eternity his Ferryman trooper and it kept healing and cleansing computer team, got even some losses because of it. I will test it later after my LoL key runs out.

Puntwothree
02-11-2020, 12:59 PM
I put blights on my Max Alchemist to run this dungeon, speeds it up a lot...

I get you. Alchemist is my current trooper unit... I don’t know why, exactly, but so anyway, I’d feel a bit guilty slipping blights on it for any unsuspecting party hoping to borrow him.