PDA

View Full Version : October 2019, Part 1 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

Kaz_LOTB
10-08-2019, 11:13 PM
This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12389-October-2019-Part-1-Tuning-PRELIMINARY&p=107671#post107671).

Yup
10-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Here's the main thing I don't get.....

I have all characters pretty much max'ed out...

So why on earth is it so difficult for me to auto-play the Raven's dungeon or LOL 15??? I SHOULD be whipping through these with not much effort.. but nope.. I'm lucky if I get a 60% win rate on auto. That seems unsettled and like the relics I have are being countered FAR too much. Same goes for teh Airstrip... with all teh relics why are these ow-level dungeons so dependent upon one of the character having Orbit or Celestial talismans (on a 3 star character no less) just to complete them????

Discordian
10-08-2019, 11:35 PM
Wish I'd known about this before I just finally dropped my Viral Frontier Eddie soul so I could power through some Gold Frontier Keys before the Warrior LoL dungeon dropped yesterday!!!

R1ck
10-09-2019, 12:12 AM
Ohhh, a new two set talisman that is much better than any other 5 or 4 set, like frontier that are useless.

Natasmai
10-09-2019, 12:27 AM
Here's the main thing I don't get.....

I have all characters pretty much max'ed out...

So why on earth is it so difficult for me to auto-play the Raven's dungeon or LOL 15??? I SHOULD be whipping through these with not much effort.. but nope.. I'm lucky if I get a 60% win rate on auto. That seems unsettled and like the relics I have are being countered FAR too much. Same goes for teh Airstrip... with all teh relics why are these ow-level dungeons so dependent upon one of the character having Orbit or Celestial talismans (on a 3 star character no less) just to complete them????

I've had no problem farming raven or airstrip, basically no issues farming anything except LoL 15. I do need an orbit for raven, but I sisnt need anything special for airstrip. I don't have defense relics maxed yet, but all offensive relics maxed.

Bakura
10-09-2019, 03:41 AM
The Lycan talismans.... 35% Damage reduction for all.... uh, ok. Cool.

Atleast older characters are getting much needed upgrades.

Poor Mariner.... he was supposed to be cool from the start. It has taken so long to correct him, people most likely have given up on him and don't realize how cool he has become.

And your "Hotfux".... with Awakening cost "correction".... shame on you.
What you see as a correction is what we see as price gouging!
(3.3 million increased to 10.6 million gold)

Yup
10-09-2019, 06:44 AM
I've had no problem farming raven or airstrip, basically no issues farming anything except LoL 15. I do need an orbit for raven, but I sisnt need anything special for airstrip. I don't have defense relics maxed yet, but all offensive relics maxed.

See I have all relics.. and I believe they play a large role. Or at least a larger role than devs will let on.

There's no reason a dungeon restricted to 3 star characters should be as difficult as I'm finding it. It's not like I'm trying to compete with a bunch of sandworms with no talismans. I just think it's a shame that they configure things to NOT be enjoyable. The "frustration factor" does NOT make me want to play more.. no no.. just the opposite.

kgk56
10-09-2019, 08:44 AM
See I have all relics.. and I believe they play a large role. Or at least a larger role than devs will let on.

There's no reason a dungeon restricted to 3 star characters should be as difficult as I'm finding it. It's not like I'm trying to compete with a bunch of sandworms with no talismans. I just think it's a shame that they configure things to NOT be enjoyable. The "frustration factor" does NOT make me want to play more.. no no.. just the opposite.

The key character for airstrip is the convinct ... not a single loss with it

scott-5496
10-09-2019, 11:29 AM
I have not had any issues with the Raven or Airstrip dungeons - once I go the teams that were discussed on here for both there has been no defeats at all. For both it was just a simple use of current OP talisman on lower level characters and job done. Not sure why you would be different Yup as you are likely way above me on allies to choose from and talisman sets....I do have all relics but only just got that a couple of weeks ago.

Bakura had a great starting team to use in raven (I then simply used each new character you win and gave them a strong set of talisman and repeat to the end) and for airstrip I just used the allies you needed for event and stuck strong talisman on most of them.

scott-5496
10-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Overall the changes look fine to me - good to see some updates to older Eddies for sure - poor old Vampire Hunter was looking quite sad and not used him in a very long time.....looks to be back to being useful again, same for Grimey. Good to see fixes for Level 15 too as well as the drops - shame that was not out as a hotfix! I wonder when this is likely to drop - before or after the Haloween frag event?

Volrath
10-09-2019, 03:08 PM
I'm really glad Vampire Hunter Eddie is finally getting an update. He used to be a real force to be reckoned with but has fallen behind like the other older Eddies. The Mariner upgrade will be very useful too.

gogosox40
10-09-2019, 03:44 PM
It says a fix for 4* and 5* Colorless Evo runes from dropping in lieu of 3*.
So were these not supposed to drop? What are we to do with these that we acquired? Need more info.

Bakura
10-09-2019, 07:40 PM
So were these not supposed to drop? What are we to do with these that we acquired? Need more info.
Yes, ..... I agree. I have over 500 total of 4* & 5*.... useless.
We grind for awakening materials and get tons of irrelevant stuff!

I feel these days, I'm hanging on by a thread.

Discordian
10-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Yes, ..... I agree. I have over 500 total of 4* & 5*.... useless.
We grind for awakening materials and get tons of irrelevant stuff!

I feel these days, I'm hanging on by a thread.

Shame that the game doesn't allow trading between players - I'm doing my damndest to get 8 more 5* colorless so I can fully awaken. Meanwhile, I have tons of random stuff I don't really need...

Bakura
10-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Shame that the game doesn't allow trading between players - I'm doing my damndest to get 8 more 5* colorless so I can fully awaken. Meanwhile, I have tons of random stuff I don't really need...
Yeah, I mentioned along time ago, that a marketplace to trade would be cool. But that of course would damper their money making schemes.
It's all designed like an addictive drug. We keep chasing the Dragon but never again get that initial high.
We are supposed to spend but never be fully satisfied, so we keep on spending time/resources/money.... we get some success.... but we want more. ... so we spend more..... and still come up short.

I think a place where we could post toons/talis/resources and what we want in trade would help us all get something out of it.
I know newbies with 3 Dark Lilith's.... maybe they would trade for an extra Eddie I have that was an event exclusive. That was available before they joined. It would be a win/win/win.... for me , them, and the company (cuz we are satisfied players who stay with the game.)
Nodding Frog could still make money on things that are exempt from being traded.

Discordian
10-09-2019, 08:30 PM
That would be totally awesome! I'd easily trade a twice-awakened duplicate warrior LoL for a Charlotte, or my extra set of Viper talis for Orbits, or I'd buy 5* colorless shards for some of my extra Sands of War or other awakening materials or whatnot...

Is there a place to submit suggestions to the developers? Maybe they'd implement something like this - especially if there was a "fee" like on eBay (like, you have to spend 10 Ironite to make a transaction, etc)?

Muzzleloader
10-09-2019, 08:33 PM
What other games allow trading between players?

Discordian
10-09-2019, 08:35 PM
What other games allow trading between players?

I dunno, lots of board games? I don't really play many video games, but then again, not many video games are this addicting (and Iron Maiden themed)...

wipp
10-09-2019, 09:03 PM
I will sell u my whole account. Email and all. 2500.00 .also includes an s9 phone

Discordian
10-09-2019, 09:06 PM
I will sell u my whole account. Email and all. 2500.00 .also includes an s9 phone

Bwahahaahaha! I assume you're talking 2,500 Ironite? Because if so, I'm in!

But be careful making offers like that around this game's fans - it's entirely possible that someone will take you up on it...

Muzzleloader
10-09-2019, 09:07 PM
I would give my account away if it wasnt linked.

Ydex
10-09-2019, 09:08 PM
In Spore, all user accounts on the same install exist within the same universe. You can find another game save on the map, drop resources on a planet, log in with the other account and pick up the resources.

URock
10-09-2019, 09:09 PM
Vampire Hunter Eddie (and all other old toons) needs higher base stats and not only higher damage.
As a glasscannon he is useless.

Bakura
10-09-2019, 10:29 PM
I would give my account away if it wasnt linked.
Earlier today I was thinking about your uncle. The stories you have shared stick w/ me.
Things seem to be getting worse. I only delay walking away because of the investment of time/effort/money already done.

One ex-gamer sacked all of his team before quitting.... just to make sure he couldn't return.

Maybe there needs to be a Mobile Gamers Anonymous group..... ya know like when alcoholics quit drinking.

Bakura
10-09-2019, 10:36 PM

They say in the forum rules you will be banned for selling accounts.

Geez wipp, what's next.... are you gonna cutoff that "Do not remove under penalty of Law" tag on a mattress?

Muzzleloader
10-09-2019, 10:40 PM
I am waiting for the Halloween sac event to see if I stay or not. I was told that 20-40 MM gold could easily be used last pumpkin sacfest. Wondering how many blew their gold on awakening that may not take advantage of a sac event like that again. In this game resource management over immediate gains is a hard decision.

Bakura
10-09-2019, 10:50 PM
Somehow it's worth it when you check your arena defense team wins, cuz your Maxed W. LoL has been kicking arse.

But now (after Hotfux) it's 10.6 mill. gold to max a toon.

wipp
10-09-2019, 10:50 PM
They say in the forum rules you will be banned for selling accounts.

Geez wipp, what's next.... are you gonna cutoff that "Do not remove under penalty of Law" tag on a mattress?

Lollll,they cant bann me for that. I own it and paid alot of money into it. U know that tag on a matress? Well i cut it off

wipp
10-09-2019, 10:59 PM
Also i wish they would hurry with sac event. My char inventory is busting at the seams.

Muzzleloader
10-09-2019, 11:14 PM
We still have a dungeon and frag event before the sacrifice event.

Esquatcho
10-10-2019, 01:09 AM
Am loving the updates to my old skool faves in this one! Bass Eddie has always been my #1 Magus Eddie and now hes new and improved! Woot!

GrimDusk
10-10-2019, 04:58 AM
So there's definitely going to be a Vampire Hunter Eddie Variant for the Dracula dungeon, that's nice! As for the other changes, it is nice to see Bass Eddie really getting that support. Grim Reaper Eddie is still going to suck, and the Ancient Mariner is really starting to look good. Quantum Talismans are still not good, so whatever. Lycan talismans are looking amazing though!

Ip4
10-10-2019, 07:08 AM
Hope we can see dracula as character i don't want to play against VHE...

ericgallucci
10-10-2019, 07:53 AM
Can't believe that's the only buff Grim is getting. Look at all the other 5 star characters in this update and Grim just gets a measly buff to his fury which when maxed only has an 85% of applying doom. Ferryman and M LOL can doom from basic attacks. I mean he's the Grim Reaper, his fury should automatically kill at least one character regardless of buffs. Plus his stats suck and he can't cleanse at all and can only effectively heal himself which is a waste cause that attack does terrible damage and the heal isn't even 100%. Even shit SOL Eddie has a basic that heals the whole team. Grim is a natural 5 star and all his moves should be completely revamped. Sucks cause he was my first natural 5 star Eddie. I've played since day one and that's how bad my luck use to be with the Book of Souls

Greyhame
10-10-2019, 08:28 AM

I totally agree with you. The fun of using a host of different characters has dissipated. It’s all about talismans now and there are several that are so powerful as to remove all the fun of team selection. Battles are mostly tedious/boring for me now.

scott-5496
10-10-2019, 09:39 AM
I still play the game loads - 90% on auto to be honest so I am trying my best to take a relaxed attitude and trying to stay away from purchases for sure. It is simply not worth it for me - I will never be top dog or even top 100. Not got the time or skills or patience or memory to remember all the skills, where everything is kept etc etc. So, for me, this works just fine. next week I am on holiday in Holland, likely able to do troopers and some other stuff but will no doubt miss most of the upcoming event(s) that I assume will start at the weekend or Monday...and that is fine. Will do my best when back at my base in the evening but it's just fine. I really need to get my head round the fact it is a game, a mobile game and I am never goin to be super good at it like many are on here.

I see lots of folks saying similar things on here and various forums and I get it - arena is a joke for the most part. There is fun to be had lower down for sure but the top 2-300 (it is spreading too) is just the same lottery - you never know what talisman you will gave or if RNG will be with you or not so I even started just using auto at times there too. They need to change things up and create different tiers for different types of player or do something different.

The most fun I have is doing test runs of my own defence vs different attack teams! Or the odd bit in arena if I fall down the list a bit...and gauntlet to a degree but even that is just a lottery with little to no strategy especially when you get to SSS - it is just too much and I hate losing so I just do not bother much with it after SSS - I take a look at the first team and usually say f**k it and move on....and I have well over 4k SoW to use...maybe one day I will use it and just lose a lot!

Facing the same team over and over is crap and boring, especially when the rewards are not great unless you get into the top 10 or so.....maybe several arena leagues might change it up - have the current version as a champions league - 5 star teams only, then have a 4 star, 3 star, 2 star and so on - cant be hard to set up...anything for some variation and I want to use the roster I have more - go back to those old characters you never go near now.

Don't get me wrong - still mostly love the game and play it a lot as I have said but with so much auto it really is just a resource gathering machine with very little fun left to find....well for me anyway....and everything is so expensive and getting worse too.....drop the damn prices of stuff, even 35 sands per level 15 is daft, same for 14 etc etc - why so expensive? I hope in this quiet period for events that they are really trying to sort the bugs out - level 15 bugs are not great - we have a way past them of course but that should be hot fixed - hot fixes seem to be almost every other day so come on do one a day and take a bug away with each one - cant be too hard to do. Pretty sure if it was a bug where you could not buy stuff it would be fixed asap - not so with the rest of it.....though the servers do seem to be better so I assume they have either lost a sh*t tonne of new players or that servers were increased.

R1ck
10-10-2019, 12:35 PM
LoL key disappeared from frontier store.

Intimidator
10-10-2019, 02:59 PM
@ Scott.... a holiday in Holland? Are you sure about that?
It has been raining the whole time this week :(
Anyway, I hope that you have a great time over here. \m/

Blade
10-10-2019, 03:25 PM
I still play the game loads - 90% on auto to be honest so I am trying my best to take a relaxed attitude and trying to stay away from purchases for sure. It is simply not worth it for me - I will never be top dog or even top 100. Not got the time or skills or patience or memory to remember all the skills, where everything is kept etc etc. So, for me, this works just fine. next week I am on holiday in Holland, likely able to do troopers and some other stuff but will no doubt miss most of the upcoming event(s) that I assume will start at the weekend or Monday...and that is fine. Will do my best when back at my base in the evening but it's just fine. I really need to get my head round the fact it is a game, a mobile game and I am never goin to be super good at it like many are on here.

I see lots of folks saying similar things on here and various forums and I get it - arena is a joke for the most part. There is fun to be had lower down for sure but the top 2-300 (it is spreading too) is just the same lottery - you never know what talisman you will gave or if RNG will be with you or not so I even started just using auto at times there too. They need to change things up and create different tiers for different types of player or do something different.

The most fun I have is doing test runs of my own defence vs different attack teams! Or the odd bit in arena if I fall down the list a bit...and gauntlet to a degree but even that is just a lottery with little to no strategy especially when you get to SSS - it is just too much and I hate losing so I just do not bother much with it after SSS - I take a look at the first team and usually say f**k it and move on....and I have well over 4k SoW to use...maybe one day I will use it and just lose a lot!

Facing the same team over and over is crap and boring, especially when the rewards are not great unless you get into the top 10 or so.....maybe several arena leagues might change it up - have the current version as a champions league - 5 star teams only, then have a 4 star, 3 star, 2 star and so on - cant be hard to set up...anything for some variation and I want to use the roster I have more - go back to those old characters you never go near now.

Don't get me wrong - still mostly love the game and play it a lot as I have said but with so much auto it really is just a resource gathering machine with very little fun left to find....well for me anyway....and everything is so expensive and getting worse too.....drop the damn prices of stuff, even 35 sands per level 15 is daft, same for 14 etc etc - why so expensive? I hope in this quiet period for events that they are really trying to sort the bugs out - level 15 bugs are not great - we have a way past them of course but that should be hot fixed - hot fixes seem to be almost every other day so come on do one a day and take a bug away with each one - cant be too hard to do. Pretty sure if it was a bug where you could not buy stuff it would be fixed asap - not so with the rest of it.....though the servers do seem to be better so I assume they have either lost a sh*t tonne of new players or that servers were increased.

We have very very similar thoughts and opinions about the game recently! Same is true for your other post in the Hot Fix thread. I could also buy Lucy but this would suck up all my Ironite and then I could not play anymore, lol. Getting Dark Lilith would have been a better option to get the shortcut to Lucy, but well now it's too late.
We will see how things continue and evolve. A relaxed look on all that can surely help. I am a bit sad that my top ~20 pvp days are over, but I enjoy the free time I have instead!

Enjoy your trip to Holland! There are plenty things to do also if it rains. But BTW @Intimidator: Scott is a scott, that means he is rainproof anyway :D

GrimDusk
10-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Grim Reaper Eddie was underpowered even when he was released; the other Five Star Eds were much better and FoTD was also doing great in the arena. Would you guys be interested in me writing up a new version of GRE for fun?

Bakura
10-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Hope we can see dracula as character i don't want to play against VHE...
It seems they have adjusted/amped up VHE (in the Oct. Update) cuz we may have to use him against Dracula in the new Halloween dungeon, probably for event achievements.
Just my opinion!

infinite dreamer
10-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Also i wish they would hurry with sac event. My char inventory is busting at the seams.

I hear ya, I was so close to a vortex, I sold a few cheap characters. Since it looks like the sac event is still potentially at least a week and a half away, I decided to hit the vortex and I'm already 1/4 of the way around again. Wish it would've worked out better, but I have so much to sacrifice.

wipp
10-10-2019, 09:19 PM
I broke down and did the same thing bob

MuzakMaker
10-11-2019, 12:03 AM
Agreed with the Sac event needing to hurry up. When you add up the following, optimal play encourages (if not outright requires):

Not claiming ANY non-class specific rare souls until the next rare soul event
Hoarding common souls since they now get used as currency during certain events
leaving dungeon keys unopened until dead time between grinding events
hoarding heroic souls until a character comes along in the rotation that you want/need

With all that in mind I'm constantly both the BOS limit message and the Sacrifice/sell message that restricts me from playing.

Can we please move keys to a different inventory or increase the limit in the BOS? It's especially annoying in an event where we need to both grind and claim soul fragments to deal with this.

scott-5496
10-11-2019, 09:46 AM
We have very very similar thoughts and opinions about the game recently! Same is true for your other post in the Hot Fix thread. I could also buy Lucy but this would suck up all my Ironite and then I could not play anymore, lol. Getting Dark Lilith would have been a better option to get the shortcut to Lucy, but well now it's too late.
We will see how things continue and evolve. A relaxed look on all that can surely help. I am a bit sad that my top ~20 pvp days are over, but I enjoy the free time I have instead!

Enjoy your trip to Holland! There are plenty things to do also if it rains. But BTW @Intimidator: Scott is a scott, that means he is rainproof anyway :D

Yeah we do seem to be at the same place for sure. Maybe we can clan and blood brothers!

Yeah, being a Scot we are used to the rain but it would be nice to have no rain at least for some of it! We are going to a place near Lieden called Wassenaar - we were there last year too and the kids loved it (as did the parents!) some great slides at the massive pool facility and load of places to visit - Leiden was great as was The Haig - that was as far as we got as we were just there for 5 days.

Segoy
10-11-2019, 10:55 AM
I broke down and did the same thing bob

Me too...:(

Durandal_LOTB
10-11-2019, 03:16 PM

The data for 4* and 5* Colorless Evo Runes had always existed, but they aren't actually used for any distinct purpose in the game.

Edit: Thank you, Muzzleloader, for the correction!

To get rid of them, you can invest them into talismans for experience or sell them for gold. However, please wait for a near-future server push before doing so. We will be adjusting the value of these items so that you will not get diminished returns.

On an unrelated note, I for one am quite happy about a particular tuning change on this list. Can you guess what it is? It may have to do with my display picture.

Muzzleloader
10-11-2019, 04:05 PM
How can we use the 4 and 5* colorless evo rune? 472 of them will only raise a 3* rune by one level and if you try and sell them it is worth 120 gold. They are utterly worthless. Are you trying to be humorless with your mistake or just insulting the players.

URock
10-11-2019, 05:11 PM
"Airstrip Dungeon now drops also 3* Purple and Gold Evolution Shards and Infernal Dungeon now also drops 3* Evolution Shards"
What about the other colors (red, blue and green)? Is there only the chance to get them in LOL 1-10?
How can I see the rewards without open a dungeon?

Bakura
10-11-2019, 05:22 PM
The data for 4* and 5* Colorless Evo Runes had always existed, but they aren't actually used for any distinct purpose in the game.

To get rid of them, you can sell them for gold. However, please wait for a near-future server push before doing so. We will be adjusting the sell value of these items so that you will not get a diminished amount of gold in return.

On an unrelated note, I for one am quite happy about a particular tuning change on this list. Can you guess what it is?
Seriously, we grind and grind, spend money and time.... I have over 500 combined.
I could have been getting the resources I was grinding for. But you guys make a mistake, screw us out of useful resources and give us filler worthless crap.... then tell us to make the most of it by selling it for chump change.

NO, YOU FIX YOUR GAME AND ADJUST/UPDATE OUR INVENTORY.

Why is it you keep penalizing our loyalty?

I know I sound like a jerk, but I have defended your company and it's need for revenue. I have added informational threads to this forum. I have supported LotB financially and every other way.
Now you guys inflict more bugs on us and tell us to deal with it.

You guys are out of your minds.

You might have an art degree..... but if your going to connect with your customers, you need experience in "Customer Service!"

gogosox40
10-11-2019, 05:28 PM

To get rid of them, you can sell them for gold. However, please wait for a near-future server push before doing so. We will be adjusting the sell value of these items so that you will not get a diminished amount of gold in return.

On an unrelated note, I for one am quite happy about a particular tuning change on this list. Can you guess what it is?

Oh I see what you are doing there. I didn't sense the sarcastic tone in your writing.
Just had the server push and update on my phone and tried to see how much gold one gets for the 4* Runes. Looks like you get 1 gold for 3.
Are you referring to a different server push in the future again?

Durandal_LOTB
10-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Seriously, we grind and grind, spend money and time.... I have over 500 combined.
I could have been getting the resources I was grinding for. But you guys make a mistake, screw us out of useful resources and give us filler worthless crap.... then tell us to make the most of it by selling it for chump change.

NO, YOU FIX YOUR GAME AND ADJUST/UPDATE OUR INVENTORY.

Why is it you keep penalizing our loyalty?

I know I sound like a jerk, but I have defended your company and it's need for revenue. I have added informational threads to this forum. I have supported LotB financially and every other way.
Now you guys inflict more bugs on us and tell us to deal with it.

You guys are out of your minds.

You might have an art degree..... but if your going to connect with your customers, you need experience in "Customer Service!"

Woah, woah, woah! Please don't get me wrong - my apologies!

It was my personal mistake to assume the value of these runes before checking to make sure. I'm unfamiliar with them as they haven't been included in live gameplay before (nor have they been intended to). It made sense to me that they would scale up naturally but the data was not implemented as such. I had not realized their lack of value until after I had written my initial message.

We're looking to adjust the value of these runes so that they are on par with the 3* variant you were supposed to have received. You will not be penalized.

For anyone who needs this fixed right now - please write an email request to [email protected] with "Convert Evo Runes" in the header. Please include your username / player ID and I can convert them for you in advance.

URock
10-11-2019, 05:34 PM
...and after the people sold them they will be needed to evolve the Awakenable Eddies? I don't trust the Frogs no more. I keep everything, because you can never be sure in this beta game.

scott-5496
10-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Looks like update is now live.

Intimidator
10-11-2019, 07:11 PM
@ Scott...you went to Duinrell with the Tikibad, man I had a great time there when I was younger many many moons ago :)

Oké back on topic now,sorry

Bakura
10-11-2019, 07:58 PM
624 combined 4* & 5* useless runes = 208 gold.
I don' t want that, nor do I want 3* colorless runes, which I have plenty of. I want the Awakening shards you advertised in your original "Rewards" section.
Don't bait and switch me!

LoL 11-14 original rewards:

edsel
10-11-2019, 09:33 PM
64481632 of these piled up and Bakura is right, we farmed these oddities from hi level LoL and we should get something good for the uber-expensive Awakening process for them. That is why we were spending so much to be farming there, not for colorless shards or gold. If they turn up to be a usable resource in the future after we trade them in tempers will flare, like the Primordials nerf oh god don't bring that up again right?

Tim28213
10-11-2019, 10:18 PM
I've run 2 full (4 hours only 1 loss) LoL XV and have not seen any of the colored awakening shards above 2*.
I have received a reasonable number of colorless all levels including 5*, but zero colored shards above 2*.
The update notes said they fixed the drop rate of 5* awakening materials. Anyone getting 5* colored shards or am I just having my normal bad RNG luck?

Durandal_LOTB
10-11-2019, 10:45 PM
Hey folks, I want to add some much-needed clarity to help clear up some of the mystery and confusion surrounding these 4* and 5* Colorless Evo Runes. This whole process has been a valued learning experience for me, so I'll do what I can to make amends for my earlier misinformation by expressing the following questions and answers as clearly as possible:

1) Why don't these 4* and 5* Colorless Evo Runes offer any EXP or Gold value?

Because they are not meant to exist. It was decided early in development that we would only ever use a 1* to 3* variant of this item. Much like any other resource in the game, a 4* and 5* version had been prepared just in case, but they were left as empty husks.

2) Then why did I get them?

Because human errors can happen in the world of data entry and believe me when I say I'm sorry for creating such confusion about this. 3* Colorless Evo Runes are one of the many genuinely possible resources earned while playing in these dungeons. Two wrong numbers were all it took to bring the empty 4* and 5* versions of this item out of the dusty attic.

3) So even if I was supposed to get 3* versions of this item, why don't they show up in the list of rewards when I'm inspecting the dungeon?

This is because the rewards you see (as illustrated by the handful of screenshots presented above this post) are the highlighted, special rewards associated with that content. In addition to potentially getting something from that list, there are other unlisted loot tables that provide a general array of everyday resources (gold, shards, runes, etc). They are meant to be supplementary rewards to help maintain a steady flow of overall resources even if you're gunning down something specific from a specific place.

4) Okay, but have these runes robbed me of chances to receive the high-value rewards I've been aiming for?

No - they are independent of each other. For this particular dungeon, these runes are only on the supplementary resource loot tables. The primary rewards are on their own independent loot table that does not get spoiled by the extra items you earn by simply playing. Whenever you inspect the list of rewards for any given dungeon, view it as the primary highlight rewards for that dungeon and know that you'll get some extra stuff along the way.

We were hoping that our server push earlier today would contain a fix that would copy the utility and value of the 3* runes over to the 4* and 5* versions as this would be the least intrusive way of solving the issue. However, it seems like these 4* and 5* runes are still stuck in their useless state.

As I mentioned earlier, if you write in (via direct email or through the in-game support line) with your username/player ID, I can take requests to convert them manually for you so that they're not sitting there for no reason. If you're not comfortable doing so, that's okay too - but you should know that I'm willing to sort this out myself for those that need help.

Thank you for your understanding and for this learning opportunity for me to crack down on verifying my data completely before chiming in.

Yup
10-11-2019, 11:23 PM
Hu Durandal..

just so I'm clear.. You'll convert the 4 and 5 star colorless runes to 3 star colorless runes. Is that correct?

Just a standard support email then containing the account ID?

Thanks!

Offhand I don't know how many I have,,, but I know it's a whole bunch.

edsel
10-11-2019, 11:36 PM
Hu Durandal..

just so I'm clear.. You'll convert the 4 and 5 star colorless runes to 3 star colorless runes. Is that correct?

Just a standard support email then containing the account ID?

Thanks!

Offhand I don't know how many I have,,, but I know it's a whole bunch.

Yup, the conversion is going to be into 3 star colorless evo runes I HOPE! Durandal states "convert" not "sell" so this indicates to me changing the 4 and 5 star into 3 stat. Just sent in my support email and will let you know, if they "convert" into something else I will post here the result. Maybe a few LoL Awakening shards as a good natured gesture perhaps? Now THAT IS LoL.

Yup
10-12-2019, 01:14 AM
Yeah I was kind of assuming convert into 3 star colorless runes. If nothing else, those have gold value.

Yup
10-12-2019, 01:18 AM
I've run 2 full (4 hours only 1 loss) LoL XV and have not seen any of the colored awakening shards above 2*.
I have received a reasonable number of colorless all levels including 5*, but zero colored shards above 2*.
The update notes said they fixed the drop rate of 5* awakening materials. Anyone getting 5* colored shards or am I just having my normal bad RNG luck?

...same as it ever was.....

I've also seen only 1 Fallen talisman drop. It's a waste of SOT.

Yup
10-12-2019, 07:39 AM
Okay.. farming 15 after the update. Far more talismans dropping.. but still very few colored awakening materials.

URock
10-12-2019, 09:27 AM
Is level XV easier now?

Yup
10-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Yes. They fixed that bug and it's not as troublesome for me as it was before the update. And I picked up another 3 Fallen talismans in roughly 30 runs.

Running with....

W LOL (fully awakened - Orbit)
Gambler (Labyrinth)
G LOL (Fully awakened)
Charlotte (Viper)

Wins 99.9999999999999999% of the time. On rare occasions the 6 Onyx Sons at battle 2 may kill off the team for some reason.

Colored wakening materials are still rather rare.. but at least I see them every now and then. -- Mostly colorless stuff or 1-3 star though.

Ip4
10-13-2019, 06:42 AM
thanks for LYCAN talismans 4-set,received them in arena few hours ago :)

Bakura
10-13-2019, 08:55 AM
thanks for LYCAN talismans 4-set,received them in arena few hours ago :)

Sounds like you ranked in the top 3.
Congrats!

Segoy
10-14-2019, 05:55 AM
Sounds like you ranked in the top 3.
Congrats!

Lycan talismans already available? Where, how? I don't see them anywhere (also not in the Arena ranked rewards list, as mentioned).

Lthepostman
10-14-2019, 06:04 AM
I still don't understand if the update landed or not. I See some of the changes (lol XV, the cosmic talisman adjustment) but not others (quantum talisman update and update to characters).... So can anybody clarify this?

Ip4
10-14-2019, 07:14 AM
Lycan talismans already available? Where, how? I don't see them anywhere (also not in the Arena ranked rewards list, as mentioned).
I finished second in arena and receive lycan...