PDA

View Full Version : Updates from Space Station No.5 - October 10th 2019

Ceeg_LOTB
10-10-2019, 08:49 PM

Hello Troopers!

Welcome to your new WEEKLY update, straight from Navigator Games at Space Station No.5. This will be an amalgamation of content from upcoming Updates, current Events, Bug reports and Fixes. All of which are being curated for you, the Community. I would like this to become a place for us in the studio to celebrate the game with the community, who make this game as great as it is. Speaking of celebrating the game, let’s talk about Clans!

CLANS

The next big update we have for you is something most of you have heard about, CLANS! We are going to let you band together, recruit Troopers and work towards common goals. This feature is being released with the intent that it will grow and evolve as the game evolves. This means some features you might want, will not be available at launch, but will be added in the future updates. Clan chat is one of those features that we knew everyone would want. While this will not be available in the very first Clans release, please know that we are all hard at work creating a chat experience you will love.

The Art team have been able to share some images with us, can you tell what the inspirations are for these Clan Banners?

NEW EDDIE INCOMING

Keep an eye out for this ancient and deadly Eddie headed your way sometime next month! The team is currently hard at work getting him into fighting shape for you!

Join us on Reddit!

https://www.reddit.com/r/LegacyoftheBeast/

It’s as simple as that! We have recently gained Moderator status for the previously unused Legacy of the Beast Subreddit. This will be a great place for the Community and Navigator’s to come together and discuss the game, for you to recruit new members for your growing Clan and more!

We are also looking for some members of the community who would like to be Moderators on this platform. We know that the best way to grow on Reddit is to work together with our players, not separately. So if you think you have the chops to help keep things ticking at Reddit, send me a message here - https://www.reddit.com/user/Ceeg_LotB
Include your Forum profile/Facebook profile, as well as Legacy of the Beast username for a quick review of historical interactions with our pages.

Bug Reports and Squashes

As part of this weekly update, I will be including some of the reported bugs and bug squashes included in updates from the team.

Bug Reports:

[Challenges] - Battles in the new Cosmic Lord of Light Dungeon were not being counted towards the "Win X Lord of Light Battles" event challenge during “Across The Galaxy”.
While playing a match in Lord of Light floor XV a hang occurs, It is suspected that Singularity Talismans may be the cause.
4* and 5* Colourless Evo Runes are dropping in the Lord of Light Frontier Dungeon. These will be removed from the reward pool in a later update. If you have collected them you can still use them to level up your Talismans, or they can be sold for Gold!

Bug Squashes.
This week we released server side hotfixes that covered the following:

Correction to Awakening upgrade costs

A solution for a bug that was preventing a group of players from being able to successfully load into the game.

A Final Note

This weekly update series is aimed at blurring the lines between Community and Studio. It’s here to gather your constructive feedback so that we at the studio can continue to make the game that you want to play. So it is very important to me that everyone should feel free and able to share their feedback and know it is being received. This post, wherever you may read it, is the perfect place for that.

See you next week!

Ceeg

Discordian
10-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Bug Squashes.
This week we released server side hotfixes that covered the following:

Correction to Awakening upgrade costs

Ridiculous chart of exhorbitant fees replaced by this text line for brevity.

If you really want to "blur the lines between studio and community", how about asking us whether we felt this was a "bug" or not? It's already incredibly hard to get the shards needed to level up a character to fully awakened. And now it's $10M too? I think if you just took a straw poll - or hell, headed to the forums to see all the complaints about this - you would see that the previous values were not regarded as a "bug" by most of us. I can't speak for everybody, but this is severely decreasing my enthusiasm for this new game mechanic - especially as, by the end of today, i should (in theory) have the shards needed to get a level XI - and now it's going to cost me $6M+ more?

Why not take a straw poll on these new values and see if people like this "bug fix"?

GrimDusk
10-10-2019, 09:10 PM
Well, the three triangles are Norse Mythology, the middle flag is of Celtic origin, but I have no clue what is being referenced with the cow/ox skull. Aside from that, the new Oni Eddie looks interesting; not sure what event he'll correlate with, but he looks to be a warrior Eddie that I'm going to assume is a 4-star, since the only other warrior Ed at 4 stars is Phantom Ed.

druid138
10-10-2019, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the update. It will be great to get these weekly!

Regarding Reddit, what is the motivation for that? What can be accomplished there that can't already be accomplished here? I feel like I'm already checking 8-10 LotB sources daily as it is. Thanks again for the update!

URock
10-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Reddit is confusing. It's hard enough to find threads here in this forum, but Reddit is crap.
The new Eddie isn't necessary. We need updates on our old toons and Eddies. They need much higher base stats.
At the moment I think we need a break and not a new buggy and time consuming new feature (clans).

Yup
10-10-2019, 09:58 PM
- $10Mil for the final awakening level is too much especially given the long haul to get the materials necessary for awakening. A reasonable compromise would be to drop it to 6-7Mil.. and then 4-5Mil for the penultimate step.

- Please correct the endless loop bug in LOL 15 with the 2 Gunner Shardbourne and Brave talismans. While it's possible to get around this bug via Perfect Death, or Dark Ghost -- players should not be restricted to needing character capable of inflicting those negative buffs... this is more so true since no talisman set can be used to combat the bug.

- Please review drop rates of talismans and awakening materials in LOL 15.. it's abysmal... especially if comparing these drops to level 14.

- Please review the difficulty level of the Raven's Witch Dungeon. Being restricted to 3 star characters SHOULD mean that large 6-set talismans such as Orbit are NOT necessary to complete this dungeon. Perhaps it's a relic-level issue, but I find the Raven's witch dungeon the most difficult dungeon out of ALL dungeons.

------------------------

I like reddit.. but not for this. Too many people on reddit seem unsettled and in need of counseling. :)

Sr.Perverso
10-10-2019, 10:24 PM
Can we upload our own Clan Banners? The community has a lot of creativity.

Ceeg_LOTB
10-10-2019, 10:26 PM
You are more than welcome to keep it to just here if you want, posts like this will always be based in the Forum but linked to Reddit. I can understand not wanting to 'spider' out to too many platforms. For me to do my job to grow and support the community, it requires me to use all avenues available to me and there is opportunity for that on Reddit.

I'm glad you like the update, it's kind of my brain child and I totally want it to succeed!

Ceeg_LOTB
10-10-2019, 10:27 PM
Don't forget that constructive feedback is comprised of Negative and Positive! As long as it has specifics and potential ways to better the growth of the game, then I welcome it!

Ceeg_LOTB
10-10-2019, 10:29 PM
Oh the feedback has to be constructive? Ok! ;)

Don't forget that constructive feedback is comprised of Negative and Positive! As long as it has specifics and potential ways to better the growth of the game, then I welcome it!

(If I am double posting it's because I am new to the formatting of the Forum. I'll figure it out eventually)

Ceeg_LOTB
10-10-2019, 10:31 PM
Can we upload our own Clan Banners? The community has a lot of creativity.

That's an awesome idea. It isn't something that is in the game currently. But I am going to bring it to the Art team and see what they think about maybe in the future having some sort of event that would allow for that.

Ceeg_LOTB
10-10-2019, 10:36 PM
If you really want to "blur the lines between studio and community", how about asking us whether we felt this was a "bug" or not? It's already incredibly hard to get the shards needed to level up a character to fully awakened. And now it's $10M too? I think if you just took a straw poll - or hell, headed to the forums to see all the complaints about this - you would see that the previous values were not regarded as a "bug" by most of us. I can't speak for everybody, but this is severely decreasing my enthusiasm for this new game mechanic - especially as, by the end of today, i should (in theory) have the shards needed to get a level XI - and now it's going to cost me $6M+ more?

Why not take a straw poll on these new values and see if people like this "bug fix"?

I understand your sentiment here. I've been in the same situation before where an issue was fixed and I was left further behind than before. But the only people able to classify something in the game as a Bug or a Feature are the Devs. And this was classified as a bug and therefore had to be resolved to push further updates. This is also the pinnacle of things to accomplish in the game at the minute, hence the heavy price.

Ceeg_LOTB
10-10-2019, 10:38 PM
Well, the three triangles are Norse Mythology, the middle flag is of Celtic origin, but I have no clue what is being referenced with the cow/ox skull. Aside from that, the new Oni Eddie looks interesting; not sure what event he'll correlate with, but he looks to be a warrior Eddie that I'm going to assume is a 4-star, since the only other warrior Ed at 4 stars is Phantom Ed.

Lots of great conclusions, just from an early image! I will be able to release more info at a later date. I'm excited about this guy though.

Volrath
10-10-2019, 10:58 PM
So I have a question about the Clans. I know you guys can't tell us everything now but will completing whatever objectives are in that mode require clanmates to be online at the same time? Cause we're all in different time zones and trying to coordinate everyone could lead to a level of pressure that would really take the fun out of it. I'm hoping that it will be a collaborative effort but with each person doing their part within, say, a 24 hour period.

Durandal_LOTB
10-10-2019, 11:05 PM
So I have a question about the Clans. I know you guys can't tell us everything now but will completing whatever objectives are in that mode require clanmates to be online at the same time? Cause we're all in different time zones and trying to coordinate everyone could lead to a level of pressure that would really take the fun out of it. I'm hoping that it will be a collaborative effort but with each person doing their part within, say, a 24 hour period.

While I can't dive too deep into this for the time being, I can say that there's been a lot of care and consideration for our private communities who enjoy LotB from the many beautiful regions of the world. Clans are meant to bring people together in a meaningful way (similar to what a certain legendary metal band has done and continues to do). Tearing players apart over time zones would be heartbreaking, so my understanding is that we're looking at activities where players have ample time to submit their collaborative contributions.

Bakura
10-10-2019, 11:13 PM
Ceeg, we appreciate your interaction with us and bringing fresh info on a regular weekly basis.
We wil try not to "kill the messenger" regarding issues that frustrate us.

The gold cost increase from 3.3 million gold to 10.6 million is just mean. Justify as a bug all you want, but your company is nailing their own coffin, considering droprates for awakening frags and materials is a slow, expensive boat to nowhere as it is. Few awakenable toons are really so much more awesome after all that is invested to get them to that level, anyway.
Please don't set the bar "too" high.

I am greatly looking forward to the the Clans addition!!!

The LoL level 15 stage 3 w/ the 2 repetitive reviving Gunner Onyx characters is clearly a bug. Read their passives: ones self should not be considered an ally and there is no random when it's the same specific toon that is revived.
Plus, Doom, perfect death and other silver bounces off from some toons, especially from Icarus Ed.
Please fix this new dungeon before moving forward with more new stuff.

Lastly,.... the 3rd (far right) banner looks like a variation on the baphomet/pentagram image.

Thanks for putting this weekly update together.
Looking forward to being more informed.... 👍

Delegreg
10-10-2019, 11:46 PM
Hi Ceeg.

The weekly updates is an idea we touched upon 6-7 months ago when I did three lengthy posts about the community's feelings and remarks in the Facebook trooper group. These threads were followed and answered by llexi at the time. This would be a good starting point to understanding the different player types and their specific concerns, as collectors and gamers garner the majority of the interaction, while casual or short-lived are silent but numerous.

At the time I organised things by topics : communication, quality and design. Each received dozens of interactions you might find interesting.

The bad feeling about the price increase(s) seems to be a consensus, while event pacing is more a divided opinion to give an example.

Groups and platforms have divided this community, and most players have one platform of choice. Reddit is one of the least active at the moment and I second the doubts about this choice.

Feel free to reach me here or on Facebook under the same nickname, I'm the guy behind lotbhelper.com

I think I can help.

Natasmai
10-10-2019, 11:49 PM

(If I am double posting it's because I am new to the formatting of the Forum. I'll figure it out eventually)

I have a suggestion that might make your life a whole lot easier. I suggest you take that table of the awakening costs and add the "old" costs before the bug fix. By my calculations the total awakening cost was "only" increased by 3.5 mil gold. Now, I disagree that it needed to be increased at all, but overall it was a minor change and people are making a big stink about it because they dont have all the information.

That said, I will move on from my suggestion, to my complaint. The "stink" people should be making is the fact that anyone with a partial awakened character is getting screwed big time on the gold costs. As an example, I have 10 awakened characters. I have (1) at 11 that I "saved" 3.5MIL on. I have (3) at 10 which I paid 3.9MIL too much on each. I have (3) at 9 which I paid 6.4MIL too much on each. FInally, I have (3) at 8 which I paid 5.4MIL too much on each. If you tally that up, the DEVS owe me 46,978,866 GOLD. Now, if the remainder of my awakenings cost the original amounts, Id be fine, it would balance out and I would actually "under pay" by about 35MIL. Instead, I have already paid almost 47MIL too much and now I have to pay the massively increased costs of the tier 9-11 corrected costs.

This is an unacceptable cost to us, for a mistake made by your DEVS. Often the mistakes cost us in some way, but this is a documented, tangible amount and it is EASILY corrected as I have shown by reimbursing us the differences in what we paid versus what the costs have changed to. I would suggest that anyone who has a fully awakened character simply got a discount for the final tier 11 cost due to the DEVS error, however I suppose those with a maxed character might end up losing an extra 3.5MIL per maxed. But those with a maxed character will likely have other partial awakened toons that they would end up getting more reimbursed that the 3.5 extra they would owe.

To finish my example, the cost of fully awakening my 10 characters should be 253,176,000 gold based on the "corrected" costs. However, my 10 characters will end up costing me 296,662,990 gold due to the changes to cost or an overpayment of 43,486,990 gold.

AhabsHarpoon
10-11-2019, 02:19 AM
Ceeg-
Thanks for putting yourself on the line as the "middle man" between the developers and the players who fund the game. I'm certain I speak for many players when I say that there's a growing lack of confidence with the developers. Dangle all the sparkling new features, characters and events in front of us, but it's not enough of a distraction to forget about bugs like the fact that I have two unresolved tickets (numbers in my signature) that I placed with customer service back in March -- over 7 months ago. Really??? C'mon... if NF can't fix an issue lingering this long, how will any of us have faith in any future updates? The more new material this game piles on it's already rickety foundation, the better chance it's all gonna crash and burn.

Bakura
10-11-2019, 02:33 AM
By my calculations the total awakening cost was "only" increased by 3.5 mil gold. Now, I disagree that it needed to be increased at all, but overall it was a minor change and people are making a big stink about it because they dont have all the information.

I am one of those making a big "stink" about the cost increase.

Before!

After!

That's a difference of 7,350,000.00

I know what you are saying about the gradual increase at every level, but these toons have been out for a month+ and now they want to gouge prices. BS!
It's not actually a bug just because they rush and don't properly test or check new and updated game material. If everything Nav/NF puts out is just going to change weeks after it's released, then how can we buy with confidence if we can't trust them?
We spend ridiculous amounts of real life time, SoT, Ironite, evo materials, awakening frags..... And now 3x increase of gold.
It was already seemingly not worth it to max out. This just adds to the problem.
Yeah, I'm making a big stink.
It just seems since Navigator took over, we have seen absurd amounts of unresolved issues, while cramming more empty flare in the game. It's just a game.... I can't say it's fun anymore. And I have defended this company and their need for revenue..... but piddly crud like this is just being mean.

GrimDusk
10-11-2019, 03:06 AM
Funny thing is, the Awakening prices actually decreased with each step in the evolution. The first Awakening level cost the most in gold originally!

Discordian
10-11-2019, 03:31 AM
And to add insult to injury, there was no warning on this one - first I heard about it, I checked, and the price for final awakening had already risen by 7,350,000.00.

The DEVS could have given us a *** WARNING *** with big bells and klaxons that we had a week (or even a day) to increase if we were going to. That way, we could have gotten it sorted - for example, I wouldn't have taken time off from grinding LoL XIV to do 5 runs of Airstrip in order to finally get the new Eddie. Instead, no, a big increase (after I'd already spent the higher costs up to Level 9) without warning.

Some people - myself included - plan out their resource allocation strategies well in advance. At least a little notice before such huge changes take place would be nice - I feel like I'm getting it from both ends on this side.

I'm also sitting on a Level 10 Warrior LoL and a Level 9 Sentinel that I already paid the higher early costs for.

Basically, everybody who was at a certain awakening level when this thing dropped is being double-charged here with no warning. That's simply not cool.

TL;DR: Before major changes like this (and that amount of gold is MAJOR), we need time to strategize - which means a discreet WARNING.

Yup
10-11-2019, 04:22 AM
The difference is *overall* only 3.5mil.. it used to be that no single stage was more than 4.5 mil (I think). the problem is by the time the increase was implemented MANY were already at those final couple stages so there's an immediate 7+Mil increase there and they do NOT reap the benefit of a decrease in lower stages.

Basically, everybody who was at a certain awakening level when this thing dropped is being double-charged here with no warning. That's simply not cool.

This. Devs are PENALIZING players that were already awakening characters.

Bakura
10-11-2019, 04:54 AM
Look, I apologize for getting so riled up.
I'm just getting soooo tired of the narrowing path which is this game. They keep just adding insult to injury.
I originally was excited about Awakening toons.
I maxed one, the next ones I am not in such a hurry!

This is so we all have the facts in this discussion.
These are "Before the Hotfix" pics. All awakening toons had the same requirements.

Bakura
10-11-2019, 05:11 AM
This is so we all have the facts in this discussion.
These are "After the Hotfix" pics. All awakening toons have the same requirements.
Image for level 9 to 10 n/a.

Bakura
10-11-2019, 05:41 AM

Yup is correct.
When we paid the higher prices at the beginning and now they reverse it.
I end up paying alot then (in the beginning before the increase) and now (at the last stage after the increase)..... So if a player evolved a toon before the hotfix, but stopped at the last stage, then tries to max awaken after the hotfix, you get screwed on both ends, like my Magus LoL in these pics.

Thanks Yup.

Sr.Perverso
10-11-2019, 06:11 AM

Our Facebook group is happy and impatient about the clans.
They are uploading sketches (still very basic) for banners. One of the first, simple but gained popularity among it.

Sr.Perverso
10-11-2019, 06:13 AM
Here a meme of based in the New Eddie.

Yup
10-11-2019, 06:49 AM
What gets to me is that I was holding off max-awakening G LOL (which was GOING to cost ~3Million gold)... because I wanted to collect more 5 star colorless awakening runes first, then maybe use those to awaken another character.... but BAM!!!!!!!!!! That 3Mil cost jumped to 10+Mil with no warning.

Do we get ANY credit for paying the 4 and 5Million costs at the earlier stages of awakening??????

Frankly, if a character was awakened to stage 4 or better BEFORE the cost increase,,... You should award those accounts the difference in gold they paid.

The fact that the increase was done via a "hot fix" is even more infuriating.. it means you PURPOSEFULLY planned on an immediate change to take advantage of users. You COULD have simply rolled out the increase with the October update and made players aware that it was coming.

Imagine paying a mortgage...You pay the same amount for years... then when your last payment is due, the bank tells you that last payment is 3 times more than it was yesterday!!!!

If this were real money, these practices would be usurious and could possibly open you to litigation, but since it's all digital you get away with shit you would NEVER get away with in ACTUAL business. It REALLY shows the mindset of the company.

URock
10-11-2019, 07:01 AM
So...save your gold for the clan feature...it will be expensive like awaken a toon.
This game is about money with nice graphics and some Maiden loops causing to play in silent mode ;-)

blade685
10-11-2019, 09:46 AM
where do you reach LOL awakening shard, i'm always at 0?
i see many player with 3 fully upgraded toons and me stuck to 0

scott-5496
10-11-2019, 10:24 AM
The difference is *overall* only 3.5mil.. it used to be that no single stage was more than 4.5 mil (I think). the problem is by the time the increase was implemented MANY were already at those final couple stages so there's an immediate 7+Mil increase there and they do NOT reap the benefit of a decrease in lower stages.

100% agree it is a double kick in the nuts to those of us who got onto it quick as we had farmed loads (or spent frags to get packs) - this is defo not great for the game or for players who invested early - double hit on gold and just after an event where gold spend was a target - if I did not know better I would say this was planned but no one can be that horrible to their customers....right? Devs, you need to think this one through as it is really pretty low!

RobG-9641
10-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Clan feature is another way to quickly get players to use resources (ironite for Sands refits) to play the exclusive clan area of the game. With upper levels of Lord of Light or any specialty dungeon and events the clan area will overlap with costs of using resources. I don’t foresee players being able to play all areas of the game without spending money. It will be an either/or scenario. Plus the servers barely handle the newly added content, now to add more? What can go wrong?

blade685
10-11-2019, 01:16 PM

up, i don't loot them :)

edsel
10-11-2019, 03:18 PM

The LoL awakening shard is elusive. Seems like they dropped frequently at first referencing Druid's awakening post showing 687 runs and 17 LoL awakening shards. I farmed almost TWICE that amount of LoL 14, same level as Druid, and got ONLY 5! 6426The others I got from buying Awakening souls which dropped 1 of these for every 5 I opened on average. I spent $120 on 4 Awakening packs and over 11k ironite getting Lucifer and farming LoL ad nauseam trying to get resources, these LoL Awakening shards are definitely the bottleneck for me taking my crew all the way. He is truly a game changing overbuilt character and worth every investment I made.

wipp
10-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Can u imagine being new, with no gold? Ten mill might as well be a billion

gogosox40
10-11-2019, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=Ceeg_LOTB;107858]
Bug Reports:

While playing a match in Lord of Light floor XV a hang occurs, It is suspected that Singularity Talismans may be the cause.

Any update on when this issue will be fixed? Just tried XV after the server push / update and it still hangs.........
No point on playing that level until it is fixed I guess

Natasmai
10-11-2019, 11:06 PM
up, i don't loot them :)

you need to open awakening souls or farm LOL XI-XV with the LOL frontier key.

Beddie
10-13-2019, 11:13 AM
Also am I the only one who’s noticed the removal of Run to the Hills Eddie from souls?

HuckFinn150
10-13-2019, 02:07 PM
I saw this. I wonder why he's been removed. I checked and he's also not in the warrior souls either

RobG-9641
10-13-2019, 04:42 PM
Another day, another dungeon key wasted due to server connection issue. Developers should just rip the bandage off and convert the game to pay subscription only since that’s the slow direction game is going. Server issue gets blamed on too many players. Appease the ones willing to pay and give us broke ones a merciful death to break this stupid addiction...

Yup
10-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Also am I the only one who’s noticed the removal of Run to the Hills Eddie from souls?

Random guess.. but he's an Ed you get from the tory line like Soldier, Wickerman, GRE, Holy Smoke.. it may be that frags for him will be added.

Funny thing, when I started playing.. I pulled RTTH Ed before I got that point in the story which drops him.

Bakura
10-14-2019, 05:06 AM
Appease the ones willing to pay and give us broke ones a merciful death to break this stupid addiction...

"give us broke ones a merciful death to break this stupid addiction.."
Hahahaha🤣
So sad but true..... this is the best comment I've seen in a long time!

Ceeg_LOTB
10-15-2019, 06:04 PM
Hi Ceeg.

The weekly updates is an idea we touched upon 6-7 months ago when I did three lengthy posts about the community's feelings and remarks in the Facebook trooper group. These threads were followed and answered by llexi at the time. This would be a good starting point to understanding the different player types and their specific concerns, as collectors and gamers garner the majority of the interaction, while casual or short-lived are silent but numerous.

At the time I organised things by topics : communication, quality and design. Each received dozens of interactions you might find interesting.

The bad feeling about the price increase(s) seems to be a consensus, while event pacing is more a divided opinion to give an example.

Groups and platforms have divided this community, and most players have one platform of choice. Reddit is one of the least active at the moment and I second the doubts about this choice.

Feel free to reach me here or on Facebook under the same nickname, I'm the guy behind lotbhelper.com

I think I can help.

Hey! Feel free to send me those articles, I can take a look.

Everyone is free to use their platform of choice, but it's my job to make sure all the platforms are there!

Ceeg_LOTB
10-15-2019, 06:19 PM
Ceeg-
Thanks for putting yourself on the line as the "middle man" between the developers and the players who fund the game. I'm certain I speak for many players when I say that there's a growing lack of confidence with the developers. Dangle all the sparkling new features, characters and events in front of us, but it's not enough of a distraction to forget about bugs like the fact that I have two unresolved tickets (numbers in my signature) that I placed with customer service back in March -- over 7 months ago. Really??? C'mon... if NF can't fix an issue lingering this long, how will any of us have faith in any future updates? The more new material this game piles on it's already rickety foundation, the better chance it's all gonna crash and burn.

Hey! I looked at your tickets, the issue might still exist with the "remove beneficial effects", the team have priorities on which issues need to be dealt with and that's up to them to work on! But otherwise both your tickets were responded to. When it comes to bug fixes, we will respond to the initial ticket, but when the bug is resolved, we do not send another update to the ticket. That would be a lot of work that would be extremely hard to track unfortunately. So you should consider your tickets closed and keep an eye on the forums for bug fixes and updates!

hugoW
10-15-2019, 10:59 PM
Are you guys sure that Radiant and Venom talismans drop from Airstrip Dungeon? it doesn't even appear in the rewards section, and i have made 200 runs and not a single talisman

Yup
10-15-2019, 11:24 PM
Venom don't do shit anyway. Radiant work.. but not that much.

kkkreg5
10-22-2019, 07:01 PM
Long downtime = effed update...

druid138
10-22-2019, 07:04 PM
Long downtime = effed update...

I think the long downtime was expected. The LoL frag event announcement indicated that the event would last a day longer than normal, due to the update, which I interpret as meaning the update could take awhile.

Muzzleloader
10-22-2019, 07:13 PM
One major problem we have when we have a change is how to properly compensate for any actual or perceived wrong doing. The gold costs on awakenable characters is a little more clear cut.

Going back to the primordial fiasco, how could you fairly compensate for the missed opportunity at grabbing those gems. The same problem where they change the drop rates of rewards in dungeons during an event and afterwards without warning, trooper talisman.

I forget which sac event, but I lost alot of rewards where halfway through they changed the rewards. I had plenty of sac material and gold to claim souls, but not the time at the beginning event to do a major sacathon.

If you miss an opportunity at greatly enhanced rewards or come in after the change how should you fairly compensate everyone. Should you take back overly generous rewards.

A terrible wrong doing was when they changed the frag costs to change into souls. I didnt lose anything because I converted all the frags in question, but could have potentially have lost hundreds of souls.

kkkreg5
10-22-2019, 07:14 PM
I think the long downtime was expected. The LoL frag event announcement indicated that the event would last a day longer than normal, due to the update, which I interpret as meaning the update could take awhile.

That may be the case dru, but why not come out and say so? There's no harm in providing updates don't you think?

HuckFinn150
10-23-2019, 12:22 AM
Good update. Game won't load

Bakura
10-23-2019, 01:38 PM
In the past, because of my passion for this game, I really got pissed at all the wrong doings on behalf of the Developer. But after reading reviews for other moblie games (while shopping for an alternative) I discovered they all had the same complaints as we do about Lotb.
So I just accepted we are screwed no matter what.
So, I can't change Nav Frog, but I can change my expectations or perception. In the end, they still do what they do, but I get less gray hair from the stress, by not ranting so much.

Although my last rant got the devs to immediately provide a fix for the useless 4* & 5* colorless talis runes we got as rewards.
I just hated having to be an A**hole to get compensation.
🎃👻💀

@ Durandal_Lotb, I apologize for getting sh!tty and out of hand or unprofessional.
I appreaciate all you do and have done for us.

Bakura
10-24-2019, 07:51 AM
You hate being an A**hole? I love it 🤣
Ok, we will put you in charge of the Battering Ram when we revolt and storm the castle to overthrow these mobile gaming oppressors!
😁

Olevipoeg
10-24-2019, 08:15 AM
I agree with Bakura. There is no point of being harsh to developers. They doing best they can. And misadventures with every major updates - take it more like inside jokes. :)

scott-5496
10-24-2019, 10:11 AM
I think they are also trying their best to make it all work - it still is a small team, trying to implement a lot of changes on a very regular basis to try to keep us happy and moving forward. I do not envy them their task to ne honest. One thing I hope for is that we get an end to the server issues - that is just a pain and relatively easy to sort I would guess - there has to be more money coming into the game over recent months - it seems to me there are way more players, new names in arena etc etc. Massive influx of lower level teams with really strong characters (though maybe to do with people dropping due to grind fest we have at the moment and the ability to spend FC on LOLs etc)….not really bothered about arena as will never have the time to do it justice and the rewards are still, to me anyway, a waste of time and effort.

I was on holiday last week so was just doing the daily basics so the catch up on the LOL and Van Helsing events are murder to get through. Got a second set of Orbits that I wanted and the Warrior Wolf ps now back to Van Helsing - this has to be the heaviest grind to date?

The sac event and other new souls were really good for me for sure so really happy about that - got lots of new characters (Count/Dracula/Wolves/NotB/Magus Hiero/a couple of Minotaurs...still missing Gunner! and a few Musashi!!) I has been missing on heroic rotation. Also massive boost to ironite to help with the grind fest at the moment.....now down to 35M gold though! I sacked so many souls and got so many vortexes to get more Halloween souls - heroic Halloween etc to get thos heroic rotation toons....but in the end pretty happy just having to scrabble a bit to get Van Helsing…..but I think I can get there time wise as I can play all day if I need to (other than the server errors stopping auto play...!)!

Yup
10-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Although my last rant got the devs to immediately provide a fix for the useless 4* & 5* colorless talis runes we got as rewards.

Did it???

I contacted support to see if my 4 and 5 star colorless runes could be converted to something useful and was told ...

"No, we can't do that. They will be useful in the future." — Andy

..........this is directly contradictory to what was posted in the forums.

So where's this mythical "fix" you claim to have instigated???

Do I sell 900 of these for 1 gold (for all 900)?
Do I use 900 of them to power up a talisman to 1% of level 1 (for all 900)???

---------------

CONSISTENCY is really important overall, and really it's there that I think devs fall short. People are people and bugs WILL always happen.. but to not check basic functionality which is often broken (i.e. Frontier keys not working at all).. well.. that's just poor workflow. But we all know that QA has never been a staple of NF development.

Bakura
10-24-2019, 12:43 PM
I've been putting off emailing support like Durandal_Lotb informed us to do, in order to exchange the useless (not intended for any purpose) colorless 4* & 5* talis runes received as rewards in the LoL Dungeon.
And now Yup has informed me he did try and was given a contradicting answer.
Well, this is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. Normally I would get pissed..... but after all this time dealing with Navigator Games/Nodding Frog, I can't say I am surprised anymore.
This company never ceases to disappoint!

Here is a screen shot of her post after I posted my frustration about them wasting our time/money/and resources for useless rewards.
We should all bombard them w/ emails attaching this image, until they make good on their word and make a public apology and correction.

She acted as a representative (representing the company) and they should fulfill the promise. Then on their end correct the situation so it doesn't' happen again, meaning fix the rewards and train your employees on proper information and protocol.
As a previous customer service manager myself, I have given the customer what was promised by an employee just to satisfy the customer and as a fair business deal.
Besides, what have they got to lose, it's all digital, literally 1's & 0's..... the only thing they have to lose is my $55 dollars I was getting ready to spend on resources...... and future revenue.

Download this image as proof of her instructions, it's originally in the October 2019, Part 1 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY thread.
🎃👻💀👇

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12390-October-2019-Part-1-Tuning-Discussion-PRELIMINARY/page6

Ceeg_LOTB
10-24-2019, 03:23 PM
I've been putting off emailing support like Durandal_Lotb informed us to do, in order to exchange the useless (not intended for any purpose) colorless 4* & 5* talis runes received as rewards in the LoL Dungeon.
And now Yup has informed me he did try and was given a contradicting answer.
Well, this is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. Normally I would get pissed..... but after all this time dealing with Navigator Games/Nodding Frog, I can't say I am surprised anymore.
This company never ceases to disappoint!

Here is a screen shot of her post after I posted my frustration about them wasting our time/money/and resources for useless rewards.
We should all bombard them w/ emails attaching this image, until they make good on their word and make a public apology and correction.

She acted as a representative (representing the company) and they should fulfill the promise. Then on their end correct the situation so it doesn't' happen again, meaning fix the rewards and train your employees on proper information and protocol.
As a previous customer service manager myself, I have given the customer what was promised by an employee just to satisfy the customer and as a fair business deal.
Besides, what have they got to lose, it's all digital, literally 1's & 0's..... the only thing they have to lose is my $55 dollars I was getting ready to spend on resources...... and future revenue.

Download this image as proof of her instructions, it's originally in the October 2019, Part 1 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY thread.
🎃👻💀👇

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12390-October-2019-Part-1-Tuning-Discussion-PRELIMINARY/page6

I don't think you need to bombard us. I'm "Andy". I can take the hit for not knowing what we were doing with the 4* & 5* runes. I didn't speak with Durandal about that process and in a flurry, was replying with what information I knew!

Someone said above, "Remember they are human". That fits for us in Community as much as it does for the Developers. I'm not scared to admit that and apologize to Yup for that. If any of y'all need those replaced, send in a ticket to support saying Ceeg said to do so. I will pick up the ticket and get to fixing the rewards. One thing I will ask is to give me a bit of time, depending on how many come in. We've been pretty busy as you all can hopefully imagine.

Thanks for understanding.

Bakura
10-24-2019, 04:01 PM
I don't think you need to bombard us. I'm "Andy". I can take the hit for not knowing what we were doing with the 4* & 5* runes. I didn't speak with Durandal about that process and in a flurry, was replying with what information I knew!

Someone said above, "Remember they are human". That fits for us in Community as much as it does for the Developers. I'm not scared to admit that and apologize to Yup for that. If any of y'all need those replaced, send in a ticket to support saying Ceeg said to do so. I will pick up the ticket and get to fixing the rewards. One thing I will ask is to give me a bit of time, depending on how many come in. We've been pretty busy as you all can hopefully imagine.

Thank you, Andy! That's all we needed to hear.
Your interaction and response clears up all the misinformation and fears.

I literally just emailed support with a request for trading the talis runes, and images documenting my inventory and Durandals instructions.

Thank you for your efforts in resolving this matter!

*Forum Update to all members. Stand down, please disregard my request to bombard Nav. Games support, with emails.
False Alarm!

@ Ceeg/Andy..... ok. I think your safe now.
Thanks again.
Please tell Durandal that Bakura apologizes for being so harsh.... I too make mistakes.
👻🎃💀

Yup
10-24-2019, 04:01 PM
Thanks Ceeg,

I just replied to that ticket again, specifically stating you said this was to be done.

Ticket 45507 in case it's needed.

Just a note that the ticket was sent 3 days ago... so.. uhm.... "information at the time" kind of well... doesn't ...... yeah we're all human :)

Natasmai
10-24-2019, 05:18 PM
I dont see a reason to rush to have them convert those useless items into other useless items... I want someone to give me back my 43Mil Gold that was stolen from me because of gross incompetence. I want those 4* & 5* colorless evos to be turned into actual useful awakening materials that SHOULD be dropping in the AWAKENING frontier dungeon. That dungeon shouldnt even be dropping items that evolve talisman at all, the LOL dungeons never have. Give us the correct rewards in the correct dungeons. you guys are human, sure, but if I failed at my job as often as you guys do, a lot of people would be dead and I would never be able to find a job again.

Convert my 4* & 5* colorless evo's to gold? no thanks. Fix this right!

Yup
10-24-2019, 05:25 PM
There is no "rush" -- but there was some misinformation if they could actually be converted.

Bakura
10-24-2019, 05:42 PM
They said in a previous announcement that all dungeons would drop talis runes and other unadvertised rewards.

I originally posted comments similar to Natasmai's comment. But in the end I took whatever I could get.
Sure, it seems like we are losing out, but I think today was a small victory.
Atleast we are getting something.
Btw, sometimes there are "Real Life" issues happening, that make fighting for digital rewards, fail in comparison.

That's just my opinion. I wish we didn't have to go through all this drama just to evolve a character.

I respect everyone's opinion, and I wish all Troopers good luck!

But atleast we got this cleared up ... for now!

***JomsVikings***
The top clan of Lotb,.... now if we could just check in!
👍🎃

Bakura
10-31-2019, 05:39 PM
If any of y'all need those replaced, send in a ticket to support saying Ceeg said to do so. I will pick up the ticket and get to fixing the rewards. One thing I will ask is to give me a bit of time, depending on how many come in. We've been pretty busy as you all can hopefully imagine.

Thanks Ceeg (a.k.a. Andy!)
I did get your adjustment of my inventory.

To everyone else, YES.... they did convert my 4* & 5* coloreless (rainbow) talis runes that drop in the LoL 11-15 dungeons, to all 3* !!!

Yup
10-31-2019, 05:50 PM
Well, no one has converted mine. Still sitting on 808 4 stars and 80 5 stars... I replied to the ticket stating Ceeg said to do so.. nuthin..... But with the mess the clan beta caused, I'm sure they are tad overwhelmed.

Ceeg_LOTB
10-31-2019, 08:48 PM
I'm sure they are tad overwhelmed.
You got that right! Don't worry, your ticket is still on the list, the conversion WILL happen!

Yup
10-31-2019, 09:11 PM
There's no hurry :) Sorry if my previous post seemed to indicate I was antsy.. I'm not. :) Whenever is fine with me :) Heck I'll probably forget about it.. then be surprised when it happens :)

edsel
10-31-2019, 10:21 PM
You got that right! Don't worry, your ticket is still on the list, the conversion WILL happen!

66716672hoping my lord of light rewards will be adjusted, cleared the 3000. Waited a week to be able to claim It from a achievements bug, Then progress towards the 5000 mark reset to 1200?! Popping keys the whole time I should be at about 4k right now... I have an open ticket about the Achievement bug. When I get a reply I will bring this up at that point instead of creating another new separate ticket? Thanks Andy-

fred10141988
11-06-2019, 04:14 AM
After this update, the error about connection is showing more often......