PDA

View Full Version : Van Helsing Eddie (Assassin Type)

Leviathan
10-16-2019, 12:05 AM

PASSIVE

Silver Cross
Prevent all allies from taking damage for the first two round of battle.
Remove Immunity and Perfect Immunity and inflict Exhaust on up to 2 random enemies at the start of your turn after the first round of battle.
Heal 25% of your MAX HP and revive a random ally after each action.

BASIC SKILLS

Dusk
Deals physical and magic damage.
25% Chance to Critically Strike on each hit.
Deal one hit of Additional Physical and Magic damage to the enemy based on their ATK and DEF stats if the target has no negative effects present on them.
25% Chance for an Extra Turn.
LV 2/3/4/5/6/7 DMG+ 5/5/10/15/20/25%

Scream
Deal one hit of Physical and one hit of Magic damage to a single target.
50% Chance to Critically Strike.
Remove Doom, Perfect Disable, and Perfect Death from all allies.
Gain Fury.
Grants Immunity and Thorn Shields to all allies for 2 turns.
LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 10/15/20/25%

Claim
Deals one hit of magic damage and one hit of physical damage to all enemies.
Remove All Shields before dealing damage.
50% Chance to Critically Strike.
Cleanse all allies if any ally is inflicted with Permadeath or Stun.
Heals all allies based on their MAX HP.
Grants an additional Healing based on MISSING HP for every Mark on the target.
LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 10/15/20/25%

POWER SKILLS

Rouse
Deals physical and magic damage.
50% Chance to Revive a dead ally.
Instantly gain an Extra Turn.
LV 2/4/5 DMG+ 10/10/15%
LV 3/6 Effect Chance +10/10%

Mark
Deals true damage to a single target.
Marks the target for 3 turns.
Marks can be consumed with Perfect Hits to deal true damage.
LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 5/10/15/20%

Stake
Deals true damage to a single target.
Gain Critical Strike chance with 100% Critical Chance for 2 turns if the enemy is Marked.
LV 2/3/4/5/6/7 DMG+ 5/5/5/10/10/15%

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 3 Assassin

GrimDusk
10-16-2019, 09:48 PM
As far as I'm concerned, that passive is going to be unstoppable if people in the arena manage to get their hands on this Eddie. Stopping ALL damage for two turns is all it takes to unleash a torrent of pain.

HuckFinn150
10-16-2019, 10:09 PM
As far as I'm concerned, that passive is going to be unstoppable if people in the arena manage to get their hands on this Eddie. Stopping ALL damage for two turns is all it takes to unleash a torrent of pain.

You'll see the arena and Gauntlet die quick, if no one thinks they have a chance against him.

Ydex
10-16-2019, 10:15 PM
Disable Passive/Perfect Disable is one of the must-have abilities. Already, I thought.

GrimDusk
10-16-2019, 10:31 PM
Disable Passive/Perfect Disable is one of the must-have abilities. Already, I thought.

Singularity nullifies that.

Ydex
10-16-2019, 10:41 PM
Singularity nullifies that.

So it does, had to go look at my Singularity set. It's hard to keep up with all the game mechanic-breaking Talismans.

So, Van Helsing on a team with Singularities-- you've got the 1st round to disable, take out their hardest hitter, and quickly put up a defense.

There's a lot of defensive Talismans that only affect the first two rounds, I guess this is the offensive counterpoint to that.

GrimDusk
10-16-2019, 10:47 PM
No, you can't even disable on the first round. The talismans give immunity, which prevent it from being inflicted then as well.

Ydex
10-16-2019, 10:58 PM
Remove immunity from Van Helsing, disable his passive (from all allies), THEN take out... someone... hopefully, then curl up in fetal position for the next round.

edsel
10-16-2019, 11:03 PM
He is a very strong Eddie, still playing around with talismans and support team but Singularity is a must.

URock
10-17-2019, 10:52 AM
All I can read are assumptions, because nobody knows exactly how all these Passives, Disabling Passives, Buffs and Debuffs are working together or what is "counting" first. It's a total shame that we're getting absolut zero information about these things from the Dev-Team. Everything is analysed by us, the players, and nothing from the guys who get paid for it.
I see many new players who are leaving the game after short fights because the lack of information.

Olevipoeg
10-17-2019, 11:01 AM
It is possible to take him down before 2nd round. Crave and Mark can do some damage.

Esquatcho
10-17-2019, 12:22 PM
It is possible to take him down before 2nd round. Crave and Mark can do some damage.

Ooh, yeah I noticed that in the dungeon actually!

URock
10-19-2019, 03:03 PM
So is he the game changer in PvP or do we see the same setup of toons the next months?

Yup
10-19-2019, 06:09 PM
So is he the game changer in PvP or do we see the same setup of toons the next months?

I don't think so. But, we'll see I guess.

I think he's similar to Ferryman.. a glass cannon.. disable the passive (or wait 2 turns) and he's a 1 shot kill.

Ancient Mariner
10-20-2019, 01:15 PM
I don't think so. But, we'll see I guess.

I think he's similar to Ferryman.. a glass cannon.. disable the passive (or wait 2 turns) and he's a 1 shot kill.

you'd better manage to disable his passive, otherwise you won't survive 2 turns while his team doesn't take damage lol

Freddy
10-22-2019, 09:57 PM
I'm kind of confused as to what Talismans I should throw on him. Anyone have any suggestions?
For that matter, I'm not sure what works best with any of the new toons, (Drac, each Werewolf)

URock
10-23-2019, 11:02 AM
you'd better manage to disable his passive, otherwise you won't survive 2 turns while his team doesn't take damage lol
My team (sometimes only one toon) with Van Helsing got damage in these first two rounds, but I wasn't able to figure out what was the reason...too much bugs in PvP and I'm unable to analyze what buff is causing what debuff and so on.
Arena is just RNG and not maths.

URock
10-23-2019, 11:08 AM
I'm kind of confused as to what Talismans I should throw on him. Anyone have any suggestions?
For that matter, I'm not sure what works best with any of the new toons, (Drac, each Werewolf)
Labyrinth and/or Eclipse. Van Helsing needs to survive after the two rounds of "Godmode" :D

Freddy
10-23-2019, 05:03 PM
Labyrinth and/or Eclipse. Van Helsing needs to survive after the two rounds of "Godmode" :D

Labrynths, the bane of my frigging existence in PVP. That percentage must skyrocket on defense, since I hit a Raven Witch equipped with them 45 times before she actually took a solid hit. Alas, I'm too new to have those talis :(

URock
10-28-2019, 11:03 PM
"Prevent all allies from taking damage for the first two round of battle"

Why is it possible, that damage is breaking through this passive? The info text says nothing about this. How does this work? Can somebody explain why there is no 100% prevention of taking damage in these two first rounds?

Mario.Ahner
10-29-2019, 06:17 AM

Can somebody explain why there is no 100% prevention of taking damage in these two first rounds?

Simply because Naughty Fraud knows exactly what they are doing

seneuk
10-29-2019, 07:27 AM
Hello
What are the best talismans to use with VHE?
Thanks

Ip4
10-29-2019, 08:22 AM
I use cosmic + labirinth

URock
10-29-2019, 09:30 AM
It's because of the different damage types. "Reflected Damage" "Damage through buffs" "Damage from marked attacks" etc. is not "Damage".
Next to come is: "Monday Damage", "Tuesday Damage" ...

Mario.Ahner
10-29-2019, 12:08 PM
I would say it is a bug as always (almost all new toons are not working like they should:

http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/character-en/van-helsing-eddie-assassin/

http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/talisman-en/steel-warrior/
"Gain invincibility for 2 turns at the start of battle. Invincibility prevents you from taking damage."

And of cause not one of those new toons get fixed, they simply are going to release new bugged toons.

razgriz
12-15-2019, 10:04 PM

Why is it possible, that damage is breaking through this passive? The info text says nothing about this. How does this work? Can somebody explain why there is no 100% prevention of taking damage in these two first rounds?

do u remember what characters u fought against that dmg ur VhE? cause when facing him in gauntlet i can never do dmg against him i just load my team with dmg reduction abilities to survive till 3rd round; also im assuming its something with it being us with these characters that certain things dont work like how few things work on bosses: i have the beast awakened to tier 1 and in LoL XI+ his basic attack never removes gold beneficial effects from non boss enemies yet when i face him in pvp/gauntlet he's always able to remove my gold effects. also if u hace the ability to record a video of ur screen when playing thats a great way of looking back on things like this

Razgriz-1173

Yup
12-15-2019, 10:07 PM
If Van Helsing's passive is disabled.. he and the team take damage.. first 2 turns or not. The "bug" is that passive disable buffs don't alway show.

Then there are toons like Dark Lilith.. which will disable his passive and THEN do damage... she does the same thing where invincibility is concerned.. removes the buff THEN does damage.

Demon33
12-19-2019, 02:05 AM
Noob just starting out. Collecting ironite to buy characters any suggestions? Have about 2000 ironite right now.

MetalKing
12-28-2019, 11:47 PM
Frontier coins are on sale now for ironite. If you already have some frontier coins saved, several good characters are on sale (gambler. Alexander). Van helsing is available as a potential character in the holiday souls if you have the cash to buy the packs, or can grind a few dungeons.