PDA

View Full Version : How do I counter the Werewolves’ passive ability?

Doostin
10-22-2019, 12:12 AM
I’m trying to beat the Dracula dungeon on madness difficulty, but every time I hit a werewolf my whole team is pretty much wiped out. How do I counter passives that do damage to my team whenever I attack them?

Natasmai
10-22-2019, 11:37 AM
passive disable, or a stronger team that can take the damage and not die. Also you should try to have a character that one hits once with their attack, it returns damage for each hit it receives, so if you use a character that hits 6 times, your team is taking 6 hits back.

Muzzleloader
10-22-2019, 12:10 PM
I dont know if I tried it, but does the prisoner disable thier passive?

I have the cosmic LoL, I used the power move to remove all buffs without hitting them so there was no revenge or damage returned. Then I used wrathchilds normal move to kill them. I also used g Krampus to freeze any remaining.

If you cant cant disable passive, you can try and remove thier shields and revenge and kill them individually.

HuckFinn150
10-22-2019, 12:50 PM
I think the Prisoner is one of the few who has a passive to disable all passives. I used him a lot to go against Ferryman

Ydex
10-22-2019, 05:28 PM
I tried the Prisoner and I don't think he disabled the Starfire passive. In retrospect, maybe he did and I was getting damage returned from their reflect shields. I will try the Prisoner + remove the shield on 1 wolf & target them 1st round.

Incidentally I DID survive with the Prisoner, but I think that was because I had less offensive power. So I tried running a team that had non-offense moves I could use in the first round, and were mostly Sentinels so they could win via endurance. This works, to run Madness on manual.

i.e. If you don't hit the wolves hard, you won't kill yourself.

Yup
10-22-2019, 05:29 PM
Nothing disables talisman passives. Prisoner will disable character passives, but not talisman passives.

For talisman passives you have to work against them, they can't be disabled..

For example.. Lightbringer talisman passive grants Perfect Immortality to the team.. but if the enemy casts permadeath.. that overrides Immortality.. or if you remove yellow buffs, that will remove the Perfect Immortality.

Or, Sustaining talismans heal .. but if the character has Heal Block inflicted that overrides the healing from the talisman.

Or Warloard talismans grant offensive buffs, but if you have a character passive that prevents the enemy from gaining buffs (or Radiant talismans on your team)... Warlords can't grant buffs.

In general no talisman passives can be disabled, they can only be countered.

Ydex
10-22-2019, 05:36 PM
Nothing disables talisman passives. Prisoner will disable character passives, but not talisman passives.

For talisman passives you have to work against them, they can't be disabled..

For example.. Lightbringer talisman passive grants Perfect Immortality to the team.. but if the enemy casts permadeath.. that overrides Immortality. Or, Sustaining talismans heal .. but if the character has Heal Block inflicted that overrides the healing from the talisman.

In general no talisman passives can be disabled, they can only be countered.

So are the shields displayed on the wolves the buffs granted by Starfire? Or is the reflect damage power even visible?

Yup
10-22-2019, 05:40 PM
I've hit "Game Maintenance' which means I can't check right now.. and may not be able to for 4-6 hours.

Starfires don't "block" anything if I recall, they absorb and reflect, so there's no shield specifically. Any shield buff is from something else.

The reflected damage.. yes that could very well be from Starfires. It won't be visible as a shield or anything.

The M Werewolf reflects true damage, but you'd never know that unless you read his stats/abilities. But since M Werewolf's reflection is a character passive, that can be disabled via Passive Disable (Prisoner) or Perfect Disable. Starfires damage reflection can't be disabled other than stunning/freezing/killing the character wearing them. -- And Starfires are new.. so I'm not certain if stun/freeze disables the reflection.

Ydex
10-22-2019, 06:01 PM
I would count as "game mechanic-breaking" any situation where it can't be determined whether a power is active or not, or which methods to disable it actually worked. How can you build a strategy based on guesswork?

Muzzleloader
10-22-2019, 06:03 PM
I maybe wrong, but I thought that the m werewolfs on wave three had a blue revenge and reflect shield upon the start of the round. I found that if I removed the buffs on the first ally attack without doing damage (cosmic LoL power move) I could take them out with the second ally. I had alchemy on another toon to stop any damage from attacks, but that doesnt stop the reflected damage.

Yup
10-22-2019, 06:18 PM
I would count as "game mechanic-breaking" any situation where it can't be determined whether a power is active or not, or which methods to disable it actually worked. How can you build a strategy based on guesswork?

If you want definitive mechanics this is NOT the app for you. EVERYTHING the devs create is always "this is how we THINK it'll work." They CLEARLY don't test or confirm anything.. players do.

Muzzleloader
10-22-2019, 06:32 PM
I found that about 90% of what people post about things being broken, either misinterpret the skill/buff or doesnt understand all the interactions of your opponents skills/buffs.

Broken is definetly when passive skill remain after reviving and only work on your opponents. Many newer talisman just dont work at all is definetly broken mechanics.

I found is easier to point out if you think there is an error and let people make thier comments. We all suffer the same problems so continuing to whine about the same issue is of no value.

Ydex
10-22-2019, 06:34 PM
My assumption has always been that the devs auto-test every feature vs. a matrix of existing content, and the "AI" and ability to "auto" were just offshoots of features-testing tools. If that's not what they're doing, I don't understand how it would be possible to balance so much content.

Natasmai
10-22-2019, 06:43 PM
I found that about 90% of what people post about things being broken, either misinterpret the skill/buff or doesnt understand all the interactions of your opponents skills/buffs.

Broken is definetly when passive skill remain after reviving and only work on your opponents. Many newer talisman just dont work at all is definetly broken mechanics.

I found is easier to point out if you think there is an error and let people make thier comments. We all suffer the same problems so continuing to whine about the same issue is of no value.

Just to be clear, when I said that Van Helsing was a "broken" character, I didnt mean he wasnt coded right, I meant that he literally is too overpowered and will "break" the intent of the game.

Otherwise, I agree with you, often people bitching about bugs and broken things simply dont read enough to fully understand the game mechanics... Like Raven Witch + Trooper Talisman as an example.

My assumption has always been that the devs auto-test every feature vs. a matrix of existing content, and the "AI" and ability to "auto" were just offshoots of features-testing tools. If that's not what they're doing, I don't understand how it would be possible to balance so much content.

The content isnt balanced, and they dont really test. If they tested, we would be getting new talisman that have no effect, or new characters with a passive that is literally not even there. It happens ALL the time, ever event. Then when we test and troubleshoot the game for them, they release hotfixes.

Muzzleloader
10-22-2019, 06:58 PM
Natasmai, I wasnt referring to OP toons in general as being broken or just to juiced for thier own good. It was about specific skills abilities not working, working incorrectly or just midunderstood.

A nice instance is where charolette isnt reviving toons. I never found a problem with her. It states revives a random toon. If the toon chosen is alive it looks like it is not working. Now some new toons have the description revives dead alles.

Ydex
10-22-2019, 08:00 PM

I’m not talking about “broken” as in needs a bug fix. By “game mechanic” I mean the assumptions for how a player interacts with the UI. Specifically, that you can float over a toon to see active effects, and passives listed are listed on the top of the screen. If you remove an effect, it stops being displayed. If you remove/disable/counteract a passive— is there any “knowable” indication? If not, then how do you know, of the things you tried, which worked?

If the new meta is Talisman Passive-based, then “guessing” what affects them breaks the game.

Yup
10-22-2019, 08:04 PM
Unless a buff is present you won't know... and there are bugs that prevent buffs form displaying..i.e. after turn 1 the Prisoner randomly disables passives of an enemy.. but there's no way to know WHICH enemy he's disabled because a bug prevents the buff from displaying.