PDA

View Full Version : Game is 2 months old - Thoughts?

jpmusic
09-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Hey!

Yesterday the game turned 2 months old. I wanted to start this thread to discuss thoughts so far. Lots of people here (including myself) have complained a lot about bugs, crashes, low drop rates... Overall, here's what I think:

LOTB is a good game that requires A LOT of improvement. Graphics, soundtrack, story... all that is amazing, and I am quite satisfied with the results so far, I want to see where the story goes when the next world is released. BUT: despite having some great areas, the game can improve a lot by doing the following:

- Have the development team improve their communication with us! Even though we have begged for you to tell us how you are doing, and what you are doing to make the game better we haven't received any information or updates on the actual bugs. We just know that you are working on things, but not how or when they're going to be fixed. A couple messages here on the forums go a long way.
- Fix the drop rates. Back when the game started they were fine, you could grind a lot and, eventually, you would get what you needed. Even 3* evo shards. After the dungeons were introduced we have been facing hell. Not only have the drop rates on the normal campaign been tampered with, but also the Time Rift. Getting the shards is still very difficult, and that was the whole purpose of the time rift: to make it easier. It clearly hasn't served its purpose.
- Despite fixing the server several times the game still crashes, and the updates to us gamers feel like they don't do absolutely nothing but make the game worse.
- On average there has been just 1 app update PER MONTH. That is (in my opinion) just unacceptable. If there's a problem with the app (like me currently unable to play due to Android N) we have no idea on when this will be fixed, it could be a month or even more. That is discouraging.

I've had a lot of fun with the game, but things are getting worse, and worse... I just hope this game doesn't die way too early.

Nekroliun
09-06-2016, 03:42 PM
I agree with most of what you said

Im excited to know what the alchemist has to offer story wise, cuz he was epic when he flamed that void thingy away from Eddie, and u kno, figure what happened to the clairvoyant's bro and what is that wierd void thingy!

On bugs ive only encountered the incredibly annoying crashes while starting lvls

I agree, the campaign has the drop rate of the warglaives, even basic talismans for starting the game and filling your allies dont drop often! Time rift wise i had great drops, 2 3* evo shards usually in one lvl! for the class that i dont use...

The game has an amazing potential to grow into a masterpiece, but it still needs major stabilisation and bug fixing.

woodol
09-06-2016, 03:46 PM
I enjoy playing this game every day but it's now a little boring : you farm you farm you farm and 1 loot on 100 is the required... 3* red evo shards or evo rainbow runes are very poor
So I agree :
- A good game, reflecting Iron Maiden story and characters.
- A fast fix about the drop rate is needed
- A fix (crashes,...) and a communication about next fix is needed

Vertax616
09-06-2016, 05:49 PM
I have been playing this game since its launch. I think it has a great potential. Graphics, music (of course :D), and the story is great. I really enjoy playing it. But as the other posts said, a better communication with players is needed. Even a little message would make a big difference, this way we will know what devs are working on as players.
Also drop rates need a serious tweaking. I managed to upgrade my Soldier Eddie to 5* 2 days ago and I am very happy about that but I have been playing Time Rifts since its launch. A better drop rate would make players more satisfied regarding the game. To sum up, better communication and better drop rates are needed.

Baba-8301
09-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Drop rates feel terrible now. I'm glad I had the opportunity to grind a lot before they were tuned. Being able to get rare souls from rifts is a plus though. Until new content comes along I'm mainly in it for the rare assassin/soldier souls so am grinding fairly trivial content (cheap in terms of Sands, plus I could do with a stock of the more basic talismans).

Nekroliun
09-06-2016, 06:21 PM
You kno what would maybe be good? Some kind of communication system between players ingame, maybe guilds people can join? Or a private messaging system between troopers! Alot would be happy with that!

Papaj
09-06-2016, 07:31 PM
The game is surprisingly good, all things considered. At first, I was reluctant to give it a try, as I feared that it would be a cash - in on IM's popularity, but it turned out to be pretty addictive.

That being said, it still feels like it's in early beta. Nothing wrong with that, considering you are not actually forced to pay anything. But, given its state, I'm afraid that many players might be turned off by the number of bugs still present. To be honest, each update seems to fix some bugs and introduce some new, which is kind of a downer.

What the game really needs, however, is some serious tweaks to the balance. Whole essays have been written about the drop rates and I fully agree, that we have a serious issue.
People used to complain about the drop rate of evo shards even before the Time Rift update, and Time Rifts have been advertised as means to fix the issue. However, while drop rates in the campaign were reduced, those in the Rifts don't seem to be adequate. There are days when you can burn through Sands of Time and Ironite grinding Lord of Light lvl VIII - X whole day, and not see a single 3* evo shard. It sort of inhibits progress, and no one likes to play something where you can't level up, figuratively speaking.

Also, too much time has passed since we actually got a really significant new feature, despite being teased with promises. For instance:
1. A way to make duplicate characters useful - that was advertised over a month ago, IIRC;
2. Dark City update - there were rumours, that it would be ready come September, still no sign of it coming;

One major thing that would be welcome, especially considering game freezes etc., would be to "pay" for the battle with Sands of Time only when the result screen appears, same goes for Troopers. Unfortunately, despite it being relatively simple to introduce and many players demanding that kind of change, there is no information regarding such a tweak. It would be nice to get some response from the dev team, regarding that matter, whether it was "fine, it's an interesting idea", or "no, we won't do that because.... <insert reasons>".

While we're at it, the dev teams don't really give much feedback to players' suggestions. Of course, Matt and Lamia seem like nice people, they're very polite and all, but overall their presence on the forums is pretty rare. While browsing this message board, I noticed that there were some fantastic community contributors here, with brilliant ideas and I think that they don't really get the credit they deserve, by which I mean their suggestions being noticed ant taken into consideration. Of course, that might not be the case, but I feel like it would be nice if the dev team responded more often to the ideas being thrown by some of the more creative and insightful members of the forum. Even if the answer was "no".

These are some of the biggest issues the game currently suffers from.

Overall I feel like LOTB may one day evolve into a brilliant game, it has a lot of potential and with the introduction of new features and content, it might interest even some people that don't like Iron Maiden. Right now it's a product for die-hard fans, I think. Yet, it's fun and all the issues I mentioned don't really mean one can't enjoy it.

MuadDib-7367
09-06-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm enjoying the game and also am frustrated by the bugs and glitches. As long as the devs continue to address the issues and add new content I will be around for the long-term. While I agree with most of the previously expressed opinions, I will offer a dissenting opinion on drop rates. I find the drop rates to be consistent with what I have experienced in other online games. As a player, I would greatly enjoy being able to farm enough runes to level a character to 5* every day, but realistically, that would destroy the game. I typically grind Level 8 or above in the rift modes and on average it drops enough to level about one toon per week, which is consistent with other games. Honestly this game is not a great pay to win at teh moment as I am sure most whales have maxxed out all the decent toons.

Going forward I expect a credit crunch. Players will have enough 5* toons, but won't have the credits to level up talisman to fully exploit their abilities. Once I get a core squad of 5-8 characters maxxed out with talisman, then I plan to build up credits until I have enough to react when a new OP character comes along.

Usul
09-06-2016, 10:13 PM
While I'm ok with a grindy mobile game, (cause lets face it if i want to play a more dynamic game I have the PC I'm typing this on) the drop rates may be my single biggest issue. there are 3 significant parts:
-3 star evolution shards cant be had. i don't have a single 5 star Eddie or Ally and I'm not likely to get one soon at the rate these things drop (not to mention the times when the lord of light crashes)
- Red evolution runes drop significantly less often see several other threads for details
- certain rune sub types don't seem drop anymore. for example the Health Talisman (green) only drops as the overwhelming sub type. id really like to be able to get one more mystical to have a set.

I would also like to see more game stability but understand that can take time.

Communication needs to improve. I'm sure the devs are becoming numb to this complaint by now, but guys a weekly update about what you are working on would be nice for those of us patiently sticking with you and helping beta test bug riddled software instead of throwing up our hands in disgust and leaving for greener pastures.

007RAV15-8839
09-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Way better than i expected from a freemium game! I love collecting Eddies!

Terribly high crash rate! Losing out on badges and sands huge minus.

Evo shard drop rate about right with dungeons. Levelling up a character 1-2weeks is fair.

However I see the dungeons having nothing to do with Iron Maiden.

3*Evo runes seem hard to come by for talisman.

Please add use for duplicate characters!!!

I wish there were Eddie only gems to buy with badges.

ShadowRising
09-06-2016, 11:01 PM
agree with a lot said here, i to enjoy the game, yep drop rates suck, communication is key, i am playing another game and visit the forum daily and to give those devs an example of how a community likes to hear from them i copied and pasted the main part of the rift and fixes announcement from here to there simply because i was impressed with what they did in just over a month, BUT there pretty much has been nothing here from the devs since. the good thing about this game is the free in game currency and other stuff we get by working for it and playing their game, that other one i play does not do this among SEVERAL other reasons so i rarely play now and stopped the cash flow for a few months now.

Chernobog3
09-07-2016, 05:48 AM
The game is... fair. Sometimes exciting in pay off, sometimes rather tiresome because you can frequently get nothing of what you need or want. The RNG being so swingy plays a lot into that. Some thoughts...

+I love the heavy metal themed atmosphere. Closest thing to a heavy metal rpg scenario I've seen since Brutal Legend.
+The music samples are very good. SFX too, really.
+The story, while not amazing, was oddly satisfying as it progressed. I liked the whole Clairvoyant arc. She actually had a fleshed out story to her.
+The various Eddies are pretty cool and creative. I like how they all have very different stats and abilities.
+The Lord of Light dungeons added in some much needed function, albeit at a time cost, to get some gems/runes.
+The lack of external advertising is wonderful.
+The surroundings look great. I love the trippy light road for Lord of Light and the building ruins on the battlefield stage.
+Ironite gifts for the recent server issues. Tasty.

-A lot of the Eddies really aren't as effective as Soldier Eddie. He's incredibly strong and always useful. The others, more or less, are kind of niche usage and harder to farm with. Some have extremely low hp even when compared to non-tanky monster allies.
-The allies are kind of a sausage party when they're not gender neutral... I think there's 2 harpies you can actually get on the team, and the goddess harpies aren't amongst them. Would be nice to have a few feminine monsters.
-Lack of a real progression path. The RNG on shards and runes is bad and it just gets worse the higher you go. I'm drowning in 4 star characters I've worked up, but short of a few Troopers, I don't have anyone who can handle the higher level dungeons to get the presumably better shard and rune drops. I can't even spend Ironite to get the stuff I need. There is feeling of spinning my wheels in the mud sometimes.
-I wish we could farm quicker. Letting the game run in predictable battles you know you'll win ties up my phone IRL for too long. With almost 50 troopers, it takes a while to go through everyone and I typically have to run the game on auto twice a day for the time cost it takes.
-Game crashes and freezes still feel a bit too common. That you lose resources for them is annoying.
-Could stand to be more Iron Maiden music. I also wonder what some of the samples are from.
-Renaming Axis Commander... c'mon.

slauki
09-07-2016, 01:17 PM
i agree with all of you guys, i just answer, so that the devs see, that many people have the same opinions.

i really like the game and it has a huge potential but:

1.the communication is atrocious. a few weeks ago matt or lamia wrote a few sentinces once in a while, but now we don't know where we're at. i cannot be that hard to write a a few words in the forum. that would really help a lot.
2. the droprate for runes is really bad. it's almost not possible to push your talismans even if you grind 24/7 (the droprate for 3* evo shards in the dungeons are okay imo)

I understand that the team works primarely on bugfixing and game stabilization, but why can't they let us know what they are doing and what we can expect...

i hope that things will be better soon :-)

hanZ
09-07-2016, 01:52 PM
3* Evoshards are okay? I'm ill at home and refilled the sands a lot this week and got not a single 3* evoshard. In ... maybe 60 or 80 runs (stage X timerift) since the server maintenance :( Droprates of high-level stuff is insanely low and it gets worse patch by patch. I could understand this, if they would sell 3*evoshards or 3*rainbow runes ... but they don't. So whats the point? I know quite a few people stopped playing because progress is impossible for them. Those who already own some highevel chars and equip are just playing to maximize some more chars. But at the moment this is also nearly impossible.

osogaru
09-07-2016, 04:40 PM
I agree with everything! The game is really great and i would love to continue playing without asking what will be the next bug...
- too many crashes (since 2 monthes i cant count the number of trooper points and sands of time lost)
- i cannot buy skill shard with trooper points since 3 weeks (mail at the support : no answer / pm Lamia as she asked one week ago but no answer)
- the legenday soul should give a 5 * character...
- the drop rate for 3 * evo shards is really bad since the tome rif opened... In july it was ok !
Well i wait for an update with real improvment. Hop it will be soon :)

slauki
09-07-2016, 05:54 PM
3* Evoshards are okay? I'm ill at home and refilled the sands a lot this week and got not a single 3* evoshard. In ... maybe 60 or 80 runs (stage X timerift) since the server maintenance :( Droprates of high-level stuff is insanely low and it gets worse patch by patch. I could understand this, if they would sell 3*evoshards or 3*rainbow runes ... but they don't. So whats the point? I know quite a few people stopped playing because progress is impossible for them. Those who already own some highevel chars and equip are just playing to maximize some more chars. But at the moment this is also nearly impossible.

well but you only need 9 to complete one character to 5*. this is possible, even if it's hard. it's bad luck that you got none in 60-80 runs, but they definetly drop in the dungeons and you can upgrade approx. one character per week if you grind enough (i refill once a day).
but to complete one set of talismans for one character you need 5*9 = 45 3* evo runes. and they drop as often as the 3* shards. so THAT is really ugly...that's why i stopped searching for more characters, untill i finish the talismans...will take 3 months i guess ;-)

jpmusic
09-07-2016, 06:40 PM
And still no comments from the devs... :(

Papaj
09-07-2016, 07:32 PM
And still no comments from the devs... :(

I think that's one thing everyone agrees on: lack of communication is somewhat frustrating. It's no coincidence that everyone posting here has mentioned that issue.

BillLion
09-07-2016, 07:34 PM
I think that's one thing everyone agrees on: lack of communication is somewhat frustrating. It's no coincidence that everyone posting here has mentioned that issue.

It was really starting to improve. Hopefully, we'll see that turn back around and become consistent.

Papaj
09-07-2016, 07:50 PM
It was really starting to improve. Hopefully, we'll see that turn back around and become consistent.

Yeah, but right now we're kinda in the dark. And I'm not talking about stuff like ETA of the next update (although that would be lovely), but even some bug reports being aknowledged....

MuadDib-7367
09-07-2016, 07:55 PM

Agreed. A weekly post would be helpful, even if they have nothing to report. Knowing the devs are lurking around the boards would go along way in boasting player confidence.

aceshigh
09-08-2016, 03:16 PM
RED 3* EVO RUNES is the biggest problem for me . They dont drop :P

DIEDD
09-08-2016, 05:57 PM

I'm with you.
3*red evo runes drop should be corrected.

Aristo4
09-08-2016, 09:24 PM

These? just got this same duo 3 times in 25 concecutive in The Prisoner Underworld Madness

jpmusic
09-08-2016, 11:14 PM
It's just so random that some people might get a lot of them while others don't. That's why one of the main suggestions so far has been a trade system.

Vaseodin
09-08-2016, 11:42 PM
The drops for runes is atrocious. I can upload screen shots of me having over 99 red 3star, 80 blue 3star, 75 yellow 3 star. 99+ purple 3star. and close to 40green 3 star (i've evolved some green talismans), and yet only have 8 rainbow 3star. this is a HUGE problem. how shouldl this even be possible?

Papaj
09-09-2016, 04:21 PM
The drops for runes is atrocious. I can upload screen shots of me having over 99 red 3star, 80 blue 3star, 75 yellow 3 star. 99+ purple 3star. and close to 40green 3 star (i've evolved some green talismans), and yet only have 8 rainbow 3star. this is a HUGE problem. how shouldl this even be possible?
That's Murphy's Laws of LOTB in practice, lol. I can't find any one star red runes, while not complaining about colorless ones ;)

URock
09-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Drop system is broken and if there's no new game content, the game will lose more and more player.

In the meanwhile it's just a boring farming game. Always the same boring dungeons (Timerift for the evo shards or Underworld for the evo runes).

Another boring thing is the cooldown time of the secret dungeons: up to 5 (!) days (Underworld madness). What will it be when Dark City is opened? 5 month? Why? The most time you get crap items and gold, but you cannot buy the items you need...

No information about droprates, dropplaces or basics of the attack/defense stats with formulas that can explain the working of skills and effects.

No information about future game content...

Sry, but the hype is over and only the love to Iron Maiden will not keep the game alive...

slauki
09-09-2016, 08:52 PM

well every time you get 9 evo runes you evolve a talisman and they are gone. the other ones just add up :-) the droprate of 3* rainbows should be twice as high as for the coloured ones but i think, that they drop equally, which leads to the imbalance...they should really do something but they seem to be on vacation for weeks now ;-)

Vertax616
09-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Still no response from devs... Even a little "hi" would be enough at this point.

tex-0775
09-13-2016, 11:22 AM
When the game starts for the first time, it does what a game is supposed to (even with the bugs and crashes). It should be fun (check) and it should be possible to make progress (check).

Then, at some point Underworld Madness is over and done with, 3 gold skulls are obtained in all stages and now problems arise, since whats left, besides keeping troopers happy and waiting for new content to arrive, is to upgrade chars and talismans

Now the game stops being fun and it is almost impossibe to make progress due to the awful droprate for anything useful. It now becomes tedious and boring and grinding is the only option left in the hope of getting those 3* we all want to evolve chars and talismans.

Dunno if the devs expect me to throw more money after the game, I have also paid just to get crap from the legendary pack, ironite (for rare souls) and whatever, but I'm done with that until money actually will get me somewhere in the game.

So to the devs, bring the fun back \m/

tex-0775: Master of (digital) Puppets, whoops, wrong band ;-)

BillLion
09-13-2016, 11:47 AM
When the game starts for the first time, it does what a game is supposed to (even with the bugs and crashes). It should be fun (check) and it should be possible to make progress (check).

Then, at some point Underworld Madness is over and done with, 3 gold skulls are obtained in all stages and now problems arise, since whats left, besides keeping troopers happy and waiting for new content to arrive, is to upgrade chars and talismans

Now the game stops being fun and it is almost impossibe to make progress due to the awful droprate for anything useful. It now becomes tedious and boring and grinding is the only option left in the hope of getting those 3* we all want to evolve chars and talismans.

Dunno if the devs expect me to throw more money after the game, I have also paid just to get crap from the legendary pack, ironite (for rare souls) and whatever, but I'm done with that until money actually will get me somewhere in the game.

So to the devs, bring the fun back \m/

tex-0775: Master of (digital) Puppets, whoops, wrong band ;-)

Well said, Tex. We need to see or hear something. Getting real tedious...

slauki
09-13-2016, 02:26 PM
Well said, Tex. We need to see or hear something. Getting real tedious...

i cannot understand why nobody cares about the communication with the customers. they started well, but they simply stop telling us what is going on, and what will happend next. seems to me, that they have no clue what to do, this is going for weeks now. probably they are still working on making the game stabile and playable for android seven, that's a shame.

i'm a kind of person who is okay with repetitive tasks, like grinding 50 times the same level, but at some point, it will be enough. but the devs seems to listen a bit, since the 3* rainbow runes drop in the secret levels relativly frequently since last week. i got three times 6 3* evorunes (rainbow) which was pretty nice. so let's hope they they will get it all together soon.

but one thing is sure, noone should invest one single penny at thist game as long as it is at this state of development.

OpticSugar
09-13-2016, 02:51 PM
My guess is that there are many different teams working on this game simultaneously. There's probably a team developing new content, and a totally different team fixing bugs and problems. That's why when so many users are plagued with stability issues and not getting into the game at all they release new content and everyone gets all up-in-arms. I wouldn't assume that the team working on new content is qualified to fix bugs anyway, so it's not like they're ignoring the problems by releasing new content.

Now why they're not communicating with is, well that's a PR issue. They obviously don't have anyone devoted to keeping us informed at the moment - but that doesn't mean that they're not working on anything either. Information often needs to be approved by the right people within the company before it goes out to the public, so it's not always as easy as one guy just telling us everything that is going on.

This is all my guess, of course. It is frustrating... but only because we love this game so much that it's making us all a little impatient (myself included).

slauki
09-13-2016, 05:07 PM
My guess is that there are many different teams working on this game simultaneously. There's probably a team developing new content, and a totally different team fixing bugs and problems. That's why when so many users are plagued with stability issues and not getting into the game at all they release new content and everyone gets all up-in-arms. I wouldn't assume that the team working on new content is qualified to fix bugs anyway, so it's not like they're ignoring the problems by releasing new content.

Now why they're not communicating with is, well that's a PR issue. They obviously don't have anyone devoted to keeping us informed at the moment - but that doesn't mean that they're not working on anything either. Information often needs to be approved by the right people within the company before it goes out to the public, so it's not always as easy as one guy just telling us everything that is going on.

This is all my guess, of course. It is frustrating... but only because we love this game so much that it's making us all a little impatient (myself included).

good point, maybe you are right with the different teams, who works simultaneosly. in the software world, this is not unusual, but it seems like NOONE is working on anything. everyday i hope that an update or a new thread in the forums will popup but nothing happends. this disappoints me every day a little more. sure, the true reason is, that we love the game and the band. but anyway, i would be rather happy, if a dev/mod or anyone competent could give us a short inview in the game development, that shouldn't be impossible. not asking for wonders, i think ;-).... but let's hope for the best, everyday the chances are getting higher, that something will happend.

zamasu
09-13-2016, 07:36 PM
I don't think they realize how important it is to have a great percentage in customer retention. They might get 10 new players but only 1 will stick playing the game because of lack of new content. They might have 500,000 downloads but I bet only 20% of them are still active. and out of that 20%, 10% is about to give up on the game because it is getting too boring...

OpticSugar
09-13-2016, 07:52 PM
I am only hoping that they are brewing something really big and exciting like Brave New World, Night City, or multiplayer arena... and they're trying to keep tight-lipped about it to surprise everyone. It's not like they're Apple though... it's not that important to keep what they're working on in total secrecy. It's just a game. C'mon guys, throw us a bone before too many people jump ship here!

jpmusic
09-13-2016, 07:54 PM
I am only hoping that they are brewing something really big and exciting like Brave New World, Night City, or multiplayer arena... and they're trying to keep tight-lipped about it to surprise everyone. It's not like they're Apple though... it's not that important to keep what they're working on in total secrecy. It's just a game. C'mon guys, throw us a bone before too many people jump ship here!

I agree, surprises are nice, but they're not in a position to make us wait so long without knowing if they're actually doing something...