PDA

View Full Version : October 2019, Part 2 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

Kaz_LOTB
10-30-2019, 04:41 PM
This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12528-October-2019-Part-2-Tuning-PRELIMINARY&p=110149#post110149).

Mario.Ahner
10-30-2019, 04:48 PM
Waiting for Orbit Shitstorm...

Ydex
10-30-2019, 05:08 PM
I figured the OP Talismans would get nerfed. They do it for OP characters, so...

Yup
10-30-2019, 05:24 PM
So.. I'm curious....

The Yin talismans don't fill the entire round hole for a talisman... so.. will the Yang talismans fill the remaining portion of same spot as the Yin talisman, putting two talismans in one slot???

Will you need 6 slots for both the Yin and Yang talismans (each being a 3-set)? Or will they "meld" taking only 3 slots for both talisman sets?

Natasmai
10-30-2019, 05:53 PM
So.. I'm curious....

The Yin talismans don't fill the entire round hole for a talisman... so.. will the Yang talismans fill the remaining portion of same spot as the Yin talisman, putting two talismans in one slot???

Will you need 6 slots for both the Yin and Yang talismans (each being a 3-set)? Or will they "meld" taking only 3 slots for both talisman sets?

lol, well played

Natasmai
10-30-2019, 05:56 PM
I cant tell if the starfire change is a buff or nerf... could we get a clarification?

Currently, if your team has a damage prevention (like VanHel Passive) the Starfires seem to reflect no damage. Is this meant to fix that and make it so damage is reflected regardless of whether the damage is prevented? Or is it it meant to apply damage to enemies at a lesser amount if THEY have certain shields? Im confused.

Considering the similar wording on Celestial, is it specifically pertaining to the interaction between these 2 sets?

Azagthor
10-30-2019, 05:56 PM
Waiting for Orbit Shitstorm...

So soon after we worked for them in the recent werewolf fragment event feels a little rough, not going to lie.

Yup
10-30-2019, 06:00 PM
Well... dropping ANYTHING to 60% means the AI will get ±>85% and the player will get ±<45%...... if things hold true to form... While I don't have any direct statistical data.. there's seems to be a 15% fluctuation in reality. The "streaky AI".

URock
10-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Why you don't buff the basic stats of on old toon like Samurai? Only a little bit more damage means nothing in PvP or Gauntlet. More skill levels? Why? Ah, I know...we got too many skillshards farmed, right?
You nerfed Orbit? What about Labyrinth?
I don't understand your priorities.

PS what about Magma Best Eddie? He should get the same buffs as Beast Eddie, right?

Maiden
10-30-2019, 07:05 PM
I cant tell if the starfire change is a buff or nerf... could we get a clarification?

Currently, if your team has a damage prevention (like VanHel Passive) the Starfires seem to reflect no damage. Is this meant to fix that and make it so damage is reflected regardless of whether the damage is prevented? Or is it it meant to apply damage to enemies at a lesser amount if THEY have certain shields? Im confused.

Considering the similar wording on Celestial, is it specifically pertaining to the interaction between these 2 sets?

This! everything regarding how the skills work and/or how the should work according to their descriptions its been a little/too much confusing lately, it would be nice to know what to really expect for those pasives or talis. eg Celestial says block ALL damage but that currently its not really happening. Is it wrong or the description its a little gray? clarification please if you can :D

And about the other changes and nerfs... they look actually sensible. However as someone said before, you just put some orbits to sell a couple of days ago... timing bro! Anyway still orbit it a awesome set to have.

Also nice to see old chars to have some tunning!

Yup
10-30-2019, 08:30 PM
Why you don't buff the basic stats of on old toon like Samurai? Only a little bit more damage means nothing in PvP or Gauntlet. More skill levels? Why? Ah, I know...we got too many skillshards farmed, right?

I do find it annoying that they "add skill levels" i.e. need more skill shards... so VHE who needed 34.. now needs 41 skill shards..... and he's not really THAT much more powerful. And that's A LOT of SS for new players.... who are really the ones that will utilize older Eds more. Guess it doesn't really matter for older players.. 7 more skill shards isn't a deal breaker at a certain point. It'd be annoyed if I just got VHE and were close to having him fully sharded, only to discover I now need 7 more.....

BeachPlease
10-31-2019, 12:22 AM
Ok so you're nerfing a talisman set that stops blocking true damage after a certain number of rounds. Not cool.
Also, I don't know if you're reading support, but I've sent several tickets. Magus LoL is not stealing 3 power as the ability says. Cheers.

thealchemist
10-31-2019, 01:42 AM
Yeah I am also a little confused as to how the changes will effect starfire and celestial sets. Orbit nerf was probably going to happen, but then those Valhalla talismans sound like they may be the new OP set until they also get nerfed (assuming they actually work like the description says, that is :P).

Nice to see the CotD's get some love, long overdue.

Lack of general bug fixes though worries me ....I mean theres plenty of them.

Muzzleloader
10-31-2019, 02:12 AM
Beach, I was using mag LoL in the descent dungeon and it was stealing power on its basic move. I just tried it in gauntlet and it was stealing power. I dont see a problem.

BeachPlease
10-31-2019, 05:00 AM
Muzzleloader! :) I've tested my M LoL after reading your comment but... I don't have 100% success stealing power from enemies. He still has something like 45% chance, despite being awaken at level 8 already

trooper206
10-31-2019, 10:56 AM
Tuning changes to characters are ok. It is nice to see some love given to older toons. What is absolutely unacceptable is the orbits nerf. Only a few days after an event where it required grind, spending so much ironite for a second set, and you nerf the set. Well, this is sad. I am glad I chose not to spend time and resources for a second set in this event. I feel sorry for the players that did though..
What is even sadder is that the game is so unstable and so problematic, that now not only does it crash even in cosmos battles (powerslave),but also when you go and add/remove some talismans, or change tabs, or go to a different menu. After some interaction the app crashes after a couple of minutes. I am not even daring to touch gauntlet. Crash,crash,crash everywhere.

scott-5496
10-31-2019, 11:16 AM
The devs timing is nearly always in question. Nerfing something so soon after having it as a grind win or ironite spend is not ideal - in fact it is the opposite of that. The same could be said where you spend real money on a character and then a dungeon comes out where you can get him. It would be nice to know that this will happen - so I bought Gangland, now you can get farm him, I didn't buy Lone Star, will I be able to get him for the collection. I get it, they need folk to buy stuff and the 'fear' of having a full collection or always missing one character will make folk spend. After Gangland I was a bit annoyed with myself so I did not get Lone Star....I guess the devs can play with that and win so they do it...make sense to them but not so good for us and I get that!

Glad to see old characters getting a face lift and some mechanics changed - all fine with that and hope that continues as there are so many cool characters out there that no one uses much at all. I wonder when a natural one star dungeon will appear! LOL

zzzoron
10-31-2019, 11:20 AM
Well... dropping ANYTHING to 60% means the AI will get ±>85% and the player will get ±<45%...... if things hold true to form... While I don't have any direct statistical data.. there's seems to be a 15% fluctuation in reality. The "streaky AI".

Yep. This is the worst thing they can do - drop the percentage (not for the "streaky AI" of course) :mad:

Yup
10-31-2019, 03:36 PM
The devs timing is nearly always in question. Nerfing something so soon after having it as a grind win or ironite spend is not ideal - in fact it is the opposite of that. The same could be said where you spend real money on a character and then a dungeon comes out where you can get him. It would be nice to know that this will happen - so I bought Gangland, now you can get farm him, I didn't buy Lone Star, will I be able to get him for the collection. I get it, they need folk to buy stuff and the 'fear' of having a full collection or always missing one character will make folk spend. After Gangland I was a bit annoyed with myself so I did not get Lone Star....I guess the devs can play with that and win so they do it...make sense to them but not so good for us and I get that!

I get that. I have Gangland and Lone Star.. and Ed Hunter... but.. here's the thing.. I needed ironite.. so $10 on Ironite was no big deal.. and if I happen to also get an Ed.. why not. It's not like any of these are game-changers. They are 3 star Ed with no fury and okay passives. Now.. if they sold JUST the Ed with no extras, I'd be pissed.. or if they were 5 star Ed with big implications in PvP... I'd be pissed... but there are enough other items to warrant the purchase even if the dust-collecting 3 star Ed is part of a dungeon release later.

Muzzleloader
10-31-2019, 04:02 PM
Gangland may now be grinded for where he was previously acquired for real money. There are many talisman sets that fall under the same category. I dont see it being a big deal that is how the game is designed. You spend real money for short term advantages, that is the way of freemium games.

Yup
10-31-2019, 04:11 PM
Gangland achievements are counting runs for me now.... since they removed them and then added them back.

Still curious about the Labyrinth dungeon :)

scott-5496
10-31-2019, 05:17 PM
Gangland may now be grinded for where he was previously acquired for real money. There are many talisman sets that fall under the same category. I dont see it being a big deal that is how the game is designed. You spend real money for short term advantages, that is the way of freemium games.

Don't get me wrong - I agree. like Yup I saw what was a good deal and took it for Gangland - the extras were also a consideration so I do get it and I am not against any of it at all. I just hope they put lone star up like Gangland to make it fair across the board. I have no doubt )well some!) that all stuff will be farmable eventually.

Azagthor
11-01-2019, 04:12 AM
What would we think about an alternative for the change to Orbits? They'll still be pretty effective with an Accuracy Up buff even with the nerf, if you can find a team that can bring that. What if it was kept at 100%, and removes/cleansed say "Up to Four" of each effect? Effectively the same effect against teams that don't use many status effects, but somewhat limited against status heavy teams.

Bakura
11-01-2019, 07:34 PM
Hey Devs, are you begging for me to Hate you and this Game?

You bunch of jerk offs..... I bought two 2 Orbit sets originally..... now you alter our business deal. No other business purchases change the product after final purchase.

You kill gameplay w/ bugs and connection issues causing loss of rewards & resources. You pump out too many events and characters/talis instead of fixing issues.
Then give meager increases to old toons, WHILE EFFIN US ON THE STUFF THAT DOES WORK!

This BS to Orbits is mean and underhanded.
Did some lvl 25 newbies on FB bitch about them so much to get you to nerf it,
or did your team just sit around bored saying "F our customers! We will teach them a lesson for being loyal and enjoying the game. How dare they succeed.... we will destroy their efforts!"

Was anyone asking for this change?

The talis downfall before was that the character was weaker on Hp and you couldn't use a cosmic.

Good job on once again destroying our joy and love of the game.

I see alot of adds for RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS.
I wonder if they are a better, more mature company who doesn't f#@k their customers after purchase.

The only reason I'm still here is because I have invested so much money, so much time, and so much effort.

Starting over would suck, but the more you keep penalizing the veterans/whales to even the playing field with newbies, the less different it would feel to just start new SOMEWHERE ELSE!

BECAUSE OF SH!T LIKE THIS.... I HATE YOUR GAME!

The ratio of negatives vs. positives
is 10 to 1.

What's next Vipers (again) .... Alchemy?

I'm tired of bending over and spreading my cheeks for this "Profit of the Beast"
called Navigator Games!

AhabsHarpoon
11-01-2019, 07:52 PM
All Hail Bakura!
All Hail Bakura!
All Hail Bakura!

Yup
11-01-2019, 08:06 PM
.......stuff............

While I certainly would have worded it differently. I do whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment.

Bakura
11-01-2019, 08:39 PM
While I certainly would have worded it differently. I do whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment.

"stuff" was my re-wording.... originally I typed SH!T.

I feel I'm being provoked.

Seriously, why? Did anyone ask for this change.

It's not about feeling "Almighty" in arena, it's about "NOT feeling dominated" due to bugs and AI boost.

These talis and new toons gave me hope.
I have most of the major toons and talis, all the relics, but being in the top 100 a month or two ago, fighting the AI and bugs, made the game unbearable and depressing!

I'm sure nerfing Van Helsing is next.

RobG-9641
11-01-2019, 08:45 PM
This BS to Orbits is mean and underhanded. Was anyone asking for this change?

No one was asking for a change. Just another example of them nerfing talismans/characters out of the blue and ignoring know issues that do need fixing. They’re also nerfing Orbit talismans about 2 weeks after they were a featured event set, that took extra time & ironite to acquire. This isn’t the first time and probably won’t be the last. 2-3 more updates until players have blown through enough material to awaken characters, will the Awakening characters start getting nerfed...

Ydex
11-01-2019, 08:49 PM
When I was a brand-new player I read on this forum about OP characters eventually getting nerfed. Then I read about the new meta being OP talismans. So naturally I asked, "are the OP talismans also going to get nerfed?"

Nerfing OP resources is not new to gaming, but it's sure an ethical razor's edge when revenue is directly generated from obtaining specific resources.

Muzzleloader
11-01-2019, 08:54 PM
Even if they dont nerf the awakening toons, there will be new better, faster, stronger toons around the corner with additional OP talisman to boot. Liliths were considered the same as the LoLs followed by the gods. Then they decided to turn the sausage grinder on and spit out toons like a drunken sailor spends money after payday.

Ydex
11-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Even if they dont nerf the awakening toons, there will be new better, faster, stronger toons around the corner with additional OP talisman to boot. Liliths were considered the same as the LoLs followed by the gods. To be honest I'm tired of seeing LoLs ugly face all over PvP and everywhere else. It makes the game look amateurish when the same, identical character design is all you ever see.

The lack of variety in awakenable characters is just pathetic. I can't WAIT for LoL to be replaced by something, ANYTHING at this point.

AhabsHarpoon
11-01-2019, 09:09 PM
I was waiting to see some response from "Them" but I forgot it's already the weekend...

Muzzleloader
11-01-2019, 09:14 PM
It's only 2 pm on the west coast of north america,. Unless they leave early on Fridays they should still be at work.

RobG-9641
11-01-2019, 09:26 PM
Cyborg Eddie is now an Awakening character with new update...

URock
11-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Cyborg Eddie is now an Awakening character with new update...
...and bugged. I awakened him and now he's got no name when clicking him and game is crashing with black screen.

Ydex
11-01-2019, 10:08 PM
o o p s . . . maybe devs should have tested the code ? lol

URock
11-01-2019, 10:14 PM
Game is becoming better and better :-DDD

URock
11-01-2019, 10:15 PM
o o p s . . . maybe devs should have tested the code ? lol
Not needed, because WE do the testing.

Bakura
11-01-2019, 10:51 PM
@ Urock, I should have heeded your warning.

I wasted 2 million gold, and now have bug issues.... plus he is a 1* w/ no awakening increase of anything!

This day just gets better and better.

Plus, I check in everyday in Clans, but they don't show it.
What a waste.

edsel
11-01-2019, 11:04 PM
@ Urock, I should have heeded your warning.

I wasted 2 million gold, and now have bug issues.... plus he is a 1* w/ no awakening increase of anything!

This day just gets better and better.

Plus, I check in everyday in Clans, but they don't show it.
What a waste.

Yeah but think of it this way, you now have THE RAREST EDDIE EV3R! Make him your champ so I can give a Test drive!

thealchemist
11-01-2019, 11:21 PM
This year NF took the term trick or treat a little too literally..........

Muzzleloader
11-01-2019, 11:25 PM
Hurry, hurry, hurry! For a limited time only a 1* cyborg eddie, only 1.6 MM gold and 25 3* yellow evo shards. You may never have a chance at this exclusive character for a long time.

thealchemist
11-01-2019, 11:30 PM
Hurry, hurry, hurry! For a limited time only a 1* cyborg eddie, only 1.6 MM gold and 25 3* yellow evo shards. You may never have a chance at this exclusive character for a long time.

How long before he appears in the heroic soul rotation I wonder...

AhabsHarpoon
11-01-2019, 11:51 PM

I got the perfect talisman for Awakened Cyborg...6687

Ydex
11-02-2019, 12:03 AM
Yeah but think of it this way, you now have THE RAREST EDDIE EV3R!
Well here's your perfect smurf to run in PvP. lol

Bakura
11-02-2019, 12:11 AM
I got the perfect talisman for Awakened Cyborg...6687
Dude, right?..... Don't even get me started on those pieces of crap.

What kind of company pulls a prank on it's customers?

Navigator Games is Canadian. I love Canada, I even lived there for 5 months.

But I'm starting to wonder if any of this BS is payback to the U.S. for all the Canadian jokes from our comedians and tv shows.
Maybe South Park did one Canadian joke too many.

Oh, I see what's going on.... Russia meddles in our elections and Canada bugs our mobile games.
It's designed to take down those stinking yankees!

In the words of our Patriotic Forefathers,
"Give me bug free mobile gaming, or give me death!"

SinGularity-8786
11-02-2019, 12:55 AM
Update didn't fix "hidden" missions and wrong achievement counter :(

Bakura
11-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Yeah but think of it this way, you now have THE RAREST EDDIE EV3R! Make him your champ so I can give a Test drive!
I found a way to make him Champion. His avatar is different and has a 1*.
I played him in Powerslave.... he seems the same. But he did evolve to level 20 in one battle.
He just looks funny in the clan members list hahaha

*Edit: shortly after, support changed Cyborg Ed back to regular. They said they returned all my awakening stuff, and gold cost. The skill shards were placed back in my inventory. I had to re-shard him. I had just finished a dungeon and thought I really racked up the SS, but was cautious. After seeing the email from support, I realized what hapoened. I almost started sharding other toons, fortunately I only did one other.
Weird. Hopefully, the only thing I lost was the gold to shard him. It's always something!

Yup
11-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Dude, right?..... Don't even get me started on those pieces of crap.

The idea was solid... a random chance to confuse an ally causing them to do some damage on your own team..... However, the implementation of the idea was absolutely horrible.

AhabsHarpoon
11-02-2019, 05:32 PM
Update didn't fix "hidden" missions and wrong achievement counter :(

Oh great.....

Bakura
11-03-2019, 12:29 AM
So, are the Gangland dungeon runs counting?
I haven't tried it yet.... I already have Gangland Ed... just thought I'd do the challenges.

I guess we should wait, huh?

Muzzleloader
11-03-2019, 01:25 AM
How many runs can you get in one key using the required toons? I need to start bringing this dungeon.

Yup
11-03-2019, 01:28 AM
So, are the Gangland dungeon runs counting?
I haven't tried it yet.... I already have Gangland Ed... just thought I'd do the challenges.

I guess we should wait, huh?

Yes Gangland runs are counting now. At least it's fixed for me.

Muzzle: I THINK around 35... hard to say with all the connection issues and restarts lately (Not to mention I burned 3 keys when nothing counted). Overall, I'd say it progresses at about the same speed as the Raven's Alter dungeon.... not that fast.

Muzzleloader
11-03-2019, 01:36 AM
I was getting between 45-55 ravens runs depending on which wicker toon and if I babysat for crashes. With the 3 free keys. Only two or three will need to be purchased, not to bad.