PDA

View Full Version : Arena Funny Business

HK-47
11-07-2019, 07:43 AM
This is a very specific example, but basically I had Alexander, Assassin Lord of Light, Ancient Mariner and Redan. The entire other team except The Ferryman (with Starfire) was dead. I went into the fight knowing Ferryman would obviously Doom one of my characters (either the Lol or the Mariner) and I could transfer it to him with the Mariner

But a funny thing happened. For a long time nobody got doomed. not like other matches against The Ferryman where I didn't want to be doomed. Eventually the Mariner finally got doomed and I used the transfer ability. Mariner cleansed himself, but no doom on Ferryman. Plenty of other debuffs though.

So the battle rages on. Strangely (not really) the Lol never gets doomed only the mariner. Then, finally, the Lol gets doomed. I use the transfer ability (with a transfer chance of 100% might I add) and all the debuffs except the doom gets transfered. Lol dies of doom. Battle rages on more. Draw.

TL; DR- those who say that the AI gets boosted and favoured have more ammunition to support that claim

wipp
11-07-2019, 01:50 PM
This is a fact. The ai decides if you win or lose

Mario.Ahner
11-07-2019, 05:31 PM
Naughty fraud said that there is no AI boost, they are surely not lying. Must be a bug and as zugzwang mentioned in another thread: spent more money and they can fix bugs

Ydex
11-07-2019, 06:00 PM
Ferryman only has a 35% chance to Doom, and Mariner only has a 50% chance to transfer negative effects. Characters with Immunity will not get Doomed (Alexander, Redan, anyone with a Talisman effect). Your strategy might work, but it's not guaranteed. What works every time, and instantly, is to Disable Passive on Ferryman and then hit him with literally any attack for a one-hit-kill.

Mateja
11-07-2019, 09:28 PM
Ferryman only has a 35% chance to Doom, and Mariner only has a 50% chance to transfer negative effects. Characters with Immunity will not get Doomed (Alexander, Redan, anyone with a Talisman effect). Your strategy might work, but it's not guaranteed. What works every time, and instantly, is to Disable Passive on Ferryman and then hit him with literally any attack for a one-hit-kill.

Fully sharded Mariner has 100% chance of transfer, they buffed him a few months back. BUT he never removed doom from allies since he was buffed. If he worked properly he'd be the best cleanser in the game, as it is he's just unreliable and hardly used anywhere.

Yup
11-07-2019, 09:53 PM
It's the AI.. same way Raven Witch has a strong chance to not remove crave or perfect death... even though she removes other silvers.