PDA

View Full Version : November 2019, Part 1 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

Kaz_LOTB
11-13-2019, 08:16 PM
This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12625-November-2019-Part-1-Tuning-PRELIMINARY&p=111636#post111636) in the Game Updates forum post.

Yup
11-13-2019, 09:05 PM
Too many assassin class awakenables (Dark Lilith, Raven With, Cosmic Shinobi, LOL -- and now the Beast).... and poor resource drops... how about a Magus or Sentinel where there's only been 2 this far, not 5????

kkkreg5
11-13-2019, 09:16 PM
I love the fact that I've just completed the 300 runs in the Labyrinth Dungeon and it's going to be changed. How about refunding some of the resources I just used?

I don't know how much longer this will be acceptable to the player base. I guess we'll just keep bending over and accepting it with no lube!!

scott-5496
11-13-2019, 09:23 PM
I love the fact that I've just completed the 300 runs in the Labyrinth Dungeon and it's going to be changed. How about refunding some of the resources I just used?

I don't know how much longer this will be acceptable to the player base. I guess we'll just keep bending over and accepting it with no lube!!

That was too funny dude.

'Accepting it with no lube' is a line I need to remember!

Patrice-1201
11-13-2019, 10:35 PM
I really don’t think making final awakening material only available during an event is fair. Honestly NF, it is time for you to stop the downward spiral and start some positive vibes.

Muzzleloader
11-13-2019, 10:45 PM
I dont see that they are going to change the way they have committed to release materials. It appears players are clamoring to awaken characters as fast as possible. They want to relieve us of our precious resources.

In the Q and A sessions they indicated they were going to slow releasing toons/talis. I think they did the opposite and increased releases while incurring server issues.

Amarthir
11-14-2019, 12:00 AM
Dungeon changes work for me.

My philosophy is to wait till something becomes easy to do before doing it. Saves me ironite and sanity.

Event locking awakening materiels is a possibility dickish move, depends on how easy or hard it will be to get the materials.

GrimDusk
11-14-2019, 01:28 AM
I had a feeling the Beast would become awakeable, to be honest. Dungeon chants are nice, and I love the Arena characters getting buffed. Forge Talismans look good, and I cannot wait to see what an awakened Eddie is like. Awakening materials usually aren’t locked in events; awakening souls also allow for access and they usually come back in later events like the Shinobi frag coming back in the newest event.

Nicko
11-14-2019, 01:31 AM
Dungeon changes work for me.

My philosophy is to wait till something becomes easy to do before doing it. Saves me ironite and sanity.

Ditto. I’ve gotten pretty casual the last year+ and when I saw a lot of the most active players saying the dungeon was ridiculous - well - I knew a change was imminent. Glad to see it happen.

Those who have spent their resources will have FIE first, so not a total loss. And even with a little easier dungeon, it will still take 300 runs to get him, so overall resources should be close - within a few hundred Frontier coins.

thealchemist
11-14-2019, 05:14 AM
Any indication regarding Wicker awakening material "fix" being an increase or decrease @Kaz_LOTB?

As for awakening material being event only, if its "do this x amount of times based, while potentially boring/annoying it should be obtainable at least. If its relying on RNG drops then that might not be much fun or fair at all.

ericgallucci
11-14-2019, 05:29 AM
I'm sure the fix to the wicker awakening materials is a decrease. I was just doing the Raven frontier dungeon yesterday and when the exclusive wicker materials dropped, they were dropping in sets of 10.

Azagthor
11-14-2019, 06:33 AM
Love the buff to the Eternity Soul characters! They're still quite difficult to earn as a new player, and these changes should remove the disappointment you feel when you finally open up your first one. Looking forward to taking Claire out for a spin again :D

Lthepostman
11-14-2019, 08:17 AM
All right... Now devs I want 3* purple Evo shards to drop anywhere, anytime. Seems like a fair adjustement

Esquatcho
11-14-2019, 10:28 AM
Yay Cyborg is getting buffed! I remember back in the day where he was my white whale. One of the old timers had him as his avatar and was soooo jealous!

But yeah, can we not have another assassin awakenable char? And with all the awakening going on, can we bloody get some more 1* rainbow awakening shards!? Its worse than the T1 1* runes for cosmics and they are horrible!!!

Alvorada
11-14-2019, 03:17 PM
"Fix for various character and talisman passives being removed upon death"

So, passives and talis stoping by death is a bug and after fixing, it will work for us players?

Stormseye
11-14-2019, 03:37 PM
"Fix for various character and talisman passives being removed upon death"

So, passives and talis stoping by death is a bug and after fixing, it will work for us players?

Yes can we get some clarification? Will passives and talismans continue to work after death or will they no longer work after death or is this in reference to passives and talismans continuing to work after the wearer/character dies?

Aristo4
11-14-2019, 03:42 PM
They just meant to say ' not being removed after death' i guess.
Anyway no big deal, they will still work anyway :p

scott-5496
11-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Yes can we get some clarification? Will passives and talismans continue to work after death or will they no longer work after death or is this in reference to passives and talismans continuing to work after the wearer/character dies?

We do need to know which way this is going. I guess the fix is that a revived ally should get their passives and talisman buffs back as why would they not?

Blade
11-14-2019, 03:55 PM
It MUST mean that tallis & passives do NOT work again after revive. That's how it "always" used to be and is crucial as otherwise revive loops (with some other nasty effects like from Malakhov or dark Lilith) will continue.

Maiden
11-14-2019, 04:35 PM
-As usual, it's nice to see olds chars becoming more "competent", good there!

-The awaking materials specifications are too complicated and every new addition it's just for worst, we have the same problem with materials for the cosmic talismans, there are too many materials without logical or sense, it's complicated and with no fun/motivation at all.

-Players have been asking for some clarification about the game, like how some talismans really work, passives, some game situations, etc... pls is possible to add some clarification to the compendium or at least make a post in here? its dificult to play a game without claer rules :D

-At least for me, this week the game was running better, with fewer server issues, thks.

Thks for your work guys

GrimDusk
11-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Is anyone seeing the Wrath Fury change? That looks like it'll be insane! Pair him with Ancient Mariner or something and immediately get doom on the enemy team that kills them by the end of your turn.

drrchmnd
11-15-2019, 07:14 AM
Well now... finally some (very mediocre) clarification about talisman/passive on death and resurrection information. To quote....

Kaz_LOTB -

"It's a fix for many character effect immunity passives being removed upon death." There are certain characters, such as the Gunner and Magus Hierophant, that feature passives that are intended to always be active so long as the character is alive. These passive effects were improperly being removed from the character upon death and if they were revived, they would no longer have their passive activate. This is an example of what was fixed. The same applies to certain talismans (any talisman that is intended to have a persistent effect, such as Fate Talisman, and not a one time effect, such as many of the "on-death" effects). Note that there are still many effects that are intended to trigger only once per battle, such as revives on death and talismans or passives that grant effects only at the start of battle.

Basically that was NOT an answer. It is a wishy washy flip floppy cop the hell out answer.

To use the Magus Hierophant as an example. The passive effects are: Remove Increased Max HP and Perfect Health from all enemies at the start of battle. Prevent enemies from gaining any new beneficial effects after the first round of battle. Grant Regen to all allies for the duration of battle.
Ya know for the life of me I really am not sure what the heck your really wanting to do here. The only effect that should come back is the regen effect. Unless the objective is to re-remove max hp and perfect health effects and also re-prevent any new beneficial effects. But most of the health effects are either round one items while the perfect health is talisman or a fury effect.

And the fate talisman continuing on with handing out ascension immortality etc... after the character is resurrected? No no no ... the immortality thing is so mucked up its reminding me of season 7 (i think) of SG1 where Daniel can't make up his mind if he is alive or ascended.

Really for what its worth I think it is better to have all passives and talismen effects go away upon resurrection. A penalty for dying and resurrecting.

Note I am tired and I hope this made sense.

drrchmnd
11-17-2019, 04:07 AM
Actually the more I contemplate and watch game play a bit closer the more I am in favor of eliminating all effects after resurrection. None zero zilch. Passives gone.. Talisman effects gone... all of it.

When your beating a level in Gauntlet and then that stupid resurrect all effect from the witch kicks in, everyone resurrects with all the talisman/passive effects from the beginning of the match in place... yeah no. Not cool.

Lthepostman
11-17-2019, 08:00 PM
This is how it was back in the days and I do agree that it was much better. Actually it has never been 100% clear cause some characters lost their passive upon death while others didn't... but during a pvp game u could actually play strategically, knowing that once a character was dead he was no longer a threat.

Volrath
11-18-2019, 12:55 AM
Definitely appreciate the buffs for some of these older characters.

I would like to get an Awakening character that isn't gunner or assassin though. My 3-star evo runes for those two classes have really taken a hit.

dragonmat89
11-18-2019, 10:46 AM
Actually the more I contemplate and watch game play a bit closer the more I am in favor of eliminating all effects after resurrection. None zero zilch. Passives gone.. Talisman effects gone... all of it.

When your beating a level in Gauntlet and then that stupid resurrect all effect from the witch kicks in, everyone resurrects with all the talisman/passive effects from the beginning of the match in place... yeah no. Not cool.

This. I always assumed passives/talismans weren't meant to return when a character revives and the bug was that they did for the AI, not the other way around.

Ezz
11-20-2019, 02:46 AM
We got faked out? I saw a banner today saying update at 15:30pst but logged in tonight and none of the tuning changes are there?

Yup
11-20-2019, 03:39 AM
A :server restart: is generally NOT associated with the update. They don't show that red banner when they are going to do an app update. The red banenr for "server restarts' are usually associated more with "hot fixes" or server updates to correct something immediately.

URock
11-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Update is coming on Friday, so that nobody can solve new bugs over the weekend.
Well done! Nice weekend everybody ;-)

URock
11-21-2019, 03:38 PM
Oh... it's coming today...

scott-5496
11-21-2019, 04:33 PM
Well a reset is coming...maybe in prep for the update later today before the server reset? We shall soon know.

URock
11-21-2019, 04:45 PM
Hello Troopers!

The game will be entering maintenance mode today at 10:30am PT while we push a new update.

scott-5496
11-21-2019, 04:47 PM
Hello Troopers!

The game will be entering maintenance mode today at 10:30am PT while we push a new update.

Oh no! How long will it be down for this time - best get my dungeon done. At least they gave us decent warning time.

Tim28213
11-21-2019, 05:44 PM
Where did they post this information?

Beddie
11-21-2019, 05:47 PM
On the Twitter account

Yup
11-21-2019, 06:34 PM
Oh no! How long will it be down for this time

Here.. it generally means 4-6 hours.....

URock
11-21-2019, 06:35 PM
Don't forget to read 1st the bug-posts in this forum after update! :-DDD

Tim28213
11-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Devs - after the Q&A you seemed surprised that some of us do not use Twitter and Facebook and rely on what you have listed as the OFFICIAL forum for this game for information. Why do you still NOT post this kind of information on the OFFICIAL forum? Thanks for wasting part of another special dungeon key for me.

If you had time to post it on Twitter why not make a banner in the game like you have in the past so everyone would know at the same time?

Muzzleloader
11-21-2019, 07:20 PM
There was a red warning at the bottom of the screen at least three hours prior to the maintenance. If you used the 8 hour frozen key it may not have been posted yet when you started the dungeon.

URock
11-21-2019, 07:21 PM
Is there any reason to NOT use Twitter?

Tim28213
11-21-2019, 07:32 PM
I was in the frozen dungeon. I never got any warning at all until I read the post here. That's disappointing. I was a little under halfway into it.
It doesn't seem like a good idea to create an 8-hour dungeon with hard to get special keys then make the decision to reset the server 3 hours from the time you decide.

I simply do not want to try to keep up with another source media. Before joining this OFFICIAL forum I have never missed anything that was posted on Twitter. If the game advertisements listed Twitter as the OFFICIAL way to keep up with game news I may have joined, but it is simply a matter of not wanting to or needing to for any other reason.

Muzzleloader
11-21-2019, 07:34 PM
Not everyone wants to use Twitter or FB, it is thier personal choice.

Discordian
11-21-2019, 08:23 PM
I keep trying to load the game, and...

Maiden
11-21-2019, 08:48 PM
can I have some sandwich compensation pls?

Ancient Mariner
11-21-2019, 08:52 PM
Is there any reason to NOT use Twitter?

privacy, no time to waste, not interested in most of the things that people nowadays share on "social networks" for example

URock
11-21-2019, 09:47 PM
privacy, no time to waste, not interested in most of the things that people nowadays share on "social networks" for example
...and then whining about not getting news...
It's 2019. NOT using Twitter for information is noob.

Muzzleloader
11-21-2019, 09:56 PM
That's your opinion, not everyone agrees with URock. That's is why you must be correct, everyone else is stupid.

URock
11-21-2019, 10:04 PM
The truth don't need to be corrected.

GrimDusk
11-21-2019, 10:38 PM
The truth doesn’t* need to be corrected, and it’s an opinion. Yeah you can use twitter but the forums also work just fine.

Ancient Mariner
11-21-2019, 10:54 PM
...and then whining about not getting news...
It's 2019. NOT using Twitter for information is noob.

Uh no, it wasn't me :D

I was just answering your question by listing some good reasons not to use social networks.

To be informed I prefer to use Wikipedia and internet in general. If I have to sign up on Twitter to be informed about something then I serenily give up :)