PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Wasteland

Smudger24
11-19-2019, 11:01 AM
So as usual the description of the dungeon is quite vague. Opens for 8 hours, play as many times as you want, but that's it.

Is there any character, or star restrictions? Or wide open just have the right talis. I haven't tried yet cuz I only have one key and server connections have been crap. Hate to waste my only wasteland key. We all know we've been throwing away a lot of them lately.

Azagthor
11-19-2019, 11:26 AM
No character or class restriction, and it's relatively easy compared with other dungeons. The key description says "Hard", which initially worried me, but it just means "Hard" the way other multi-difficulty-level dungeons have used it. All enemies are 4*, lvl 75-80, around 10k hp each. No special talismans, but they can hit a little harder than you might expect. I'd day if you can handle Egypt/Battlefield Madness, you shouldn't have any real trouble here.

Smudger24
11-19-2019, 11:50 AM
Thank you Azagthor, gonna try a key today see how the servers hold out. Have you noticed if you can you double up on talis and finish th challenges quicker?

dragonmat89
11-19-2019, 12:37 PM
You can definitely double up and have Eddies in slots 2 and 3 with them on as well if they don't match your main build - as long as you have the talismans attached it doesn't matter who to.

Incidentally, this is the best dungeon yet that I've seen in terms of Cosmic evo materials - I got about 70 T1 one star evo runes yesterday (plus more of other stars/T's - not sure how many as I didn't know how many I had to start with but know I had 0 T1*s)! Also a decent drop rate of rare souls too.

Azagthor
11-19-2019, 12:41 PM
^ Yes, as long as the same sets are on DIFFERENT characters, they'll both count towards the achievements.

scott-5496
11-19-2019, 12:49 PM
Honestly cannot remember if ride along characters counted - I just barged in to the dungeon and stick two ride alongs on and after an hour or so the achievements were done.

Smudger24
11-19-2019, 03:00 PM
Well I opened it. Not bad really, best dungeon they released in a long time. Not hard on ironite or sot, and easy to do achievements. I like it, and for once the game is not crashing, for how long who knows.

Ip4
11-19-2019, 08:34 PM
What characters you are using?

Blade
11-19-2019, 08:42 PM
Sandworm challenge? :D

Ip4
11-19-2019, 08:48 PM
I am using DOOMSDAY EDDIE AND LILITH MOONLIGHY and always win with 30 seconds..

Yup
11-19-2019, 10:46 PM
This dungeon is totes difficult and the drop rate for the loot is terrible. I’ve been having to revive multiple times just to get a victory. What’s going on here?

You're kidding right? I ran it with S Trickster, Killer Beast, A Marauder and practically any Eddie (navigator, Lone Star, Visions, DoomsDay, Guy Fawkes) and never once had to revive anyone.

Muzzleloader
11-19-2019, 10:55 PM
Are we talking about the same dungeon? Any team that can beat powerslave will beat this dungeon. The SoT drop is tremendous and the rewards are nice if you need what they are dropping. 1 and 2* cosmic evo runes, and red, green and purple 3* evo shards.

Smudger24
11-20-2019, 02:53 AM
What characters you are using?

I ended up using gambler ed, w lol, charlotte, and m lillith mainly just cuz they took all the talis good. Made sure I used 2 sets of all the talis on them and the ed ride alongs. Fastest run was 22 secs. Averaged 35 secs, had achievements done in about an hour (for some reason each run counted as 4, I guess a glitch). Got about 20 runs per 120 sot, and almost half ironite return. I have tons of cosmic runes now. And lots of 3 * colored shards. Great dungeon.

Celobeast
11-20-2019, 06:19 PM
My teams is the fastest I guess. Average 22 secs, fastest 18.
Just for fun, I dare someone to post here a record.

Muzzleloader
11-20-2019, 06:55 PM
Why not add ride along toons for free upgrade value?

Bakura
11-20-2019, 06:58 PM
I literally did this once w/ 1 toon.
Played w/ a full team for 8 hours, fastest time is like 0:20.
Best dungeon ever! Maxed out multiple cosmics, leveled up &/ or maxed LoL's .... I just need more gold.
Thanks Nav. Games for giving us a great source for materials. 6923

*Best source for purple 3* bricks! 😉

Yup
11-20-2019, 07:04 PM
Guy Fawes Ed will beat it by himself as well. Takes around 40 seconds because of that dog with Endure in the second battle.. but that's the only slow spot.

Celobeast
11-20-2019, 07:21 PM
Why not add ride along toons for free upgrade value?

Because at moments no Eddies to upgrade, and allies sometimes attack first and the average times change, I just want a fast time.

Celobeast
11-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Guy Fawes Ed will beat it by himself as well. Takes around 40 seconds because of that dog with Endure in the second battle.. but that's the only slow spot.

You can try dragonscale talismans, since they cause extra damage after the main damage.

rags-6094
11-20-2019, 07:41 PM
I have finished the challenges overnight, I was a little staggered in the challenge count, meaning one Talisman count was slightly ahead of the next one but it’s done now.
I started with no rare souls and finished with 114, over 500 red, green and purple evo 3* shards, 200 yellow and 150 blue.
I managed around 100 skill shards too, and T1 1* evo runes? I have so many I will not need anymore for a very long time.

Through the icy blue legendary souls I nabbed two gold T2 cosmics also through the gold acquired when one sells the gold idols my gold stash is not great but good enough to continue with my awakening processes.
The ironite paidback has left me only slightly below what I started with, this really was worth ignoring pretty much the rest of the game short term to restore resources.
I did not put enormous brain power into a team, I just used the characters I had with the right Talisman on them, once each challenge was completed I’d replace that character with a much more powerful multi hitter, my best time now is approx 25 secs.
I’m still farming it now to finish off another icy blue soul, definately worth keeping some keys for this dungeon to farm resources when you need them, Thankyou Navigator nice work even if the dungeon was recycled material.

Bakura
11-21-2019, 08:51 AM
I really don't want to complain, cuz this dungeon is the best thing we've had in a long time, BUT.... the yellow 3* bricks are the rarest.
I literally grinded for 7+ hours give or take, and collected 20 -24 yellow bricks. I need 110 for G. LoL.
Not to mention, Cosmic LoL will need them too.
And if someone has Cosmic Shinobi, there's another Gunner.

Lastly, Dec. 2nd is Cyber Monday and the Cyborg Eddie will be Awakenable..... there's another one who uses yellow bricks, 4 toons total.

On the brighter side, this dungeon is a "hotbed" for purple bricks! Thanks Dev.... much appreciation. 👍

Yup
11-21-2019, 09:03 AM
Cosmic Shinobi is an Assassin class Character. Purple stones SHOULD be dropping more since the majority of awakenables are Assassin class. :)

Awakenables....

Assassin
-------------
Dark Lilith
Cosmic Shinobi
A LOL
Raven Witch
Moonchild
The Beast (Coming soon)

Gunner
-------------
G LOL
Cosmic LOL
Cyborg Ed (MAYBE coming soon)

Warrior
-------------
Lucifer
Evolved Wicker Wolf
W LOL

Magus
-------------
M LOL
Evolved Wicker Owl

Sentinel
--------------
S LOL
Evolved Wicker Ox

scott-5496
11-21-2019, 09:54 AM
They defo need to lay off the Assassin based awakenables for sure. I have to say I like my Raven characters and hoping for more of this type of character in the future as they are decent and help in gauntlet and other things - I use them all in the daily dungeon for example - not really needing them but they make it quick.

Good to see an Eddie getting added though and as Cyborg is one of my faves in terms of the album cover and his look in this game I am keen to see what they do with him - I have several McFarlane models of the character from ebay so he is defo my face looking Eddie - such a cool cover (got the big poster of it from Maiden as well so getting that framed soon)!

Celobeast
11-21-2019, 11:53 AM
I got 17 seconds as my fastest.

Nice, what did you use on them?

blade685
11-21-2019, 12:26 PM
my best is always 17 sec too with navigator

blade685
11-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Just navigator with blight? I would have guessed his animation took too long. That’s cool I may try next time if I run it again.

I have only one blight = can't use that set unfortunately...
The best for me is 2 toons like you with only multi hitter moves (eddie is the most important)
But now i'm update 2 toons too and i'm at 20-30 s
For all eddies i tested the best is navigator for now

scott-5496
11-21-2019, 01:09 PM
17 seconds is also my fastest - that was WLOL and Magma. I have since watched one battle where WLOL got first go on each wave and that got me 17 seconds too. cant see it getting any faster than that and if it can be done it will be like 16 seconds, maybe 15 so not going to chase it as between 17-26 seconds is fine! LOL.

Celobeast
11-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Sure, between 17-30 is fine, besides this is just for curiosity and fun, my best time was 18 with blight, chance and cosmic in navigator, but the time could change depending the device hardware and software processment, I guess. And the LOL attacking first in every wave its a very specific and rare situation.

Muzzleloader
11-21-2019, 03:20 PM
I also got 17 seconds with a lone navigator. Chance, blight and attack cosmic.

Bakura
11-21-2019, 08:30 PM
Cosmic Shinobi is an Assassin class Character.

Cyborg Ed (MAYBE coming soon)

Ahhh.... my mistake. I thought all cosmic (4 so far) were technically gunner. Mainly cuz Cosmic: LoL, Golden Son, & Newborn of Light are all gunners, basically.

So if "Cosmic" toons can be of any class, has anyone seen any real definition?

Btw, regarding "awakening" Cyborg Eddie, I already did, but they reverted him back
This comment is from Michelle Simpson at Nodding Frog,
"You will be able to awaken Cyborg Eddie properly at a later date."

Bakura
11-21-2019, 09:21 PM
November Tuning Update:
I know there are skeptics, but trust me, Cyborg Monday will issue in an awakenable Cyborg Ed, probably a dungeon to go with, in order to grind for his "final awakening" materials.

Unwon
11-21-2019, 09:25 PM
Just used a key and bought 600 SoT and the game game said they’re having “server maintenance, won’t take long” and that was 3 hours ago... it’s almost midnight here so i will lose the over night SoT refill because of these crashes and server maintenances

Yup
11-21-2019, 09:28 PM
I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if the Cyborg Ed you already have is NOT awakenable and you need to acquire him again. I could absolutely be wrong.. but based on past "Cyborg Mondays".. they've never been a "great" thing.

Just used a key and bought 600 SoT and the game game said they’re having “server maintenance, won’t take long” and that was 3 hours ago... it’s almost midnight here so i will lose the over night SoT refill because of these crashes and server maintenances

You won't lose the SOT.. but the key.. yeah probably. Updates can take 6-8hrs at times and if you also need an iOS app update.. maybe even longer.

Unwon
11-21-2019, 09:36 PM
I grinded 6 blue legendary talisman souls already and gonna do 4 more for the mythical talis soul, i need the SoT more than keys as i still have 5 keys in store

Bakura
11-21-2019, 09:47 PM
I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if the Cyborg Ed you already have is NOT awakenable and you need to acquire him again. I could absolutely be wrong.. but based on past "Cyborg Mondays".. they've never been a "great" thing.

I hear ya. I hope that's not the case, considering the same is happening to the Beast.
My current Eddie was awakenable, they reverted him cuz they said it was a mistake releasing it so soon, plus he was severely bugged.
It seems, like Raven Witch, that existing toons will become awakenable. Apparently the "catch" is getting the awakening resources.... in this case the final shards.
From a marketing standpoint, this will create "urgency" to spend $ for ironite to grind with, due to the limited time to acquire them (event only.) As they usually say "this is only available during the event, once it is over, it may be a very long time until it is available again."

Sounds like those "As seen on TV" products ....."Act now, supplies are limited!"
😆

edsel
11-21-2019, 10:07 PM
Character: Cyborg and Beast says to me the already existing character becomes awakenable like Raven was. Plus frozen goldmine lets many who don't have piles of 3star biscuits to wake these bad boys up.

Zugzwang
11-21-2019, 10:22 PM
But what if? WHAT IF? Cyborg Monday’s dungeon is the Somewhere in Time cover city as the dungeon and we get the Stranger In A strange Land Eddie? That would be better than BNW. That’s story mode level detail though so I won’t get my hopes up.

scott-5496
11-22-2019, 12:04 PM
But what if? WHAT IF? Cyborg Monday’s dungeon is the Somewhere in Time cover city as the dungeon and we get the Stranger In A strange Land Eddie? That would be better than BNW. That’s story mode level detail though so I won’t get my hopes up.

That would be cool for sure and maybe that is what we will get.....you never know. It looks like Cyborg and Beast are just awaken-able as was Raven so we do not need to get him again......though just wondering if we have two Cyborgs (which I do as was keeping one for sac) are they both classed as different to each other in the gauntlet if you leave one not awakened and with the old Fury?

Unwon
11-22-2019, 12:39 PM
Game was off 15 hours, gg...

Smudger24
11-22-2019, 07:34 PM
Game was off 15 hours, gg...

Ya bought a key today, thinking the update yesterday said fixed load time issues in between runs. Lucky if I got 3 hrs of runs out of my 8 hr key. Connections been the worst I seen in a while. They really need to fix things.

Unwon
11-25-2019, 08:08 AM
I grinded for 1 mythical icy soul and here were my results

2x T3 (one was guaranteed)
9x T2
5800 SOW
4000 FC
350 rare souls
1000 3 star evo stones on each class in average
300 Skill shards

These are mostly rounded numbers

EDIT: Didn't and couldn't count the ironite but im sure it was lot. Also in some battles i got 15 SoT so some battles were free runs

Yup
11-25-2019, 09:01 AM
were your T3 comics decent?? What were the augments?

Azagthor
11-25-2019, 09:09 AM
I grinded for 1 mythical icy soul and here were my results

2x T3 (one was guaranteed)
9x T2
5800 SOW
4000 FC
350 rare souls
1000 3 star evo stones on each class in average
300 Skill shards

These are mostly rounded numbers

EDIT: Didn't and couldn't count the ironite but im sure it was lot. Also in some battles i got 15 SoT so some battles were free runs

Thanks for the numbers, they mostly match my own (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12670-FROZEN-WASTELAND-Frontier-Dungeon-Picture-Guide), expect you had over double the skill shards I'd have expected from 2,500 runs.

Get any good cosmics out of your souls 11?

Unwon
11-25-2019, 09:20 AM
were your T3 comics decent?? What were the augments?

Get any good cosmics out of your souls 11?

I don't remember all the T2's but i remember getting a few special and MR ones. The T3's were Immortality and DEF

Muzzleloader
11-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Unwon, you earned 1000 evo shards in blue and yellow? If you did you were extremely lucky. I ran about half of what you did and earned about 30 yellow and blue, whites maybe 50.

Yup
11-25-2019, 09:23 PM
The T3's were Immortality and DEF

Ouch.. too bad.

I'm stll wondering why EVERY Fate augment I get is always MAG + with no HP.... Seriously I have like 8 of them from White T1 to Yellow T3.. all MaG with no HP. "random stats" my ass.

AndyCatzo
11-25-2019, 11:46 PM
I have a question for all of you, I still have like 7 keys that I didn't want to use because of all the connection issues and stuff, so I was wondering if I will be able to use them once the event is done (which will be today)

Muzzleloader
11-25-2019, 11:49 PM
You will be able to use them but you want earn the talisman frags.

AndyCatzo
11-25-2019, 11:53 PM
You will be able to use them but you want earn the talisman frags.

So, I will be able to use them but the rewards won't be the same? Or is it only that the talisman frags won't be awarded? That is bad, I was only able to get 400/1000 of the mythical soul

Smudger24
11-26-2019, 01:22 AM
Had a key run from today go through the roll over and still collected frags after I restarted at roll over.

Bakura
11-26-2019, 03:42 AM
The Icy Talisman frags are a permanent part of the dungeon rewards!

Azagthor
11-26-2019, 07:41 AM
Muzzle might have meant you can't earn any new Frozen Keys until the next event? The dungeon is permanent, the rewards and achievement are always there, but the keys are event-exclusive. The wording in the official event post is a little ambiguous. Hopefully they'll be in most future Skull Quest events, if not all of them.

"The Keys for this dungeon will only be available during Skull Quest events, or occasionally as rewards in other monthly events. The Keys will not be available in the Frontier Store."

...and for some shameless self-promotion, you can find a fair bit of information put together into a Beginner's Guide for this dungeon here (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12670-FROZEN-WASTELAND-Frontier-Dungeon-Picture-Guide).

Unwon
11-26-2019, 07:56 AM
Unwon, you earned 1000 evo shards in blue and yellow? If you did you were extremely lucky. I ran about half of what you did and earned about 30 yellow and blue, whites maybe 50.

Yeah that's why I said in average. I got like 1800 of the red, green and purple and 100 blues and 280 yellows

Bakura
11-26-2019, 12:02 PM
The yellow 3* bricks have become the rarest. G. & Cosmic LoL and now Cyborg Eddie use them.

I've grinded Frozen Wasteland probably about 25 hours..... the yellow bricks drop
anywhere from 10 or 14 avg.per 8 hour key (give or take.)

I just got 16 grinding Raven's Altar for 2 hours. The ironite return isn't as good, but if your trying to speed up the awakening process, this is the best for the yellow bricks...... or $29.99 for that multi colored brick pack for 100 of each in the specials store.

If anyone wants to donate a $33 ($30+ tax U.S.) Google Play card to help max a G. LoL (so I can earn Dark Lilith) just private message me the scratch off number.
I would be forever grateful and indebted to you! 😁🤘

URock
11-26-2019, 12:18 PM
The yellow 3* bricks have become the rarest.

I just got 16 grinding Raven's Altar for 2 hours.

I only farm LOL XV and buy Awakening Souls with the farmed fragments. Every Awakening Soul drops 10 colored Evolution Shards. In these 2 hours it's possible to get other needed rare items (5* colored Awakening Shards).

The most shit thing is to wait 7 days to farm a special colored LOL X.
They decreased the droprates and increased the costs & number of new toons, in the hope the players buy more in the shop.

Bakura
11-26-2019, 12:36 PM
I only farm LOL XV and buy Awakening Souls with the farmed fragments. Every Awakening Soul drops 10 colored Evolution Shards. In these 2 hours it's possible to get other needed rare items (5* colored Awakening Shards).

The most shit thing is to wait 7 days to farm a special colored LOL X.
They decreased the droprates and increased the costs & number of new toons, in the hope the players buy more in the shop.

Good point.

Well, atleast with Raven's altar you get colored bricks and the awakening frags. I was just comparing it to this Frozen Wasteland dungeon.

LoL 11-15, Raven's altar & this Wasteland are all necessary for awakening. It just depends on what you're specifically trying to acquire.
It's great we an get purple bricks more abundantly now.

Btw, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but UnWon informed me that:
the Beast requires
25 colorless awakening shards
10 purple awakening shards
6 Beast awakening items
in order to max.

URock
11-26-2019, 01:34 PM
10 purple awakening shards

Every awakenable toon now needs 10 (!) of these shards.
The chatbot didn't wrote a word about that...nice communication with the community, TY FROGS!

Olevipoeg
11-26-2019, 02:20 PM
The yellow 3* bricks have become the rarest. G. & Cosmic LoL and now Cyborg Eddie use them.

I've grinded Frozen Wasteland probably about 25 hours..... the yellow bricks drop
anywhere from 10 or 14 avg.per 8 hour key (give or take.)

Try Labyrinth Dungeon for yellow bricks and its probably the best place to grind awakening shards also.

Bakura
11-26-2019, 09:11 PM
Every awakenable toon now needs 10 (!) of these shards.
The chatbot didn't wrote a word about that...nice communication with the community, TY FROGS!

This pic was taken 3 days ago (Nov. 23rd 4 A.M. CST.)
Are you saying they changed it since then, like in the newest Update?

Did they also change the Character specific awakening shard from 3 to 6?

Yup
11-26-2019, 09:23 PM
Its now 13Mil Gold for that last stage.....

Mateja
11-26-2019, 09:37 PM
This pic was taken 3 days ago (Nov. 23rd 4 A.M. CST.)
Are you saying they changed it since then, like in the newest Update?

Did they also change the Character specific awakening shard from 3 to 6?

Requirements are not changed for old toons, I just evolved W LoL to max yesterday and everything was the same as before. New ones require 10 colored shards and 6 specific shards.

Azagthor
11-27-2019, 03:55 AM
Requirements are not changed for old toons, I just evolved W LoL to max yesterday and everything was the same as before. New ones require 10 colored shards and 6 specific shards.

It's only Beast and Cyborg who have the increased final awakening level currently right? Wonder what the difference is from a design standpoint. Had initially thought it was because of how they're single characters, which the first two waves of awakenable characters came in batches. The 8 LoL related characters, and then all the Raven/Cultist characters. That idea falls apart with the Cosmic Shinobi and Moonchild only needing 3 of the final material though.

Bakura
11-27-2019, 11:22 AM
Try Labyrinth Dungeon for yellow bricks and its probably the best place to grind awakening shards also.
Thank you!
Yeah, Labyrinth is a hotbed for yellow bricks.
Just what I was looking for!
👍😎