PDA

View Full Version : November 21st 2019 Update Discussion

Leviathan
11-21-2019, 11:07 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12659-Game-Update-November-21st-2019).

Discordian
11-21-2019, 11:20 PM
I followed the instructions for iPhone users -

Even reinstalled the game -

And I'm still getting this:

Only now with the music back, presumably from the reinstall.

Yup
11-21-2019, 11:30 PM
Waiting on Apple... tap.. tap.. tap...

I realize there's not much devs can do now.. it's all on Apple's desk.

Iced_Earth
11-21-2019, 11:42 PM
this new eddie is absolutly insane and overtuned.

Yup
11-21-2019, 11:46 PM
Nice try :)

Iced_Earth
11-21-2019, 11:49 PM
dude. game is online for android and the released a new frontier key dungeon with 50 sot costs, 3 trys per key, with reworked eternal charakters

MuzakMaker
11-22-2019, 12:58 AM
The arena bug mentioned has been happening on Android too. Do we know if that will be fixed soon or did they somehow miss that it wasn't IOS only?

MuzakMaker
11-22-2019, 01:07 AM
And my arena achievement is still bugged. Surprise, surpise, another update with issues missed or not actually fixed. At least it wasn't on a Friday this time

Yup
11-22-2019, 01:11 AM
Well still nothing in the App store hours later..... (seriously... I don't know why, month after month, after month.. this isn't addressed)

And the red "restart banner" for a server restart in 30 minutes is funny... App won't even load.... hasn't for the past 8 hours roughly...

DeathDealer-5301
11-22-2019, 01:22 AM
So the Remove Beneficial Effect mission bug still isn't fixed?

AhabsHarpoon
11-22-2019, 02:23 AM
So the Remove Beneficial Effect mission bug still isn't fixed?

You are correct, sir...

Amarthir
11-22-2019, 02:37 AM
So even though the beasts basic says it steals all buffs I just had him hit a guy with vanish like 3 times with his basic before he finally stole it

kkkreg5
11-22-2019, 03:52 AM
Yeah... getting tired of these "key" dungeons. The same filler crap repeated over and over. Does this "new" dungeon have the same issues with Brave talisman? Definitely getting stale again!

drrchmnd
11-22-2019, 04:14 AM
Ok... let me get this straight..... You expect us the players to be excited and overjoyed by this announcement and game update involving a new key dungeon with 4 updated characters available in it.

Gain access to the Eternal Dungeon by purchasing the Eternal Frontier Key Soul from the Frontier Store for 175 Frontier Coins, or get it for 1500 Iron Coins from the Arena Store. Once summoned this will automatically unlock the Eternal Dungeon in the Time Rift!
Once it is unlocked, the Eternal Dungeon will be open for 2 hours total and can only be played through a total of 3 times during that period. Troopers beware! This Dungeon is not for the faint of heart and will test your team’s mettle, so bring your best!

Where you can play through (any of the 4) the dungeons a maximum of 3 times per key. And its not 3 times per dungeon its 3 times period regardless of the dungeon. Add to it you need 10 keys per achievement to get the new and updated characters. So just to get the 4 updated characters you need 40 keys which cost 175FC or 1500 IC or to put it simply completely out of reach of the average player. 7000 FC or 60k IC are needed to as a MINIMUM to get the 4 updated characters. And then there's an additional set of tasks involving the updated characters which costs the same as the first part. So all in all this set of achievements will require us to spend a MINIMUM of 14,000 frontier coins OR 120,000 iron coins or some mixture of.

Of course this absolutely ignores the fact that a large amount of people are still working on getting the LoL's, Gambler, Angel, other keys, and anything else that is new and exciting that will require frontier or iron coins. But what you are counting on is that you can buy ironite and convert it to frontier coins 1 to 1. So if the best deal on ironite is 4k per 140$ but you can only get that 3 times then you need a 55$ with 1800 and ignore the missing 200... and that works out to 475$ for both achievements. For one it's still gonna be about 300$.

So yeah sorry those characters are a little too rich for my blood. I will not be getting them unless they end up on say a "legendary mythical" souls that I can manage to collect the fragments to.

And furthermore this update is as far as I am concerned a "who the hell cares" type of an update. Why you ask because it is completely worthless other than to try to get you spend money on the game. Of course someone will spend the money needed just so they can show off the nice pretty shiny new toy they have. Alas there is no accounting for taste.

Oh I forgot to mention that the palpable stench of greed is starting to get a bit overwhelming.

Azagthor
11-22-2019, 04:46 AM
So just to get the 4 updated characters you need 40 keys which cost 175FC or 1500 IC or to put it simply completely out of reach of the average player. 7000 FC or 60k IC are needed to as a MINIMUM to get the 4 updated characters.

Yeah, I get this, buying 10 keys is not something I'll be doing any time soon. Still way too many other things I still need to do first, not even sure if I could reliably beat this new dungeon anyway. But 1750FC for a character isn't out of line with other character in the FC store. These might technically be the cheapest FC characters they've released in a while? But the rate of release is still super high, with people still working towards the LoLs, the Wicker Dungeons, all the other ones, etc, it all starts to get pretty overwhelming.

Esquatcho
11-22-2019, 06:41 AM
Still well more in the reach of regular players than the dark lillith or Lucifer!

Yup
11-22-2019, 06:43 AM
Have no clue what the actual mechanics are since I can't see the app at all... but....

Based upon posts, remember that keys drop after the first few days.... or they will eventually drop from event achievements... There hasn't been a key which does NOT drop from something somewhere after the first week or so of the key introduction. They, I think, kind of play on the "if you want to get in first.. spend!" aspect.

george-2964
11-22-2019, 08:37 AM
I just wanted to warn you guys that achievements still don't work properly. I collected my win 2000 gauntlet battles and now I am at 184/3000 woo

URock
11-22-2019, 01:40 PM
Eternal Dungeon is too overpowered and needs to be nerved.
Don't play this dungeon! Don't waste your Coins!

URock
11-22-2019, 02:29 PM
Now the game doesn't load on Android.
Same thing every weekend.
Wasted another key, thank you so much for this great development and service.
Nice weekend everybody!

Nicko
11-22-2019, 02:31 PM
Now the game doesn't load on Android.
Same thing every weekend.
Wasted another key, thank you so much for this great development and service.
Nice weekend everybody!

And our “vintage” version is no longer loading on Apple either

SinGularity-8786
11-22-2019, 02:35 PM
Game hung up 30 min ago while in daily dungeon. Since then even Login is impossible...
And over the whole day there have been more connection issues instead of less...

Volrath
11-22-2019, 02:38 PM
Woke up this morning expecting the update to be in the Apple store by now...Nope! This is crazy.

Should I ever get the update, I'll probably try the new dungeon at least once. I like seeing them and seeing what the fights are like but I don't imagine I'll be burning FCs to try and get those characters. I still am hoping to get Gambler Eddie, some of the LOLs and maybe even some of the Egypt characters since I only have 2 of those. While FCs are a little more common these days, it still takes time to accumulate a significant amount. Can't be blowing through them on dungeons all the time.

Natasmai
11-22-2019, 03:03 PM
The dungeons arent too hard, they require thought. You know, you might actually have to play the game without the auto button. I have the first 2 achievements complete and the beelzebub was on the way until the servers died.

And as far as people bitching about the cost. You dont NEED to do this immediately. its a PERMANENT FRIGGIN DUNGEON. Play it at your leisure and as your account abilities will allow. FFS people. AND, you can farm the hell out of FC from the frozen dungeon to pay for these keys.

Look, by all means be pissed about the unstable servers that still arent fixed. Be pissed about adding TONS of additional strain on those servers with all this new content. But otherwise, your bitching is completely invalid.

DEVS I want my SoT and key back from this latest server drop., takes my SoT, wont load the dungeon...

Oh, and these new dungeons are AWESOME. Love them

Akuma
11-22-2019, 03:19 PM
I haven’t bothered to check where the Nodding Frog / Navigator infrastructure lies, but it certainly doesn’t seem to be a first tier cloud provider or on Kubernetes or even elastic compute instances. I just don’t understand how so many problems persist with all the technology out there to make the deployment, updates and scaling of the entire LoTB Service totally foolproof on a worldwide scale. Weird...

I’m sure some of use players could write an infrastructure re-write based on only the problems we’ve experienced over the last two years. I’m formulating my ideas right now.

kkkreg5
11-22-2019, 08:32 PM
This is the ridiculousness of these dungeons, I just wasted 700 FC, 300 ironite and 20,000 gold because I didn't include Eternity Eddie in the ride along slot! Players beware!!

Also, I know the cost was already posted for "new" characters, but just in case, each one requires 50,000 gold as well as the FC and ironite.

Yup
11-22-2019, 08:33 PM
And WHY does every Beelzebub battle end in a draw???? Seems the kill shot on Dark Prince Beelzebub means he wipes out your entire team.

I've only done the Clairvoyant and Beelzebub battles... no issue with Clairvoyant. But 3 out of 3 draws for Beelzebub due to the kill shot on the dark prince. Even when Orbit talismans are present (to block true damage) and Labyrinths seem to have no blocking.

The new passive characters are getting to "Kill everyone when I die" is a cheap tactic and, in my opinion, ruins the spirit of the battles.

GrimDusk
11-22-2019, 09:22 PM
I'll have to look at Beelzebub's stuff and see what works.

Ip4
11-22-2019, 09:27 PM
This is the ridiculousness of these dungeons, I just wasted 700 FC, 300 ironite and 20,000 gold because I didn't include Eternity Eddie in the ride along slot! Players beware!!

Also, I know the cost was already posted for "new" characters, but just in case, each one requires 50,000 gold as well as the FC and ironite.
I lost 2000 fc and 600 ironite to get new. Eternal champion Eddie...that's the end...

Ancient Mariner
11-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Ok i wasted 75 ironite to revive 3 times in the frst round and yet had to give up not to waste more, as i couldn't kill that freaking Eternal champ Eddie whose passive kept damaging my team, while i couldn't apply the passive disable on him (i it cause it's a boss and it doesn't work on him?)

Any idea how to pass the first team?

Ezz
11-22-2019, 09:40 PM
Ok i wasted 75 ironite to revive 3 times in the frst round and yet had to give up not to waste more, as i couldn't kill that freaking Eternal champ Eddie whose passive kept damaging my team, while i couldn't apply the passive disable on him (i it cause it's a boss and it doesn't work on him?)

Any idea how to pass the first team?

This dungeon is a waste of 175FC. After grinding away for 15 minutes the play starts slowing to a crawl and then it just freezes, forced restart. I like a challenge but mashing buttons on near invincible toons for 20 minutes just to lose because of a freeze up is pretty lame. Only one I beat was the wrath dungeon - the others were not fun at all.

Beddie
11-22-2019, 09:51 PM
This team might work

Ancient Mariner
11-22-2019, 09:58 PM
pfff this fucking game tests our nerves... i'm on my second attempt and now i'm stuck in an infinite loop with my angel eddie that won't get killed by Eternal eddie, but i can't kill him aswell and by the way everytime i push a buton to attack the game gets stuk for like 10 econds before running...so freaking annoying and frustrating

Anyway can someone recommend a specific team/talismans for Eternal Eddie stage please?

URock
11-22-2019, 10:02 PM
1. Install new update by the Frogs
2. Wait until they fix the new bugs
3. Wait until they fix the new dungeon
4. Play the new dungeon

drrchmnd
11-23-2019, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I get this, buying 10 keys is not something I'll be doing any time soon. Still way too many other things I still need to do first, not even sure if I could reliably beat this new dungeon anyway. But 1750FC for a character isn't out of line with other character in the FC store. These might technically be the cheapest FC characters they've released in a while? But the rate of release is still super high, with people still working towards the LoLs, the Wicker Dungeons, all the other ones, etc, it all starts to get pretty overwhelming.

Yes the "cost" is in the same ballpark, but there isn't a dungeon attached to it. And those numbers require you to beat it with zero loses. One loss and you have to buy another key.

drrchmnd
11-23-2019, 06:08 AM
The dungeons arent too hard, they require thought. You know, you might actually have to play the game without the auto button. I have the first 2 achievements complete and the beelzebub was on the way until the servers died.

And as far as people bitching about the cost. You dont NEED to do this immediately. its a PERMANENT FRIGGIN DUNGEON. Play it at your leisure and as your account abilities will allow. FFS people. AND, you can farm the hell out of FC from the frozen dungeon to pay for these keys.

Look, by all means be pissed about the unstable servers that still arent fixed. Be pissed about adding TONS of additional strain on those servers with all this new content. But otherwise, your bitching is completely invalid.

DEVS I want my SoT and key back from this latest server drop., takes my SoT, wont load the dungeon...

I have but one thing to say... You have so completely missed the point it isn't even funny. Yes I am bitching and guess what, it is valid. I contemplated explaining it again but I realised that the likelihood of you comprehending and understanding the point(s) I am making is negligible.

Ydex
11-23-2019, 06:24 AM
This may be the last time I try to log into this game. I haven't been playing as much lately, I've been busy with other things. I've been following the forums to stay current about what's going on. I saw the update that was supposed to have fixed achievements. Got the update and logged in earlier today, achievements are still broken. Tonight I was going to play for a few hours. Logged in, went into the clan store, tried to buy Frontier coins, game froze. Tried a couple of more times with no success. Force quit the game and tried to log back in , now I can't log in at all. I may try again later but it's also entirely possible that I may never try ever again. If I can't login and play the fucking game then why bother trying. This is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen.

thealchemist
11-23-2019, 06:38 AM
Silly me thought it might be a good idea to do some more runs in the LOL dungeon. Connection issues galore so decided to restart the game in the hope it might fix it. Now like others I can't even log back in. Meanwhile I have SoT and a key being wasted. I think its become pretty obvious that besides getting through my troopers farming the cosmos and doing a few arena/gauntlet battles here and there, the game isn't worth playing right now.

Azagthor
11-23-2019, 06:48 AM
Yes the "cost" is in the same ballpark, but there isn't a dungeon attached to it. And those numbers require you to beat it with zero loses. One loss and you have to buy another key.

Fair point. My initial thoughts were based on the false idea these dungeons were "Moderate Difficulty", and it wouldn't be too hard for a middle-of-the-ground player to pick up one or two of these new characters.

The dungeons arent too hard, they require thought.

These new dungeons are pretty cool, and I'm glad there are things in this game for end-game playrs like yourself. Always enjoy hearing you and the others discussing strategies for this sort of content. From what I've been hearing, the fights sounds like the sort of thing you might find in high-level PvP, which is fitting considering PvP if how you get the Eternal Soul characters :)

However, this dungeon key's description says it is "Moderate Difficulty", which is obviously incorrect. While it's difficulty means I'll not be able to play it for ages, that's totally fine. Unless there is something broken in the dungeon, like with previous Brave Talisman-related issues, no need for a nerf. But change the description, both on the key and in the news posts. Do that for all the keys, make it clear what the difficulty actually is before people spend their rare currency to open them. A new key should be a moment of excitement, or discovery, of knuckling down and putting together a team to face a new challenge. Not getting absolutely stomped and wasting resources due to misinformation.

Ydex
11-23-2019, 08:06 AM
I literally can't believe that anyone is spinning their wheels having any kind of discussion about this game right now when you can't even fucking log in. They're obviously never going to fix the connection issues. The only thing left to do is go leave a one-star review in the app store, and then you're free!

SinGularity-8786
11-23-2019, 10:34 AM
Talisman-effects (here: immunity to passive disable) still active after wearers death. (here: Hierophant wearing Singularity)

URock
11-23-2019, 12:27 PM
This team might work

What is an Us Eddie? U.S. Cavalry Eddie?

drrchmnd
11-23-2019, 06:30 PM
I literally can't believe that anyone is spinning their wheels having any kind of discussion about this game right now when you can't even fucking log in. They're obviously never going to fix the connection issues. The only thing left to do is go leave a one-star review in the app store, and then you're free!

they only have 2 stars from me from sept 2017...

edsel
11-23-2019, 08:54 PM
Post #666!
Bumped up requirements for Max Awakened stages OUCH69806981

drrchmnd
11-23-2019, 09:15 PM
Post #666!
Bumped up requirements for Max Awakened stages OUCH

Yes yes they did. And don't forget they won't have increased they drop rate or quantity either. But considering the game is currently f'ed again there isn't a method of determining that.

edsel
11-23-2019, 10:25 PM
Rather simple with the right setups6986

kryton
11-23-2019, 11:02 PM
Instead of sticking so much new content in your game,WHY DON'T YOU TRY AND FIX IT SO WE CAN PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME. ERRORS-NO SERVER RESPONSES.
I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PLAY ALL DAY.

RE-FUCKING-DICULOUS

kkkreg5
11-23-2019, 11:07 PM
Haven't been on since this morning. Is this an Anroid only thing? Are they trying to "balance" out from the update?

URock
11-23-2019, 11:46 PM
Awakening costs for max level increased from 5 to 10 x 5* colored runes.
Thank you so much! Great job!

Hartacus
11-25-2019, 01:15 AM
Shit the bed, just as well I gave up on awakening before I even tried. 3rd tier Magus LoL my most awakened toon