PDA

View Full Version : how to negate starfire talisman?

porotikos
11-22-2019, 04:48 PM
hi guys. 99% of the times i lose is because of this bloody talisman. (and i only have 5 of them bloody hell). my own team strength is whats killing me. because all beneficial effects are removed,i can do nothing. or thats what i beleive. how do you battle against it? thank you

Alvorada
11-22-2019, 11:45 PM
Celestial or alchemy talis.

porotikos
11-23-2019, 06:56 AM
Celestial or alchemy talis.

not true my friend. since starfire removes alchemy beneficial effects of invincibillity. doesnt work (at least for me?)

Azagthor
11-23-2019, 07:01 AM
not true my friend. since starfire removes alchemy beneficial effects of invincibillity. doesnt work (at least for me?)

That beneficial effect removal only happens when the Starfire-wearer dies right? So as long as you don't kill the wearer on the first turn, and focus on the other characters, it might work?

I don't have Celestials or Alchemy myself, but reflected damage can get through some damage blocking/reduction effects right?

porotikos
11-23-2019, 07:27 AM
you are right my friend. but what i notice is instantly removal of beneficials along with the reflected damage being sent to me. every bloody time. a bug? i used to run alchemy on shaman eddie. every time there was beneficial effect removal and damage sent back to me. i dont care for beneficial effects removed. but combine it with reflected damage and i am a loser.
perhaps i am missing something? can something else be trigerring reflected damage + beneficial effects removed to me?

edit.
wow i faced another team in the arena. i did 2 moves with the count. first one i almost killed one of their characters. i hit him to disable his passive. due to vorpal i had another turn with the count. this time i hit his killer prime to remove also his passive. wow. i just saw the word "counter" being written, and my whole team got obliterated. and i also had gambler who shouldnt die, but hiw hp1... what is this? cant figure out. any help guys is appreciated

tex-0775
11-24-2019, 12:47 AM
I’ve had some success with golden heal shield. Of course, that require that you win the coin toss or have a char with a passive that can apply that (dunno if thats exists) \,,/

Esquatcho
11-26-2019, 09:17 AM
Have you tried alchemy together with something giving immunity to your chars? Might avoid it being stolen.... I just use starfire v starfire, or labyrinth on set, w singularity on someone else.

Olevipoeg
11-26-2019, 09:52 AM
Is the bug Starfire ignoring Celestials fixed?

Unwon
11-26-2019, 11:11 AM
VHE is a good way to negate it

Wanderer
11-26-2019, 04:38 PM
I also have lost some battles because of that damn set... What I have thought is that maybe with one of these shields that resist 5 or 6 hits, you can counter it, I.E. magus Minotaur passive? I haven't tried it yet, but it should work since the shield absorbs any quantity of damage if it's a single hit.

Mateja
11-26-2019, 05:04 PM
VHE is a good way to negate it

It ignores his passive, got wiped today because of it. Not sure about celestial.

real_schweiger
11-26-2019, 05:40 PM
This appears to me when I am using VHE or Celestial - the damage returns to me. Not sure about the Talisman the other team weared, probably there is a way to get behind Van Helsings passive. When I attack VHE or celestial in PvP the other team arrives no damage. Passive had not been disabled, as far as I had seen this. Enemies in PvP using VHE or celestial usually take no damage when they hit my starfire... so, it is a mysterium to me as well.
To be honest - I donīt use it while attacking very often, but my defense team (except that event team I use at the moment) wears it and I donīt have many losses on it - probably a PvP-defense-only-Talisman ;)

alekos
11-27-2019, 09:04 AM
if you can't avoid hitting the character with the starfire, make sure you hit softly on it..this won't kill you

Beddie
11-27-2019, 09:10 AM
Van Helsing and Celestials negate the damage done by starfires