PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Heroes

Hartacus
11-25-2019, 12:27 AM
Which Eddie/Toon used to be your mainstay but has now fallen by the wayside?
For me its the Sentinel Shinobi. Used to build my entire team around her. Now only gets used in Sentinel only rounds of Gauntlet. Or if Stun is a req in an event

GrimDusk
11-25-2019, 04:00 AM
Cyborg Eddie carried me through everything when the game had just come around. He's fallen off since, but perhaps this new Cyber Monday event will reinvigorate my use for him.

Diamondhead2112
11-25-2019, 04:03 AM
The Prisoner. Never used to fight an arena battle without him, now he’s a niche character - still useful but only used occasionally

Ydex
11-25-2019, 07:51 AM
Assassin Heirophant. My whole PvP strategy was based around nobody else on my team removing beneficial effects, then when his turn came up, BOOM!! Goodbye, your whole team.

Hartacus
11-27-2019, 09:06 PM
Assassin Heirophant. My whole PvP strategy was based around nobody else on my team removing beneficial effects, then when his turn came up, BOOM!! Goodbye, your whole team.

Yeah, fond memories of that guy. Replaced by assassin werewolf who doesn't need stacks of effects to hit 60,000+. Not sure if it was my eyes playing tricks or numbers stacked wierd but sure it hit over 100,000 once

Ydex
11-27-2019, 09:21 PM
Assassin WW is an absolute beast. I put him last in my rotation so he's more likely to use his basic move.

DeathDealer-5301
11-27-2019, 09:23 PM
Shaman Eddie, got him early on and his revive on every basic hit covered up a lot of weakness in my teams. That strategy only gets you so far and haven't used him much since I hit Night City.

Tim28213
11-27-2019, 09:27 PM
For me it was Sentinel Harpy back when the game was new. That was the first multi-hitter I pulled (and only for a while). I played that character through everything in the cosmos. I still use it regularly even in the end stages of gauntlet. Doesn't hit hard comparatively, but good survivability with 3 green talisman slots. Add purge talismans and an easy to time basic attack will strip a lot of buffs off an opponent's team.

Maiden
11-27-2019, 09:39 PM
Nice Thread! For me was Sentinel Corrupted Rescuer, back then when silvers weren't so usual she was amazing, not only removing debuffs from your entire time but doing tons of damage to all enemies and healing as well, I occasionally pick her up at gauntlet.

Volrath
11-27-2019, 09:44 PM
Viking Eddie and I used to tear it up in the arena. But now he is totally unequipped against the newer characters.

Ydex
11-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Yeah, great thread.

My first ever "strategy" was Stone Golem to apply Heal Block, and Golden Son to "damage all"

I used Pharaoh Eddie for the longest time, and he's still a guaranteed good Eddie in Gauntlet. 59,000 HP

Ydex
11-27-2019, 11:09 PM
Oh!! Can't forget MAGUS CRIMEAN SOLDIER

MCS was my BEST EVER character for winning battles I should have lost. Freezing 1/4 of the enemies every turn, such a lifesaver.

I haven't used him a single time in months.

Mercifal
11-28-2019, 10:17 AM
I remember Nomad was ahead of his time. He was one of two characters who could get Advantage (which was later added in the form of talismans and were in the meta for a long time) and probably the only character to vanish back in the day. Madlad helped me to get through the game up to underworld on madness alongside Pharaoh Eddie. Now he is just there, like, I haven't seen him being used for a year now.

Ancient_Mariner
11-28-2019, 10:28 AM
Seventh Son Eddie got me so many skulls at the start, now he sits there gathering dust.

Olevipoeg
11-28-2019, 10:34 AM
I remember the time Corrupt General was king of the hill. :) Only non Eddie char with fury and stunning all.

mikus666
11-28-2019, 10:49 AM
Nomad and Pharaoh Eddie were my first strong combo that I could guarantee autoplay on everything but the final level of Underworld, those were the days.

scott-5496
11-28-2019, 11:29 AM
Would it not be great to get 5 characters refreshed every update - once a month. They have such a wealth of cool characters to go back to and update to make relevant again.

osiris0000
11-28-2019, 11:34 AM
My first ever maxed character, PSS (a.k.a Pharaoh Sun Spirit). In fact he is not forgotten for myself, I still use him in some dungeons, in my opinion PSS is the best 1 star character ever.

scott-5496
11-28-2019, 11:35 AM
My first ever maxed character, PSS (a.k.a Pharaoh Sun Spirit). In fact he is not forgotten for myself, I still use him in some dungeons, in my opinion PSS is the best 1 star character ever.

Indeed, he was one of my first to be maxed in my Warrior team and I still use him too!

Hartacus
11-28-2019, 01:59 PM
Honourable mention to Magus CotD. Came back out of the cold for the power abilities in arena event challenge. That extra 2 power per turn used to be invaluable

Highace
11-28-2019, 06:35 PM
Corrupt General (or Axis Commander back then) and Nomad were always regulars in my team back in the day, along with Grim Reaper Ed. I’d start off all the turns with General to lower MR, along with a decent amount of stuns, and get in a bunch of damage with Ed and Nomad. When I could take 3 allies, I’d always go for Pharaoh Dog King who kept my party healed and cleansed, plus had curse which was awesome back then. Nowadays, none of these find much use outside of Gauntlet.

EnricoPalazzo
11-29-2019, 10:24 AM
Warrior Child of the Damned, my first 5* about 2 months into the game's release.
He took me all the way to Underworld practically on his own, and I still use him occasionally in Gauntlet if I can support him. Nice little buff on the recent update :)

Xanofar
12-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Very early on, when the game was still new, I got the five star Magus Pharaoh Dog King in a rare soul. I think as early as when I was still in Kingdom of the Sands or possibly even Wicker Man Isle. That was the first character I fully sharded because I could tell that he was good (mainly for his passive healing and cleansing every turn, though 100% curse on a single target wasn't bad - I never used his special ability though).

For a long time I used a four star versions (because getting five star versions of characters used to be really time consuming) of Speed of Light Eddie and the Sentinel Desert Guardian.

After I beat The Beast for the first time, I got my first Gunner-Assassin rare soul and got lucky with it giving me Aces High Eddie, who became my main character for a long time (always in combination with Pharaoh Dog King).

I think my main PvP team back in the day though (like a year or two later?) was Visions Eddie with an Angel and Blind Talismans, Pharaoh Dog King (I used this guy longer than any other character for sure), Assassin Newborn of Light (Revenge was a powerful thing), and the fourth slot changed, but I think it eventually became either Assassin Artillery Dog for the starting Immunity or Axis Commander for the stuns (with Freeze and Blind talismans).

As a side note, I'm not overly fond of Pharaoh Dog King's new(ish) model. I remember liking the old one more, it looked less glossy.

Azagthor
12-31-2019, 09:32 AM
I've only been playing for a few months, but my current team already looks nothing like my old one. And I used to think my old one was the bee's knees!

2019 Tour Eddie (http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/character-en/2019-tour-eddie-warrior/)
Considering I previously thought Wicker Man Eddie's (http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/character-en/wicker-man-eddie-magus/) basic that gave a Magma Shield was the best thing in the world, this fully skill-sharded character was incredible. Got me all the way through most of Underworld, alongside Pharaoh Eddie's (http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/character-en/pharaoh-eddie-sentinel/) Invincibility Fury.

Lamia, Reaper Boss (http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/character-en/lamia-reaper-boss-assassin/)
I'd been playing for less than a month when her event happened, and she was a MASSIVE power boost for me. Although occasionally she'd cause defeats in auto-play by Dark Ghosting the enemy team and I had no way of dealing with that.

Kurenai, Shinobi Rogue (http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/character-en/kurenai-shinobi-rogue-warrior/)
One of the first characters I fully skill-sharded, I've only recently stopped using Kurenai outside of 4*≥ restricted places. Her passive grants an offensive buff when she takes damage, which paired wonderfully with the counter-attack part of Viper talismans. Remember being blown away you could deal hits as high as 40k :p

Magus Undead Rescuer (http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/character-en/undead-rescuer-magus/)
Despite having one of the highest Magic stats in the game, this "Silence in the Library" (https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p01g3vg6.jpg) reference never seemed to deal much damage. Their passive Curse made up for it though, making most fights much easier. The Killer Prime (http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/character-en/the-killer-prime-sentinel/) was the obvious replacement though.

DynamoJaeger
01-25-2020, 04:20 PM
Magus Crimean Soldier. I used him to beat all LoL and BNW dungeons. As well to complete Battlefield on Hard and Madness and Underworld on Hard.

Now he's still useful, but there I got many better characters since then like Assassin Werewolf, Gunner Minotaur, Alchemist, Killer Beast and Killer.

Beddie
01-25-2020, 04:30 PM
Run to the Hills and Killers Eddie

Olevipoeg
01-25-2020, 08:37 PM
Corrupt General. It pulled me thru many many fights.

razgriz
01-27-2020, 07:11 AM
for eds it was clansman till ferryman came then i started using crusader for a long time, for toons its the count & sekhmet

BonFire
01-31-2020, 03:13 AM
Magus and Assassin Harpies. Before the Clairvoyant and Wrath came out, they were my Arena stays.

BennySalazar
02-13-2020, 09:06 PM
My first characters i used multiple times was the Sent Mayan Princess. During an event I was lucky to pull the ACES BOMBER EDDIE out of the first soul I earned and he guided me throught the underworld on madness. Since then I only get crap from event souls. But when i used my team back then (aces bomber ed + S Mayan P + Mag Valkyrie) for the first time in the night city I fellt right away I had to grow some more and come back later.

The LOL mega awakening event came to early for me unfortunately. I wasn't strong enough yet to auto play yet. I merely got one LOL and I could not earn Dark Lilith and Lucy. But with the Gunner ONYX SON I earned I could finaly return to the night city and he became my new champ. But since 2 months I don't use him as much any more because now I have the A Werewolf

infinite dreamer
02-18-2020, 06:35 PM
Great thread, magus Allied Soldier was one of my early MVP's way back. Reflect shield, multi-hitter, he was so useful. Unfortunately, I haven't used him in a long time. I used him with SOL Eddie and a mix of WCOTD and sentinel Allied Bomber Boy to beat the original cosmos.

Another character I leaned on for the BNW gardens (especially Garden of Dismay) was gunner Gunner Dog. Strike or echo talismans and he was awesome for that part of the game.

Muzzleloader
02-18-2020, 06:45 PM
If you want a set of forgotten heroes, my first team used for the daily dungeon. It is alittle slow but never lost. With the new OP talisman, still relatively slow but reliable.

W sun spirit. Reviver
SoL. Buff removal
Desert guardian. Blocker
M allied soldier. Reflector

Ydex
02-18-2020, 07:20 PM
Block, Reflect, Revive. I love a good endurance team.

Muzzleloader
02-18-2020, 07:38 PM
My times are about 1:30, so slow compared to the airstrip team. It doesnt take any rare talisman to run.

Madrik
02-18-2020, 08:32 PM
ive been playing a few months and for me Soldier Eddie was my first Eddie I maxxed, used him alongside wickerman and Clairvoyant took me a long way but recently swapped to cyborg, pair him up with caria and now its fury every turn.

purplepeople
02-19-2020, 03:07 AM
Carriage Rider Eddie was the first non-standard Eddie I pulled, and I still have a soft spot for him. I loved his Torch ability for getting to use my power move 3-4 times along with a basic in one turn if I stored up enough power (and I'd play him alongside Alliance General and Gunner COTD so I was always gaining/stealing power). In Arena, I could have a fighting chance against a lot of teams by using his future basic to strip immunity and then hitting them with stun from my third ally's Quake talismans.

aidinia
02-29-2020, 05:23 PM
Love this thread!
I used Speed of Light way longer that I needed, I actually had Benjamin, and kept using Speed of Light <3 I only stop using him when I got Clansman
Magus and Gunner Mayan, I mean, Gunner Mayan have 1.6 hp (because she revives), and she cures everybody. I had to stop using her when crave became a thing. Kept using Magus Maya for a while after that, it was good to use her last and sleep everyone.
And at last the ones that you've been saying, Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer and Shinobi

Phoenix-7282
03-06-2020, 04:54 AM
I got magus minotaur from an event soul shortly after clearing battlefield in hard and his force shield helped me immensely in underworld. Later got assassin hierophant and was breezing through till I reached night city.

My first 4 star character was assassin pyro soldier. He helped me greatly in kingdom of sands as my enemies were low level and he was one shotting all of them. Got warrior allied soldier afterwards and his heal block helped in Lord of light levels. I hardly use these two anymore.

legacy_of_not
05-04-2020, 05:19 PM
It was Benjamin Breeg and Allied General for me. The health boost and power drain.

Ironstyle
05-04-2020, 08:01 PM
Assassin Child of the Damned. No one on my team hit harder than that guy. He carried me all the way through the Underworld.

Deathbat6120
05-04-2020, 08:33 PM
I remember my old team of Samurai Eddie, Magus Corrupt Rescuer (Removing beneficial effects and freezing power move), Sentinel Golden Son (Healing and heal shields were invaluable) and the Golden Pharaoh Dog. Used these lot everywhere I could, especially arena. I think I only started changing this team when Osiris was released. Haven't used any of these characters for a long time.

Esquatcho
05-04-2020, 11:38 PM
Assassin Golden Son! Was the best glass cannon for a long time and I loved him. Also Val was great, dishing out the negative effects and doing solid damage. I still use her occasionally, but Assassin GS is now not really strong at all.

M Allied Soldier too, but he is still pretty decent in terms of damage too.

Hartacus
05-13-2020, 07:05 PM
Update: After G. Minotaur usurped A. Heirophant, A. Werewolf came along and hasn't left since

Firehead
05-17-2020, 07:50 AM
W. Ultimate Sacrifical Heart. I had that guy decked out with talismans.

Firehead
05-17-2020, 08:05 AM
No but seriously though:

G. Hierophant, W. Angel Of Fear, W. Golden Son, W. Newborn Of Light, A. Corrupt Harpy

All of them except the G. Hierophant were pretty much just my primary allies before I started getting out of the stage where all you really have is the basic stuff (characters, talismans, etc.). But the G. Hierophant is a legit forgotten hero of mine and was a mainstay in my team for quite a while. In my team he wasn’t all that powerful, but he was very sturdy and hard to take down. I’ve had a lot of wins and draws in battles that I would have lost without his sturdiness.

Esquatcho
05-18-2020, 11:07 PM
W. Angel Of Fear

This dude is definitely not forgotten! Ive just been dropping crazy red souls to try and get more of him. Dominates Odin

Astronura
08-10-2020, 10:10 PM
My first useful ally I ever got was the Gunner Dog. His multiple hit and chance to get an Extra Turn was something useful back then. I paired him with Tailgunner Eddie to have a lot of damage output, but I haven't used either for a while.

Muzzleloader
08-10-2020, 10:42 PM
Gunner dog can be useful in airstrip and daily/weekly key dungeons

LOCUST
08-29-2020, 03:18 AM
Since Grim Reaper Eddie has become awakanable he's back to my go to for eddies. He used to suck but I still used him....now he's hitting a whole lot harder.

Legolion17
02-24-2021, 08:34 PM
My forgotten hero is Oni Eddie. Got him within the first week of the game (I don't remember how, probably a super lucky drop in an assassin/gunner soul or something), but I used to go with him, S. Valkyrie, M. CotD, and Domino, Woman in Uniform. Even though he is still lethal and very powerful, my Max-Awakened Grim Reaper Ed has usurped him. Maybe when I Max-Awaken Oni I'll use him more.

Oh, I still use the Woman in Uniform a lot, I actually use two now, but the other two I almost never play. Maybe in gauntlet if I have nothing else, but they simply aren't good enough. Now I usually run Grim Reaper Ed, 2 Women in Uniforms, and a Sanctified Templar Knight.

ArrRenn
11-22-2022, 12:26 AM
Toss-up between Pharaoh Eddie and Beast Eddie. Beast is too dangerous to autogrind with now, wipes out his team to nuke an opponent. Pharaoh is still a badass, he was captain of The Wrecking Crew when all I had was a few basic toons. Still put him in when I need reliable Invincibility. When Phantom, Oni and Mystic arrived I began to diversify.

The Educated fool
12-14-2022, 07:18 PM
As people have said, great thread! :cool: I've not been here in many moons, so just now seeing it.

I remember well how jealous I was that you had this fomo max-sharded... skill shards were A LOT harder to come by, back then! lol I still use this boy as my first choice when farming the worm dungeon.

For me though, my hero was always Speed of Light Eddie (My first max-sharded character, and first character I evolved to 5 stars), and he used to ride with Axis Commander (Corrupt General) and Wicker Dog Queen (who I liked better than Pharaoh Dog King, because of her multi-hitting) for the magic buff. These three were the first team I beat ol' Beasty with, and were my mainstays for a long time. While Speedy's awakening has made him better than ever, the other two have been collecting dust for years. I need to revisit that puppy and show her some love! lol